HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Buster »

SeanWolf wrote:"Actually, I heard it too..." Leon said, his ears also perked up, as he looked to Phoebe, "I don't know much about your friend, but do they know if they're violent or not?"
CyberDragon wrote:"Ghostie thinks everyone's gonna try an' hurt me. Even if they won't..." she said, shaking there head. "I think he only knows if their strong or something."
"I'm pretty sure that spectre would accuse an empty chair of plotting against her if it thought anyone would listen." Rua mutters, rolling her eyes, though she does give a small amused grin.
CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe picked up on a very small amount of disappointment in Rua's mannerisms when she showed the collar. She felt a little bit sad, not understanding why, but knew Rua was trying to be nice about it. Now though, there was something a little more pressing than the collar. "They sounded... hurt? Like... or scared? Can we help them?"
"I... I'm not sure, I still cant hear anyone specific over the crowds. Leon?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"I... I'm not sure, I still cant hear anyone specific over the crowds. Leon?"
"I can somewhat hear them but I'm not to apt at gauging people's feelings or emotions. I don't think they're bad though as...well that stuff didn't form on my body like last time."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I come up here," Jake said, wandering the path, "when I need to be reminded how beautiful this town can be." He turned as the wind picked up and regarded Bonnie as she looked around. "Of course," he added, not caring about being corny, "the view's not normally this beautiful."
--------------
"Sandy," Kaylee asked, sitting next to Socks and putting a concerned arm around him as she heard her winds picking up, "can you scout ahead a bit? You're likely the least threatening looking of us."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe shivered slightly in the wind. She wasn't really old enough to realize that wind inside a shop was a strange thing, but nevertheless, she was starting to feel afraid. She felt afraid of the potential danger approaching, and afraid for the well-being of the person she could hear in pain. Nightmare's eyes were glowing again, and it's long, spiderlike claws crept out of the dark patches of her fur like a shadow transitioning into bones of obsidian. It gripped her shoulder gently, and pulled it's dead, pitch black skull out of the patterns next to look over Phoebe's shoulder. Nightmare scanned the area with it's glowing, crimson eyes. It seemed to sense where the distress was coming from, because it pointed a long, bony finger at the door and a little to the left, in the direction of the approaching people. The nightmare's jaws moved, and a sinister whispering escaped it's mouth.

"Ghostie says someone's coming from that way..." Phoebe turned to Rua, looking a lot like she had a conjoined twin that was also an inky corpse. She walked up to her guardian and huddled up next to her, and Nightmare melted back into her fur.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay! Come on, Holly! Tho what am I looking for, Kaylee?" Once he feels the invisible spirit crawl into his satchel and receives his instructions from Kaylee, the dog cautiously heads deeper into the mall, sniffing as he goes. Unfortunately for him, Kaylee's winds are blowing the scents away from him, making it difficult for him to pick anything up. His attention is briefly attracted by a pigeon as he nears the pet shop and by the time he looks toward the window Ghostie has already melted back into Phoebe so he sees nothing amiss with the small rabbit save that she's holding her collar instead of wearing it.

Socks, meanwhile, finds himself leaning on Kaylee for support as Phoebe's fear joins the onslaught.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

finishing up paying for the collar she hands it back tho phoebe just before a yellow canine comes into sight. this close she can get a much better read. a strong fire user, with an ethereal presence about him that suggests an incorporeal companion. rua's gaze tracks him as he approaches and... walks right past them?

what?

WHAT?

any apprehension she had been feeling immediately vacates, replaced by sheer confusion. this made no sense, he registers as a spellcaster, and a powerful one at that, sensing Rua should have been just as instinctive a thing for him as it is for her, especially this close. how could he just walk right past... unless...

"I don't think it's us they're looking for..?" she whispers, her utter bafflement showing in her voice.

was there something else here they had picked up on that she hadn't?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:finishing up paying for the collar she hands it back tho phoebe just before a yellow canine comes into sight. this close she can get a much better read. a strong fire user, with an ethereal presence about him that suggests an incorporeal companion. rua's gaze tracks him as he approaches and... walks right past them?

what?

WHAT?

any apprehension she had been feeling immediately vacates, replaced by sheer confusion. this made no sense, he registers as a spellcaster, and a powerful one at that, sensing Rua should have been just as instinctive a thing for him as it is for her, especially this close. how could he just walk right past... unless...

"I don't think it's us they're looking for..?" she whispers, her utter bafflement showing in her voice.

