The Welcome Thread!

Discuss the comic here
bucketofwolf

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Post by bucketofwolf »

hey im peanutfanboy, cause i love peanut. but uh you can just call me buck or something,
im 14 and a furry
and im more active on the housepets subreddit, im u/uglyfurry
uhm yes.
used to be PeanutFanboy
also peanut is best
also so is grape for sure
also i like fox and fido
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welcome, aboard PeanutFanBoy. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hi and welcome, PeanutFanboy. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Welcome to the forums PeanutFanboy!

And oh God, I had that same avatar a few years ago. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, PeanutFanboy! Enjoy!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hey Cobalt, hey PeanutFanboy! Welcome to the forums you two! Have a lot of fun here!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

Huh. Never posted here. Just realised that. Oh well, good opportunity to provide an up-to-date intro.

I'm OrWasIt.EXE ("One" also works). 19 and British.
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Welcome to the forums OrWasIt.EXE!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welcome, OrWasIt.EXE! Hope you enjoy yourself here!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, OrWasit.Exe. Enjoy!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, hankrchief. Enjoy!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's never too late, I guess. :P You're already enjoying the forum, OrWasIt.EXE, welcome here! :)
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welcome to the forums, OrWasIt.EXE! Have a nice time here and in case you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
OrWasIt.EXE wrote:OrWasIt.EXE ("One" also works)
One, not Owe? ^^

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Owe would have actually been a clever nickname since it is the first letters of his name but he must have decided to go with "One" for his own reasons.

Maybe because he doesn't want it to be the loneliest number anymore. XD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welcome, hankrchief.

Harry Yuan

Post by Harry Yuan »

Hello, everyone! My name is Harry, Harry Yuan. I am 23-year-old Chinese postgraduate studying at Beijing Language and Culture University, majored in Chinese-English Interpreting.

I started learning English since kindergarten; my very first English teacher cultivated my interest in this beautiful language and gave me the English name "Harry" which I've never changed. I also went to study in a foreign language high school, then a language-oriented university where I grasped the skills of Chinese-English translation. I've been working hard to practise my oral English, especially the pronunciation, intonation and accent, hoping that someday I could speak English just like a native speaker.

I am a furry (identity confirmed in April 2018 thanks to Housepets!) and brony (I started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic from 2012). This is going to be a pretty long self-introduction, 'cause emotionally I am so pent-up (currently I don't have anyone here in China to talk about my enthusiasm for furry content in detail), and I've got a lot to share.

My childhood was occupied with animations binge-watching; I watched a lot of episodes of Pokemon, Digimon, and all those classical Disney movies, like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, and the Lion King. I believe those media gave me the first impression of anthropomorphic animal characters at a very young age. My furry interest "enlightenment" was two cartoon movies: Bolt (2008) and Alpha and Omega (2010); when I watched these two films, I was in high school, and by that time I started to build up a romantic feeling towards female furry characters (maybe also find them sexually attractive?). I reckoned Alpha and Omega was such a great movie, so I searched on the Internet to see if anyone else thought the same. Turns out, there were some people discussing this movie. And there was a guy in a forum using a picture of "Applejack", a character in the influential animation My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as his signature... naturally, I was hooked on the show.

Becoming a brony got me thinking: can my love for the pony characters extend to all the anthropomorphic animal species? I started to find more furry-related media and works of art to watch. One time, when I skimmed over place.net websites for random images, I found an interesting comic and was deeply attracted by it. The world setting and character design was simply divine! I thought the artist of this comic was an absolute genius since he came up with such brilliant ideas! Not surprisingly, that comic is A&H Club, and the artist is Rick Griffin. It was not long before I found another long-lasting masterpiece of his, Housepets! After finishing reading the first year of black and white comic pages, I soon found that the following chapters were getting more and more gripping, exhilarating and thought-provoking. I was literally amazed and dazzled by the creative ideas and unexpected plot-twists in the comic! Just to name a few: King was transformed from a human working for PETA into a corgi for his crimes, had a reunion with Fox, the dog he once attempted to abduct and "liberate", and then fell in love with a female husky, Bailey. (Man, I would kill to switch places with King. 8-) )

