Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

~\Rook/~

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva propped herself up on her elbow and let the covers slide down as she looked at Dan. "It's not being easy going..." She kissed him gently before continuing, "...Mate. It's... I've never had the stability you've had, y'know? Been travelling with Dad since forever, lost an arm... lost Dad. Got kidnapped... Nothing stable in that at all, yeah? With that sort of trouble you learn that you can't live in a world defined by what you can't change, you just gotta live with the things you can and try to make the best of the future. Or summat. We might have a way back in future or we might not. Either way, we need to make lives here until we know." She smiled lightly, "take fun where we can and responsibility where there's no fun. Be the, um, best 'us'es we can be." She dropped back onto the bed so she could use her hand to stroke Dan's neck. "You want hope for the future? I have my hope for the future in you, Love. We'll face it together, eh? And make it work."
Dan leaned into Keeva's hand with a content smile before shuffling himself even closer to her. "..I can work with that." He replied simply. "Us against the world. Together with you, I like our odds.."

------

Rika quietly opened the front door to her apartment, Peeking around the door to see Jaken and June up and eating breakfast. She quickly slipped in, shutting the front door silently, then hurried over to her room door, opened that, put her bag through the doorway and then shut it casually. "Good morning you two!" She said happily, hoping she pulled it off well enough. "Sleep well?" She asked with a smile.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:"Sure!" june answered cheerfully as she tried to get the machine to replicate a brain, only to get something deep fried instead. shrugging she decides to try a bite. "it got yours wrong too?" she asks, noticing him fiddling with the marshmallow fish.
"Marshminnows usually move a lot more..," Jaken said with a slightly disconsolate tone before deciding to try them anyhow. They seemed a bit sweeter than usual. He cocked an ear slightly as Miss Rika crept in but decided not to mention it. He was just happy she was back. He waited until she announced herself. "Heya, Miss Rika," he said, putting the bowl down for a moment so he could embrace her and give her a lick on the cheek.
------------
"We could take Predator up on that later," Keeva said, enjoying Dan's mild scent. "Gives us something to do, love. After getting up."
-----------
"Captain," Sarah said, "Chief. Lieutenant." She nodded to the others after giving Liz a quick salute.
"What's this about, sirs," Corp asked, essentially declining breakfast.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Captain," Sarah said, "Chief. Lieutenant." She nodded to the others after giving Liz a quick salute.
"What's this about, sirs," Corp asked, essentially declining breakfast.
"We found oot why Insignia was after us an' we thought ye ought tae ken." Cailean answers, dishing out the porridge.
"Ye arenae gonnae believe this," he continues, leaning on the bench and pausing for a moment.
"Hive mind will vouch fer us though. We went tae heaven an' talked tae oor family wi' th' help o' a... An angel, Ah guess, called Digilitus. Anywye, th' point is, we found oot tha' there were tae reasons. First, oor parents worked fer th' secret services. There was a telephone signal tower tucked in a corner o' th' estate tha' doubled as a listenin' station tha' was spyin' on Insignia. If they cuid replace us they cuid get access tae it an' Ah dinnae need tae tell ye haow serious an' compromisin' tha' wuid be. Secondly," Cailean pauses to take a deep breath, still not quite believing what he has to say.
"Secondly we were a safe hoos' fer th' Queen. Had she needed tae flee Balmoral she'd hae come tae us. If Insignia had foond oot all this stuff... Tha's bad. Tha's really bad." he finishes, suddenly no longer hungry. He waits quietly for his words to sink in and curious to see the reactions of the captain and chief.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp had felt the fear and tension in the boys as they'd walked in and he'd worried about what they'd say. He felt their relief as they finished and understood they'd been telling the truth as they knew it. He, of course, had already known it but it served as a baseline to his unwanted Empathic abilities in a 'truth detector' way. "It certainly adds to our informtion," he said honestly, being more enigmatic than he knew.
-------------
Sana pulled up what information she could on the mission to Monta Weapontech yesterday, playing at hacking to see what Hive would do as she looked for info on 'John'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk unloaded round after round at the Titan. When both emptied, he placed the one pistol in his mouth as he quickly reloaded the other before doing the same to the previous one before firing again. However, when the two were emptied a second time, he holstered them instead of reloading and looked at the Titan with a confused look. "Didn't even react," he thought to his Other Side as he walked towards the Titan. "You know, when I signed up for the Champions," he then remarked while looking over the Titan, deactivating his light armor in a huff as he spoke, "I was under the impression we'd be going after some major threats. If this is what is deemed a major threat, then color us both confused and disappointed." His Other Side then remarked in his head, "I see your plan changed...I like it."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca grinned. "Is nicking my mountain any better? Oh," she added, "I can put two and two together, of course. Logically, there's only one way you could possibly know how this stuff works is by experiencing it and, as you were at the Hotel and, as Police Chief and Aunt, I know someone has a 'night-light..?" She waved. "Not like I'm telling anyone about her, y'know?"
Hivemind nodded regarding Saffy. "I've confiscated said 'night-light' already. Saffy's lucky it didn't poison her." He said, not mentioning the powers. "As for 'nicking' the mountain, it is better as it would leave no radioactive residue. And, surprisingly, I do have enough stone and dirt lying around in the Beacon cargo holds to build a full mountain in it's place." Hivemind turned to look at the mountain, as though sizing it up. "Though I can't say there's exactly a way to discretely confiscate and replace a radioactive geode mountain..."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That'd be useful," Jenevive admitted, ruffling the Cub's headfur.
"It'd be like being prey," Golten grumped, pushing his mother's hand off.
"Cool," Corvis said, suddenly noticing Eira's arm. "Your arm smells like water," he said helpfully.
The Lycan nodded. "Exactly. Nobody likes to feel like that. Nobody likes to feel like someone could be watching them when they should be alone. It makes them feel like they're being hunted, like someone's just waiting for them to make a mistake. Do you understand, Golten?"

Meanwhile, Eira grinned at Corvis. "That's because it is water. Watch." She held her arm up to the light. Quite suddenly, the arm evaporated into a literal cloud, leaving the stump of her arm. The cloud rose up into the air, then started to condense. Small drops of water fell from the cloud with increasing frequency until the drizzle turned into a full on downpour. Before the drops of water hit anything, however, they stopped in midair. The drops gravitated back to Eira's stump, swirling through the air like they were being pulled by an invisible vortex. The liquid water formed into the shape of her arm once more before freezing into solid ice.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, I won't tell," Hannabelle said, "I like having secrets. Of course," she added, "the only secrets I like others having from me are ones where I'm not expected to end up dead. And I suppose I should learn the layout, eh?"
Gear simply nodded. "Yep. Always a good idea ta walk around an' scout the land yer stayin' in." He said. "I'm ready whenever you are to go. Unless ya'd rather stay an' talk for a bit first. Up to you."

Deske wrote:"Ah, there's bound to be a replicator around here somewhere, right," Denver said, opening cabinets and drawers looking for the machine.
Denver would find the replicator on the kitchen counter, right next to the microwave.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sana pulled up what information she could on the mission to Monta Weapontech yesterday, playing at hacking to see what Hive would do as she looked for info on 'John'.
Sana managed to pull up a few documents regarding the events of the previous day at Monta Weapontech, including some of the findings as well as information on the survivors. However, looking closer and reading into the report would reveal that Sana wasn't the only one playing. References to the discovery of the tooth fairy on the bottom floor and evidence of a conspiracy between Pegasus unicorns and the Easter bunny to overthrow Santa Claus buried in the report's text. If that weren't enough to show the report was fake, it ended with "In conclusion, our findings indicate that I will personally possess your computer and make it play Baby Shark nonstop at max volume for a month if you try to hack the hive net again, Sana. Just ask next time."

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk unloaded round after round at the Titan. When both emptied, he placed the one pistol in his mouth as he quickly reloaded the other before doing the same to the previous one before firing again. However, when the two were emptied a second time, he holstered them instead of reloading and looked at the Titan with a confused look. "Didn't even react," he thought to his Other Side as he walked towards the Titan. "You know, when I signed up for the Champions," he then remarked while looking over the Titan, deactivating his light armor in a huff as he spoke, "I was under the impression we'd be going after some major threats. If this is what is deemed a major threat, then color us both confused and disappointed." His Other Side then remarked in his head, "I see your plan changed...I like it."
Titan continued to sit in the middle of the arena, completely unphased by the hail of bullets. However, Titan did appear to react to the insults when Hawk got close. Titan turned their head casually to look at Hawk. Then they simply gave a light shrug and returned to their previous meditative position.

~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci Immediately did as she was told, catching Jenny just before she hit the ground, almost falling over with her from the force of the impact. "Uuf, I-I got her!" She called out before setting Jenny on her feet. "You okay? Can you stand?" She asked the other champion, hovering an arm lightly around her in case she couldn't. "Recon got the canister. You have a plan, I assume?" She added, looking over at not-Kolt.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Uh, yeah," Jenny said optimistically as Traci put her upright. She automatically took the hand from Ulrich anyhow as she spoke quickly. "Always plans. On the fly. Um... He's got Kolt's reflexes and abilities but nothing more than that, which gives us an advantage. Ulrich, can you get forcefield's around him? Tight, perhaps? So he can't move his arms? Second plan - speedpunch him until he falls unconscious - or hit him with a drug. Third plan involves me and the container. And there's a back -up, desperation, ploy involving a civilian that I really don't want to try..."
Deske wrote:"On it," Ulrich said, snapping his fingers and creating cuffs of lights around Kolts wrists that quickly grew to encompass his hands and arms. He locked these constructs in place with a wave of his hand before creating another set of cuffs around the Concertians ankles. "Alright he is immobilized," Ulrich said back to Jenny through his commset.
Legotron123 wrote:If Kolt still had control over his body, he would have facepalmed. While he didn’t blame Ulrich for the mistake he made (there was a reason he did the hand motions), it still was frustrating to see one of his teammates make a mistake he normally only saw in rookie villains. Ulrich, you’re supposed to be smarter than this. He thought, knowing there was no way to actually communicate his feelings with the old man.
Ko Sah turned his head to Ulrich when the cuffs formed, a look of incredulity on his face. Not in a way that spoke of someone who had been caught off guard, however. It was more the condescending look one might give to someone who had just said or done something mind-numbingly stupid. Ko Sah didn't remain immobilized long. He focused on Ulrich's gauntlets and ripped them straight off of his hands using telekinetic power, hurtling them onto the hotel roof. "I don't need his hands to use his powers, you incompetent simpleton!" Ko Sah snarled.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana wanted to make doubly sure of the possessed Kolt's immobilization, sending her second shell flying around Ulrich and landing behind her body snatched comrade, while she herself tried to force and hold him to the ground. Though she was willing to apply more force if need be. "Any idea if this is gonna mess with Kolt's little head buddy at all?" Almost ignoring he rown idle comment, she made sure to keep her attention on the not Kolt as her head tilted. "Ya don't seem too bright, huh? Didn't even try to pose as Kolt."
"Very clever, really brilliant. You're so observant you missed the obvious eyes, tail, and the two voices coming from one mouth." Ko Sah formed a shield around himself and forced Tatiana's second shell through the ceiling. "If you're truly so slow you think I could hide with all of that, it's no wonder you needed help finding a basic hobby."

Ko Sah built up telekinetic power, focused on Ulrich and Tatiana, then launched a pulse straight at them which caused the ground between them to explode.
Buster wrote:There's a roar from the basement, best described as a murderously livid wild animal, as kol rushes back upstairs breaking a few door hinges in her haste.
Hearing this, Ko Sah didn't wait for Kol to get close again. He formed a fist-shaped construct out of telekinetic energy and rammed it straight through the wall between the room he was in and the room Kol was in. The construct reached for Kol in an attempt to grab her and throw her through another wall at Jenny.

"Well then..." Ko Sah said, with Kol distracted one way or another. He stepped out of the wrecked room and reached down for the portal generator. He picked it up."As fun as it is to see you struggle, I really must be go-"
Deske wrote:"Hm, woke up at the right time then," Chris said with a shrug. "Alright then, lets get this day started," He said as he climbed up inside the mech, seating the helmet on his head and shutting the cockpit doors.
MT-694, with pilot in tow, blasted off through the open garage doors and took flight. He didn't have far to go before he saw what the situation was. Kolt was fighting his own team. "I don't know what's going on or who started it, but we're ending it." He charged up his railgun with an amber slug, took aim at Kolt, and fired.

Ko Sah was in the middle of speaking when he saw MT aim at him. He managed to bring his guard up just in time to deflect the slug into the wall next to him. The impact sent him reeling onto the ground, and sent the portal generator bouncing and clattering across the floor. Before Ko Sah could get up or retrieve it, Recon beat him to it. In less than the time it takes to blink, she rushed over and grabbed the portal device. "GIVE. THAT. BACK!" Ko Sah demanded.

Ignoring him, Recon bolted, putting more distance between herself and the body snatcher. Then she called Hivemind. "Hivemind, Kolt's been taken over. Body snatcher scenario."

Hivemind responded. His voice was serious and even angry. "Acknowledged. I'm sending Archangel and Tempest in. Hang on for just a little longer."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver found the machine in its own little cubby next to the microwave. Flour, sugar, baking soda, he listed the ingredients out to himself as he punched them into the machine and collected what it created.
------
Ulrich ducked to the side, his personal light shield taking the brunt of the explosion along with its shrapnel. He clapped, a sharp sound, upon which his shield seemed to collapse in on itself. The gloves themselves became engulfed in a blue glow as they slid off the hotel roof and dropped in front of Ulrich. "What kind of person would I be if I didn't have a recovery method," He said as he slid the gloves back on his hands. He lifted a hand up and snapped a finger, a blue ring emanated from it and quickly grew in size as it washed over the surrounding area. A hazy blue glow engulfed all his teammates save, with some manual editing, for the one who currently wasn't his teammate. "Shields up," he said into his comm piece.
------
Chris grinned, "Lively one and so early in the morning." Chris took a closer look at the situation going on down on the ground, "I'd probably launch another amber shot when he's busy with the others. He most likely can't focus on everything at once."
------
"Great idea, so environmentally conscious," Colorado said, quickly following her into the bathroom.
Last edited by Deske on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Traci rushed over to not-Kolt once Ulrich had him restrained again. "You're not going anywhere, especially while controlling our friend, somehow, and trying to hurt us too." She said pointing at his face. "We'll figure out how to get you out of him and put you behind bars. Because we are Champions, and that's what we do! Now, sorry Kolt.." She finished before reeling back a fist and striking not-Kolt hard and fast in the stomach, trying to wind him.

------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Buster wrote:"Sure!" june answered cheerfully as she tried to get the machine to replicate a brain, only to get something deep fried instead. shrugging she decides to try a bite. "it got yours wrong too?" she asks, noticing him fiddling with the marshmallow fish.
"Marshminnows usually move a lot more..," Jaken said with a slightly disconsolate tone before deciding to try them anyhow. They seemed a bit sweeter than usual. He cocked an ear slightly as Miss Rika crept in but decided not to mention it. He was just happy she was back. He waited until she announced herself. "Heya, Miss Rika," he said, putting the bowl down for a moment so he could embrace her and give her a lick on the cheek.
Rika hugged Jaken and kissed him on the cheek too, then returned him back to his breakfast. "Enjoy your breakfast, We have many things we can do today. All of them involve fun and relaxation! The question is though, is what we should do first.. There's so much that we could do that I don't think I can make the decision alone.."

------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We could take Predator up on that offer later," Keeva said, enjoying Dan's mild scent. "Gives us something to do, love. After getting up."
Dan chuckled. "Do we have to get up? We could just lay around all day.." He replied. "..But I don't think I'm the kind of dog who could do that, better to be doing something than nothing at all!" With that Dan shuffled off the bed and headed for the bathroom to freshen up.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Things to do," Jenny muttered, more to herself than anyone as she dodged a flying friend. "Need my guns, need the container, need him distracted. Reverse order. Tat, suppression fire where you can! Keep him working on those shields! Drain his energy! MT, Chris? Bright lights and stun charges if you got them, blind him! Ulrich, keep everyone covered. I need my pistols." She lowered her voice to a practical whisper as she began running to her room. The pistols weren't her main plan. "Recon, pass me the container!"
------------------
"Was thinking of going wall climbing," Jaken said, before remembering his manners, "but, err, June should choose?"
------------------
Hannabelle had obviously already had something to eat as she offered Gear an arm before they headed out.
------------------
"I did nothing for months," Keeva agreed, "I never got on with it either." She joined Dan in getting up properly and waited outside the bathroom for him to exit.
---------------
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

[quote=CyberDragon]Titan continued to sit in the middle of the arena, completely unphased by the hail of bullets. However, Titan did appear to react to the insults when Hawk got close. Titan turned their head casually to look at Hawk. Then they simply gave a light shrug and returned to their previous meditative position.[/quote]

Hawk scoffed at Titan's non-verbal response, but chuckled a bit. Getting down to Titan's eye level, he shook his head and sighed as, inside, he was a bit confused and disappointed that the opponent wasn't going to be fighting back. So, in a bit of a surprise to those who were watching, he then stood up and tossed aside both the light armor and the automatic rifles, all the while keeping the two pistols and small blades. Walking behind Titan in a way that would lead many to think he gave up and called it quits, he casually looked at their backs and spotted just the opening on them he needed. With the opening spotted, he thought something to his Other Side before quickly spinning around and, with one of the small blades now drawn, threw the blade towards the opening on Titan.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

digging herself out of yet another wall, Kol was about to charge in again when he noticed recon taking cover near her, holding an odd thing. she didn't know what the thing was, only that it was important to the not-kolt that was the object of her rage at the moment, and it looked soft enough for her claws to damage.

so she took the most spiteful, pettiest, option available to her, and reached toards recon.

Ko-sah would hear the sound of crumpling splintered metal a moment later.

- - - - -

Talya and kobor's biometric readings look like they're starting to stabilize.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Was thinking of going wall climbing," Jaken said, before remembering his manners, "but, err, June should choose?"
"No you pick." she insisted, back. sticking her tongue out at jaken.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sana chuckled. "Where's the fun in that," she asked the computer, wondering if the microphone was on. "I mean, it cuts time but gotta keep the skills up, y'know?"
------------------
Golten thought about what the Lycan had said and seemed to be really considering it. "But it would help when trying to stop people who can hurt you?" He blinked twice at Eira's antics but wanted to look 'in control'.
Corvis, of course, had no such pretensions and 'Whooooaaa'd the show until it was over. "I want the power to go invisible" she said.
"Oh, my life would be complete..." Jenevive muttered.
-----------------
"So," Messalca said, something striking her as amusing despite the stunning situation, "this is a new one on you, too?"
----------------
"Nope, nope," Saffy's dad said, pushing her towards the back, "we're going this way before the place collapses."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Aw, that was your portal thing, wasn’t it? How’re you gonna get home now? Kolt mocked, sounding a bit smug now that Ko Sah had lost his means of escape. I mean, you can always try to get it back. That is, if you think you can keep up with a speedster.

”Wow. Who knew we were carrying VIPs?” Liz joked, though it was clear her mind was somewhere else. She shared a look with Corp, before turning back to the brothers and sitting down across the table from them. “There’s something that you should probably know, but we want you to promise to keep it a secret. We plan on telling the rest of the crew eventually, but we need some more time to figure out the best way to do it.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana was knocked back by the pulse, but quickly lined up her rifle's sight and began firing on Jenny's order, shooting precise shots around Traci and any others in her way to incapacitate the imposter, not rising to the baiting words he threw her way. "Copy, laying down fire." As she fired, Tatiana's second shell would burst back through the hole in the ceiling in an attempt to grab the body snatcher. Either to allow Traci more hits or at least to slow the imposter down. An empty shell taking damage would be of little consequence really.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle had obviously already had something to eat as she offered Gear an arm before they headed out.
Gear accepted Hannabelle's arm and took it in his own, leading her out of the safe house and through the portal back to the Beacon mainland. They emerged at the Steelhaven Street train station. "I figured this'd be a good place to start our little adventure from." Gear said. "If ya want to visit yer family first, maybe do some introductions, they live on this street. If not, we can take the train from here. What'd ya like to do?"

