2020/02/12 - Sleep Tight

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/02/12 - Sleep Tight

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/02/12 - Sleep Tight]
Title Text: get that mouse orchestra out of here

In this situation, it's boss music.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/02/12 - Sleep Tight

Post by Gbr23 »

Ah yeah, now he dead.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh boy, I think this is even worse than her sleeping in the same bed with him :P
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nice to see Alfred Hitchcock make a cameo.

Funny thatbypanel 2 he seems calmed. Then it's going to be be Sasha with a brush to jump start his heart again.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Brings new meaning to the word "Psycho"

This can go a few ways, one that Sasha is returning the favor from the earlier bath, she's about to do something drastically inappropriate, or she's sleepwalking. So much for my earlier statement of "no harm no foul"

I wonder if showering is something King does regularly like a regular human. Like how do most animals in the HPU feel about bathes? One assumes they don't usually bathe that often or like it like real world pets but we have seen them get wet of their own free will on several occasions.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dr_eirik wrote:Nice to see Alfred Hitchcock make a cameo.

Funny thatbypanel 2 he seems calmed. Then it's going to be be Sasha with a brush to jump start his heart again.
Next update would require a shot of chocolate syrup going down the drain. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I think Sasha just wants to repay him for giving her a bath.
The question is how:
Either by helping him to wash himself or doing something else
Althought I doubt it's the latter and if it is, then King will probably go full blue screen mode :lol:
fenrirblack wrote:I wonder if showering is something King does regularly like a regular human. Like how do most animals in the HPU feel about bathes? One assumes they don't usually bathe that often or like it like real world pets but we have seen them get wet of their own free will on several occasions.
It could be. Some old habits don't go away and I imagine some pets/animals adapt some more human habits. We know one of the wolves has a razor for example. They also go to restaurants and such.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GRAND THEORY TIME!!!!

I see this going with Sasha wanting to "help" King with his shower, he flips out like totally loses it on her, she gets upset and runs off crying, Bailey wakes up to scold him, he chases after her in the middle of the night, they have a touching moment on the sidewalk which is a call back to the night they met, they have a Hallmark moment, and King guides her back to the house.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Her role in a film she’s not seen
is being the danger behind the curtain;
she doesn’t need a bath again,
of that mister King is certain.
She followed him from the room,
leaving Bailey alone in bed;
if she wakes without the pair
what thoughts will run through her sweet head?
King’s hearing fire alarms at night,
going off inside his noggin;
if Sasha has her way, I think
new heat will get the room fogging...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:GRAND THEORY TIME!!!!

I see this going with Sasha wanting to "help" King with his shower, he flips out like totally loses it on her, she gets upset and runs off crying, Bailey wakes up to scold him, he chases after her in the middle of the night, they have a touching moment on the sidewalk which is a call back to the night they met, they have a Hallmark moment, and King guides her back to the house.
I can see that. Althought I think it would still take a little bit longer for King to flip out like that, althought it depends on what Sasha does in the shower. Maybe accidently coloring his fur?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Some people sing in the shower, some people whistle ... King anguishes.

Hey, Rick .... amazing coloration work! Applause, applause, applause!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I like the possibility that Sasha can warp in on the second panel :3

Watch out, King - i sense a tongue bath.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:GRAND THEORY TIME!!!!

I don't recall him having a major flip-out screaming at people since Bino's present, and that was after a long period of traumatic events and being under the thumb of a demi-god.

Since nothing like that has happened to King recently, I see him as more likely to curl up into a defensive ball in the bottom of the bathtub and try to ignore everything that happens. It's the action least likely to get himself or Sasha hurt (if he tried to escape, he could slip over) and shows through body language that he obviously doesn't want to be in the situation - which has the dual effect of telling Sasha not to do anything to him, and if she does do anything to him, tells Bailey should she come into the bathroom that he doesn't want it.

It would also be consistent with the actions of a character like King who tries to avoid conflict for as long as possible.

Not that he'd be thinking through the logic of it like I did. It would be instinctual.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

D-Rock wrote:Title Text: get that mouse orchestra out of here
Wait... are we absolutely sure that's not Fiddler?

Why do I have a feeling this is going to sound initially like it's all mushy, only to be something totally mundane? Just like at the beginning when she mentioned the doghouse.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, I guess this proves my theory that Sasha is a psycho (Uh, pun not intended in regards to the strip).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I'm gonna be honest; no matter how adorable Sash' is, this is starting to get creepy.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Valentine's card note: Sasha was in 2009, King was in 2010, and Bailey was in 2013. Oh, and Kevin was in 2018.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

SeanWolf wrote:Well, I guess this proves my theory that Sasha is a psycho (Uh, pun not intended in regards to the strip).
I wonder how far it goes. Does she want to replace Bailey (which I doubt) or is she just really REALLY clingy?
Two twists would be that either that's not Sasha or Bailey is asking King to get close to him so that King loosens up when it comes to certain dog things like it's okay to show affection to other dogs and cuddle with them.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Well, I guess this proves my theory that Sasha is a psycho (Uh, pun not intended in regards to the strip).
I wonder how far it goes. Does she want to replace Bailey (which I doubt) or is she just really REALLY clingy?
Two twists would be that either that's not Sasha or Bailey is asking King to get close to him so that King loosens up when it comes to certain dog things like it's okay to show affection to other dogs and cuddle with them.
She may just be that clingy as you said. I looked back at other times she appeared in the comic and it always looked like she was going for the nearest male in the vicinity so...who knows? Makes you wonder if she's actually a gold digger and makes one worry about her relationship with Kevin then.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, now Sasha is looking creepy and suspicious... :? Yeah King, you can easily handle that. ;) Anyway, that looks too comfy to be a cold shower, you didn't need one. :P Well, I guess King is going to be safe, Sasha will just peek-a-boo at him, and he's only hearing the violin strings in his head. :D
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

King's about to get a fright
As Sasha comes creeping in,
He know something doesn't feel right
But the violin's creating a din.

King's on the edge of panic,
He hears a fright'ning beat,
As the water splashes down,
He starts to feel the heat.

King's sleep-deprived and freaking out,
He doesn't know what to do,
He wants to run from Sasha,
And to Bailey stay true.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

SeanWolf wrote:She may just be that clingy as you said. I looked back at other times she appeared in the comic and it always looked like she was going for the nearest male in the vicinity so...who knows? Makes you wonder if she's actually a gold digger and makes one worry about her relationship with Kevin then.
I could more imagine Sasha is searching more for people who can be protective, because her owner.
Or she is just really flirty, about her relationship with Kevin: I think it's just that the two of them have a lot in common.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

New title for this arc:

Sasha Unleashed
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote: I could more imagine Sasha is searching more for people who can be protective, because her owner.
Or she is just really flirty, about her relationship with Kevin: I think it's just that the two of them have a lot in common.
Or she could very well be livin' la vida loca and taking the entirety of Babylon Gardens along for the ride. :lol: But in all seriousness, it's interesting you bring up Kevin's relationship with her. Other then the Spa arc and a Halloween gag from some years back, I don't think we ever really got a look into their relationship.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

SeanWolf wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote: I could more imagine Sasha is searching more for people who can be protective, because her owner.
Or she could very well be livin' la vida loca and taking the entirety of Babylon Gardens along for the ride. :lol: But in all seriousness, it's interesting you bring up Kevin's relationship with her. Other then the Spa arc and a Halloween gag from some years back, I don't think we ever really got a look into their relationship.
Well I just brought it up, because Sasha is together with Kevin and you mentioned her maybe being a gold digger or some sort of gold digger. But seeing how Sasha once had a crush on Fido who is responsible and works for the K9 and so is someone who can protect someone. Same with Kevin, even though Kevin is a HUGE ditz but he is still a protector. So it wouldn't suprise me if Sasha would have a thing for King. As neurotic as King is he is still very responsible and have a protective side. Even at his worst (the time when Joel became King and it was new for him being a pet during a time where he was still bitter) he stayed at Sasha's side, later gifted her a dog house where she can find shelter and so showed his protective side.
Or maybe I read a bit too much into it and Sasha had a crush on Fido, because EVERYONE likes Fido and just began to date Kevin because he was at the right time at the right place.

I honestly do like the Sasha and Kevin pairing, because everytime we see them they just have fun with each other like here and we do know that Sasha even helps out Kevin which we see here.

While we're at it I would like to mention something and I want to mention before that I'm a HUGE fan of Rick's work. So please don't take it as an attack torwards him, but I would like to say:
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't saw the story about how Sasha got emancipated. When Kevin mentioned he tries to go for it in the Spa arc, I thought this would be our Valentine story. Us seeing how Kevin works torwards her emancipation instead of them coming just in and basically saying "Hey, there, guess what? Sasha is now emancipated."
Maybe there is coming more and I'm still enjoying the funny story we got here.
I still think there was one story with a lot of potential.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Might be that her emancipation is incomplete, Hund, and more of that thread will be unspooled later.....
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
Well I just brought it up, because Sasha is together with Kevin and you mentioned her maybe being a gold digger or some sort of gold digger. But seeing how Sasha once had a crush on Fido who is responsible and works for the K9 and so is someone who can protect someone. Same with Kevin, even though Kevin is a HUGE ditz but he is still a protector. So it wouldn't suprise me if Sasha would have a thing for King. As neurotic as King is he is still very responsible and have a protective side. Even at his worst (the time when Joel became King and it was new for him being a pet during a time where he was still bitter) he stayed at Sasha's side, later gifted her a dog house where she can find shelter and so showed his protective side.
Or maybe I read a bit too much into it and Sasha had a crush on Fido, because EVERYONE likes Fido and just began to date Kevin because he was at the right time at the right place.

I honestly do like the Sasha and Kevin pairing, because everytime we see them they just have fun with each other like here and we do know that Sasha even helps out Kevin which we see here.

While we're at it I would like to mention something and I want to mention before that I'm a HUGE fan of Rick's work. So please don't take it as an attack torwards him, but I would like to say:
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't saw the story about how Sasha got emancipated. When Kevin mentioned he tries to go for it in the Spa arc, I thought this would be our Valentine story. Us seeing how Kevin works torwards her emancipation instead of them coming just in and basically saying "Hey, there, guess what? Sasha is now emancipated."
Maybe there is coming more and I'm still enjoying the funny story we got here.
I still think there was one story with a lot of potential.
That would be interesting, though if we don't get something like that anytime, there's always fanfics :)
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

NHWestoN wrote:Might be that her emancipation is incomplete, Hund, and more of that thread will be unspooled later.....
Or rather, the emancipation itself might just be boring paperwork. How Sasha's former owner responds to this situation, now that is a conflict you can build a plot around. He may have only seen her as a tool to help him pick up women, but he'd have seen her as his tool, and probably resents her being taken away from him. He may go looking for her.

... in which case, putting her somewhere she'll be well protected, with people who will look after her, that wouldn't be an obvious place to look (IE, not Kevin's house)? Makes sense.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Might be that her emancipation is incomplete, Hund, and more of that thread will be unspooled later.....
Or rather, the emancipation itself might just be boring paperwork. How Sasha's former owner responds to this situation, now that is a conflict you can build a plot around. He may have only seen her as a tool to help him pick up women, but he'd have seen her as his tool, and probably resents her being taken away from him. He may go looking for her.

... in which case, putting her somewhere she'll be well protected, with people who will look after her, that wouldn't be an obvious place to look (IE, not Kevin's house)? Makes sense.
I think the emancipation is complete, but either Hartford didn't take it seriously or didn't bother to respond. Or something along those lines. One suspicion that I have is that the "Be Mine" of the title has to do with Hartford trying to reclaim her in the end. We shall see... later since Friday is probably the Valentines cards.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:

I think the emancipation is complete, but either Hartford didn't take it seriously or didn't bother to respond. Or something along those lines. One suspicion that I have is that the "Be Mine" of the title has to do with Hartford trying to reclaim her in the end. We shall see... later since Friday is probably the Valentines cards.
That's actually a good point about the title. I wonder, and this may be a bit dark, if Sasha will end up going BACK to him if Hartford does try to get her back as her mind is that gone or something. Be one punch to the gut, that's for sure.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

SeanWolf wrote:That's actually a good point about the title. I wonder, and this may be a bit dark, if Sasha will end up going BACK to him if Hartford does try to get her back as her mind is that gone or something. Be one punch to the gut, that's for sure.
The question is also:
How much does Sasha WANT to be emancipated or does understand WHY people want her to get away from her owner. Even when she really didn't seem to take it seriously. At most she seemed to be annoyed with the behavior of her dad and doesn't even think highly of her emancipation. Even calling it boring. Is that just Sasha being Sasha and she takes it with stride or doesn't she really not think very highly of it.

