HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Seems we're going in the same direction." Zach followed along, keeping his distance if only to keep from having his head removed by a tiger. "You're hunters? It just so happens I just picked up some hunting supplies. A bow and arrows, a machete for foliage, even a handmade ghillie cape."
Mila gives a derisive snort as he lists the weaponry and tools. making a show of checking her claws for chips or dulled tips as he spoke. She was a tigress, not a human. she had been taught by her mother how to use tooth and claw to their proper potential, and didn't need those toys to do what came naturally.

our kangaroo friend meanwhile, spotting what Mila's doing groans and facepalms. the scaly passenger riding on her shoulders letting out a burst of half hissed laughter.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Roarke nodded as Drake told him about the outside world. He had a slight feeling it was bandit country, but it was nice to have some actual confirmation. However, Roarke's train of thought was then interrupted as Drake revealed the two vehicles hidden under the tarps. Instantly, he was impressed at the sight of the two vehicles. Checking the one out closer, he said to Drake "Gotta say, these would give an army of M1 Abrams a run for their money. Heck, I'm pretty sure these puppies could survive an encounter with a xenomorph!" He laughs while continuing to look them over, taking in the absolute beauty of the machines. As he looked over the grenade launchers, he couldn't help but ask "What type of rounds do you usually put in these? HighEX or Napalm?"
"Whatever I want, really." Drake shrugged, reaching under the UGVs and flipping a sort of switch. He then started walking casually back towards the Headbanger. "The launchers are pretty much glorified potato cannons. HE, incendiary, flares... I once stuck a frag grenade in a bag of nails and fired it at a small zombie hoard. Cleared the way real quick." He commented as he opened the driver door of his truck. "They fire anything that fits in the chamber and makes a good seal. Too small, the compressed air doesn't do squat and you end up with a live grenade two feet away. Too tight, and the chamber'll get plugged up and you'll have even worse problems." He reached into the truck and pressed a few buttons on the dashboard.

The two armored drones lit up, their headlights turning on automatically, but without making a sound. "Toughest thing to work out was the engine. Sort of an ultra-hybrid of sorts. They run using a complex engine that consists of an Internal Combustion Engine, an electric motor, and a steam engine. If needed, I could run them with anything that burns if I don't mind it taking a few seconds to get started. Useful since gas can be hard to come by."

------------------------------------
Buster wrote:Mila gives a derisive snort as he lists the weaponry and tools. making a show of checking her claws for chips or dulled tips as he spoke. She was a tigress, not a human. she had been taught by her mother how to use tooth and claw to their proper potential, and didn't need those toys to do what came naturally.

our kangaroo friend meanwhile, spotting what Mila's doing groans and facepalms. the scaly passenger riding on her shoulders letting out a burst of half hissed laughter.
"Planning on using your claws against the dead too?" Zach commented, tilting his head. "The ghillie cape alone would help. Your bright orange coat might fool colorblind prey, but it's not much good on a zombie. But something designed to fool a human will fool a zombie too. They aren't that bright. Usually..." He shrugged though, and continued on following along at a distance. "But oh well. Suit yourself. I'll probably find someone interested in the next town."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

"Impressive," Roarke replied as the machines' lights came on, "Hate to be a bandit caught in these cross-hairs. Though speaking of which, I'm grateful we hadn't had much in the way of bandits in the city, that I'm aware of. Other then zekes and the occasional looter, I haven't seen many bandits. Guess we have you to thank for that, eh?" Roarke chuckled as he looked back at Drake.

Turning his attention to Lincoln, Roarke asks "What's your story, buddy? How come you're here zombie city?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Planning on using your claws against the dead too?" Zach commented, tilting his head. "The ghillie cape alone would help. Your bright orange coat might fool colorblind prey, but it's not much good on a zombie. But something designed to fool a human will fool a zombie too. They aren't that bright. Usually..." He shrugged though, and continued on following along at a distance. "But oh well. Suit yourself. I'll probably find someone interested in the next town."

"Slow, stupid, dont climb. easy to smell coming, easy to spear." she counters aggressively, sounds like she might have taken the comment about her coloring the wrong way.

"Actually we tend to avoid them whenever we can. easier than fighting. safer too considering none of us know how to shoot properly."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:"Because most of these storage containers are my private things." The large husky growled at Lincoln. "Don't touch anything, especially the ammunition. Handmade bullets aren't always the most stable things."
Lincoln quickly turned over"What the Picasso! How did you get over here!" he exclaimed
SeanWolf wrote:"Impressive," Roarke replied as the machines' lights came on, "Hate to be a bandit caught in these cross-hairs. Though speaking of which, I'm grateful we hadn't had much in the way of bandits in the city, that I'm aware of. Other then zekes and the occasional looter, I haven't seen many bandits. Guess we have you to thank for that, eh?" Roarke chuckled as he looked back at Drake.

Turning his attention to Lincoln, Roarke asks "What's your story, buddy? How come you're here zombie city?"
Calming down, he replied to Roarke, "My brother asked me to visit him, so I'm stuck with him… on the plus side, I'm not alone in the zombie apocalypse, though I'm not sure if Virginia is overrun, or if it is just disconnected from the outside world."
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Impressive," Roarke replied as the machines' lights came on, "Hate to be a bandit caught in these cross-hairs. Though speaking of which, I'm grateful we hadn't had much in the way of bandits in the city, that I'm aware of. Other then zekes and the occasional looter, I haven't seen many bandits. Guess we have you to thank for that, eh?" Roarke chuckled as he looked back at Drake.
"Not really." Drake shrugged. "A bandit that hides out where there are a ton of people is easily found and rooted out, so they hide in the wilderness and only come to town on raids or looting expeditions."

-----------------------------------------------------
Buster wrote:"Slow, stupid, dont climb. easy to smell coming, easy to spear." she counters aggressively, sounds like she might have taken the comment about her coloring the wrong way.

"Actually we tend to avoid them whenever we can. easier than fighting. safer too considering none of us know how to shoot properly."
Zach just shrugged at this. "Alright." he said simply. "I think we're getting pretty close to town. If you'd like, I can help you get the most out of whatever it is you're trading. Consider it thanks for not spearing me in the head with a lamp post." He turned to the tiger and addressed her directly. "I didn't mean to offend. Not sure what I said, but clearly it rubbed you the wrong way, and I apologize."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:color=#BF8000]"Not really."[/color] Drake shrugged. "A bandit that hides out where there are a ton of people is easily found and rooted out, so they hide in the wilderness and only come to town on raids or looting expeditions."
"Eh, you're right. Still, at least it means we only have zekes to worry about" Roarke admitted before turning to Lincoln...
furrygamer793 wrote:Calming down, he replied to Roarke, "My brother asked me to visit him, so I'm stuck with him… on the plus side, I'm not alone in the zombie apocalypse, though I'm not sure if Virginia is overrun, or if it is just disconnected from the outside world."
"Last I heard, Virginia's doing decent but that was about two weeks ago. I know Florida's doing well as, some reason, this zombie apocalypse never reached there but I'm in the dark about Virginia. Where is your brother, anyway?" Roarke inquired as he leaned up against a nearby wall.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote:Last I heard, Virginia's doing decent but that was about two weeks ago. I know Florida's doing well as, some reason, this zombie apocalypse never reached there but I'm in the dark about Virginia. Where is your brother, anyway?" Roarke inquired as he leaned up against a nearby wall.
"He's either at home or going there." Lincoln replied "So, Roarke, did you live here or were you caught here by chance?"
Rp characters
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

furrygamer793 wrote:"He's either at home or going there." Lincoln replied "So, Roarke, did you live here or were you caught here by chance?"
"Actually, this city's my home,' Roarke replied, "Been here as long as I can remember. Though I'm pretty much on my own now as my owners died during the first few days of the attack...was rough for a bit but I'm doing better now. While I am still sad they are no longer with me, they still live on in my heart. Do I miss them? At times but there's no point in me being sad 24/7 as you can't bring the dead back to life...zombies don't count...so I just keep the memories of them alive in me." A small tear formed in Roarke's eye as he spoke before he wiped it away.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote:"Actually, this city's my home,' Roarke replied, "Been here as long as I can remember. Though I'm pretty much on my own now as my owners died during the first few days of the attack...was rough for a bit but I'm doing better now. While I am still sad they are no longer with me, they still live on in my heart. Do I miss them? At times but there's no point in me being sad 24/7 as you can't bring the dead back to life...zombies don't count...so I just keep the memories of them alive in me." A small tear formed in Roarke's eye as he spoke before he wiped it away.
"Actually? What do you mean by actually? That was one of the choices? So why the 'actually'? ...Sorry, probably not a good time for that, anyways, Drake didn't answer my question as to how you two got over to me so quickly, as I was sure I was not near you guys one second, and the next second you were virtually right behind me!" Lincoln said

~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Thomas has made it back to his house and is watching the .hack//G.U. Parody Mode* through his PS4 taken from a nearby mall

*That was an actual official part of G.U. Last Recode
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"This storage facility houses all of my stuff." Drake said in response to the question. "We've been here the whole time. I was just storing a few things, and retrieving my UGVs. If you're looking for the market, it's that way." Drake pointed out of the door to an area nearby with a number of outdoor stalls.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Hey, don't worry about it," Roarke replied, "The 'actually' was just me saying I lived here all my life...probably could've worded better, looking back...speaking of back, would you mind giving me a lift back to my place after I'm done shopping here if there's no issue, Drake?" He didn't mind walking back with his loot but he rather not take the chance if he did buy something new at the marketplace.