HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Nathan Kerbonaut

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Hey, we're supposed to give to you gifts! You're too generous, because these arcs sound exciting (especially "UltraViral Epidemic" :o). Hope you had a good one!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Hey, we're supposed to give to you gifts! You're too generous, because these arcs sound exciting (especially "UltraViral Epidemic" :o). Hope you had a good one!
I did have a good one (we're not celebrating it 'till Saturday as my family as off work then, so I spent the day playing Outer Worlds on Xbox), thanks! As for UltraViral Epidemic...it is exciting as it's an idea I had brewing for a LONG time now ;)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really cannot wait to see what you have done with it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Yes this arc got knocked down to two chapters due to restructuring)

HousepetZ: Death Dies Harder
Chapter 2: Horde Rush

"So everything you had from that house is in those four bags? Man, you must be one heck strong dog," Terrance commented while Slayder was prepping some burgers. Earlier, after their previous chat, Terrance had ventured out into the base (with a duffel bag from one of the cots) and snuck into the kitchen area for some food. While a dropped can almost alerted a few zombies, he was able to get enough food and drinks to hold them over for how ever long they decide to stay in the barracks. Thankfully, Slayder had a small portable grill (that he had bought from a outdoors shop sometime ago) so they were able to warm up some of the food. As Slayder flipped a burger, he chuckled at Terrance's comment and nodded. "Yep," he replied, "Everything from my room is in those four bags, sans my bed and TV...I still find it odd that the fire took its time coming to where me and Tarot were but, guess I should chaulk that up to Celestial intervention, eh?" Terrance, although knowing that Celestials did exsist thanks to first-paw encounters, just chuckled before heading over to where Slayder was to see how the burgers were coming.
"My owner taught me how to make grill," Slayder said as Terrance looked at the burgers, which were now a golden brown with a smell that one could only describe as heavenly.
"Well, I don't know about you," Terrance laughed while grabbing a plate, "But this ole' dog is hungry for a burger!" Slayder laughed as well and place a patty on the burger bun. As they both ate, Slayder decided to ask how long Terrance had been a part of the K9 Unit.
"For as long as I can remember!" Terrance remarked while taking a bite out of the burger, "Used to be a simple Officer but, after the whole zombie ordeal, I got promoted to Sergeant."
"Who all works in the K9?" Slayder asked.
"Well, mostly canines, but lately we have been allowing other species to join up. Just recently, we had a feline named Max join up." Terrance replied.
"Huh," Slayder remarked while he finished his burger, "Guess that ECP thing actually worked..."
"Actually, the Equal Chance Program was shut down by Keene once the original cure was found," Terrance interjected, "Instead, Keene runs the Pets Opportunity Initiative or POI. It's a charity to help homeless pets find a loving home. Pretty basic, but it has been received better then ECP." This much was true as the POI has found homes for dozens of homeless pets, including getting some jobs as therapy pets. "Admittedly," Terrance remarked while wiping his mouth, "There are still some out there who aren't the biggest fans of Keene and his doings but, eh. Can't really please everyone." Slayder nodded while he cleaned up the grill to put back in the one bag he had, leading to Terrance to ask him what he's been doing ever since the fire. Slayder just shrugged and remarked that aside from doing odd-jobs like babysitting and yard work to get money, he's mostly been living in the woods by himself or checking into hotels if he wanted somewhere nicer to sleep. "But once I get reconnected with Tarot and such, I'm finding a nice house to move in and call my own...sans any owner as I actually like living alone now!"
"Well, if we ever get out of here, I'll personally help you look for a house." Terrance replied with a chuckle.

It was now dusk as Terrance looked out a window while Slayder finished up putting his gear away. The chaos from earlier had ended, leaving in its wake death and a sense of loneliness. Bodies of helpless soldiers and zombies strewn across the base while the occasional living zombie shambled around, looking for its next meal. Terrance instinctively knew that this was going to be tricky as a simple walk would be suicide, given Slayder's bags and their weight. What they needed was a vehicle, though they couldn't use the K9 Car as he didn't come to the base in the car but, rather, was picked up by the late Lt. Vasquez of the base. No, they needed to get a Humvee as, not only would it be better armored, but they could fit all of Slayder's gear inside. There was only one slight issue and that was how would they get a Humvee from the garage to where they are without alerting any zombies?
"You're not turning dead on me over there, are you?" Terrance jumped a bit from Slayder's interruption then replied "Nah, just trying to figure out a way we can get out of here safely. I'm thinking our best bet is that Humvee over there but I have no idea how we can bring it over here with out alerting any zombies..."
"I MIGHT have a way...but I'd need to head out and do it myself..." Slayder said, leading to Terrance to look back and ask what he meant. "Well, my owner taught me this: If I can sneak over there, I can put the Humvee into gear and push the vehicle over to us. Then, once it's loaded, you can steer the Humvee and I can continue pushing it to the gate and, once outside and down the road a good bit away from this base? I hop in, you start the engine and BOOM! We're out scott-free!" It was a tricky plan, that much was certain, but it was the only choice they had. Terrance, after thinking it over, looked at Slayder and told him "If you think you can pull this off...then lets do it."

