HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Sally is caught a little off guard as Snapper, runs toward the male lion, still awake, but too weak to resist the bear as he was tied up, possibly all to eager for it as the mention of the zoo providing them food. He started to climb up onto the giant cat until he was standing right on his muzzle before Deus could start tying that up so the male couldn't bite them or the ropes. "... So you kinda lost bad against the bear, not that I think you had a chance after I saw that tree get destroyed by him... I had a little trouble hearing that argument in the cave, but I think you should have pushed back against your sister's plans, maybe ask Sally to get you food, the humans have mountains of meat in just their houses alone." He looks behind him at Deus, missing any signs of the bears likely worry. "Hey, do you mind if I stay with this guy while you carry them into town? I want to see if he'd be fine with me taking pics of him after he and his sis are placed in the zoo? The female sounded kinda mean so I want to talk before she wakes up"
Deus looked sideways at Snapper as he was about to muzzle the cougar. The mouse wanted to talk to the mountain lion? Deus shook his head, then snarled at the cougar, giving a clear indication that the male should behave himself. "Go ahead." He said to Snapper.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's one way of breaking it to them," Juniper said quietly to Flash and Sally. She raised her voice so all could hear if they were capable. "Humes got two ways of dealing with those try to hunt their young, big Cats. Zoo's the better for you. You might need to deal with Humans looking at you but you'll be safe and fed. Other way is worse. Trust a prey on that will'ya? Sally doesn't want you hurt despite you trying to eat her so it was her idea..."
"It was your idea," Sally protested in a near hiss.
"I had it a second before you and you know it," the blind Mouse declared. "So relax and be helped. By the bear that beat you up."
"please..." The mountain lion spoke a little weakly and in a somewhat higher pitched tone than when he was speaking before. Tears were welling in his eyes, but they weren't a result of the pain he was in. Though, that likely didn't help. "Please... take pictures. Throw us in the Zoo... just please, don't let the humans kill us... P-Please..." he sobbed. "W-we're starving! D-desperate! W-we haven't had a-anything to eat in w-weeks! I-I'm so s-s-sorry!"

His sister shifted around, then mumbled something. "So... *cough*... so quick to give up our freedom... aren't you, brother?" her eyes opened. They were red from injury as much as from anger.

"Our freedom is already gone, Kassandra. It was gone when you attacked a human. The best we can hope for now is that the humans will have a little pity."

Deus walked up to the tied up cougars pulling a wooden cart behind him that he normally uses to carry fruit back to the cave. He carefully placed the two mountain lions on it. "We need go. They not survive without medicine and vet."
Snapper gripped the muzzle as Deus moved them onto the cart. The lion likely was puzzled by how little fear the thing next to his nose portrayed, especially as he'd made it no secret how hungry he was. If the bear wasn't nearby, it be the easiest meal he'd ever gotten. "So do you have a name as well, or are you just called brother? Your sister has a name, but I don't think I've caught yours." He looked about the lion's face a little... was it trying to figure out why he didn't have a mane or something? "Nothing wrong with not having one if you don't! I just got the name Snapper not much more than a few hours ago. Wish we got to meet when you weren't basically dying, but I hope you'll still be up for me to take pictures when the zoo starts fattening you up."

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14078
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What do you mean? D-did I do something wrong?" Flynn asks, concerned.

~~~~
"Hmm..." Piper looks around and notices a branch on the edge of a garden. It's only recently fallen and the leaves are still green.
"How about this?" she suggests, planting it upright in the dirt like a little tree.

~~~~
"Ar..." the fox begins, before pausing as he realises Nola doesn't know his real name yet so he finally has the chance to replace the name he hates so much.
"Simon." he finishes. "So what's in it for you? And what's the catch?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Other than 'Don't eat the Mice' you mean," Nola queried, leaning forward a little so he could probably see her. "That's the only catch I can think of, Simon. You need food? Go hunt when you're better. Or just ask someone in the main house to put stuff in the fridge when you're getting better. Oh, and shower before you use the pool. As for what's in it for me? Most days Thomas'll be doing work somewhere outside the house and his sister Sally - my Human - will be at school. If I'm recuperating," she continued, taking a breath after so much talking, "I'd rather have someone around as company, yeah, and I'm not going to talk with Mice."
------------
"He means 'hello'," Juniper translated, taking a grip of Sally's hair with her free hand. "And I think he means 'getting you up to best weight' or something." She shrugged. "It's one of the things Kilo used to say at the silo. Maintaining optimal weight. I think I know what it means," she added as the group continued on. "Juniper, by the way and, if it's any consolation to your sister, you still scare me a lot."
"And me," Sally muttered.
-----------
Leslie looked around and found an apple someone had bitten once and then discarded. He did a double-take as a over-ripe Banana raced past him on the ground and almost face palmed into the fruit as he worked out where Chip was and the Banana zagged to a stop by Rudders' feet.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6042
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What do you mean? D-did I do something wrong?" Flynn asks, concerned.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"As we are here, dear lady," Kilo said, still dusting himself down but more theatrically any anything now, "and you know we are unlikely to go away if so ordered, I think it would be better if you explained, hmm?"
"nonono Of course not Flynn, don't worry" Nadia said, hugging the concerned rabbit "It's many things, and you're right, I guess I do owe you an explanation, but let's get back to my tent ok? I'm a little wet right now, so a fire would probably be good and all"

