2019/04/12 - Fire Escape

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
RokukeShiba

Re: 2019/04/12 - Fire Escape

Post by RokukeShiba »

Keene gets arrested in prison, then coyote god shows up to make a deal and turn keene into a human but have to do Coyote gods bidding or something like that :P
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Cue Ralph telling him the cuffs were to make sure that he would stay put while he explained that he needed to pay a fine. NOW he will probably face prison time.

I just don't want Keene to get off scot-free. If he tries, Breel better shake some sense into him.
The weird thing is though Keene has blown stuff up before and faced no consequence. Call it the power of money or comic logic but if/when the spa gets destroyed, I doubt Keene will face any real consequence this time except paying for damages, fines, and what have you.

There is another factor that I don't think anyone has pointed out and that is that Keene is not human so there is no guarantee that human laws would affect him the same way. It's a two way street. If they don't have the same rights or liberties as people, odds are they would not be charged the same as well. Could you charge him as a legal citizen or even as an adult?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

fenrirblack wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Cue Ralph telling him the cuffs were to make sure that he would stay put while he explained that he needed to pay a fine. NOW he will probably face prison time.

I just don't want Keene to get off scot-free. If he tries, Breel better shake some sense into him.
The weird thing is though Keene has blown stuff up before and faced no consequence. Call it the power of money or comic logic but if/when the spa gets destroyed, I doubt Keene will face any real consequence this time except paying for damages, fines, and what have you.

There is another factor that I don't think anyone has pointed out and that is that Keene is not human so there is no guarantee that human laws would affect him the same way. It's a two way street. If they don't have the same rights or liberties as people, odds are they would not be charged the same as well. Could you charge him as a legal citizen or even as an adult?
Well maybe.... euthanasia! XP i kid
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The only thing I can recall that Keene blew up before was his hideout in the water balloon arc and even that wasn't really an explosion but just dousing the building. Anyway I would assume that either the Milton estate or whoever is looking after the money would pay. Keene can't get out of this with no consequence because he's a pet because that sets a bad precedent. Meaning that a pet could KILL or MAIM and not face consequences.

I doubt that he would be euthanized for a small infraction like this and I don't know how euthanasia would work in the HP! world. I just want Keene to face SOMETHING because there has to be something since it would suck if he got off scot-free.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The only thing I can recall that Keene blew up before was his hideout in the water balloon arc and even that wasn't really an explosion but just dousing the building. Anyway I would assume that either the Milton estate or whoever is looking after the money would pay. Keene can't get out of this with no consequence because he's a pet because that sets a bad precedent. Meaning that a pet could KILL or MAIM and not face consequences.

I doubt that he would be euthanized for a small infraction like this and I don't know how euthanasia would work in the HP! world. I just want Keene to face SOMETHING because there has to be something since it would suck if he got off scot-free.
5 months with the black footed ferrets at the zoo with a house arrest anklet so he cant leave ;p
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Given the nature of this comic, there is no way to know for sure what the punishment would be for extreme acts of violence. Logically death would be the obvious punishment if a pet decided to kill someone but so far the only times pets have been arrested they got thrown in the pound and that's it. We never knew what happened to Fluffy after it got carted away and it was trying to kill them.

This brings into questions of pet responsibility and owner responsibility in the HPU. What happens if a pet does break the law? We know they can and will get arrested but when that happened to Bino, Jeff just bailed him out. But what if a pet did some more serious, would the owner have to face some consequences? If a pet gets arrested and charged with a crime (assuming that they actually can get charged instead of simply thrown into the back of a truck) do they go to jail, the pound, and for how long?
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that was a punishment I would be alright with it. LOL
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If that was a punishment I would be alright with it. LOL
remember the first time he got trapped there? He not like the game corn hole.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I just don't want Keene to get off scot-free.
Why not? This is like the least evil thing Keene's done since the amusement park. This is the *good* Keene.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

I guess it's not Ralph but Keene who gets to say "I'M GONNA WRECK IT!"

Also probably another EXPLOOOSHION ala Great Water Balloon War
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Given the nature of this comic, there is no way to know for sure what the punishment would be for extreme acts of violence. Logically death would be the obvious punishment if a pet decided to kill someone but so far the only times pets have been arrested they got thrown in the pound and that's it. We never knew what happened to Fluffy after it got carted away and it was trying to kill them.

This brings into questions of pet responsibility and owner responsibility in the HPU. What happens if a pet does break the law? We know they can and will get arrested but when that happened to Bino, Jeff just bailed him out. But what if a pet did some more serious, would the owner have to face some consequences? If a pet gets arrested and charged with a crime (assuming that they actually can get charged instead of simply thrown into the back of a truck) do they go to jail, the pound, and for how long?
They assumed Fluffy was trying to kill them, honestly it seemed like it was confused by their actions, it’s their owner who kidnapped them and got out a shotgun. If Fluffy ever returns, I feel like it be fast to apologize to them
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Given the nature of this comic, there is no way to know for sure what the punishment would be for extreme acts of violence. Logically death would be the obvious punishment if a pet decided to kill someone but so far the only times pets have been arrested they got thrown in the pound and that's it. We never knew what happened to Fluffy after it got carted away and it was trying to kill them.