As the moon was beginning to rise, Slayder was standing at the doorway of the barracks as Terrance, after pointing him in the direction of the vehicle, handed him his sidearm as a just in case. Though flattered, Slayder told him to keep it as he'll grab something off any fallen solider. Terrance, although hesitant, just nodded and told him "Good luck" before shutting the door quietly, leaving only Slayder outside.
"Showtime," Slayder thought as he moved out onto the base and began sneaking his way over to the Humvee in question, passing by bodies of those now considered by mother nature to be dead. He did stop at one body to loot a M4A1 and some magazines as a 'just in case' before continuing on, only briefly stopping as he thought he saw a body twitch, but was relived to see it was just a bird flying off. Though it took a bit as he had to wait for one zombie to leave an area, he finally reached the Humvee Terrance pointed him to. Checking it over and making sure the tank was full along with grabbing the keys off another corpse, he quietly opened the door and, as per his owner's instructions, turned the key slightly then placed the vehicle into gear. As soon as he was able to confirm it could move, he began to slowly, but surely, push the vehicle towards the barracks, making sure not to attract any unwanted attention. Though he did squish one fallen zombie's head, it was thankfully not loud enough to attract any other zombies. In no time at all, both Slayder and the Humvee was back at the barracks. Putting the vehicle in park, Slayder snuck over and quietly knocked on the door. Terrance opened it and was impressed that he brought it over with zero attention.
"You can thank me once we are outside. Now, come on...help me get my bags on board," Slayder whispered. Terrance nodded and did just that before hoping into the drivers seat and putting the vehicle back into drive. "You ready?" Terrance asked and Slayder nodded and began pushing the vehicle towards the gate. As he pushed, Terrance thought to himself that this was oddly going too easy, something Slayder then brought up as he whispered "Not trying to jinx us, but I'm legit surprised we didn't get hit yet," to which Terrance nodded and quietly added that maybe zombies actually sleep at night. As they were a few feet away from the gate, it seemed that Slayder's plan was going to actually work. However, like all good plans, it wasn't meant to be. For as they reached the open gate itself, there was a sudden loud bang that came from behind them, making both Terrance and Slayder freeze and look at each other.
"Please tell me that was a fart," Terrance asked and Slayder shook his head before looking behind him and remarking "Worse: Someone shot a flare towards us." Indeed, someone did shoot a flare and that someone was dressed in a familiar looking robe and holding both a flare gun and a phone, the later of which the person spoke into and said "Two survivors are trying to escape...they'll be dead in a few seconds," before high-tailing it out of the area as, coming like a tsunami, a massive horde of zombies came rushing in.
"Holy CRAP!" Slayder shouted as Terrance turned the engine on and also shouted for Slayder to get in, which he did and Terrance floored it just as the horde reached their bumper. Crashing through what remained of the open gate, the duo rocketed down the road as the zombies continued their chase. "There's no way we're heading back to Babylon Gardens!" Terrance said as he drove, Slayder nodding and, after a bit of thinking, said "There might be a place we can stop at...I remember doing work for a guy and, I dunno, there was something about him that seemed trustworthy enough...he even said I can come back to him when I feel the need too...dude looked like a bird to be honest..."
"Well, right now, that's our best shot!" Terrance quickly interrupted, "Where does this guy live?"
"In a house about thirty minutes from Pavillion," Slayder said, "But lets try to lose these guys first BEFORE we head there, 'k?" Terrance nodded and continued to lay on the gas, trying to find anyway to shake the zombies chasing them. In his head, he was trying to figure out why these zombies were running as fast they were. Thankfully, after a few more minutes, the horde began to dissipate and back off from the chase, leaving only Terrance and Slayder alone again.
"I thought zombies couldn't run like that," Slayder remarked and Terrance replied "They don't," before looking back and remarking himself "Those weren't like any zombie I ever seen..." The rest of the ride was silent as both were trying to figure out why these zombies were the way they were, with Terrance wondering if there is a new virus and Slayder wondering if Tarot would be safe...

"Over there," Slayder pointed towards a nearby house. It was about two hours later when they arrived at the home Slayder said about. Pulling into the driveway, both Terrance and Slayder hopped out of the vehicle, Terrance looking over the house while Slayder grabbed his gear. Knocking on the door, Terrance then leaned over and was about to ask Slayder what the person name was when the door opened and Terrance's face soon went to confusion. Standing at the doorway was the owner of the house and, much to Terrance's surprise, it wasn't a human or pet. But, to his confusion, the owner looked exactly like someone he saw years ago. A feathered being that once threatened their entire existence.
"You OK?" Slayder asked as he looked over at Terrance, "You look like you seen a ghost." Terrance looked back at Slayder before looking at the owner and saying out loud, by accident, "I seen this guy before...but he was dead..." The bird in question, surprisingly, just chuckled and motioned them both to come in before closing the door and, in a voice even deeper then Slayder, said "So you're the fellow that Spirit Dragon mentioned. Pleasure to finally meet a survivor of my son's ilk."
"Your...son?" Terrance asked, tilting his head to the side. The bird bowed his head solemnly and nodded before looking up and saying "I am the Celestial known as Thunderbird...and I was the father of the Fallen Celestial you called Pete The Gryphon."

Next Time...HousepetZ: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice job on this chapter! It definitely came out awesome!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That was an awesome chapter, Slayter looks like he’ll be a good ally. Cool to know Maxwell is now a cop, and now we’re meeting the father of Pete. Hopefully, he isn’t like his son.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:That was an awesome chapter, Slayter looks like he’ll be a good ally. Cool to know Maxwell is now a cop, and now we’re meeting the father of Pete. Hopefully, he isn’t like his son.
Well, the next arc (Only one chapter in length) is all about Thunderbird and Pete and will shed light on past events, along with current and future events. But I can say he is the total opposite of Pete.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Pete's father?! :o Slayter has important connections, and some serious survival skills. I'm eager to read more!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Father-Son rivalries. Never good.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Something Wicked This Way Comes

