HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So its safe to say that Sasha and Kevin are broken up then?
Yep.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

ANNOUNCEMENT:

So, I was going to keep this as a surprise for later but, after giving it some thought, I'm going to announce it now: HousepetZ will be ending in two arcs (after FrozeZone is done). Why? Well there's a couple of reasons:

- First of which is because the dark elements (I'm still surprised I was able to keep this PG-13 with some of the scenes I did...the nightmare scene and Pete The Chimera's death anyone?) of this story and how depressing it was at times actually started to get to me to the point and affect my thinking to where that was ALL that was on my mind 24/7, so I figured it'd be best to end it sooner rather then later.

- Second? I want to do some more fun and lighthearted fan-fics like the Dungeons & Dragons one along with the next one (Housepets+Borderlands) I have in the works.

- I also want to focus on the two novels (An anthology and a main-line one) I'm working on.

- Lastly and more importantly is that, to put it simply, after Bat Out Of The Netherworld: I ran out of ideas. Yeah, after I started to write up the summaries and outlines for this and the next two arcs...I just blanked (even after taking a few days of rest I still blanked), so I did some reworking and made the last arc I wrote the final arc. It's why some chapters may have felt short or rushed: I was just running out of ideas. Same time, I felt the story fell too far away from its original intent when I brought in the Celestials and Bino going to the Netherworld.

Still, I would like to thank everyone who made this one of my biggest successes I ever had...seriously, all the comments you guys gave this really meant a lot to me as writing was never my strongest area but...who would've thought me writing a story about the Housepets Crew surviving a Zombie Apocalypse and everything that happened would be one of my biggest success of project I've made? Again, thank you all for reading this tale :)

Rock On,
SeanWolf

P.S The next arc will be a two part story, hence why I said it'll be ending after the next two arcs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We totally understand why you have to end this story. Your mental health should come first. It was a great ride while it lasted! I'm glad we got to read what you did put together!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

All good things must come to an end. Don't worry about it, I understand! :)
When you started this story I was brand new to the HP forums, so I expected this to be a small fanfic. I've been pleasantly surprised ever since then. This story has come so far from where it began. You've created a wonderful new take on the HP universe. It's been a great ride.
But let's not mourn it before it's dead! There's still plenty of fun to be had! :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:All good things must come to an end. Don't worry about it, I understand! :)
When you started this story I was brand new to the HP forums, so I expected this to be a small fanfic. I've been pleasantly surprised ever since then. This story has come so far from where it began. You've created a wonderful new take on the HP universe. It's been a great ride.
But let's not mourn it before it's dead! There's still plenty of fun to be had! :D
Amazee Dayzee wrote:We totally understand why you have to end this story. Your mental health should come first. It was a great ride while it lasted! I'm glad we got to read what you did put together!
Thanks guys :) Don't worry I have no intentions of stopping writing as I got PLENTY of ideas for future Housepets Fics :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anything involving somebody getting a pie in the face? XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Anything involving somebody getting a pie in the face? XD
:lol: Nah, but there is one involving a story by 'Four Finger Discount' Jack :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Short arc and, this time, trying a new style with this arc)
HousepetZ: Tails From A Wastelander's Journal 2: FrozeZone
Chapter 2: Well that blows!

To: Cerberus
Subject: Well, that blows!

Well! Today could've been better! So, I decided to travel to one of the deserted towns in this area just to see if I could find anything of value and...A DOGGONE SNOWSTORM ERUPTED OUT OF NOWHERE! Seriously! Had to take cover in this mechanics garage I found and now I'm waiting it out. Of course, there were a few zombies in there and they went down faster then a glass of water. But yeah, with the zombies dead, I'm just hunkering down in the garage and waiting out the storm, which actually did give me some time to work on the humvee and motorcycle and give 'em both some well needed maitenance! Espically the bike, I mean, you should've seen the state of the oil and the rear tire! Same time, I was also able to get some weapon cleaning done...oh did I forget to mention? Yeah, grabbed some new gear while I was clearing out the Milton Brother's home! Got me a new shotgun, one AWESOME .50 cal Sniper Rifle (Believe me,this puppy can put a hole through fifty freaks), ammo, and...yeah, food and drinks cause why not? But yeah, did some cleaning on those then I just spent the rest of the time watching stuff on my laptop and playing whatever game I had on there, in this case it was Doom 3. Oh, I got your email and...what do you mean Keene wasn't the one who caused this!?

~Sasha
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Sasha
Subject: RE: Well, that blows!

First off, I'm happy you're safe as snowstorms are never fun and I'm...guess I'm happy you got some new guns to use. But in regards to your question, it's a bit complicated but, yes, Keene was NOT the one who did the zombie outbreak. He was tricked by a Celestial named Seker who gave him some powers and, in short, he renamed himself Osiris and you know the rest. Now Anubis, the guy who was with me, did manage to get the Osiris side out of him and Keene has apologize for everything he's done, after he explained why he did the act, so hopefully that brings a bit of happiness to you.
~Cerberus

P.S Yes, I told him both Duke and Simon are dead and all he said was: "Honestly, I never really liked those two anyway."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APOLOGIZED?! That money-grubbing hog-nosed tube snake should DIE for what he did to me and the world! If I ever see that lil' weasel, I'm putting a bullet right between his eyes! I don't give two-cents if he apologized for what he did!!! He not only ruined the lives of everyone but mine as well! When you see Keene again, tell him Sasha said that she does not accept his apology and she'll see him in The Netherworld.

~Sasha

No. You seriously need to let the past go and move on. Lately, I fear you are becoming like the people you hunt and that last email proves it to me. I know your owner and you killing him had some affect on your current life, but I also know there was something in your past that made you this cold...so please, for your health and sanity: Accept his apology and move on.

~Cerberus

When Keene's dead, I'll accept it with a smile on my face and a joy-filled heart. Until then: Apology Not Accepted

~Sasha
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Woah. I can admit right now that I would have never believed that I would see Sasha so cold and enraged.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Yikes, Sasha. I'd cut Keene some slack, he didn't want this to happen. Isn't that worth something? :?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(This will be a 5-chapter arc...and yes it will be told from an Email perspective as it's honestly easier to do hehe)
Chapter 3: Cold Blood Is All You Need

To: REDACTED
Subject: Update

Chatted with Sasha last week...yeah she's not doing well at all. I have NEVER seen her this cold before! She did mention about a snowstorm but, unfortunately, my search on the Weather Channel did nothing about any location she could be at as all they said was half the state she's in was in a Winter Storm Warning, so she could be anywhere there...though she did mention about an abandoned town. Not sure if that helps.

~Cerberus
Subject: RE: Update
Hi,

Well, there are three towns I know are deserted I can check so I'll look into them when I'm up that way (Still checking on that one lead towards Rook's location). Don't worry, I'll be nice to her...even though my hatred for that man is still strong, I'm not going to let it cloud my mind.

REDACTED
Subject: Hello

Hi,
Just wondering how you've been since we...last chatted (I still think you need to grow up and accept it). How are you holding up with the storm, if it's still raging?

~Cerberus
Subject: Please respond for your money i have for you

Hello, i am a prince of a small nation in Canda and i like to send you $4millon in USD cash. All you do send $500.00 to help with shipping and handing i will send you money. verY urgint
Subject: Good news!

DUDE! Bino made it out of the Netherworld WITH DUCHESS!!!
To: Anubis
Subject: RE: Good news!

Awesome! We'll be up to check up on them then!
Subject: RE: Hello

I'm fine. Storm's slowed down but still coming pretty hard. I found a plow here I might strap to the Humvee to use in case I decide to leave. As for Keene...made my choice and I ain't accepting anything from him unless if it's his blood on my blade and his head on my bike.