They assumed Fluffy was trying to kill them, honestly it seemed like it was confused by their actions, it’s their owner who kidnapped them and got out a shotgun. If Fluffy ever returns, I feel like it be fast to apologize to them
As true as that may be, if you get kidnapped and tied up in a basement by a man with a pet alligator, odds are you are not there to be best friends. Even if the intention was not to be alligator chow, puppies and kittens would not last long against a full grown gator. Luckily they had Grape but if it was anyone else they probably wouldn't have made it. Fluffy did try to bite off Max's ear and body slammed him.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You... don't.... suppose... Fluffy's…. in the... spa... ??? ulp.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that we will see Fluffy again for a long time if ever.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Fluffy will be Keene's attorney in the future.

As for everyone thinking Keene doing a plainly obvious evil thing to get arrested: I'm pretty sure we're missing something Ralph said earlier - Keene has a history of getting away. x3

I just wasn't expecting fire alarms myself. Maybe something simpler like exploiting legal loopholes like he usually does.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:Fluffy will be Keene's attorney in the future.

As for everyone thinking Keene doing a plainly obvious evil thing to get arrested: I'm pretty sure we're missing something Ralph said earlier - Keene has a history of getting away. x3

I just wasn't expecting fire alarms myself. Maybe something simpler like exploiting legal loopholes like he usually does.
The goal was never for Keene to be arrested. All Ralph wants is for Keene to pay the fine. As long as he does that he'll be okay.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I think Mr. London is already Keene's lawyer, so he wouldn't need fluffy. Think the dude is one of the likely victims of whatever is planned for that coin. Behind the scenes we know its a way to get some of the humans turned into regular cast members
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sansash wrote:I guess it's not Ralph but Keene who gets to say "I'M GONNA WRECK IT!"

Also probably another EXPLOOOSHION ala Great Water Balloon War
That's gonna be one tidal wave EXPLOOOSHION! Hmmmm ... then, instead of a spa, it could transform into a skating rink. Or maybe Peanut, Grape and the gang could do an "Imaginate on Ice". Housepets do "Frozen" with Grape as Elsa, maybe? You're an inspiration, there, Sansash!
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote:I just wasn't expecting fire alarms myself. Maybe something simpler like exploiting legal loopholes like he usually does.
If a couple of hundred dollar traffic fine not normally something you arrest people over is a "legal loophole"...?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:

The goal was never for Keene to be arrested. All Ralph wants is for Keene to pay the fine. As long as he does that he'll be okay.
The thing is, we don't know the exact history between Keene and Ralph, but it's fair to assume Ralph wants to cuff Keene this time. Yes, we know Ralph is just looking for a fine, but there could be more to it than that.
Argent wrote:If a couple of hundred dollar traffic fine not normally something you arrest people over is a "legal loophole"...?
Something along the lines of - "You can't arrest me! There's puppies on the premises!" *points to King's family*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

GameCobra wrote:The thing is, we don't know the exact history between Keene and Ralph, but it's fair to assume Ralph wants to cuff Keene this time. Yes, we know Ralph is just looking for a fine, but there could be more to it than that.
Well everytime when Keene had to pay taxes, he tried to find a way NOT to pay them and seeing what projects the ferrets sometimes have, I could really imagine some of them already had to do something like paying a fine, but somehow got out of it.
Which is why Ralph is so determined to have Keene pay that fine, seeing that Keene even tried to run away from that it's no wonder Ralph cuffs him.
It was also already said that Keene 'weasels' himself out of things like that.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
GameCobra wrote:The thing is, we don't know the exact history between Keene and Ralph, but it's fair to assume Ralph wants to cuff Keene this time. Yes, we know Ralph is just looking for a fine, but there could be more to it than that.
Well everytime when Keene had to pay taxes, he tried to find a way NOT to pay them and seeing what projects the ferrets sometimes have, I could really imagine some of them already had to do something like paying a fine, but somehow got out of it.
Which is why Ralph is so determined to have Keene pay that fine, seeing that Keene even tried to run away from that it's no wonder Ralph cuffs him.
The thing is though, we might never know exactly how Keene is going to get out of jail time (again assuming that he can legally be charged with a crime like this). Odds are they'll be an explosion then skip a few months to Ralph saying "I don't know how you do this." as Keene walks out of the courthouse in his little suit and tie.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:
The thing is though, we might never know exactly how Keene is going to get out of jail time (again assuming that he can legally be charged with a crime like this). Odds are they'll be an explosion then skip a few months to Ralph saying "I don't know how you do this." as Keene walks out of the courthouse in his little suit and tie.
That could happen. I could also imagine Breel will tell Keene it would be more honest just to pay the fine.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
That could happen. I could also imagine Breel will tell Keene it would be more honest just to pay the fine.
Hopefully Breel being around now will prove to be a good thing for Keene's moral compass. He's proven to be good so far but this will be the real test of their relationship and more importantly his influence.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Breel doesn't say anything and Keene does somehow get out of this despite having broken a law and not getting any punishment that a pet would get, they are both on my Skit List. x3
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Interesting [to me, anyway] how, except for Ralph's vest and the alarm, this strip's colour scheme is pretty much just different shades of brown, yet it still manages to be visually appealing.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If Breel doesn't say anything and Keene does somehow get out of this despite having broken a law and not getting any punishment that a pet would get, they are both on my Skit List. x3
That pun seems out of place
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I didn't even realize it was a pun. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Subtle "Imaginate" reference, mebbee?