Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Buster »

rose being used to a noisy sibling who's up at odd hours doesn't actually wake up.

Baja meanwhile is of the opinion that while, yes, she's extremely bored and no where near tired yet, she's not bored enough to think approaching the source of that noise is a good idea.
yet.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar continues bounding up the stairs towards where the sound came from to--

THUNK

He crumples against the clear wall, trying to catch his footing as he stumbles back from the unexpected impact. "Hey, what's going on?" he calls, moving to climb the stairs again until his nose bumps into the Light Screen a second time. He stops and looks a bit more closely, then looks beyond the transparent gating.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Besides, I’m gonna need these buffs when he breaks out. If I’m quick enough, I might.. be able.. to...” Lance trailed off, noticing how Hagane had stopped attacking the door and, judging my the noises he heard coming from inside the room, had started attacking something else. He looked to Atum, the obvious question of “what is he fighting” written all across his face, as they waited what felt like days for their friend to change back, listening to the sounds of mauling coming from the other room. Eventually the noises stopped, and Lance slowly moved closer to the door. After a minute of silence, he gently knocked on the door. ”Hagane? You good in there?

Before he had a chance to take too close a look, Einar would suddenly find himself being pulled away from the invisible wall by a pair of Combee. Once there was enough room, a third one positioned itself between him and the wall, it’s right face clumsily carrying some kind of wand in its mouth while it’s left face looked at him sternly. ”What are you doing out here? Itzz pazzzzt your curfew!”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat May 25, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Something's happening upstairs," T said, backing up off Kimera's bed and heading over to the door. He was waiting for Kimera to join him when the second set of small explosions started. He poked his head outside the door as they got worse. "Whadya think it is," he asked, turning back to Kimera.
Kimera was silent for a moment. He was focusing on the auras of the people on the top floor. He could sense the mercenaries. He could sense that they were afraid, and they were facing... his father's room? Someone put some sort of barrier around his dad's room that blocked his ability to sense his father's aura... but he didn't like where the clues were leading. "Something... bad... really bad..." Kimera said, trying not to show how shaky he was feeling. "They're... they're facing dad's room. And they're afraid."

-------------------------
Buster wrote:the cloud of visual static was fragmented, in pieces, and scattered about the room. no one chunk bigger that a 50 Poke coin. the prone form that seemed to hover in the midst of it equally shattered. yet right before his eyes the fragments would start drifting back together. once enough had reformed for there to be an unrecognizable face buried in the noise, the eyes snapped open and the presence's voice was once again at the edge of hagane's senses.

THA₸ ₳₡₸ᴝᴀ╘╘Ꝩ Ꜧ╚╛Ɽ₮●●● it almost seems to whine, before breaking out in gleeful laughter.

╦╟╢₳₸ ₳₡₸ᴝᴀ╘╘Ꝩ Ꜧ╚╛Ɽ₮▌ │ ₵Ɐꞃ ₴₮│⌡⌡ ₣₤₤ℓ‽ it restates, actually in a pretty good mood, considering less that a quarter of it has reformed so far...
Hagane sighed with relief. Though his voice sounded quite stern. "That was a dangerous thing you did! I told you to leave. If I had picked up on your aura earlier, this could have been much worse. We'll have to discuss this later, among other things." He started walking towards the door, but stopped short. "Thank you." he said to the entity without looking.
Legotron123 wrote:”Besides, I’m gonna need these buffs when he breaks out. If I’m quick enough, I might.. be able.. to...” Lance trailed off, noticing how Hagane had stopped attacking the door and, judging my the noises he heard coming from inside the room, had started attacking something lose. He looked to Atum, the obvious question of “what is he fighting” written all across his face, as they waited what felt like days for their friend to change back, listening to the sounds of mauling coming from the other room. Eventually the noises stopped, and Lance slowly moved closer to the door. After a minute of silence, he gently knocked on the door. ”Hagane? You good in there?
Hagane knocked lightly on the door... causing it to fall completely off of it's hinges. "Ah... that's... alarming. Yes, Lance, I'm fine. I won't be training again today, or for a while I think. Now..." Hagane stepped over the fallen door and broken pieces of various locks. "What moron... what dangerously simple idiot... touched that door?" the Lucario said, his eyes like blood-red daggers staring straight through the mercenaries.