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk scoffed at Titan's non-verbal response, but chuckled a bit. Getting down to Titan's eye level, he shook his head and sighed as, inside, he was a bit confused and disappointed that the opponent wasn't going to be fighting back. So, in a bit of a surprise to those who were watching, he then stood up and tossed aside both the light armor and the automatic rifles, all the while keeping the two pistols and small blades. Walking behind Titan in a way that would lead many to think he gave up and called it quits, he casually looked at their backs and spotted just the opening on them he needed. With the opening spotted, he thought something to his Other Side before quickly spinning around and, with one of the small blades now drawn, threw the blade towards the opening on Titan.
Once again, the attack appeared to be about as effective as throwing a paper airplane at a tank. Titan didn't flinch or shift positions as the knife struck the veteran's under-armor and shattered on contact. They simply kept meditating.

"Hold on a minute, Hawk." Hivemind's voice sounded over the intercom. "Titan only fights things they consider to be a threat to others. I should have figured. Titan's personal philosophy is to never raise a hand against an opponent unless they pose a genuine risk to those around them." He then addressed Titan. "Titan, I appreciate your restraint, but we are trying to teach the recruits something, so if you would please fight Hawk strictly to teach said lesson, that would be greatly appreciated."

Titan turned their head to the viewing area where Hivemind was watching from. The behemoth looked down uncertainly, then stood up and turned towards Hawk. Titan held out a hand to Hawk, then gestured for him to come at them with everything they had.

Buster wrote:Talya and kobor's biometric readings look like they're starting to stabilize.
Hivemind, unsure of whether they are at the stage where they can speak yet, continues to watch for signs of higher cognition from the two Kaal.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golten thought about what the Lycan had said and seemed to be really considering it. "But it would help when trying to stop people who can hurt you?" He blinked twice at Eira's antics but wanted to look 'in control'.
Corvis, of course, had no such pretensions and 'Whooooaaa'd the show until it was over. "I want the power to go invisible" she said.
"Oh, my life would be complete..." Jenevive muttered.
The Lycan nodded at Golten's assertion. "It does help to keep an eye on things." He said. "But that's why Hivemind keeps an eye on things. He knows what needs to be watched and what doesn't. He knows when something needs to be acted on, and when he can let things slide." The Lycan continued. "And because he's already watching things, he doesn't need someone else worrying themselves about it. So, best leave the watching to him and focus on yourself, right?"

Meanwhile, Eira continued to entertain Corvis by creating a miniature chess-piece-sized ice sculpture of him using the ice from her hand.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So," Messalca said, something striking her as amusing despite the stunning situation, "this is a new one on you, too?"
"Taking a mountain? No. I run mining operations on barren planets made of diamond and gold. I strip-mine mountains all the time." Hivemind said, casually. "It's why I have enough dirt and rock just laying around to create a literal mountain from it to replace yours. But we need to talk about this later..." He added, urgently. "I just received a call. The hotel is under attack. My people are handling it, but the culprit is..." Hivemind hesitated, realizing that this was once again one of those things that would sound absolutely normal to him, but would be absurd to say out loud to someone else. "The culprit is apparently an extradimensional body snatcher who stole the body of the strongest member of our recruit team. I'm sending Archangel to help handle the situation. Recon and Gadgeteer are on site and will evacuate civilians. I am also sending in repair drones to mitigate any damages."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nope, nope," Saffy's dad said, pushing her towards the back, "we're going this way before the place collapses."
As the two rounded the corner, they ran right into the massive armor and scale clad body of Gadgeteer. "Follow me, you two. We need to get you out of here." He said.

~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci rushed over to not-Kolt once Ulrich had him restrained again. "You're not going anywhere, especially while controlling our friend, somehow, and trying to hurt us too." She said pointing at his face. "We'll figure out how to get you out of him and put you behind bars. Because we are Champions, and that's what we do! Now, sorry Kolt.." She finished before reeling back a fist and striking not-Kolt hard and fast in the stomach, trying to wind him.
Ko Sah rolled his eyes at Traci's mini-speech and raised a shield around himself just before she attacked, resulting in her punching a barrier harder than a brick wall. "Did you truly think that would work?" Ko Sah sneered before grabbing Traci point blank with telekinesis and launching her straight at a wall, intending on embedding her into it.
Deske wrote:Ulrich ducked to the side, his personal light shield taking the brunt of the explosion along with its shrapnel. He clapped, a sharp sound, upon which his shield seemed to collapse in on itself. The gloves themselves became engulfed in a blue glow as they slid off the hotel roof and dropped in front of Ulrich. "What kind of person would I be if I didn't have a recovery method," He said as he slid the gloves back on his hands. He lifted a hand up and snapped a finger, a blue ring emanated from it and quickly grew in size as it washed over the surrounding area. A hazy blue glow engulfed all his teammates save, with some manual editing, for the one who currently wasn't his teammate. "Shields up," he said into his comm piece.
Ko Sah's attention turned to Ulrich. He snarled at the human's persistence. "You are beginning to get on my nerves. And I am not the only one." He growled. With a flick of his wrist, Ulrich's gauntlets tore themselves off of his hands once again, only this time it was literal as Ko Sah made sure to rip the cursed things in half this time. "I wonder. Do you know what Kolt truly thinks of you?" He asked, readying another attack.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Things to do," Jenny muttered, more to herself than anyone as she dodged a flying friend. "Need my guns, need the container, need him distracted. Reverse order. Tat, suppression fire where you can! Keep him working on those shields! Drain his energy! MT, Chris? Bright lights and stun charges if you got them, blind him! Ulrich, keep everyone covered. I need my pistols." She lowered her voice to a practical whisper as she began running to her room. The pistols weren't her main plan. "Recon, pass me the container!"
Deske wrote:Chris grinned, "Lively one and so early in the morning." Chris took a closer look at the situation going on down on the ground, "I'd probably launch another amber shot when he's busy with the others. He most likely can't focus on everything at once."
"Agreed. Firing another round." MT said. While Ko Sah was aiming his attack, MT aimed his own. His railgun charged up, then launched another Amber round.

Ko Sah glanced up at MT just in time to deflect the shot, though it did interrupt his attack on Ulrich.
Legotron123 wrote:Aw, that was your portal thing, wasn’t it? How’re you gonna get home now? Kolt mocked, sounding a bit smug now that Ko Sah had lost his means of escape. I mean, you can always try to get it back. That is, if you think you can keep up with a speedster.
"Save your insults. I know what you're doing, and it won't work." Ko Sah thought back to Kolt. "Conquerors such as myself are far too composed for-"
Buster wrote:digging herself out of yet another wall, Kol was about to charge in again when he noticed recon taking cover near her, holding an odd thing. she didn't know what the thing was, only that it was important to the not-kolt that was the object of her rage at the moment, and it looked soft enough for her claws to damage.

so she took the most spiteful, pettiest, option available to her, and reached toards recon.

Ko-sah would hear the sound of crumpling splintered metal a moment later.
Ko Sah's eye twitched at the sound of the crunching metal, and the sight of Recon pulling the partially mangled portal generator away from the four-armed berserker. Shock turned to anger, and anger into fury. "YOU. WILL. PAY FOR THAT!" He roared. Immediately, Ko Sah formed what appeared to be a cloud around him. The cloud launched outward in several directions, dividing into sections with each miniature cloud pursuing one of his enemies.

Recon immediately started to run, blinking through windows and railings. The cloud chased her, ripping anything it touched to shreds.

MT noticed the cloud approaching him, and identified it as a virtual swarm of tiny blade-like telekinetic constructs. He dodged left and right, up and down, flying around in an effort to shake off the swarm. Eventually, however, the cloud caught up with him. He was able to dodge out of the way, but the blades clipped his left wing. Smoke billowed out of his jets and MT started to loose altitude. "Chris. We've lost one of our wings. I could use a repair." He said.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana was knocked back by the pulse, but quickly lined up her rifle's sight and began firing on Jenny's order, shooting precise shots around Traci and any others in her way to incapacitate the imposter, not rising to the baiting words he threw her way. "Copy, laying down fire." As she fired, Tatiana's second shell would burst back through the hole in the ceiling in an attempt to grab the body snatcher. Either to allow Traci more hits or at least to slow the imposter down. An empty shell taking damage would be of little consequence really.
Ko Sah shouted out in pain, and the clouds dissipated. In his efforts to tear everyone to shreds, his attention wasn't on guarding himself, and one of Tatiana's shots pierced his arm before the second shell latched onto him. In response, Ko Sah formed a blade out of Kolt's telekinesis and drove it straight through the shell, before throwing it at Tatiana.

Meanwhile, while the blade clouds were gone, Recon ran over to find Jenny and give her quint's canister if she was still standing.

- - - - -

Incoming message from Hivemind: ["Keep him occupied. Archangel will be there soon. Repair drones are on the way to mitigate damages."]
Last edited by CyberDragon on Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Once again, the attack appeared to be about as effective as throwing a paper airplane at a tank. Titan didn't flinch or shift positions as the knife struck the veteran's under-armor and shattered on contact. They simply kept meditating.

"Hold on a minute, Hawk." Hivemind's voice sounded over the intercom. "Titan only fights things they consider to be a threat to others. I should have figured. Titan's personal philosophy is to never raise a hand against an opponent unless they pose a genuine risk to those around them." He then addressed Titan. "Titan, I appreciate your restraint, but we are trying to teach the recruits something, so if you would please fight Hawk strictly to teach said lesson, that would be greatly appreciated."

Titan turned their head to the viewing area where Hivemind was watching from. The behemoth looked down uncertainly, then stood up and turned towards Hawk. Titan held out a hand to Hawk, then gestured for him to come at them with everything they had.
"Alright," Hawk nodded as he walked back towards the Titan, his armor and weapons still tossed aside, "Full power it is..." As he reared back to land a punch, he thought to his Other Side "Do half strength in my arms. Once they land a good shot on me, then it's your turn." His Other Side replied "Got it," and, with the strength he asked for, sent his fist towards the Titan's armored head.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

see the problem with being big and tough, with thick fur and a hard carpace, but not very fast, you tend to try and deflect hits rather than evade them.

and being half asleep, running on adrenaline, does not lend one to critical thinking.

