2019/12/04 - A Taste of Heaven

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2013/12/04 - A Taste of Heaven

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Looks like Breel and Kitsune are actually having a great relationship with each other so maybe Kitsune will pop over to see Keene more often. Nice to see that Breel has friends outside of Keene.
I have no problem thinking that Breel has friends all over the neighborhood. Though his excitement at having visitors makes me wonder....
Well, maybe that's part of Breel's charm. He's just one of these souls who makes you think you're one of the most beloved and important people in his life. Oh, and cookies. Gotta remember the cookies.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

D-Rock wrote:Infinity is kinda hard to grasp, so just nod, Marion.
Infinity is a fun concept. If he has an infinity amount of time and he has to stay an infinity amount of time in the office, it doesn't mean he has no free time - in the contrary, he also has an infinity amount of free time... So that's NO excuse to not bother Keen with his presence. ^^

On the other paw, I would love to see a day of his work... maybe a mini arc?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'm sure people have asked before, but did Keene ever interact with Kitsu? Now that I think about it, I don't think the two have ever been on the same page before. Or at least not while they were in the same room.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nobody wrote:I'm sure people have asked before, but did Keene ever interact with Kitsu? Now that I think about it, I don't think the two have ever been on the same page before. Or at least not while they were in the same room.
They were in the same room during Temple Crashers 2, especially at the end near the mana pool. And presumably he told them what was going on before they came down to Earth (along with Summer, Spring and Rufus) so they have had some interaction.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Obviously because they were in that room at the same time they had to have SOME sort of exchange even if it was just minor so I'm sure Keene has an inkling about what Kitsune is capable of.
CobaltLion

Post by CobaltLion »

Render wrote:
Infinity is a fun concept. If he has an infinity amount of time and he has to stay an infinity amount of time in the office, it doesn't mean he has no free time - in the contrary, he also has an infinity amount of free time... So that's NO excuse to not bother Keen with his presence. ^^
I still feel that even if I had an infinite amount of time for everything, I'd still mismanage my time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CobaltLion wrote:
Render wrote:
I still feel that even if I had an infinite amount of time for everything, I'd still mismanage my time.
So would Kitsune.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that most of us would probably end up mismanaging our time if we had an infinite amount. :lol:
Gr8fulFox

Post by Gr8fulFox »

Aww, Kitsune looks just ADORABLE in this comic! ^.^
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

As always, the art is great with this strip. the perspective shot of small Keene in front of Lois looks really good and with such a small palette Great Kitsune still seems incredibly soft and fluffy. Well done.
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Nobody wrote:So, apparently Breel's got better at cooking since the last time we saw him do it.
I think he was already good at cooking, the problem was that you can't replicate heavenly recipes in the mortal realm. When Breel switched to cooking something normal, he was successful.
But then they wouldn't be "heavenly" :?.
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Champion Wallace wrote:As always, the art is great with this strip. the perspective shot of small Keene in front of Lois looks really good and with such a small palette Great Kitsune still seems incredibly soft and fluffy. Well done.
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Nobody wrote:So, apparently Breel's got better at cooking since the last time we saw him do it.
I think he was already good at cooking, the problem was that you can't replicate heavenly recipes in the mortal realm. When Breel switched to cooking something normal, he was successful.
Not literally, no, but then no one in our universe uses the term heavenly literally.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Not literally, no, but then no one in our universe uses the term heavenly literally.
Literally untrue. I'd imagine many priests and vicars mean it literally.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote: Not literally, no, but then no one in our universe uses the term heavenly literally.
Wouldn't that be blasphemous?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wouldn't that be blasphemous?
Only if they use it in the non-literal sense.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that they use the word "heavenly" as much as they use the world "heaven".
Champion Wallace

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:As always, the art is great with this strip. the perspective shot of small Keene in front of Lois looks really good and with such a small palette Great Kitsune still seems incredibly soft and fluffy. Well done.
VeryAngryDeer wrote:I think he was already good at cooking, the problem was that you can't replicate heavenly recipes in the mortal realm. When Breel switched to cooking something normal, he was successful.
Not literally, no, but then no one in our universe uses the term heavenly literally.
It was Kitsune who used the term and he's not from our universe.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Champion Wallace wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:As always, the art is great with this strip. the perspective shot of small Keene in front of Lois looks really good and with such a small palette Great Kitsune still seems incredibly soft and fluffy. Well done.But then they wouldn't be "heavenly" :?.
It was Kitsune who used the term and he's not from our universe.
Neither is anyone in the webcomic (assuming Gallifrax wasn't supposed to be our dimension.)

My point was to say that the use of the term heavenly is far more commonly figurative than literal, even if there are exceptions that others have pointed out. A character, even a Celestial, calling the cookies heavenly does not mean they are being literal even if they were baked by a former denizen of heaven.

Given the nature of the Celestial in question, good-natured sarcastic irony is not unlikely.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since the Celestial in question loves to tease and confound anybody that interacts with him and speaks in riddles sometimes, I'm 100% sure that his statement was just some light ribbing.
Champion Wallace

I was being facetious with my "heavenly" comment. My bad for trying to convey that with a single smilie.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Champion Wallace wrote:I was being facetious with my "heavenly" comment. My bad for trying to convey that with a single smilie.
I'm sorry, I couldn't tell.

It can be hard to read dry sarcasm when its all in text, because it looks exactly like something said in all seriousness. Its why I, despite having a dry sense of humour, always try to make sure my jokes read differently to how I normally write.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I find it hard to read any emotions in text hence why a big chunk of the time I assume that when someone writes something as a reply to me I believe it tends to be a jab at me.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I find it hard to read any emotions in text hence why a big chunk of the time I assume that when someone writes something as a reply to me I believe it tends to be a jab at me.
It happens a lot. You go on the Internet, make an observation, or even agree with someone, and that person assumes you're arguing with them.

Its unfortunate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really need to learn not to assume the worst and get all defensive because it makes me look even more belligerent and not friendly at all. >_<
Vertigo Fox

Re: 2019/12/04 - A Taste of Heaven

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Best thing I've found to do is just give people the benefit of the doubt. Try acting nice even when the other person seems not to be. Then if you do get into a run a marathon contest you have an excuse!

Or walk into the middle of someone else's argument and act like you own the place. The result will at least be amusing. :)
As Terry Pratchett once said, carry a clipboard and mutter angrily.

EDIT: Censorship again! I laugh. I laugh. this one seems strangely appropriate...
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I don't know who Terry Pratchett but the advice is sound. As a young officer in the Pentagon, a building with a large number of very high ranking officers patrolling the corridors, I learned very quickly to avoid being accosted to move with a strong aura of deliberate purpose, a large manila folder under one arm (brief cases did not work, had to be a manila folder), and a fixed facial expression of grim urgency.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You actually worked at the Pentagon at one point? That is very interesting! Its intriguing what you can find out about people over time. :D