Nobody responded at first. Then, slowly, Blaine lowered his head and raised one of his hands. "I... One of the locks... One of them wasn't secure, and I didn't realize..."

"You didn't realize that I would be able to sense you?" Hagane asked. "You didn't realize that was exactly why there were over a dozen locks on all sides?"

"N-no... I thought..."

"I have that many locks so that if one fails or breaks, there are others that still work." Hagane said, his voice stern and serious. "You could have gotten everyone killed."

"I'm... sorry..." the Charizard said, his eyes refusing to meet the piercing red glare of the Lucario.

"Nevermind... We got lucky." Hagane turned to Lance and Atum. "I will not continue my training until we can get some better help. I believe an old friend of ours owes us a small favor. I did not want to call it in, but if what we face is as dangerous as we think, we may have no choice."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Hagane sighed with relief. Though his voice sounded quite stern. "That was a dangerous thing you did! I told you to leave. If I had picked up on your aura earlier, this could have been much worse. We'll have to discuss this later, among other things." He started walking towards the door, but stopped short. "Thank you." he said to the entity without looking.

ͻΔΠҭ Ỻ∑Δ√€` Ԓᴓᴛ ᴚᴁỺҰ ╞╣€Ɽ€` Ԓᴓᴛ ᴚᴁỺҰ ₳₦ꝨꝠ├┤∑®€``` the voice only hagane can hear would say.

when hagane thinks it it tries to drift toards him but seems like it cant fully leave it's fragments behind. not that that stops it from trying to follow Hagane as it continued to reform, and while the alakzam among the mercs would have no trouble seeing it, were they to get a good angle, its visibility would be various degrees of less for the others with several like the charizard completely unable to see or hear it at all nomatter how close.
Last edited by Buster on Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Legotron123 wrote:Before he had a chance to take too close a look, Einar would suddenly find himself being pulled away from the invisible wall by a pair of Combee. Once there was enough room, a third one positioned itself between him and the wall, it’s right face clumsily carrying some kind of wand in its mouth while it’s left face looked at him sternly. ”What are you doing out here? Itzz pazzzzt your curfew!”
The rockruff stares at the speaking Combee... "Are you serious? It sounded like something was tearing through the walls up there, and the curfew still matters? It's still the big 'why are you out of bed'? Do you know how insane that is?" he asks, clearly bewildered by the adherence to the curfew's enforcement.
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance gave a frustrated sigh at the mention of their “old friend.” ”If you’re referring to who I think you’re referring to, then he’s not exactly going to be easy to find. It’s probably going to be a while before... we...” He trailed off as he noticed the extradimensional thing behind Hagane. ”What the snick-snack diddly-dack is that?”

”Everything izzz under control. There izz nothing for you to worry about. Now head back to bed, or there will be conzzzzequenzzezzz.” The Combee said very sternly. Einar wouldn’t be able to tell if it was trying to hide something, or if it legitimately thought the curfew was a higher priority than whatever was going on upstairs.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hagane turned around to see the strange entity in the doorway. "Still trying to figure that out, honestly. Whatever they are, they are what drew me away from the door. Apparently, just in time..." Hagane said, gesturing towards the fallen door.

"I don't see anything..." the Machamp spoke up.

Hagane ignored him for now and moved on. After all, he didn't know much about the creature and thus didn't really have anything useful to say. "As for our friend, he will have picked the most isolated part of the continent. Possibly in a cave that has not yet been discovered, in a region that has not been explored, that does not run the risk of someone like me sensing his power or aura by getting too close. Ironically, that narrows things down a great deal."
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar huffs an indignant laugh, look of disbelief now turning to mild frustration. "Maybe you've forgotten, but investigating sounds like that? Literally in the job description. You know, the thing many of us came here for... So if you happen to know what's going on, please. Inform me," he says, leaving no note in his voice to be mistaken for request.
Love me right now! Done.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T looked from Kimera to the hallway and back again, "Mmmaybe we shouldn't go check it out... If they're scared of something and it deals with your dad, I don't really wanna be involved with it."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance gave out a loud yawn as the adrenaline from earlier started to wear off. ”I think it would be best if we wait until we’re all well rested before discussing any potential training partners. Plus,” he pointed at the strange figure, ”whatever that thing is, and why only some of us can see it.”

The Combee gave an annoyed sigh. ”The Guildmazzzterzz are undergoing a training exerzizzze that got out of hand. Now head back to bed, I will not azzzzk you again.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:”Plus,” he pointed at the strange figure, ”whatever that thing is, and why only some of us can see it.”
whatever it is, it's staring at you, rather than hagane, now. even if it is extremely hard to see it's eyes. you get the impression it's trying to say something, but all you're hearing is static and ambient noise from it.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T looked from Kimera to the hallway and back again, "Mmmaybe we shouldn't go check it out... If they're scared of something and it deals with your dad, I don't really wanna be involved with it."
"R-right..." Kimera said, shaking slightly. "Let's just... try to go back to sleep."

--------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Lance gave out a loud yawn as the adrenaline from earlier started to wear off. ”I think it would be best if we wait until we’re all well rested before discussing any potential training partners. Plus,” he pointed at the strange figure, ”whatever that thing is, and why only some of us can see it.”
"Agreed." Hagane nodded. "Get some rest. I will help the combee send our insomniac friend back to his room."
Leafolawl wrote:Einar huffs an indignant laugh, look of disbelief now turning to mild frustration. "Maybe you've forgotten, but investigating sounds like that? Literally in the job description. You know, the thing many of us came here for... So if you happen to know what's going on, please. Inform me," he says, leaving no note in his voice to be mistaken for request.
Legotron123 wrote:The Combee gave an annoyed sigh. ”The Guildmazzzterzz are undergoing a training exerzizzze that got out of hand. Now head back to bed, I will not azzzzk you again.”
"Specifically..." Hagane mentally projected to Einar and the Combee. "I was training. As you can imagine, my training can get loud and sometimes destructive. The noise spooked the mercenaries, but everything has been resolved. Please return to your room."
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar shivers, takes a deep breath in, then sighs. "I have enough to ask informed questions tomorrow, and it's clearly been resolved for now, so yes, I'll be returning to bed. Don't expect me to stay there if more noises like that happen," he leaves with, turning and heading back for the bed he came from.
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Once Hagane could detect Einar was in his room, the Lucario bade his fellow guildmasters goodnight and showed the mercenaries to one of the spare rooms. He no longer needed their help, so they could rest. He returned to his room where the strange entity was. "Thank you. For earlier." Hagane said, not quite looking directly at the being. "You saved a lot of people from a lot of pain. For now, though, I need to sleep. If you wish, we can speak in the morning."

Hagane walked over to the cushion in the corner of his room, sat down upon it in a meditative position, and started to rest.

-------------------------------------------

The next morning

Hagane's eyes opened at the first rays of sun filtering through his window. He got to his feet in one swift move, as if he hadn't been sleeping at all. The Lucario moved through the door and started heading down to attend to morning business. He briefly knocked on Lance's door and, simply because he was supposed to, Atum's door. He continued down to the kitchen to check on the breakfast preparations. "Good morning, Alan, Taylor. What are we preparing for our new guild members this morning?"

-------------------

Kimera woke up in a rather awkward position, having once again fallen over asleep while meditating. He pushed himself into a sitting position, and the fur on the side of his head was all messed up from sleeping on it. The Riolu rubbed the sleep from his eyes and hopped out of bed. "Morning, T." he said. "You awake?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T groaned as he rubbed at his eyes, "Yeah, m'up..." He yawned and stretched, earning a pop or two from his back before giving himself a shake, relieving himself of the last vestiges of sleep and settling his fur in the process. "So, are we just not gonna talk about what happened last night?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance slowly got out of bed, stretching as he did so. As he went down the hallway towards the training hall, he waved down a few Combee to help him with setting things up. If he was to get things ready to train the new recruits by breakfast, he was going to need some help.

Alan turned to glance at Hagane briefly, before going back to his cooking. ”Nothing special. Topo Berry hashbrowns, some fruit salad, a bunch of assorted pastries, and this sorta starchy cake thing that we’re going to serve with some Starf Berries mashed up and turned into a jam.”
”I’m doing the mashing!” Luke cheerfully cried out, happy to be helping.

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Buried in his bed, Trent wakes up and prepares himself for the day. Without warning, a perfectly groomed Rattata leaps out. "Hey Ro-. Oh, right." Unsure what to do in this unfamiliar environment, Trent exits the room and proceeds downstairs.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

there's a thump outside the kitchen window as Rose lands on all fours after jumping down from where she'd spent the night. taking a moment to brush off any dirt before she heads inside, she's humming a tune as her tail tuft moves. soon enough she's done and heads inside.

- - - -

inside there's a shout of "YAY! YOU'RE AWAKE!" from the other corner of the room, before Baja abandons the blob of dust she'd been batting into the air, rolls over to get to her feet, and bounds over to Trent.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T groaned as he rubbed at his eyes, "Yeah, m'up..." He yawned and stretched, earning a pop or two from his back before giving himself a shake, relieving himself of the last vestiges of sleep and settling his fur in the process. "So, are we just not gonna talk about what happened last night?"
"W-well, I mean... I suppose we could..." Kimera said nervously. "But it's not like either of us know what that was. I only know as much as you do." His ears perked up a bit. "Should we go see what's for breakfast?"

------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Alan turned to glance at Hagane briefly, before going back to his cooking. ”Nothing special. Topo Berry hashbrowns, some fruit salad, a bunch of assorted pastries, and this sorta starchy cake thing that we’re going to serve with some Starf Berries mashed up and turned into a jam.”
”I’m doing the mashing!” Luke cheerfully cried out, happy to be helping.
Hagane smiled at them. "Thank you. That sounds excellent." He glanced toward Luke. "I am glad you are having fun, Luke. I can't stay, I'm afraid. We have new recruits coming in soon, and I need to greet them." With that, Hagane stepped out of the kitchen again and started walking towards the front door, where he watched out for the new arrivals.
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar flicks an ear at the shouting, then begins stretching, standing up with a grunt. "About time... Alright, today's to-do list... Talk to Hagane about last night, learn more about the other recruits, try not to make enemies..." He trails off, mulling over the short list and trying to think of anything to add to it. After a moment, he gives a nod of approval, then makes his way out of the bedroom. "Really should have ate more last night..."

-----

Chailyn steps into the guild's entry, still humming some tune to herself from the trip up. The Gloom slows, listening to the new morning activity of the guild with a comfortable smile. "I could get used to this... I might even miss coming here after my own place is fully built." she says to the air, walking further in.
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:inside there's a shout of "YAY! YOU'RE AWAKE!" from the other corner of the room, before Baja abandons the blob of dust she'd been batting into the air, rolls over to get to her feet, and bounds over to Trent.
Trent has gotten better about avoiding her clutches on reaction, if not predicting when she'll come at him. "Good morning! I didn't see you there. I thought you were still asleep. How about we go try to find some breakfast?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance and the Combee were hard at work getting the training area ready for the new recruits. He got out training dummies for the physical attackers, set up a few targets for the special attackers, and pulled out a few learning aids for anyone who didn’t fully understand the basics. He had a smile in his face as he got everything ready; he’d always enjoyed teaching children in the ways of the Explorer. He wouldn’t be setting all this up so early in the morning if he didn’t.

”Dad, I’m done!”
Alan looked up from his mixing bowl to see his sons work. ”Excellent work Luke. Now could we get some Bluk berries out of the storage? I need it for the fruit salad.”
”Okay!” The Riolu cheerfully cried out before heading out.
As his son ran down the hall, Alan felt a hand on his shoulder, turning to find Taylor next to him, a thin smile on her face. ”He’zzz going to make a great Explorer.”
”Assuming he can sit still long enough to learn how.” The Ninetales said with a smirk.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Champion Wallace wrote:Trent has gotten better about avoiding her clutches on reaction, if not predicting when she'll come at him. "Good morning! I didn't see you there. I thought you were still asleep. How about we go try to find some breakfast?"
stretching and giving a yawn, she answers, "Been up since the thumpy-thumps." before getting a manic grin on her face and lowering into a prowling posture, then suddenly yells "RACE YA! READYSETGO!" and leaps practically rocketing over his head, ricocheting off the far wall and down the hall. the thumps and crashes getting replaced by the scrabbling of claws on hardwood soon enough.

- - - - - - - -

at the other end of the hall from luke, a door opens, as rose lets herself in.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I mean someones gotta know what happened..." T tilted his head at Kimera, "Wait, we got food last night, wouldn't they wait until at least lunch time to feed us again?"
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:stretching and giving a yawn, she answers, "Been up since the thumpy-thumps." before getting a manic grin on her face and lowering into a prowling posture, then suddenly yells "RACE YA! READYSETGO!" and leaps practically rocketing over his head, ricocheting off the far wall and down the hall. the thumps and crashes getting replaced by the scrabbling of claws on hardwood soon enough.
Trent does not hold Baja in the highest of esteems, to put it mildly, but he recognizes play when he sees it. Trent leaps after her without the thought there might be a "no running in the halls" rule in place ever crossing his mind. He doesn't know exactly where there going, but decides he can figure that out once he overtakes her. Fortunately for his lack of planning, even without her head start Trent can not compete with Baja's longer legs and general physique. Trent doesn't give up and even if he loses sight of her, he can easily hear which direction she went.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"I mean someones gotta know what happened..." T tilted his head at Kimera, "Wait, we got food last night, wouldn't they wait until at least lunch time to feed us again?"
"Come on! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" Kimera said, bouncing excitedly. "Everyone gets Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There's also a bunch of snacks throughout the day. Mostly for fire and fighting types since a lot of us have to eat more, but they're available to anyone. Let's go!" he called out before running off towards the cafeteria.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Motivated by the idea of more food, T gave chase after the Riolu, weaving past the occasional person in the hall on his way to the cafeteria. "So whaddya thinks gonna be for breakfast?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Baja is easily the first to arrive at the meal hall.
And by 'arrive' i mean crashing into the door head first thinking it would be open and knocking herself silly.

she staggers a bit mumbling about something before flopping over, a dopey look on her face.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar practically throws himself to the side of the hall as Baja runs by, followed by Trent, T, and Kimera. "Did I miss something?" he wonders aloud, following after the excited breakfast goers at a far more mild pace.

Unlike the others, he pauses at the bottom of the stairs--where he can see Hagane, the guildmaster's attention on the door. After a brief bit of contemplation, he decides to instead follow his nose towards the food.

-----

Chailyn steps into the infirmary, looking fairly relieved. The Gloom starts cleaning the unused bedding, making sure it's suitable for the unfortunate event in which it'll need used.
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Luke, not paying attention to where he was going, wound up bumping into Rose as she came out the door, knocking her over. ”Oh I’m sorry! Let me help you up.” He said, extending his hand towards the Glameow to do just that.

Meanwhile Lance had finished setting up the training area, and had moved on to helping set up the cafeteria. He was in the middle of setting up chairs when Baja slammed into the door, turning to look at said door with a slight chuckle. ”You’re supposed to pull from that side.” He called out to the Liepard.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Motivated by the idea of more food, T gave chase after the Riolu, weaving past the occasional person in the hall on his way to the cafeteria. "So whaddya thinks gonna be for breakfast?"
"I dunno!" Kimera said, excitedly. "It's always really good though! And usually there's pastries! I really like pastries!" He continued running ahead, but realized he was getting too far ahead of his friend. He backtracked to T. "Come on!" He said as he pretty much lifted T up with one hand and carried him the rest of the way.
Leafolawl wrote:Einar practically throws himself to the side of the hall as Baja runs by, followed by Trent, T, and Kimera. "Did I miss something?" he wonders aloud, following after the excited breakfast goers at a far more mild pace.
"It's breakfast time!" Kimera said, running past with T comically held over his shoulder. "Come on!"
Buster wrote:Baja is easily the first to arrive at the meal hall.
And by 'arrive' i mean crashing into the door head first thinking it would be open and knocking herself silly.

she staggers a bit mumbling about something before flopping over, a dopey look on her face.
Kimera stepped around Baja and opened up the door. Then, trying to be helpful, he picked the much larger dazed pokemon up off the ground with his free arm, and half carried, half dragged her into the food hall before setting her down on a sort of beanbag like chair meant for quadrupeds. He set T down in another one and hopped up on a wooden stool, his tail wagging not really paying attention to whether carrying the two was OK.

- - - - - - - - - -
Legotron123 wrote:Meanwhile Lance had finished setting up the training area, and had moved on to helping set up the cafeteria. He was in the middle of setting up chairs when Baja slammed into the door, turning to look at said door with a slight chuckle. ”You’re supposed to pull from that side.” He called out to the Liepard.
Hagane stepped back inside and walked into the cafeteria after his son, shaking his head at the Riolu's antics and deciding he'd speak with him later. There were no new recruits at the front door, though from the look on his face, that wasn't the only thing wrong. The Lucario walked up to Lance. "Sorry, Lance. I think the training might have to be postponed. Mrs. Monarch, the Butterfree who moved here yesterday, said one of her children hasn't been seen all day. The Kecleon merchant showed up just now saying he saw him wandering East... towards Pidgeot Path. We'll need to get our recruits on this as soon as they're done eating."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T hadn't even realized that he was falling behind, once Kimera had mentioned pastries that was pretty much all that was on his mind. He gave a small Yelp of shock when he was scooped up by Kimera, "H-hey wait!" He shrugged as the Riolu didn't seem to hear him. "Hi Einar," T raised a paw as he was carried past the Rockruff and placed onto a chair. He stood up, forepaws on the table, tail wagging excitedly behind him, waiting for breakfast.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

((i could have sworn i responded to this thread a week ago... whups))
Legotron123 wrote:Luke, not paying attention to where he was going, wound up bumping into Rose as she came out the door, knocking her over. ”Oh I’m sorry! Let me help you up.” He said, extending his hand towards the Glameow to do just that.
"I suppose I've had worse starts to my day." she cmments with a chuckle as the other pokemon he;[s her back to her feet. "Whats the hurry?"

Legotron123 wrote:Meanwhile Lance had finished setting up the training area, and had moved on to helping set up the cafeteria. He was in the middle of setting up chairs when Baja slammed into the door, turning to look at said door with a slight chuckle. ”You’re supposed to pull from that side.” He called out to the Liepard.
"Youve, lovely door... Very sturdy..." Baja answers, looking and gesturing at an empty spot three feet to lance's left, as if that's where he's standing.
CyberDragon wrote:Kimera stepped around Baja and opened up the door. Then, trying to be helpful, he picked the much larger dazed pokemon up off the ground with his free arm, and half carried, half dragged her into the food hall before setting her down on a sort of beanbag like chair meant for quadrupeds. He set T down in another one and hopped up on a wooden stool, his tail wagging not really paying attention to whether carrying the two was OK.
Kimera might notice that she starts purring when he picks her up. gleefully adding in "Hi Checkers!" and... waving at a chair...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar seats himself away from Baja, giving her a concerned look. "Do you think she's okay?" he asks, alternating pressing his paws at the table while anxiously awaiting the all clear to eat.

-----

Chailyn steps out of the infirmary, immediately heading over to join Lance and Hagane. "I'm sorry I'm going to have to add some extra work to your day, but it seems the storm didn't just rot food supplies. Some of my medicine was caught in the flooding, and is now either broke, contaminated, or rotted; and with the road between here and Atlas Crossing still flooded, I'm going to need some help carrying the supplies back in order to get it here quickly.

"It's not a dangerous trip, and you know I'm capable of protecting myself. Any help you can offer should make it an easy day's trip--I can even pay for the escort."
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’m getting Bluk Berries for my dad!” Luke cheerfully cried out. ”He needs them for a fruit salad he’s making. Wanna help me get them?” He asked, any bad blood from yesterday seemingly forgotten.

”Do not worry Chailyn! We’d be happy to lend you some help!” Lance said in his usual bombastic voice. ”We have about seven recruits at the moment, so we can spare two or three of them to help with your errand! I believe Luke and Kim would be best, as their typing makes them an ill fit for the other mission. Potentially young T as well if you really need the extra help.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T hadn't even realized that he was falling behind, once Kimera had mentioned pastries that was pretty much all that was on his mind. He gave a small Yelp of shock when he was scooped up by Kimera, "H-hey wait!" He shrugged as the Riolu didn't seem to hear him. "Hi Einar," T raised a paw as he was carried past the Rockruff and placed onto a chair. He stood up, forepaws on the table, tail wagging excitedly behind him, waiting for breakfast.
"Huh..." Kimera looked around, noticing the food wasn't there yet. "I guess we're early..." His stomach started growling loudly in protest of being denied the expected food. He tried to ignore it though. "What do you hope they're going to make? What's your favorite food?" he asked T.
Buster wrote:Kimera might notice that she starts purring when he picks her up. gleefully adding in "Hi Checkers!" and... waving at a chair...
"Uh-oh..." Kimera said, a concerned look on his face. "Uh, dad? I think Baja knocked herself into confusion..."

Hagane sighed and rubbed the bridge of his snout. "Breakfast will be here shortly. There will be some Persim Berries that should help. If not, I have some Lum Berries in my room. I will retrieve them in a moment."
Leafolawl wrote:Einar seats himself away from Baja, giving her a concerned look. "Do you think she's okay?" he asks, alternating pressing his paws at the table while anxiously awaiting the all clear to eat.
"I... Think so. I hope it's just confusion. I think one of Dad's Lum Berries would work... Hold on..." Kimera hopped off of his chair. "Dad, I'm going to get a Lum Berry for Baja, Ok?"

"Go for it, Kim. Don't be gone long."

Kimera nodded and ran off. The little Riolu practically ran along the walls up the spiraling staircase up to the top floor. When he reached his father's room, he was alarmed to see the door was knocked out of it's frame, then hastily reattached. Carefully, Kimera reached towards the door and pulled it open...

- - - - - - - - - -
Leafolawl wrote:Chailyn steps out of the infirmary, immediately heading over to join Lance and Hagane. "I'm sorry I'm going to have to add some extra work to your day, but it seems the storm didn't just rot food supplies. Some of my medicine was caught in the flooding, and is now either broke, contaminated, or rotted; and with the road between here and Atlas Crossing still flooded, I'm going to need some help carrying the supplies back in order to get it here quickly.

