Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds just like my father who makes a lot for a high school math teacher but is too cheap to buy anything for anybody and always goes for the lowest price when it comes to food hich often is bland. >_<
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Lois turned into a lynx because she cut school. Henry Milton was decendented from the Coachman in Pinocchio and Babylon Gardens works on the same rules as Pleasure Island. If you don't go to school and be good then you're nothing more than a dumb animal and thus turn into one.

...or maybe just Thomas did it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Lois turned into a lynx because she cut school. Henry Milton was decendented from the Coachman in Pinocchio and Babylon Gardens works on the same rules as Pleasure Island. If you don't go to school and be good then you're nothing more than a dumb animal and thus turn into one.

...or maybe just Thomas did it.
Something in his perfidious camel aura, mebbee?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that it was Thomas that did it and it looks like it just happened at random. I'm still sticking to my theory that this has something to do with the demon Keene helped escape from Pandemonium.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Not to claim someone else's thinking, but on one of the discord servers I read a theory that the wolf pack may be related to the cause. After all, Miles is Marion's teacher and Lois was standing right next to Poncho. Maybe they had an encounter with the supernatural that we don't know about?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't think that it was Thomas that did it and it looks like it just happened at random. I'm still sticking to my theory that this has something to do with the demon Keene helped escape from Pandemonium.
It is about time for that little stinker to pop-up.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

It would be a little odd of Rick for him to just drop that guy on us as a villain without any more build up to who he actually is, but maybe he wants to take us off guard.
That is what demons do... :D
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do we even know if he is a villain? Just because he is a demon doesn't automatically make him a villain.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, since he IS a demon and he did abandon Keene and crew to the cave-in, we're sort of assuming he's a baddie. But, hey, maybe he's just misunderstood. Suppose he is willing to be helpful - although, in stories, even when a demon wants to be helpful, their "good deeds" always have a hidden flaw. Collier's Fantasies and Good Nights have a couple of stories to illustrate the problems. that arise when a demon tries to do a kindness.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But did he really abandon them all though? He could have just slipped out while Res was dealing with The Forgotten.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Yes, it did abandon them. It stayed around until The Forgotten was felt with before popping away with an unhelpful "Good Luck" when they needed a way out.
I'd call that abandoning them.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How is he a traitor? He did hold up his end of the bargain. The deal was to find Breel and reunite him with Keene and Keene would take him back to Earth. The demon did find Breel and help Keene get to him. There was nothing else that was a part of any bargain Keene made with it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keene has abandonment anxieties, maybe.... chalk it up to emotional distress!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They can't be that bad because we haven't seen evidence that he put a tracking device in Breel yet. LOL
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Steward is framing Keene and the Milton ferrets in hopes of ruining them.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I actually have a feeling that is going to come to pass.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Poncho is taking Lois home for a date. Natalie criticizes her headscarf. Lois has a hissy fit (she's a cat, remember). Marion is extremely nervous about the whole environment. ...and then Miles walks in, home from work. Seeing what's happened to two of his students, he decides to take the whole business straight to Milton Manor.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would definitely end up moving the plot to this arc along quicker.
Elwood Blutarsky

Mrs. McGillicuddy is the one responsible for turning Marion and later Lois into animals as part of her vicious scheme to first corner the lucrative pies geared toward wild animals market then assure a larger customer base for it by turning high school graduates into non-domesticated woodland species leaving them with no option but to buy from her to get some of that flaky crust goodness. Her evil knows no bounds. They were only her first converts because of her prior connection to Marion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually sounds just convoluted enough for it to actually be a THEORY in the comic. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, wasn't the villian in "Strawberry Shortcake" a pieman? :o
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Lana is behind everything. She is resentful of Keene for foisting the ECP on her and so answered the question in a way that would make Lois suspect Keene, she's cut a deal with Thomas and Steward to give them Keene's share of the fortune once Keene is disgraced. I admit it's a bit crazy, but what else is this thread for, anyway?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Mrs. McGillicuddy is the one responsible...
:o
Not my high-school TA?

:lol:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Guess she decided to immigrate to the United States from Canada and settle in whatever the **** state Babylon Gardens is in. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote:
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Mrs. McGillicuddy is the one responsible...
:o
Not my high-school TA?

:lol:
A lot of teachers have really bizarre hobbies....
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Honestly I give it 50/50 odds that I'm not misremembering her name anyway :P
It has been a while...
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I actually remember the names of some of my ELEMENTARY school teachers after all these years so it wouldn't be that odd if you DID remember it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I actually remember the names of some of my ELEMENTARY school teachers after all these years so it wouldn't be that odd if you DID remember it.

Well, you did spend some pretty intense and formative years with them. When I sat down to it, I was surprised how many came back to recollection.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah but most people I know which honestly aren't a lot CAN'T remember them.
OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

I know it’s kind of random, but I’m not good at joining conversations that are going on at all, and I’m fine if you guys just skip over this but personally I don’t think there’s any way that the whole people becoming animals thing could be infectious, as Marion has had no previous contact with king, as evident by Marion clearly having no signs of having any clue who he is, whereas if he did, he’d likely be confused about why the neighborhood dog was asking him questions. This is also evident by the fact that he likely spent much more time around the one kid in class trying to get in a relationship with Lois because Marion had become a squirrel (can’t remember his name) than Lois, despite Lois turning into an animal. Unless the one guy he was talking to earlier turns into an animal, there’s no way it could be infectious.
Image Image Image
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I agree, OctoDoggo. King's been a dog for several years now and there's no mention of him leaving a trail of tf'ed people. My bet is on deliberate Celestial interference, and whoever's doing it may be trying to make it look contagious.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still think that the demon who left Keene and co to die in that collapsing tunnel is doing it but with no rhyme or reason to it because he thinks it funny and wants entertainment.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I still think that the demon who left Keene and co to die in that collapsing tunnel is doing it but with no rhyme or reason to it because he thinks it funny and wants entertainment.
I'm pretty skeptical of the contagion theory, too. I'm more inclined to think the ferrets are manipulating mana or some other power and their experiments are going wry OR, somehow, the Infernals are involved. Dino-Demon trickery or Eudoant getting revenge. Can't make the connect but somehow, Breel's "mortalization" may have unbalanced something. We'll just see.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never really thought about Breel being brought back to life screwing up something resulting in random people being turned into animals. That actually could explain what is going on easily.
Elwood Blutarsky

Judging by the fact he apparently knows and likes Stephen Stills music it's possible Poncho acquired a taste for 1970s folk rock after the wolf joined civilization. Miles' cubs likely like their stuff a little harder though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean them being more into hard rock or metal? The evidence for that being one of them deciding on the name "Rockstar Hawk"?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CaptainPea wrote:I didn't actually realize how long that post was until just now... wow...

"Wow" indeed …. :)
Elwood Blutarsky

In a shocking turn of events it's Grape and Maxwell who cursed Marion and Lois. Being cats they've never had any loyalty to humans who don't operate a can opener for them so they've made a Face-Heel Turn and partnered with Thomas and Steward in their effort to create a New Babylon Gardens Order (nBGo) and take over the community for the benefit of animals.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that would be a REALLY wild mass guess that you have there plus if there was no secret plan on their part it would totally assassinate their characters/
Elwood Blutarsky

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now that would be a REALLY wild mass guess that you have there plus if there was no secret plan on their part it would totally assassinate their characters/
Well these are meant to be wild and funny. Granted I thought that post I had joking Mrs. McGillicuddy did it was pure farce now I'm seeing her on some people's list of suspects. But now, back to the fun...

Mungo once punched a horse straight to the ground. In his defense she was armed with a pitchfork and committing a first-degree home invasion at the time.