2019/11/08 - Our Founder

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2019/11/08 - Our Founder

Post by NHWestoN »

Cesco wrote:Oh, so by saying that, Lois hasn't seen and felt anything right before and during the transforming... :? It happened suddenly. She can't know a reason of why she got transformed, of course... :roll: Contagious? It couldn't be either... Lana can't reply that, as seems, and yes, it sounds like a "no". :P Eheh, cool motivational message by Keene, we should follow it. :D
u always do such a fun job laying out the comic, Cesco. Thanks.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I get the feeling that Lana is incredibly annoyed with Keene and will persistently demand answers from Keene. LOL
It would not be good news for a ferret to have a bobcat mad at you.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

Nobody wrote:I'm starting to think Robotech Master, who suggested the last panel implies Lana suspects Keene, might be right. He's done and said some things that are pretty suspicious. I don't think Keene is behind this (as I have said at great and needless length while overdosed on methylphenidate), but I could totally see how people suspecting him and that having backlash against him within the narrative would totally fit in with the theme of not getting what you want. Keene wants to use Marion for his own purposes - even if he doesn't want to transform the world (again, I don't think he does), he at the very least wants to use the possibility of transformation to spur people into supporting human-animal equality. But that's not treating Marion as a person, but as a thing to be used, which is not a good thing. He wants human-animal equality, which the narrative frames as good, but he wants it so much he's willing to essentially ignore people's rights to get it. That's going to come back to bite him, I think.
I can just see Lana starting to wonder whether Keene has, in fact, been practicing what his motivational portrait preaches. He is, after all, known for off-the-wall scheming. (The squirt gun war…all that plotting concerning Pete's temple...the hot spring episode…etc.) If you cry wolf and no wolf shows up, people don't trust you...but if you become known for trying to sneak wolves in through the back door, people start casting gimlet eyes in your direction whenever one shows up.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Robotech_Master wrote:
Nobody wrote:I'm starting to think Robotech Master, who suggested the last panel implies Lana suspects Keene, might be right. He's done and said some things that are pretty suspicious. I don't think Keene is behind this (as I have said at great and needless length while overdosed on methylphenidate), but I could totally see how people suspecting him and that having backlash against him within the narrative would totally fit in with the theme of not getting what you want. Keene wants to use Marion for his own purposes - even if he doesn't want to transform the world (again, I don't think he does), he at the very least wants to use the possibility of transformation to spur people into supporting human-animal equality. But that's not treating Marion as a person, but as a thing to be used, which is not a good thing. He wants human-animal equality, which the narrative frames as good, but he wants it so much he's willing to essentially ignore people's rights to get it. That's going to come back to bite him, I think.
I can just see Lana starting to wonder whether Keene has, in fact, been practicing what his motivational portrait preaches. He is, after all, known for off-the-wall scheming. (The squirt gun war…all that plotting concerning Pete's temple...the hot spring episode…etc.) If you cry wolf and no wolf shows up, people don't trust you...but if you become known for trying to sneak wolves in through the back door, people start casting gimlet eyes in your direction whenever one shows up.
Your theory makes me think that Keene never really learned anything from his past mistakes (his speech that he did in a past strip would then just be smoke and mirrors) and is actually the main antagonist of this arc. Cause he wants the ECP to be successful, he is taking drastic measures by turning random folks into animals as a sort of 'hostage situation', meaning that as long as the ECP doesn't succeed, then more humans will become animals.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Robotech_Master

What's the matter, Lana? Do you think Keene
Was involved in making a new bobcat?
Do you believe he's pulling on some strings
Even though he swore that he would stop that?

Keene said that he would "make a thing of it"
But his pic counsels prevarication
Now Lana wonders if her brother's wit
Is to blame for Lois' transformation.

