Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

How's the view of him from this side, Jenny asked Quint, suddenly thinking that he might not have seen Kolt from the outside before.
She sudibly laughed as he enveloped her in the hug and she returned the action. "As glad as I am to see you, I'll bet," she told him, sneaking a quick peck to his cheek before pulling back slightly. "Was that OK," she asked, suddenly recalling prior times. She looked over to MT. "How's everyone," she asked.
---------------
Corp twitched slightly. "It's OK, Lewis," he remarked, "I suppose I have to get used to intense emotions playing on me sooner rather than later."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"I want to apologize for what Hawk did earlier," The OtherSide began, "He had a bad experience with the fellow named Dracorlok and his followers couple years ago and made it his personal mission to end every follower. So, when your hit connected with us, it sort of triggered the memory in him. But I personally know you are not a follower as their combat style is vastly different form yours...plus, you don't carry the Sigil Of The Blood Crystal on you, so there's that too. Same time, I want to congratulate you. My species have never met anyone who could face us in combat and not only live but manage to do some decent damage to us so, for that, I personally want to congratulate you on that," The OtherSide stuck their metallic claw out in an offer to shake Titan's as it finished what it was saying, "Between you and me, I know Hawk wouldn't apologize. In fact, he'd probably attack you where you stand right now...hence why I took his place for the day."
Titan stood there silently. The gaze of their expressionless full face helmet directed down at the other side's eyes. Titan's arms crossed in front of their chest, resting there as the hero stared down the metal wolf, not looking particularly impressed. None of what the Other Side had just said instilled any kind of confidence in Titan that Hawk or the Other Side were serious about being heroes.

Titan continued to watch the Other Side, not saying a word. Simply watching for what he would do next.

---------------------------------
Everyone talking to MT wrote:various words of explanation about physical representations of nonphysical objects
"I do not know if I am fine, Jenny." MT replied. "The past few days, and right now especially, I have gained more questions than I hope to answer. I have just been shown proof of the existence of gods or at least God-like beings. Beings representing emotions I do not even know if I truly have, or if I am just mimicking. I do not know the ramifications this might have on other things. Life after death, souls of organics... whether I, as an artificial intelligence, have a soul..."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's true," Messalca agreed, "but, if you can't do that, the next best may be to get them at ease with who they are." She watched as the press crew conducted an interview with Saffy, who was exaggerating effects with her arms. "Wonder how long before they get to you," Messalca prodded.
"I was the first person they talked to." Hivemind shook his head. "I have nothing to tell them, and won't have anything until I'm done investigating."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No," Jaken said with intrigue, "are they joining the Champions? Uh, junior league," he added quickly.
"One of them might be." Hivemind said. "But I think it would be good for you to meet both of them. What do you think?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's certainly a relief," Jenevive replied, "and I might even end up as their teacher if the application goes through." She looked over at the cubs play fighting. "Gods help me," she added, standing as Hannabelle accepted the hand with a show of grace. "So, what sort of training is Golten in for?"
The Lycan followed the attendant to the table where he took a seat. Eira sat next to him, and The Lycan gestured for Jenevive to sit across from him so that they could talk easier. This left a free seat next to him. Gear, meanwhile, lead Hannabelle to an empty seat and took the one next to her. "Mostly he'll be practicing responsibility. How to use his ability in everyday life without violating the rights of others. The rest depends on his needs. He might train on how to control his power better, how to strengthen his power, or otherwise."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva choked back a laugh. "Watch how you say that, Pred," she warned, "some use 'reproduce' to mean babies. You might try 'copy'?" She stood close to Pred's foot and looked over the market. "You can often tell things about a person from a market, true," she agreed, "those who buy only what they need, for example, and those who buy more than that, things they covet or are fascinated by. And the vendors. Those who give good value, those who like to chat and those who like to chat to cover the fact they're giving poor value. See any item you like or want?"
"I do not know what items I need. I do not have any hobbies yet, so I do not know what items I want." Predator shrugged. "As such, I am learning from others. I wish to see what they choose, and what they want. I feel more interested in things with a strategic use, but that's just the war mech in me." The predator drone turned his large head, looking down at Keeva. "See any item you would suggest?"

[quote="Welsh Halfwit""Sounds fair," Seena said. "Might be best to nip back to the HAVEN anyhow. We need to get some medical files for you."[/quote]
Deske wrote:"I like this idea. I like this idea a lot," Colorado says with somewhat controlled excitement.
Legotron123 wrote:“That.... sounds like it might work.” Liz said, already thinking about what she’d say to the rest of her family. ”Feel free to study whatever bits of technology from the Beacon you need to get this done. As long as you can let us call home.”
Hivemind nodded enthusiastically. "It would be best to use the Steelhaven's communication system. It's more powerful than the personal comm devices we worked with last time. The signal should be stronger, and the ship's computer can help me gather the data I need faster." Hivemind stepped back to the door as a self-driving van pulled up in front of the house. "We should go as soon as everyone is ready. The sooner we do this, the sooner all of you can call home. We'll take the van."

Deske wrote:"To tell you the truth, it does make me a little nervous. I have another couple of ideas, less invasive but they should still mitigate the problem of them being targets. The only issue these designs bring up is that they are smaller and more compact, so they do not have the surface area to dissipate heat as well." He shrugged, "Such are the troubles with designing something.".
Hivemind nodded, understanding what Ulrich was talking about. Heat dissipation was a major problem with more powerful devices. "You have time to think about it. Earliest I can help you manufacture that is this afternoon after we leave Celica, and it will take some time. In the meantime, how are you? You're not hurt, are you? Can you tell me what happened?"

furrygamer793 wrote:Brad manages to turn back to normal size. "I think I'm okay, just a bit... queasy. May I take Ken from you, sir?" He replies. Placing aside the weapons he had, Brad quickly gets out of his armor, and makes a quiet remark about the armor shrinking with him.

"Apologies, Captain, I haven't done much action while shrunk, not since the Statue Incident, I don't even want to talk about that mess... er... well... I kind of do, but like..."
"It's fine, Brad." Hivemind said. "And Ken is right over there." He said, pointing to the miniature mech leaning against the wall. "Even if you had been used to fighting when small, you wouldn't have beaten Titan. Nobody has beaten Titan. The point of this exercise was to teach a single very specific lesson. No matter how big of a fish you think you are, there's always a bigger one. There's always a stronger super. That's why we need to operate as a team."

Gadgeteer was contemplating what Jenny had said when his data pad dinged. He held it up, checking for notifications. "Hmm... Local internet is back. That didn't take long. Social media is already blowing up..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Titan stood there silently. The gaze of their expressionless full face helmet directed down at the other side's eyes. Titan's arms crossed in front of their chest, resting there as the hero stared down the metal wolf, not looking particularly impressed. None of what the Other Side had just said instilled any kind of confidence in Titan that Hawk or the Other Side were serious about being heroes.

