Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ash Greytree

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: I went and saw my friend perform live last night. He plays guitar and sings blues-country stuff. He was awesome.
Sorrows: He's heading off to Baton Rouge soon, and we won't be seeing him for a bit.
Joys: But then again, Baton Rouge isn't that far away from here (relatively speaking), so it's not like he's going all the way to the East or West coast; it's literally just a four hour drive. May go see him with my other friends sometime in the near future.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Joy: My uncle and cousins are over visiting from the States.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Loved Alaska … nice to be home.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Got all but one challenge done in Smash Ultimate. All I need to do to complete the challenge board is to finish the world of light in new game plus without getting any of my 3 fighters k.o.ed in the final fight.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do you know actually how difficult that it will be and if you will be able to get it done easily?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: The external HDD for my Xbox died. I'd go get a new one tomorrow, but I have some serious studying and work to do before my exam on Saturday. To top that all off, I'm almost at my data cap for the month. Downloading all the games I play is going to put me at an overage. I really need to stop having multiple tabs with streams open at the same time...

Joys: I have two "Courtesy Months" of overages, so I should be fine downloading all those games again once I get some new storage either Sunday or Monday. A clean start will also let me decide which games I actually want to keep and play and which ones I don't. Also, not having those games to distract me means I can double down on my studies before the exam.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good luck.
Last edited by trekkie on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hope that you do really well on your exams Ash!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, crush `em!!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Netted an 86 on my final exam, and a 92 on my final project. I got a 91 in the class overall. Now for a well-deserved break over the next month before fall semester.
Sorrows: Allergies were kicking my butt up and down the street over the weekend and I was all out of daytime allergy medicine. Hopefully we'll get some dang rain in the near future to tamp down on the junk in the air.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Sorrow: Today I had a freaky episode where my contact lens got lost in my right eye. I got nervous when I couldn't feel it anymore and I was certain it hadn't fallen out.
Joy: The lens finally fell out of my eye when I lifted my eyelid, even though I tried that before to no effect. I never felt it up there either so I dunno where it came from :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or you could go and get more allergy medication unless it has to be prescribed for you?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Or you could go and get more allergy medication unless it has to be prescribed for you?
I grabbed some while I was out earlier today, yeah. Feeling much better. It also rained, which was nice since we hadn’t had any in a few weeks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I'm finally back on my OCD medication!

Sorrow: It will need some time to build back up in my system to start helping again.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Joy: After grinding to increase my rank and credit balance, I finally purchased an Imperial Cutter in Elite Dangerous. I'm gonna use it for mining valuable minerals

Sorrow: I am now 400 million credits poorer
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My OCD medication sitll hasn't built up enough in my system to help me stop obsessing over everything.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: A Stephen King movie gave me an idea for another novel!
Sorrow: Now I got three I'm working on...yay?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Make sure that you pace yourself so you don't suffer from burnout.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Doing some light renovating, by which I mean cleaning up all the miscellaneous tchotchkes I don't use anymore and replacing old stuff with new stuff. Got myself a new shelf to replace an old beaten-up one that was just being used as a repository for ancient DVDs and books I didn't care about anymore. The new one is serving me well already as an organizer for all the day-to-day stuff like my messenger bag, gym bag, my Switch, important electronics, and what-not.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ash Greytree wrote:Joys: Doing some light renovating, by which I mean cleaning up all the miscellaneous tchotchkes I don't use anymore and replacing old stuff with new stuff. Got myself a new shelf to replace an old beaten-up one that was just being used as a repository for ancient DVDs and books I didn't care about anymore. The new one is serving me well already as an organizer for all the day-to-day stuff like my messenger bag, gym bag, my Switch, important electronics, and what-not.
We had to do a bunch of that when we moved outta North Carolina a couple of years ago. Was an ordeal, but worth it. Gave a lot of books and thingy-things away, using the line "they're like kittens and I want them to have good homes." Good luck with all that, Ash. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Went to the beach today and it was fun except for a few issues

Sorrow: I ACCIDENTALLY put the cooler bag in the wrong car like an idiot and we couldn't swim for the first 90 minutes because there was a shark spotted in the water
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Took Sophie to the beach and she introduced us to all the dogs she knows. Wonder if Rick will ever add a Golden Retriever to the cast?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he does, I know a certain bat from the forums who has a Golden Retriever as one of his pets and characters who can help Rick out. ;)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Got a haircut today and it looks good. After getting back from my haircut, I also got done with cleaning up all my clutter. It feels incredibly satisfying to see open space where all those old books and miscellaneous tchotchkes were. Now to figure out where I want to hang my framed posters...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

LOL every time I see the word " tchotchkes", I have to look it up because it sounds like a load of gibberish at first. :lol:
Nathan Kerbonaut

Joy: Just had a great jogging session. It makes up for the underwhelming Beat Saber session I had this morning.

Sorrow: I find myself increasingly frustrated with having my dad as a jogging partner. To our agony, he misconceives that the hottest time of the day is the best time to burn calories. I explained why I disagree, but his conviction remains.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Joy: Just had a great jogging session. It makes up for the underwhelming Beat Saber session I had this morning.

Sorrow: I find myself increasingly frustrated with having my dad as a jogging partner. To our agony, he misconceives that the hottest time of the day is the best time to burn calories. I explained why I disagree, but his conviction remains.
I think that's seriously excellent that you and your Dad jog together. At my age and my stage, I have to use a gym treadmill (fear of falling and so on). Be real careful of dehydration when you run in the sun, not to mention burns and overheating.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I lost the plug for my hair straightener which means when I need to straighten my hair I can't since I can plug it in. :x
Nathan Kerbonaut

NHWestoN wrote:I think that's seriously excellent that you and your Dad jog together. At my age and my stage, I have to use a gym treadmill (fear of falling and so on). Be real careful of dehydration when you run in the sun, not to mention burns and overheating.....
Yeah despite his poor choice of timing he's a lot of fun to run with. He's in better shape than I am so I need the exercise. I doubt I'd have the same enthusiasm about jogging if he didn't encourage me to go.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: Feeling shame and sorrow realizing I can't escape that type of addiction I won't name. I hope I could escape that addiction somehow. Also it's getting hard to breathe. Please pray for me that I'll overcome that addiction.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorry for your sufferings, James. You have my prayers but please get some professional help.....
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Yeah James, if your problem's that serious, you should definitely get help.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

You are in my prayers, James.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm always here to talk if you want someone to talk to.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Since my mother is working on and around my actual birthday, my parents took me out to eat today and later we are gonna have my cake.

Sorrow: My sibling is unfortunately unable to come over to have cake because she made plans to go clubbing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Joy: Since my mother is working on and around my actual birthday, my parents took me out to eat today and later we are gonna have my cake.

Sorrow: My sibling is unfortunately unable to come over to have cake because she made plans to go clubbing.
A very merry "UnBirthday" to yooooooooooou! (With apologies to Ed Winn and Jerry Colonna.)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Joy: Just beat the Beat Saber level Country Rounds on Expert+ for the first time. I'm really happy because have a special connection to this song. This was the first Beat Saber song that I ever played (and immediately hooked me into the game) and I've always considered it a benchmark for how my skill has improved. For several months I've slowly increased the difficulty. Completing it on maximum difficulty is super satisfying.
Plus, this song makes me think of Housepets because I listened to it while reading the comic for the first time :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The kittens that we have are finally being more sociable and actually come up to me!

Sorrow: One of my college classes has been cancelled which means its gonna take LONGER for me to get this degree.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: recovering from an exploratory procedure and got a roaring headache - but it's over, problem is simple and solvable, and got a good book. So, all totaled up - joy!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: Went to the mall during the middle of the day today to look for some hoodies. During the evenings, if I'm headed out & about, I like to wear a hoodie regardless of weather, usually with the sleeves rolled up if it's hot outside. I went to multiple stores to try and find some good zip-up ones, but most everything was just pullover.

Joys: Ate a healthy lunch at one of the restaurants connected to the mall and managed to get a good bit of exercise in by walking all over the place. As well, I also found a trio of nice-looking shirts in one department store, and they were all on sale. Lastly, when I got home I just ordered a couple of zip-up hoodies online.