2020/02/05 - Filthy Lies

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/02/05 - Filthy Lies

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/02/05 - Filthy Lies]
Title Text: what kind of backwards thinking is this that a relationship should be built on flighty things like MUTUAL TRUST

King, you got a significant other who seems to actually get you. You lucky dog. ;)
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/02/05 - Filthy Lies

Post by Gbr23 »

Wait wait just a sec, Bailey, tell us about your attractions heheh
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

OMG, it's so sweet. My computer is oozing sugar right now.

I love King in that last panel. Props for that.

Oh, man there is a scene from something that is so similar to this and the character says "How dare you" in a similar fashion and I can't remember it. My encyclopedic knowledge has failed me. Nick from Zootopia when Judy says he should become a cop.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I love it, that is super adorable. They have such a good relationship.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

I y'all are all in agreement that you like this page. Good, because I do too. I'm kinda surprised that it took this long to see Bailey crack jokes about King's formerly-human status like this.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She trusts him enough to play
and shows that coolness wins;
she knows Sasha’s moving in
and a new stage now begins.
She can make her mate smile
and forget about his troubles;
well, except for his three pups
and their little nose bubbles…
She trusts him to be him,
so maybe he will soon
but at least, for the moment,
she’s got him grinning like a loon.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
StarlightPath

Post by StarlightPath »

Good, very good King and Bailey~ Communication is always the best way to handle these unexpected feelings!

I really love King's expression in the third panel. Good to know King is still enjoying his life as a dog, jabs at former humanity included~
Stars in the sky, floating in darkness. Soon I will fly, faster than light~
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Good ol'Bailey! She's so fair-minded. Love that little head-scrunch she gives King.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

That last panel was legit the most heartwarming thing I've seen in awhile.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Bailey is just awesome in every way.

Beautiful, smart, protective of her close ones, and understanding.

King is one lucky dog.
(yes, dog!)
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

This is so precious
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cue Billy Joel.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

StarlightPath wrote:Good, very good King and Bailey~ Communication is always the best way to handle these unexpected feelings!
Sitcom avoidance maneuver successful.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

"You're only human"

That is absolutely brilliant and hilarious.
B.E.A.R. PMC
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Ryusuta wrote:That last panel was legit the most heartwarming thing I've seen in awhile.
100% Agree.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

That is just super cute in so many ways :mrgreen:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

what Arcadic tradition practices the simple idea of mutual trust?

Dogs =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

So cuuute <3 Mad respect for Bailey, she's so loving and understanding.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Nice to see Bailey's still wearing her ring
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
rourkie

Post by rourkie »

Bailey is just absolutely amazing, and her single fang showing in the second panel absolutely slays me.
--
"Some things are beyond the logic of our eyes and ears..."
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Adorable overload, check. A smile on my face? Also check. Even more love of King and Bailey, CHECK!
--
Some dogs got the real problems,
That's for sure.
King thinks he can see through this,
But there's the red in his fur.

Bailey seems chill with this,
King's kind of taken aback.
He thought it'd be a problem
And she'd give him a whack.

That's not the case at all, though,
She gives him a boogie and a smile
Telling him 'affection's okay
If that's what it stays all the while.'
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Moments like this are what makes the comic.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

That last panel was great!!! A seems like a true relationship communication right there....

My only worry now is who are BAILEY's attractions, how long have they been going on, if bailey has make-out'd with another dog (basically like sasha, where sasha is in a relationship with Kevin, but made out with fox) or more, and hasn't told king about.

Oh great, now I am thinking: "announcer- the results are in!!! (Opens envelope) king...... I am so sorry, you are....

.....NOT(at this point king bursts out crying that he has been cheated on) the father.

Bailey- I think you guys are overreacting" :?

Not saying that's the case, but her statement kind of reminds me of that one show.

I don't think bailey would be one to do this, but IF it were any other dog, then I dunno.