Leon was surprisingly quiet as the events unfolded before him, though a bit of uneasiness was beginning creep over him like a winter skin.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:finishing up paying for the collar she hands it back tho phoebe just before a yellow canine comes into sight. this close she can get a much better read. a strong fire user, with an ethereal presence about him that suggests an incorporeal companion. rua's gaze tracks him as he approaches and... walks right past them?

what?

WHAT?

Phoebe stepped out cautiously from behind Rua. She turns slightly to look up at her guardian. "I dunno... who else would they be looking for?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay! Come on, Holly! Tho what am I looking for, Kaylee?" Once he feels the invisible spirit crawl into his satchel and receives his instructions from Kaylee, the dog cautiously heads deeper into the mall, sniffing as he goes. Unfortunately for him, Kaylee's winds are blowing the scents away from him, making it difficult for him to pick anything up. His attention is briefly attracted by a pigeon as he nears the pet shop and by the time he looks toward the window Ghostie has already melted back into Phoebe so he sees nothing amiss with the small rabbit save that she's holding her collar instead of wearing it.

Socks, meanwhile, finds himself leaning on Kaylee for support as Phoebe's fear joins the onslaught.
Sandy might notice when Phoebe turned around that something was definitely not right with the rabbit. Something dark, like a shadow, or a part of her darker fur, was slinking across her body. Something with glowing crimson eyes. It made it's way into a skull-like pattern of black fur on her back, but the eyes still glowed. Their piercing glare directed straight at the dog, like they were seeing into his soul...
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sensing the movment, Sandy glances back at Phoebe and suddenly finds himself transfixed by the glowing gaze of Ghostie. He stops, staring, unable to look away. From the motion, or lack thereof, in his satchel, he deduces that Holly is likewise pinned by the phantom's glare.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, we're about to find out one way or another, because Ghostie sucks at not being seen." Rua states flatly, if quietly, brows knitted together in a flat line, and her tone somewhere between annoyed and disinterested. one hand coming up to rest on her face as she tries to take a deep breath calmly, letting her hand drop as she exhaled.

"Dog." She states forcefully, addressing sandy in a tone similar to the one she'd used when first meeting Eclipse. well... minus the spiky magical cage, and death-threat. and a lot more civil. but still 'angry cat' ish. "Unless you have something to say, stop staring and move on."

At first glance sandy might mistake her for a black cat, unless he notices the rounded ears, non-slitted eyes, or tail tuft.