User avatar
WeirdGamer
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Earth

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by WeirdGamer »

Gameb18oy wrote: He smiled, walking back a few steps so they wouldn't unintentionally move too close to the blade as he quickly pulled out his sword. He made a show of spinning it by its handle with his palm. "I think I can show you a few things... though I may need some help, can you guys bring me some things you think be cool to see sliced in one go at them? I'm quite fond of watermelon as I have snacks to share after its done" He said that with a strong chuckle.
At the suggestion of cutting things Lucky took a few small but pointed steps back. He also made sure to keep any eye on the others.
--------------------
Serence Frostbite wrote: "nonono Of course not Flynn, don't worry" Nadia said, hugging the concerned rabbit "It's many things, and you're right, I guess I do owe you an explanation, but let's get back to my tent ok? I'm a little wet right now, so a fire would probably be good and all"
Ryyn snorted dismissively. "Just shake yourself dry. Works for me! I mean, foxes are like dogs, right?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!

User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5411
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Gameb18oy wrote: "... I think the skunk agrees... much too fast my little feline friend." He chuckled. "Hey, you kids ever see a circus act?"

I was a grape work out!.. were't we just doing a circle act??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5

User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: I was afraid that you were going to say that.. You think that you can find where that scream came from?
Should we get the rifle from the truck?
Probably, though it might be best to start looking before the trail runs cold.” Senka began rummaging through one of the bags. “Did you bring the walkies? You could get the gun while I go on ahead. Scout it out. Or scare it off so we can back to camping.”
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Ref Ref!

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3659
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper gripped the muzzle as Deus moved them onto the cart. The lion likely was puzzled by how little fear the thing next to his nose portrayed, especially as he'd made it no secret how hungry he was. If the bear wasn't nearby, it be the easiest meal he'd ever gotten. "So do you have a name as well, or are you just called brother? Your sister has a name, but I don't think I've caught yours." He looked about the lion's face a little... was it trying to figure out why he didn't have a mane or something? "Nothing wrong with not having one if you don't! I just got the name Snapper not much more than a few hours ago. Wish we got to meet when you weren't basically dying, but I hope you'll still be up for me to take pictures when the zoo starts fattening you up."
The lion did not dare try to eat the mouse with the bear right there. He chalked up the mouse's bravery to being a result of Deus's presence. Absolutely no one wants to upset Deus, particularly a person who Deus just hit with an oak tree. "Chris. My name is Chris." the mountain lion said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"He means 'hello'," Juniper translated, taking a grip of Sally's hair with her free hand. "And I think he means 'getting you up to best weight' or something." She shrugged. "It's one of the things Kilo used to say at the silo. Maintaining optimal weight. I think I know what it means," she added as the group continued on. "Juniper, by the way and, if it's any consolation to your sister, you still scare me a lot."
"And me," Sally muttered.
"I wasn't... *cough*... I wasn't... trying to be scary..." Kassandra said. "I was... trying to keep us from starving to death..."
Roarin wrote:Probably, though it might be best to start looking before the trail runs cold.” Senka began rummaging through one of the bags. “Did you bring the walkies? You could get the gun while I go on ahead. Scout it out. Or scare it off so we can back to camping.”
Deus continued pulling the cart out of the Orchard. Coincidentally, the camp site is between the Orchard and town. If Senka started tracking the source of the roars, they would meet in the middle.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6042
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

WeirdGamer wrote: Ryyn snorted dismissively. "Just shake yourself dry. Works for me! I mean, foxes are like dogs, right?"
"I suppose" Nadia chuckled "But I wouldn't want you guys to be wet either, it's windy around here" she said, leading the group back to the tent.
"hey" Josh greeted with a grin, raising his hand up
"hey!"
the two exchanged a chuckle as the vixen went into the tent, came back out with an arm full of woods and sticks, and it down between them.
"I'm still alive!" Josh continued, offering a box of matches
"You brought guests" Nadia smiled, taking the matches and started a small fire.