"Father?" Terrance was surprised, to say the least. He had known that Pete had a sister, Spirit Dragon, but he had no idea about him having the father. The first thing that did ran through his head was a fear that this Thunderbird was similar to Pete, hence why the later was the way he was. However, he was surprised to see that Thunderbird was the complete opposite of his late son in every way, shape, and form. The only aspect they shared was that they were both gryphons, although Thunderbird's wings were more black then Pete's wings. But the biggest difference that was immediately noticeable was that, in stark contrast to Pete, Thunderbird was more peaceful and soft-spoken, though Terrance could tell that he could go all Darth Vader with his voice if he needed to. His frame of mind was soon broken as Thunderbird invited both him and Slayder to take a seat in the living room so he could explain everything.
"I had no clue you were a Celestial, T-Bird," Slayder remarked using Thunderbird's nickname, to which he chuckled and said "Well, I will admit it was a bit tricky keeping it secret from you...but I think I did pretty well," and Slayder nodded and agreed with him. Terrance, meanwhile, interjected and, after a quick apology, asked if Pete was always like this.
"Not always," Thunderbird solemnly replied as he took a seat on a nearby chair, "See, when he was a young bird, he was as kind and generous like you wouldn't believe. He always looked out for others and was always the friendliest Celestial out there. When he first got the chance to come here to Dimension Prime...er Earth...he told me that 'it's amazing how far mankind had come since the beginning' and that 'he loved interacting with the pets and other critters of the world'." Thunderbird then looked over at a nearby picture on a shelf before saying "But that all changed when his sister got something he wanted..."
"His sister being Spirit Dragon, right?" Terrance asked. Thunderbird nodded, "It was odd at first. One day he was all happy and helping out where ever he can...the next day? He wanted nothing to do with anyone and just stayed in his room. At first, I thought something happened on Earth, but there was nothing major that happened where he was. I talked with any Celestial that had contact with him that day and neither of them knew what happened. So, I chatted with Dragon and she told me that both her and him went and entered a local bard and grill. Before they even entered, they pasted by two mortals yelling at the ones dog, even smacking it for some reason. Pete was angry as he hated seeing that so he marched over and started berating them, which then devolved into a shouting match. Dragon was able to calm him down and they both headed in...until..." Thunderbird cupped his mouth with his paw as a tear came out of his eye.
"What happened?" Slayder asked and Thunderbird looked up and, with a deep sigh, wiped away the tear and said "...before they left, Pete headed to the bathroom to wash his hand. Before he opened the door, he overheard two of the patrons in there talking and, at first, he thought they were just being mortals...until he heard some whimpering then...then nothing...next thing, he flung the door open to see the two people inside...along with a dead animal that Pete recognized...it was then when Pete just snapped as he realized that they were the same two that were yelling at the now dead animal. Next thing anyone knew, Pete...slaughtered them. The one tried to beg for forgiveness but Pete said that quote "Filth and trash like you do not deserve forgiveness OR happiness of any kind!"...Dragon managed to get him out and back up to Heaven before the police arrived...they said that the two were barely even recognizable, only being ID'd thanks to their wallets..."
"What happened to Pete?" Terrance asked, his mind having trouble comprehending this whole incident. Thunderbird, after wiping away a few more tears, explained that Pete was put on trial and was told he was no longer allowed down on Earth and, as per his punishment, would be required to have counseling from the Great Kitsune..."Which was a pretty bad idea as...well, you saw right, Terrance?" Terrance nodded. Slayder, meanwhile, just couldn't believe what he had heard as he said, "So, let me get this straight: Both you and this Pete are Celestials. Pete was once a happy-go-lucky kid before slaughtering two folks for killing an animal...I hate to be rude, but maybe the world is better off with him dead."
"Slayder!" Terrance chided him but Thunderbird replied "No, he's right. The world and the universe is better off without him. Of course, I miss him but what's done is done...he chose the path he wanted to take and it got him wiped from the universe."
"Didn't you try to talk to him after his punishment?" Terrance asked.
"I couldn't," Thunderbird replied as he leaned back on his chair, "Some reason, he just blocked me out of his life and wanted nothing more to do with me. " The room was then silent for a bit before Terrance suddenly remembered something. Reaching into his vest, he pulled out his phone and, after searching through some files, he found what he wanted. "Bit of a subject changer, but do you happen to recognize this?" Terrance asked as he handed his phone to Thunderbird. Taking the phone, Thunderbird looked at the picture for a bit before replying "Yes, this is one of Pete's coins from his temple. He had during that whole U&U thing. Why?" Terrance replied "Well, a cult we've been dealing with, the Opener Cult, has been seen with these coins and a few eyewitnesses have said that they saw them used to turn people into a new breed of zombie, as shown from the Barker Resident incident. However, I'm not sure if they are related to the ones that attacked both me and Slayder here at the base." Thunderbird was quiet for a bit before replying, "I knew that Pete placed a curse on them but I altered it so it would only change humans who are not pure of heart into an animal that best suited them..."
"Pure of heart? Seriously?" Slayder said with a slight chuckle, something that even Thunderbird admitted was a bit cliched of himself to do. "But I don't know if he did do anything else to them that would turn humans into zombies...sorry." Terrance nodded as he took his phone back and placed it back in his vest and said, "Back to square one, again." Slayder responded by telling him that he shouldn't get discourage at the set-back and Thunderbird agreed with him. "Who knows?" Thunderbird added as he stood up, "Maybe Pete did put an extra curse on there, I truthfully don't really know. But, like Slayder said, don't get discourage. When one door closes, another will always open." His mood then lightened a bit as he asked, "Say, NASCAR is coming on in a bit...you guys want to hang out here and watch it with me? I got plenty of snacks and drinks." It had been a long day and NASCAR and junk food sounded great, so they both stayed with Thunderbird to watch the race and, all in fun, argue who was the better racer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EPILOGUE:

Madrokea Resort. What should've been a place filled with the chatter and laughter of resort goers, was instead filled with the screams of innocents and growls of the undead. This once peaceful and world-renown resort was now under siege by zombies. Many resort goers attempted to flee or fight back, but both cases was a lost cause at times as, for every ten that made it out, a hundred fell victim to the undead in someway. However, in the lobby of one of the more expensive hotels, a large bodies laid motionless, each one missing parts of their rotting bodies, while more bodies soon dropped to the ground. As the last one fell, the causer of this mass grave stood there, holding a paddle that they had fashioned two chainsaws on both ends, panting and covered in zombie remains. What should've been a peaceful vacation for this wolf was now a fight for survival as he looked towards the exit and saw more zombies approaching the lobby. With a grin and a flick of his cloak, Poncho readied himself and growled "You zombies ruined my vacation," before revving the paddle saw and roaring, "Now I'm going to send you back to the Underworld!!"

Next time...HousepetZ: Rock 'Till You Drop Dead
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is actually a very gripping chapter! Wonderful job! I'm glad we got to learn more about Pete!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Enlightening chapter. I guess an experience like that would change anyone. Shame he ended up as a jerk :/
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great chapter! Good to get a back story on Pete, and its a shame that Pete let that horrible situation change him into a jerk. Neat that T-bird, Terrance, and end up watching NASCAR. Looking forward to the next chapter.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Great chapter! Good to get a back story on Pete, and its a shame that Pete let that horrible situation change him into a jerk. Neat that T-bird, Terrance, and end up watching NASCAR. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Thanks! I will admit, I went through a few iterations of that back-story before settling on that one. Originally, he was going to be jealous and envious that Dragon won a contest but that honestly didn't feel strong enough so I went with him witnessing that incident (Which took place in the early 70's, around the time of the first U&U game, in the HousepetZ mythos).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Rock 'Till You Drop Dead
Chapter 1: Take Me Down To The Paradise City