Titan continued to watch the Other Side, not saying a word. Simply watching for what he would do next.
Reeling its claw back, The OtherSide click its tongue as Titan stood there motionless. Being the curious one at the moment, The OtherSide reached out and felt Titan's armor, around the shoulder plate, and was visually impressed as it compliments while giving it a tap, "Impressive armor. Strong enough to probably withstand even an blast from a dreadnought's cannon. However, all armor, no matter its strength, has a weakness," it pulled its claw away again to place it under its chin, "I know you are cosmic tier and are, thus, nigh invulnerable, you still have a weakness and that being your own strength. You meditate cause you fear that you may one day just lose it and cause universal destruction. I know Hivemind watches you like it does everyone here, but you still fear that you may just *snap* and not even the Hivemind would be able to stop you. This isn't me being cocky or acting like I know more, but it's something my species, for as long as we've roamed the universe, have noticed in many with such strength. You probably don't agree with me and I wouldn't even blame you: I'm just the sane part of a loose-cannon of a ex-bounty hunter who wishes to redeem himself by joining the Champions. But I do notice things, Titan and what I've noticed of you? I think my words speak the truth." The OtherSide then stood there, arms crossed, and waited to see what Titan would do in response.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny sighed gently towards MT. "Join the club, pal," she said. "Everyone who can think for themselves faces those questions and fears throughout their lives. Do I have a soul? I can honestly say I don't know most of the time. A number of Earthers and the people on Colony 14 would say 'no' but..." she showed him a cunning grin, "I decided that I wasn't going to let them decide that for me, yeah? So I don't know but I'm not taking 'no' for an answer. And, incidentally?" She pointed a finger. "You have emotions. That one you're feeling right now? That's confusion. It's a whole mix of things but it's definitely an emotion that's both logical and illogical at the same time. So it can't be mimicked easily, MT. It's the one emotion that can't even be learned, it just happens. The rest of the answers? You'll find them for yourself. Or not. That's life for all us living things, including you."
------------------
"So what DID happen here anyway," Messalca asked, genuinely curious. "up to and including the Lottery hand of God saying 'it could be you' and making the Motel a place of pilgrimage."
-----------------
The spare seat next to the Lycan wasn't spare for long as Corvis practically materialised in it, stopping so fast next to his idol that his tie was still swinging as his mother's eyes rolled at the sight of him. "He'd be good at watching things," he said chirpily, making sure his brother was already sat down a few seats away, next to Gran and Gear, "'coz he's a terrible fighter."
"I CAN hear you, you know?"
"I know," Corvis said sweetly. "Um, how is he seeing through other people's brains? Is it because he doesn't have one?"
"Corvis..." Jenevive warned, hiding a well fought grin behind a menu.
"Thanks, Gear," Hannabelle said.
-----------------
"I suppose it couldn't hurt," Jaken agreed, spooning more of the ice cream slush into his mouth.
-----------------
"Well," Keeva mused, "if we were to call the bay you live in 'your room', we could always use things to accentuate it. Perhaps one of those plants is low maintenance," she offered, indicating a particular stall, "so you can learn a little about taking care of something? Or you could use some of those fabrics to make wall hangings and break up the monotony of the one colour walls? Which would you prefer if given a bare second to make the choice?"
-----------------
Sana decided on a plan to help Denver better visualise the universe he was in and, after breakfast, settled back on to the couch to watch a schools 'universe' special from the Earther's world that she'd downloaded when there earlier in the month. It'd probably be wrong in places but she'd sort that out.
-----------------
"Well," Cherry said, indicating her outfit, "I'm ready and, seemingly, I'm dressed for it. Shall we?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"After you," Colorado says, gesturing to the door.
------
"Ah no, I am doing fine. Especially after the healers patched me up. As for what happened, I was heading down the elevator when Kolt's room exploded outwards. I hurried over to help once I got down there and he wasn't acting like himself. I have definitely noticed how he acts around Jenny and to see him go after her definitely let me know that something was wrong. Big fight, as I am sure you can tell, which, near the end, didn't seem like one we were going to win. Then what was basically the hand of God, parted reality and firmly grasped some sort of gross slug-like object from Kolt's head. It was crazy, but it was oddly comforting while it was here. It was bright gold and it radiated an almost blindingly bright aura. At the same time, Kolt grew eight extra tails, becoming a kitsune of sorts, which also had the same blinding gold color to them. I can only assume it was from the same entity," Ulrich said, having cut his rambling short once he realized that he was in fact beginning to ramble rather than provide an accurate picture of the events prior.
------
"What's this?" Denver asked, as he sat down on the couch next to Sana.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt’s face was somehow blushing a deep red, and he was babbling incoherently under his breath, but he hadn’t completely shutdown yet, so he seemed to be handling the kiss well, all things considered. Eventually, he managed to calm down enough to give her a somewhat coherent response. “T-that was okay. Really, really okay.” He babbled out, sounding rather happy despite everything.

We DO have mirrors on Concertia Jenny. I know what Kolt looks like from the outside.” Quint said, sounding a little amused by the line of questioning. He quickly grew more amused by Kolt’s reaction to being kissed, quickly getting any idea. Try to get him to say exactly WHY he thinks it is “okay.” I believe you will like the answer.

“Wait, why do we need a van if we have tele-you know what, I’m not going to question it.” Liz said, as she got into the vehicle.
Lewis stayed close to Corp, wanting to make sure the mouse wasn’t still feeling off from his empathy powers.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Reeling its claw back, The OtherSide click its tongue as Titan stood there motionless. Being the curious one at the moment, The OtherSide reached out and felt Titan's armor, around the shoulder plate, and was visually impressed as it compliments while giving it a tap, "Impressive armor. Strong enough to probably withstand even an blast from a dreadnought's cannon. However, all armor, no matter its strength, has a weakness," it pulled its claw away again to place it under its chin, "I know you are cosmic tier and are, thus, nigh invulnerable, you still have a weakness and that being your own strength. You meditate cause you fear that you may one day just lose it and cause universal destruction. I know Hivemind watches you like it does everyone here, but you still fear that you may just *snap* and not even the Hivemind would be able to stop you. This isn't me being cocky or acting like I know more, but it's something my species, for as long as we've roamed the universe, have noticed in many with such strength. You probably don't agree with me and I wouldn't even blame you: I'm just the sane part of a loose-cannon of a ex-bounty hunter who wishes to redeem himself by joining the Champions. But I do notice things, Titan and what I've noticed of you? I think my words speak the truth." The OtherSide then stood there, arms crossed, and waited to see what Titan would do in response.
Titan, once again, stood there silently. They didn't appear to react at first. Titan considered what the OtherSide had said. It was all true, of course, but it wasn't some sort of revelation. It was the whole reason they wore a power limiting armor in the first place. One that kept their powers at such a low level as to be effectively 0% their true potential with it on. Titan looked at the OtherSide, but eventually just shrugged and nodded.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny sighed gently towards MT. "Join the club, pal," she said. "Everyone who can think for themselves faces those questions and fears throughout their lives. Do I have a soul? I can honestly say I don't know most of the time. A number of Earthers and the people on Colony 14 would say 'no' but..." she showed him a cunning grin, "I decided that I wasn't going to let them decide that for me, yeah? So I don't know but I'm not taking 'no' for an answer. And, incidentally?" She pointed a finger. "You have emotions. That one you're feeling right now? That's confusion. It's a whole mix of things but it's definitely an emotion that's both logical and illogical at the same time. So it can't be mimicked easily, MT. It's the one emotion that can't even be learned, it just happens. The rest of the answers? You'll find them for yourself. Or not. That's life for all us living things, including you."
MT considered what Jenny had said, but wasn't wholly convinced. "I am less sure about that, Jenny. Confusion is a conflict of input data from sensory and memory sources. It is easily mimicked." The mech went quiet for a beat, then continued. "I don't know if I'm mimicking it. I am sure you are not, but there is a difference between organic life and non-living metal. I feel I need to find... some way... of learning more about that entity and the implications it has."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So what DID happen here anyway," Messalca asked, genuinely curious. "up to and including the Lottery hand of God saying 'it could be you' and making the Motel a place of pilgrimage."
Hivemind just shrugged. "Again, I'm still piecing that together. What I know is that one of the teammates had an enemy. A member of an extradimensional race of body-snatchers who target people with powers. We've been experiencing signs this enemy was planning to attack for a couple days now, but we didn't expect the attack to happen so soon. It seems the body snatcher sneaked in while the team was just waking up and tried to abduct one of the team. This race has the ability to amplify the powers of those they possess, so the team had a tough time fighting them."

"As for the hand..." Hivemind continued. "It was likely Diligitis, the personification of love and the patron of heroes. Diligitis's power got particularly strong here recently, with the presence of a few of his artifacts and the creation of the Tree of Celica. That may have allowed him to reach through to intervene in this case."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:The spare seat next to the Lycan wasn't spare for long as Corvis practically materialised in it, stopping so fast next to his idol that his tie was still swinging as his mother's eyes rolled at the sight of him. "He'd be good at watching things," he said chirpily, making sure his brother was already sat down a few seats away, next to Gran and Gear, "'coz he's a terrible fighter."
"I CAN hear you, you know?"
"I know," Corvis said sweetly. "Um, how is he seeing through other people's brains? Is it because he doesn't have one?"
"Corvis..." Jenevive warned, hiding a well fought grin behind a menu.
"Thanks, Gear," Hannabelle said.
The waiter didn't take too long to show up and start taking orders. "Hello! Thank you for coming today. Could I start you all off with some drinks?"

