2020/02/07 - Line Defense

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2020/02/07 - Line Defense

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I’m sure that most of the male dogs in the comic would just give ANYTHING to be in King’s position right now having two beautiful room cuddle him but King looks like he is about to blue screen at any moment. xD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Poor guy - just lives life clenched.
Pumkin6

Post by Pumkin6 »

I don’t think any other work of fiction uses the word “cuddle” more than Housepets.
Or uses it better, for that matter.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Pumkin6 wrote:I don’t think any other work of fiction uses the word “cuddle” more than Housepets.
Couldn't have said it better myself, dude.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Pumkin6 wrote:I don’t think any other work of fiction uses the word “cuddle” more than Housepets.
In Wales, that's because we use Cwtch (pronounced kutch) for an affectionate embrace. Cwtch is catching on around some parts of England too.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
tych

Post by tych »

I do believe King's Brain went into BSOD Mode in that last panel
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He does look a tad discombubberated,
tomindex

Post by tomindex »

totally subverted my expectations in a good way. why is king asking how far he can go? like, really? you have kids together... what's that even supposed to mean? but then on the other hand, it's like if he's asking that then obviously he isn't happy, and bailey knows that so bailey isn't even arguing and just entertaining the situation but she looks happy seeing the guilt on his face when he's doing it. baileys probably the most cold in the whole comic because of this panel. bailey didn't even get mad it was just like: "you think sashas better then me? go for it." because the psychology of it is: if king can this easily go with sasha think of how fast bailey would dump him.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Perhaps the discussion isn't over...… (to be continued?) Or we're getting a Valentine's Day set up.

What four characters would YOU like to see next week in Rick's Valentine Cards?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

tomindex wrote:totally subverted my expectations in a good way. why is king asking how far he can go? like, really? you have kids together... what's that even supposed to mean? but then on the other hand, it's like if he's asking that then obviously he isn't happy, and bailey knows that so bailey isn't even arguing and just entertaining the situation but she looks happy seeing the guilt on his face when he's doing it. baileys probably the most cold in the whole comic because of this panel. bailey didn't even get mad it was just like: "you think sashas better then me? go for it." because the psychology of it is: if king can this easily go with sasha think of how fast bailey would dump him.
King did mention his attraction is stronger now. One possibility is the human part of him doesn't want to get with Sasha but is afaid of loosing control to his dog side. If he gets boundaries laid out it will be easier for him to say no to stuff he doesn't want to do (but really wants to do) like giving Sasha a bath. Instead of trying to come up with a lame excuse he can invoke Bailey.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But that is not gonna work now unfortunately for King since Bailey doesn't really have any sort of problem with it.

It makes me wonder though if it was Bailey who was having an attraction to someone would King be this bothered by it? Probably.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Just because something didn't work out in the end doesn't mean it wasn't worth a try. Given what we know about King I think it's a safe bet that King would indeed be bothered if the roles were reversed, however I would be very surprised if Bailey did have a secret attraction like King to Sasha.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bailey seems too grounded and down-to-earth to have any sort of attraction like that but then again I could be wrong and most likely I probably am.