Kol is unconscious, and on the floor bleeding...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny was on the move as soon as she reasoned the cloud was on it's way. Her team mate was possessed by some unknown entity with unknown powers that was fighting with its' retreat cut off. Smashed, in fact. She didn't know what the cloud was but she doubted it was candyfloss and was diving behind the food wagon as the thing went off. It still cut through the vehicle and gave the shielding around her what for, shripping into the skin of her back and arms. She felt the sharp pains lacing her frame and started pulling herself upright as Recon arrived. "Ow," she commented, "that hurt. Thanks. Can you get Kol out," she asked, taking the cylinder. "Keep the holding up, guys, and hold on. Plan 'C's going into action." So saying, she headed inside to get Quint out and pop him into her ear (hoping he went in that way.) "This is going to suck..."
-------------
"Are... Are you sure I can't help," Saffy asked, the Celican desire to fight showing despite her slightly stronger need to run away being evident as she didn't fight being taken out the back way.
-------------
If Messalca had been in better shape - or ten years younger - she would have been off at the words 'hotel' and 'attacked' but, as it was, she heard all of it. "I sent them there," she called, heading back towards her car at best speed. "I'm responsible for putting my cousin and Niece in the way!" It was irrational. She didn't much care, irrationality would help her drive fast. "Thought, Hive," she said over the radio, knowing he may well be listening anyhow, "might the Legion guy be of use?"
------------
Golten considered the words carefully before grinning. "Sound like Hivemind's the Sanctmas elf" he said, meaning something rather like Father Christmas in the 'all knowing, all seeing' gig.
"Hope he isn't," Corvis jibed as he reached out to touch the figurine, "or you'll get lots of Citric fruits."
"Hey!" Golten responded, wondering if there was something he could throw at his brother.
------------
"Weren't you saying the Lycan wanted a word with him now," Hannabelle asked, thinking back on her last 'meeting' with the Lycan.
-----------
"Ok, referee," Sana said, licking her lips as she typed politely onto the system. Was told to meet John today, she typed, Does he want to come to my place or meet at a public place at some time?" She hit send and wandered into the kitchen. "Found anything," she asked Denver.
----------
"We seem to have missed a bit," Corp said. Sarah didn't press him as she figured he was letting the Captain be diplomatic.
-----------
"Um," Jaken said, "is there a place with a climbing wall and a sea pool?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Legotron123 wrote:”Wow. Who knew we were carrying VIPs?” Liz joked, though it was clear her mind was somewhere else. She shared a look with Corp, before turning back to the brothers and sitting down across the table from them. “There’s something that you should probably know, but we want you to promise to keep it a secret. We plan on telling the rest of the crew eventually, but we need some more time to figure out the best way to do it.”
The brothers are intrigued and a little confused by Corp's evasive statement and their interest is piqued by the captain's secrecy. They glance at each other as they also seat themselves, both thinking the same thing.
"O' course." Cailean says as Conall nods in agreement.
"What is it?" Cailean asks, picking up his spoon.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yes, but I think I already have a good idea about what he thinks," Ulrich said, raising an arm up to at least try and catch some of what was coming. But, he didn't need to, as MT's shot took Ko Sah's attention from him, Ulrich took this moment to make a hasty retreat. "Uh, shields down, for the foreseeable future," he said into his earpiece.
------
"I was quite enjoying the uncontrolled death spiral," Chris said as he pulled off the helmet and laid a hand against the interior of the cockpit. There was a noticeable crackle of what looked like electricity before the wing and engine reformed from the bits and pieces that had been shredded off. Chris pulled his helmet back on, "Now, Jenny asked for some flashbangs, so lets give him a light show."
------
"I found the replicator and it found me a whole bunch of ingredients for possibly the fluffiest pancakes I'll ever make. Do you have any requests? I can do chocolate chips, nuts, bacon to some extent...?" Denver set all the ingredients on the countertop and go to work turning the stove on and pulled out a bowl and utensils.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana acted quickly, remembering the telekinetic frisbee she played with Diligitis the night before, she dodged to the side, gripping the thrown shell with her telekinesis, spun it around her and sent it flying back much faster than from whence it came with a healthy dose of telekinetic blast. The second shell took the blast rather well all things considered, and had its arms wide open to at the very least clothesline the body snatcher, if not outright tackle him at high speeds.

As her shell flew, Tatiana quickly steadied her rifle's aim as the weapon's core hummed with gathering telekinetic energy, ready to send a precise and heavy telekinetic blast to his head the next opportunity she gets.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

For someone who claims to be so composed, you sure don’t handle people messing with your stuff well. Kolt smugly replied, clearly enjoying watching Ko Sah being so off balance. Not to mention that the most I did to you all those years was trick you into leaving Elh Melizée so you could try to possess me. And that only distracted you for at most a minute before you found another host. I wasn’t particularly important to repelling your invasion, I didn’t strike some major blow against you. You came after me and risked everything over something that was at most a minor indignity. Doesn’t exactly seem like something a composed conqueror would do.

Jenny was absolutely right about the way it felt as Quint climbed down her ear channel, his cold and slimy body feeling quite unpleasant as he went deeper. Once he reached her brain, Jenny felt her body freeze for a second, before control returned to her, and she heard an unfamiliar voice in her head. “Jenny? What is going on, why is Kolt not-, he started, before noticing the possessed body of his partner currently assaulting their teammates. As a long sigh rang out through her head, Jenny felt the world around her seem to get ever so slightly slower, as Quint started pumping his chemicals into her body. Please tell me we are dealing with one rogue agent and not a full on invasion?

Liz looked around at everyone else in the room, before turning back to the brothers. “Thanks to a power one of the other crew members obtained, we were actually able to establish contact with our home dimension only a few hours after we arrived. However, the person we got in contact with, Admiral Lockwood, gave us some... mixed news. We’ve been gone four years, Insignia was wiped off the map by the Barbarox, who have apparently developed dimension hopping technology, and judging by some of the species reported amongst their crew, have apparently been to this dimension. They attacked the Republic headquarters in New London, took out three fleetkillers, before vanishing to another dimension.” She paused for a moment to grab a banana, giving them a minute to process the new information.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Legotron123 wrote:Liz looked around at everyone else in the room, before turning back to the brothers. “Thanks to a power one of the other crew members obtained, we were actually able to establish contact with our home dimension only a few hours after we arrived. However, the person we got in contact with, Admiral Lockwood, gave us some... mixed news. We’ve been gone four years, Insignia was wiped off the map by the Barbarox, who have apparently developed dimension hopping technology, and judging by some of the species reported amongst their crew, have apparently been to this dimension. They attacked the Republic headquarters in New London, took out three fleetkillers, before vanishing to another dimension.” She paused for a moment to grab a banana, giving them a minute to process the new information.
The boys' jaws drop and their confusion and disbelief will be as plain as the noses on their faces to Corp. Their disbelief soon turns to acceptance and curiosity though - after all, they did just visit Heaven.
"Sae... Th' Barbarox arenae enemies any muir? But why did they turn on Insignia?" Conall asks through Cailean.
"An', th' Queen is safe then?" Cailean adds.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The last thing I did before we got... jolted," Corp said, keeping his handpaaws behind his back, "was transmit our files and cases to command. I also managed to alert your local police Sergeant, MacAuliffe, to the fact things were wrong. there's no way her security wouldn't have been alerted." He stepped slightly sideways. "As to the other matter, we're still building intelligence."
----------------
"As far as we know," Jenny said, speaking aloud on reflex, "just one and Kol seems to have broken his teleporter." She swallowed and wondered how to deal with this thing? Could I breach his shields with sound?
---------------
"Oh, I'll go with Bacon," Sana agreed. "Useless hunter but still a carni, y'know?" She grinned and showed her little teeth.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Alright," Hawk nodded as he walked back towards the Titan, his armor and weapons still tossed aside, "Full power it is..." As he reared back to land a punch, he thought to his Other Side "Do half strength in my arms. Once they land a good shot on me, then it's your turn." His Other Side replied "Got it," and, with the strength he asked for, sent his fist towards the Titan's armored head.
Titan's hand shot up and casually caught the incoming fist without budging an inch. They grabbed Hawk's hand tightly in a grip so impossibly firm, attempting to pull away would feel like trying to lift the Beacon of Hope itself with one arm. Titan simply looked at Hawk for a minute, then lazily tossed their arm to the side and let go, launching Hawk hard enough to leave a solid dent in the metal wall...

... 200 feet away.

-------------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:If Messalca had been in better shape - or ten years younger - she would have been off at the words 'hotel' and 'attacked' but, as it was, she heard all of it. "I sent them there," she called, heading back towards her car at best speed. "I'm responsible for putting my cousin and Niece in the way!" It was irrational. She didn't much care, irrationality would help her drive fast. "Thought, Hive," she said over the radio, knowing he may well be listening anyhow, "might the Legion guy be of use?"
"They're traumatized spirits, not trained Champions." Hivemind responded through the radio. There was a short pause in the statement, before Hivemind continued. "But ghosts are quite powerful. More powerful normally than they realize. That could make things worse, though. Most of them were civilians with no training at all. It could either be a linchpin in the fight, or more like dropping an amateur with a bomb into an already chaotic situation. Archangel will be a more reliable bet."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golten considered the words carefully before grinning. "Sound like Hivemind's the Sanctmas elf" he said, meaning something rather like Father Christmas in the 'all knowing, all seeing' gig.
"Hope he isn't," Corvis jibed as he reached out to touch the figurine, "or you'll get lots of Citric fruits."
"Hey!" Golten responded, wondering if there was something he could throw at his brother.
The Lycan laughed at Golten's words. He knew enough that he could draw the parallel between the Sanctmas elf and Santa. "Yeah, I guess you could say that, couldn't you?" He said. "Hivemind keeps an eye on things and makes sure people are treating each other well, so you don't have to worry about that." He leaned back in his chair a bit. "Anyway, as I said earlier, I'm going to be showing you around today. We can go wherever you like. Have you all eaten yet today?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Weren't you saying the Lycan wanted a word with him now," Hannabelle asked, thinking back on her last 'meeting' with the Lycan."
"Aye, I did." Gear said. "I also believe I said he doesn't hold a grudge. He's been told yer reasons, an' he knows yer helpin'. After all, he an' his daughter were the ones who pulled yer folks out'a the trouble they were in." Gear smiled at Hannabelle. "We founders keep each other informed. Anythin' we figure out, the others know soon after."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ok, referee," Sana said, licking her lips as she typed politely onto the system. Was told to meet John today, she typed, Does he want to come to my place or meet at a public place at some time?" She hit send and wandered into the kitchen. "Found anything," she asked Denver.
The response to the message was almost immediate. [John is currently in a digital holding facility. He will remain there in interrogation until we leave orbit, at which point he will be returned to Celicia.]