Also socks can likely pick up that Sandy has Rua's undivided attention at the moment, and that she doesn't like him staring at Phoebe.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You up for getting a bit further in, Socks," Kaylee questioned, the winds picking up around her.
----------------
Jake stepped back slightly in the formerly calm weather and looked over at Bonnie before resting by the wall overlooking the street. "I might be crazy," he admitted, "but does it seem that wind's coming from inside the mall?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I... I can try..." Socks answers, pushing himself up and leaning on Kaylee.
"Now you see why I hate my power. It's debilitating."

~~~~
Rua's tone startles Sandy just enough to break Ghostie's hold on him. He's can tell Rua doesn't look quite like other cats but isn't educated enough to realise the significance of what he's seeing, and anyway, he has more pressing things to think about.
"You're them, aren't you?" he blurts. "I mean, you don't know uth but Thockth thaid thomeone knew we were here and wath thcared of uth and angry and thomething. Tho they thent me to find them and tell them not to be thcared and angry becauthe apparently I'm not at thcary ath the otherth and anyway we don't want to hurt you or fight or anything, we really jutht came to the mall to exthplore and hang out."
He tries to give his tail a wag but, still under Rua's influence, only half succeeds.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

bonnie pauses a moment and 'hmmm...'s muttering 'indoor wind... indoor wind...' as she tries to remember why that's familiar, before snapping her fingers and stating "Exploding garbage can!" as if that's an explanation pausing long enough for any baffled looks coming her way to sink in before more calmly explaining "whatsername... The tabby cat in the biker jacket. she's gotta be down there."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Well, we're about to find out one way or another, because Ghostie sucks at not being seen." Rua states flatly, if quietly, brows knitted together in a flat line, and her tone somewhere between annoyed and disinterested. one hand coming up to rest on her face as she tries to take a deep breath calmly, letting her hand drop as she exhaled.

"Dog." She states forcefully, addressing sandy in a tone similar to the one she'd used when first meeting Eclipse. well... minus the spiky magical cage, and death-threat. and a lot more civil. but still 'angry cat' ish. "Unless you have something to say, stop staring and move on."

At first glance sandy might mistake her for a black cat, unless he notices the rounded ears, non-slitted eyes, or tail tuft.

Also socks can likely pick up that Sandy has Rua's undivided attention at the moment, and that she doesn't like him staring at Phoebe.
Phoebe whimpered a little bit and hid behind Rua when she confronted the dog. Her fear was increasing, and Ghostie's skeletal hand started creeping up her shoulder again...
Hlaoroo wrote:Rua's tone startles Sandy just enough to break Ghostie's hold on him. He's can tell Rua doesn't look quite like other cats but isn't educated enough to realise the significance of what he's seeing, and anyway, he has more pressing things to think about.
"You're them, aren't you?" he blurts. "I mean, you don't know uth but Thockth thaid thomeone knew we were here and wath thcared of uth and angry and thomething. Tho they thent me to find them and tell them not to be thcared and angry becauthe apparently I'm not at thcary ath the otherth and anyway we don't want to hurt you or fight or anything, we really jutht came to the mall to exthplore and hang out."
He tries to give his tail a wag but, still under Rua's influence, only half succeeds.
...at least, until the dog started talking. Socks would feel the fear in the air lessen slightly as Phoebe started giggling. It's hard to be afraid of someone with an adorable lisp. "You talk funny!" she said without any tact as children tend to do. "We're here to get me a bed and a collar!" she said, holding up her newly purchased purple collar like it was her most prized possession. Which, given she only owns a book and a collar, is pretty close to true.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Um, forgive me..." Leon, still feeling a bit uneasy though not to the point of him wanting to lash out and having to regret his actions, kindly asked the dog, "But...who are you?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex nodded, slightly bothered that Socks was seeming to suffer from the start of what was meant to be a simple outing. "Alright, either stay here or go at a pace that's comfortable. I'll go catch up with Sandy. Better safe than sorry, yeah?" She made her way forward, following along to where Sandy ventured, not feeling much of a need to rush overall. As she moved she saw Sandy speaking to another group and was glad it seemed at least not bad, which brought a light smile to her face as she walked towards Sandy and placed her smaller body besides his. "Eh, Sandy, who ya talkin' to?"