"Attention passengers: We will be arriving at Landover Airport in approximately thirty minutes..." the pilot of Pavillion Airlines Flight 5150 announced over the P.A system, alerting the passengers on board. While some were on business trips or returning home, the rest were heading to Landover Airport for one reason alone. That reason was to head over and vacation at Madrokea Resort, the biggest and most popular tourist destination and vacation spot on the West Coast. One passenger in particular wasn't too excited, however, as he rather have stayed back in Babylon Gardens working his job at the zoo then go on vacation. His family and the Miltons, on the other hand, insisted that he take one and even Keene said he'll pay for the entire trip and anything he wanted to do there. Even though he didn't want to, Poncho soon agreed to it and, the next day, found himself on the first flight to Madrokea Resort, sans any luggage as all he packed was his poncho and some sunglasses (he figured he could just rent gear if he goes to the beach). As the plane continued on its path, Poncho looked out his window and thought to himself "This vacation better be worth it as I much rather be back home doing work," which was true as he considered himself to be a pure working wolf. Sure, he didn't mind taking the occasional day off, but he rather have those days chosen by himself and not dictated by someone else, even if that someone else was his employers. "Ah well," he thought then as the plane began to descend, "One good thing about this vacation...I get to be in the sun!" A smile came across his face as the plane's wheels hit the tarmac and they began to pull into the gate.

The airport itself was not too extremely busy today so Poncho was able to get checked in and everything. As he was walking over to the main entrance, Poncho was looking around at all the people and pets, trying to get a gauge as to what type of folks he would come across while he was on vacation. Though, much to his surprise, they were all pretty normal, save for a few oddities like a dog who had pink highlights and someone dressed in a cloak of sorts. The later got his attention as he walked over and tapped the cloaked figure on its shoulder and said, "Excuse me?" The figure turned around to face Poncho and asked what he wanted and Poncho responded "I hate to be that guy...but you got a little ketchup on your cloak." The figure, who Poncho could tell was a hyena just from the shape of the snout, looked down and chuckled while grabbing a napkin, "Well that's embarassing! Thank you!"
"You're welcome," Poncho responded before asking "I'm Poncho. You live here?"
"Nah, I'm...just visiting some friends," the figure said with a slight bit of hesitation as he wiped the ketchup off his cloak, "I'm...the...DM of a D&D session and I figured I dress for the occasion!" While the hesitation was a bit odd to him, Poncho just chuckled and told him that he was on an employee vacation for a few days or so. The figure nodded and, once the ketchup was gone, told Poncho that he hopes he has a good vacation then left rather quickly, much to Poncho's surprise. "Probably just needed to use the bathroom," he thought as he continued over to the main entrance, where a taxi driver was waiting for him.
"Mr. Poncho?" The taxi driver asked, "The Miltons hired me to take you to Madrokea Resort. Hop in!" Poncho nodded and, once he was in, both he and the driver left the airport and headed to Madrokea Resort, in particular the Reinheart Hotel...
"Isn't there a non-expensive hotel I could've gone to?" Poncho groaned and the driver replied "There are, but the Miltons set you up at the best suite in the Reinheart Hotel! Hope you don't mind me saying this, but MAN I wish I was in your position! I mean, working for the Milton Ferrets? That has GOT to be a dream..." The drivers words soon didn't register with Poncho as he turned his gaze to the stores and other destinations as they passed by them. He never told anyone but the truth of his situation was: He hated working for the Miltons but not because of who they are or what they did or have done. No, he hated working for them because he can't be a normal citizen of Babylon Gardens. For him, he wants to work at a job and earn his money, not work somewhere, earn money, but never be able to spend it cause the Miltons paid for their needs. For a long while, he always wanted to just walk into Keene Milton's home and just quit. But he knew he would upset the other wolves so, begrudgingly, he kept all of this to himself.
"Alright, we're here!" The taxi driver announced as they pulled into the Reinheart Hotel's vehicle drop off area. Poncho nodded again and thanked the driver for the lift before heading into the main lobby, which immediately he was taken by surprise at the architecture and just how incredible the place looked.
"Mr. Poncho, I presume?" The desk clerk asked, Poncho again nodding, "Welcome to the Reinheart Hotel: Madrokea Resort's best and finest hotel. Ah, I see the Miltons have set you up in our most luxurious suite: The Blue Whale Suite."
"Blue...whale?" Poncho raised an eyebrow and the clerk told him that since the suite is very large and expensive, they figured they name it after the largest mammal on the planet. Impressive, though Poncho still rather have a normal room. The desk clerk then handed Poncho his keys and motioned for another employee to take him up to his room. The clerk then said "We hope you enjoy your vacation here!" and Poncho smiled and thanked him before following the other employee to the elevator. Few minutes go by and they arrive at his suite, the employee taking his key and opening the door to the room. As soon as he entered, he is immediately taken by surprise at how, well, gorgeous the room was. It was, indeed, much better then the room he rather have, though he still would prefer a normal room.
"Now if you don't require any more assistance, I'll leave you your key and be off then," the employee said and Poncho told him he didn't need any more help and thanked him. As soon the employee left and the door was shut, Poncho began to look around the room just to see what all this suite had. There was a 80-inch 4k TV, a well-stocked bar, a Jacuzzi, a bathroom that would put the Milton's old bathroom in the mansion to shame, and a gorgeous view of the resort. The bed itself was even nice as, sitting down on it, he was surprised at the softness of the mattress and covers. "Not bad," he said as he bounced a bit on the bed before standing up and adding "I will admit the room's actually pretty nice." Heading to the terrace, Poncho was, again, taken by surprise at the view the suite gave him of the resort. In fact, it even made him smile a bit. But he didn't admire the view for long as, after a few more seconds, he went back into the suite, plopped down on the couch, and switched the TV on to the Classic TV Station and spent the rest of the day watching some classic shows, all the while thinking "I may not have wanted this vacation, but I guess I should take advantage of the hospitality I've been given," before reaching over to the nearby phone and ordering a meal for pizza for himself. After placing the order and hanging the phone up, he then thought "Besides, where else can I get a free pizza?" before heading back to the couch to watch the episode of 'I Love Lucy' that was airing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh yay we now have an arc about Poncho! If he does get a girlfriend, can I volunteer and OC? :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Cool! A Poncho adventure. I Love Lucy and pizza, huh? He’s a wolf after my own heart. Good job, I look forward to Poncho kicking some tail.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Minus the imminent zombies, I'm totally jealous of Poncho right now :lol: Be careful, something tells me that dude at the airport wasn't a DM and that wasn't blood on his cloak. Great chapter!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 2: Paradise Lost

Poncho sat on the beach, looking out towards the ocean and watching the waves crash onto the sand. It has been five days since he arrived and, much to his surprise, he was actually enjoying the vacation. From the incredible meals he had to trying to beat the high score on the one Galaga machine at the arcades on the boardwalk, he was actually having fun. So much fun that, the night before, he rang up Keene and told him that he'll be staying an extra few days longer then intended as he was right about him needing this vacation. "It's funny I was so against going on a vacation," Poncho thought as the gentle breeze brushed against his fur, "Cause this is surprisingly relaxing." Even though it was only noon, Poncho decided to head back to the hotel to clean up a bit as he wanted to go and check out the hotel's restaurant and partake in some fine cuisines. As he walked back to the hotel, Poncho back to hum the song 'Kokomo' by the Beach Boys to himself with a small smile. He may not like vacations, but this one he knew he was not only going to remember forever, but he may also change his mind on hating them. However, that train of thought was soon interrupted by a distant scream that caught Poncho off-guard. The scream lasted a few more seconds before being followed by a gun-shot then silence. At first, Poncho thought someone was being robbed and the shot was either from the robber or the one being robbed, but he passed it off as maybe someone had their TV up way too loud (which, knowing the location, wouldn't be too surprising for him) and continued back to the hotel, the sounds from earlier now just a random memory in his head.

As he entered his room, he made his way to the bathroom and, after tossing the poncho onto the floor, hopped into the shower and started washing himself, and admittedly singing Meat Loaf's 'Modern Girl', as he was prone to singing in the shower. However, when he was finished and was drying off, another scream suddenly occurred. At first, Poncho passed it off as the same idiot who had their TV loud, but the scream in question happened again and it sounded close. Like it was outside his door. Grabbing his poncho and putting it on, he walked out into the hallway to see what the heck was going on and was almost knocked over by a running tourist. "Hey!" Poncho shouted but the tourist didn't stop and instead just kept running. At first he found it odd that they were running like something was wrong but he soon saw what they were running from. For three doors down from his room, the employee that helped him to his room when he first arrived was leaning over a body "Hey!" he shouted again, "Everything alright?" He soon wished he didn't say anything as the employee then slowly stood up and turned around, his pale eyes staring right at Poncho and a piece of the body dangling from his mouth. "Oh, crap," Poncho thought before rushing back into his room as the employee rushed after him. Quickly, Poncho slammed his door shut and locked it tight, but the employee outside began banging on it. So much so that his fist broke right through the door. Realizing that the door won't hold, Poncho knew he had to defend himself, so he quickly rushed over to the kitchen area and began searching for something to use, which was a small knife. Just in time too as the door then gave way and the employee rushed in and rushed towards Poncho, who readied himself to stab the employee. The moment the employee got within distant, Poncho flip the knife around and jammed it into the employee's skull, instantly killing it. As the employee fell, Poncho stood there and panted before looking over the body. A horrific realization soon came to him as he looked the body over, "He's..a zombie?" he mumbled before hearing more screams coming from outside. Rushing to the terrace, Poncho looked out and was horrified to see the entirety of Madrokea Resort under siege. Buildings were on fire, people trying to escape or fight, and zombies roamed the streets. But much to his horror, these zombies weren't just the walking, shambling types. No, these zombies? They were running and catching the fleeing tourists and folks living there. "No way," Poncho said as he observed the carnage, "Not again...this can't be happening..." He was soon interrupted by a over-head police helicopter, whose passenger was shouting ove a speaker the following: "EVACUATE MADROKEA RESORT AND HEAD TO THE NEAREST AIRPORT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! EVACUATE MADROKEA RESORT AND GET TO THE AIRPORT, NOW!"
"Well, guess that's where I'm going," Poncho said before leaving the terrace and heading for the hallway, though not before grabbing the knife from the dead body in his room as he would need some protection.

It was sheer chaos as he reached the ledge overlooking the lobby. Not only were people trying to escape, but there were already zombies inside and they were having themselves a meal out of the escapees. "There has GOT to be a way I can get out of here," Poncho began to think as he knew going through the lobby was suicide. His thinking was soon, again, interrupted by something dinging the back of his head. Turning around and looking down, he saw the object that hit him was a coin of sorts. But that wasn't as important to him cause right in front of him, trying to access an elevator, Poncho saw someone he immediately recognized: It was the cloaked DM from the airport. Some reason, he then looked down from the balcony at one of the zombies getting killed and noticed a coin flying out of its shirt. He then began to place two and two together as he thought "That cloaked dude threw a coin at me...the same coin popped out of a zombie..."
"Come on..." The robed figure mumbled as they waited for the elevator to arrive. However, they were soon startled as the paws of someone grab them from behind, spin them around, and lift them high into the air. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Poncho growled at the cloaked figure, who he could tell was a raccoon. The raccoon just chuckled and said "I did what was requested by Mother Ink. I gave those unworthy of our paradise a gift."
"A GIFT?!" He roared again, "PARADISE?! YOU STARTED A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!"
"Isn't it lovely?" The raccoon smiled but Poncho wasn't having any of it as he turned around to face the lobby, still holding the raccoon, and told him "You think it's lovely? Then why don't you join them!!!" With a mighty heave, Poncho tossed the screaming raccoon cultist off the balcony and onto the lobby below. Looking down from the ledge, Poncho just shook his head as the raccoon he tossed was now dead and impaled on a floor stand. Behind him, the elevator doors opened , revealing to Poncho the body of a tourist trying to escape, but that wasn't what got his attention. No, what got Poncho's attention was what the tourist was holding, which was a dual-paddle that they had somehow fashioned chainsaws to. Looking at the weapon then at the lobby below, that was now filled with the undead, Poncho realized he had the best way to escape through the lobby. "It's risky," he thought as he picked the weapon up, "But at least I can clear a better path." And so, weapon in paw, Poncho headed got into the elevator and headed down to the lobby floor. As soon as the doors opened, he walked out into the lobby and towards the zombies, who were now aware of his presences and were heading towards him. With a grin and a flick of his cloak, Poncho readied himself and growled "You zombies ruined my vacation," before revving the paddle saw and roaring, "Now I'm going to send you back to the Underworld!!" He then charged forth and began chopping and slicing his way out of the hotel, though he did realize he would need something to help him get to the airport as walking was not an option. However, that was something he was going to deal with later as, for now, his only concern was survival, which was surprisingly easy as the paddle-saw gave him the much needed reach. As he hacked away towards the entrance, his eyes soon caught sight of a motorcycle, a Harley-Davidson to be precise. Seeing his ticket out of this place, he quickly began making his way to the bike. Once he out of the now-zombie infested hotel, he rushed over to the bike, revved it up and, with the paddle saw still in paw, left the hotel behind and made his way back to the city of Madrokea and into the heart of a new apocalypse...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love how ****** that you made Poncho in this chapter! I hope to see more from him!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I just love how ****** that you made Poncho in this chapter! I hope to see more from him!
You will :) This arc and the next two will be his story :)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice job! I have a feeling the zombies and the Opener cult will regret ruining Poncho’s vacation.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Great chapter, Sean. Poncho's a natural with handling that saw, he must've fared well during the previous apocalypse. I can't wait to see more of him in action :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Great chapter, Sean. Poncho's a natural with handling that saw, he must've fared well during the previous apocalypse. I can't wait to see more of him in action :D
Well, the saws were duct-taped to a boat paddle, if you want to be specific :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So is our intrepid hero Poncho gonna have to deal with fluids flying everywhere from dismembering zombies? :lol:
Nathan Kerbonaut

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So is our intrepid hero Poncho gonna have to deal with fluids flying everywhere from dismembering zombies? :lol:
It comes with the job :P
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 3: Son Of Beast

The once bustling and thriving Madrokea City was now nothing more then a war-zone as Poncho rode through on his recently acquired motorcycle while keeping the paddle saw at the ready. The streets that once were filled with the chatter and laughter of tourists and the inhabitants were now silent with the only people walking the streets being the undead. Those unfortunate enough to get left behind were now nothing more then a feast for the zombies. In others words: Poncho was alone. But that actually didn't phase him as he only had one thing on his mind and that was to escape the city and make it to the airport and, hopefully, catch a flight back to Babylon Gardens. However there was one issue and that was his bike. Sure, it was speedy and it could help him outrun the undead but what would happen if the zombies came at him from the front? He could use the paddle-saw he acquired but that would only get him so far. He needed something to help him not only reach the airport faster, but something that could also eliminate any undead in front of him. As he rode through the city slowly, as to not attract any zombie attention, Poncho began to think back to what that raccoon told him. Mother Ink? Paradise? What was that raccoon talking about and what 'gift' was he referring to? Of course, the later he determined was the zombie outbreak but that only gave him more questions, not the least of which being how a person became a zombie. There was the coin that was tossed at his head and the one that popped out of zombie's pocket, but he dismissed that theory as crazy. However, he did form one theory that he felt was within the realms of possibility: What if this 'Mother Ink', whoever she was, laced the coins with a virus that, when touched, would turn the victim into a zombie? A good theory, he thought, but there was one major issue: He was hit with the coin on the back of the head, meaning he should've turned into one, right? "Look at me," he then chuckled to himself as he rode past a few zombies feasting on a victim, "I'm beginning to sound like Delusional Steve...wonder what ever happened to that catYIPE!" He suddenly brought his bike to a stop as, down the road he was on, a horde of zombies were slowly walking about, groaning and awaiting something. "Well, I ain't going that way," he said and began to turn the bike around to find another way to the airport. However, Lady Luck decided to look the other way as the rear tire of his bike very lightly tapped a car behind him, triggering the alarm. Poncho winced as the noise went off and hoped that the zekes wouldn't hear it. Unfortunately, Lady Luck was still looking the other way. Poncho, after shouting an obscenity, quickly whipped the bike around and roared the road as the horde from earlier? They did indeed hear the noise and were now rushing after him like ants to a fallen food crumb. "I thought zombies couldn't run like that!" Poncho shouted as he raced down the roads, looking for someplace he could hide out from the horde. Thankfully, he found such a place as, coming up on his left, was a big garage whose garage door was opened just enough for him to slide the bike under. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained!" he thought before turning towards said door and, after positioning his right leg just enough so it wouldn't get hurt, leaned the bike to it's side and slide under the door and into the garage. As soon as he was in, he quickly shut the engine off and rushed over to the door controls and shut the garage door completely. Just in time too as, outside, the horde rushed right pass the garage, oblivious to what had happened. However, as Poncho observed, half of the horde then stopped in their tracks and went back to shambling about. The problem was that they were right outside the door, preventing him from leaving at all. "Well," he thought, "At least I'm safe here for the time being."

It was now late afternoon and the horde was still outside the garage, though it had gotten bigger in the time since he was there. Inside, Poncho was sitting on a nearby bench, eating some chips he got from a machine, and thinking of ways he could get out of both the garage and the city as his original intent was now non-achievable. He thought about waiting the horde out but it seemed that the horde in question kept getting bigger by the hour, probably knowing that he was inside this garage right now and were hungry for him. He then began to look around the garage, just to see if possibly he could use something there to help him out. The garage was big, no doubt about that, but there was a good reason as, inside along with his bike, were two semi trucks, along with what appeared to be the front part of a steam-roller. As he observed the items in question, his gaze then turned to his bike then back at the parts then back at the bike before an idea popped in his head: Could he take his bike and fashion a vehicle out of them using parts from the two trucks, then place the steam-roller cylinder at the front, then use said bike to mow down the zombies and quickly make his way to the airport? Crunching the last chip in his mouth, he nodded and said to himself "Tricky...stupid...but worth a shot," he then stood up and got to work on his plan, which would require the following items: The steam-roller cylinder, the tires of the trucks, the engine from one of the trucks, exhaust pipes, and parts to hold everything in place, especially the cylinder. For the rest of the afternoon and throughout the evening hours, Poncho worked tirelessly on the machine, making sure each part was on tightly and making sure the machine could work in the first place, which at first it didn't but he soon figured out the issue and got it to run. He did place the second semi-truck's engine on the bike as he'd figured he needed the extra power and speed just to get through the hordes. And as the moon began to rise over the city, he was putting the finishing touches on the machine, in this case placing the two chainsaws from the paddle he had onto the handlebars of the bike. As the clock struck 8pm, it was done. Poncho stood back and admired his masterpiece and what a masterpiece it was. What Poncho had done was turn the Harley-Davidson he had taken from the hotel and turned into a zombie killing machine of death. "Guess you'll need a name, eh?" Poncho chuckled as he grabbed a nearby can of red paint. Walking over to the gas cylinder, he thought for a bit about what name to give it. While he had thought of plenty of good names, there was only one he could agree on as it was the name his old employer Lana had gave a truck that she and the other survivors years ago had built at a mall during the first zombie apocalypse...Beast. With a smile, Poncho dipped the brush into the paint can and wrote on the cylinder the name Son Of Beast. "Well, friend, I can tell you are hungry," Poncho said as he placed the paint can back on the table and got onto the bike, "Time to make you roar" With a turn of the key, the dual-engines roared to life, awakening the beast that Poncho sat on. He revved the engine a few and smirked as the machine howled and roared. He then looked towards the garage door, which was now trembling from the many zombies outside, and closed his eyes and took a deep breath, but not to calm his nerves. For once he had taken the breath, he shot his eyes open and howled his heart out before stepping on the gas. Thanks to the two engines, both he and the bike crashed through the garage door, mowing down a small fleet of zombies that were unlucky enough to be standing there. Quickly whipping the bike around, he floored it and raced down the streets, mowing down zombies left and right as they foolishly stepped in front of his machine. Those behind him were equally as unlucky as Poncho had strapped some metal blades to the back and had got them working like an industrial sized fan, chopping any unfortunate zombie who got close enough into nothing-ness. As the carnage unfolded around him, Poncho could only smile as the only thing that was on his mind was reaching the airport safely. "Hello, freedom!" He then shouted as, off in the distant, he saw the road that lead to the airport so, with one final rev of the bike, he roared towards said road, running over the last of the zombies that had attempted to take him down.