I find Peanut's relentless energy to bother every creature around him really amusing ("I'm gonna sniff everybody!"), and his interaction with his non-related sister Grape is so cute (I ship Grapenut!).
Being a guy who stays single for 23 years, I can feel Fox's emotional struggle on the way of finding true love ("Oh, everyone does make me happy! It's just always at arm's length...").
I beam at nearly all the hustles and shenanigans done by Karishad and the Great Kitsune (or did I?).
And I burst into laughter when I saw there was somewhat of a cult forming based on a total misunderstanding ("All hail to the Opener of Ways!").
...I just feel so lucky that I eventually found this comic. Housepets! makes me realize that using furry art as a means of expression can be so vivid and lively, and that furries do have such a unique way of seeing the world! It makes me uncontrollably want to become a part of the furry fandom. And after checking out some videos and serious studies of furry psychology (Thanks, Furscience), I feel that in all my life, I've never been so sure of myself, that I am a furry, and I am so happy and proud about being a furry!

My procrastination and social anxiety have stopped me from saying anything in this forum for so long! That would not be the case anymore (hopefully). It's really good to meet y'all! I hope I could have more in-depth discussion about the ongoing comic with you in future.

Btw: I'm coming to Baltimore to attend BronyCon 2019 on Aug 1-4. If anyone is coming as well, we could meet in person and hang out. (tbh, this is the greatest motivation for finally speaking out and leaving a message in this forum :oops: )
Oh, everyone does make me happy! It's just always at arm's length...
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Welcome Harry!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welcome to the forums, Harry!
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Heya, Harry. You'll have fun here. Stop by the RolePlay section sometime. We don't bite.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Welcome, Harry.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Welcome to the forum, Harry! It's a non-stop party here :D
HP is a charming comic, indeed. So many wonderful characters and arcs, I was hooked instantly
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welcome aboard, Harry! Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hello and welcome here, Harry Yuan! :) Impressive introduction of yourself and of your furry interests. ;) Also, looks that you're one of the very few to have found another comic of Rick as first one.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, Harry Yuan. Enjoy!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Welcome to the forums Harry!
Harry Yuan

Post by Harry Yuan »

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, guys! Nice to meet y'all! I would definitely have a good time here.
Oh, everyone does make me happy! It's just always at arm's length...
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Howdy and welcome, Harry!
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Thanks for your fun and interesting introduction, was a pleasure to read.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
_Vanda

Post by _Vanda »

Hi y'all. I'm _Vanda (Would have preferred not to have an underscore there but that's another story), and I've fallen low enough to make an account after lurking for a year or so.

As on some of my interests, I'm pretty into art, as in painting/drawing (although that seems to be standard around here). Music is probably my biggest interest: I enjoy criticizing/discussing as well as reading other people's opinions on albums/tracks. I collect vinyl records, and I'm a (rather unprofessional) drummer/guitarist. Songwriting is also something I'd like to get around doing sometime. As for genres, I tend to listen to the prog side of rock/metal but I'm always open for listening to something new (I put some bands I've been digging lately in my bio if you're interested).

As on another topic, registering on this site was pretty complicated, as the account verification email didn't appear to either of my gmail inboxes. I received it eventually when I used my outlook account, but even then It ended up in the spam folder by default. Probably an issue worth fixing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Welcome to the forums Vanda! Yes that is a big problem but we had to enact new activation procedures to allow new accounts in because a few days ago we had a spam attack on the forum. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, _Vanda. Enjoy!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hello and welcome, Vanda! :) That's unfortunate to know about the registering here.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Hi _Vanda, welcome aboard !

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome, Harry!
Do feel free to poke any of us mods if we can do anything to help you settle in or if you need a paw with anything around here!

Welcome, _Vanda! Great to have you!
Apologies about your issues with registering. Unfortunately I don't think we can affect which folder the registration emails arrive in. That's more likely to do with the settings of the email account than something on our end. That said, we do occasionally have users reporting difficulties in receiving other site-related emails however as the issues are somewhat sporadic it's difficult to get to the bottom of things. Do let us know if you have any more problems though and we'll do what we can!
As to your username, if you want us to delete that underscore for you, that's a quick any easy job any admin can perform. Feel free to DM them if you want and they can do that for you. Alternatively, feel free to message any member of staff and we can poke the admins for you if you wish. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, Canadiancookie. Enjoy!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welcome Canadiancookie!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, NAF_ . Enjoy!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

H'lo, Kaworu. Enjoy!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welcome Kaworu and _NAF!