If her owner does come back for her, the darkest scenario I could imagine is that Sasha decides for some reason living on her own isn't for her so she goes back.
If King snaps at her (what I don't really imagine) than it could lead to Sasha thinking it's nothing for her so she goes with her owner, leaving us with a downer ending. (making even King feel guilty, because he snapped at her).
Or maybe something like her owner tries to drag her back, Kevin comes attacks him and Kevin has to go to something like a dog prison for sometime. Although I doubt that could happen, since Kevin seems to be pretty professional (not as much as Ralph, Fido, or Mungo though).

I guess what will happen is IF Sasha's owner comes and tries to take her back, something will happen and Sasha will just tell him off for good.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:That's actually a good point about the title. I wonder, and this may be a bit dark, if Sasha will end up going BACK to him if Hartford does try to get her back as her mind is that gone or something. Be one punch to the gut, that's for sure.
The question is also:
How much does Sasha WANT to be emancipated or does understand WHY people want her to get away from her owner. Even when she really didn't seem to take it seriously. At most she seemed to be annoyed with the behavior of her dad and doesn't even think highly of her emancipation. Even calling it boring. Is that just Sasha being Sasha and she takes it with stride or doesn't she really not think very highly of it.

If her owner does come back for her, the darkest scenario I could imagine is that Sasha decides for some reason living on her own isn't for her so she goes back.
If King snaps at her (what I don't really imagine) than it could lead to Sasha thinking it's nothing for her so she goes with her owner, leaving us with a downer ending. (making even King feel guilty, because he snapped at her).
Or maybe something like her owner tries to drag her back, Kevin comes attacks him and Kevin has to go to something like a dog prison for sometime. Although I doubt that could happen, since Kevin seems to be pretty professional (not as much as Ralph, Fido, or Mungo though).

I guess what will happen is IF Sasha's owner comes and tries to take her back, something will happen and Sasha will just tell him off for good.
Honestly, there is just so much mystery surrounding Sasha...one could make a field study of her.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

SeanWolf wrote:Honestly, there is just so much mystery surrounding Sasha...one could make a field study of her.
You could say that about most characters :lol:
ThisthingfromNowhere

Post by ThisthingfromNowhere »

King, RUN!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

How did King get this head start? Did he not immediately wake her by escaping, because otherwise she would confront him there. King was very much Sasha's teddy bear in the previous strip.
fenrirblack wrote:I wonder if showering is something King does regularly like a regular human. Like how do most animals in the HPU feel about bathes? One assumes they don't usually bathe that often or like it like real world pets but we have seen them get wet of their own free will on several occasions.
With Grape we saw she will only take baths when tricked. Grape doesn't have to be representative, but I don't think we've seen other example to compare. As I recall the only baths we've seen are her's and Sasha. Hot tubs and water parks don't count since Grape was fine with those so there's a difference.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Two twists would be that either that's not Sasha or Bailey is asking King to get close to him so that King loosens up when it comes to certain dog things like it's okay to show affection to other dogs and cuddle with them.
Sasha has a very unique silhouette. I don't see that being anyone else after panel 3.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:
The question is also:
The thing about Sasha is she's very hard to read. She could be anything on the inside while maintaining a cheery poker face. I personally think she didn't want to be emancipated or want people to get her away from her terrible owner because of how happy she was at doing chores (and, well, this), but I'm keeping an open mind for future strips.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I just added the last frame to TV Tropes as the page image for Psycho Strings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know this scene is actually making me want to go and look up the original scene simply because I saw similar scenes like this and the "Psycho" scene before but never saw where it all came from.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You know this scene is actually making me want to go and look up the original scene simply because I saw similar scenes like this and the "Psycho" scene before but never saw where it all came from.
It came from the film 'Psycho'. There was a shower scene in it. :D
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I meant it that Psycho was the original scene but the way I had worded my previous post is confusing. I have been told that sometimes my posts don't make sense and I now see why. >_<
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I meant it that Psycho was the original scene but the way I had worded my previous post is confusing. I have been told that sometimes my posts don't make sense and I now see why. >_<
Don't worry. I rarely pass up the chance of a cheap gag.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie