HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

caelei

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by caelei »

Felix swallowed, gave a slightly unconfident smile to Benuto, and then headed off to his designated area. As soon as he was in the bathroom, he let out a huge breath of air and ran both hands through the fur on his head, feeling very, very nervous. He didn't even know why. If wasn't like the little cardinal was a friend, or anything. And he himself wasn't doing anything but fetching tools/supplies. So it wasn't really a big deal. He told himself that, stepping up to the sink, which had drawers on it, and opening the first, as ordered. Towel and guaze, towel and guaze... he thought, reaching in and grabbing a towel, then looking at a couple different little boxes before he found one with a picture of guaze on it. He took both items into his arms, slid shut the drawer, and then left the bathroom, heading back to where O'Connor was. He placed the two items on the nearest table, said, "Towel and guaze," to the old dog, and then headed off to the kitchen, where he was to locate the 'popsicle sticks'. First drawer in the kitchen... he looked around, pulling open the first drawer he saw. He searched through the contents hurriedly, locating a small clear baggie filled with popsicle sticks. He grabbed those, carefully closed the drawer, and then half-sprinted back to where O'Connor was waiting. "Popsicle sticks," he announced, setting those, too, on the table, and then looking anxiously at Benuto, waiting for his next order. In his haste and nervousness, he had forgotten to dislike taking orders from a pet, and followed them on command.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

"Weill, tha' was quick," O'Connor said, smiling slightly. He then gently put the cardinal down, and spread out the towel, putting the bird on it. Checking the wing, he took one of the Popsicle sticks and, gently resetting the bone in the wing, put it up against the bone., After which he tightly wrapped the gauze around it. It was difficult, considering the feathers, but he managed to get it tight enough. He then checked the birds pulse (a difficult task as well; he ended up pressing his smallest finger on the bird's chest to find it) and looked for signs of a fever. After finding nothing out of the ordinary, he sighed and looked at Felix. "A'ruight, tha' takes care o' things. Ah'll ge' a small bowl o' water fur 'im when he wakes up. As fur yu, yu're free tu go. Unless ye have sumthin' yu wanted tu talk abou'."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav laughs an pants quickly, finally letting balbaroy up an dusts him off..
He rejoins Magnus, Cier an Del at the table. wolfing down his food.. munch munch munch nom nom nom!!!

He lap lap laps at his fully powered coffee drink, now that it has cooled down to a drinkable temp.
HMmMmm this is good...
tilting his head back to pour the coffee into his muzzle, gulping it down..
No wonder the humans like these things..
wagging his tail wildly.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:Pavelle shrugged, forked over a few dollars for Magnus' food and her own coffee, and then held up a finger in the universal gesture for 'wait'. "Just a sec," she said, then went over to Magnus, who was suddenly bouncing off his chair in excitement for being fed. "Share if someone wants one," she said, placing the plate of croissants on the center of the table, "I'll be over here with Venison." She turned and walked after Venison to a table far away from the others. "So," she said, finding a chair and sitting, "is finding this," she patted her backpack, "the only thing you've been doing over the past couple of weeks?" She didn't think that it would take that long to steal one item, but, then again, this item was pretty valuable. At least to her. And then it hit her. Again. The sudden feeling of guilt. Venison had stolen for her. Who had this chemo belonged to before he took it? She shook her head to keep herself from feeling that. Maybe it hadn't belonged to anybody, yet...
"Yes, that equivocally sums it all up. Took time to figure out the prescription, find a pharmacy with the right supplies, trick the pharmacist into preparing the stuff...and then nabbing it with proper timing takes a good while. I had to come up with a plan to get what I required, and then dealing with the rampant amount of strays...stealth may be effective, but you must admit its inefficiency. But yes, nothing else I can remember."

'Nothing of importance, anyway...' Venison looked into his coffee and drank. "PAH! Still got that kick I remember! So anyway, who's this Felix guy, really?" Venison inquired.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier returned to the table after disposing of the empty cup. He noticed that Octavian had left to sit by himself at another table. 'Odd, why would Octavian have gone over there?' All thought on the matter were interupted, however, when he noticed that Rav had rapidly consumed his entire cup of coffee and was growing more hyperactive by the second. 'Maybe I shouldn't have let him buy such a strong drink.'
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ArgentFlame wrote:Cier returned to the table after disposing of the empty cup. He noticed that Octavian had left to sit by himself at another table. 'Odd, why would Octavian have gone over there?' All thought on the matter were interupted, however, when he noticed that Rav had rapidly consumed his entire cup of coffee and was growing more hyperactive by the second. 'Maybe I shouldn't have let him buy such a strong drink.'

Rav does a quick head snap towards Octavian's location and back.. his eyes now dilated a bit, an his tail fur is all poofy..
HMMMMmmmm.. I don't rightly know... purrrrhaps he is uncomfortable with displays of friendship, silly playfulness, an emotions as venison is.. really why sooo serious all the time.