~Sasha
Subject: New friend

Another survivor came into the garage today from Babylon Gardens. Didn't tell me her name but said she left after, and I question this, her kits were revealed to be Celestials or something? Cause of that, she left to do some training or something in order to kill the one who made her think those were her kits? Yeah, something tells me she's been hanging with Delusional Steve a bit too much lately. Still though...wanting to kill a Celestial? That's pretty hardcore! What came across as odd was how she was when she was telling me this...she came across as she understood why it happened but she was still mad at the Celestial, er Kitsune I think she said, for doing this to her. Frankly, if she was telling the truth, I'd be mad as well. Then again, I wouldn't have left the place but I would've found a way to get to this Kitsune guy and off him myself.
Subject: Get Help

Your last emails were a cause of concern for me. I have never seen you this far from reality and your usual self. I REALLY think you need to get some serious mental and psychological help. ESPECIALLY after I looked at what else you did to your owner's body along with the cutting.
Subject: RE:Get Help

I would not be like this if life never gave me the bird and decided to mess me up every chance it got. It's a new world, Cerberus. You gotta adapt to survive and if that means the deaths of those who wronged you...then so be it. That's why I said Keene needs to die: He needs to pay for all the lives he took and ruined. I don't care if he went by Osiris or Wesker and I care if he did apologize, he has the blood of millions on his grubby paws and the only ounce of kindness he'll get is when he gets to The Netherworld.

~Sasha
Subject: RE:Get Help

You need some serious help. If this is all you are going to do...then don't email me anymore as I am tired of hearing how you want to kill Keene because you won't accept his apology (Which, need I mind you, he did and explained EVERYTHING).
Nathan Kerbonaut

I like this new style. We get to see Sasha's casual side. So far it's been exactly what I expect from her :P But she needs to chill out!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4: The Fuse Is Lit

Subject: I'm Sorry

Hello,
Cerberus told me you aren't accepting my apologies so I figure I'd try to email you myself (before you ask, Cerberus gave me your email) and say blunly: I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the zombie apocaplyse and what happened to everyone. If I'd known this was going to be the result of that agreement, I would've never agreed to it and would've told Seker off. But I didn't as I was still under the assumption that I can achieve equality between pets and humans. If I could turn back time and prevent that, believe me I would, but there's only now, tomorrow, and whatever the future holds for us. Please, I know I messed up badly and I KNOW what I did was wrong and I am ready to face any consquence my action had took...but all I ask is for you to accept my apology (Everyone else here did). Please?

~Keene
To: Keene
Subject: ERROR

YOUR MESSAGE WASN'T DELIVERED AS THE RECEIVER HAS BLOCKED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
Subject: Made Contact

I made contact with Sasha in the garage (snowstorm here has died down and she found a plow to use). Going to see if I can gain her trust before executing the plan. Hope your idea works.
Subject: RE: Made Contact

It has to. We need to bring her back here and have her face the music. She can not continue to live her life like this. Wait for the right moment then do it.
Subject: Food

Quick question before my date gets here: What's the name of that restaurant that Anubis took you to?
To: Rufus
Subject: RE: Food

Roscoe's Good Ole' Burgers and Shakes
[Subject has been removed due to language]

Seriously?! You gave that killer my email?! I didn't even bother opening it! I just out-right blocked his sorry hide! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!! THE ONLY TIME I'LL SEE HIM IS THROUGH A SCOPE!
Subject: RE:

First off: Watch your language when speaking to me, Sasha Hartford.
Second: You NEED to accept his apology. Both me and Anubis sensed it was from his heart and he really REALLY means it. Why can't you accept it?! You are seriously acting like a spoiled brat of a puppy then the adult you claim you are!
Subjet: RE:

SPOILED BRAT?! Look who's talking! As for that idiot, I rather him burn for the rest of eternity then get his stupid happy ending. Anyone who does something like this does NOT deserve any resemblance of happiness! At all! My owner, Keene, even Kevin! None of them should get their happy endings as all they ever done was hurt people and ruin lives...and it's my job to see that they never get it as the only ones who should get happiness are those who deserve it! No one else! The only ending they deserve is one spent in torment and pain, the same they inflicted on the world and those they love!
Subject: Do it

I know I told you to wait...but her last email leaves me now choice: Bring her back and bring her back ASAP.
Subject: RE: Do it

Yes, ma'am, though I'll have to wait as she wants to check out a nearby house. Once we do and come back here, I'll do it.

P.S Hope you're serious about that Terrance fellow and his offer
To: Kix
Subject: RE: Do it

I am.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 5: It's A Long Way Back Home

Subject: Seriously?

You're having Kix bring back Sasha? You DO know that she may just up and kill Keene?
To: Anubis
Subject: RE: Seriously?

I understand the risks but we need to get her help. As for her killing Keene, I told Kix to disarm her BEFORE she brings her over as a precaution.
Subject: Boop?
(Sorry, couldn't think of a good subject line)
Well, we checked the house she wanted to inspect and there was zombies there, along with a few survivors. Color me surprise when, after killing the zombies, she helped the family get all their belongings into their vehicle and told them of a safe town (like an ACTUAL Safe Town). Of course, when they left, she turned and told me "There's another reason I want to kill Keene: They just lost their home to the undead". As I'm typing this, she is in the shower here so, when's she out, I'll do the thing.
SASHA'S GEAR CHECK:
1x .50 Cal Sniper Rilfe
1x Mini-gun
50x .50 Cal Ammo
4x Blades
2x Revolvers (Smith & Wesson .357s)
500+ Rounds of Ammo for Mini-gun
1x 12g Shotgun
40x Shells
30x .357 Bullets
1x Humvee
1x Motorcycle
2 cases of Jack Daniels (For Molotov Cocktails)
1x Plow
5x Grenades
5x Pipe Bombs
Various Food and Drinks
-5 cans of Spam
-5 cans of Baked Beans
-5 cans of Peaches
-30 bottles of water
-20 cans of various soups (Chicken, Tomato, Cream Of Mushroom, etc)
1x Laptop + Cables
1x GoPro + Cables
Subject: Minor heads up

Storm passed and the plow's hooked up to the Humvee now so we'll probably leave soon and head back to Babylon Gardens. Don't worry, I will make sure she is unarmed when I put her in the vehicle.
Subject: Something's weird....
So that Kix girl? She's been looking at me weird lately. I dunno if she's infected or really is insane but, to tell the truth, she is weirding me out. I'm gonna give it another day but if she continues to be weird, I'm kicking her out of the garage. Tell the truth, she reminds me too much of that Tarot girl with how she's acting now. Oh, speaking of that, STOP giving Keeneihsoghggnsdgbdfghsdfughdnslg

Kix here. Sasha is knocked out. Bringing her home.
Subject: RE: Something's weird
Attachment: Directions To Daisy's Mansion

Good job. See you in Babylon Gardens. Text me when you are one hour from us. We'll be at Daisy's Mansion. Lets hope this works.

NEXT TIME...HousepetZ: Rise Of The Survivors: The Final Chapter
Nathan Kerbonaut

Gotta do what you gotta do. I hope the crew understands she's still dangerous without her weapons. :?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Gotta do what you gotta do. I hope the crew understands she's still dangerous without her weapons. :?
Well, remember, they haven't seen her since before Z-Day and the start of HousepetZ so, for all they know, she's still happy-go-lucky (The only ones who really know about how dangerous she is are Cerberus, Anubis, and now Kix. Keene has a general idea but that's it)
Nathan Kerbonaut

SeanWolf wrote:
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Gotta do what you gotta do. I hope the crew understands she's still dangerous without her weapons. :?
Well, remember, they haven't seen her since before Z-Day and the start of HousepetZ so, for all they know, she's still happy-go-lucky (The only ones who really know about how dangerous she is are Cerberus, Anubis, and now Kix. Keene has a general idea but that's it)
Good point. This will be interesting!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So, as I continue to work on Rise Of The Survivors: The Final Chapter Parts 1 and 2 (Which will be short but well worth it), I'd like to reveal a few behind the scenes/cut moments/arcs of this story :)

1. Before I chose to end it, there was three other arcs planned. They were Twilight Of The Survivors, Wings Of The Phoenix, and Bat Out Of Pandemonium II: Back Into Pandemonium (Which would've had Duchess going there for a rescue mission)

2. I originally was going to have it that Ralph supposedly died during the K9 Evacuation but removed it as I already did my character killings :P

3. Originally, Duchess wasn't going to be in the story but I thought it would be a interesting idea for Bino to rescue her...that and I had the singer Meat Loaf on the mind.

4. I was going to do a arc with Cerberus going to slay a creature Osiris/Keene made but I dropped it for pacing reasons

5. Originally, Rock Milton WAS going to be the villain for Twilight Of The Survivors. Now, like Lana and Pit, he's the only one not affected by Seker's brainwashing

6. The entire arc with Sasha has TONS and TONS of cut/altered dialogues and moments as it would've destroyed the PG-13 rating.

7. Speaking of Sasha, I never actually intended for her to be in HousepetZ but I then had an idea after, no joke, seeing my Mad Max: Fury Road poster

So yeah, fun lil' infos there! First chapter of Rise Of The Survivors: The Final Chapter Part 1 will be coming soon (Lil' hint...there's a moment you will NOT see coming ;) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooooh! Now I'm intrigued! I really want to see what this moment is that we never saw coming. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Rise Of The Survivors
Chapter 1: Dog Day Afternoon

"Vehicle coming in!" Max shouts from the balcony. It's been about four weeks since Bino escaped the Netherworld with Duchess in hand and the survivors were getting back into the swing of things since everyone was back together, with the said addition of Duchess who was learning how to survive and shoot while helping out any way she can from cooking to cleaning to even weapon maintenance, with the later she was surprisingly good at. While at first many of the them were worried about how she would be, they were pleasantly surprised to see how much she changed and how she was no longer her snobby self, though the biggest surprise was the revelation that she and Peanut did date and, as of that day, still did as they were seen together at every chance they got.
"What type?" Daisy shouted as she walked outside, to which Res responded "Humvee with one, no two occupants! A fox and...and..." his voice trailing off as he realized who the other occupant was. Daisy, confused, asked if there was anything wrong as the others walked out to greet the Humvee, to which Max responded, after a few seconds of quietness, "It's a fox and....Sasha..." As soon as everyone heard that name, they all were both happy and a bit confused. Happy as it was Sasha and they were all excited to see her again but confused as they were curious to where she's been all this time. They didn't have long to wait as the Humvee pulled into the mansion's parking lot and the female fox hopped out then walked over to the passenger side, opened the door, and brought out Sasha...who was in handcuffs.

"Handcuffs?" Terrance was confused, "Firstly, who are you and why is Sasha here in 'cuffs? If this is about the attempted murder on Keene then there's no need as she was cleared on all accounts."
"Let me explain" a voice replied, catching Terrance off guard. The voice belonged to Cerberus, who was wearing a Hawaiian shirt at the moment, who went on to explain "Firstly, this is Kix. She was the care-taker of two Celestials who were placed in mortal bodies by Great Kitsune...but because of Z-Day, the truth was revealed to her and yeah. Anyway, she was going to go and kill GK but I convinced her to help me instead to bring Sasha back here." A look of confusion crossed everyone's face as Cerberus said that, leading to Bino asking why she wanted to bring Sasha back. Cerberus, with a heavy heart, said "Well...there's no easy way to say this: She killed her owner and lft Babylon Gardens. When Z-Day happened and she saw who was the culprit, she went after Keene's brothers Duke and Simon and...viciously killed them." The survivors stood there in shock and horror while Sasha, head hung low, just stood in silence while a small smirk formed on her face.
"So why bring her back?" Peanut asked Cerberus who answers "For two reasons. One to get her some help and two...two to accept Keene's apology face to face." Sasha's ears perked up when she heard the name of Keene mentioned, for she had a feeling that he was here and this was her chance to finally kill him. Then if things couldn't be more perfect for her, out walks Keene and he was heading towards her. As soon as he got a few feet away from her and making sure Kix had a good grip on her just in case she were try anything, Keene took a deep breath and repeated what he said in his email to her:
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the zombie apocalypse and what happened to everyone. If I'd known this was going to be the result of that agreement, I would've never agreed to it and would've told Seker off. But I didn't as I was still under the assumption that I can achieve equality between pets and humans. If I could turn back time and prevent that, believe me I would, but there's only now, tomorrow, and whatever the future holds for us. Please, I know I messed up badly and I KNOW what I did was wrong and I am ready to face any consequence my action had took...but all I ask is for you to accept my apology (Everyone else here did). Please?" Everyone then waited with baited breath, each one hoping she would accept it and they could all just move on. As Sasha stood there, her low hanging head slowly rose to look Keene dead in the eye, which gave many, including Cerberus, a glimmer of hope that she is accepting it.
"Sasha?" Keene then asked...but before he could say anything else, all heck broke loose as Sasha suddenly shouldered Kix in her gut and grabbed her gun and...
*BANG*
Everyone stared in shock as Keene dropped to the floor, holding his side as he bled, gasping in pain. As both Daisy, Res, and Zach ran over to Keene, Cerberus looked over and just stared in shock and anger and angrily asked Sasha "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" to which Sasha replied while lowering the gun, "Eye for an eye...tooth for a tooth...it was something I should've done years ago" Terrance, in anger, shouts to Bino to check on Kix and Itsuki to disarm Sasha and take her inside as they'll deal with her later. As Itsuki walked her inside, she stops and turns to face everyone and coldly remarks with a smile "I regret nothing."
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan Kerbonaut

That's not nice, Sasha :shock: can I get an F in the chat
Last edited by Nathan Kerbonaut on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This was the first chapter that I read with my mouth hanging open in shock after Cerberus took Sasha over to see Keene. That was very cool and I like how quick everything went down! No redemption for Sasha now. Great job!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 2: A Soul As Cold As Ice

"Is she locked up in the room?" Terrance asks when he sees Itsuki walking in the room who answers "Yes and I have both Mungo watching over the door and Bruce watching her so she won't be able to escape."
"I can't believe she would do that" Kevin states, "I mean, I knew her for years and I NEVER took her as the violent type!" Most of the survivors agreed with him with Bino adding "She was always one of the nicest pets I knew, second only to Peanut, so her shooting Keene out of nowhere is, well, a major cause for concern."
"Speaking of which, how is Keene doing?" Grape asks Bino when Dragon walks in and replies "He's stable. Thankfully the round didn't go through him so it was easy to clean and stitch him up. I say 'thankfully' as, if the round did enter where it was aimed, which was right near the liver, then he would've died on the spot." Grape nodded as Terrance goes on to ask "And Kix?" to which Dragon replies that she's a bit out of it but she'll be fine in an hour as she did take a pretty good hit to the head. With that being said, Terrance looks to Cerberus and asks "You were in touch with her, no?"
"Yes?" Cerberus answers which was followed by Terrance asking "Did she ever tell you anything? Like why she's..."
"Loco?" Cerberus quips, causing a small chuckle to come out of Terrance who said "Well, I was going to say Disturbed but loco seems nicer." Cerberus sighs and shakes her head. Kevin, meanwhile, raises a finger and adds "Say, before Z-Day, didn't we find a note from her on her owner's body? You think killing him had anything to do with her state?"
"Probably..." Terrance replies as he too was remembering seeing the note when they were called to investigate The Hartford Residence as someone said they didn't see anyone leaving or entering for a week and there was a weird smell coming from the house, which is where they would end up finding the body of Sasha's owner, who was duct-taped to the chair and was sporting a slit throat. Looking at Kevin, Max asks if she was acting odd during their last date and Kevin, thinking for a bit, replies "None more then usual, to be fair. Though she didn't really react when I broke up..."
"Wait, hold the phone," Tarot interrupts, "You broke up with Sasha? Why?"
"She kept being on my mind. Not a bad thing but it was bad when I was trying to get work done. In fact, it got so bad that I ended up ruining a report I was doing as it was filled with nothing but how I loved Sasha. So...I figured it'd be best to break up with her and just wait until I'm mentally ready for a girlfriend." Tarot nodded, while finding his reasoning a bit odd, as Kevin explained why he ended his relationship with Sasha, "But if that's the reason why she's like this, then it shows she is more unstable then first thought."
"You may be right," Daisy replies "I have heard of girls snapping when someone breaks up with them. In any case, we should keep an extra close eye on her at all cost, sans Kevin as I don't want her to snap and kill him. Bruce is watching her now so in thirty minutes Terrance, I want you to relieve Bruce and watch her for about an hour to two. If you need to break, call one of us, but not Kevin, and we'll take over for how ever long you need your break. Once your shift is up, call anyone you want, again not Kevin, and we'll continue until either she reveals why she's like this or something else happens. OK?" Everyone nodded and went back to their daily duties while Terrance headed upstairs to prepare to relieve Bruce.

As the day turned to night and Deadeye and Jata returned from another day of scavenging, the rest were still trying to figure out what was up with Sasha and why she took a shot at Keene with the intent of killing him. Those who kept an eye on her even tried to chat with her and see if she would talk but all she would do is just stay silent and mute. Even the three Celestials, Dragon, Cerberus, and Anubis, tried chatting but nothing came of it, other then a slight cough from her. It was almost as if she shut herself off completely from the world and everyone in it and now only exists in her own world created by her own psyche. To tell the truth, the only one who managed to get any form of a sentence out of Sasha was Joey who only got her to answer the question about if she wanted anything to eat or drink, which in this case she simply said water. It wasn't much but, hey, they were happy they got something out of her, even if it was just a drink order. As Terrance, Grape, and Bruce headed out for a supply run, it was time for Kevin to replace Peanut and to keep an eye on Sasha for now. As he reached the door, Kevin stood there and took a few deep breaths while also checking to make sure he had a full magazine in his pistol. He didn't want to use it nor did he hope a situation would call for him to draw it, but he rather be prepared for anything then not prepared for anything. With one more deep breath, he mumbles "Time to enter the lair of Smaug" then enters the room where Sasha is held. The room was standard and was claimed by Joey, who volunteered earlier to have his room used as a temporary jail cell for Sasha, who was just sitting on the bed, still in the handcuffs Kix placed her in, just looking out the nearby window overlooking the land. As Kevin entered, Sasha's eyes turned to see who entered and when her eyes caught the sight of the one she swore off all those years ago, a small audible growl soon exited from her lips, making Kevin squirm just a bit.
"Hello, Sasha" he said while leaning himself against the nearby wall, "It's been a while" but alas Sasha said nothing and continued to look out the window, leading Kevin to emit an awkward style of a cough and said "We all wondered what happened to you after the death of your owner." Again, Sasha was quieter then ever before, with the only sound being that of her breathing and a faint growling. Kevin, feeling the uncomfortable nature of the room, decided to try to lighten the mood by commenting on the room, "Nice room. Reminds me of my old room when I was a pup. Though I had a few posters up like a Jethro Tull Thick As A Brick poster..." but it didn't really do much to bring light to the already dark room, leading to the song of silence to be played for a bit.
"You're a piece of work, you know that?" Kevin jumped a bit as Sasha spoke out of the blue, "You meant the world to me and we were the perfect couple, you and I." She then turned her head and looked Kevin in his eyes, " I loved you...didn't that mean anything? No...of course not. You only cared about those flea-bagged dogs of the K9's." Kevin's face then turned to that of slight anger as he responds with "Those 'flea-bagged dogs' are the reason why citizens like you are still alive. We look out for everyone, we..."
"Look out for everyone" Sasha mocks, "Let me tell you the only think you guys are protecting now is jack-crap and jack left town years ago. So, to me, you ain't protecting crap." Though before Kevin could answer, Sasha adds "Answer me this, oh protector of the innocent: Where were you when I was being abused by my owner? Where were you when I was nearly choked to death by his hands? When I was threatened to be shot and skinned alive by him? Huh?! I'll tell you where: You were too busy licking the boots and having your palms greased and your backs scratched by that turd weasel family!" While he felt the anger rising in him, Kevin tried his best to stay calm and collective in this situation so, instead of is planned reply, he opted to say "Look, the reason we paid extra attention to him was because of his millionaire status and he did tend to do some questionable things with the money he had. But our focus was still on the public, which included you!" During his quip, however, Sasha was rolling her eyes, which didn't get his attention as much as what she did next which was a rather vulgar gesture she did with her one paw, a gesture most commonly seen during rush hour, which at that point he just snapped and shouted "OK LOOK! I don't know what the heck happened to you that day NOR do I know what you did where ever you were...but you are in a house that houses some of the K9's best members, with one standing outside this room and one standing right here with you! Now you can either grow up and stop being a selfish idiot or..."
"Or what?" Sasha shouted back, now completely facing him with a glare that could strike fear in the heart of a dragon, "You'll lock me up and throw away the key? Pretty sure that won't work as your K9 buddies are probably resting in a zombie dung pile right now!" At that point, Kevin felt his paw gripping for his gun as he was beginning to have the urge to just drop her right there and right now, but he knew that would cause nothing but more problems. So instead, he opted to just turn and leave the room, as his shift was up and it was Mungo's turn to take over. As he left, though, Sasha shouted "Come on, Kevin. You know deep down you still love me." Kevin then just stopped at the door and stood there for a few seconds before turning his head so he was able to see Sasha. And what he said to her not only hit her right in the heart, it did so with the force of a sledgehammer. The last words Sasha would hear from Kevin that day before he left the room were "The Sasha I knew and loved died. What I see before me claiming to be Sasha and claiming to love me is nothing more then a desperate dog who wants nothing more then a bed buddy." He then turns completely around to fully face her to add "Consider yourself under house arrest for the time being. Once a cure is found, you will be tried for the attempted murder of one Keene Milton, the murder of your owner, and the attempted bribery of an officer of the law. Hope you have a good day, ma'am." With that, he leaves and Mungo enters the room as Sasha sat there on the bed in silence. A mixture of feelings rushing through her body at this very moment and none of them knew which one would be the one that Sasha goes for.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you are saying that Sasha is like this partly because Kevin dumped her? If that is the case, she might have a screw loose.

Thank God in canon Kevin seems to be an attentive and caring boyfriend (though I still want Fox/Sasha dang it!)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sasha has promoted to mega yikes status.
One question, Sasha keeps bringing up how the K9s didn't protect her from her owner, but did the K9s even know what her owner was doing? If they suspected it then yeah that's bad they didn't do anything about it, but if they didn't, then it should be clarified to her.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Sasha has promoted to mega yikes status.
One question, Sasha keeps bringing up how the K9s didn't protect her from her owner, but did the K9s even know what her owner was doing? If they suspected it then yeah that's bad they didn't do anything about it, but if they didn't, then it should be clarified to her.
If we go by the comics, then they didn't as she never really mentioned it at all. The reason for her saying that in this story is she thinks she is the right and everyone else is in the wrong cause they never suffered the things she did.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

One minor change: Rise Of The Survivors won't be a two-parter as...well that's kind of stupid :) So this will be the OFFICIAL last arc of HousepetZ and, NO, before anyone asks...I am not doing HousepetZ 2 or any follow-up as I want to focus on lighter stories and more fun ones (Including one based on Peanut's adventures).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 3: The Ghosts Of The Pasts Are Coming Back To Haunt You