"Sir, something's coming down the road!" A soldier shouted to his commanding officer, who told everyone to stand at the ready. During the initial evacuations of Madrokea City, the local military had placed armed guards outside the airport terminal to inspect everyone who was getting on a flight to make sure they weren't infected, which thankfully no one was. While the rest of the flights had left, there was only one flight remaining and it was to remain grounded until 11:50 P.M, for which was now only three minutes away. The commanding officer, as he took his position, shouted to the soldiers to be prepared to fire on his command, in case it was the undead.
"HOLD YOUR FIRE!" The solider suddenly shouted, "IT'S NOT THE ENEMY! IT'S...." The solider suddenly went quiet. The officer, seeing his quietness, went over and asked, "Well? What is it?" The soldier looked over at the officer and, with a look of bewilderment, said "I have no idea how to say this...but it's a wolf riding a motorcycle straight out of a video game." The officer, of course, thought he was lying but, indeed, he wasn't. For pulling up to the gate was Poncho on the now bloodied and zombie gut filled bike.
"Name's Poncho," he said at the officer, "I was on vacation here thanks to the Milton Ferrets in Babylon Gardens. Is there any planes left?" Recognizing the name Milton, the officer nodded and told a soldier to help him get to the plane, as another solider grabbed his radio and told the plane in question to not take off as they got one more survivor. As they ran, Poncho told the soldier that they can keep the bike as he won't need it, to which the soldier just chuckled but told him that they might be able to make some use out of it when they go into Madrokea City. As soon as Poncho got on board and sat down, the plane was given the go-ahead to lift off and, just like that, all 900 passengers on board Icarus Flight 2012, including Poncho, were now leaving the nightmare that was once the vacation city of Madrokea behind. "This is going to be one heck of a vacation story," Poncho chuckled as, to him, he was all too happy that this nightmare was over. As he tuned into the in-flight movie of 'Puppet Master 3', one of the flight attendants on board walked past him and said to another attendant, "There's a gentleman in the back who is experiencing some motion sickness, do we have any ginger ale?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE:

"Mother Ink? Someone is here to see you," Custom Ink was sitting in her living room, doing a crossword, when one of the cultists knocked at her door. Turning around, she asked who it was and the cultist replied "They didn't give me a name but they said that both the people he works for and our family share the same interests."
"Who does he work for?" Ink then asked, only to be surprise when the cultist answered that "He works with P.E.T.A" Finding it a bit odd that they want something to do with her, she tells the cultist to let them in and, in her mind, she was expecting a suited man. To her surprise, a dog came walking into the room, instead. "Hello, Mother Ink," the dog said with a smile and Ink greeted him back and immediately said that she was surprise that P.E.T.A were interested in her family.
"Well, there is a reason," The dog explained, "See, after the original P.E.T.A was wiped out during the first zombie apocalypse, I stepped forward and formed a new P.E.T.A, which now stands for Pets for Eradicating The Annoyance, with one goal in mind..." he then placed his briefcase on the table, opened it up, and pulled a sheet of paper and handed it to Ink, "...and that goal was to continue Osiris' work. We believe we can make a better version of the virus that he unleashed and, with your help, we can test it in River Ridge and here in Babylon Gardens. If successful, it will wipe out those you deem...unworthy." Ink, realizing that both she and this new P.E.T.A shared her same interests, smiled sinisterly. Walking over to the dog, she stuck her paw out and said "Welcome to the family, Mr..." The dog, smiling, stuck his paw out and, while shaking Ink's paw, replied "Arbelt. Tiger Arbelt..."

Next Time...HousepetZ: Icarus Has Fallen
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like Tiger has now crossed the moral event horizon so I'm hoping that because of that we get to see Marvin in an arc soon. This is a really great chapter!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Poncho's killer bike is a marvel of automotive engineering. He should consider a career change, because he'd do well at Bill Sandwich's repair shop.
I'm a little too excited for the next arc, because Tiger is my favorite chaotic evil character, and I already know that this is the perfect setting for his scheming :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Poncho's killer bike is a marvel of automotive engineering. He should consider a career change, because he'd do well at Bill Sandwich's repair shop.
I'm a little too excited for the next arc, because Tiger is my favorite chaotic evil character, and I already know that this is the perfect setting for his scheming :lol:
Next arc is still a Poncho arc, but Tiger will make an appearance in the arc (which I have decided to combine both Icarus Has Fallen and Tres Desperados into a single arc as it didn't make sense to separate them) as, shockingly, his appearance is actually crucial to the main plot...not to spoil but I will hint with this: Someone throughout this entire series of arcs has been lying and isn't who they seem.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Icarus Has Fallen
Chapter 1: Mayday!

No more then ten hours ago, Poncho went from enjoying a vacation to fighting off zombies and escaping the resort. Not anything he wanted to actually do, mind you, but that didn't matter anymore now as he was now safely on a plane heading home to Babylon Gardens. He could not wait to get back in his own bed, watch his own TV, eat his own food, and most importantly, get back to work. Sure, the few days off was nice and he was going to take a few more days off, but the zombie attack put a damper on those plans so now, all he was concerned with was getting back to his job. But, for now, all he wanted to do was relax the rest of the flight home and watch the in-flight movie of, ironically, the famous disaster film 'Airport 1975'.
"They don't make 'em like they used to, huh?" The passenger next to Poncho said, who was also watching the same film, and Poncho just chuckled and replied "Nope. Nowadays it's all computer generated. I'd love another practical disaster film sometime." The passenger chuckled and went back to watching the movie. The rest of the passengers were also enjoying their time relaxing, with the exception of one who was still feeling motion sick for some reason. A flight attendant had given him some ginger ale to see if that would calm his stomach, but he still felt ill for some reason, to the point of turning pale. "Hey, you OK?" the passenger next to him asks and the sickly man looks at him and shakes his head, "No, I...I really feel sick right now..." he then suddenly got up from his seat and ran to the bathroom, almost knocking one of the flight attendants over as he ran in and locked the door tight.
"Hey, everything OK in there? You've been in there for about twenty minutes." A flight attendant said as she knocked on the bathroom door, only to receive no response.
"Let him be," another flight attendant that was walking by said, "He looked a bit motion sick so he's probably in there throwing up." The flight attendant just nodded but added that she'll check on him again in about twenty minutes or so before heading back to work. Poncho, in the meantime, was enjoying a in-flight meal and chatting it up with a nearby off-duty River Ridge Police Officer about cars and such, including mentioning the motorcycle he made while he was escaping the resort.

As the moon shone brightly on the plane, the passengers on board were now either sleeping or watching the late-night movie. The flight attendants were doing their rounds and checking up on those who were still awake while one decided to check in on the passenger in the bathroom, who never came out. Knocking on the door softly, she asks if everything is all right, only to hear, once again, no response. So she knocked and asked again and, again, no response. Thinking that something had happen, the flight attendant unlocked the bathroom from the outside. Opening the door, she sees the passenger just standing there motionless. "Sir, are you OK?" She asks as she placed a hand on his shoulder. As soon as she does, the passenger turns around and what the flight attendant saw horrified her. The passenger wasn't suffering from motion sickness: He was infected. Before she could even shut the door, the now zombiefied passenger leaped at her and attacked. Up near the front of the plane, Poncho, along with the others in the cabin who were asleep, hears the distant screams and stands up to see what was going on.
"Hey, what's going on?" someone asks and Poncho shushes him as he slowly makes his way to the entrance to the next row of seats. Moving the curtain slowly away, he peeks in to see what was going on and is horrified at what he saw. In the next cabin, all the passengers were trying, and sadly failing, to fight off zombies that had, somehow, made it on board. Quickly, Poncho turned around and told everyone, quietly, "Help me get the luggage out of the overhead compartments are start barricading the area: We got zombies." Panic overcame a few passengers while the others got to work with helping Poncho with the barricade, but made sure to be quiet doing it as they didn't want to attract the zombies to their cabin. It was going well but, like all good ideas, something had to fail. As the River Ridge Officer was placing a small bag on the top, he accidentally leaned forward and knocked a small case off the top. And, just like that, all heck broke loose as the zombies, hearing the sound, came rushing towards the barricade, knocking it over and beginning to work their way up to where Poncho was, but thankfully they weren't the brightest as they kept trampling over each other and were to focused on the other passengers. Poncho knew that they couldn't land with all the zombies on board so he needed to do something. Quickly looking in some of the bags that they didn't grab, Poncho found a small 9mm pistol in the bag of the now undead officer. Running to the cockpit door with the gun in paw, he bangs on it and yells for them to open up. Opening the door, the co-pilot gasps as he sees the zombie horde and Poncho tells him his plan. The co-pilot was skeptical but the pilot, who was an experienced flyer, gives Poncho the go-ahead along with saying "Good Luck!" and then tells the co-pilot to shut the door and buckle up. Poncho, in the meantime, headed back to the cabin and took aim with the pistol, the zombie horde now a bit bigger. "You zombies picked the wrong flight!" he shouted before pulling the trigger. The 9mm round came flying out of the barrel and hurdled to its destination and, in a matter of seconds, the round shot out the farthest window. Suddenly, a huge hole exploded in the plane, sucking many of the zombies, flying out of the plane. Poncho, with all his might, strapped himself down to one of the seats and braced himself.
"MAYDAY, MAYDAY! THIS ICARUS FLIGHT 2012! WE ARE GOING DOWN, I REPEAT: WE ARE GOING DOWN!" The pilot shouted into the radio before announcing over the plane's PA system for any and all passengers that are still alive to brace themselves. Hanging on tighter then ever before, Poncho braced and watched out the window as the plane began to quickly descend due to the sudden lost of cabin pressure. "BRACE YOURSELVES...NOW!" the pilot shouted over the PA system once more before the plane smacked the ground hard and then....all went black....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm really enjoying where this is headed! Nice job! ^.^
Nathan Kerbonaut

That's bad luck. Does this mean that the new zombie virus is spreading through conventional contagious means? If not, then zombies appearing on a plane in flight is certainly concerning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It certainly is making me more fearful of ever boarding a plane again. :|
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:That's bad luck. Does this mean that the new zombie virus is spreading through conventional contagious means? If not, then zombies appearing on a plane in flight is certainly concerning.
Well, there was no coin was on-board the flight...or was there ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice work on this chapter! I look forward to seeing how Poncho gets out of this.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, thanks to, no joke, inspiration from an earlier post from Amazee, I can now announce that HousepetZ: Survivor Tails Season 5 (Long name, I know) will happen :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What post would that be if you don't mind me asking?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What post would that be if you don't mind me asking?
v This One. You just gave me the best idea for Season 5 as I was trying to figure out who else I was going to use along with who I have planned...and you just gave me the best idea! v
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Looks like Tiger has now crossed the moral event horizon so I'm hoping that because of that we get to see Marvin in an arc soon. This is a really great chapter!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can I give you the idea to throw a pie in another character's face? :D