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Are... Are you sure I can't help," Saffy asked, the Celican desire to fight showing despite her slightly stronger need to run away being evident as she didn't fight being taken out the back way.
Gadgeteer was about to answer when the cloud of psychic daggers approached. He grabbed Saffy and her father and pushed them both onto the ground, placing himself on top of them, shielding them from the attack. The blades dug and tore at his hide, but couldn't penetrate his Varanian scales. When the attack was over, Gadgeteer stood up and pulled the Celicans to their feet. "Positive. Come on, we need to get you out of here." He grabbed one in each arm, lifted them both up onto his shoulders, and ran as fast as he could to safety via the parking lot...
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny was on the move as soon as she reasoned the cloud was on it's way. Her team mate was possessed by some unknown entity with unknown powers that was fighting with its' retreat cut off. Smashed, in fact. She didn't know what the cloud was but she doubted it was candyfloss and was diving behind the food wagon as the thing went off. It still cut through the vehicle and gave the shielding around her what for, shripping into the skin of her back and arms. She felt the sharp pains lacing her frame and started pulling herself upright as Recon arrived. "Ow," she commented, "that hurt. Thanks. Can you get Kol out," she asked, taking the cylinder. "Keep the holding up, guys, and hold on. Plan 'C's going into action." So saying, she headed inside to get Quint out and pop him into her ear (hoping he went in that way.) "This is going to suck..."
Gadgeteer stopped. His jaw dropped in horror at the torn up food truck only moments before his ears picked up the sound of screaming. He set Saffy and her father down and rushed over to the truck, prying it's rear doors off. Two humans had been manning the food truck for the morning breakfast run. One gripped what was left of his right arm, blankly staring ahead. His face was turning white, and he was loosing blood fast. The other was laying on the ground, limp. He had taken the cloud of blades directly.

Gadgeteer swore loudly and pulled out two disk-like devices. He placed one on each civilian and turned them on. The two humans froze immediately, having been locked in stasis to preserve them until medical help arrived. With that handled, Gadgeteer stormed out of the truck. He stood up straight, turned to Jenny, and roared at her. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! You took cover behind an OCCUPIED Civilian vehicle!"

- - - - -
Deske wrote:"Yes, but I think I already have a good idea about what he thinks," Ulrich said, raising an arm up to at least try and catch some of what was coming. But, he didn't need to, as MT's shot took Ko Sah's attention from him, Ulrich took this moment to make a hasty retreat. "Uh, shields down, for the foreseeable future," he said into his earpiece.
Ko Sah gripped Kolt's arm, his attention turned on Ulrich as the human fled. "If you aren't running to get more help," he smirked, cringing slightly, "Then it seems your partner was right about you after all." Keeping a shield around himself, he formed a spear out of Kolt's telekinesis and hurled it straight at Ulrich.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana acted quickly, remembering the telekinetic frisbee she played with Diligitis the night before, she dodged to the side, gripping the thrown shell with her telekinesis, spun it around her and sent it flying back much faster than from whence it came with a healthy dose of telekinetic blast. The second shell took the blast rather well all things considered, and had its arms wide open to at the very least clothesline the body snatcher, if not outright tackle him at high speeds.

As her shell flew, Tatiana quickly steadied her rifle's aim as the weapon's core hummed with gathering telekinetic energy, ready to send a precise and heavy telekinetic blast to his head the next opportunity she gets.
Ko Sah quickly formed a shield in the shape of a slope, deflecting the shell as well as the telekinetic blast away from him, through the walls behind him, and into the distance. "You need to recognize when you're outmatched!" He growled, sending another telekinetic spike straight at her head.
Legotron123 wrote:For someone who claims to be so composed, you sure don’t handle people messing with your stuff well. Kolt smugly replied, clearly enjoying watching Ko Sah being so off balance. Not to mention that the most I did to you all those years was trick you into leaving Elh Melizée so you could try to possess me. And that only distracted you for at most a minute before you found another host. I wasn’t particularly important to repelling your invasion, I didn’t strike some major blow against you. You came after me and risked everything over something that was at most a minor indignity. Doesn’t exactly seem like something a composed conqueror would do.
Minor indignity? MINOR INDIGNITY?! YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! Ko Sah raged against his host, trying to cause as much mental pain as possible, flooding Kolt's mind with memories. Memories of Ko Sah being stripped of his rank. Memories of him being cast out, harassed by other Yah Rin, the very ones he himself had used his rank to abuse. There is no greater shame than failing to possess a host. You and your little worm brought me down from third in line for the throne to the lowest dregs of society. But, once I take you back, that will change. It will prove that my failure to possess you was a fluke. I will be accepted once more.

Ko Sah turned his attention to finding Recon. It didn't take too long, as he had a line of sight on her through one of the busted down walls. He lifted himself up, still clutching his arm, and flew towards her. "Give. Me. That. Device!" he demanded.

In the meantime, something descended from above. It resembled a drone of some sort. Simple in design, with four jets, one on each corner, and a sort of cubical dispenser hanging from it. The drone flew down, hung above the damaged hotel, and released a green mist from the dispenser. The mist seemed to dissipate, growing dimmer as it reached the hotel. Whatever was in the mist, however, did not dissipate. This was evident when the broken boards and glass from the windows started pulling themselves together, as though being rewinded. The wall Ko Sah was looking at Recon through pulled itself together, breaking his line of sight. Recon noticed this, and took the opportunity to blink away. She had to keep the device as far away from Ko Sah as she could.

Ko Sah smashed the wall down and stepped through. It reformed behind him. He looked around for where Recon had went, cursing to himself that he seemed to have lost her.
Deske wrote:"I was quite enjoying the uncontrolled death spiral," Chris said as he pulled off the helmet and laid a hand against the interior of the cockpit. There was a noticeable crackle of what looked like electricity before the wing and engine reformed from the bits and pieces that had been shredded off. Chris pulled his helmet back on, "Now, Jenny asked for some flashbangs, so lets give him a light show."
Seeing that Ko Sah was distracted, MT opened his jaws. The short barrel of his grenade launcher stuck out of his "mouth" and pointed behind the body snatcher. MT fired, launching a flashbang right on target. It struck behind Ko Sah and detonated, flashing brilliantly and with an ear-splitting BANG!

Ko Sah doubled over, cross eyed. Kolt's jaw hung open, and Ko Sah had his host's hands over his ears. He was so disoriented by the flashbang, he didn't even realize Archangel was barreling towards him at high speed until the radioactive champion slammed headfirst into his side. The both of them crashed right through the wall and onto the floor of the hotel room. Archangel reached down and grabbed Ko Sah. The veteran lifted the body snatcher up and held him inside where the wall used to be as it reformed. The splinters, shards, and planks shifted and gravitated towards one another, reassembling themselves around Ko Sah until the wall was repaired. When it was finished, Ko Sah awkwardly hung halfway in the wall. His muzzle and face stuck out of the wall on Archangel's side while his tail and ponytail stuck out of the other side of the wall.

"I am going to give you one chance." Archangel said seriously. "Surrender, and return our ally. That is not a request."

Ko Sah laughed mirthlessly. "Let me think about it for a moment," he said. The wall exploded once more in a telekinetic blast. Archangel was knocked back a few feet, but caught himself with little effort. Ko Sah flew out the other direction, hovering about twenty feet in the air. "Predictable demands get predictable results." He mocked.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Titan's hand shot up and casually caught the incoming fist without budging an inch. They grabbed Hawk's hand tightly in a grip so impossibly firm, attempting to pull away would feel like trying to lift the Beacon of Hope itself with one arm. Titan simply looked at Hawk for a minute, then lazily tossed their arm to the side and let go, launching Hawk hard enough to leave a solid dent in the metal wall...

... 200 feet away.
Hawk shouted in pain as he hit the wall, then dropped to the ground and laid motionless for a few minutes. "OK..." he grunted as he stood himself up, some blood dripping from his mouth, "That was...pretty good..." Hawk struggled for a bit to steady himself but, before long, all the pain and blood had vanished from his body. His eyes now blood red, a small toothy smile crossed his face as he looked at the dent behind then at the Titan as his body slowly began to become that of his Other Side. A metallic-like skin began to take over his entire body. His hands became claws sharper then any knife known to anyone. Within seconds, Hawk was no-more as, standing before everyone watching the training and the Titan, was the Other Side of him: A metallic lycan-like beast that spread fear into anyone who saw it. The Other-Side smiled, its sharp teeth shining in the light, as it growls before uttering at the Titan, "My turn." Then, in one what could describe as a fully armored batteship going into war, the Other Side lunged towards the Titan and began digging its claws into their armor with malcontent.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny twitched as Quint spoke to her, detailing his thoughts on her plans as Gadgeteer shouted in her face. It almost gave the impression she wasn't listening to him before she spoke. "An error made due to lack of information," she said. "Advise everyone who has a helmet on to go comms only," she added coldly and calmly, "I'll keep it focussed but it's gonna be noisy in five seconds." So saying she stepped outside and brought her hands together HARD in Ko Sah's(Kolt's) Direction. And she held them together to focus a sonic cone attack on him alone, ready to cut off if he defleted and change the angle if he moved. Her annoyance with Gadgeteer and herself helped but she needed this to work quickly as she was dressed for breakfast, not battle.
------------------------
"I'll get him but keep him out of the way until you say," Messalca decided, feeling the need to do SOMETHING. "Always wise to have an emergency back up." She headed towards the station.
-----------------------
Upon hearing the beep, Sana headed back to her computer and linked it to her wrist tablet for the next communications. I've been asked by Agent Miles to give him a prelim job interview. Any chance of doing that here? she typed and sent.
-----------------------
Saffy was quite glad to be a little way back from the fighting. And hungry. She didn't know if that was her or Gadgeteer though.
----------------------
"He IS more forgiving than most people I've tried to kill," Hannabelle admitted, wondering how she was going to explain their first meeting to the Cubs. "Let's go join his tour."
----------------------
"I know I haven't eaten anyo..."
"Thing," Corvis corrected, not looking at his older brother, rapt in the figurine.
"I know, I know," Golen protested, "I MEANT anything!" He primped himself and tried again. "I know I haven't eaten anything today."
"Awake five minutes and putting his footpads in it already," Jenevive said, shaking her head.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tried to dodge the attack but was unable to, which led to the spike crashing through the right side of her helmet and Tatiana crashing to the ground. She groaned, her voice coming out as a string of glitched syllables as her vision flickered. She struggled slightly to kneeling on one knee, as anger and annoyance flooded through her. Through her flickering vision Tatiana lined up her sights with the body snatcher and charged a plasma blast, waiting, coldly, for a moment when his attention would be consumed towards someone before firing.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Even as Kolt struggled to deal with the pain of having several years worth of memories shoved into his head, he still managed to let out a small laugh. Y-you think you can win this? Your way out is b-broken, Hivemind is going to keep sending reinforcements till you’re dealt with, and you are CLEARLY l-letting your anger get out of hand. You’re going to lose, you’re going to go into the weird d-d-data prison Hivemind has, and I’m going to go on with my day, like nothing. Ever. HAPPENED. He taunted, still sounding confident despite stuttering from the pain.

Actually, I would recommend you keep the noise going even if he does block it. Quint advised, noticing something out of the corner of Jenny’s eye. If we can distract him long enough for Tatiana to get a shot in, we might be able to make him drop his shields.

Liz gave out an awkward cough, clearly not excited to answer Conall’s question. “This is basically an open secret at this point, but I was once in a relationship with a man, who later turned out to be an undercover Fortis Malum, and he’s still not over me, so he probably wiped them out in revenge. Please don’t bring this up with anyone who doesn’t already know, I’m tired of talking about it.” She begged, pausing to take a bite out of her banana before continuing. “As for your other questions, Lockwood didn’t mention the queen so I assume nothing’s happened to her, but I can’t tell for certain. And I don’t think he’ll attack the Beacon, even if he thinks he has the strength to do so, since his grudge has always been against the Republic. He thinks they deliberately neglect areas that don’t provide enough financial benefit, and that they refuse to allow anyone to live outside their authority. Not that he’s entirely wrong about either of those.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver set about making bacon pancakes, the smell of cooking eventually wafting its way throughout the house.
------
Ulrich glanced over shoulder and shifted his trajectory just to the side of the psychic lance, earning himself a torn shirt, a large gash that was leaking into the ground and a rib that was probably not in one piece anymore. He shifted himself behind a planter and sucked in a breath. "Definitely broken," he said to himself, putting pressure on the cut.
------
Chris clapped mentally as the flashbang went off, "Fantastic shot." He lined up a shot with the impulse cannon and pulled the trigger once it was clear enough.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ab...solutely, Q," Jenny strained as the vibrations began in her arms. If it's working and I pass out before he does," she thought, gritting her teeth, You'll need to take over. Aloud, she called to Gadgeteer on comms. "If this works, Gadge," she said, her voice shaking tremulously, as she kept the cone of shrill noise going, "someone'll need to... catch him."
-----------------
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Brad comes out wearing heavy white armor reminiscent of a Star Wars trooper and wielding a blaster rifle. "I'm ready, so please don't keep all the fun for yourself, let me try! Ken, SPECIAL ATTACK: ADORABLENESS!" Ken walks up close to Titan and sits down, wagging his tail and panting, Brad waits.

~~~~~~~~~

"No, no, please don't apologize, it's my fault, but other than that, I'm fine, so if you do not need anything else, I want to go back to sleep." Nat replied to Hivemind.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk shouted in pain as he hit the wall, then dropped to the ground and laid motionless for a few minutes. "OK..." he grunted as he stood himself up, some blood dripping from his mouth, "That was...pretty good..." Hawk struggled for a bit to steady himself but, before long, all the pain and blood had vanished from his body. His eyes now blood red, a small toothy smile crossed his face as he looked at the dent behind then at the Titan as his body slowly began to become that of his Other Side. A metallic-like skin began to take over his entire body. His hands became claws sharper then any knife known to anyone. Within seconds, Hawk was no-more as, standing before everyone watching the training and the Titan, was the Other Side of him: A metallic lycan-like beast that spread fear into anyone who saw it. The Other-Side smiled, its sharp teeth shining in the light, as it growls before uttering at the Titan, "My turn." Then, in one what could describe as a fully armored battleship going into war, the Other Side lunged towards the Titan and began digging its claws into their armor with malcontent.

Titan was once again completely unfazed. If Hawk was a battleship, Titan was evidently Starkiller base. Titan raised one hand across their chest, then swung it backwards at Hawk's face as he approached.

BOOOOM!

The impact sent shockwaves reverberating throughout the training room. Hawk would find himself embedded even deeper into the same crater in the wall he had just pulled himself out of.
furrygamer793 wrote:Brad comes out wearing heavy white armor reminiscent of a Star Wars trooper and wielding a blaster rifle. "I'm ready, so please don't keep all the fun for yourself, let me try! Ken, SPECIAL ATTACK: ADORABLENESS!" Ken walks up close to Titan and sits down, wagging his tail and panting, Brad waits.
Titan looked down at the dog, tilting their head. The champion appeared to be trying to gauge the sort of threat the dog posed, and was trying to determine how much strength to use. Determining that the dog did not have any super durability like Hawk did, she simply reached down, picked Ken up with both hands, and carried him over to the edge of the battlefield to drop him off out of the way.

--------------------------------------
furrygamer793 wrote:"No, no, please don't apologize, it's my fault, but other than that, I'm fine, so if you do not need anything else, I want to go back to sleep." Nat replied to Hivemind.
Hivemind shrugged. "Very well. I'll leave you alone. Have a nice day, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." he said. Hivemind backed up away from the door and started making his way down the street to see if anyone else needed help.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll get him but keep him out of the way until you say," Messalca decided, feeling the need to do SOMETHING. "Always wise to have an emergency back up." She headed towards the station.
Messalca would, upon entering the station, see the robot was missing. In it's place was what appeared to be a teenaged Celican boy, lying on a cot in the open cell and staring at the ceiling. His expression was hard to read, but he looked to be deep in thought. The deputies in charge of watching Legion wore distinct looks of distress and discomfort as they glanced sideways at the teenager.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Upon hearing the beep, Sana headed back to her computer and linked it to her wrist tablet for the next communications. I've been asked by Agent Miles to give him a prelim job interview. Any chance of doing that here? she typed and sent.
Hivemind, once again, replied immediately. [He is currently in interrogation. Cooperative or not, it would be inappropriate for me to allow contact with anyone but his lawyer until the interrogation is complete. When he is released, if he is released, then and only then may you arrange to speak with him.]

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"He IS more forgiving than most people I've tried to kill," Hannabelle admitted, wondering how she was going to explain their first meeting to the Cubs. "Let's go join his tour."
"Aye." Gear said, nodding. "More people have tried to kill 'im than me, an' I was a professional assassin. Ya aren't the first to try an' stab 'im, and ya ain't gonna be the last."

Gear lead the way down the street, holding Hannabelle's hand as they went. It took a few minutes to reach the house, as it was a few blocks away from the train station they were starting from. When they got there, Gear stepped up to the door and rang the doorbell.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I know I haven't eaten anyo..."
"Thing," Corvis corrected, not looking at his older brother, rapt in the figurine.
"I know, I know," Golen protested, "I MEANT anything!" He primped himself and tried again. "I know I haven't eaten anything today."
"Awake five minutes and putting his footpads in it already," Jenevive said, shaking her head.
The Lycan laughed. "I was about to say something along those lines myself. Anyway, if none of you have eaten, we can start with-"

The Lycan was interrupted when his daughter tapped him on the shoulder with her real hand. "Dad, Gear is coming up the walkway with someone else. Celican female, by the feel of it." She said. Seconds later, the doorbell rang.

Hivemind stepped into the Genemod lab in order to check on the status of Kobor and Talya. He watched them to see if there was any reaction to his presence.

~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci rushed over to not-Kolt once Ulrich had him restrained again. "You're not going anywhere, especially while controlling our friend, somehow, and trying to hurt us too." She said pointing at his face. "We'll figure out how to get you out of him and put you behind bars. Because we are Champions, and that's what we do! Now, sorry Kolt.." She finished before reeling back a fist and striking not-Kolt hard and fast in the stomach, trying to wind him.
Once Archangel was in the fray, Recon ran over to Traci. "Traci! Go get Kol! She's down and needs medical attention!" Recon ordered. "I need to get this thing away from the fight and to the nearest hive bot!" With that, Recon bolted off again, heading in the direction of the Twm.

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote:Even as Kolt struggled to deal with the pain of having several years worth of memories shoved into his head, he still managed to let out a small laugh. Y-you think you can win this? Your way out is b-broken, Hivemind is going to keep sending reinforcements till you’re dealt with, and you are CLEARLY l-letting your anger get out of hand. You’re going to lose, you’re going to go into the weird d-d-data prison Hivemind has, and I’m going to go on with my day, like nothing. Ever. HAPPENED. He taunted, still sounding confident despite stuttering from the pain.
I have persevered through far worse situations than this, and I will do it again once all of you are under my heel! Ko Sah responded. As confident as his words sound, it is rather clear he was growing annoyed with the current situation. Ko Sah formed a heavy, solid wall out of telekinetic power and threw it straight at Archangel. The champion kept walking forward until it was upon him, but instead of dodging out of the way, Archangel raised a fist and struck the wall, hard.

SMASH! Archangel's fist went straight through the wall and shattered it, causing the pieces to dissipate and Ko Sah to reel backwards. The very slightest hint of panic appeared in his eyes, and he took a step backward, launching a telekinetic spike at Archangel's chest. It struck against his breastplate and pierced through his armor, but once more the construct shattered upon striking his skin.

Ko Sah was getting desperate, stepping outside of the hotel. Archangel followed, picking up the pace. Ko Sah tried grabbing him and throwing him back with telekinesis, but Archangel powered through. Ko Sah tried shoving him down to the ground, but Archangel's legs adjusted and he kept up the pursuit. He tried throwing Archangel into the air, and managed to succeed, only to find that Archangel was still flying towards him at an accelerating rate.

Finally, as a last, desperate attempt, Ko Sah reached out telekinetically and pulled a power line from it's pole, throwing it at Archangel. The champion didn't see it in time to react, and the power line struck him. Intense, high power electricity shot through Archangel's body, causing his muscles to seize up. He twitched and convulsed, and his hair stood on end while the wire was latched to his arm. Eventually, Archangel collapsed onto the ground, unable to gain control over his muscles.

Realizing that this worked, Ko Sah grinned. He raised the high-voltage wire up over Archangel's heart, preparing to deliver what he hoped would be a fatal shock.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny twitched as Quint spoke to her, detailing his thoughts on her plans as Gadgeteer shouted in her face. It almost gave the impression she wasn't listening to him before she spoke. "An error made due to lack of information," she said. "Advise everyone who has a helmet on to go comms only," she added coldly and calmly, "I'll keep it focussed but it's gonna be noisy in five seconds." So saying she stepped outside and brought her hands together HARD in Ko Sah's(Kolt's) Direction. And she held them together to focus a sonic cone attack on him alone, ready to cut off if he defleted and change the angle if he moved. Her annoyance with Gadgeteer and herself helped but she needed this to work quickly as she was dressed for breakfast, not battle.

----------------------

Saffy was quite glad to be a little way back from the fighting. And hungry. She didn't know if that was her or Gadgeteer though.
"We'll talk about this later." Gadgeteer growled. He ran over and picked Saffy and her father, hurrying to put them into the food truck's passenger seat and driver's seat respectively where they couldn't see the carnage in the truck's trailer. Once the two of them were secure, Gadgeteer grabbed the front of the truck and started running, towing the truck behind him away from the warzone and away from the sonic blast. He had managed to get about half a block before Jenny's attack went off.

Ko Sah turned and noticed what Jenny was doing. He shifted his focus and blocked the sonic attack with ease, though he lost his grip on the power cable and dropped it on the ground in the process. "Come on, Jenny, surely you're smarter than to think you-"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana tried to dodge the attack but was unable to, which led to the spike crashing through the right side of her helmet and Tatiana crashing to the ground. She groaned, her voice coming out as a string of glitched syllables as her vision flickered. She struggled slightly to kneeling on one knee, as anger and annoyance flooded through her. Through her flickering vision Tatiana lined up her sights with the body snatcher and charged a plasma blast, waiting, coldly, for a moment when his attention would be consumed towards someone before firing.
Deske wrote:Chris clapped mentally as the flashbang went off, "Fantastic shot." He lined up a shot with the impulse cannon and pulled the trigger once it was clear enough.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ab...solutely, Q," Jenny strained as the vibrations began in her arms. If it's working and I pass out before he does," she thought, gritting her teeth, You'll need to take over. Aloud, she called to Gadgeteer on comms. "If this works, Gadge," she said, her voice shaking tremulously, as she kept the cone of shrill noise going, "someone'll need to... catch him."
- - - - -
"I have to get the civilians out of there." Gadgeteer responded over the team comms. "Tatiana, if he falls, make sure Kolt doesn't get hurt."
- - - - -

"AAARRRGH!" Tatiana's shot tore straight through Ko Sah's ear, tearing a good-sized chunk out of it. Then MT's concussive blast struck right next to him, sending him reeling to the ground. His shield dropped, and Jenny's sonic blast washed over him unrestricted. The sound of the attack drowned out Ko Sah's screams of agony as he desperately clutched his ears to muffle the sound. He could feel his hold on Kolt slipping. He was going to loose his host once again. He would be shamed and humiliated worse than before. Nobody would see that his failure before was a fluke. They wouldn't ever know it was a one-off if he failed to bring Kolt in a second time. His vision was growing fuzzy, and he looked around for an opportunity. He found one.

Ko Sah reached out, grabbed a tree at the edge of the parking lot, and uprooted it with all of the strength he could muster. He threw the tree straight at Jenny's back, and it crashed down upon her, pinning her down. With the sonic attack silenced, Ko Sah stood up. He cloaked himself in a shield and stared at Jenny with absolute hatred in his eyes. Ko Sah marched forward, crossing the parking lot. He said nothing. His silence, in the wake of his outgoing demeanor during the fight, spoke volumes. The fight had changed, and he was going to end it. Even if he had to end her. Ko Sah formed a wicked, barbed blade at the end of his arm, wearing it like a gauntlet as he got closer to Jenny.

One less potential host is a small price to pay for his honor.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Titan was once again completely unfazed. If Hawk was a battleship, Titan was evidently Starkiller base. Titan raised one hand across their chest, then swung it backwards at Hawk's face as he approached.

BOOOOM!

The impact sent shockwaves reverberating throughout the training room. Hawk would find himself embedded even deeper into the same crater in the wall he had just pulled himself out of.
As the dust settled, Titan would find that The Other Side/Hawk wasn't even embedded in the wall, as they had planned, but rather standing just three inches away from them, with the claws of their feet embedded into the ground and a minor indent on their head. Even though the Titan was strong, Hawk's Other Side, seemingly, was stronger, though how much stronger exactly was, just like the exact name of them, still a mystery to many, including Hawk. A clicking of the tongue was soon heard from their mouth, followed by the wagging of a claw and the healing of their head. "OK, that was pretty good,," Hawk said as The Other Side regained it's voice and chuckles. Then, in a odd turn of events for those watching, The Other Side suddenly became quite calm and proclaimed "Therefore...we must admit defeat. If what the Champions are fighting are as strong as you...no way we can help." From the outside, it looked like both Hawk and The Other Side were just giving up right there and then. But, unbeknownst to everyone, they had a reason for doing this and their next move would be determined by what Titan does next, as Hawk thinks to the Other Side "Even though this is training, I'll be surprised if they fall for it". The Other Side think-replies back, "If they don't, we'll just repeat what we did on Cygnus 4: Rip & Tear."
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:Titan looked down at the dog, tilting their head. The champion appeared to be trying to gauge the sort of threat the dog posed, and was trying to determine how much strength to use. Determining that the dog did not have any super durability like Hawk did, she simply reached down, picked Ken up with both hands, and carried him over to the edge of the battlefield to drop him off out of the way.
"Darn it, I thought that would have lasted a bit longer."
SeanWolf wrote:"Therefore...we must admit defeat. If what the Champions are fighting are as strong as you...no way we can help." From the outside, it looked like both Hawk and The Other Side were just giving up right there and then. But, unbeknownst to everyone, they had a reason for doing this and their next move would be determined by what Titan does next, as Hawk thinks to the Other Side "Even though this is training, I'll be surprised if they fall for it". The Other Side think-replies back, "If they don't, we'll just repeat what we did on Cygnus 4: Rip & Tear."
"Finally! Now's my chance to use MY firepower! IT'S TIME FOR HEAVY ARTILLERY, KEN! AUTOMATIC BLASTER, NOW!" Ken transforms into a large blaster and starts firing while Brad shrinks down and flanks Titan.

~~~~~~~~~

Nat tries to go back to sleep for a few minutes after Hive left, but he couldn't end up sleeping, so he went over to the running track and started running laps.
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny looked up and groaned as the tree pinned her. She'd managed to turn her attention to it as it had been incoming but, in her weakened state, she'd only managed to slow the projectile to the point where it had pinned her rather than smashing every bone in her body. She actually wasn't quite sure how she'd done that but it didn't see to matter. Moving her arms hurt. In fact it REALLY hurt. She figured she'd fractured her wrists at least, if not breaking them. "I do hope," she woozily told the approaching not-Kolt, "that these words are falling on deaf ears."
----------------
"Hello," Messalca said softly, entering the cell to find the chair and sit in it, watching the occupant and being thankful she hadn't had breakfast yet as her stomach acids played worried games. "And which are you?"
---------------
"Well," Hannabelle said, enjoying the feel of Gear's hand around hers, "they do say you can tell a person by the quality of their enemies. I had some lousy enemies." She chuckled as he rang the bell.
--------------
Corvis' ears pricked up as he heard a Celican female was approaching and his little brain worked out who they were with based solely on the clue that Eira had said his name. "'S gotta be gramma," he said excitedly, his tie flapping as he swept to the door, almost before the bell rang.
"Is the need t' wear clothes a power or a virus," Golten asked the Lycan quietly.
"It's style," Corvis called back, slapping the door open panel.
--------------
Anything you want me to get up to in the meantime, Sana typed, heading back into the kitchen. "So you're a pro breakfast chef as well as a Doctor? Half my family would now be shipping us."
--------------
Sarah kept her own counsel, which was probably best with a mouth full of porridge.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As soon as the tree fell on Jenny, all of Kolt’s confidence turned to fear. No no no, not her too. Please, not her too. He muttered, already terrified she was going to join the far too long list of people he had failed to save. He started struggling, trying to fight off Ko Sah’s control even though he knew it was impossible. He had to do something to save her.