It was early in the afternoon in Babylon Gardens as Grape, Max, Zach, Kevin, and Bino were checking into one of the nearby shops for anything they could scavenge, which show far was not much other then some extra ammo and some spare tires. The day was so far uneventful for them but that would all change in a heartbeat when, like in the one convenience store...*clang*...this time it was Max who accidentally knocks over a can, alerting their presence to not one, not two, but five zombies who were busy feasting on a unlucky survivor.
"Ah, crap" Bino muttered while taking aim with his rifle, "Zach! Mind helping me take these freaks out while Grape strangles Max for making noise?" Zach chuckled before nodding while Max looked at Bino then at Grape who just simply gave a cheeky smile along with an innocent look, cause Max to say "Don't even think about it, Grape" and Grape just simply twiddled her thumbs while Zach and Bino took out the last approaching zombie.
"OK, we're cleared" Zach states, "Lets get moving" As the five continued on their way through what was once their home, Max looked over towards Kevin and asked him how things went between him and Sasha. Kevin, who had chosen to forget her completely, just looked over to him and stated "She'll be facing jail time when this whole ordeal is over for her crimes" which Max nodded then asked, as it was on his mind, "So you think she's like this cause...you broke up with her?"
"No" Kevin replied as he rummaged through a nearby car, "Because of her actions, I think her current mood has been building since long before I broke up with her, which I think was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. Now I have a feeling her change in personality was because of her abusive home-life with her owner, but unless she tells us outright, then it's all just a theory." Again, Max nodded but he still couldn't understand why Sasha, who was always such a sweetheart, would suddenly become colder then ice. He didn't have long to think on that subject any further as mysterious noise catches his attention suddenly. Looking about to see if there were any clues or hints as to what made the noise but not finding any, he ignored it until the noise occurred again, though this time he was able to determine it was a flapping noise. But what bird could have wings that big to make that loud a flap? Looking towards the other four, he asks if they heard anything just now and, not surprisingly, they all shook their heads until Grape said "Actually, I just heard something right now myself..." then Bino said the same, followed by Zach and, lastly, Kevin. Quickly scanning the area, they didn't see anything at first until Bino eyes focused on the sky above and what he saw made them go as wider then ever. For what he saw was a flying creature but it wasn't a bird as this one had not only legs, but arms and a tail...and red feathers...and it was dive-bombing towards them...
"INCOMING!" Bino shouts and everyone quickly jumped away as the creature landed before them where they once stood. Standing 7ft tall and with feathers like fire and wings like a dragon, this creature looked over the survivors before spotting Bino, who held his rifle towards him.

"Hello, Bino" the creature stated with a smile, "Remember me? Cause I remember you...you shot me in the head..." Bino, feeling a bit cheeky, replied "You have to be more specific then that. I shot a lot of creatures in the head these past few months." The creature chuckled before his feathers went from that of fire to that of the ocean as it said "How about now?" and the only thing Bino could do was just stare in awe and respond "No way...How the heck did you..."
"The Song Of The Forgotten" Pete The Phoenix replied, "A very good friend..."
"Oh yeah, your bro" Bino suddenly interrupted, "Yeah he's dead. Killed him." When Bino said that, it was like time stopped for Pete. Someone ACTUALLY killed The Forgotten aka his brother? That someone being a dog named Bino?! How could this be? Looking towards Bino, who rejoined the other four and all were ready to fire their guns, Pete face showed a mixture of feelings as he said "So...you're the one who went there and carved a path of blood and violence to rescue the woman you love? Commendable. But foolish. You remind me of King and his 'love' for that creature...'tis a pity I can't do anything to them as...boy the fun I would have reversing their happy ending...ending their marriage...maybe sending King to the Netherworld..."
"Still upset you never got your happy ending, huh?" Bino retorted back as he approached Pete, "Maybe you would've gotten one if your ego was deader then your brother! But NOOO...you cared more about yourself and less about the ones you use, even if that meant the death of Bailey. You wouldn't give one blink of an eye...you would've just moved on to another poor mortal." As Bino spoke, Pete stood there listening while waiting for him to get closer as he had an idea and it all resided on Bino coming to him. As soon as he got to where he needed him, Bino suddenly stopped talking as his rifle fell from his hands and he just stood there steadfast.
"Bino..what's wrong?" Grape ask before gasping as Bino slowly turned around to reveal: His eyes were know glowing yellow.
"You're right, Bino" Pete remarked, his eyes too glowing yellow, "I do use avatars for my own personal gain and you? You are going to be perfect for what I have in store for this pitiful world. Now then, do me a favor: Draw your pistol...and aim it at your ex-friends." The hypnotized Bino then reached over for his pistol, drew it, and pointed it towards the group, each one trying to get Bino to snap out of it but to no avail. Pete just laughs at their foolish attempts while walking over and placing a clawed hand on Bino's shoulder, "I just love how you mortals try to meddle in our affairs. All of this could've been avoided if you just let me and my idiot of a sister play our game. But no, you were more concerned with ending our game and moving on with your lives. Well, that ends here. Bino, my child: Kill them and take your place as my White Avenger...." But nothing happened as Bino continued to stand there with the gun pointing towards the crew, leading to some confusion from Pete, "Uh, Bino? You awake in there? I said to Kill them." Again, nothing happened though a voice did suddenly speak up and say "Yeah, about that, Petey" cause Pete to look about wondering where it came from before slowly turning to Bino and watching as Bino turned to face him sans yellow eyes...but instead blood red eyes. Looking straight at Pete, Bino growls "You forgot about the Beast" and, in an matter of seconds, Bino's Beast retook control of Bino and had him swing the gun around and take a shot at Pete, scratching his face, causing Pete to reel back in pain and his arm swinging up and severely scratching Bino on his face and left eye. As Bino laid on the ground holding his face in pain, his beast and Pete no longer in control of him, Pete suddenly roars and growls "You stupid mutt! I was going to give you everything! You could've been LEGENDARY among these...these...scums of this Earth!"
"Face it, Pete" Max stated, who had encountered him when Bino first killed him, "We mortals are just too smart for you."
"That may be" Pete said, his face still bleeding, as he walked towards them, "But I'm still a Celestial...and I still need an Avatar for my plan and since Bino's being an idiot, guess she'll have to do!" Max raised an eyebrow before gasping as he watched Pete grab Grape and take to the air, Grape writhing in his claws. Looking down, he proclaims "You all have 72 hours to meet me at the place where this all began to rescue your kitten here. If you don't...then Grape will be forever my White Avenger and she will help me achieve my ending...starting with the deaths of EVERYONE in Babylon Gardens!" With the warning given, Pete, with Grape still in his clutches, flys off to his destination as Max, helpless to do anything, screams out Grapes name as the others tend to Bino. Panting and tears running down his face, Max turns to the remaining three and, with hatred in his voice, tells them "Bring the truck around, Zach, and take us home. I have a Celestial to talk to..."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do like how this chapter has been put together and nice to see Pete again!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Oh no, the jerk's back :roll: Great chapter :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4: The Countdown Begins...