Rav figits in his chair.. picking apart an munching the baklava.. adding a sugar buzz to his caffeine buzz..
I see why so many pets come here now.. i feel great! like superdog!.. i could bench press a car! well a small one.. maybe.. I feel like i could finish the barn tonight... then we could have a ho-down.. or karaoke! do they have karaoke here? let do karaoke!!! it will be funs!!!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dylan wrote:Oh sure, you notice me, but you didn't notice Amelia acting all strange... The problem is Amelia...
Amelia, acting strange? I don't know, really, I think you're overreacting. I kinda understand, though, with that leash and all........
Just then, Pyxis started fiddling with his leash.
Dylan wrote:And if you don't mind I would really like to get out of here...
Alex' face took the "oh no" expression. What to do? By releasing Pyxis, Amelia will not just lose her trust, but most probably abandon him, and by ignoring Pyxis, he will hate him probably forever. There had to be a third option..... there just had to!
B... but.... I can't.... I promised! Please don't make me do it. Just, I mean..... well, look at your legs! I'm sure she wouldn't leash you in the first place if you weren't hurt. Where would you go if you weren't leashed now? Staying here is the best option, and I'm sure the leash is just temporary. Just..... stop fiddling with it!
The fiddling was annoying Alex to no end, and once Pyxis began doing it even more, it was enough to spill the glass. He pulled the leash with all of his strength towards him, powered up by anger, too. The force made Pyxis fall to the ground, followed by a loud "thump".
OH SH*T! - shouted Alex, as he knelt down to his side, releasing the leash to use his paws to turn him around.
You're not hurt, are you?
There were no injuries, as Alex could see.That made him calm, so he realized that the leash isn't in his paws anymore. With a swift move, upon locating its end, it was soon in Alex' paws again.
Come on... I'll bring you back to your sister. - he said, avoiding eye contact. He knew that Pyxis will be very, very angry.

-Meanwhile-

Mai and Gary looked around, their mouths wide open. The room was filled with all kinds of instruments, everywhere. Everywhere you look - music instruments. Yes, it was amazing on the first look, but still, Gary wasn't that much interested in making music. But when it comes to listening music........ His look was locked on a bookshelf with many, many CDs, where his legs were leading him.
So many CDs.......
Hey Lucky, I'm not sure if I ever find out, but..... what instruments can you play among these?!
Mai waited excited for the answer.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis was suddenly yanked by the neck by Alex! The next thing he knew was pain, and that he was on the floor, Pyxis looked up grabbing his throat coughing, What the h***. are you trying to kill me or are you just stupid? he paused a bit to message his neck, looking up at Alex with hatred, And what do you mean you won't let me go? I really need to get away from her...shes gone completely crazy...Okay, not completely...but still very odd, Oh yeah, just an FYI, I'm not going to tell you whats wrong with her unless you let me go...Got it? Pyxis stared at Alex wondering if he could possibly do such a thing...probably not, but still worth a try.
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

At Felix's name, Pavelle automatically scanned the coffee shop for him. Nowhere in sight. She tried not to look too relieved. She was also curious to where he'd gone. But that wasn't really important, was it, if he was out of her fur? She felt herself frowning a bit. "Felix thinks that I'm his long lost sister. And I probably am. I remember another raccoon, from a long time ago, when I was little. Felix showed up at my house the day you left, and hasn't gone back to his own home since. He's taken to following me around. I'm actually pleasantly surprised he's not here right now, listening to our every word. It's funny, actually. Almost as soon as we got here I think I saw Felix running down the street." She stopped, then looked at Venison. "Other than that, is there anything you might like to know about him? And why the interest?"

Meanwhile...
Magnus watched Rav's activities without any hint of disapproval. But he was confused. "Kar-a-oke?" He had no idea what that was, but if Rav got that excited about it, it should be fun, right? He started munching on his croissants, looking, almost in wonder, at Rav's drink, which seemed to be the source of his newfound hyper. "Pavelle never lets me have any of that..." he said, pointing at the cup, frowning slightly.

Meanwhile...
"A'ruight, tha' takes care o' things. Ah'll ge' a small bowl o' water fur 'im when he wakes up. As fur yu, yu're free tu go. Unless ye have sumthin' yu wanted tu talk abou'."
Felix's muscles tensed at the last, and he nodded his head once, sharply. Then he made himself loosen up, and went and fetched a small bowl of water, which he carefully carried back to O'Connor, not wanting to spill a drop. He set in on the table next to the bird, then fidgeted in place from foot to foot, looking slightly like a three-year-old when they're caught doing something bad. He looked up, meeting Benuto's eyes, trying to look ashamed of himself. "I...I'm sorry. I really am. For earlier today. I didn't think. It's just that... with pets... I've just never been around them. In the forest, animals don't really have too much physical contact, and especially not with strangers. If you touch someone you don't know, it means you want to fight." Okay. So it was only a small lie. Not a big deal. And the old dog shouldn't be able to see through it, should he? Felix looked at O'Connor hopefully, wringing his hands in a nervous gesture.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Zack snarled. How hard was it to get the internet to work? It worked every day, except today. Suddenly, a female voice said, "Internet not working?" "Yeah, Mom, the internet's not working, today. I have no idea, why, though." "Maybe you should go to the wall." "The wall? But, mom-" "Don't they have wi-fi there?" Sighing, Zack grabbed his laptop, and, went out the door.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Laughing a little, Lucky really enjoyed their responses. Almost everybody is stunned. "Here it is, my own room. I didn't originally have a full room, but the more stuff I got my parents eventually decided I needed a whole room to keep it in."
Alex wrote: So many CDs.......
Before going on Lucky moves some stuff out of the way revealing a small cubby door in the wall. "Hey, Gary. Think that's impressive? Check this." He opens the cubby door showing a row of vinyls and a record player.
Alex wrote: Hey Lucky, I'm not sure if I ever find out, but..... what instruments can you play among these?!
Standing up proudly he grins. "I can play all of them, but I'm best with the keyboard, and.... I've been told I can sing well."