Well, it looks like it is up to our teammates to save us now. Quint noted, his even tone deliberately hiding how worried he was. As he looked upon the possessed form of his partner approaching, he felt the need to say something to try and comfort Jenny. For what it is worth, if this is the end, I am glad I was able to make your acquaintance. Hopefully that would work.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Same, Jenny thought, gritting her teeth against the ground and pain, but 'killed by a tree' is a lousy epitaph and I'm not really wanting to be saved by Gadgeteer right now! Against everything, she strained to channel her power past her damaged arms to her fists in an attempt to try and damage the tree and free herself.
---------------
Jaken, after breakfast, chose to lead the way to a leisure park with a climbing wall and pool.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana ran the scene through her mind, knowing she had two main objectives: Free Jenny, and blast the imposter with as much kinetic energy as her shell would allow. She was the Kinetic King here, bucko!

She threw her rifle to the side and started charging her arm with a kinetic thrum. She took only a moment to compose herself before throwing herself at her foe, not caring about any attack that would come her way. Quickly, she used her other arm to telekinetically grab ahold of the fallen tree and violently pull it into Not Kolt's shield, both to free Jenny, and distract her target. As fast as she was able she delivered a haymaker directly into the side of his shield and unleashed a powerful kinetic blast. The backlash of her strike practically shattered the arm she used for the strike and sent her flying, almost faster than she came, smashing her through a wall.

She did attempt to stay and continue the pressure, but the backlash brought with it a migraine as well, which began to waver her concentration as she tried to get to her knees, more difficult as she was down an arm. As she struggled, she worried her attack still wouldn't be enough to give her team an opening, which brought further annoyance toward herself for not dodging the hit that damaged her voice modulator, thus preventing her from alerting her team to the potential opening.

One thought prevailed through the migraine however: She was going to slap Kolt for being caught off guard when it was all over, and then hug him to apologize for the ear.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:As the dust settled, Titan would find that The Other Side/Hawk wasn't even embedded in the wall, as they had planned, but rather standing just three inches away from them, with the claws of their feet embedded into the ground and a minor indent on their head. Even though the Titan was strong, Hawk's Other Side, seemingly, was stronger, though how much stronger exactly was, just like the exact name of them, still a mystery to many, including Hawk. A clicking of the tongue was soon heard from their mouth, followed by the wagging of a claw and the healing of their head. "OK, that was pretty good,," Hawk said as The Other Side regained it's voice and chuckles. Then, in a odd turn of events for those watching, The Other Side suddenly became quite calm and proclaimed "Therefore...we must admit defeat. If what the Champions are fighting are as strong as you...no way we can help." From the outside, it looked like both Hawk and The Other Side were just giving up right there and then. But, unbeknownst to everyone, they had a reason for doing this and their next move would be determined by what Titan does next, as Hawk thinks to the Other Side "Even though this is training, I'll be surprised if they fall for it". The Other Side think-replies back, "If they don't, we'll just repeat what we did on Cygnus 4: Rip & Tear."
Evidently, Titan didn't forget that they were still fighting, and that there was a lesson to teach. Titan reached out and grabbed Hawk by the leg before whipping him around like a rag doll, slamming him repeatedly into the floor hard enough to pound the ground beneath them into dust.

WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!
WHAM!

By the time she was done treating Hawk like Loki, the floor of the training ground was reduced to a fine sand with every continued blow launching dust and debris into the air, covering the battlefield in a thick cloud of sand. Titan gripped hawk around his abdomen, held him over their shoulder, and hurled him like a javelin at the wall.
furrygamer793 wrote:"Finally! Now's my chance to use MY firepower! IT'S TIME FOR HEAVY ARTILLERY, KEN! AUTOMATIC BLASTER, NOW!" Ken transforms into a large blaster and starts firing while Brad shrinks down and flanks Titan.
Titan barely acknowledged the fact they were getting shot until after dealing with Hawk. Their response was to simply pick the automatic blaster up, ignoring the shots to their chest in the process, put it back in the corner of the room, and point it at the wall.

Titan looked around, using their suit's scanner to locate Brad. Titan saw him running up beside them. In response, Titan lifted a hand up, pressed two fingers together, and snapped them.

It was as though a bomb had gone off. The snap sent out a shockwave that tore up even more of the ground and pulverized the walls and ceiling. Chunks and debris started falling down from above, threatening to land on the combatants below.

furrygamer793 wrote:Nat tries to go back to sleep for a few minutes after Hive left, but he couldn't end up sleeping, so he went over to the running track and started running laps.
Hivemind simply observed as usual, waiting for any sign he might be needed.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hello," Messalca said softly, entering the cell to find the chair and sit in it, watching the occupant and being thankful she hadn't had breakfast yet as her stomach acids played worried games. "And which are you?"
The teenager turned his head to look at Messalca. An odd chill filled the air, and the Celican sighed, looking back up at the ceiling. "Don't know if it matters now. I guess it just... depends on who you ask." He said. "The Government calls me 'Statistic'. The military calls me 'Collateral Damage'. That overgrown lizard alien Warlord called me 'Snack'..."

One of the deputies, looking very green, stood up and stepped outside.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Hannabelle said, enjoying the feel of Gear's hand around hers, "they do say you can tell a person by the quality of their enemies. I had some lousy enemies." She chuckled as he rang the bell.
--------------
Corvis' ears pricked up as he heard a Celican female was approaching and his little brain worked out who they were with based solely on the clue that Eira had said his name. "'S gotta be gramma," he said excitedly, his tie flapping as he swept to the door, almost before the bell rang.
"Is the need t' wear clothes a power or a virus," Golten asked the Lycan quietly.
"It's style," Corvis called back, slapping the door open panel.
When the door opened, The Lycan turned to see it was indeed Gear at the door, along with Hannabelle. "Hey, Gear! I wasn't expecting to see you here. Looks like the date went well."

Gear let Hannabelle enter first, giving a polite "Thank you," to the small doorman. "Hey, Randy. Hey, Eira." The cyborg gave a polite nod to Jenevive. "May I enter, Ma'am? I don't wish to intrude..." He said. His speech wasn't in his usual odd pseudo-southern accent. Instead, it was far more formal than normal. It was the voice he tended to use at his resort when in his Ancient Arbiter costume, or when trying to make a good first impression.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Anything you want me to get up to in the meantime, Sana typed, heading back into the kitchen. "So you're a pro breakfast chef as well as a Doctor? Half my family would now be shipping us."
Once again, the response was immediate. <"I have nothing for you to do at the moment. Have fun.>

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny looked up and groaned as the tree pinned her. She'd managed to turn her attention to it as it had been incoming but, in her weakened state, she'd only managed to slow the projectile to the point where it had pinned her rather than smashing every bone in her body. She actually wasn't quite sure how she'd done that but it didn't see to matter. Moving her arms hurt. In fact it REALLY hurt. She figured she'd fractured her wrists at least, if not breaking them. "I do hope," she woozily told the approaching not-Kolt, "that these words are falling on deaf ears."
Legotron123 wrote:As soon as the tree fell on Jenny, all of Kolt’s confidence turned to fear. No no no, not her too. Please, not her too. He muttered, already terrified she was going to join the far too long list of people he had failed to save. He started struggling, trying to fight off Ko Sah’s control even though he knew it was impossible. He had to do something to save her.

Well, it looks like it is up to our teammates to save us now. Quint noted, his even tone deliberately hiding how worried he was. As he looked upon the possessed form of his partner approaching, he felt the need to say something to try and comfort Jenny. For what it is worth, if this is the end, I am glad I was able to make your acquaintance. Hopefully that would work.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Same, Jenny thought, gritting her teeth against the ground and pain, but 'killed by a tree' is a lousy epitaph and I'm not really wanting to be saved by Gadgeteer right now! Against everything, she strained to channel her power past her damaged arms to her fists in an attempt to try and damage the tree and free herself.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana ran the scene through her mind, knowing she had two main objectives: Free Jenny, and blast the imposter with as much kinetic energy as her shell would allow. She was the Kinetic King here, bucko!

She threw her rifle to the side and started charging her arm with a kinetic thrum. She took only a moment to compose herself before throwing herself at her foe, not caring about any attack that would come her way. Quickly, she used her other arm to telekinetically grab ahold of the fallen tree and violently pull it into Not Kolt's shield, both to free Jenny, and distract her target. As fast as she was able she delivered a haymaker directly into the side of his shield and unleashed a powerful kinetic blast. The backlash of her strike practically shattered the arm she used for the strike and sent her flying, almost faster than she came, smashing her through a wall.

She did attempt to stay and continue the pressure, but the backlash brought with it a migraine as well, which began to waver her concentration as she tried to get to her knees, more difficult as she was down an arm. As she struggled, she worried her attack still wouldn't be enough to give her team an opening, which brought further annoyance toward herself for not dodging the hit that damaged her voice modulator, thus preventing her from alerting her team to the potential opening.

One thought prevailed through the migraine however: She was going to slap Kolt for being caught off guard when it was all over, and then hug him to apologize for the ear.
Ko Sah quickly flicked a finger, sending out a force field that sliced the tree in half as it flung at him. He glanced sideways and redirected the two halves of the tree between him and Tatiana's attack. Her haymaker struck the tree, and the kinetic blast shattered it into splinters. Ko Sah's shields took the rest of the hit with ease. He didn't even look further at Tatiana after that, turning forward to face Jenny. Ko Sah continued stalking forward, when he sent a telekinetic spike straight at where Tatiana's heart would be if she weren't a liquiform.

Ko Sah reached out to Jenny telekinetically. He lifted her off of the ground, spreading her arms and legs to keep her from using her powers or retaliating. He didn't stop there though. His hatred burned hot. He wanted her, and his host, to suffer.

Before he continued, Ko Sah reached out to all of the other teammates as well. He lifted each and every one of them into the air. Tatiana, Ulrich, Traci, Recon, even the unconscious body of Kol and the severely weakened Archangel, all were pulled into the air and suspended. MT was also caught in this telekinetic net. He froze in midair, having lost control over his own motor functions. Their arms and legs were restrained, and Ko Sah turned each and every one of them towards him so they could all see what would come next.

Ko Sah kept pulling Jenny's arms and legs with steadily increasing force until he heard four pops, indicating her arms and legs had been dislocated. He sneered up at her, bringing her closer to him. Without saying another word, Ko Sah gripped Jenny's head and started squeezing. He was going to crush her skull and force her teammates and boyfriend to watch the whole thing.
-Champion Motto