2019/08/07 - Moment Of Truth

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
dr_eirik

Re: 2019/08/07 - Moment Of Truth

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: I want Mr. London to be changed so bad. He is such a moron but he would be perfect as an animal. Jeeves can't because he was the one who did it! ;) Bill, i've done this song and dance several times.
Finally, someone that can be in awe of Falstaff and Truck. :D
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

I mean, I suppose an easy to to fix this problem is to have HER ask him about something only he would know, it's not like it would be possible for Maron to have described every single possible detail of his private life that she would know about and had the squirrel memorize it.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Thank you for reminding me that Mr. London exists. I had forgotten about that little gem of a character!
TendoTwo wrote:I mean, I suppose an easy to to fix this problem is to have HER ask him about something only he would know, it's not like it would be possible for Maron to have described every single possible detail of his private life that she would know about and had the squirrel memorize it.
In this comic, that is perfectly within the realm of possibility.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The problem with that would be that if she didn't know it, she can just accuse the squirrel of making it up though. :/
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The problem with that would be that if she didn't know it, she can just accuse the squirrel of making it up though. :/
How could she not know something that she knows about because she asked him about it?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:So I've been thinking of what Marion could tell Lois to get her to believe him and am putting them in what I call Confessions of a Teenage Squirrel
Hopefully, Marion is smart enough not to reveal a new secret that Lois already knows. You don't want to tick off an agitated person who can literally squeeze the life out of you by accident.

Marion: I'm the one that left that told everyone in second grade that you wet the bed!
Lois: You what?! <Squeezes tighter>
Fido: Miss? I don't think she can breath! And I think that might really be your boyfriend!
Lois: I KNOW!!!
HAHAHA! :lol:
dr_eirik wrote:
SeanWolf wrote: I'm with you there as I don't see here changing as well...but I did notice this: Not to add fuel to the speculation fire, but does it seem that whenever a new human character is introduced, they are immediately changed into an animal?
I know this was mentioned in a previous threat, but I'm not sure that tracks. We've had three humans transformed before Marion. Joel was basically introduced to be transformed, but Steward and Thomas were characters for a long time before they got their fur. There are a lot of other human characters that I would consider at least significant (all of the pets owners, Jeeves, I suppose Mr. London though that's a stretch) that haven't been changed.

I think it just feels like this because Joel/King was the central mystery to this comic for years, and his transformation was set up near the beginning of the strip.
I want Mr. London to be changed so bad. He is such a moron but he would be perfect as an animal. Jeeves can't because he was the one who did it! ;) Bill, i've done this song and dance several times.
Eventually … not soon, but eventually … we're gonna find out that Mr. London is involved in some nefarious plot against the Miltons, perhaps in league with Mr. Steward. :twisted:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
Eventually … not soon, but eventually … we're gonna find out that Mr. London is involved in some nefarious plot against the Miltons, perhaps in league with Mr. Steward. :twisted:
Unless he's Daisys owner and she gets her "play dumb" act from him, then if he's involved in a plot I doubt that he'd have any idea. You do have to wonder why Keene (and presumably Lana now) keeps him around.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it is because he amuses them. LOL
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that it is because he amuses them. LOL
Yeah, that really is all the excuse they need, isn't it? 8-)

I had to go back and look, and when Keene was in court just before the attempt on his life, he was not represented by London, but just "High-Powered Lawyer". So I think you're right. They like him, but even the ferrets are smart enough to not let him handle the big stuff.
shadowlucario50

Truth of Moment of Lies

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Honestly, the only way real way Marion could convince Lois is if he asked how he could convince Lois he is himself. Then Lois could put him through a test to see what to do.
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Lois: I'm not going to hurt her.
Later: Lois picks the squirrel up by the tail then PLOMPs "her" on the ground with a firm grip on the squirrel's chest.

Lois better get Jessica two sandwiches in case she ever finds out.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Some wonder why she’s got a glove on.
Perhaps she has allergies?
Lois is dealing with a wild animal here! What if that squirrel has rabies?
Argent wrote:CONSTANT VIGILANCE! What, you don't have a code phrase set up so your future self can prove they're you? Along with a duress code so you can tell your past self that you're really your future self but they can't trust you because they're also an evil twin.
But how can she be sure Marion didn't tell the squirrel about that?
Ash Greytree wrote:And Steward may not want to risk turning Lois into a predator that could turn right around and rip him to shreds, like what was talked about a bit back. Lois transforming into something like a bobcat
You don't have to be a carnivore to be dangerous. Some herbivores can mess you up big time. Hippos and buffalo spring to mind.
The cape comes with the promotion.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Some wonder why she’s got a glove on.
Perhaps she has allergies?
Lois is dealing with a wild animal here! What if that squirrel has rabies?
I had a strange though about the glove a little while ago that dovetails with the expectation of some that Lois is enjoying her last few minutes as a member of the human race. Marion has that odd-colored foot. Most likely just part of his character design, but perhaps it has some minor importance we don't know yet. Like maybe Marion was wearing a sock or slipper on that foot when he transformed but not the other.

In that case, assuming that Lois only has one glove, is she about to become a squirrel with a darker hand? Inquiring minds are speculating wildly while on brief downtime at work. 8-)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:
Unless he's Daisys owner and she gets her "play dumb" act from him, then if he's involved in a plot I doubt that he'd have any idea. You do have to wonder why Keene (and presumably Lana now) keeps him around.
Daisy's presumed owner, based on an early strip where she's waving a greeting to Sasha, is female - "Ms.London", maybe?
Keene may have a soft spot for dunderheads like the Daryls.
Pumkin6

Post by Pumkin6 »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: I want Mr. London to be changed so bad. He is such a moron but he would be perfect as an animal. Jeeves can't because he was the one who did it! ;) Bill, i've done this song and dance several times.
This is a really dumb question, but who is Mr. London again? I really don't know.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Pumkin6 wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
This is a really dumb question, but who is Mr. London again? I really don't know.
Hes a rather dim lawyer who is employed by the Ferrets. He has only appeared a couple times, and not for a while. Once when getting the wolves from the zoo, and later with Four Finger Discount when he went to pay a fine. London had apparently thought the fine was $7000, not $700.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That shows off his apparent intelligence (or lack thereof) right there. :D
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Long over due thought but Marion would have been 11. What janitor would think an eleven year old would be doing drugs the bathroom? What kind of school was Marion going to? :?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:Long over due thought but Marion would have been 11. What janitor would think an eleven year old would be doing drugs the bathroom? What kind of school was Marion going to? :?
Sadly, that doesn't shock me all that much. My kids were telling me of rumored drug problems at their middle school, which in their district is 6th and 7th grade. I don't know if this was just rumor or reality. I hope the former, I fear the latter.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The stories I could tell you about my middle school when I was there and how bad it is degraded in the 13 years since. But since I don't wanna risk getting banned again I will just leave it at that.