Amanda, meanwhile, didn't really know what to do or even say, feeling she'd just make it worse. She stood nearby, fiddling with her sparkling bow as she tried her best to repress her emotions to try and ease Socks burden as much as she could.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:Rua's tone startles Sandy just enough to break Ghostie's hold on him. He's can tell Rua doesn't look quite like other cats but isn't educated enough to realise the significance of what he's seeing, and anyway, he has more pressing things to think about.
Rua had not expected the other mage to have a speech impediment, and it throws her off kilter slightly. "Not as... what?" is the best she manages to get out, utterly baffled by Sandy's self assessment.

the strongest of the four is somehow the least threatening? What? he feels like he could ash an entire villa on a whim, how could he not be aware of that, not sense that? anyone with even the least bit of...

oh...

he's completely untrained. He didn't sense us because he can't, no one's taught him how...

between that realization, his speech patern still throwing her off, and phoebe's silly, enthusiastic, reaction, by the time Alex showed up Rua would be busy laughing at the absurdity of this whole scenario.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Naw, I talk normal! Everyone elthe talkth funny!" Sandy tells Phoebe with a shake of his head that flaps his ears adorably.
"That'th a pretty collar though!" he grins, kneeling to be on the bunny's level. "Did you jutht get adopted too? I jutht got adopted yethterday, mythelf!"

The retriever's ears perk as much as they can when the wolf addresses him.
"Oh, thorry! My name'th Thandy. Thandy Athscroft." he answers before waving to Alex.
"Oh, hey, Alekth. Er... I don't know actually. But they're them, the oneth Thockth thaid. I'm thsure of it." he asserts before turning back, puzzled as he hears Rua.
"Pardon? ... Er... What'th tho funny?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake sighed. "Reckon we should go down and see if we can help stop things kicking off," he asked Bonnie reluctantly, having hoped for at least five minutes up here alone. He got ready to hold Bonnie and drop back into the alley.
----------
"I wonder if he's found them," Kaylee queried, gently moving Socks forward towards where Sandy had gone.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

In the space of a blink the mall was gone, there was nothing around socks but a white void. No other presences, no minds to leech emotions from, no structures, no ground, no sky, nothing.

after what would feel like a few minutes of lonely silence, a figure would walk into his peripheral vision. a little over six feet tall, winged and moving with feline grace, the figure is built like a big cat and covered in beige fur, save for her head and neck where a very human looking face peeks out from behind equally human looking locks cut in a Cleopatra style. The hair is black like her tail tuft and the primary row of feathers on her wingtips, in stark contrast to the lighter coloring everywhere else. A wide v shaped gold collar concealing where bare skin blends with soft fur below her neck, and matching bands decorate each arm just below the shoulder, and each folded wing at the upper bend.

she seems to be looking Socks over, as if appraising a work of art, yet she has no presence. there's no mind for socks to feel anything from her, as if she's not really here...

"You're a fascinating one... What a marvelous ability... And to think my mortal counterpart thought the dog was exaggerating about being able to sense emotions..."

For the first time in his life the only feelings Socks can sense are his own. At first it's very disorienting but gradually he relaxes and begins to enjoy it. It's his equivalent of a sensory deprivation tank and a sense of calmness washes over him.

A song from a show that one of the other inmates at the pound had sung floats through his mind, even as he floats through the void.

And suddenly everything, everything is...
Quiet
Like silence, but not really silent.
Just that still sort of quiet.
Like the sound of a page being turned in a book.
Or a pause in a walk in the woods.
Quiet
Like silence, but not really silent.
Just that nice kind of quiet.
Like the sound when you lie upside down in your bed.
Just the sound of your heart in your head.
And though the people around me.
Their mouths are still moving.
The words they are forming.
Cannot reach me anymore!
And it is quiet.
And I am warm.
Like I've sailed.
Into the eye of the storm.

There's no sense of time passing so the cat isn't sure how long it is before he notices the figure observing him or for how long she's been there. And somehow, it doesn't seem to matter. He takes his time examining her, even as she evaluates him and it takes him a few moments to find his voice after she speaks.

