Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You can actually see a scallop swim if you watch SpongeBob Squarepants since there are actually some accuracies about sea life like how scallops move because (the late) Stephen Hillenburg was a marine science educator. Ever since he passed away 7 months ago, I have been wondering what was gonna happen with the show since he was not just the creator but he worked on it. On that note, ALS is another *******.

Oh and its much more entertaining to see a clam dig into the sand. I won't go into details because of what it looks like it is doing near the end. Speaking of SpongeBob, it has been said the end of Rocko's Modern Life was the beginning of SpongeBob since most of the people who worked on that show moved to SpongeBob. So let me address the network real quick.

Nickelodeon, where in the ever loving **** is Static Cling? The movie sequel to Rocko that we all wanted but never got!?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: BMI is sitting at a neat 21.8. As well, I recently rediscovered a (digital) album that I’d bought years ago on my phone, listened to a few times, but afterward had constantly scrolled past when looking for something to listen to.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I managed to reach the highest rank in Magic Arena, woo! A few hours before that rank is reset. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sleet wrote:Joy: I managed to reach the highest rank in Magic Arena, woo! A few hours before that rank is reset. :P
Joy: Congratts, Sleet! Sophie got a clean bill of health from the vet.
Sorrow: My head still aches from yesterday's dentistry.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Its been a while since I had been able to talk to a friend I wanted to and I know he is busy but it kind of makes me paranoid that he is avoiding me (despite the fact that his DA tagline literally is "Nice guys finish first, right?")
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Tooth extraction still hurts but swelling's gone down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: For now I have the whole house to myself.

Sorrow: It was fun for a few hours but now I'm BORED!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Sorrow: Actor Paul Darrow died today. I'm not sure if anyone else here has seen Blake's 7, but I love it. His character was the most memorable on the show, and one of my favourite characters in TV sci-fi. RIP Paul
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: What was supposed to be a 4 hour nap turned into a 5 hour one and I didn't wanna nap at all! I drink caffeine to stay awake **** it!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrow: My mom had discussed and scheduled it a few weeks ago with her doctor after they deduced that some chronic problems wouldn't be going away, and she's going into the hospital today (Tuesday) to get a hysterectomy. I know it's a super common procedure, and we live in a city with some of the best doctors and facilities out there, but I can't help but worry.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ash Greytree wrote:Sorrow: My mom had discussed and scheduled it a few weeks ago with her doctor after they deduced that some chronic problems wouldn't be going away, and she's going into the hospital today (Tuesday) to get a hysterectomy. I know it's a super common procedure, and we live in a city with some of the best doctors and facilities out there, but I can't help but worry.
Sorrow: Of course, you can't. It'll be fine. Blessings and best wishes, Ash.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would be worried about something like that also. My aunt only has stage 2 breast cancer and it seems like it is treatable but I'm still worried a bit about that.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys:
-Mom's surgery went well. She's in recovery now. Massive sigh of relief. Going to head over to the hospital in about an hour or so when we're allowed to come in and see her.
-Friend of mine who lives in Minnesota was dealing with a nasty thunderstorm and possible tornado. The warning for all of that is almost over, and aside from water in her basement, things seem to be alright.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad to hear it, Ash.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Lost the whole day because I had a headache which still is lingering. >.<
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: FurDU was amazing! Best con I've ever been to! It was great to catch up with some old friends, however briefly, and to make some new ones! Also to finally put faces to the names of some of the people I've been talking to in the FurDU group chat on Telegram for the past year. ^^ I spent 19 hours in fursuit over the 3.5 days of the con! I say 3.5 because I'm including the afternoon of pre-reg (aka Day Zero). Got so many hugs, had heaps of pictures taken, and can't wait to go back next year!

Sorrow: FurDU ended and I had to come home and go back to work. :(
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Had a good time out today, grabbing some lunch and doing some shopping. Walked around Barnes & Noble to see if there were any good books to read or journals to replace the old one I'm almost done filling. Couldn't find anything I wanted, but it was nice to walk around and just browse.

Sorrows: E3 starts in earnest tomorrow and it always makes me anxious. Given how tons of past conferences and shows have gone bad for developers and companies, I keep thinking about how they could mess it up big time and wind up getting this preemptive second-hand embarrassment for them. Also, the fact that all of the conferences are in the afternoon and evening thanks to my time zone is annoying. It'd be great if it all started at like 11:00 AM, right when I usually get up, so I can watch everything and then get on with my day.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: saw Rocketman and tried a new Mexican restaurant - both excellent!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Bought new oils for my scent diffuser
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys. Mom's checkup went well. She's been given the go-ahead from her doctor that she can drive again, and her next follow-up is in three weeks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I procrastinated too much on something today and now my schedule is screwed up
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Haircut went well. Nice and short again. Always great when I can hop out of the shower, get dressed, and not worry about styling my hair.

Sorrows: E3 caused my sleep and study schedule to slip. Now that all the conferences are done, I can get back on track, but still miffed about it. Had a real good thing going :(
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Joy: Got an A for my Graded Unit.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Grandmother is back in the hospital
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Was able to wake up earlier than previous days when all the E3 stuff was happening. Managing to get my sleep schedule back on track, albeit slowly.

Also, my new glasses were ready to pick up. Wearing them now, and really love how they feel and look.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My grandmother still looks bad in the hospital
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear that, Dayzee.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My grandmother might be coming home tomorrow or Friday
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad to hear that, Dayzee.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Joy: My sister is getting married this weekend, and it's also my Birthday today!
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Congratulations to your sister, and happy birthday as well!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations on your sister's new marriage!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Blessings and best wishes to the newly weds, congratts on the new in-law, and Happy Birthday, GD. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My grandmother is doing much better, and she is out of the hospital
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Awesome! Here's hoping that she doesn't have to go back for a long, long time.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congrats to your sister CyberDragon! Good to hear that your grandmother is out of the hospital, Dayzee!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I'm either getting a cold (which means I have a WEEK of suffering to go through. :roll: ) or I have allergies (and God knows when they will end.)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: My mom isn't feeling too well right now, so the lunch that got planned for Father's Day has been called off.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I think I'm starting to get better

Sorrow: At night my allergies seem to be the worst and I can't sleep :x
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: Last night I was playing a game for way too long, relaxing in the chair with bad posture, and I pinched a muscle in my back when I got up. It hurt like crap. Luckily, I'm feeling better now. Not at 100%, but much better.

Joys: The game I was playing, Bloodstained, is a blast.