"Just coffee for me. Decaf." The Lycan said.
"A large peanut-butter cup smoothie, please."
"Got any cyber-sludge?" Gear asked.

The waiter lifted an eyebrow at Gear. "Cyber sludge?"

"Nutrient supplement for Cyborgs. It's the only thing I can eat nowadays." he clarified.

"I... don't know for sure, but I can check. What would the rest of you like?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose it couldn't hurt," Jaken agreed, spooning more of the ice cream slush into his mouth.
"I'll have to see if I can arrange something then." Hivemind said. "They're eating breakfast right now, so it would be a little inappropriate to interrupt them. Is there something you'd like to do in the meantime?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Keeva mused, "if we were to call the bay you live in 'your room', we could always use things to accentuate it. Perhaps one of those plants is low maintenance," she offered, indicating a particular stall, "so you can learn a little about taking care of something? Or you could use some of those fabrics to make wall hangings and break up the monotony of the one colour walls? Which would you prefer if given a bare second to make the choice?"
The Predator considered for exactly one second, down to the millisecond. "A plant, I think. Aiding the survival of a living thing just feels... natural to me. Is there a plant you would recommend? I believe something with flowers might brighten my 'room' a bit."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Cherry said, indicating her outfit, "I'm ready and, seemingly, I'm dressed for it. Shall we?"
Deske wrote:"After you," Colorado says, gesturing to the door.
Legotron123 wrote:“Wait, why do we need a van if we have tele-you know what, I’m not going to question it.” Liz said, as she got into the vehicle.
Lewis stayed close to Corp, wanting to make sure the mouse wasn’t still feeling off from his empathy powers.
"For the last time, I can't teleport us. This ship doesn't use teleporters, it uses portal doors. Portal doors that, once again, I can't open to private residences. The nearest portal door is at the train station, with a vehicle sized one not much further in the other direction." The droid climbed into the 'driver's seat' though there wasn't a steering wheel to drive with. Once everyone was in the van, it pulled out and started driving towards the outer wall of the city dome.

Deske wrote:"Ah no, I am doing fine. Especially after the healers patched me up. As for what happened, I was heading down the elevator when Kolt's room exploded outwards. I hurried over to help once I got down there and he wasn't acting like himself. I have definitely noticed how he acts around Jenny and to see him go after her definitely let me know that something was wrong. Big fight, as I am sure you can tell, which, near the end, didn't seem like one we were going to win. Then what was basically the hand of God, parted reality and firmly grasped some sort of gross slug-like object from Kolt's head. It was crazy, but it was oddly comforting while it was here. It was bright gold and it radiated an almost blindingly bright aura. At the same time, Kolt grew eight extra tails, becoming a kitsune of sorts, which also had the same blinding gold color to them. I can only assume it was from the same entity," Ulrich said, having cut his rambling short once he realized that he was in fact beginning to ramble rather than provide an accurate picture of the events prior.
Hivemind paused for a moment. "Kolt... grew extra tails?" He asked, glancing sideways at their fox companion. "Which came first, the hand in the sky, or the eight extra tails growing?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The boys hide smiles at the dynamic between Liz and Hivemind, Cailean first then Conall a moment later as the younger brother interprets everything into sign for him.

Both boys quietly and politely follow the group, neither having yet been addressed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The OtherSide nodded, a small smile coming across their face as they did, while uncrossing their arms. "Thanks for listening," The OtherSide then said before turning around and walking away, Hawk none the wiser to what it just did. "Perhaps there is one thing you could do for me," The OtherSide stopped in its tracks said to Titan, "Do you know if there are any other Champions on board right now? Hawk and I only met the Lycans and the person who trained with us earlier and I'm interested in meeting the rest."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny shrugged lightly, choosing to talk with MT more before asking Kolt why. The big guy needed reassurance more, she felt. "There is, M.T.," she said pleasantly, "it's called living. The answers you want will come in time, probably. And you have just as much right as any of us to get such answers. Me especially. I was man made too. Knocked up in a genetics lab by scientists. And I'm definitely alive. Same as you. What I was created as doesn't define me anywhere near as much as what I do does."
---------------------
"Not sure," Jaken admitted, before grinning slightly. "What did you like to do? Back when you could get bored?"
---------------------
Corp sat next to Liz in the transport as the others got in around them. He kept his face straight, to make sure she didn't notice the strain he was under. Of course he didn't realise his hand was atop hers...
"Short tour," Cherry said, strapping into her seat, "here we come."
--------------------
"These two'll have Cherryades," Hannabelle said, indicating the two cubs. "and muzzles, handcuffs and straws if you got 'em. Me? I'm in the mood for Tarkalean tea."
"And a Marokovanian scenic for me," Jenevive said, referring to a Canid mocktail.
-------------------
"Good choice," Keeva remarked. "Let's see now. What about a few..." She moved amongst the plants she had a basic knowledge of, them being from Earth - or whatever it was called here. "What about a couple of Ficus and one of... That's a good name. A cast iron plant? Both easy to look after and hard wearing?"
-----------------
"A school's program from our Earth," Sana explained, schhoching slightly closer to Denver, "I don't know how good it is but it apparently covers some of the other races and our planets. It's probably wrong in most places but I thought it might help? Downloaded it when I was in the Bahamanian Islets place last week."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana seemed to relax a bit as Jenny and MT talked, as if the normalcy helped distract her from the days previous events. She chuckled lightly as the conversation continued, "I don't think life is really how it begins, but what you do with it. Like, I don't even know where I fall in the beginning category. I just woke up on a slightly destroyed asteroid lab, so I could be, I dunno, an organic computer and not even know it!" She seemed to ramble, before rubbing her helmets chin as she looked at MT, "Maybe you need a hobby. That's what Diligitis prescribed me anyway." She then turned back to Kolt, seemingly remembering something, "We should totally play telekinetic frisbee by the by. Grow our telekinetic powers. Learn to throw invisible knives."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Once he had gotten over the kiss, Kolt looked up towards MT’s face. “I mean, you could always ask the big guy himself.” He gestured towards where the giant golden hand had come out of the sky. “He’s actually rather easy to talk to. Just focus on the people you care about and the way they make you feel, then try talking to those feelings.” He said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

As Liz took a seat in the van, it didn’t take her long notice Corp placing his hand over hers. She gently moved her hand out, giving the mouse an odd look in the process. “Corp....” She stated, leaving the implied question unspoken.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:The boys hide smiles at the dynamic between Liz and Hivemind, Cailean first then Conall a moment later as the younger brother interprets everything into sign for him.

Both boys quietly and politely follow the group, neither having yet been addressed.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp sat next to Liz in the transport as the others got in around them. He kept his face straight, to make sure she didn't notice the strain he was under. Of course he didn't realise his hand was atop hers...
"Short tour," Cherry said, strapping into her seat, "here we come."
Legotron123 wrote:As Liz took a seat in the van, it didn’t take her long notice Corp placing his hand over hers. She gently moved her hand out, giving the mouse an odd look in the process. “Corp....” She stated, leaving the implied question unspoken.
The van continued toward the outer wall of the Capitol City Dome, approaching a double door in the wall about the size of a hanger door. It was clearly designed for vehicle access. The doors slowly slid apart, opening up directly to the hanger currently holding the Steelhaven. The van drove through and entered the hanger, pulling up next to the dock the ship was parked in.

