Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With the advent of being able to order things online, I'm thinking it will only be a matter of decades before places where you go to shop are completely rendered obsolete.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:With the advent of being able to order things online, I'm thinking it will only be a matter of decades before places where you go to shop are completely rendered obsolete.
A lot of brick-and-mortar places are going to go under, but there will always be a need for people to try on clothes before they buy them. I bought the hoodies online because they're hoodies, and them not fitting just right isn't a huge concern, but for a new pair of jeans and definitely new shoes, a physical store is the way to go.
NHWestoN wrote:Joy: recovering from an exploratory procedure and got a roaring headache - but it's over, problem is simple and solvable, and got a good book. So, all totaled up - joy!
Glad to know everything went well!
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

A small joy: I just finished Classic Mode of Bomberman for PSP without losing a single life and reaching past 100,000,000,000 points all while making it through the entire mode. I will post a screenshot of the high score screen to show you but it's just a "nothing special, just a small joy that I have skills at a game" kind of Joy. (Also, I use the Japanese version of the game like I do with just about every Bomberman game.)
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow - Funeral for a High School chum today. Class of 1964 slowly evaporating. Ah, well ……. To everything, there is a season, eh?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear that West.

Joy: My dental work went well today.
Sorrow: My parent's dog i s not doing well at all.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sorry that your parent's dog is getting sicker and not getting better. I hope the dog will be alright in the future.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thanks Dayzee.

Joy: It isn’t as hot as it has been.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: It is actually starting to get a bit nice out and not being extremely hot and humid

Sorrow: We give one of the kittens we taken from my mother's friend to my mother's other friends friend since we only took him and his sister so that said friend could get ready to take him home.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: One of my classes for this semester was canceled do to low enrollment. It's one of the four classes I need to finish to graduate. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. The class only had 3 people (including me) signed up for it. The kicker is that my other classes for this field (GIS/Cartography) all were greenlit and went ahead in spite of single-digit enrollment numbers. But not this one for some reason. I emailed the head of the GIS department asking if any of the required classes I planned to take during the spring are available this semester so I can scramble to sign up for one of them. One of those classes may be tougher than usual since they kind of depend on experience from the ones I was planning to take this semester, but I'm willing to take on that challenge if it means I can graduate on the timeframe that I want.

Joys: I'm going to head to the gym now to do some weight training. I need to blow off some steam and burning some calories and building some muscle seems like the right way to do it.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I don't have my horrifically painful migraine that I had yesterday anymore!

Sorrow: i can tell that the kitten that we kept is missing her brother, who went off to be adopted by my mother's friend of her friend. :(
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Went over to the Student Center website thing for my college where they allow you to enroll for classes. Saw that the class I wanted, but had gotten canceled, was there for "Second Start", which means a condensed version of the class that starts later in the semester. I enrolled in that just to be safe.

Sorrows: It shows no professor for it yet, and no real start date for it yet. I hope that this one doesn't get canceled either. If it does get canceled, I will not be happy.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Sophie finally got her walk on the beach this evening. It was a special treat since we also brought along the neighbor's two Scottie terriers who are her pals. Everyone was very well behaved and a good time had all'round.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear about that, Ash, those requirements can be a pain.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry about your problems Ash. One of my classes got cancelled also due to low enrollment but because it is 45 minutes away from me and going back and forth is gonna use up a lot of gas, I'm not that sad about it.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Today was much better than yesterday. Me and my family went to an Astros game and we won 15-1.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ash Greytree wrote:Joys: Today was much better than yesterday. Me and my family went to an Astros game and we won 15-1.
Joy: Glad to hear it, Ash. Astros are hot.
Sorrow: Red Sox … are … not ... :cry:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: There wasn't that much laundry that I had to do today

Sorrow: I was going outside to relax on my swing and then it suddenly started pouring heavily.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: Apparently someone fell from the roof of a multistory car park in my city today and there's speculation that they may have deliberately jumped.

I just want to say to everyone here, you are all super important to me. If you're struggling or need help you can contact me any time via DM or any of the methods listed on my profile. Lifeline and Beyond Blue also have 24/7 crisis numbers if you need them.

Take care, everyone, and remember, you are loved!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You are a compassionate and generous soul, roo - folks like you are a joy in the world.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: I’ve been using the rowing machine at the gym instead of the regular machines I was using. I put in 2km yesterday (it has a little screen that tracks distance traveled, like the mile/km counter on a treadmill), and today I put in 1.5km. Both of them were in 500m sets, with breaks in between. It feels much more satisfying and gets me feeling that good workout burn more than anything else. I’m really glad I switched over.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My birthday is tomorrow! Shameless plug!

Sorrow: Yesterday I had to stay in bed all day because I ended up suffering from an eye strain headache that wouldn't go away.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Joy: I'm finally getting a new phone! I've had an iPhone 5c for several years, and during the last few months its processor and battery entered what I think are the final stages of their useful lives. I'm switching to Android with a Samsung A50.

Sorrow: Of course my phone carrier didn't have the A50 in stock so it has to be shipped from Texas. It'll only take a few days but the anticipation is real...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Joy: My birthday is tomorrow! Shameless plug!

Sorrow: Yesterday I had to stay in bed all day because I ended up suffering from an eye strain headache that wouldn't go away.

Prequel to tomorrow's birthday wishes … Happy Birthday, Amaze!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: The eye strain never really went away and its ******* me off! :x
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Joy: Finally completed part one of my fanfic.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Eye strain finally went away and its my birthday today and I'm 27! Yay!

Sorrow: My birthday is almost over and classes for the semester at the college I go to are starting up tomorrow.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: I remember being 27.
Sorrow: I remember being 27 (sigh).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I don't have to go up to the campus on the other side of town and waste gas anymore because the instructor told me to sign up for another class and drop that one and the other class is an online class!

Sorrow: I'm starting a week late and I am a bit worried about that
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sorrow: I had a sorrow I wanted to share but I forgot what it was. I guess that's kinda a joy?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a sorrow evolving into a joy.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sorrow: Had a nervous episode this morning when I got my class times mixed up and was 20 minutes late for a lecture.

Joy: I didn't miss anything important and the instructor hadn't taken attendance yet. I'd hate to waste an unexcused absence and miss material on the third session :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am glad that everything worked out for you then.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: Problems with what I think was an ulcer kept me from being able to focus on my studying today, and sapped my ability to get stuff done.

Joys: It seems to have gone away and I’m feeling a lot better. Ready to wake up bright & early tomorrow and have a productive day.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorry everyone seems to be having a rough time getting back to school.
Nathan Kerbonaut

NHWestoN wrote:Sorry everyone seems to be having a rough time getting back to school.
That's typical for me. One day I'm lazying around and the next I'm juggling schedules, due dates, and assignments. Not an easy adjustment. Usually takes a mix-up like yesterday's to kick me into action :P
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: Glad I don't have schooling any more (Graduated back in 2011)
Sorrow: Sinuses acted up for a bit which wasn't fun.

Joy: FINALLY got my hands of Mtn. Dew Voodoo!
Sorrowish?: I have no idea what the flavor is..I do like it however!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Isn't that a Halloween drink that will only be around for then? Oh come on! It is just the beginning of September! Can we wait until mid-September or at least until after 9/11?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Isn't that a Halloween drink that will only be around for then? Oh come on! It is just the beginning of September! Can we wait until mid-September or at least until after 9/11?
Sam Adams is already putting out Oktoberfest brews. It's pre-pre-pre-Santaday consumerfest. Sigh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anyway back to the Mountain Dew VooDew flavor. I actually had a little bit of it recently. It tastes kind of like an orange creamsicle for me.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Got connection again. Back to work on my fic again.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587