But still, it's been awhile and it looks like we finally got a joke about king's past as a human!! Good one bailey!! :lol:
tomindex

Post by tomindex »

ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Who you calling creep?
tomindex

Post by tomindex »

ZAR22 wrote:
Who you calling creep?
I'm a dirty cynic I think baileys been cheating so that's why she's chill with it.

edit: scrolling up I think there was a misunderstanding: I wasn't calling you a creep, the song is related to the comic and what you were saying, but just seeing the song title I could see how you would take it differently.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can I just say that I think that the look that King is giving Bailey in the last panel when she calls him human is ADORABLE? <3
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

tomindex wrote:
ZAR22 wrote:
Who you calling creep?
I'm a dirty cynic I think baileys been cheating so that's why she's chill with it.

edit: scrolling up I think there was a misunderstanding: I wasn't calling you a creep, the song is related to the comic and what you were saying, but just seeing the song title I could see how you would take it differently.
Oh, my abd then!!! But that's going to suck that bailey has been cheating on him, man, I know the feeling of emotional betrayal (not necessarily romantic, but a tight emotional friendship betrayal) from some one you care about. That's going to be really scummy if bailey DID do it to king, like actually made out with another dog when she was with king...
JackeyAmmy21

Post by JackeyAmmy21 »

Aww! This strip is so adorable, and i absolutely love that last panel
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

After the way that the two of them were being playful with each other in the last panel, I very highly doubt any cheating is gonna happen or has gone on.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

ZAR22 wrote:My only worry now is who are BAILEY's attractions, how long have they been going on, if bailey has make-out'd with another dog (basically like sasha, where sasha is in a relationship with Kevin, but made out with fox) or more, and hasn't told king about.
ZAR22 wrote:But that's going to suck that bailey has been cheating on him, man, I know the feeling of emotional betrayal (not necessarily romantic, but a tight emotional friendship betrayal) from some one you care about. That's going to be really scummy if bailey DID do it to king, like actually made out with another dog when she was with king...
I STRONGLY doubt she'd cheat. That's not who she is. We've seen many times how committed and forgiving she is to King.
Also worth noting is that the dogs have a different culture surrounding love than humans. They have a "no nonsense" approach. As evidenced by today's strip, unlike humans they're honest about their attractions, hence why King's been feeling guilty about his feelings for Sasha. That's just the norm for them.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Phew, good that Bailey understood the situation and didn't got angry, she's really smart. ;) You're now knowing your boundaries, King, it's enough to remember that as a married dog you can't cheat on your wife. :) Yeah, he's only an human, like a famous song which this reminded me says... :P Aww, rub his head is way better than put him upside down. :D
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Argent wrote:Cue Billy Joel.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pM5dm--yQ

Or

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIcTstEmnQ
(Music video isn't exactly G-rated, so this is the lyric video instead.)

Or:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYchgX1fMw

Something I wonder, though: Does Bailey care if King is loyal to her or not? Every time the subject comes up, her attitude is usually something like, "We're dogs; it doesn't matter who you do it with, so long as you enjoy doing it together." It seems like she thinks King's loyalty to her is nice, but not necessary.

Maybe I'm just overthinking, but isn't that the source of tension in King's mind? Doesn't he want her to only want him, and for her to want him to only want her? That's a confusing way to say it. Doesn't King want Bailey to want his loyalty to her? (I think that's better.)

I see a potential issue where Bailey doesn't really put a high value on Kimg's loyalty. She sees it as his benefit but not his responsibility. I think she might not really care about his accountability, where he cares deeply about his accountability.

Does anyone see this, or am I by myself here? If this has been discussed, I'd appreciate a link to the thread/threads.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:
ZAR22 wrote:My only worry now is who are BAILEY's attractions, how long have they been going on, if bailey has make-out'd with another dog (basically like sasha, where sasha is in a relationship with Kevin, but made out with fox) or more, and hasn't told king about.
ZAR22 wrote:But that's going to suck that bailey has been cheating on him, man, I know the feeling of emotional betrayal (not necessarily romantic, but a tight emotional friendship betrayal) from some one you care about. That's going to be really scummy if bailey DID do it to king, like actually made out with another dog when she was with king...
I STRONGLY doubt she'd cheat. That's not who she is. We've seen many times how committed and forgiving she is to King.
Also worth noting is that the dogs have a different culture surrounding love than humans. They have a "no nonsense" approach. As evidenced by today's strip, unlike humans they're honest about their attractions, hence why King's been feeling guilty about his feelings for Sasha. That's just the norm for them.
She did make it seem like she has either had flings with other dogs, or at the most, felt attracted to other dogs while she was in a relationship with king, based in the wording of her statement, and how relaxed she is with all of this.

I am hoping you are right, though, and that she just knows this through other means besides kissing other dogs or getting those certain doggy in heat feelings for another dog who isn't king.

I hope bailey doesn't do it or did do it to another dog besides king, and king gets over this thing he is feeling for sasha.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think its safe to say that Bailey knows what the boundaries are far better than King does. He knows human ones, but is still learning dog ones. Bailey, I suspect, knows this far better than King. She wouldn't do anything to hurt him. What King doesn't yet know is what the boundaries are for him. It likely hasn't come up since he got the tail.

Does she have an attraction to perhaps another dog? Sure. She's not made of stone. There might be a moment of wandering eye for her. I doubt that it has ever gone beyond that, nor would it ever.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

This is one of the things I love about Housepets!. When appropriate it has resolutions that are neither sitcom-y nor anticlimactic. It makes the characters feel more like real people. It's great!
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Champion Wallace wrote:This is one of the things I love about Housepets!. When appropriate it has resolutions that are neither sitcom-y nor anticlimactic. It makes the characters feel more like real people. It's great!
Same. Conflict is important for stories, but contrived conflict is just annoying.

I like that these characters actually communicate. And even when they don't, it's commented on and used for character development (such as Fox in The Real Stories of K9PD - if he'd just talked to his superiors none of it would have happened... but it gets resolved and he learns a lesson. Contrast sitcoms, where Status Quo Is God means no one ever learns anything and they'll keep making the same dumb decisions over and over.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In that instance, it makes you wonder why in the heck sitcoms are so popular. :roll:
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Y'all Bailey is not cheating on King. Like seriously. Y'all. Seriously. :P
TheOne wrote:Something I wonder, though: Does Bailey care if King is loyal to her or not? Every time the subject comes up, her attitude is usually something like, "We're dogs; it doesn't matter who you do it with, so long as you enjoy doing it together." It seems like she thinks King's loyalty to her is nice, but not necessary.

Maybe I'm just overthinking, but isn't that the source of tension in King's mind? Doesn't he want her to only want him, and for her to want him to only want her? That's a confusing way to say it. Doesn't King want Bailey to want his loyalty to her? (I think that's better.)

I see a potential issue where Bailey doesn't really put a high value on Kimg's loyalty. She sees it as his benefit but not his responsibility. I think she might not really care about his accountability, where he cares deeply about his accountability.

Does anyone see this, or am I by myself here? If this has been discussed, I'd appreciate a link to the thread/threads.
Where are you seeing this? :| She literally said "There's nothing wrong with having an attraction," and "You might make mistakes but I trust you." King is being well-intentioned in his interactions with Sasha. Even if something goes too far for Bailey's liking, she'll forgive him because she understands that he's trying his hardest to do the right thing, and she also trusts that he will do his best not to let things go too far in the first place. I think that's wonderful :D
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:In that instance, it makes you wonder why in the heck sitcoms are so popular. :roll:
Consider soap operas. They pretty much define lowest possible quality television, yet they are watched by millions every week.

Reminds me of a discussion about why One Punch Man season 2 was so much lower quality than season 1. Answer: The license holders felt that the drop in quality was worth reducing the time between seasons by a year, because the longer they left it, the fewer people would come back to watch it.

For normal people (as opposed to fans), there is little difference between an acceptable quality programme and a high quality programme. The majority of viewers will be normal people, not fans.

Normal people probably aren't watching sitcoms because of the quality, but because it can reliably and often provide them with an hour of entertainment. Its just something to watch.