"Keep that rag tight on him!" Terrance shouts as Kevin held the rag on Bino's face where Pete scratched him earlier, "Zach! How long 'till we get back home?"
"5 minutes!" Zach shouts as he gunned the engine hard, mowing down any zombie that stepped in the trucks path, leading Terrance to shout "I think Bino'll have 3 minutes TOPS! GUN IT!" before turning to Max, who was still fuming over Grape, and telling him to "Call Daisy and tell her to get bed ready and meet us outside...we're coming hot with wounded!" Even though his eyes still burned with rage, Max acquiesced and called Daisy, repeating what Terrance said and, while Daisy was a bit confused, she told him she'll have one ready by the time they got there, which was no less then two minutes later as the truck came barreling in like a tank through a wall. Skidding to a stop, Terrance and Kevin jumped out of the truck, Kevin holding Bino and the rag over his eye, and rushed inside to the bed while Zach explained to Daisy and Tarot what happened. Sabrina, meanwhile, took notice to Max, who was standing outside the truck not moving an inch, and walked over to him asking "Where' Grape?" to which, with tear stained eyes, he looks up and tells her bluntly "Pete got her...and I'm going to get her back."
"What do you mean 'Pete got her'? Pete's dead, Max." Sabrina tries to remind him but Max reveals that "Somehow...Pete came back to life...and he'll kill everyone unless we send someone to rescue Grape...and fight him." Sabrina was confused at first until Max brought up about someone needing to fight Pete and a look of true horror crossed her face, "He restarted the game..." Sabrina uttered, "He wants true control so...Max, did he say ANYTHING else?" Max thought for a bit then replied "He said...he said if we don't send someone...he'll make Grape the White Avenger for all eternity."
"He's calling a rematch" Tarot, who was listening in, chimes, "He still thinks he's owed a victory."
"Well if it's a rematch he wants then it's a rematch he'll get!" Max shouts as he storms past the two, "Where's the Celestials...I need a weapon, preferablly something that can wipe that smug bird off the face of the planet for good." Sabrina and Tarot looked at each other, both with exasperated and confused looks, before chasing after Max, each one shouting at him but no matter what they shouted, it went in Max's one ear and out the other. For nothing was going to stop him from his mission to save Grape even if it meant....

"No."
"N...No?!" Max sputtered as Anubis bluntly answers his request, all the while fixing a sandwich for himself, "What do you mean?! You're a Celestial! I WANT TO BE YOUR AVATAR TO KICK PETE IN THE..."
"First off...I already have an Avatar" Anubis interrupts, thankfully before Max could say anything he would regret, "And before you ask No, I will not send Peanut to fight Pete. I'm technically not even allowed to have an Avatar due to my banishment but...you already know. Now, second, even if I could have an Avatar, I couldn't choose you as you're not an option." Max, even more flustered then ever, shouts "And why the heck not?!"
"Because I don't like hurting people at all. Zombies are the exception as they aren't living any more, but that's not the point. I took a vow of peace and pacifism and I will not hurt anyone anymore." Anubis explained before taking a bite of his snack, making Max even more madder then before, leading him to turn to Dragon to ask her, who shakes her head and said "Sorry, but I can't play either. Ever since the last game, I just had a change of heart and I no longer want to play nor do I want to put anyone's lives in danger any more....sorry."
"I don't believe this..." Max sputtered and yelled, the tears forming again, "You are CELESTIALS! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING US MORTALS! AND YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU WON'T DO JACK!?"
"Max, calm down please" Tarot asked but Max was having none of it as he stormed off and collapsed onto the couch and just bawled, his feelings for Grape at the forefront of it all, "I promised from the day I met her that I would give my life to make sure she is safe. I screwed it up badly....I let her down...I let myself down..."
"Come on...we still got 65 hours right?" Sabrina said as she sat down beside him, "We can think of something." before pulling him close for a hug and sighing. She wanted to believe what she said but she knew what Pete was capable of and even she wasn't sure if they could rescue Grape. Everyone in the room stood in silence as the only noise was the soft sounds of Max weeping until the silence was broken by, of all people, Bino, who was now sporting an eye patch over his now-scratched eye. As he walked into the room, he managed to overhear everything, he asks "What about Zodd?"
"What about me?" Everyone turned around and were shocked to see, coming out of Daisy's kitchen, was indeed Zodd, who had came down to visit them, sans Rufus who was still on his date, but was busy eating a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice-cream, "I hope you don't mind, Daisy. I just had a hankering for this." Daisy told him to help himself while Dragon stood there dumbfounded before asking "When did you escape the Netherworld?"
"Mh? Oh, I left right before Bino here did," Zodd said while continuing to eat the ice cream, "Now what is it that you may need me for?"
"Pete kidnapped Grape and is threatening to use her as the White Avenger to kill everyone in Babylon Gardens unless we send someone to fight." Kevin explained to Zodd who in turn replies "And you need me to choose an Avatar...sorry to say this but I can't...mainly cause I never play U&U or Life Of The Avatar." Anubis was shocked "What do you mean?"
"Well...I was actually more into a different game: Gardening." Both Anubis and Dragon,a long with Cerberus who was watching some TV with Joey, let out a simple and flat "what." at Zodd's answer, "Yeah...I was more into a game called 'Gardening With Avatars' where a Celestial would go down to the mortal plane and just garden with a mortal. Nothing really exciting..but man was it fun to do."
"So you're telling me...we're out of luck?" Terrance ask to which Zodd just shrugs and admits that they might as well be...that is until someone else came in.

"Hey guys?" Zach asked, "I was doing some research into what that Pete guy said and that place where it all began? It's Keene's mans..."
"Uh, who are you?" Zodd asked, interrupting Zach, who replies, "Oh, I'm Zach. I'm..."
"A rabbit?" Zodd interrupts again which Zach just nods after giving a confusing look. Suddenly a smile crossed Zodd's face then a shout of joy as he snatches Zach right up and gives him the biggest bear hug out there that anyone ever seen nor felt before.
"URK!" Zach gasped as he felt Zodd's arms wrapped around him while Anubis just stood there dumbfounded while Dragon asks what Zodd was so happy about.
"Sorry...but what you all are looking at right now? Is the only one who can take on a Celestial without being an avatar." Everyone was quiet as they didn't understand what Zodd meant, so he went on to explain, "Do you know why there are so many Rabbits out there and how they are able to survive for so long? It's because they have something no one, not even us Celestials, have: Infinite Mana. Thanks to that, they can not only take out any Avatar...but they can wound or outright destroy a Celestial, which is why we are forbidden to use them in any Celestial Game."
"I'm still lost" Dragon quips which Zodd replies "To put it simply: All species of rabbits are Mini-Celestials." As soon as Zodd said that, the room gasped in shock. Zach...is a Celestial? Even Zach was stunned as he asked "Is that why my foot glows and I was able to open that Temple?"
"Yes," Zodd replies "That button you pressed? It was invisible to everyone EXCEPT us and you as it was protected by Celestial Powers." This actually made Zach a bit happy as his nickname of 'Opener Of Ways' made sense to him now, though he still wished people wouldn't call him that. But, with his newfound confidence and the fact he has infinite mana in him, the first thing he does, with a smile on his face, is snap his fingers. As he does, light surrounds him and, after a few seconds, dissipates to show Zach standing there, dressed in a outfit similar to that of one Doctor Strange.
"Survivors...and Celestials..." Zach then said as he admires his new look and does a few hand tricks, "Let's go ground this feather freak."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 5: The Road To Victory

Day turned to evening as select members of the survivors were prepping to investigate the temple where Keene first came across Seker in hopes of finding the cure for this entire epidemic while Zach practiced with his newfound powers a bit, testing every combination and attack he could think of as he needed every move in his arsenal if he was to defeat Pete and rescue Grape. Though in his mind, even he wasn't sure he would succeed as this would be the first time he would do any sort of major combat, let alone anything without the help of someone so there was alot riding on his shoulders.
"How are you feeling?" a voice asks, startling Zach a bit as he looks about to find the voice belonging to Zodd, who was watching him train for a bit. After calming down from the jump, Zach shrugged and responded "I'll be honest....bit nervous." Zodd chuckled and assured him he didn't have to be nervous as, either way, he will win as Pete can not best him, even if he cheats.
"True, but what if I screw up? Say use a spell that kills Grape or do a spell that...I dunno, powers up Pete to have phenomenal cosmic powers sans the tiny living space?" Zach inquired cause Zodd to sigh, walk over to him, and place a reassuring hand on his shoulder and say "You'll be fine as I'm actually going to be helping you." Zach ears perked up as Zodd told him that, though he also had a look of confusion as he thought Zodd never did this stuff, which is what he asked him to which Zodd replies "It's true...but I have done something else: I lived in the Netherworld for close to a century before Bino got me out via breaking a curse I had on me. But as I lived there, I was able to expand on my own powers and up my mana so I can give you a little boost during the fight. Besides, I kinda want a crack at Pete myself. The feathered freak lied to me on multiple occasions and got a mortal I was friends with and helped with Gardening killed while they were his Avatar so...yeah, I want to kill him myself." Zach just chuckled and agreed to let him help out and, for the rest of the day, Zodd trained him to use his powers more fluently and carefully while also showing him how to dodge certain attacks Pete always uses.