Lois herself can offer no new clues
To why they two are covered now in fur
And Keene's advice, Lana herself must use
To cover what she doesn't know for sure

But from that look, she's going to get right on it
To shake down Keene—hey, look! Another sonnet!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

SeanWolf wrote: Your theory makes me think that Keene never really learned anything from his past mistakes (his speech that he did in a past strip would then just be smoke and mirrors) and is actually the main antagonist of this arc. Cause he wants the ECP to be successful, he is taking drastic measures by turning random folks into animals as a sort of 'hostage situation', meaning that as long as the ECP doesn't succeed, then more humans will become animals.
Keene doesn’t have to be the main antagonist just a player. This can go three ways, either Keene uses the changes for his own personal gain to boost the ECP which judging by his reaction to Marion is the safe bet OR he actively strives to influence the changes himself once he finds the source of the transformations to boost the ECP OR he wants to stop the changes so this doesn’t come back to bite him and the ECP doesn’t get flooded with therianthropes instead of actual natural animals like it was intended. When you think about it how many animals are apart of the ECP. If you count the wolf pack as one unit and Gale and Pueblo as one unit then that’s only two natural animals versus the three therianthropes so it’s already being used for something other than it’s intended purpose.
Nobody wrote: I'm starting to think Robotech Master, who suggested the last panel implies Lana suspects Keene, might be right. He's done and said some things that are pretty suspicious. I don't think Keene is behind this (as I have said at great and needless length while overdosed on methylphenidate), but I could totally see how people suspecting him and that having backlash against him within the narrative would totally fit in with the theme of not getting what you want. Keene wants to use Marion for his own purposes - even if he doesn't want to transform the world (again, I don't think he does), he at the very least wants to use the possibility of transformation to spur people into supporting human-animal equality. But that's not treating Marion as a person, but as a thing to be used, which is not a good thing. He wants human-animal equality, which the narrative frames as good, but he wants it so much he's willing to essentially ignore people's rights to get it. That's going to come back to bite him, I think.
Keene’s schemes coming back to bite him?! Gasp, when has that ever happened (he said sarcastically)?
Keene has been using animals and people for years. I’ve said repeatedly Keene is and will use Marion to boost the ECP and Keene practically said so himself. The only thing he has to worry about is getting this under control. Like the temple he’s going to use them in a loosely controlled environment and if things don’t work out then withdraw. Keene is not a fool and is not an idiot (contrary to evidence that’s says otherwise) so he most likely has a few ideas of what is really going on just like the rest of us. If not, he’s at least smart enough to seek the guidance of those who do which I think will be the next step on this journey. Whether or not Keene uses the knowledge for evil is the question.
Go get help from the people who know what they’re doing! Tarot, Sabrina, and Kitsune.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