-------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:The OtherSide nodded, a small smile coming across their face as they did, while uncrossing their arms. "Thanks for listening," The OtherSide then said before turning around and walking away, Hawk none the wiser to what it just did. "Perhaps there is one thing you could do for me," The OtherSide stopped in its tracks said to Titan, "Do you know if there are any other Champions on board right now? Hawk and I only met the Lycans and the person who trained with us earlier and I'm interested in meeting the rest."
In response, Titan vaguely gestured around them to the variety of people around them, some of them being dressed in Champion gear. Titan likewise gestured to the Champion Tower they were next to.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny shrugged lightly, choosing to talk with MT more before asking Kolt why. The big guy needed reassurance more, she felt. "There is, M.T.," she said pleasantly, "it's called living. The answers you want will come i time, probably. And you have just as much right as any of us to get such answers. Me especially. I was man made too. Knocked up in a genetics lab by scientists. And I'm definitely alive. Same as you. What I was created as doesn't define me anywhere near as much as what I do does."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana seemed to relax a bit as Jenny and MT talked, as if the normalcy helped distract her from the days previous events. She chuckled lightly as the conversation continued, "I don't think life is really how it begins, but what you do with it. Like, I don't even know where I fall in the beginning category. I just woke up on a slightly destroyed asteroid lab, so I could be, I dunno, an organic computer and not even know it!" She seemed to ramble, before rubbing her helmets chin as she looked at MT, "Maybe you need a hobby. That's what Diligitis prescribed me anyway." She then turned back to Kolt, seemingly remembering something, "We should totally play telekinetic frisbee by the by. Grow our telekinetic powers. Learn to throw invisible knives."
MT didn't respond, but from his body language he didn't seem too reassured. There was clearly something still bothering him.
Legotron123 wrote:Once he had gotten over the kiss, Kolt looked up towards MT’s face. “I mean, you could always ask the big guy himself.” He gestured towards where the giant golden hand had come out of the sky. “He’s actually rather easy to talk to. Just focus on the people you care about and the way they make you feel, then try talking to those feelings.” He said like it was the simplest thing in the world.
That is, until he realized what was being said by at least two of the people talking to him. "Wait... You talk to him? You can just straight up talk to the eldritch entity?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Not sure," Jaken admitted, before grinning slightly. "What did you like to do? Back when you could get bored?"
Hivemind laughed. "You don't want to do what I used to do. Trust me. I would spend my free time reading Computer Science and Advanced Physics textbooks."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"These two'll have Cherryades," Hannabelle said, indicating the two cubs. "and muzzles, handcuffs and straws if you got 'em. Me? I'm in the mood for Tarkalean tea."
"And a Marokovanian scenic for me," Jenevive said, referring to a Canid mocktail.
The waiter jotted down the orders. "Very well. I'll be back soon with your drinks." He smiled politely once he took everyone's orders. "Do you all know what you'll be having, or do you need some time?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good choice," Keeva remarked. "Let's see now. What about a few..." She moved amongst the plants she had a basic knowledge of, them being from Earth - or whatever it was called here. "What about a couple of Ficus and one of... That's a good name. A cast iron plant? Both easy to look after and hard wearing?"
"The 'Cast Iron Plant' sounds very appropriate. Almost on-the-nose, in fact. I might go with that..." the Predator said, looking around for where the merchants might be selling plants. "What kinds of plants do you like, Keeva?" he asked.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:In response, Titan vaguely gestured around them to the variety of people around them, some of them being dressed in Champion gear. Titan likewise gestured to the Champion Tower they were next to.
The OtherSide, in response, looked around and chuckled. "Well, I guess I need to open my eyes a bit more," it joked before bidding Titan farewell and walking away. As The OtherSide passed by the folks, Hawk commented to it, "Didn't realize there were this many members," leading to The OtherSide to reply, "They must need all the help they can get. Speaking of help, you doing better?" Hawk was silent before answering, "A bit. I'm still iffy about Titan but they seem to be a decent fellow and, like you said, you didn't see any sigils on them." The OtherSide smiled and asked if he felt comfortable with regaining control and Hawk replied that he was so, in a matter of seconds and in front of anyone who was watching, The OtherSide's skin began retracting and Hawk's skin took over, giving Hawk his own body back. Afterwards, Hawk did a quick stretch and continued to walk about the area, looking at the Champions already there and being impressed with what he saw.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Seems so," Jenny said lightly. "I'm not sure it's quite as easy as Kolt says but it does seem this Godlike is chattier than most and... Frisbee? Really?"
---------------
"Sorry, Captain," Corp said with embarrassment in his tone. "May I... speak to you, uh, privately at... some point?" He felt the pressure ease and noted that it wasn't all coming from Seena and Vanderbilt. He looked back at the Rough Collies for a moment, then they arrived. "Not used to seeing her in a cargo hold," he admitted.
--------------
Sarah, keeping silent as she sat next to Cailean, had been keeping watch all the way along. Now she was still on alert, even as she stepped out of the vehicle before the boys, ready to intercept any trouble. She wished she still had her weapons. Even her staff would do.
--------------
"Erm," Corvis said, having picked up the menu and then put it down a few seconds later. "I'll take the Gammon with Sausage, eggs, Bacon and potato things. No Fruit, uh, please."
Golten looked at his brother after studying his own menu for a moment. "Uh... The Steak sandwich." Corvis kicked him under the table. "Please," he added, glowering at the younger Cub.
"I shall try the Marganian platter," Hannabelle ordered, "I'm told it's spicy."
"I'm one for the... Kippers," Jenevive said eventually.
-------------
"I used to read texts too," Jaken replied. "When I could. I learned the surgical tools that Dad used for his work so that I could assist him some day..." He sighed. "Need to do that again. Shame to waste it. Be something for school," he admitted wryly. "Can't tell you the continents of Rigellius but I can tell you what a Cannulas is for! Uh, sorry," he added, realising that his voice had risen and attracted attention from the other tables.
------------
"Heh," Keeva chuckled, holding up her real hand, "I always had a 'black thumb' for gardening.
I DID once have a white one too but...
" She shrugged and flexed her artificial arm, "...Lost that in an accident.
Mind you,
" she admitted, "I've always been a fan of Kalanchoe or The Arculian Zangula." She paused. "Do you even have them in this universe, I wonder?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Extra tails first. Then there was the big magic show, lots of lightning, then the hand tore through the sky. It pointed at Kolt and a beam of light shot forth from the tip of one of its claws, piercing the back of his head. I am pretty sure that's when it pulled out whatever was controlling Kolt," Ulrich said, continuing to explain past what Hivemind had asked for. "I have to imagine it was Diligitis. I mean, who else has that kind of showmanship? Gold tails, gold hand, golden heavenly beam of light. The voice of god. If I was so worried at the time, it probably would have been cool."
------
Colorado had slid into the seat next to Cherry. He had just finished buckling his seatbelt when an odd sent drifted by his nose. A couple of subtle inhales and minute movements to figure out which direction it was coming from had him towards Corp. He raised an eyebrow, but didn't have much time to think on it before they arrived. Once they'd come to a he stepped out and offered Cherry his hand to help her out of the van.
------
"A school program. I mean, it couldn't be that much different from the Earth I came from, right," Denver said, not so subtly wrapping an arm around Sana's shoulders.
------
"Or yeah, you could do that. Nothing quite like facing the unknown and asking if it wants to chat over coffee and biscuits," Chris said with a shrug. "Can't hurt."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sana chuckled as she sort of cuddled into his side. "You might be surprised," she warned. "I was there for a very short time recently. Di-iidn't see many of us furclad there. Except for this lot visiting," she added.
--------------------
"Thank you, my handsome," Cherry said, accepting the offer. "Still looks a beauty, our old ship, eh?"
"Not so old," Corp muttered, trying to be grumpy.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Oh yeah, it’s super easy. Just did it myself yesterday. Twice.” Kol said with a big smile, entirely too chipper about conversing with a god. “He’s honest rather calm, not the sorta guy to get upset a lot. I think this morning was the first time I ever saw him get more than mildly annoyed. Bit of a drama boat too, but I’d probably be one too if I had his powers.”
Heh, like he is not a massive one already. Quint snarked inside Jenny’s head.
Unable to hear his friend’s comment, Kolt continued uninterrupted. “Also, he’s a really good listener. If you need someone to talk to and not think any else will understand, definitely try him. And, you know, you should probably try him now if you’re struggling with the existence of all-powerful beings, but you know what I’m talking about.”

”......Sure.” Liz said, giving Corp another odd look before stepping out into the hold. It was clear that she wasn’t upset by what had happened, but she was rather confused. Staring at her ship for a moment, she let out a small chuckle at their companions comment. “I don’t think there was a cargo hold big enough to hold her until we got here. Wonder if they managed to build one back home while we were gone?”

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana turned to Jenny and nodded at her question of frisbee. "Yeah, after Hivemind kinda implied that the past ten years put me under Cupiditas' jurisdiction, what me bein' a merc an all, Diligitis gave me a pep talk to ease my fears and played telekinetic frisbee to encourage me to seek out a hobby." Her eye lights flashed on to create a happy face with her Cheshire grin, "He said two lesser Aspects are fond of me."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:The OtherSide, in response, looked around and chuckled. "Well, I guess I need to open my eyes a bit more," it joked before bidding Titan farewell and walking away. As The OtherSide passed by the folks, Hawk commented to it, "Didn't realize there were this many members," leading to The OtherSide to reply, "They must need all the help they can get. Speaking of help, you doing better?" Hawk was silent before answering, "A bit. I'm still iffy about Titan but they seem to be a decent fellow and, like you said, you didn't see any sigils on them." The OtherSide smiled and asked if he felt comfortable with regaining control and Hawk replied that he was so, in a matter of seconds and in front of anyone who was watching, The OtherSide's skin began retracting and Hawk's skin took over, giving Hawk his own body back. Afterwards, Hawk did a quick stretch and continued to walk about the area, looking at the Champions already there and being impressed with what he saw.
Hawk would be able to see a variety of people in the courtyard alone who wore some kind of Champion uniform. One in particular was watching their interaction with Titan. He was a reptilian with red scales and arms that doubled as wings. A Wyvern, to be specific.

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Seems so," Jenny said lightly. "I'm not sure it's quite as easy as Kolt says but it does seem this Godlike is chattier than most and... Frisbee? Really?"
Deske wrote:"Or yeah, you could do that. Nothing quite like facing the unknown and asking if it wants to chat over coffee and biscuits," Chris said with a shrug. "Can't hurt."
Legotron123 wrote:“Oh yeah, it’s super easy. Just did it myself yesterday. Twice.” Kol said with a big smile, entirely too chipper about conversing with a god. “He’s honest rather calm, not the sorta guy to get upset a lot. I think this morning was the first time I ever saw him get more than mildly annoyed. Bit of a drama boat too, but I’d probably be one too if I had his powers.”
Heh, like he is not a massive one already. Quint snarked inside Jenny’s head.
Unable to hear his friend’s comment, Kolt continued uninterrupted. “Also, he’s a really good listener. If you need someone to talk to and not think any else will understand, definitely try him. And, you know, you should probably try him now if you’re struggling with the existence of all-powerful beings, but you know what I’m talking about.”
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana turned to Jenny and nodded at her question of frisbee. "Yeah, after Hivemind kinda implied that the past ten years put me under Cupiditas' jurisdiction, what me bein' a merc an all, Diligitis gave me a pep talk to ease my fears and played telekinetic frisbee to encourage me to seek out a hobby." Her eye lights flashed on to create a happy face with her Cheshire grin, "He said two lesser Aspects are fond of me."
MT didn't say anything for a minute. He was still processing this information, and it was confusing him. "I... suppose it can't hurt to try later." MT said.
Deske wrote:"Extra tails first. Then there was the big magic show, lots of lightning, then the hand tore through the sky. It pointed at Kolt and a beam of light shot forth from the tip of one of its claws, piercing the back of his head. I am pretty sure that's when it pulled out whatever was controlling Kolt," Ulrich said, continuing to explain past what Hivemind had asked for. "I have to imagine it was Diligitis. I mean, who else has that kind of showmanship? Gold tails, gold hand, golden heavenly beam of light. The voice of god. If I was so worried at the time, it probably would have been cool."
As Hivemind listened to Ulrich speak, another Ibis dropship lowered itself into the parking lot. "Yeah, all of the aspects can get a bit dramatic when they enter our world. Thank you, Ulrich."

Hivemind turned to address the team. "Everyone, Attention! I'm pulling this team back to the Beacon for Rest and Recuperation. You've done fantastically these past few days, but now it's time to leave. The Ibis dropship will take you back to the ship." Hivemind announced.

Gadgeteer and Recon both nodded and got into the ship.

"Ready to leave, Chris?" MT asked, taking a few steps towards the Ibis.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sorry, Captain," Corp said with embarrassment in his tone. "May I... speak to you, uh, privately at... some point?" He felt the pressure ease and noted that it wasn't all coming from Seena and Vanderbilt. He looked back at the Rough Collies for a moment, then they arrived. "Not used to seeing her in a cargo hold," he admitted.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah, keeping silent as she sat next to Cailean, had been keeping watch all the way along. Now she was still on alert, even as she stepped out of the vehicle before the boys, ready to intercept any trouble. She wished she still had her weapons. Even her staff would do.
Deske wrote:Colorado had slid into the seat next to Cherry. He had just finished buckling his seatbelt when an odd sent drifted by his nose. A couple of subtle inhales and minute movements to figure out which direction it was coming from had him towards Corp. He raised an eyebrow, but didn't have much time to think on it before they arrived. Once they'd come to a he stepped out and offered Cherry his hand to help her out of the van.
Legotron123 wrote:”......Sure.” Liz said, giving Corp another odd look before stepping out into the hold. It was clear that she wasn’t upset by what had happened, but she was rather confused. Staring at her ship for a moment, she let out a small chuckle at their companions comment. “I don’t think there was a cargo hold big enough to hold her until we got here. Wonder if they managed to build one back home while we were gone?”
Hivemind climbed out of the van and ushered the group towards the Steelhaven. Hovering droids were around the ship, performing various upgrades to it's shielding system and propulsion. "The drones are leaving the comm system alone. Once I heard about Seena's powers, I didn't want to remove a potential method of communicating with your home by upgrading it." Hivemind explained. He urged the group forward and onto the ship itself, heading towards the bridge.

It didn't take long before they got there. "Alright. The ship's comm system is a lot more powerful than the communicators you guys have been using. Seena, do you think you can establish the connection while I set up the monitoring software?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Erm,[/olor]" Corvis said, having picked up the menu and then put it down a few seconds later. "I'll take the Gammon with Sausage, eggs, Bacon and potato things. No Fruit, uh, please."
Golten looked at his brother after studying his own menu for a moment. "Uh... The Steak sandwich." Corvis kicked him under the table. "Please," he added, glowering at the younger Cub.
"I shall try the Marganian platter," Hannabelle ordered, "I'm told it's spicy."
"I'm one for the... Kippers," Jenevive said eventually.

"I'll take the King's Sampler and a large Peanutbutter Chocolate milkshake, please." Eira asked, pointing to her menu with an icy finger.

"Same, but make my shake Cookies and Cream." the Lycan said.

The waiter nodded and took the menus away. "Alright! I'll be back shortly with your orders!" he said before walking off.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I used to read texts too," Jaken replied. "When I could. I learned the surgical tools that Dad used for his work so that I could assist him some day..." He sighed. "Need to do that again. Shame to waste it. Be something for school," he admitted wryly. "Can't tell you the continents of Rigellius but I can tell you what a Cannulas is for! Uh, sorry," he added, realising that his voice had risen and attracted attention from the other tables.

"Smart idea. Maybe you should go into the medical field when you're older. Seems fitting given you like helping people." Hivemind suggested. "What do you want to do when you're older?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Heh," Keeva chuckled, holding up her real hand, "I always had a 'black thumb' for gardening.
I DID once have a white one too but...
" She shrugged and flexed her artificial arm, "...Lost that in an accident.
Mind you,
" she admitted, "I've always been a fan of Kalanchoe or The Arculian Zangula." She paused. "Do you even have them in this universe, I wonder?"

