OOC: Lounging Around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: OOC: Lounging Around

Post by Buster »

sure. lets see what you've got.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Here. Just gonna copy-paste my entry.
FlanDab wrote:Character Name: Wazan Eprez

Codename: "Probe"

Color: "Red (FF0040)"

Type: Main

Species/Breed: targon-zik-eniyor dennis

Neighborhood: Beacon Of Hope

Powers: She can teleport, bringing along any article of clothing and possessions on hand, to any point within a kilometer of her sight. She can teleport through transparent walls. She also has the ability to understand any language she encounters, although it does not translate too well to writing. Pictograms and sign language does give her an easier time. Her muteness puts a damper in her enhanced communication skills.

Appearance: A grey-furred canine with lithe limbs. Her eyes are bright yellow, and he stands at around 5 feet 8 inches. She always wears a red scarf with gold stripes. She has a long tail, 2 feet in length, like that of a monkey and has a tuft of yellow fur at the end of it. Her hands have five fingers, and feet has four toes, having the fourth one on his heel. Her feet can function like an extra pair of hands.

Personality: Super curious and inquisitive. She's not known for caution. Bubbly, joyful, and almost always has a smile on her face. Usually likes to make everyone be merry and glad. She's quite sociable and likes to mingle with others. Predisposed towards peace, and rarely panics.

Other notes: She's left handed.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 4
- Perception: 6
- Endurance: 6
- Charisma: 7
- Intelligence: 6
- Agility: 9
- Luck: 4
- Power: 2
I PMed Cyber some mostly irrelevant background info. Would you like them too?
Last edited by FlanDab on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i can see that character working. welcome aboard.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Ooh. Thanks. I'm gonna go ahead, and jump in.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That line isn't quite as effective coming from a rat as it is coming from a heavyweight boxing champion. Still though, Pascal was augmented in more than one way. He can dish out a lot of hurt for such a small character. He's got reason to be confident.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

According to my research, the term "American" was mostly applied to the native residents of the continent until the second half of the 17th century when it began to be applied to the settlers too.
Hence Pepito's confusion. He's from the year 1625.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Oddly, the name on the card says Sirius Nielsson...
Ahh the temptation is truly great...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

okay, jackie, explain please.
worried about Remnant why?
as i tried to hint at with the memory fragment, things in the void linger if his attention slips the bar and it's occupants arent just going to vanish right away. you're in more danger from someone adding something that won't leave, than things going away.

he doesn't age, he doesn't sleep, he can sustain himself just fine from periodic breaks spent under a sunlamp.

his name literally means 'im still still here'. i wasn't even trying to be subtle with that.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Hmm... This seems interesting
Hawkfang42 wrote:Name: Calvin "Calv" Williams

Color: 808000

Type: main

Species: cat, British Shorthair

Neighborhood of origin: Richmond Acres

Appearance: Brown cat, black striped tail, and dark green eyes, wears a pendant from his mother. Four feet tall, slightly skinny. His underbelly has brighter brown than the back and he has dark brown stripes on his back

personality: Energetic, kind, dislikes nut milk, likes board games, and loves books. Kind to other pets. Or, was. He hasn't acted the same since his brother died. Acts nervous and sometimes even angry around humans. Sometimes he just stares off into the stars, he likes writing, but is too nervous to publish his books, and nervous around dogs, but a lot less than humans. He can stand sci- fi but will rather go with fantasy, unless, of course, the sci- fi is Star Wars. He doesn't like horror movies, they are too cliché and stupid.

Special:
-strength 2
-perception 8
-endurance 6
-charisma 5
-Intelligence 9
-agility 7
-luck 5

Other notes: He has no owners, he came to Richmond Acres to get away from his new owners (who were not good people) after his old owner died, his brother Hawk died of a bad fever a week after they moved there, his parents died from overworking and undereating as the new owners forced the pets to work and did not give them much food. Will bite anyone who so much as touches his pendant. Writing helps calm him down. His nickname, Calv, was given to him by his brother Hawk
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

while i typically don't do this, For the moment i'm reserving judgment on whether or not to approve the character, pending a bit of clarification, given our history, you and i.

firstly, you are aware this setting takes place entirely within a single building completely divorced from the rest of the space time continuum, and surrounded by a featureless white void akin to the one within the Room of Spirit and Time, correct?

Secondly, you should be aware that i'm able to eject characters/players at any time, and while i intend for that only to be used to deal with troublemakers, or to clean up characters hat have been idle for months, should i deem it necessary to do so that's the end of the discussion.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay; one, I understand; two, what the heck is the room of spirit and time?
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

A plot device from dragon ball, that i was using as a visual reference.
point is it's a featureless white void that seemingly goes on forever with no clear horizon or indications of distance.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I understand... How do they leave?
The interdimentional lounge
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the only way in or out is a sort of "wandering door". It's a piece of magi-tech built into the door frame of the front door, it connects to other entryways in other time periods/worlds/realities making one side of the door appear there, the other side appear here.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay, so kind of like Howl's Moving Casle.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, since that seems to be it for that, you're good to go.

EDIT:
and in addition to a new character being added it seems IamJackieChun & FlanDab are both in danger of being ejected. I've PM'ed both but if any of you know alternate means of contacting them it would be appreciated.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

so, who's waiting on what?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I can post it seems, but probably not today. Got a graduation to attend.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm waiting on xhunter, I think.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Calvin's brother does look just like him, they are twins after all, just saying this to avoid confusion about my post.

Edit: Also, who is the other person, I cant find her in the ooc for lounging around?
Edit 2: found Strike's character sheet, guess she needs an anatomy lesson.
That was a horrible joke,
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

this place doesn't really work that well, and i'm starting to see that the problem may be my approach to it.
in the RP its derived from, the bar was the one quiet place in an otherwise chaotic and PVP heavy RP where every event and thread was the same cast in a different scenario instead of seperate groups... the bar's ever present shenanigans were a product of the regulars letting off steam between 'quests', not my failed attempts at throwaway lines getting ballooned into an unwanted plothook (getting the POST working is an impossible task, he was supposed to try, fail, and move on. not poke at it and then ask for help repeatedly forever.), or newbies who have no idea what they're doing getting confused.

like picture if every thread was a variant of BOH, but without as much of the downtime between missions, and the other team are actual players most of the time.

trying to copy that directly and assuming i would get the same or atleast a similar result was shortsighted. this forum is structured basically opposite to that, and i don't know how to work around that, so everything keeps stalling out...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I 'borrowed' from a Welsh legend there - obviously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lludd_and_Llefelys
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Buster wrote:(getting the POST working is an impossible task, he was supposed to try, fail, and move on. not poke at it and then ask for help repeatedly forever.)
Aw darn. XD

At least there's a way out now I suppose. Miles would continue to poke at it until he couldn't do anything or things got out of his control.

Ah well.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:this place doesn't really work that well, and i'm starting to see that the problem may be my approach to it.
in the RP its derived from, the bar was the one quiet place in an otherwise chaotic and PVP heavy RP where every event and thread was the same cast in a different scenario instead of seperate groups... the bar's ever present shenanigans were a product of the regulars letting off steam between 'quests', not my failed attempts at throwaway lines getting ballooned into an unwanted plothook (getting the POST working is an impossible task, he was supposed to try, fail, and move on. not poke at it and then ask for help repeatedly forever.), or newbies who have no idea what they're doing getting confused.

like picture if every thread was a variant of BOH, but without as much of the downtime between missions, and the other team are actual players most of the time.

trying to copy that directly and assuming i would get the same or atleast a similar result was shortsighted. this forum is structured basically opposite to that, and i don't know how to work around that, so everything keeps stalling out...
might I ask what RP this is derived from?
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

it's a failed attempt to clone "Moxzorz's" which was one of the only threads in the CRFH forum's RP area that didn't routinely involve gunshots and explosions. back before said forum went the way of john cleese's parrot.

Rem is a direct port of Remnant, my first and longest lasting character over there, named after my old user-name there, which itself was a reference to another RP character (The AI avatar Rembrandt of the Siege Perilous II Class Remnant of Fear) i played in one of the guild forums (which was Andromeda themed) on Gaia Online even before that. Remnant started out as a cross between a Replicator (stargate) & a T-1000, merged with an extradimensional super-soldier Marvel Symbiote style, got separated from him and turned into a Deceptacon Seeker, then got zapped by his own invention the Retcon Beam (basically god-tier reality warper powers in Pew-Pew-Gun form), and was turned into a shapeshifting technorganic tree who's disguise of choice is a ferret. and he's actually pretty tame and underpowered by their standards.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

So it has been a while since the last time this RP has any new posted. As much as I hate to do this, I gotta ask. Are you guys ready for this RP to end ?