fenrirblack wrote:Keene’s schemes coming back to bite him?! Gasp, when has that ever happened (he said sarcastically)?
I mean, it's going to start coming back on the personal level. He's faced punishment in whatever demon-world he got briefly stuck in, but that's something a guy could easily just shrug off as unfair and not what he deserved. And he got a boyfriend out of it, and it's had no lasting impact. On some level he's trying to do better, but it hasn't actually cost him anything yet.
I think we might be coming up on the point where his siblings and close friends are going to start doing more than rolling their eyes at him. That, I think, will probably penetrate his skull a bit more than anything else.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Nobody wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Keene’s schemes coming back to bite him?! Gasp, when has that ever happened (he said sarcastically)?
I mean, it's going to start coming back on the personal level. He's faced punishment in whatever demon-world he got briefly stuck in, but that's something a guy could easily just shrug off as unfair and not what he deserved. And he got a boyfriend out of it, and it's had no lasting impact. On some level he's trying to do better, but it hasn't actually cost him anything yet.
I think we might be coming up on the point where his siblings and close friends are going to start doing more than rolling their eyes at him. That, I think, will probably penetrate his skull a bit more than anything else.
Well he did kind of deserve it. He did send a bunch of pets into a literal death trap and if not for Tarot’s interference they could have died. All so he could bypass the death traps himself because of a magic scroll and access the mana to do who knows what to the universe. Then he unleashed unspeakable evil into the world and if it for Breel being kidnapped would’ve walked away with the others. But none of his schemes have cost him anything besides some mild inconveniences. He’s still rich, he still has Breel, he’s still not in jail, even when he died he came back almost immediately, and all his enemies were turned into animals.
Keene wants good things for the world but he has a tendency to literally use anyone and anything to do it without thinking about the long term consequences or who is being hurt because he has enough money to throw at his problems and an army of lawyers to protect his interests. The trip to Hell was literally the first time money and the Milton name couldn’t get him out of trouble, but what did he do instead? He made a deal with a literal demon and one day that will have serious consequences.
Again he is protected even from this “plague” because there is no way to prove that the Milton’s are responsible without proof. Until any type of evidence is presented they are protected. No one can even prove that Marion is or isn’t contagious or shouldn’t be allowed out side his home or a hamster ball. All they have to do is give a half hearted speech and say they’ll looking into the transformations and subdue any negative media attention that might come about which even then will be fleeting because they will latch onto the next controversy literally a week later leaving this one forgotten.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Well he did kind of deserve it. He did send a bunch of pets into literal death trap and if not for Tarot’s interference they could have died. All so he could bypass the death traps himself because of a magic scroll and access the mana to do who knows what to the universe. Then he unleashed unspeakable evil into the world and if it for Breel being kidnapped would’ve walked away with the others. But none of his schemes have cost him anything besides some mild inconveniences. He’s still rich, he still has Breel, he’s still not in jail, even when he died he came back almost immediately, and all his enemies were turned into animals.
Keene wants good things for the world but he has a tendency to literally use anyone and anything to do it without thinking about the long term consequences or who is being hurt because he has enough money to throw at his problems and an army of lawyers to protect his interests. The trip to Hell was literally the first time money and the Milton name couldn’t get him out of trouble, but what did he do instead? He made a deal with a literal demon and one day that will have serious consequences.
Again he is protected even from this “plague” because there is no way to prove that the Milton’s are responsible without proof. Until any type of evidence is presented they are protected. No one can even prove that Marion is or isn’t contagious or shouldn’t be allowed out side his home or a hamster ball. All they have to do is give a half hearted speech and say they’ll looking into the transformations and subdue any negative media attention that might come about which even then will be fleeting because they will latch onto the next controversy literally a week later leaving this one forgotten.
I think the point was that while Keene deserved it, it was the kind of impersonal situation that could allow him to convince himself he didn't deserve it.

Eudoant would have done what he did to Keene regardless of whether Keene deserved it. The Milton Ferrets turning their back on him for his behaviour? That would force him to confront his actions directly.
Robotech_Master

I never got the chance to say thank you
After you found me and, at last, believed.
School was a bigger bite than I could chew
You took charge at once, and I was relieved.

The last few days have been so Kafkaesque
I woke up a squirrel, tiny and feeble
It’s like I’m trapped inside some bad burlesque
At least I didn’t end up as a beetle.

Seeking answers, you brought me to the zoo
We both thought the idea had some merit
I never meant this curse to land on you.
Leading to you yelling at a ferret

I’m really sorry that this happened--quite.
But misery loves company, all right?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: I think the point was that while Keene deserved it, it was the kind of impersonal situation that could allow him to convince himself he didn't deserve it.

Eudoant would have done what he did to Keene regardless of whether Keene deserved it. The Milton Ferrets turning their back on him for his behaviour? That would force him to confront his actions directly.
He did recognize that he did deserve it and strived to make a change. The problem is that Keene is hard headed and again hasn't faced real consequences or real punishment. He can recognize his faults but is incapable of actually really making legitimate choices to fix them.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote: I think the point was that while Keene deserved it, it was the kind of impersonal situation that could allow him to convince himself he didn't deserve it.

He did recognize that he did deserve it and strived to make a change. The problem is that Keene is hard headed and again hasn't faced real consequences or real punishment. He can recognize his faults but is incapable of actually really making legitimate choices to fix them.
Fair enough.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

fenrirblack wrote:

Academically, perhaps. But there's a difference between telling yourself you understand what you've done and really understanding it on the emotional level that drives you to make actual changes in your life. Believe me, I'm more than familiar with that little fact of life. Keene may be trying and he may think he's succeeding, but the fact that he's still thinking about people as things to be used for his own goals - even if they are noble goals - shows he's kinda missed the point. He hasn't learned to empathize with others. People have called him out on the EFFECTS of his actions, but not his motives. Basically, they've treated the symptom, not the disease. If his actions were to have the consequence of his long-term friends and family backing away from him, he might put two and two together.

Or . . . or if it were to turn out that Steward was manipulating Keene for his own purposes - even if what Steward was trying to do was helping Keene get what he wanted because it would also benefit Steward now - that might also drive it home to Keene what it is he's doing and why it's wrong.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Nobody wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:

Academically, perhaps. But there's a difference between telling yourself you understand what you've done and really understanding it on the emotional level that drives you to make actual changes in your life. Believe me, I'm more than familiar with that little fact of life. Keene may be trying and he may think he's succeeding, but the fact that he's still thinking about people as things to be used for his own goals - even if they are noble goals - shows he's kinda missed the point. He hasn't learned to empathize with others. People have called him out on the EFFECTS of his actions, but not his motives. Basically, they've treated the symptom, not the disease. If his actions were to have the consequence of his long-term friends and family backing away from him, he might put two and two together.

Or . . . or if it were to turn out that Steward was manipulating Keene for his own purposes - even if what Steward was trying to do was helping Keene get what he wanted because it would also benefit Steward now - that might also drive it home to Keene what it is he's doing and why it's wrong.
He clearly missed the point. Even with the spa, he didn't do that out of the goodness of his heart and that speech about making a lasting symbol of equality and animal liberation shows that he is going out of his way to animal's lives better because he thinks that they deserve better out of a sense of loyalty to Henry and because he is a animal too. Not for the animals themselves but for the ideal. In other words he's doing it because he believes it is right not because he is actively striving to make the world a better place for the good of everyone. He's doing the right thing but not for the right reason sort of. It's complicated ethical conundrum that I can't explain well. He even pointed out that the spa is pittance. He's trying to make up for his wrong doing because he thinks its the right thing because society tells him too not because he internally wants too. It's not really wrong to want to do good things for selfish reasons, that's being human and flawed, as long as you aren't hurting anyone in the process which keene more often does.
King/Joel had a similar problem. He wanted to help animals not for the sake of the animals but to fill this void in his heart and to make up for what he perceived as crimes against animals inflicted by humans. Deep down he had serious anger towards animals and serious mother issues and daddy issues.

So many need therapy.
Peanut and Grape need couples counseling
Tarot still has issues from being Dragon's avatar.
Max needs to get over his dependency issues
King has serious mother issues and Daddy issues
Keene has daddy issues and other issues with morality.
Tiger has so many problems it's not funny.
Marion and Lois are going to need therapy to adjust to animal life.
I would say Bino could use some but it might be too late.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

fenrirblack wrote:
So many need therapy.
The list goes on,

Fox has trust issues
Bailey and Jessica need anger management
etc

I'd say Zach, Marvin, Ralph and Miles are probably the only ones that probably don't :P
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
So many need therapy.
The list goes on,

Fox has trust issues
etc

I'd say Zach, Marvin, Ralph and Miles are probably the only ones that probably don't :P
Miles teaches high school. Give him a little while and he'll end up needing therapy.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

fenrirblack wrote: Tiger has so many problems it's not funny.
I take issue with that one, it's extremely funny.
And Marvin does need therapy cause anyone who can be sane and patient around that must have something wrong with them. The alternative is having scientists kidnap him and dissect his brain to figure out how he does it.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Vertigo Fox wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Tiger has so many problems it's not funny.
I take issue with that one, it's extremely funny.
And Marvin does need therapy cause anyone who can be sane and patient around that must have something wrong with them. The alternative is having scientists kidnap him and dissect his brain to figure out how he does it.
I really believe that Marvin does what he does to protect Tiger from everyone else and to protect everyone else from Tiger. Marvin in his own way is the most pure and noble character. It is the worst shame that he is so underdeveloped.
Sir Chestnut wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
So many need therapy.
The list goes on,

Fox has trust issues
etc

Fox has been kidnapped twice so he might need some therapy for that but what he really needs is a girlfriend.
Bailey and Jess, those are just their personalities. It is not so much a problem that needs fixing.
Sabrina, Fido, Zach, Marvin are the most well adjusted characters in the series. The other unlisted characters are just quirky and a bit odd but not exactly unusual. They just have dynamic personalities.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Too bad with all of his well-adjusted to society that Marvin keeps on enabling Tiger and sooner or later it won't be too pretty.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote: Fox has been kidnapped twice so he might need some therapy for that but what he really needs is a girlfriend.
He HAS a Girlfriend. Fact is he has two. Only thing is they were both dead before he met them.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Too bad with all of his well-adjusted to society that Marvin keeps on enabling Tiger and sooner or later it won't be too pretty.
it's NEVER been pretty with Tiger. That's his charm.

I would enjoy seeing Maxwell and Marvin do something together. There seems to be just a pinch of rivalry between them but nothing too frenetic. Martin's another character (like Daisy or Rex) who could use a little more on-stage time. Or so thinks I.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Fox has been kidnapped twice so he might need some therapy for that but what he really needs is a girlfriend.
He HAS a Girlfriend. Fact is he has two. Only thing is they were both dead before he met them.

I've wondered how that might turn into a problem if Fox meets someone, you know, living. Will he feel like he's cheating?

Its clear that a pet psychologist could have a career centered around Babylon Gardens, but if all these pets were normal it wouldn't be as much fun.

And, what kind of dog is Tiger, anyway?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
And, what kind of dog is Tiger, anyway?
No one knows. He’s he a mutt in the truest sense of the word. That can be the next Tiger and Marvin one-off. He gets one of those dog DNA tests off the internet and Marvin reads the results. It’s just this long list of breeds then starts listing off other species like “Coyote, Dingo, Hyena? What is this? Fox, Wolverine....Komodo Dragon?!” I laugh but I would not be that surprised. Someone with talent make this a guest strip.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Turns out he actually is part tiger...
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

NHWestoN wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Too bad with all of his well-adjusted to society that Marvin keeps on enabling Tiger and sooner or later it won't be too pretty.
it's NEVER been pretty with Tiger. That's his charm.

I would enjoy seeing Maxwell and Marvin do something together. There seems to be just a pinch of rivalry between them but nothing too frenetic. Martin's another character (like Daisy or Rex) who could use a little more onstage time. Or so thinks I.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Too bad that is not gonna happen as the comic creator has decided that Marvin should only be a bit character who shows up once every few years. Since the creator decided it, so shall it will be. :geek:

And no, I wasn't insulting Rick when I said that.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Vertigo Fox wrote:Turns out he actually is part tiger...
That's not going to help his psyche at all...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Too bad that is not gonna happen as the comic creator has decided that Marvin should only be a bit character who shows up once every few years. Since the creator decided it, so shall it will be. :geek:

No, understood … and I've gone on about this before with other comic artists. Some characters, especially early ones, just kinda fade. Tiger, for example, can stand on his own while Marvin just seems doomed to the role of straight man and cannot find his own footing (or someone else to "play with" like Maxwell or Sabrina). A bit too bad, though, but maybe Rick will find a role for him someday.... :|
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

NHWestoN wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Too bad that is not gonna happen as the comic creator has decided that Marvin should only be a bit character who shows up once every few years. Since the creator decided it, so shall it will be. :geek:

No, understood … and I've gone on about this before with other comic artists. Some characters, especially early ones, just kinda fade. Tiger, for example, can stand on his own while Marvin just seems doomed to the role of straight man and cannot find his own footing (or someone else to "play with" like Maxwell or Sabrina). A bit too bad, though, but maybe Rick will find a role for him someday.... :|
Thing is, Tiger NEEDS a straight man. Without Marvin, Tiger isn't nearly as funny.
Robotech_Master

I keep getting this image of Marion as a frustrated poet…

I won't compare you to a summer's day
As 'temperate and lovely' as you be
"So I look 'hot,' is what you're trying to say?"
And then you'd prob'ly come and clobber me.

I know that you're not feeling at your best.
Our situation's not exactly simple
But on the bright side--don't be so depressed.
At least you'll never have another pimple!

If never we regain our human forms
I know that you will still remain unbeaten.
We'll stick together through both sun and storms
I only hope that I do not get eaten.

No matter if we're wearing clothes or fur
It's only you for me, and that's for sure.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Nobody wrote:
Sir Chestnut wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
So many need therapy.
The list goes on,

Fox has trust issues
etc

Miles teaches high school. Give him a little while and he'll end up needing therapy.
Zach not needing therapy... *Laughes in irrational and rational bunny fear*, also he and Marvin live with Tiger, that's enough for therapy I feel. Lucky we have Mungo who not only doesn't need therapy, he can actively provide it
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What sort of therapy can he provide other than letting everybody that needs it pet him? :?:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Pretty confident Lana is starting to think that it's time to investigate Keene. while she may seem to treat everything as fun and cute, something tells me when she's challenged she can possibly be worse than Keene.

also - seriously? therapy talk? x3

What the pets go through isn't going to break them. While Tiger and Bino are clear contenders, the other pets actually resolved their issues and mostly don't let it bother them as much. King does bring up therapy, but that depends on the individual, and Marion is, as King says, a contender.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Agreed with everyone who says that Keene needs to be investigated and made to come clean. He very clearly has been keeping not only Marion, Marion's family, and Lois in the dark, but also Lana by the looks of it, and she of all people needs to have mission-critical info about potential future transformations and transformation causes on hand! Fox & King likely won't be too happy either, and neither will Breel. If Keene is doing something truly underhanded, he's hurting his chances of getting to go to Heaven with Breel, and ending up in Eudoant's clutches once again.

There's also the chance that Keene is being framed in order to bring the ECP down, as others have speculated. Or nobody's trying to actually bring the ECP down and this is just a series of accidents brought on by something or someone. I still have some money down on Steward experimenting with the coin to try to figure out a way to turn back, and winding up accidentally turning others into animals remotely.

Whatever happens, Keene is going to need to do some major explaining about all the transformation causes he knows of. This will in all likelihood lead Marion and Co. back to the treehouse were Steward, Craig & Draig get involved.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Bill in OK wrote:Contagious? Hmmmm. Shades of Endtown.
Hey, as long as it doesn't get to shades of Stratholme, we should be fine.
fenrirblack wrote:He did recognize that he did deserve it and strived to make a change. The problem is that Keene is hard headed and again hasn't faced real consequences or real punishment. He can recognize his faults but is incapable of actually really making legitimate choices to fix them.
Huh....
I guess you were right, Fenris.
This story really IS a lot like Bojack Horseman.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ash Greytree wrote:Agreed with everyone who says that Keene needs to be investigated and made to come clean. He very clearly has been keeping not only Marion, Marion's family, and Lois in the dark, but also Lana by the looks of it, and she of all people needs to have mission-critical info about potential future transformations and transformation causes on hand! Fox & King likely won't be too happy either, and neither will Breel. If Keene is doing something truly underhanded, he's hurting his chances of getting to go to Heaven with Breel, and ending up in Eudoant's clutches once again.

There's also the chance that Keene is being framed in order to bring the ECP down, as others have speculated. Or nobody's trying to actually bring the ECP down and this is just a series of accidents brought on by something or someone. I still have some money down on Steward experimenting with the coin to try to figure out a way to turn back, and winding up accidentally turning others into animals remotely.

Whatever happens, Keene is going to need to do some major explaining about all the transformation causes he knows of. This will in all likelihood lead Marion and Co. back to the treehouse were Steward, Craig & Draig get involved.
Oh, we're not done with the treehouse yet!
… and Lana may turn out to be a pivotal figure.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

NHWestoN wrote:Oh, we're not done with the treehouse yet!
… and Lana may turn out to be a pivotal figure.
I hope so. It would be nice to see one of the ferrets other than Keene be important to the story for a change. Not that I dislike Keene, I'd just like to see a little more variety in the focus.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing that also but Keene WAS the leader and the one who thought up the ECP in the first place so we ended up seeing him more.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Nobody wrote:It would be nice to see one of the ferrets other than Keene be important to the story for a change. Not that I dislike Keene, I'd just like to see a little more variety in the focus.
We need more Duke in our lives.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Silly Zealot wrote:We need more Duke in our lives.
Which one was Duke?