He's somewhat embarrassed to find that the first words he blurts are:
"Am I dead?"

she seems to grin at that, now in front of him and looking him in the eyes.

"No child, you're very much alive. I would ask why mortals always ask that, but, well you're mortals, so it's a bit obvious. and you'd probably take it as an actual question, not a rhetorical expression of frustration, anyway." Despite her words she still seems amused as she takes a few steps back, claws clicking against the non existent floor and echoing oddly through the void.

Gesturing around at the nothing around them she explains, "In truth your physical form isn't even here. Your body is still back at the mall. I thought being away from distracting minds would make it easier for us to talk." below them the ground seems to shimmer before becoming a faded looking view of part of the mall from above, Socks can see his own form leaning on Kaylee below them. oddly everything seems to be in a sort of ultra-slow-motion. the kind you would almost mistake for a still image were it not for tiny flickers of motion here and there.

"I see... Well, you certainly got my attention." Socks says dryly.
"Given your reference to me as a mortal, I take it you're a god of some kind? Care to explain all this then?"

"A perceptive one, yes you could call what I am that. In simplest terms, you caught my curiosity, little one." she explains, gesturing at socks, "And when I looked closer, I noticed that your ability might be a problem in the presence of one linked to me."

"They always have such a temper..." the way she says that part is odd, like she considers hostility endearing...

It doesn't take Socks long to realise what she's getting at.
"You're the source of all the anger I was feeling? But why?"

"Why does a fish swim? why does a bird fly? Why do plants seek the sun?" she asks in response. rolling her eyes. "A mother needs the will to protect her cubs, a warrior needs the desire to strike his foe. I am their drive. And as a part of me, so is she."

"Indeed, but anger on that level leads to rashness and thus to increased danger. A mother protects their kits out of love, not hate. And a warrior consumed by anger is easily tempted into a trap and dispatched." Socks points out.
"But you didn't bring me here to debate emotions. What do you want from me?"

"Well if you're going to get that technical, Hate is only one expression of Wrath, and not even the most common one. There's far more to me than that." the sphinx complains, scowling and folding her arms across her chest. "But no, you're right. As I said earlier, your ability intrigues me. I rather like my favored mortals not coming to harm by my claws, So I have a gift for you. You'll find it when you-"

-= + =-

-wake up...

The sights sensations and sounds of the mall are back, and Kaylee is only a single word further through what she was saying than when socks blacked out...

It all feels like a dream, and there's a sort of disconnect from reality. but, there's also a strange weight carefully tucked underneath socks collar... were he to check, he would find a pendant with a crossed sword and bow etched into it, on a silver chain.

The aggressive presence deeper into the mall is gone, unless he takes it off.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Naw, I talk normal! Everyone elthe talkth funny!" Sandy tells Phoebe with a shake of his head that flaps his ears adorably.
"That'th a pretty collar though!" he grins, kneeling to be on the bunny's level. "Did you jutht get adopted too? I jutht got adopted yethterday, mythelf!"

The retriever's ears perk as much as they can when the wolf addresses him.
"Oh, thorry! My name'th Thandy. Thandy Athscroft." he answers before waving to Alex.
"Oh, hey, Alekth. Er... I don't know actually. But they're them, the oneth Thockth thaid. I'm thsure of it." he asserts before turning back, puzzled as he hears Rua.
"Pardon? ... Er... What'th tho funny?"
"Hello...erm...Sandy, was it?" Leon struggled to reply as he never met anyone who had a lisp before, "I'm Leon...the new guy in town."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Naw, I talk normal! Everyone elthe talkth funny!" Sandy tells Phoebe with a shake of his head that flaps his ears adorably.
Phoebe giggled at Sandy's joke and silly flapping ears. "Thanks!" she said regarding his comment about her collar. Finally, she responded to the last part about adoption. "Yep! Miss Rua adopted me today! She gave me food, and fixed my hurt arm, and then gave me a bed and a collar! She also said she's gonna get me some stuff to draw with! Real stuff!"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks' paw goes to his neck as he feels the unaccustomed weight but he doesn't investigate for now. He stands slightly straighter, still overwhelmed by the Nightmare but no longer crushed by the weight of the anger.
"I think he has... There's.. Confusion now. And amusement..." Socks also sounds confused.