--------------------

Balbaroy lays on the floor exhausted for a moment before sitting up, looking around confusedly as Rav shows obvious signs of being hyper. "Uh... Rav? Are you sure you're okay? You look like a cow what's heard a thunder clap."
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dylan wrote:What the h***. are you trying to kill me or are you just stupid?
Hey, watch your mouth! - shouted Alex. Calling him stupid was in the top 5 on his "Things I hate" list.
I didn't mean to pull you, I just got annoyed by your fiddling on the leash!
A short break followed, during that Alex realized how stupid it was to get nervous over something like that. I get nervous quickly. - he finished, with an apologizing voice. As much as he hated the fact, it was true. He gets nervous very quickly.
Dylan wrote:And what do you mean you won't let me go? I really need to get away from her...shes gone completely crazy.... Oh yeah, just an FYI, I'm not going to tell you whats wrong with her unless you let me go...Got it?
Dude, now that's exaggerating. She's not crazy. Maybe a little overprotective, but that's because she loves you. You're her brother. She's afraid that something really bad can happen to you, and fear can make you do crazy things sometimes. You should be glad that you have someone who cares about you this much. And...... - Alex paused for a moment, thinking of what to say next, I'm not letting go of you. I promised. You can swear, you can hate me, you can even attack me, but I am not letting go. Come on, let's go back to Amelia, and then join Lucky and the others.
With that, he stood up, and started walking back, waiting for Pyxis. He still avoided to pull on the leash.

-Meanwhile-
Woah, dude! - exclaimed Gary, as he started walking towards the vinyls.
Once Mai heard that Lucky can play all the instruments, she was wordless. All of them? That was something more than amazing, it was insane! However, after a while of wordless staring at him, she noticed that Alex still isn't here.
Where is Alex? Gary go get Alex!
No way, kiddo! - he answered, without even turning to her, still inspecting the vinyls.
Awwwww....... - her ears folded back. Then, after a while of thinking on how to kill the time, they erected back, and the smile came back, too.Lucky! Could you foreplay us something until they arrive? On the keyboard? Please!
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis got up only halfway to the point where he was sitting down cross legged, still angry with Alex but tried not to show it, well fine, you got me, but I still say something is wrong with her. he paused looking up at Alex, his anger more noticeable, I mean...Come on! look at this, holding up part of the leash, That has to tell you something, if that's not bad enough she threatened to put a lock on it... he paused at the possibility increasing if Alex told her that he wanted to run off, She might even do it anyway... Pyxis tried to get on Alex's good side, Still staring at Alex he tried to calm himself down, Okay, sorry I yelled at you for pulling my leash, but I'm not going out there... Pyxis refusing to go anywhere crossed his arms.

Amelia finished her sandwich, looking toward the hallway where Alex and Pyxis disappeared, what could Pyxis be doing over there? She was tempted to walk over, but she believed in Alex's promise. Amelia sighed again, staring at the ceiling waiting for Pyxis to return.
Last edited by Dylan on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Make Pasta not war.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

He looked around the shop again and saw Venison and Pavelle (He hadn't noticed them before) in a corner and then turned more to see the table with Cier and Del. Octavian chuckled when he saw Rav acting like a hyped-up nervous cat, or at least that's what it looked like. he heard him across the shop

I see why so many pets come here now.. i feel great! like superdog!.. i could bench press a car! well a small one.. maybe.. I feel like i could finish the barn tonight... then we could have a ho-down.. or karaoke! do they have karaoke here? let do karaoke!!! it will be funs!!!

Guess he never had a coffee... heeheh... "ho-down.... hehhe..." he was giggling to him self. "ehohoehee..." he smiled and sat back in his seat judging whether he should just walk over or not. "Pooh" he said Why not? either i make a few friends or i don't, Hmmm? he got up and walked over trying not to look either to happy or too apathetic. maybe it was just a instinct of his after what happened in Russia. "Hello" he said and then looked at Cier and Del "again" he said with a small grin.

what what? Jolly good time.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

A little bit later after he left the house, he arrived at the wall. Going inside, he noticed there were at least a few other pets there. The first one he recognized was the German shepherd. The others he couldn't really remember at the moment. After about a minute of looking around, he sat down at an empty table, and, began setting up his laptop, not caring that it seemed weird for a pet to have a laptop.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:At Felix's name, Pavelle automatically scanned the coffee shop for him. Nowhere in sight. She tried not to look too relieved. She was also curious to where he'd gone. But that wasn't really important, was it, if he was out of her fur? She felt herself frowning a bit. "Felix thinks that I'm his long lost sister. And I probably am. I remember another raccoon, from a long time ago, when I was little. Felix showed up at my house the day you left, and hasn't gone back to his own home since. He's taken to following me around. I'm actually pleasantly surprised he's not here right now, listening to our every word. It's funny, actually. Almost as soon as we got here I think I saw Felix running down the street." She stopped, then looked at Venison. "Other than that, is there anything you might like to know about him? And why the interest?"
"Well, I wanted to find out what I had missed while I was away. You were able to briefly mention him before our conversation was interrupted..." Venison fell off the sentence, not wanting to discuss his insanity at the moment. "And I wasn't able to obtain very much info on Felix. And after seeing him here, in the wall, where I noted he was a feral who disliked pets and had brought the anger of other pets upon him, I wanted to gauge how much a threat he was. Magnus...is a bit sharper than he gives off. He can tell you don't like Felix much, and I'm trying to figure out why. What I do know is that if he missteps and compromises you or Magnus, is that he's getting the splintery, blunt end of a quarterstaff to the nose," Venison explained. "Overall, he also seems to be competition," he added, not realizing the exact implications of what he just said.

He drank some coffee and looked up, noting another pet with a laptop had just waked in. A husky, it looked like. Venison payed him little mind, and hoped he would stay engrossed in the computer. He was done for introductions today.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

"If we hurry we may be able to finish the barn tonight, depending on what still needs to be done." Cier said, smiling. "Hello again."
caelei

Post by caelei »

For some reason, Pavelle was taken aback. "Felix? A feral? You mean like one of Grif's? Unlikely. And what's this about his getting in trouble with other pets?" She frowned, stopping to sip a bit of her coffee and collect herself. "And what do you mean 'compromise'? Felix isn't really a threat. And if he was, he wouldn't be sleeping on my bedroom floor at night. He wouldn't even be in my house." She took a deep breath. She hadn't really meant to defend Felix, but she had never really seen any overly hostile emotions/actions coming from him. Especially not towards other pets. When she was around, he normally just hung about in the background, or made polite conversation with strangers who wanted to strike up a conversation. Suddenly, another thing Venison said registered on her thoughts. Overall, he also seems to be competition... ? Now she was confused. Competition for what? Food? Dominance? She gave Venison a weird look, leaning back in her chair, stretching a little. Did she want to ask about this 'competition' thing? She didn't really want Felix and Venison fighting over anything, so maybe she should ask Venison about it now, so she could talk to Felix later. She hesitated, then added, "And one more thing. What would you two be "competing" for, exactly? Because I don't really enjoy the thought of either of you guys going at the other's throat..."

Meanwhile...
"If we hurry we may be able to finish the barn tonight, depending on what still needs to be done."
Magnus' ears perked up a bit. "Ooh! Can I help? Pleeeeaaaassseee?" He liked lending a helping hand whenever he could. Plus, the idea of having a clubhouse sort of thing for pets was very exciting.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:For some reason, Pavelle was taken aback. "Felix? A feral? You mean like one of Grif's? Unlikely. And what's this about his getting in trouble with other pets?" She frowned, stopping to sip a bit of her coffee and collect herself. "And what do you mean 'compromise'? Felix isn't really a threat. And if he was, he wouldn't be sleeping on my bedroom floor at night. He wouldn't even be in my house." She took a deep breath. She hadn't really meant to defend Felix, but she had never really seen any overly hostile emotions/actions coming from him. Especially not towards other pets. When she was around, he normally just hung about in the background, or made polite conversation with strangers who wanted to strike up a conversation. Suddenly, another thing Venison said registered on her thoughts. Overall, he also seems to be competition... ? Now she was confused. Competition for what? Food? Dominance? She gave Venison a weird look, leaning back in her chair, stretching a little. Did she want to ask about this 'competition' thing? She didn't really want Felix and Venison fighting over anything, so maybe she should ask Venison about it now, so she could talk to Felix later. She hesitated, then added, "And one more thing. What would you two be "competing" for, exactly? Because I don't really enjoy the thought of either of you guys going at the other's throat..."
Venison rolled his eyes at Pavelle's first comment, and sipped his coffee before responding. "No, not one of Grif's henchmen. Allow me to define how I use the following words: A feral is an animal that prefers to live outside, or even forsake, human society. A stray is an animal that once had an owner, and survives within human society. A pet is an animal legally owned by a human. He said some comment about not wanting to breathe air used by pets, showing a disdain for pets and thus human society, as well as having no mark that he is a pet; thus I call him a feral. Second question: I don't know Felix, I don't know what he'll do, I don't know much about how he acts or where he comes from. But should he hurt you in any way, and thus by extension, Magnus, there's no holding back for me; he's going down. And the last question...the last question..." Venison felt weird. Very weird. This was...what exactly was he feeling? "Uh, I don't have an answer...I really don't know." The feeling was somewhat recognizable, he realized. The feeling that came when other people heard his stomach growl. He had never known what it was called though...and why would it show up now? "Not even sure why I mentioned that."

A slight red streak showed up under his eyes, although he couldn't see it, and didn't realize it had appeared. He took another sip of coffee. 'Maybe the coffee wasn't brewed right...' He thought to himself.

(OOC: Yes, Venison is embarrassed! How cute. It's hard to embarrass him, and in most cases where people become embarrassed, he just becomes greatly annoyed. As a result, he hardly experiences the emotion, and doesn't really know what it is.)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote: Magnus watched Rav's activities without any hint of disapproval. But he was confused. "Kar-a-oke?" He had no idea what that was, but if Rav got that excited about it, it should be fun, right? He started munching on his croissants, looking, almost in wonder, at Rav's drink, which seemed to be the source of his newfound hyper. "Pavelle never lets me have any of that..." he said, pointing at the cup, frowning slightly.

Rav turns to Magnus.. his tail still wagging rapidly like a fan.
Yes karaoke, it's this machine that plays songs, an shows you the words to the songs so you can sing along!.. with the singer, or the machine can take the singer out, an it's just us singing the song..
Rav then slips Magnus the last 1/4 of coffee in his cup..
he try some, before she catches you with it!!.. heh heh heh..

kalvin wrote:
Balbaroy lays on the floor exhausted for a moment before sitting up, looking around confusedly as Rav shows obvious signs of being hyper. "Uh... Rav? Are you sure you're okay? You look like a cow what's heard a thunder clap."

Rav turns to face Balbaroy, wide eyed an grinning.
i'm feeling just fine an dandy, like sweet honey candy!.. No really.. i feel all pumped-up an excited.. is all.. yea.. Do i really look like a thunder clapped cow? you know, i've never met a cow...

Jimmy Jazz wrote: Guess he never had a coffee... heeheh... "ho-down.... hehhe..." he was giggling to him self. "ehohoehee..." he smiled and sat back in his seat judging whether he should just walk over or not. "Pooh" he said Why not? either i make a few friends or i don't, Hmmm? he got up and walked over trying not to look either to happy or too apathetic. maybe it was just a instinct of his after what happened in Russia. "Hello" he said and then looked at Cier and Del "again" he said with a small grin.

Foxy you've come back to us! see, we bite! Rav stops an thinks about what he just said..
don't bite! no biting!!**blushing in his ears**
Rav holds out his arms wide. Hugs?? did you come back to sing karaoke with us??

caelei wrote: Magnus' ears perked up a bit. "Ooh! Can I help? Pleeeeaaaassseee?" He liked lending a helping hand whenever he could. Plus, the idea of having a clubhouse sort of thing for pets was very exciting.

Well i've got one side all done, it just cutting around all those posts the humans put in to hold the new third level yup, that is taking so much time.. we could throw the carpet up on that one side an play there no problem.. anyone know how to lay carpet?? guess we can just nail it down in place if need be.. right?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dylan wrote:Well fine, you got me, but I still say something is wrong with her.... I mean...Come on! Look at this, that has to tell you something, if that's not bad enough she threatened to put a lock on it... Okay, sorry I yelled at you for pulling my leash, but I'm not going out there...
Alex sighed, and facepawed. What the h*ll was wrong with this cat now?!
Look, I already told you why she put the leash on you. There's nothing WRONG with her, she's just WORRIED about you! Get that into your head. Besides, what are you going to do if I release you? Walk somewhere off, hurting your legs even more? If you do that, I'm sure she will put a lock on it......
Slightly angry, his paw made its way to his pocket, where he pulled out the package and the lighter, taking out another cigarette, and offering one to Pyxis.
Stand up. Let's go back. Going away won't solve anything. I'll try to talk with Amelia about this later, but I am sure that you will be free once your legs are healed. And please remember: She's not crazy, she just loves you.
He sighed, blowing the smoke out. It had a calming effect.
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis hated to admit it but, Alex was right perhaps he was overreacting. Fine, whatever...I still think something is wrong with her... Pyxis stood up, I mean, she has been treating you different lately. without explaining, Pyxis slowly walked as far as he possibly could, stopping at the corner that separated Amelia from them, waiting for Alex to come lead him back. Pyxis was still angry with the fact that Alex had some control over him by holding the leash, Pyxis looked back at him, I just don't want to be embarrassed, especially by you. stressing the word you when he said it. Pyxis muttered under his breath, Come on lets go back...
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex sighed, with relief. Although he wondered to no end how Amelia could be treating him differently, he walked back without any questions. They finally reached Amelia.
W-we're back.... here's the leash. See, not a hair missing from him.
He avoided eye-contact while giving the leash away, pretending to be looking for an ashtray.
muffins and cookies, no ashtray in sight here... - he whispered, more to himself than to anybody else.
Let's go to Lucky's room. They're probably only waiting for us, and if someone knows where to find one, it's Lucky. I mean, it's his house, after all.
Before leaving, he gave out a small smile.
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

"W-we're back.... here's the leash. See, not a hair missing from him." Amelia examined Pyxis herself, she was finally convinced that he was ok Pyxis! Amelia gave Pyxis a crushing hug, and a kiss, glad your ok come on lets go see the others,

Pyxis would have responded if it wasn't for Amelia giving a overly loving hug so strong that he couldn't even breathe. Come on lets go. she pulled on his leash unexpectedly as she moved towards the next room, choking him in the process. Pyxis grabbed his collar to ease the pulling on his neck, which helped a little but Amelia seemed oblivious to her actions. Passing Alex he mouthed the words, Help! before entering the room.
Last edited by Dylan on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle looked at Venison levelly, but with concealed frustration. Why wouldn't he answer her third question? Obviously, he wouldn't answer if he didn't know... but then why would he bring 'competition' up in the first place? He had to know, didn't he? Or maybe he just got mixed up about something? And... woah! Why was he blushing? For some reason, she found his embarrassment contagious, and fought to control the heat beginnning to spread on her cheeks. She looked into her coffee, frowning, searching for a topic, any topic at all. She found something and just blurted it out. "So how are you going to live with Rav if you can't stand being around his emotions for too long?" She breathed out a sigh of relief, feeling the blush fading away. Even though his question was personal, it was away from that other topic, which was good. Though she didn't know why she should be embarrassed that Venison was. It must be like yawning. One person yawns, others follow suit. That thought was reassuring.

Meanwhile...
Magnus looked guiltily at the cup Rav was offering him. He looked back over at Pavelle, who was across the room, but she seemed too busy staring at her own coffee to notice anything over here. He turned his head back towards Rav, suddenly feeling empty in the pit of his stomach, but not like he was hungry. A different kind of empty... and his heart was beating. He suddenly felt like he had an obligation to drink the coffee, because Rav was offering it. He reached out, grabbed it, and then gulped it down. There. Out of sight, out of mind. And then his stomach started gurgling. And his eyes started watering. He wiped them, settting the empty coffee cup back onto the table. He looked at Rav, who seemed to be bouncing off the walls. But Magnus hardly felt any of that. What he was beginning to feel was sick. He folded his hands over his stomach, trying to ignore the nauseous feeling. He wondered why Rav liked coffee so much if it made him feel like this.

((Allergies...))
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:I...I'm sorry. I really am. For earlier today. I didn't think. It's just that... with pets... I've just never been around them. In the forest, animals don't really have too much physical contact, and especially not with strangers. If you touch someone you don't know, it means you want to fight.
The apology took O'Connor off guard. He cocked his head, giving the raccoon an odd look. But he smiled slightly after hearing it. "Weill, ah suppose we both overreacted a bet." He sighed a bit. "Ah neid tu learn tu control mah temper be'er. Ah apologuize, as weill." He reached up to pat the raccoon's shoulder, but paused, realizing the danger of the movement. Instead, he scratched himself behind the ear. "Anywueys, ye can go ef ye want. We're dun 'ere, fur naow." Suddenly a groan came from behind him, and he turned to see the Cardinal coming out of it. "Urgh, where am I? This doesn't look like anywhere I've been before." O'Connor walked over and bent down by the bird. "Nuice ta sei tha' yur no' dead. You doin' a'ruight?"
"Ugh,yeah, I think so," the cardinal said, rubbing his head with his bandaged wing. Feeling the gauze, he suddenly gave a cry of surprise. Then he got a good look at O'Connor. The cry he gave then made the first look like a hiccup. He dove behind Felix with a loud "AAAAUUUUUUUGH! Don't let him eat me!!!!!"

((OOC: First, it's so nice to not have to write in a Scottish accent for a character! Second, Domestic cats and dogs are actually considered predators of the Northern Cardinal. This could spell trouble for Tory 8-) . However, raccoons aren't.))
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Keeshah wrote: Foxy you've come back to us! see, we bite! Rav stops an thinks about what he just said..
don't bite! no biting!!**blushing in his ears**
Rav holds out his arms wide. Hugs?? did you come back to sing karaoke with us??
he frowned "Bite?... why would i bite any one? its not like you're a insane feral" he sat down across the table from Rav "Personally, I'm not one for hugging people i barely know. no offense though."

Keeshah wrote: Well i've got one side all done, it just cutting around all those posts the humans put in to hold the new third level yup, that is taking so much time.. we could throw the carpet up on that one side an play there no problem.. anyone know how to lay carpet?? guess we can just nail it down in place if need be.. right?
"I wouldn't have any idea about that.... and a third floor?.... that's crazy!..." he trailed off and then said "in a good sort of way" leaning over the table a little he messed with a sugar packet to keep his paws busy "so how could i help?" he asked still messing with the sugar packet.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:She found something and just blurted it out. "So how are you going to live with Rav if you can't stand being around his emotions for too long?" She breathed out a sigh of relief, feeling the blush fading away. Even though his question was personal, it was away from that other topic, which was good.
'Thank god, she changed to topic,' Venison thought to himself. "Um...well, living with Rav; that will not work. Far too touchy-feely for me." He peered over to the other table, where he watched Rav bounce up and down, pushing his coffee cup toward Magnus. "I might be able to stand him for one or two days before going utterly insane like...last time. Maybe with some mental conditioning and training, but not now. He offered me a spot to sleep in the barn... that other girl dog Rachel offered me sanctuary...many of the pets around here seem unusually charitable; there is likely many places for me to stay...and I could always sleep in a tree...I'm still a stray. I can always find a place to sleep somewhere."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote: he frowned "Bite?... why would i bite any one? its not like you're a insane feral" he sat down across the table from Rav "Personally, I'm not one for hugging people i barely know. no offense though."

Rav waves his big paw in the air..
Oh no offense taken at all.. your not the first who is wary of letting others get close to them.. it's something i'm working on, so i don't freak then out anymore..

Jimmy Jazz wrote: "I wouldn't have any idea about that.... and a third floor?.... that's crazy!..." he trailed off and then said "in a good sort of way" leaning over the table a little he messed with a sugar packet to keep his paws busy "so how could i help?" he asked still messing with the sugar packet.

Oh the new third floor is great! you can almost see the whole town an surrounding area from it!!.. we just need to drag that carpet up the stairs an cut it to size, an afix it to the fllor so no one can trip on it..
Rav watches Octavian nervously mangling the sugar packet.. laying his ears back..
am i making you feel uncomfortable? he asks with a whimper..

caelei wrote: Magnus's eyes started watering. He wiped them, setting the empty coffee cup back onto the table. He looked at Rav, who seemed to be bouncing off the walls. But Magnus hardly felt any of that. What he was beginning to feel was sick. He folded his hands over his stomach, trying to ignore the nauseous feeling. He wondered why Rav liked coffee so much if it made him feel like this.

((Allergies...))

Rav perks his ears up at the sound of Magnus's stomach gurgling, as well as noticing that he has suddenly gotten very quiet. He tilts his head off to the side looking concerned as the big dane is holding his belly..
Are you feeling all right? you are not looking so well... Do you need help to the bathroom here?
getting up to help the big dog up an take him to the restroom..
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky is glad to have an appreciative honest for once, normally the only interaction he has is with his parents telling him he's being a little too loud. Fortunately they're too polite to interupt when he has friends over. He gives a sheepish grin and walks over to the keyboard, looking to Mai he thinks for a second before cracking his knuckles and beginning to play "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. After a little bit he begins to sing along. (If you want to know the words look it up, I'm NOT going to type song lyrics. That would be ridiculous.)

--------------------

Kalvin looks to Magnus growing genuinely concerned with his reaction to the coffee. He never drank the stuff himself, never liked the taste. He stood up and offered an arm to Magnus. "Hey there, you crook there big guy?"
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
caelei

Post by caelei »

Felix nearly imploded on himself when O'Connor apologized, he was so relieved and surprised. Well, that went well... he thought, slightly proud of himself, though he didn't really understand why. And now that that's handled, I may as well excuse myself. He cleared his throat to do so, but, just as he was about to say his farewell, the little injured bird seemed to come back to life with a bang of pent-up energy. And then, for some inexplicable reason, the guy was hiding behing Felix. For safety. Hmm. Weird. He looked over his shoulder at the little bird, slightly astounded, then turned back around to face Benuto. "Uh. You eat birds? Eww." Raccoons were primarily omnivores, and he understood eating meat, but still. A live cardinal? Gross. Even though he was wild, he still secretly preferred to cook his food first. That was the reason he started carrying matches in the first place... He turned back to the bird, who was still hiding behind him, and gave him a small, reassuring smile. "Dude. Be mellow. Calm is good. Especially since your wing is a little screwed up. We'll figure this out." He could identify with the cardinal. Being in an unfamiliar place, around unfamiliar animals, who may/may not be harmful. Plus, this bird was wild, he pressumed. Which made he himself feel a bit of "kindred" towards the guy, even though they had never met. That made him frown a bit. He was going soft. The pets were warping him. Ugh.

Meanwhile...
"Um...well, living with Rav; that will not work. Far too touchy-feely for me." He peered over to the other table, where he watched Rav bounce up and down, pushing his coffee cup toward Magnus. "I might be able to stand him for one or two days before going utterly insane like...last time. Maybe with some mental conditioning and training, but not now. He offered me a spot to sleep in the barn... that other girl dog Rachel offered me sanctuary...many of the pets around here seem unusually charitable; there is likely many places for me to stay...and I could always sleep in a tree...I'm still a stray. I can always find a place to sleep somewhere."
The first thing that caught Pavelle's attention was the phrase 'the other girl dog Rachel'. She didn't know why she should care who did/who didn't offer Venison a place to stay, so shook off her interest. And then she realized that she hadn't ever thought to offer a place in her own home to him. Her family had a sort of 'guest room' that nobody really used. Plus, there was always the couch, though Felix sometimes stayed on that, if he was feeling like being alone. Oh. That brought up the whole Felix-Venison-competition thing. Would it be wise to offer Venison a place in her house if Felix was already there? Probably not. They would be stepping all over each other's toes, probably, and that would end up with one or the other snapping. But, Pavelle felt a certain obligation towards Venison. To try to help him. Like he had helped her. Many times. Also, they were 'friends', weren't they? And didn't friends do sleepovers and things? Admittedly, she didn't really have any experience on the matter. She'd never really had friend-friends, close friends. She'd really had things more like acquaintances. People/pets she knew, but didn't know well. She pondered for a moment, then decided that just offering couldn't hurt anything. Most likely, he would decline. And it wouldn't really matter either way, would it?

"Okay, I don't really know how to offer this, so I'm just going to say it how it comes to me." She paused, thinking. "You have already classified yourself as a 'friend'. And friends help friends. So. Um. I just wanted you to know, that if you ever really need a place to stay, instead of at Rav's or Rachel's or anyone else's, you could stay at my house. Of course, Felix would be there. And Magnus. And me, too. But my parents wouldn't bother you, and we have a guest room that nobody really goes in." She stopped, but thought that maybe he would take it like she was pressuring him, so added, "But you don't have to, if you don't want. Of course not. Just wanted to let you know, in case. So. Yeah." She was feeling a bit awkward by the end, but stuck to her decision. She really didn't think he would like the idea of being so close to her, though. Especially after that thing two weeks ago, when she sort-of accidentally caused him to flee the area. Oops. And now she was feeling kind of stupid, for saying what she just said. Oh well.

Meanwhile...
Magnus was starting to feel really green. Not barf-all-over-the-place sick, but more like queasy-seasickness sick. And a bit dizzy. He leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes, which were still watering a bit, and folded his hands over his chest, taking deep breaths. He could almost feel the coffee bubbling in his stomach, and suddenly understood why Pavelle had told him never to drink it. He'd just thought it was because of the whole 'getting hyper' thing. Now he knew better. He tried to stop from making any unnecessary movements, because when he did it just made him feel yuckier inside. Then he heard a voice to one side of him, Balbaroy's, and felt a small touch on his arm.
"Hey there, you crook there big guy?"
He kept his eyes securely closed as he answered. "I'm not feeling very good right now. Coffee is bad."
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:"Uh. You eat birds? Eww."
O'Connor stood up and chuckled slightly. "Sorreh tu disappoint ye, bu' ui've never aten a berd en mah luife."
caelei wrote:"Dude. Be mellow. Calm is good. Especially since your wing is a little screwed up. We'll figure this out."

The Cardinal glanced up at the raccoon. He cocked his head in a bird-like manner, and then came out from behind Felix, looking sheepish. O'Connor's smile widened. "Don' wurreh, laddeh, Ah'm no' gunna eat ye. Ah promise." The bird coughed slightly. "Sorry about freaking out like that. I guess this whole ordeal kinda took me off-guard. And what with learning that dogs are a predator....." He then glanced up, realizing the cry he had given out. "Er, but, I'm no coward! Why, if it weren't for my broken wing, I'd have taken you on myself!" O'Connor laughed at that. "Ah, a tough laddeh we go' 'ere. Wha's yur name? Fur convenience reasons, muind ye." The bird looked confused, but lightened up a bit. "Er...Tory." "Weill, Toreh, yu're weilcome te stay 'ere 'til yur wing's healed." He then looked back at Felix. "And yu're weilcome tu leave if yu so desire, raccoon."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

"Well, laying down carpet isn't exactly my area of expertise either. I suppose nailing it down could work. It's not like it needs to be professional or anything." He noticed that Magnus did indeed seem to not be feeling well.
"Strange, he was fine a minute ago"
"He seems to be having an adverse reaction to the coffee, Perhaps you should ask Pavelle if she knows anything about this."
"I think I'll do that." Getting up, he walked quickly over to the table where Pavelle and Venison were talking. "Sorry to interupt but Magnus seems to have ingested some coffee and may be having an allergic reaction of some kind."
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:"Okay, I don't really know how to offer this, so I'm just going to say it how it comes to me." She paused, thinking. "You have already classified yourself as a 'friend'. And friends help friends. So. Um. I just wanted you to know, that if you ever really need a place to stay, instead of at Rav's or Rachel's or anyone else's, you could stay at my house. Of course, Felix would be there. And Magnus. And me, too. But my parents wouldn't bother you, and we have a guest room that nobody really goes in." She stopped, but thought that maybe he would take it like she was pressuring him, so added, "But you don't have to, if you don't want. Of course not. Just wanted to let you know, in case. So. Yeah."
"And the amount of places I can stay continue to multiply." Venison gave a very small, almost unnoticeable smile. "Maybe I could just spend one night in one house, another night in another house...continuously shift around...that would be satisfactory indeed. Actually, best case scenario, really...I wonder what other houses I can stay at? I could try Lucky. Or Minty. Hmm...
ArgentFlame wrote:"Sorry to interupt but Magnus seems to have ingested some coffee and may be having an allergic reaction of some kind."
"That's...not good. Allergies. I don't know much about food allergies, other than the obvious..."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav trembles an paces behind Magnus's chair, on the verge of panic..
It was his fault, he gave the coffee to him, he is the one who hurt one of his close friends.. one of his pack..
An now he didn't know how to fix what he has done!! pulling unknowingly at the fur on the sides of his arms in patches..
He whimpers ..
I sorry.. i'm So sorry (sniff), i didn't know.. what can i do.. how can i help?? what do i do now??
caelei

Post by caelei »

"Sorry to interupt but Magnus seems to have ingested some coffee and may be having an allergic reaction of some kind."
Pavelle looked at him in shock, caught off guard. No matter how many times she told Magnus not to do something... but that didn't matter right now. His reactions weren't so severe to be fatal, but they were very uncomfortable and sometimes showed a wide variety of symptoms. The only time they had had to take him to the hospital for a reaction was when he was a puppy and ingested Dad's entire large coffee; Magnus' throat had swelled, constricting his airway, and he had gone into shock. Pavelle started going through all the pockets on her backpack hurriedly, looking for her first aid box. She found it and quickly opened it, rifling through the contents, finding a small cylindrical object with yellow, black, and white markings on it. She jogged across the room quickly to Magnus, removed the cap off the object, and pushed the exposed needle into Magnus' leg at around thigh level, injecting the drug. Magnus yelped, suprised at the sting, but held still. A couple minutes later, he sat up a little straighter, and Pavelle gave him a follow-up pill to swallow. He did so obediately, already feeling better. "You doing alright?" she asked him quietly, and he shook his head 'yes'. She sighed, then said, "I guess we'd probably better get you home." And then to Cier, "Thank you," and then to Rav, "It's not your fault, Rav. You didn't force him to drink it. In an hour or two he should be fine." She wasn't angry at the German Shepard. He hadn't known what the coffee could do.

Meanwhile...
Felix looked between the cardinal, to O'Connor, and back again. If Benuto wasn't going to eat the bird, then he had really no reason to stay. "Well. I'll be going, then. Um. Have fun? Bye." He waved, and then quickly left, heading slowly back towards the Wall. He hoped by this time that the others would have all left.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Keeshah wrote:Oh no offense taken at all.. your not the first who is wary of letting others get close to them.. it's something i'm working on, so i don't freak then out anymore..
"its not that I'm wary exactly, i just find it awkward to hug random strangers, its like plastering a sign on your head that says 'Socially awkward: that's how i roll' "
Keeshah wrote:Rav watches Octavian nervously mangling the sugar packet.. laying his ears back..
am i making you feel uncomfortable? he asks with a whimper..

"Hm?... what?.." he raised a eye brow "oh! no, not at all i just fiddle with stuff to keep myself entertained... not that you guys are boring" this is when Mangus started acting like he ate poisonous mushroom or something. "Uh?....." he sat there still messing with the sugar packet wondering what was going on. Cier walked off while Rav freaked out a little and Cier came back with Pavelle and gave Mangus a shot while Octavian just sat there looking slightly worried. that was random... he thought with a raised eye brow. "What the h*** just happened?..." he asked looking a bit worried.

Missingo

Post by Missingo »

...Matthew and Rachel finished their meals, and walked over to a table with a sizable amount of pets. "Hey guys," Rachel said to them, smiling.

Just then, a raccoon came rushing over to the table with a first aid kit. Matthew winced as she pulled out an epipen and jabbed it into one of the dogs legs.
Octavian wrote:What the h*** just happened?
Matthew sighed with relief when he noticed someone he knew. "Hey Octavian," he greeted quickly, "apparently the dog had just had an allergic reaction to something."~

Rachel walked up to the dog who had just received the shot. "Hey, are you alright?" she asked, concerned. The dog looked extremely miserable. "I know shots are never fun, but we need them to feel better. I'm Rachel, who are you?"
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

"Its just good to know that he'll be alright" Cier said, sitting down just as Rachel and Matthew walked over. "Hello there."
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dylan wrote:Help!
At first Alex didn't realize why he needs help, still busy scanning the room for an ashtray, but then, when he turned around, he noticed how Amelia is almost choking him. As they entered the room, Alex run along with them, and stood in front of Amelia, hopefully causing her to stop walking.
Uhm, Amelia.....
Now this was great. Starting a random conversation to stop her from walking wasn't a good idea. A lack of topic is always embarrassing and bad.
Would you..... I, erh, mean, could you..... or no no, wait...... would you like to go somewhere later? Yeah, that's what I wanted to ask.
Before she could answer, Lucky started playing the keyboard, and singing along. Mai was amazed. His voice wasn't really amazing her, but his fingerwork...... it was something she could never pull off. How his fingers crossed the keyboard, light as feathers, but still strong enough to press the buttons. Even Gary stopped examining the vinyls and turned around to see the show. After he was done with the song, the three cats started clapping slowly, and then harder.
That was an amazing show. - said Alex. Why didn't you tell me that you can play so good? Oh, by the way..... - he added, looking down at his paw where he held the cigarette, do you have an ashtray? I couldn't find one.
Mai's expression changed to an angry and sad one at the same time. She always hated when Alex smoked. It stinks, and it's very unhealthy. Even she knew that.
It's fine.
Mai jumped, and turned around. It was Gary, whispering.
He, too, will realize how it's hated in public.
Once her mouth opened to say something, Gary's finger found its way to it.
Now shush. I came here to have fun, not to talk about Alex' worst habit.
Richarson Valley