Meanwhile, inside of Daisy's Mansion, the survivors were busy prepping weapons and any supplies they'll need for the battle ahead along with discussing their battle plan. Their plan was to have Daisy, Max, Bruce, Roosevelt, Joey, Duchess, Itsuki, Lana, Jata, and Deadeye stay behind and protect the mansion (with Max being selected as they didn't want him to do anything to jeopardize their goal) while Peanut, Bino, Terrance, Kevin, Tarot, and Sabrina would head into the temple to locate the cure, with Tarot and Sabrina being given a mana boost by Anubis to help with their spell-casting. Bino, Terrance, and Kevin, on the other hand, grabbed any weapons they required along with extra ammo while Peanut shifted back into his Avatar form, that of Satau, and grabbed the Celestial Shotgun that Bino used.
"Think you'll be OK, Bino?" Kevin asked causing Bino to look at him with his one good eye and, with a smirk, onehandedly pumps the shotgun he chose and quips "I may only have one eye now...but I can still kick plenty of zombie rear" followed by his beast voice adding "And I'll help too...I may be bloodthirsty but even I despise seeing mortals used against their will" which made Kevin chuckle a bit before loading his M16 and heading out to the truck. It was now night time and there was only 35 hours remaining before Pete executed his plan, meaning the crew had no time to waste, something that Terrance knew wholeheartedly as he jumped onto the hood of the truck to give a quick speech to everyone: "Now I know we don't got much time so I'll make this brief as possible: We all been through alot these past few years. We lost many friends and our homes...but we gained so much more. Today, we are going to end this threat once and for all! It's time to finish the fight! Who's ready!" As if on cue, all the survivors roared in agreement and the ones chosen hopped onto the truck and drove off to the temple while Zach and Zodd headed towards the destroyed mansion where Pete was waiting for them: The final battle was about to begin...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can't wait to see what will happen in the final battle! I love how this whole story has came out! I hope to see a lot more good stories coming from you in the future!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Can't wait to see what will happen in the final battle! I love how this whole story has came out! I hope to see a lot more good stories coming from you in the future!
Thanks :) You already saw the other two tales I'm working on but I got plenty more I want to do :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 6: Universes & Unrealities...Rematch

"Ah, you arrived...with only ten hours remaining. Pity, I was all set and ready to execute my plan" Pete remarked while Zach approached the area where Keene's mansion once stood, looking about to get a feel for his surroundings, "Though color me surprise that they send a bunny to face me...wearing something that would make Elton John proud." Zach, with his new found confidence, nary moved a inch from Pete's squabbles and only simply chuckle and remark "Well, look who's talking Moltres. Gotta say, you really do look like a Pokemon now. Pity I left my Master balls at home or this fight would've been over much quicker then you intended." Pete just gave a chuckle and a shaking of the head, "Ah, Zach. Always trying to prove yourself but always failing. Surprised that trash eater loved you." He then snaps his claw and a figure comes floating in. One that Zach recognized as Grape.
"Don't worry, she's not my Avatar...yet." Pete explains while standing up from his perch and walking towards Zach, one claw behind his back, "See, my plan is to defeat whoever those survivors send my way then I do what I threatened. Thankfully, you arrived and...well...gotta say" before raising a now sharpened claw high above Zach's head, "Smoked Rabbit sounds SOOO good right now!" Then, as if on cue, Pete swipes his claw down fast and hard with the intention of slicing poor Zach in two. There was only one problem, as Pete was soon to realize: "Where'd you go?" Indeed, Zach had vanished from the field.

"You have to love us rabbits," A voice suddenly answers, causing Pete to frantically look about, "We are REAL good at disappearing!" Suddenly, something hits Pete right in the back, knocking him to the ground with a grunt, causing him to turn around to see where the shot came from and what he saw could only get him to scoff as, floating above the ground, cape fluttering in the breeze, was Zach, along with two glowing circles surrounding his paws...and a look that could only be described as angry.
"So you can fly, big deal..." Pete scoffed as he too took to the air, "So can I" This only made Zach chuckle before quipping while some symbols appear on said circles "But, alas, Icarus knew not to fly too close to the sun for as he did, his wings began to melt and burn in the eyes of the light" Then, with a snap of his finger, Pete's wings suddenly vanished, causing him to drop back down to the ground with a thud and a groan.
"Wise guy, huh?" Pete growled before summoning fire in his one hand and chucking it at Zach, who turns it into a harmless ball of feathers, giving Pete a slight smirk before watching Zach do some more hand motions which causes some of the burnt pieces of the destroyed mansion to float up and become like spikes. Then, with a flick of his wrist, he launches them towards Pete, who does his best to dodge them but gets hit by a few of them, with one stabbing him in the arm, which causes him to grunt in pain as Zach floats back down to the ground.
"Lucky shot, that was." Pete growled as he pulled the wood out of his arm and chucked it to the ground. Zach just smiled and remarked "If one doesn't understand the power they are given, then one shouldn't have it." But Pete just scoffed and remarked "Please, you're beginning to sound like that idiot Kitsune and my dumb broad of a sister." before swinging a claw at him again, this time connecting with Zach, but only managing to rip his cloak a bit, "Trust me, with this power and Grape by my side. not even Bahumat himself can stop me." Pete takes another swing at Zach, who quickly dodges, but Pete was faster as he summons another fireball and sets a good bit of Zach's cloak on fire. Walking back, Zach smells the smoke but brushes it off and wags his finger at Pete, who growls and lunges at him, all claws extended. Zach quickly takes to the air again and, with a series of hand movements, splits himself into multiples of himself, each one exactly like the other and all saying "Kill one, another takes it place. Kill the source and end your worries." This made Pete even more mad as he began to fruitlessly and pointlessly attack every clone of Zach in the vain hope of finding the real one.
"COME ON!" he roared after slashing another one, "SHOW YOURSELF! YOUR REAL SELF!"
"I already have" Pete spun around as each 'Zach' vanished as the real Zach floats on by him, with Grape in his arms.
"You can't win that easily, rabbit" Pete again growled, his claws now sharper then ever and engulfed in flames, "I'm going to light you on fire then Grape then the rest of your so-called buddies...then I'm gonna..."

"You are going to do squat" a voice suddenly interrupts Pete, who in turn looks about and shouts for the whoever said to show themselves. Which they did as, on Zach's left appeared Zodd...followed by Spirit Dragon appearing on his left. While on his right appeared Anubis, who whispers to Zach "Wasn't planning on coming but..someone changed my mind", and that person was none other then Bahumat who appeared on his right. All Pete could do was look upon five in sheer horror and mutter words most would find unprintable or unrepeatable.
"You were entrusted with being a Celestial" Zodd spoke first...
"But you let your ego decide your future" followed by Anubis...
"You've gotten innocent people killed" followed by Spirit Dragon...
"You almost ruined the lives of that of King and Bailey" followed by Bahumat...
"And now...your time...is up...for good" and ending with Zach, followed by the the five lifting their selected weapon towards Pete. Zodd raised his sword, Dragon raised his fist, Anubis raised him revolver, Bahumat raised a spear, and Zach raising both of his fists, now embraced by the same symbols as before. All Pete could do was look upon them in horror while attempting to plead for his life, but Bahumat only had one answer: "You had your shots at forgiveness. Not any more." Then, with the power within them, the five unleashed the full might of the mana within, channeled it through to their weapons, and unleashed a devastating beam that enveloped Pete who screamed bloody murder as he felt not only his body being destroyed, but his very soul and essence as well.
"Farewell, Pete" Zach growled as he gave one final blast, sending it down range towards Pete, who could only roar as it hits him in a huge fireball...then nothing. As the fire died down, Grape woke up from her previous state and observed the massive dust cloud and watched as five figures appeared...and breathed a sigh of relief as Zach, Anubis, Dragon, Zodd, and Bahumat walked out. Pete, who was once a Gryphon, then a chimera, and lastly a Phoenix, was no more then a memory of their lives...They had won...but what of the others?
Nathan Kerbonaut

I missed three chapters?! You're moving quickly! These were really fun and intense to read :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Was gone traveling last week, so twas a real delight to return and discover your new weavings, Sean. The letters format was really clever, vivid and punchy. The action sequences are even better in style, more focused, less over-wrought, and still laced with humor. Sorry to see this thread close but if it's done what you intended, I think that's appropriate. You do know, though, closed threads seem to become forgotten (rather than The Forgotten) over time. These, though, May NOT.

