Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
trekkie

Re: Future Arcs

Post by trekkie »

After Peanut and Tarot have a disagreement/fight Peanut turns to Grape and Tarot turns to...Maxwell.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:After Peanut and Tarot have a disagreement/fight Peanut turns to Grape and Tarot turns to...Maxwell.
I could sorta see that. Peanut already has a crush on Grape. I could see Tarot turning to Maxwell for advise and it becoming something a little more, even if just a deeper friendship.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really hope that it doesn't involve Maxwell and Tarot getting together if Peanut/Tarot and Maxwell/Grape end up breaking up. I am not a big fan of swapping partners. Besides I do not see Maxwell and Tarot getting together exclusively at all because I feel they wouldn't match personality wise. Only way it would work is if it was a polyamorous relationship between all 4 of them.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I really hope that it doesn't involve Maxwell and Tarot getting together if Peanut/Tarot and Maxwell/Grape end up breaking up. I am not a big fan of swapping partners. Besides I do not see Maxwell and Tarot getting together exclusively at all because I feel they wouldn't match personality wise. Only way it would work is if it was a polyamorous relationship between all 4 of them.
I was thinking the current couples would stay together and Tarot just approaches Max because she just wants to talk to someone, and maybe get his take on the situation. I like the couples as they are now, though i wouldn't be opposed to a polyamorous relationship, because think a four characters work well together.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut/Grape/Maxwell/Tarot are probably the only characters I can think of that I would EVER like to be in a four-way relationship.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Tarot probably thought Maxwell was annoying at first based on SAbrina's experiences. The recent arc, though, shows she is willing to listen to him, but whether it's because she had no choice (and probably doesn't want to embarass herself by taking advice from someone she probably found annoying) and because he's dating Grape might've finally slipped through her usual demeanor and confide into him for once.

I could see the two of them being more mature than Peanut and Grape and giving good advice to each other. While i could also see them dating in their relationship with Peanut and Grape doing the same thing, it wouldn't develop into something as simple as a better understanding of the way the two approach Peanut and Grape and growing more maturely because of it. :)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, Maxwell has grown up a bit too, so he might be a bit of a different cat than he was when he dated Sabrina.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote:Tarot probably thought Maxwell was annoying at first based on SAbrina's experiences. The recent arc, though, shows she is willing to listen to him, but whether it's because she had no choice (and probably doesn't want to embarass herself by taking advice from someone she probably found annoying) and because he's dating Grape might've finally slipped through her usual demeanor and confide into him for once.

I could see the two of them being more mature than Peanut and Grape and giving good advice to each other. While i could also see them dating in their relationship with Peanut and Grape doing the same thing, it wouldn't develop into something as simple as a better understanding of the way the two approach Peanut and Grape and growing more maturely because of it. :)

I like that idea. Tarot doesn't seem to do friendships. Maybe the two could plan a surprise party for Grape and Peanut and it gets comically awry.... Just the planning could provide contrasts in their personalities.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Res comes to BG and hangs out with Peanut and Maxwell. Grape tries to deal with her own insecurity and jealousy about the situation.

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:Res comes to BG and hangs out with Peanut and Maxwell. Grape tries to deal with her own insecurity and jealousy about the situation.
Given the time frame, we should be seeing Res again sometime soon. He seems to pop up when his books are published, and given how important his last visit was to the creation of that book, I can't imagine that we're not going to see him.

Should be fun. I think Res might be one of my favorite secondary characters.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I'd like to see the four of them(Grape, Maxwell, Peanut, and Res) hang out together and maybe do some non-Pridelands stuff. Maybe Tarot could come along.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would say that we would INDEED need to have Tarot come along with them because it wouldn't feel the same otherwise.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

How about combining ideas a bit. Res meets up with the four of them, and somehow the topic of Marion comes up. This inspires a new story idea from Res who wants to fictionalize Marions story for his next book. Marion, for his part, is not on board with this. But Res becomes uncharacteristically enthusiastic in perusing the squirrel for information.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as the whole situation ends with Marion pummeling Res with a coconut I say go for it! :mrgreen:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So an arc I expect just due to Rick always showing signs he likes these characters. Now that Thomas is definitely established to be in the zoo, were probably going to see Thomas show up around occasionally if Rick continues to mostly focus on them when we see the zoo
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As long as the whole situation ends with Marion pummeling Res with a coconut I say go for it! :mrgreen:
… or coconut crème pie. Less risk of a concussion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I would have said that but I didn't fancy getting grief for trying to put in another pie joke. :roll:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Gale decides to teach business at the local college.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How many times do you think she would get so frustrated with some students she threatens to eat them? 8-)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:How many times do you think she would get so frustrated with some students she threatens to eat them? 8-)
Figuratively speaking of course. I'd say multiple times, especially, if the students are anything like the some of my classmates at my alma mater.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In my experience, I find that some students just treat college like an extension of high school and screw around like they did back then. Luckily for me so far, that is the exception.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Very many new students entering college are completely unprepared for the intensity of college. They're expecting the "Thirteenth Grade" or " High School 2.0".

Gale as football coach?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that would be worse because I could see her blowing her top at the team making mistakes and threatening to have an 11-course meal. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Training purposes and educational standards are not achieved if the students fail to survive the lesson." My old First Sargent.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like he was in the same vein as R. Lee Ernie. XD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maxwell, wanting to get a good Christmas gift for Grape, and not having any ideas of his own, asks Peanut and Sabrina for help. Grape tries to snoop around to find out what her gift is and comically fails each time she tries.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have a completely original one that I want to share that isn't just commenting on other arcs!

We see what happened to Trinket (but some people seem to have a PRETTY good idea... ;) )
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sounds vaguely sinister.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It should be since people are saying that Trinket was somehow the bird that transformed Lois into a wild cat.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… or the crow who was after kitten Maxwell.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would think if it was the crow that he would go try to get revenge on Maxwell rather than team up with a badge he doesn't know from Adam.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The scar on Fox's eye is likely staying with us. If that's true, this may actually bring Fox and Maxwell full circle into an arc in the future. He called Fox a coward when they were young and Maxwell was more gung-ho than Fox when he was young and even has a bite mark on his ear. I'm pretty sure the two would love to talk about their marks and personalities someday.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe we will finally get an explanation for how he got the bite mark on his ear. LOL
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maxwell tries out for the K-9s, Fox, serving as an instructor at the academy while his injury heals, takes an interest in Max, either because he sees some of himself in Max, or because seeing his fellow kidnapping victim trying out for the K-9s makes him proud, and when Max becomes a K-9 he (Fox)comes a mentor to the cat.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention maybe Max will get some legitimate muscles on him and in Fox's spare time of not being able to work, he can work out. =P
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

It would be kind of sweet to see Grape swoon over a buff Maxwell.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then Grape can tell Max that he didn't have to do this for her and she loved him the way he was. <3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

And then i ride off to the moon in a rocket, happily saying "Nope" as my reality is broken ten times over.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that you need to go back into the dumpster to recover for a little bit. XD
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Then Grape can tell Max that he didn't have to do this for her and she loved him the way he was. <3
GameCobra wrote:And then i ride off to the moon in a rocket, happily saying "Nope" as my reality is broken ten times over.
Why would that break your reality? Max going to the gym and Grape telling him afterword he didn't need to do that for her to love him already happened.
The cape comes with the promotion.