"It's not a dangerous trip, and you know I'm capable of protecting myself. Any help you can offer should make it an easy day's trip--I can even pay for the escort."
Legotron123 wrote:”Do not worry Chailyn! We’d be happy to lend you some help!” Lance said in his usual bombastic voice. ”We have about seven recruits at the moment, so we can spare two or three of them to help with your errand! I believe Luke and Kim would be best, as their typing makes them an ill fit for the other mission. Potentially young T as well if you really need the extra help.”
"Hmm..." Hagane hummed, closing his eyes and thinking. "We have Luke, Kimera, T, Trent, Baja, Rose, and Einar. That's one team of three, one team of four. I want Kimera and Luke together for the sake of Luke's training. T should go with them. He and my son have bonded, and I feel they would work well together. The larger team should go to Pidgeot Path. The Pidgey there are wild, and if the Monarch child isn't carrying anything with him to identify him as a part of civilization, he could be in serious danger. Thus, Kim, Luke, and T will go help Chailyn, and the rest should go after Mrs. Monarch's son."

- - - - - - - - - -

Kimera stepped into the room. He looked around and his heart started sinking into his stomach. There was a lot of stuff tossed about and smashed. Lots of things were apparently quickly put back on their shelves and storage places, but it looked like a tornado struck the place. Kim wanted to just get what he came for and get out. He walked over to one of the shelves, hoping the box with the berry medicine was still intact. He jumped up, and saw it there. On his second jump, he grabbed it from the shelf. Opening it, he picked one of the Lum Berries out of it before jumping again to put it back.

Kimera was about to leave when his stomach growled even louder than before. "Oof... I wonder if Dad has any...?" he thought out loud to himself. He searched around for a short while, before finding a somewhat smaller, ornate box in a cabinet. Kimera opened it, and licked his lips when he saw what was inside...

- - - - -

Kimera came running back down the stairs and through the door. The first thing he did was run up to Baja. He set the Lum berry down in front of her. "Here, eat this. It should help." He hopped back up onto his chair and leaned over to whisper to T. "Psst! Hey, I got something for you!" Kimera opened his hand to show two bean-like candies, one black, and the other orange. "The black one is for you. Orange is for me. It should fill you up a bit while we wait for breakfast."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T thought for a second, before giving Kimera a shrug, "Anything, I guess. Never had anything other than plain berries. I did see this round bowl with a buncha different kinds of berries in it, but it was inna store so I didn't get any." T said, looking down the table towards the kitchen.
---
His attention changed to Baja when she started waving at a chair, "Uhh..." a small grin spread across his muzzle as he looked between Kimera and the chair, "I guess I can see it." He let out a short laugh as Kimera rushed out of the room to grab a Lum berry.
---
T tilted his head at the candies that Kimera showed him. "What are they," he whispered back.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Baja is more than happy to accept the berry, munching contentedly on it and starting to pur again. when she's done she looks over to Kimera, directly at him this time, and says "Thanks checkers!" with a big if slightly berry juice stained grin, before plodding over and hugging him.

---

Nodding, rose pulls the thin blanket from where she dropped it and drapes it across her tail, pulling it down the middle then tying the ends to make an improvised basket. the blanket is worn and stained in ways that imply she's done this before, and smells faintly of apples. "This should help." she comments following after.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T tilted his head at the candies that Kimera showed him. "What are they," he whispered back.
"They're food. Candies. My Dad says they're called Gummies." Kimera said quickly and quietly to keep Baja from hearing. "He gets a box or two of them every time he goes down to the coast to get supplies. He already knows I took them. I'm just talkin' quiet 'cause if everyone knew, they'd all want one, and there's not enough." Kimera discretely pushed the black Gummi to T...
Buster wrote:Baja is more than happy to accept the berry, munching contentedly on it and starting to pur again. when she's done she looks over to Kimera, directly at him this time, and says "Thanks checkers!" with a big if slightly berry juice stained grin, before plodding over and hugging him.
... and not a moment too soon as he was pulled into a hug a couple seconds later. "Oof!" he grunted as the hug caught him off guard. "You're welcome."
-Champion Motto