2019/07/31 - I Am Not Made Of Stone

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/07/31 - I Am Not Made Of Stone

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love how Karishad still blames Dallas for everything that he can think of at this point. :D Was it even him who blew the temple up?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:What if...

They're only able to move because Marion's there?
Interesting, but the fact that you see the gargoyle sweating, then expressing relief when they leave seems like they are hiding their ability from Karishad for some reason.
That reason is probably Cornhole.
You make an excellent point...

Amazee Dayzee wrote: I just love how Karishad still blames Dallas for everything that he can think of at this point. :D Was it even him who blew the temple up?
I'm not sure that you can pin it on any particular individual. I suppose that the closest that you could do is Res. I think him closing the portal is what did the temple in in the end.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I just love how Karishad still blames Dallas for everything that he can think of at this point. :D Was it even him who blew the temple up?
I'm hoping this means Dallas and Joey somehow get dragged into this.
shadowlucario50

These Puns Rock!

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Ash Greytree wrote:I wonder if there’s any residual magic(k) humming and thrumming about down there. The gargoyles seem pretty much permanently enchanted, probably by Pete himself, but I feel like the temple collapsing might have led to some of its power seeping out into nearby areas. Maybe it was a magic(k) leak that transformed Marion? Like a gas leak, only more fuzzy and cute than lethal and tragic.
I'm surprised no one is mentioning this thought because it's probably the most plausible theory of Marion's transformation.

Also, glad to see what happened to the gargoyles.
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

shadowlucario50 wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:I wonder if there’s any residual magic(k) humming and thrumming about down there. The gargoyles seem pretty much permanently enchanted, probably by Pete himself, but I feel like the temple collapsing might have led to some of its power seeping out into nearby areas. Maybe it was a magic(k) leak that transformed Marion? Like a gas leak, only more fuzzy and cute than lethal and tragic.
I'm surprised no one is mentioning this thought because it's probably the most plausible theory of Marion's transformation.

Also, glad to see what happened to the gargoyles.
A magical leak that took an entire year to take effect? Man, supernatural energy moves at snail's pace.

But yes, it's nice to know what happened to the gargoyles.
I wonder if the orcs and the kobolds and all the other monsters and creatures from the temple are hiding there too.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Silly Zealot wrote: I wonder if the orcs and the kobolds and all the other monsters and creatures from the temple are hiding there too.
Well, we know the Grue made it over....
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote: I just love how Karishad still blames Dallas for everything that he can think of at this point. :D Was it even him who blew the temple up?
I'm not sure that you can pin it on any particular individual. I suppose that the closest that you could do is Res. I think him closing the portal is what did the temple in in the end.
When Res used up all the mana to destroy the forgotten there was nothing left to keep the pocket dimension stable or the structure itself. It is actually Res’s fault but he’s in Canada and out of Kari’s reach.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kari just decided to focus his anger on Dallas since he seemed to be the most logical one to vent it on during everything that happened. :lol:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:Oh, you liked The Pagemaster too? (Yes I know almost nobody did)
I have seen it but I don't recall the story at all, just fragmentary images. I have no idea whether I liked it or not.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

When Res used up all the mana to destroy the forgotten there was nothing left to keep the pocket dimension stable or the structure itself. It is actually Res’s fault but he’s in Canada and out of Kari’s reach.
That's assuming that Kari even knows what happened in those last few minutes since he was hugging Mungos' leg when they beamed out. Besides, Dallas did a really twerpy thing by tagging the front of the temple. Even if he thought it was just a set, that's still pretty rude. You can't really blame Kari for being mad at him.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

That's assuming that Kari even knows what happened in those last few minutes since he was hugging Mungos' leg when they beamed out. Besides, Dallas did a really twerpy thing by tagging the front of the temple. Even if he thought it was just a set, that's still pretty rude. You can't really blame Kari for being mad at him.
One thing I've noticed is that Dallas is not the innocent geeky dork you might think from looking at him. He has a mean streak.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

But, still, poor Marion is now in "grueland" - tres ominous!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: One thing I've noticed is that Dallas is not the innocent geeky dork you might think from looking at him. He has a mean streak.
Other than that one time, I hadn't really noticed. Lester struck me as having a mean streak. Though I wonder if Kitsune may have mitigated that a bit.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm hoping that Kitsune has knocked down Lester a peg but with Dallas's mean streak, it means that the two of them might have switched roles in Joey's group now.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm hoping that Kitsune has knocked down Lester a peg but with Dallas's mean streak, it means that the two of them might have switched roles in Joey's group now.
Mean streak? Spray painting one 'obviously fake' temple does not mean he has a mean streak. More examples please.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm hoping that Kitsune has knocked down Lester a peg but with Dallas's mean streak, it means that the two of them might have switched roles in Joey's group now.
Mean streak? Spray painting one 'obviously fake' temple does not mean he has a mean streak. More examples please.

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:

I can kind of see it in here, but not really. Sure, it looks like he intended to brain Lester with a bat, but it's the equivalent of Fox beating the tar out of Bino in my mind. He didn't even do it. The second he was following Lesters lead. Not cool, but not that mean.

Lester seems to be the one who really has a nasty streak.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:I can kind of see it in here, but not really. Sure, it looks like he intended to brain Lester with a bat, but it's the equivalent of Fox beating the tar out of Bino in my mind. He didn't even do it. The second he was following Lesters lead. Not cool, but not that mean.

Lester seems to be the one who really has a nasty streak.
Lester is the real nasty one but Dallas isn't a saint either. Honestly if we saw more of him then maybe we could get a better idea of who he really is. But still, a bat though, just because Lester was in some sort of weird trance.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yeah, but also Rule of Funny

Literally no one in this comic is a saint, and they all have the potential to be mean at times, so yeah, Dallas is included in that. But to me Dallas presents as generally kind where as Lester presents as generally uncaring. And people usually judge others on the general case, so it shouldn't be too surprising that others don't really see Dallas as having something that could be read to the level of "mean streak"
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I lean toward Dallas as more clueless than mean. When he wanted to break Lester from his trance, his mind went to baseball bat. Thankfully, Squeak was there to come up with a better idea. Skimming around his handful of appearances, he can be a little too up into the pop culture, but he's a follower of Lesters.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Has Daisy ever been mean to anyone?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I get that this strip is mainly a continuation of the "I'm still blaming you for this" joke but I wonder if it will lead to something down the line. A feud between Kari and the nerds.
dr_eirik wrote:I lean toward Dallas as more clueless than mean. When he wanted to break Lester from his trance, his mind went to baseball bat. Thankfully, Squeak was there to come up with a better idea. Skimming around his handful of appearances, he can be a little too up into the pop culture, but he's a follower of Lesters.
Clueless is a better word. Honestly Dallas is a huge dork that needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap and protected from the world. His problem really stems from the toxicity that can stem from fan cultures and the elitism that rises out from it. Because they had actual outfits they were "better' than Peanut and the rest. In the earliest strips of him, he was this little gem who makes you want to go "You are so precious."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Dallas in the earlier strips makes me want to take him home and hug him and kiss him and squeeze him with all my heart and be such a great friend and call him George Dallas. ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:I get that this strip is mainly a continuation of the "I'm still blaming you for this" joke but I wonder if it will lead to something down the line. A feud between Kari and the nerds.
Did he try to throw Joey into the pool, in order to fill it with Nerds, before or after the Temple collapsed?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I get that this strip is mainly a continuation of the "I'm still blaming you for this" joke but I wonder if it will lead to something down the line. A feud between Kari and the nerds.
Did he try to throw Joey into the pool, in order to fill it with Nerds, before or after the Temple collapsed?
That was way before the temple. Back in 2014

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to admit I just do love it when Kari ends up taking things way too literal because it is adorable. :mrgreen: