Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: Came up with another novel ideal (Inspiration? Me messing around with my hair and making myself look like Rob Zombie) based around the Salem Witch Trials. The idea is that the witches were real and now a group of witchhunters, well, hunt them down (think Men In Black) and the book is titled WitchFinder...I come up with WAY too many ideas :lol: :lol:

Sorrow: My sister's cat, Onyx, may have to be put down this weekend.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Looks like the weather isn't starting to drop down for autumn just yet

Sorrow: It's 9/11. Enough said.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Joy: finally was able to finish my PC build, even if windows won't download correctly

Sorrow: Been a trying week, feeling depressed and unmotivated, and my drawings are starting to show it as the quality seems to have dropped
Allons-y
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I got an appointment with my ORS counselor so I might be able to get help in FINALLY getting a job

Sorrow: I have been obsessing over everything and when I try to do something I give up on it because I don't feel like its perfect so its not worth it. I blame my OCD and autism.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: The entire family gets internet again. I will resume work on my classes and my fic.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What happened that resulted in your internet going down? You needed to get a new router?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:Joy: Came up with another novel ideal (Inspiration? Me messing around with my hair and making myself look like Rob Zombie) based around the Salem Witch Trials. The idea is that the witches were real and now a group of witchhunters, well, hunt them down (think Men In Black) and the book is titled WitchFinder...I come up with WAY too many ideas :lol: :lol:

Sorrow: My sister's cat, Onyx, may have to be put down this weekend.
Saddened to hear about Onyx. My cat's two years gone now and I still miss him. (So does Sophie. They were long time pals.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry about your sister's cat maybe having to be put down. My cat while he was old and he was getting up there and I knew it was gonna happen 2 years ago ended up going away to die and it is still sad to think about even though we have a new kitten.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorrow: My great uncle died.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: Headphone broke. I need to buy another one.

Joy: Looking forward to saving up enough money to buy a helmet from Aniki-Cosplay. The wait will be worth it. As they say "Save your money, save the world."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Any ideas on what brand of headphones you want to get next?
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Any ideas on what brand of headphones you want to get next?
I will have to save up for the best ones, look around and see reviews to find out which one will be suitable.

On a side note about what I'm planning on purchasing, I will have to save up at least 400 dollars to buy a aniki helmet. My first one is going to be the mythical Gosei Green. Here's the helmet in case you're wondering:

Sorry for those who have limited bandwith.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I always wondered why the metal part that doesn't move have lip imprints. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Classy!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: It looks like the class I need to take is going to go ahead. Checked my online class schedule and it finally appeared; starts next Wednesday. The professor teaching it is the head of the GIS department, and is actually going to be sitting in on my Thursday class to audit it. Going to ask him more about the situation tomorrow, but things look good.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Glad that you are able to take the class you need then! Hope it goes well!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: Houston flooded yesterday thanks to a tropical storm. A lengthy storm on Tuesday saturated the ground enough for the torrential downpour on Thursday to cause major flooding to areas of the city.

Joys: My place is safe. Our family lives in a spot with good drainage. Water got up to the curb during the worst of the rain, but that was it. Class was also canceled, so I technically got the day off.

Sorrows again: Regarding my class, I got a call regarding the actual situation. The class was pushed back to October to be a part of the "Second 8 Weeks" group of compressed classes that get put on offer each semester. It's still sitting at 4 students enrolled of the 5 students required to go ahead. If it doesn't get a 5th student in a month, then I'm crap out of luck. I've been going to Houston Community College, but I'm going to be looking at Lone Star College later today to see if they have anything on offer that I can take this semester as a back-up plan.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad to hear you’re safe, Ash, sucks about the class though.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: Onyx (My sister's cat) is doing MUCH better now! Eating normally and more active!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I activated my online class with the access code so I don't need to worry about my class expiring for the rest of the semester!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad to hear it Sean.

Good luck with your classes, Dayzee, Ash.

JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: Had a internal crisis with a thing I'm not supposed to talk about on the forums. I will try to do better with fighting the addiction of a thing that's not supposed to be talked about on this forum but it will be a difficult fight.

On the brighter side of things

Joy: Tackling my classes with precision. Tonight, I will aim to ace the final exam.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I was worried I wouldn't have time tomorrow to do some stuff but it turns out I do.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote:Sorrow: Had a internal crisis with a thing I'm not supposed to talk about on the forums. I will try to do better with fighting the addiction of a thing that's not supposed to be talked about on this forum but it will be a difficult fight.

On the brighter side of things

Joy: Tackling my classes with precision. Tonight, I will aim to ace the final exam.
Good luck with that, JTCat … or better luck as the case may be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

About to settle in for the night after going through my Top Sites on Safari.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Last day my 55th high school reunion. Lots of both joys and sorrows, but a good celebration of lives, successes, struggles, and the sun and stars on the seacoast.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I'm assuming the reunion took place somewhere other than the actual school?
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Joy: I found out about a new web comic called Aww, Feathers
Sorrow: I am already caught up and I have to wait until tuesday not to mention I still have to wait for the next comic strip.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: Did some more work on upcoming projects and stories!

Sorrow: Found out legendary actor Sid Haig died today :(
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bell tried to over-charge me by $900.
So if i'm biting people's heads off for the next few days, well, this is your fair warning.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I assume that your phone provider is Bell Canada then?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bureaucratic chores. Not so much a sorrow but a necessary annoyance.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear that, Buster. I had a similar thing happen with GTE. (They’re now Verizon)

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't even know what phone plan I have. My mother takes care of it. I'm one of the incredible rare Millennials that doesn't talk on the phone or text. XD
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Figured out how to fix my headphones. Now I won't have to buy a new one yet.

Bonus Joy: Passed my current final exam. I'll work on the next episode of my fic for celebration!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just be careful because I find when you throw stuff like that out in the universe, the universe usually takes that as a dare and will break the headphones. :?
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Congrats, James! And I look forward to reading it :)

Sorrow: I smashed the right mirror on my dad's van when I tried to avoid his garage junk.
Joy: Dad isn't upset because apparently the mirror was already broken and he's okay with just taping it back on. But I wish he'd learn to clean up after himself :roll:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My father puts junk in the garage too, Nathan. I’ve tripped over that stuff so many times while helping them with the Christmas lights.

Joy: Nice cool night tonight.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The professor let me take a redo on my first test since I was only under passing by a few points.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Sorrow: A few years ago I made a quip about how I always get ill during the third week of a new semester. My mom was around when I said it and she still brings it up because it always comes true -- and it did again, just today, exactly three weeks after the first day of classes. Woke up with a sore throat and been keeping it in control with ibuprofen all day. Luckily if it's the same strain that my siblings got (which it 99.99% is) then it'll be gone in a day or two.