2019/05/03 - School Daze

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Raku

Re: 2019/05/03 - School Daze

Post by Raku »

I just thought of something... If he is a senior, and he's graduating in two weeks (for the comic) then hopefully he gets his own little cap and gown for his new little body. It would make for such a cute little scene seeing him in such a getup, and then him trying to throw his tiny cap in the air along with everyone else =P
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Raku wrote:I just thought of something... If he is a senior, and he's graduating in two weeks (for the comic) then hopefully he gets his own little cap and gown for his new little body. It would make for such a cute little scene seeing him in such a getup, and then him trying to throw his tiny cap in the air along with everyone else =P
Yes, it would be cute to see him walking across that stage.

The audience whispering and pointing. The principal trying not to appear uncomfortable. His mother crying for a lot of reasons. ;)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Raku wrote:I just thought of something... If he is a senior, and he's graduating in two weeks (for the comic) then hopefully he gets his own little cap and gown for his new little body. It would make for such a cute little scene seeing him in such a getup, and then him trying to throw his tiny cap in the air along with everyone else =P
Yes, it would be cute to see him walking across that stage.

The audience whispering and pointing. The principal trying not to appear uncomfortable. His mother crying for a lot of reasons. ;)
... Fen, you made that sound more depressing for him than amusing
shadowlucario50

The Dark Humor Strikes Again

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Yes, it would be cute to see him walking across that stage.

... Fen, you made that sound more depressing for him than amusing
I dunno... I was pretty amused by this.
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's very unlikely he's going to graduate.

Even if they believe him, it's not exactly going to be Human nature to respond to a teenager being transformed into a Squirrel by cheering and clapping...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Ha, yes, exactly. I think what a lot of folk may not realize is that you manage this rapid-fire creativity at SIX IN THE MORNING, every single Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I've heard that some writers have a 'sweet spot' for coming up with new material before mid-morning, but you seem to take the principle to a new extreme. Awesome.

I'm sure I've seen you offer rhymes for another webcomic too, but right now I can't remember exactly which one.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Also, I have to commend Welsh for how incredibly quick and eloquent he is at making his rhymes. It hasn't even been 20 minutes and already he's got his latest poem finished!
Much thanks. I've often said that, if I get fifteen minutes and a base, I can put up 12 lines.

Give me an hour and I can put up 12 lines and fret about them for 45 minutes.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Take this scene and replace the squirrel with Marion and you will have the best thing ever.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:It's very unlikely he's going to graduate.

Even if they believe him, it's not exactly going to be Human nature to respond to a teenager being transformed into a Squirrel by cheering and clapping...
That would add a level of tension to the story.
Marion: “I have to find a way to return to normal before graduation! It’s in two weeks!”
Pets: “don’t worry, we’ll help you sad little squirrel dude.
Marion: “I don’t know how I was changed in the first place considering I’ve never met any of you before or interacted with any celestial deities.”
Pets: “This sounds like a job for the Great Kitsune!”
Marion: “Who?”
Pets: “To King’s bedroom!”
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sat May 04, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

fenrirblack wrote:

Marion: “I have to find a way to return to normal before graduation! It’s in two weeks!”
Pets: “don’t worry, we’ll help sad little squirrel dude.
Marion: “I don’t know how I was changed in the first place considering I’ve never met any of you before or interacted with any celestial deities.”
And now I'm hearing the Adam West's Batman theme now :lol:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Take this scene and replace the squirrel with Marion and you will have the best thing ever.

Pets: “don’t worry, we’ll help you sad little squirrel dude.
... Should this be considered a point towards Peanut being the first to meet Marion? The fact that Rick could reference one of his older comics by doing so? He does like doing that on occasion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: ... Should this be considered a point towards Peanut being the first to meet Marion? The fact that Rick could reference one of his older comics by doing so? He does like doing that on occasion.
I'm glad you brought this up because I have some thoughts. Whenever Marion does finally decide to leave his house there are some options. One being he'd run into Peanut and Grape (at this point I'm assuming they would be together) which is unlikely. What is the most likely is that he will end up being chased by a predator and end up meeting Steward and/or the cult members. This is the most likely scenario and will most likely happen at or near the end of the chapter. I say that believing that this is going to be 2 parts and part one will end on the 31th of this this month. Part 2 will consist of cult stuff and hopefully coin stuff but again that is just a theory (as we all know they are hit and miss a lot of the time). Another option is that he seeks help from an external source. Mom or "L" will come get him possibly after googling "what to do when you find yourself randomly changed into an animal." There is also the possibility that Tarot will show up at his door mysteriously having have a vision or something; maybe Sabrina. Either way someone from Babylon Gardens will come fetch him and take him to the Great Kitsune.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do Tarot and Sabrina still have the ability to have visions like they used to? My understanding is that their powers that they got from Dragon had decreased significantly because they are no longer Dragon's avatar and back-up avatar.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Do Tarot and Sabrina still have the ability to have visions like they used to? My understanding is that their powers that they got from Dragon had decreased significantly because they are no longer Dragon's avatar and back-up avatar.
I’m assuming that either there is enough power left to sense a great change in the universe and/or Tarot used her Crystal tab to see him. Maybe they were tipped off.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I wonder if that little demon that Keene let out of Pandemonium had anything to do with this.
SeanWolf wrote: And now I'm hearing the Adam West's Batman theme now :lol:
Shana-nana-nana-nana Batman! Shana-nana-nana-nana Batman!

Man who woke up transformed into a bat: Oh, rub it in! Rub it in, why don't you?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Do Tarot and Sabrina still have the ability to have visions like they used to? My understanding is that their powers that they got from Dragon had decreased significantly because they are no longer Dragon's avatar and back-up avatar.
I’m assuming that either there is enough power left to sense a great change in the universe and/or Tarot used her Crystal tab to see him. Maybe they were tipped off.
My understanding of their power levels now is basically strong enough that the character can have a similar role, but not be a character with all the answers, as the smarter a character is, the harder it is the reliably get them to do stuff that is stupid if you know where the plot is going
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:I'm glad you brought this up because I have some thoughts. Whenever Marion does finally decide to leave his house there are some options. One being he'd run into Peanut and Grape (at this point I'm assuming they would be together) which is unlikely.
Meh, I want him to meet King first, followed shortly by him being dragged into the closet with Kitsune and King doing his *BLEEP* thing.

"Bleeping bleep what the bleep are you doing starting this bleep up again?"

Kitsune rolls on his back giggling.

Marion freaks out.

Edit: or maybe he drags the poor kid to Tarot, demanding to know why this bleep wasn't over.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:Meh, I want him to meet King first, followed shortly by him being dragged into the closet with Kitsune and King doing his *BLEEP* thing.

"Bleeping bleep what the bleep are you doing starting this bleep up again?"

Kitsune rolls on his back giggling.

Marion freaks out.

Edit: or maybe he drags the poor kid to Tarot, demanding to know why this bleep wasn't over.
(for what it's worth this scene still makes me wonder how much of his human life he's told her about over the years.)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So, if there are animals working with humans, the question is if an animal being in school is unprecedented!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Sleet wrote:So, if there are animals working with humans, the question is if an animal being in school is unprecedented!
... the wolves are literally students right now, so I’m assuming you mean before them
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:
(for what it's worth this scene still makes me wonder how much of his human life he's told her about over the years.)
By now, probably all of it. They've been married nearly six years. She's probably told him everything about her life too although all that herding stuff probably runs together at some point.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: Image
By now, probably all of it. They've been married nearly six years. She's probably told him everything about her life too although all that herding stuff probably runs together at some point.
It must have been an awkward talk on the cruise back from Australia.
Bailey: Alright, so to recap everything, you were human before we met.
King: Yes, I was turned into a dog by Pete so I could be his avatar.
Bailey: What kind of human were you?
King: What do you mean?
Bailey: Well, Fox told me about how you kidnapped him.
King: He....he told about that.
Bailey: I'm not upset as much as I was before. I just want to know if there is anything else in your past that I should know about.
King: Well.................
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that kidnapping Fox with his glandular problem partner was really the only extremely bad thing he did and a lot of the other stuff he probably only did for survival purposes.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Kids theses days don't need a doberman to chisel them into a mighty stone god, they adhere to a strict, five day a week weightlifting regimen.
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:School is perhaps not the best place to be going right now.
It seems one of my predictions is likely now. Go to school, likely interact with the wolves.
I dunno. This guy is a senior, pretty sure he's not in the same class as the younger wolves. Maybe they have lunch together but that would be horrible in this situation.
"Two more weeks of school" might've just been counting down to summer vacation. Remember that he would have to be a senior and not going to college for him to be done with school entirely. Just something to think about.
Jakkal wrote:"are you sick? No, you just transformed into a squirell. It won't change your learning experience in any way. You can go to school!"
Kids are asked to stay home from school so they don't spread the desease and to let them get the rest and stress-free environment conducive to a strong immune system to help them fight off the cold. Neither of those really apply to getting turned into a squirrel.
Jakkal wrote:noone bats an eye, that we have teenager squirrel nudity here? Okey then!
The wolves never wear collars and nobody cares much about that.
fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I kept to myself but not because people were scared of me but because I was a wallflower (still am) and am unable to properly socialize with people.
I was the same, a wallflower, and still am. I can't even use telegram without having a panic attack. Trying to do better.
Well, you're both here, aren't ya?
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:
From her perspective, all that human stuff probably runs together at some point.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm sure that kidnapping Fox with his glandular problem partner was really the only extremely bad thing he did and a lot of the other stuff he probably only did for survival purposes.
He did do something bad enough to go to prison before.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wonder entirely what he could have done that would have landed him in prison and if it was a length prison sentence that he got or a few months. Maybe an assault charge?