"The former, yes. The latter, not to my knowledge." the Predator said. "Would you mind helping me with purchasing a Cast Iron Plant? I am afraid my height will make it difficult to speak eye-to-eye with the merchant."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hush, you(!) Jenny chided her guest whilst trying not to smirk openly at what he said. After Hivemind's announcement she turned to Kolt. "I'll need to go get my armour," she told him, "but first... Least my kiss didn't surprise you this time, eh?"
-------------
Messalca approached the news crew and Zach. "Looks like yer ride's here," she said, before giving the Legion aspect a hug. "You had fun?"
------------
"Not really sure," Jaken admitted. "Had figured on following dad but... maybe now I know a different way to help people?" The youngster grimaced. "You're not gonna make me say it out loud are you?"
------------
"So how does my brother's thing work?" Corvis asked the Lycan again, leaving out the brotherly insult this time.
------------
"Only if they kept working together, Captain," Corp said as they walked through most of his happier memories. The locations of busts and disturbances and arrests and parties and quiet moments were stitched into his memory just as much as they were into the ship. He almost wanted to go see his office again. But that had to wait as they got to the bridge.
-----------
"Of course, Mister Hive," Seena said, slipping back into her old chair and testing to see if it still had the squeak. It did. "You didn't really need to put the squeak back, y'know," she chided humorously before turning the comm system back on. "Mork calling Orson," she muttered before putting the headset on and activating the speakers, "come in Orson." She pressed a button and concentrated. "This is Ensign Cherry Seena from STEELHAVEN calling Command and Control. Is anyone receiving?"
-------------
"Of course," Keeva assented. "Although I'll probably need to pay with something, hmm, Hive?" She made her way to where she'd seen one of the plants and spoke to the seller. "How much for the Cast Iron plant, please," she asked, thinking that, if he said it wasn't for sale, she might say but it's for my friend over there and point to the drone.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Hawk would be able to see a variety of people in the courtyard alone who wore some kind of Champion uniform. One in particular was watching their interaction with Titan. He was a reptilian with red scales and arms that doubled as wings. A Wyvern, to be specific.
Spotting the Wyvern, thanks to the red scales that gave them away faster then hair on a anime protagonist, Hawk walked over to the Champion in question but stopped before doing anything else. For some strange reason, he felt like he seen this Wyvern in particular before and that he knew them for some reason. Tapping them on the shoulder, Hawk asked, "Sorry for interrupting but I have to ask: You by any chance ever been to Jurgrone City on Xelanus, specifically the High Quadrants?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt blushed again once Jenny brought up the kiss. “I uh, I like it when you kiss me.” He said, sounding very flustered, but at the same time rather happy.
He is starting to open up. Keep pushing. Quint said, sounding almost excited about what he thought Kolt would say.

There was silence for a moment, before a feminine voice came out over the comms. “This is Admiral Alpina Tsukuyomi, we’re reading you loud and clear Steelhaven.” She said, a faint Japanese accent accompanying her words.
Liz let out a faint sigh of relief before speaking up next. “Captain Elizabeth Walker speaking ma’am. I trust that Admiral Lockwood informed you of our situation?”
There was a brief pause before Alpina spoke again. “He said how you were stuck in another universe, and that you were somehow using Miss Seena as a conduit for interdimensional communications? Would you mind explaining that to me?”

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The boys stared wide-eyed at the bewildering array of screens, dials, gauges and controls on the bridge, never having had the honour of being in such a place before. It puts their tiny stolen shuttle to shame even though most of the displays are inactive with the ship shut down. They can only imagine what the Beacon's bridge may be like. Their attention is soon fixated on Seena and the comms though, and they watch in excitement and hope.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
CyberDragon wrote: Hawk would be able to see a variety of people in the courtyard alone who wore some kind of Champion uniform. One in particular was watching their interaction with Titan. He was a reptilian with red scales and arms that doubled as wings. A Wyvern, to be specific.
Spotting the Wyvern, thanks to the red scales that gave them away faster then hair on a anime protagonist, Hawk walked over to the Champion in question but stopped before doing anything else. For some strange reason, he felt like he seen this Wyvern in particular before and that he knew them for some reason. Tapping them on the shoulder, Hawk asked, "Sorry for interrupting but I have to ask: You by any chance ever been to Jurgrone City on Xelanus, specifically the High Quadrants?"
The Wyvern shrugged his wing-arms and took a sip of his drink he was holding. "I'm a Champion. I go to a lot of places. I don't always memorize the names of the planets I visit when I visit a new one every week."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca approached the news crew and Zach. "Looks like yer ride's here," she said, before giving the Legion aspect a hug. "You had fun?"
Zach looked over to Messalca with a big smile on his face. The smile started to falter when she said it was time for him to leave. "Oh... But..." He sighed. "I don't want to go. My home is Celica. Same goes for most of us... Is there... any way we could stay?"

Hivemind rubbed a temple on his metal head. "This is the problem with mind-hives. When you've got a thousand people in one body, only one person can have any rights at a time." he muttered, mostly to himself. "Zach, Legion, stay on Celica for now. I have relays here, so I'll be able to help for a while. In the meantime, I'll try to produce more robotic bodies so you don't all have to share one."

Zach looked up at the droid, ignoring the confused people around him who had no idea what Hivemind was talking about. The teenage Celican's smile returned, and he jumped up to hug Hivemind around the neck. "Thank you!" he said before letting go.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Not really sure," Jaken admitted. "Had figured on following dad but... maybe now I know a different way to help people?" The youngster grimaced. "You're not gonna make me say it out loud are you?"
Hivemind simply nodded. "You want to be a Champion." he said. "I'm guessing that's what you were going to say?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So how does my brother's thing work?" Corvis asked the Lycan again, leaving out the brotherly insult this time.
"Oh, I couldn't say." The Lycan shrugged. "Each power is different. They all work with different rules." he said while the waiter came back to the table with the drinks. He picked up his coffee and started putting cream and sugar in it. "Your brother will have to study the power himself if he wants to figure out how it works. Though Hivemind can help."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Only if they kept working together, Captain," Corp said as they walked through most of his happier memories. The locations of busts and disturbances and arrests and parties and quiet moments were stitched into his memory just as much as they were into the ship. He almost wanted to go see his office again. But that had to wait as they got to the bridge.
-----------
"Of course, Mister Hive," Seena said, slipping back into her old chair and testing to see if it still had the squeak. It did. "You didn't really need to put the squeak back, y'know," she chided humorously before turning the comm system back on. "Mork calling Orson," she muttered before putting the headset on and activating the speakers, "come in Orson." She pressed a button and concentrated. "This is Ensign Cherry Seena from STEELHAVEN calling Command and Control. Is anyone receiving?"
Hlaoroo wrote:The boys stared wide-eyed at the bewildering array of screens, dials, gauges and controls on the bridge, never having had the honour of being in such a place before. It puts their tiny stolen shuttle to shame even though most of the displays are inactive with the ship shut down. They can only imagine what the Beacon's bridge may be like. Their attention is soon fixated on Seena and the comms though, and they watch in excitement and hope.
Legotron123 wrote:There was silence for a moment, before a feminine voice came out over the comms. “This is Admiral Alpina Tsukuyomi, we’re reading you loud and clear Steelhaven.” She said, a faint Japanese accent accompanying her words.
Liz let out a faint sigh of relief before speaking up next. “Captain Elizabeth Walker speaking ma’am. I trust that Admiral Lockwood informed you of our situation?”
There was a brief pause before Alpina spoke again. “He said how you were stuck in another universe, and that you were somehow using Miss Seena as a conduit for interdimensional communications? Would you mind explaining that to me?”
"Admiral Tsukuyomi. This is Hivemind, Sovereign leader of the Hyperion class starship the Beacon of Hope and it's people." Hivemind introduced himself. "Yes, I am aware my name is absurd. Yes, I am aware my ship's name sounds like it comes from a comic book. The crew of the Steelhaven were happy to remind me of that after my ship picked theirs up." Hivemind said, addressing what he figured as an inevitable set of questions and comments regarding the name of his ship.

"Physics is unstable in our universe." Hivemind started, trying to answer the admiral's question. "Occasionally, this instability manifests as 'glitches' in reality where the laws of physics work differently for a place or person. When the Steelhaven crossed into our universe, reality was further destabilized to accommodate the sudden existence of the Steelhaven, and the tear in space it arrived through. This caused glitches to attach to many of the Steelhaven crew. The glitch attaching itself to Miss Seena changes reality to allow her to use communicators to open communications to anyone, regardless of location, signal, or even if they have a communicator themselves."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," Keeva assented. "Although I'll probably need to pay with something, hmm, Hive?" She made her way to where she'd seen one of the plants and spoke to the seller. "How much for the Cast Iron plant, please," she asked, thinking that, if he said it wasn't for sale, she might say but it's for my friend over there and point to the drone.
"Here." Predator said, using his digitizer to materialize a card in his hand. He handed it to Keeva. "Hivemind gave me this ID card. He said it's used as a debit card as well. You can use this to pay."

The merchant simply smiled and answered "A potted cast-iron plant is ten Beacon credits."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:The Wyvern shrugged his wing-arms and took a sip of his drink he was holding. "I'm a Champion. I go to a lot of places. I don't always memorize the names of the planets I visit when I visit a new one every week."
As the Wyvern turned to face him and reply, a sudden smile soon crossed Hawk's face as a memory from his past came rushing back to him, "You don't recognize me? TalaCamber High School in Jurgrone City's High Quadrants? Unless I'm confusing you for someone else, you and I went there together? Not ringing a bell?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I like the way ya think Jenny thought to Quint, putting on a Sam Slade accent in her discourse. "Would you like me to do it again whilst we get my armour," she asked Kolt aloud.
----------------
"Well," Messalca said, watching the happy spirit, "good job I usually live alone. Think I've got a thousand houseguests." She chuckled. "The neighbours'll be convinced I'm up to something, continually having different people leaving my place in the morning, eh?"
----------------
"Oh, right. Um," Corvis muttered, before nipping off and returning with one of the drinks menus he'd been looking at. "there was one thing I'd meant to ask," he said, looking through the menu. "What's a 'Pepsi'? It doesn't say."
"I thought he was supposed to be paying attention to me," Golten grumped.
Hannabelle, meanwhile, nudged Gear. "What's wrong with this picture," she muttered, nodding towards Corvis and his menu.
----------------
"It does seem like something to aspire to," Jaken said wryly. "Might get as good as Miss Rika."
---------------
Keeva nodded happily. "My friend'll take two," she said, handing over the card for scanning or swiping or whatever they needed to do.
---------------
"If you wish me to put it more simply, sir," Seena said, automatically defaulting to the military term for a higher ranking officer, "this universe grants super-powers and I've become an X-Man. X-Rat."
Sarah put her arm across Cailean's shoulders. "Wond'r if'n yer shuttle's still 'ere," she asked. "Might be summat t' do, fixin' it up?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stepped up onto the dropship as soon as the doors opened and dropped into a seat, glad to be off his feet after the fight.
------
Colorado stayed mostly off to the side of Seena once they got to the bridge, it wasn't really his place, not that he hadn't been there before, but he usually didn't head to the bridge unless specifically called. He did maintain strict line of sight with her though, using his artificial eye to monitor her vitals as she spoke, and then as Hivemind took over comms.
------
"I mean, the humans still looks the same. The animals don't, which is odd. I've seen a couple that have similar coloration to myself and it's a little weird seeing them being so... dumb, I guess," Denver said as he watched the show.
------
"Sooner we get out of here, the sooner you can start laying your problems out for God to hear. I'm sure you're eager to start a conversation and, if we're being honest, I'm eager to see what you get out of it."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I could never imagine you being dumb," Sana opined, glancing towards Denver. After formulating a quick plan of 'will he work out what I did' she swiftly kissed his cheek and returned to watching the programme as though nothing had happened. Although she couldn't quite get the grin off her lips.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:"It's fine, Brad." Hivemind said. "And Ken is right over there." He said, pointing to the miniature mech leaning against the wall. "Even if you had been used to fighting when small, you wouldn't have beaten Titan. Nobody has beaten Titan. The point of this exercise was to teach a single very specific lesson. No matter how big of a fish you think you are, there's always a bigger one. There's always a stronger super. That's why we need to operate as a team."
"Understood, Sir, I... should have expected something like that, now, may I be excused to get something to eat? I eat kind of like those people from that one Earth fiction book... oh what were they called... Oh well, not important, anyways, can I go now? Brad asked, then proceeded to whistle, and Ken came over to him, now back in dog form.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "If you wish me to put it more simply, sir," Seena said, automatically defaulting to the military term for a higher ranking officer, "this universe grants super-powers and I've become an X-Man. X-Rat."
Sarah put her arm across Cailean's shoulders. "Wond'r if'n yer shuttle's still 'ere," she asked. "Might be summat t' do, fixin' it up?"
"I mean, she isnae oor shuttle. We kinda, er, borrowed her. An' Ah wuidnae ken where tae begin. Ah'm nae an engineer. Ah wuidnae trust flyin' it after Ah fixed it." Cailean answers in a low voice, not wanting to break Seena's concentration.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It didn’t seem possible, but Kolt’s blushing managed to get deeper. “W-w-w-well, t-th-that w-would be r-r-rather n-n-n-n-n-nice.” He managed to blurt out, seeming almost overwhelmed by simple flirting. Yet despite how overwhelmed he seemed, he still looked like he was enjoying this.
Quint, on the other hand, was definitely enjoying this. I have never seen him get like this from the outside before. I was unaware that his face could turn that shade of red. He said, sounding all too pleased with himself.

“Plus, I can turn into any living creature I touch, my second has super empathy and some sort of psychic knife, and my son create a line between any two objects and use that the push them apart or pull them together.” Liz said, a small hint of annoyance showing through her otherwise neutral tone.
Alpina was silent for a moment, possibly because she was lost in thought, possibly because she had no idea how to take what they just told her, before responding. “Well, that sounds like it’s going to be difficult to adapt to, but potentially useful in the long run. Also, if you don’t mind me asking, why exactly are you calling? You don’t seem to be in any trouble at the moment, and even if you were, I don’t think there’s anything I can do to help you in another dimension.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:As the Wyvern turned to face him and reply, a sudden smile soon crossed Hawk's face as a memory from his past came rushing back to him, "You don't recognize me? TalaCamber High School in Jurgrone City's High Quadrants? Unless I'm confusing you for someone else, you and I went there together? Not ringing a bell?"
The Wyvern shook his head. "I went to high school on my home planet. I went to college on the Beacon. I never went to the school you've mentioned."

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Messalca said, watching the happy spirit, "good job I usually live alone. Think I've got a thousand houseguests." She chuckled. "The neighbours'll be convinced I'm up to something, continually having different people leaving my place in the morning, eh?"
"Ah..." Hivemind started, looking hesitant. "Can I talk to you for a second, Sheriff?" Hivemind said as he pulled her aside.

"If you're going to offer them a place to stay, you should know there's a few... side effects... to having so many specters, phantoms, ghosts, wraiths, spirits, or other non-physical paranormal entities in one area for long. Unnatural temperature drops, electronic malfunctions, the usual haunting phenomenon." the droid warned. "I think you offering is a good thing. But I figured you should be prepared for what it means."

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, right. Um," Corvis muttered, before nipping off and returning with one of the drinks menus he'd been looking at. "there was one thing I'd meant to ask," he said, looking through the menu. "What's a 'Pepsi'? It doesn't say."
"I thought he was supposed to be paying attention to me," Golten grumped.
Hannabelle, meanwhile, nudged Gear. "What's wrong with this picture," she muttered, nodding towards Corvis and his menu.
"A Pepsi is a type of cola. It's a sweet fizzy drink." the waiter explained. "Would you like to try it?"

Gear thought for a moment, looking at Corvis as he read the menu. He inspected for anything odd when he realized the menu was in English. "Does Corvis know how to read English?" he asked.

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It does seem like something to aspire to," Jaken said wryly. "Might get as good as Miss Rika."
Hivemind nodded. "You'll make her proud. I know you will."

Hivemind hesitated for a moment. He was thinking about what he found out yesterday, and figured Jaken should at least know what Hivemind himself did. "Jaken... There's something I need to talk to you about."

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva nodded happily. "My friend'll take two," she said, handing over the card for scanning or swiping or whatever they needed to do.
"Very well!" the merchant said. He stepped back to some of the shelves in the back of his booth. He returned a moment later with two potted Cast Iron plants. "Here you go!" he handed the plants to Keeva and swiped the card, returning it to her afterwards.

--------------------
Deske wrote:Colorado stayed mostly off to the side of Seena once they got to the bridge, it wasn't really his place, not that he hadn't been there before, but he usually didn't head to the bridge unless specifically called. He did maintain strict line of sight with her though, using his artificial eye to monitor her vitals as she spoke, and then as Hivemind took over comms.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If you wish me to put it more simply, sir," Seena said, automatically defaulting to the military term for a higher ranking officer, "this universe grants super-powers and I've become an X-Man. X-Rat."
Legotron123 wrote:“Plus, I can turn into any living creature I touch, my second has super empathy and some sort of psychic knife, and my son create a line between any two objects and use that the push them apart or pull them together.” Liz said, a small hint of annoyance showing through her otherwise neutral tone.
Alpina was silent for a moment, possibly because she was lost in thought, possibly because she had no idea how to take what they just told her, before responding. “Well, that sounds like it’s going to be difficult to adapt to, but potentially useful in the long run. Also, if you don’t mind me asking, why exactly are you calling? You don’t seem to be in any trouble at the moment, and even if you were, I don’t think there’s anything I can do to help you in another dimension.”
"We have people here who want to send messages back to their families, as I'm sure you understand." Hivemind said. "There's too many survivors to do that all in one go, and some messages have video recording which we can't send over an audio-only communication. We're calling to establish a connection and..." Hivemind stopped, realizing he was once again about to be quite technical in his explanation.

Deciding to simplify things, Hivemind summarized. "We needed to make the call so I can research the signal. I need to trace the signal so we can send future messages without the risks or restrictions using Seena's powers entails. To do that, we need to maintain the connection for a few minutes."

--------------------
Deske wrote:"Sooner we get out of here, the sooner you can start laying your problems out for God to hear. I'm sure you're eager to start a conversation and, if we're being honest, I'm eager to see what you get out of it."
"Agreed." MT replied while he latched himself to the Ibis's cargo hatch. "If you don't mind... I would appreciate it if you could accompany me when I attempt to establish contact."

--------------------
furrygamer793 wrote:"Understood, Sir, I... should have expected something like that, now, may I be excused to get something to eat? I eat kind of like those people from that one Earth fiction book... oh what were they called... Oh well, not important, anyways, can I go now? Brad asked, then proceeded to whistle, and Ken came over to him, now back in dog form.
Hivemind nodded. "You may go eat. There are a few restaurants in the food court off of the courtyard. You might run into Hawk as well."
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

The bacon of hope will never die. Cinderella 3 is fine I gue

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind nodded. "You may go eat. There are a few restaurants in the food court off of the courtyard. You might run into Hawk as well."
Brad went off to the midst of the courtyard, choosing to go to a sandwich restaurant and buying a sandwich named the Bacon of Hope (Brad chuckled at that). He bit into his sandwich, and then pulled out an old Earth book. After finishing his sandwich, he thought to make conversation with the other participant of the training, but since he was in another conversation, Brad just moved to some seating out of the food area, and continued his reading.
Rp characters
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:The Wyvern shook his head. "I went to high school on my home planet. I went to college on the Beacon. I never went to the school you've mentioned."
Hawk nodded, "Oh...I must've confused you for someone else then. Sorry for wasting your time," then turned around and left, his Other Side remarking, "You know you never went to that school, right?" Hawk chuckled and thought back, "Yep. Was more or less seeing if that Wyvern was who I thought it was...thankfully it wasn't or it would've turned into a pay-per-view brawl" leading to both him and the Other Side chuckling a bit.
furrygamer793 wrote:Brad went off to the midst of the courtyard, choosing to go to a sandwich restaurant and buying a sandwich named the Bacon of Hope (Brad chuckled at that). He bit into his sandwich, and then pulled out an old Earth book. After finishing his sandwich, he thought to make conversation with the other participant of the training, but since he was in another conversation, Brad just moved to some seating out of the food area, and continued his reading.
"Hey, did you train with that guy over there?" The Other Side asked him, spotting Brad at a nearby restaurant. Looking over, Hawk wasn't sure who his Other Side was talking about until he spotted the one in question. "Huh, so it is," he remarked as he made his way over to them. Tapping him on the shoulder, he asked him "You were in the training room with us, weren't you?"
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote:"Hey, did you train with that guy over there?" The Other Side asked him, spotting Brad at a nearby restaurant. Looking over, Hawk wasn't sure who his Other Side was talking about until he spotted the one in question. "Huh, so it is," he remarked as he made his way over to them. Tapping him on the shoulder, he asked him "You were in the training room with us, weren't you?"
"Yeah, I was, and I was just gonna talk to you, what an interesting coincidence. I'm Brad Skye, known almos all throughout my home planet, but mostly nowhere else. You've probably never been there, anyways, what's your name?" Brad asked Hawk, standing up from the bench where he had been reading.
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Eeevil, Quint, Jenny told her 'passenger', before 'escorting' Kort over to her room where her armour lay on the floor. "If Hive asks, the battle threw it off the hanger," she bluffed. She faced Kort for a moment. One of the reliefs, she told Quint, is seeing those eyes again whilst he's wearing them, y'know?
-------------------
"I get that," Messalca remarked, "but they shouldn't face the day alone. And, if they cause all that, where better than here, where we don't have too many things dependant on electronics? Block outages here and they fall back on old methods and pre-computer practices. Do that in a city these days?" She grimaced.
-------------------
Seena looked up at Colorado. "You want I should update them on my, er, medical file, love," she asked, knowing that, if she did, she'd be asked the father's name.
-------------------
"Y'flew it well 'nough t' get yere," Sarah reminded Cailean. "Ye'd prob'bly be reet bonny if'n y' learnt," she added, using the slightly Scottish phrase for his benefit.
-------------------
"It's not exactly taught at junior schools," Hannabelle confirmed as Corvis agreed to try the drink. "Just Celican and standard. Do I wanna know..?"
-------------------
"Uh, yes, sir," Jaken said, thinking he must have done something wrong.
-------------------
"Fang'kew," Keeva said, with the card in her mouth as she carried the two plants back over to where Predator was waiting. She put them down so she could take the card from her mouth. "Your first purchases," she said, grinning up at him. "You're now confirmed as a civilised being!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

furrygamer793 wrote:"Yeah, I was, and I was just gonna talk to you, what an interesting coincidence. I'm Brad Skye, known almos all throughout my home planet, but mostly nowhere else. You've probably never been there, anyways, what's your name?" Brad asked Hawk, standing up from the bench where he had been reading.
"We're Hawk Redsky: The immortal intergalactic bounty hunter-turned-Champion," Hawk replies, "And I might've been to your planet at one point. Been to so many on travels I tend to forget which ones we've been to...oh, forgot someone..." his face soon shifted to his Other Side, who said to Brad, "I'm Hawk's Other Side, pleasure to make your acquaintance," before shifting back to Hawk.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote:"We're Hawk Redsky: The immortal intergalactic bounty hunter-turned-Champion," Hawk replies, "And I might've been to your planet at one point. Been to so many on travels I tend to forget which ones we've been to...oh, forgot someone..." his face soon shifted to his Other Side, who said to Brad, "I'm Hawk's Other Side, pleasure to make your acquaintance," before shifting back to Hawk.
"Ah, yes, that would make sense, there being two of you, at least you aren't crazy, then, and I'm pretty sure you haven't been there, few alien ships even cross by my solar system, even less enter planet Zevian. Some do, but not too many, as we don't meddle with interplanetary politics, and the most unique thing we have is some random pastry that isn't even as good as those Earth... donuts, at least in my opinion. What stuff does your planet have?"
Rp characters
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

furrygamer793 wrote:"Ah, yes, that would make sense, there being two of you, at least you aren't crazy, then, and I'm pretty sure you haven't been there, few alien ships even cross by my solar system, even less enter planet Zevian. Some do, but not too many, as we don't meddle with interplanetary politics, and the most unique thing we have is some random pastry that isn't even as good as those Earth... donuts, at least in my opinion. What stuff does your planet have?"
"My...planet? Um..." Hawk sighed and scratched his neck a bit, "I gotta be honest with you: I don't remember what planet I come from. My memory has been a bit of a mess ever since I woke up on Nebula Prime, so I figured I also was born there, but I don't really know. I been to Earth and it is a nice planet, but my home planet is a mystery, even to us. Truth be told, I don't really remember much of anything from the past. Sure, I've intentionally forgotten some things as I prefer to let the past die out and not affect my tomorrow, but the stuff I want to remember? I just can't. Only thing I can remember from then is arriving on the NSC Nostradamus and that's it."