2019/05/08 - Breaking News

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
fenrirblack

Re: 2019/05/08 - Breaking News

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: THAT'S a good point!

What if there's a coin stuck in the pipes?

Hopefully, not THE COIN !!
There was more than one in that treasure pile. In the temple that collapsed.
It's time for one of my favorite hobbies, coming up with an insane theory. So IF the coins somehow managed to get out of whatever pocket dimension was being used in Pete's temple and did manage to somehow become spread throughout the area, that leads me to suggest that this could lead to the start of a new type of cult. Think about this, Steward has THE coin, let's call it the prime coin, then it is possible that others would find other coins and reach out to him. Let's say he manages to post this online (dare I say Reddit) and others find it, they could track him down. He could become a leader of a secret organization of therianthropes and other lunatics bent on causing untold chaos or simply using the cursed coins to try to build a criminal empire. They can wear the coins around their necks as a show of authority. Then they build power and include ferals into the organization who want to overthrow humanity. I mean I know we haven't seen ferals like that other than the dolphins but this is a PG comic about pets so of course we won't see them but that doesn't mean they aren't out there somewhere. Anyway, then Steward leads his march of animals against the citizens of Babylon Gardens, overthrows the Miltons, changes all the humans into animals where they have to either join their revolution or be locked in Mile's basement. Therefore leading the most unlikely of heroes, Marion, to lead a rebellion and stop Stewards plan.
Champion Wallace wrote:
leinglo wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Looks like Marion might've been exposed to some mutagens after all. What game system does Marion have on his TV cabinet?
Knowing Rick that's probably an X-Station or something to that effect
Are you sure? Rick Griffin has been pretty good about using real systems and names: Wii, DS, "Gameboys" and DS, 3DS, and Switch.
The closest I can guess would be a Wii U but the buttons are supposed to be above the disk slot and it is not supposed to be sideways. The controller looks like a PS controller but it doesn't look anything like a PS3 or PS4. It must be Sony Wii One.
Either way he's not going to be playing it anytime soon.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Keep in mind Fen, I doubt Rick has ever wanted to get them to look one to one like their counterparts. It’s not like Nintendo is paying for their inclusion
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

True. Although he got the switch right though. Funny thing about the 3DS is that what peanut is holding in that scene is just a DS. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What can you say? Even the best of us make mistakes. LOL
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Rick has gotten better at the finer details in recent years. The fact that he took the time to actually have sunlight coming through the window panels of the last few strips is quite impressive and a nice touch.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But that still doesn't mean he can't make mistakes with dialogue or in some scenes every now and then.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

WHY IS THE NEWSPERSON INVISIBLE!
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You know, it really is amazing how on-point all of the TV parodies in this comic are.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The parodies of different shows and networks I have to admit are some of my favorites.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Instead of going to school Marion is watching TV! what kind of student does Marion think he is?
Silly Zealot wrote:Actually, is the "no human hands" figurative or is it kosher if I pick it up with my...I mean, if someone else picks it up with their feet?
It's difficult to say, seeing as touching it through a glove counted, though also because there are so few cases to draw from.
shadowlucario50 wrote:
Argent wrote:If he wants to find out if other people have changed he should be checking on Reddit's /r/furry and /r/furry_irl.
That's the best joke in this thread right now. Kudos, Argent!~

Poison being a likely source of changing humans into animals seems like a bit of a stretch. However, I can't rule out that possibility. It might be something like "nuclear waste changes humans into animals" or Marion died from poisoning and was reincarnated as a squirrel. Either way, I still don't believe that the poison would be the altering source. Also, coins from the temple getting stuck in the drains seems too much of a stretch as well, since the temple didn't really have any plumbing. I mean, it was a temple built several eons ago, and it's in the middle of the forest with no river in sight, so... how did the coins from the temple get near a water source?
But Marion just said in the last strip he wasn't near any mutagen.
fenrirblack wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Hopefully, not THE COIN !!
There was more than one in that treasure pile. In the temple that collapsed.
It's time for one of my favorite hobbies, coming up with an insane theory.
We have a Wild Mass Guessing thread :?.
Gameb18oy wrote:Keep in mind Fen, I doubt Rick has ever wanted to get them to look one to one like their counterparts. It’s not like Nintendo is paying for their inclusion
Seeing as Peanut mentioned a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game two days after the release of the third one, I think Rick Griffin is having technology mirror the real world, even if it's something as simple as because it's easier than making up something completely. I'd accept that that was supposed to be a Wii U but the eject button was misplaced by accident.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’ve always prescribed to the idea it’s likely a spiderverse sort of thing, where the tech did develop similarly but the names and stuff are slightly different