~~~~~~~~
"Hi, Leon!" Sandy wags, offering the wolf a paw to shake from his kneeling position.
"That'th really cool, Mith Bunny! I like drawing too! What'th your name, by the way?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hi, Leon!" Sandy wags, offering the wolf a paw to shake from his kneeling position.
"That'th really cool, Mith Bunny! I like drawing too! What'th your name, by the way?"
While a bit hesitant, Leon nods and accepts Sandy's offer and shakes their paw "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Leon...Friend of these two here...though we kind of didn't meet under the best circumstances."
Last edited by SeanWolf on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua seems distracted a moment, her attention elsewhere. when her attention is back on the dog she s surprised to see another with him and notices the introductions being made, and the mention of art supplies. "Right, we still need to find a store for that..."

- - - - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jake sighed. "Reckon we should go down and see if we can help stop things kicking off," he asked Bonnie reluctantly, having hoped for at least five minutes up here alone. He got ready to hold Bonnie and drop back into the alley.
"...So even on my day off i'm putting out fires..." Bonnie sounds torn. on one paw, there's a part of her that just wants to enjoy her evening, on the other, she's a service dog. Waning to help is in her nature...

Reluctantly, she joins Jake in returnin to street level.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hi, Leon!" Sandy wags, offering the wolf a paw to shake from his kneeling position.
"I'm Phoebe!" Phoebe said with childish enthusiasm. "My... Um... Friend, said you were strong!"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Far more than he realizes..." Rua mumbles, when phoebe brings up Sandy's talents.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After doing a version of the 'Hero landing' that didn't involve his - already occupied - handpaws, Jake let Bonnie down (after stealing a quick kiss) and started heading across towards the Mall, unsure of what they'd find inside as the wind dipped.
------------
"Well," Kaylee suggested, trying to sound more confident than she felt but being labelled a liar by the winds, "shall we go see what's happening?" She stepped forward, thankful Sandy was OK. She concentrated and, although she wasn't able to rid the mall of the winds, she was able to tamp them down.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Me? Thtrong? I don't think I'm any thtronger than any other dog. I definitely haven't been to the gym." Sandy looks puzzled, completely missing Phoebe's meaning.

~~~~~~~~
"I suppose we'd better." Socks sighs, wincing as a fresh pain lances through his head.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"You're funny!" Phoebe giggled. "My friend said you've got special powers like us!"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"You've really got to stop blurting that out in... public..." Rua trails off, looking around, noticing for the first time the storm winds coursing through the mall, and more importantly the reaction to it. It's dying down now somewhat, but this part of the mall is nearly abandoned...

"Well... I guess its not much public any more. Is the third one doing that deliberately? it's a bit conspicuous..." she states, her tone disapproving and mildly annoyed. the winds oddity not having occurred to her before now due to the markets back home being near entirely open-air structures, rather than enclosed.

- - - - - -

"Kind of wishing i hadn't burned through all of my spell charges earlier..." Bonnie comments quietly as the duo make their way across the parking lot. "Usually i have at least two in reserve unless we get a call, but I didn't think I'd need them..."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"You've really got to stop blurting that out in... public..." Rua trails off, looking around, noticing for the first time the storm winds coursing through the mall, and more importantly the reaction to it. It's dying down now somewhat, but this part of the mall is nearly abandoned...

"Well... I guess its not much public any more. Is the third one doing that deliberately? it's a bit conspicuous..." she states, her tone disapproving and mildly annoyed. the winds oddity not having occurred to her before now due to the markets back home being near entirely open-air structures, rather than enclosed.
"Uh, what's going on, Rua?" Leon, who just finished shaking the one's paw, asks as he just realized that the area of the mall they are at is suspiciously empty, all the while covering his right paw as he felt it twitching and pulsating again like earlier.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex chuckled lightly at Rua's words. "Eh, I wouldn't be too worried about the metaphorical cat skippin' the bag. From what I heard this place just loves ta bring us special folk together." She pushed her aviators back up fully before placing her arms behind her head in a relaxed pose. "Name's Samantha Bellus, by the by, but ya can call me Alex. Always nice to have amicable encounters of the magical kind. But, yeah, most ya meet around here will be like Sandy. The wind's probably from a friends worry over our other friend who got the full brunt some terror from over here, so we came to check it out."

Amanda was about to agree with Kaylee on heading towards Sandy when a thought struck her. "U-uh, w-wouldn't getting closer make it w-worse for Socks? I, um, I don't want to put Socks through a-any more than he has to."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe's ears perked up at the word terror. She's felt it enough to know what that word means. "Terror? Miss Rua, is... is ghostie making them scared?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's probably just a situation needing a level, calm head, Bonnie," Jake said, reaching for the door as it juddered against the buffeting from inside, "and, more than anyone else I know, you have that."
--------
"We'll... Yeah," Kaylee nodded. "We'll only go as close as Socks wants, OK Socks?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Thats what she was trying to warn me about..." Rua mutters hearing Alex explanation, and face palming. delivering a somewhat flat "yeah, he probably is. picking up someone who's entire personality is intense paranoia and over protectiveness can't be fun." to phoebe when she asked, also turning to Leon "Stand down Aegyliesk* they're not going to do anything."

((* the name of a living suit of armor from Laurae myth, whom she equates him to. Id'd be like an FMA fan calling someone Alphonse, only she forgets that nobody here will know who she means.))
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe tilted her head, quizzically. "Why're they haven't trouble picking him up? He doesn't weigh anything!" she said, comically missing the point.

Interpreting the others' openness to speaking about their powers as a sign it was Ok to do so, Phoebe asked "So what kinds magic can you do?" to Sandy and Alex.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jake said, nodding towards the group at the shop and calling slightly over the wind to Bonnie, "I see one familiar face. That's Sandy, isn't it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not like that, Phoebe." Sandy shakes his head, making his ears flap again.
"Thse meanth Thockth can thenthe... Ghothtie, wath it? Thockth ith an empath. That meanth he can feel what other people around him are feeling. Tho if thomeone near him ith feeling thomething bad then Thockth feelth it too and it hurtth." he explains as simply as he can.
"Er, thorry if we thcared you guyth, Mithter Leon." he adds without getting up, remaining in his submissive position as he notices the wolf twitching.
"We were thcared too though. We jutht came to the mall to have fun but then Thockths felt you guyth being thcared of uth. Tho we looked for you to tell you not to be thcared becauthe we didn't want to hurt you or anything."

In his satchel, Holly stays still, silent, invisible and alert as she watches the events unfolding.

~~~~~~~~
"Sure." Socks agrees. He manages to get to a distance of about four yards, easily within sight but not within comfortable talking range, before he's forced to stop.
"The intensity... Is inversely proportional to the... The distance from the subject." he gasps, looking decidedly unwell and sagging against Kaylee.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee escorted Socks back to a seat and sat him down. "You've done brilliantly, Socks," she said, putting a hand on his chest and letting him feel the warmth of it whilst she looked him in the eyes. "You're braver than you give yourself credit for. But I better go have a chat, eh?" She turned towards the others. "Figured you'd find 'em, Sandy," she offered. "all OK here?" Her feigned confidence didn't quite carry to her winds.
---------------
"Uh, oh," Jake muttered. "two super-teams meet..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie