Out Of Context Quotes

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: Out Of Context Quotes

Post by Buster »

"I don't mean to be rude, but we probably don't need you here for most of this. we basically know what we're doing."
"No you don't."
"That is a fair point."
*Mutes screaming* "Is anybody here actually qualified for their job?"
"No, That's kinda our shtick."
"...the thought of seeing your budget fills me with dread."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!"
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

"Oh, hey! Is that lemon-flavored copper?"
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Look, I'm sorry, but tearing apart the fabric of the universe is not a dismissible offence! Now please let me go!”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?"
Last edited by CunningFox on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Turns out to defeat Darkness, you just need to throw massive shade.”

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"This the way the world ends, not with a bang but with an … oops, ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno !!!!!"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“There’s barely any conflict, since the necro-cow is too powerful for the stepmother to adequately combat.”

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Chocolate may not make everything right but it makes everything else irrelevant."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Now get on your flying boat and stop a crazy dwarf vampire from committing election fraud!”

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“So many complex emotions, just be hungry or dead.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"And it's serious enough that i'm throwing a fish at it. That's when you know it's really serious."

"behold, the ceremonial dueling fish!"

"Insomnia, it's amazing!"

"always... The birds... Forever... the birds..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That second quote reminded me of Dr. Weird from ATHF.

Please bring back ATHF [adult swim].
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"I don't care if it's a 'her' or a 'him', I'm hungry."
"What a savage."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Listen: making puzzles is hard, and it's a lot easier to assume something annoying is going to happen directly above you in a hundred years.“

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“You're exhausted, I can read your brainwaves with my fancy robot eyes.”
“Really?”
“Of course not. The mere fact that you'd believe that tells me you're in no shape for field work right now.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I think we found the one time where being on fire is a good thing.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Maybe civilization wouldn't have ended if everyone wasn't so busy unboxing new phones all the time and leaving them strewn around the countryside.“

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Insert witty comment here during post production.”

Vanice

Post by Vanice »

"Busting feeding frenzy. Stay out of the water."
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Oh my god, I got jumpscared by myself!”

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Don’t trust anyone, especially not snake-hands Jimmy. His hands are snakes.”

Vanice

Post by Vanice »

"I think it was the Halloween after the bunny"
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"A bird in the hand worth two in the bush unless it's a Great Blue Heron."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“The only good thing about April 1 is, if I ever want to commit a crime, I just have to do it in a really bizarre way, like rob a bank while dressed like Jesus Christ. Then I know the cops will never show up, especially when they learn I escaped by water skiing.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"so, i drunkenly sang karaoke so bad, that i released the apocalypse."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Do you take hands?”
“This isn’t Necromart ma’am.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I don't know what happened, i think i became a Pokemon and flushed someone down a washing machine."
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Friends don't shoot friends"
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Well, when you challenge Death, just remember: he's not very good at karaoke."

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"We're down to the final event of the deathcathilon. it's worth three points, so it's still anyones battle to win."
"Then why bother doing the other two?"
"Ratings."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

She felt her thoughts arrest themselves for a moment, because is that dog drunk? was not a thought she’d ever expected to have.

Commander Bevin

Post by Commander Bevin »

"You're FACE is a useless freak!"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“I'm in a public beef with an unsanctioned Japanese otter. I needed this.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"We have...

Myamoto's boy. Donkey. Legolas. all curves. all edge. Gadzuki. The one that got away. Samantha. A digimon. Myamoto's mistake. The nintendo entertainment system system. Bart Lemming. Kirby's Mum. Friend Zone. A Zombie survival game. Biff Tanon. these two banging or brother and sister or what? Shrek. The Wind Fish. Not a Doctor. A Yokai. Birdo. Every anime Character. How tumblr draws every anime character. the best character dont @ me. Statler ant. Darth vader. Is this really the best fire emblem can bring? what? ___ you, that's Marth again! Nuclear Shadow. Fourth wall breaker. Cherubim. Seraphim. No there's definitely a suit there. Dadcubed. (! sound effect) Seriously... Seriously... Dog Fighter. Monkey shirt (uninteligable). original sin. bill Clinton. never hire a stuttering bishop for your coronation. Mysterio. Ultra instinct sonic. _____ old _______. breath of the child. everyones favorite gladiator. horribly in debt. Chastity belt. I'd super smash that if you know what i'm saying. Fashion is it more important than depth perception? a small computer. I literally don't know. the neck strength on her! people would change, scratch out the p turn it into an F. oh, white hair now. how original. Shrek... uh... again. Doctor rob-AWWWW-tnik. we all shot that dog. EYEBROWS. even his gloves have pecs. Backed up online. Oh for ______ sake just TRY! Mum?! Banksy. the real Theresa May. what the twilght films needed. undo those belts and his his arms fall off. Killer Croc. Her birthday is 20th of december, don't ask me how I know that. Demon balor. john. me. and finally, Simon Peg."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Blowing people up is satisfying, but... sometimes you just want more. So, I've developed an attack I call "The Nicolas Cage Cage": I surround my enemy with angry bees, leaving them trapped in a stinging galaxy while I pelt them with magic.”

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“If you don’t like raw aggression, you shouldn’t be working at Build a Bear Workshop.”

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"You look like a UPS driver who refuses to wear brown!"
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“This was meant to be a simple team building exercise to design the ideal paper airplane.”
”Technically that’s what we did.”
“It has a warp drive, Ben!”

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"A giant mushroom, maybe it's friendly?"
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.