Oh and yeah, I was bemused how you really did a "tango in the PG-13 minefield". Part of the fun, eh?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Was gone traveling last week, so twas a real delight to return and discover your new weavings, Sean. The letters format was really clever, vivid and punchy. The action sequences are even better in style, more focused, less over-wrought, and still laced with humor. Sorry to see this thread close but if it's done what you intended, I think that's appropriate. You do know, though, closed threads seem to become forgotten (rather than The Forgotten) over time. These, though, May NOT.

Oh and yeah, I was bemused how you really did a "tango in the PG-13 minefield". Part of the fun, eh?
Thanks for the kind words :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 7: Are You The Prey? No We Are The Hunters!

"KEVIN, WATCH YOURSELF! YOU GOT FIVE COMING IN ON YOUR LEFT!" Bino shouts as they all continued to fire away at the oncoming horde of undead. Earlier, they had just arrived at the Temple Of Seker with the goal of looking for the cure but they were surprised to see the Temple completely devoid of any life of any kind, be it living or undead. As Kevin, Bino, and Terrance explored (with Peanut, Tarot, and Sabrina staying behind to provide look out and cover), however, they soon came across a very small, even school sized, laboratory and began scrounging around looking for anything, which is when they came across an odd site, for sitting in a safe under lock and key (which Kevin shot off), were vials containing a odd-colored red liquid that were labeled 'IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: AntiMutigen'. At first, they were about ready to dismiss this as another strand of the virus and were about ready to destroy them when Terrance, who was peeking at the computer, shouted "STOP" and showed them what he found and what they saw brought the biggest smile to their face. The AntiMutigen was, indeed, the cure! Grabbing all the vials and placing them into a nearby case, they started to make a run for it when they were intercepted by none other then the owner of the Temple herself, Seker.
"Seeing you folks here, I take it Keene failed in his one job...again" Seker said exasperatedly, causing Bino to retort, "You did too. We got the cure, and we are going to unleash it....then we're going to kill you." Seker just laughed and rolled her eyes before clapping her hands twice and adding "Good luck with that, meat." Suddenly, a multitude of growls began to emerge before, rocketing down the hallway they were in, a gigantic horde of zombies came bum rushing their way towards them. The three quickly high tailed it out of there and met up with the other three and told them to open fire for they got company.
"JUST HOW MANY ARE THERE!?" Sabrina shouts as she unloads with the M60 with Tarot providing the ammo for it and Peanut, as Satau, providing various shock-waves to try to knock as many back as possible, which led to Terrance shouting back in response "I HAVE NO CLUE, BUT WE NEED TO KILL AS MANY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE WE LEAVE! WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE ZOMBIES IN BABYLON GARDENS!" But it seemed that this would all be for naught as now matter how many they killed, one hundred more would take their place and so on. Little did they know that they were essentially killing the same one over as, WAY behind the horde, Seker stood smiling and resurrecting every zombie they had killed. To her, if she can tire them out, the horde would soon over run them and she would get that cure back and the first thing she'd do? Destroy it. But as the survivors continued their attack, hope would soon come and come very, VERY quickly and loudly as a huge group of the undead suddenly exploded out of nowhere, followed by a good bit catching fire.

"Pean..er Satau?" Tarot asked as she looked towards Satau, "Was that you?" Satau was equally confused as he replied, in Peanut's voice, "Wasn't me...I'm not THAT good...."
"LOOK!" Bino shouts as, coming from behind them like a missile, was Zach, who was launching shot after shot from his hands, and Spirit Dragon, whom the fire originated from.
"ZACH!" Terrance shouted in joy as Zach landed in front of him, "Where's Grape? She OK?"
"Grape's fine, Zodd took her back to the mansion." Zach explained while lifting a few dozen of the remaining zombies and tossed them against the wall, "And, before you ask, Pete's dead for good."
"Are you sure?" Tarot asked to which Dragon landed beside her and told her "We made sure of it. Right now, you got the cure?" which Kevin lifted the container, which brought a sigh of relief to Dragon who then turned her head to watch Zach finish off the rest of the undead. What was once a seemingly unkillable horde now laid dead(er) on the ground. But there weren't to be any cheering as from the darkness, the sound of clapping was heard as Seker herself came walking out.
"Fine," she quipped as she finished her clapping before drawing two katanas she had on her, "I'll do it myself." As she readied herself to strike, Zach walked up to her and told her bluntly "If you want to kill them, you'll have to kill me first, Seker."
"Alright," Seker replied but before she could, Satau/Peanut walked up beside Zach and added "You'll have to kill me too." Seker looked at both and just rolled her eyes and said "Two on one? Child's play" before swiping her katanas at them, but try as she might, she could niether hit Zach or Satau as they were, in Zach's case, too fast and magical or, in Satau's case, too strong for her katanas to even scratch, let alone tickle, his skin. Then, in a flash, Zach made some hand gestures and two small portals opened under Seker's feet, trapping her to the ground, which led to Satau grabbing her katanas, ripping them from her paws and breaking them in two.
"You lost." Satau quipped as he tossed the swords away, "We have the cure, we have the power, and you have no weapons..." but maybe Satau shouldn't have said anything as Seker, from seemingly out of nowhere, quickly pulled out a handgun and shouted, "BACK-UP, FREAK!" and yet, before she could pull the trigger, a voice comes from behind her, startling her just a wee..."I wouldn't do that if I was you." Seker turned her head around and could only raise an eyebrow as she spotted Bino standing there, sans any weapon, "Bino, wasn't it? Why not, what are you going to do?" she quipped as Bino slowly made her way towards her. As he did, his body began to morph and change, leading to Seker to display first a look of confusion to that of fear as she knew what Bino was shifting into.
"Because...if you do," Bino began as his voice slowly changed into that of his beast, "Then I would have another reason for devouring you."
"Devou..no...no no no no...can't we talk this out?" Seker pleaded as both Zach and Satau/Peanut stepped back a bit as they too were curious what Bino meant and why he suddenly was looking like a monster. Bino-Beast just smirked, leaned in, and said "I may be a beast, but even I think you gone to far....lunch." What happens next can best be described as being similar to what happened to the one worker in Jurassic World when the Indominus Rex got hungry, but a bit more messier. But, as quickly as it began, it was over as all that stood there was Bino-Beast, who let out a loud burp before his stomach quickly went back to being it's normal self, leading him to quip "Instant digestion. Great for All-You-Can-Eat." which made both Zach and Satau/Peanut nod while as Bino-Beast reformed back into Bino. Though, behind them, the other survivors just couldn't believe what they witness, while Sabrina was busy losing her lunch. Though they wanted to ask where Bino got that, well, beast-side, none of that actually mattered as, to them, they finally got the cure....but there was one issue: How would they distribute it?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like there is something that is actually too graphic for Sabrina and Bino found it. xD