(OOC: Despite what Nadia said, the air is absolutely still with no wind in sight)

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Gameb18oy »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: He smiled, walking back a few steps so they wouldn't unintentionally move too close to the blade as he quickly pulled out his sword. He made a show of spinning it by its handle with his palm. "I think I can show you a few things... though I may need some help, can you guys bring me some things you think be cool to see sliced in one go at them? I'm quite fond of watermelon as I have snacks to share after its done" He said that with a strong chuckle.
At the suggestion of cutting things Lucky took a few small but pointed steps back. He also made sure to keep any eye on the others.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie looked around and found an apple someone had bitten once and then discarded. He did a double-take as a over-ripe Banana raced past him on the ground and almost face palmed into the fruit as he worked out where Chip was and the Banana zagged to a stop by Rudders' feet.
The clear nerves on Lucky's face made him decide he'd swap to a lighter routine before slicing and dicing. "Hey kid, dont worry I've handled this sword during several acts, if anyone ends up hurt, 9 times out of 10 it ends up being m- WAUGH!!!" As if the universe was working to prove what Rudder was saying, a light step forward to put his paw on Lucky led to a sudden spin as his foot met banana. His legs thankfully just missed Chip as he fell, though his large thick tail ended up pinning the mouse down. The kids heard the otter groan a bit in response to the pain from the fall.
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper gripped the muzzle as Deus moved them onto the cart. The lion likely was puzzled by how little fear the thing next to his nose portrayed, especially as he'd made it no secret how hungry he was. If the bear wasn't nearby, it be the easiest meal he'd ever gotten. "So do you have a name as well, or are you just called brother? Your sister has a name, but I don't think I've caught yours." He looked about the lion's face a little... was it trying to figure out why he didn't have a mane or something? "Nothing wrong with not having one if you don't! I just got the name Snapper not much more than a few hours ago. Wish we got to meet when you weren't basically dying, but I hope you'll still be up for me to take pictures when the zoo starts fattening you up."
The lion did not dare try to eat the mouse with the bear right there. He chalked up the mouse's bravery to being a result of Deus's presence. Absolutely no one wants to upset Deus, particularly a person who Deus just hit with an oak tree. "Chris. My name is Chris." the mountain lion said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"He means 'hello'," Juniper translated, taking a grip of Sally's hair with her free hand. "And I think he means 'getting you up to best weight' or something." She shrugged. "It's one of the things Kilo used to say at the silo. Maintaining optimal weight. I think I know what it means," she added as the group continued on. "Juniper, by the way and, if it's any consolation to your sister, you still scare me a lot."
"And me," Sally muttered.
"I wasn't... *cough*... I wasn't... trying to be scary..." Kassandra said. "I was... trying to keep us from starving to death..."
Roarin wrote:Probably, though it might be best to start looking before the trail runs cold.” Senka began rummaging through one of the bags. “Did you bring the walkies? You could get the gun while I go on ahead. Scout it out. Or scare it off so we can back to camping.”
Deus continued pulling the cart out of the Orchard. Coincidentally, the camp site is between the Orchard and town. If Senka started tracking the source of the roars, they would meet in the middle.
Snapper repeated the name in his head for a bit till he was sure he would remember it. His ears twitched a bit, Senka just clear enough he could hear her with his ears, but he was trying to tune that conversation out, though did keep in mind the voice reminded him mildly of Kass's, another lioness most likely. If these two ended up not liking having pictures taken of them, he'd have to find her so he could get good pics without sneaking into the zoo. "Hey Chris, why didn't you just try and get food from the human dumpsters or something? When I can't find enough berries in the forest, I find those things are a gold mine, found a cheeseburger that lasted me a week in there just on the bread alone." He looked over in the direction of Chris's sister. "By the way, you should listen to him in the future, you're kinda lucky you didn't get a claw on Sally. Humans do horrible things to my kind just for the sake of gaining knowledge... I don't imagine it be fun finding out what they'd do to you when you harm one of their own."

User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5411
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Probably, though it might be best to start looking before the trail runs cold.” Senka began rummaging through one of the bags. “Did you bring the walkies? You could get the gun while I go on ahead. Scout it out. Or scare it off so we can back to camping.”

Kandi goes to the pick-up truck, and gets the walkies out tossing one to the cougar..
Then gets out the 16 round, lever-action 30-30 rifle, removing the trigger lock.
Then grabs the medical go-bag...
HA! An you were growling at me for over packing, but look we are going to need this....
Turning around to find that the cougar had already padded off into the woods..
Right..
Packing the bag over her shoulder and dashes off after the puma..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14078
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So... No humans..." "Simon" says. "Guess it beats being poked and prodded in a cage all day."

~~~~~~~~
Flynn waits until the fire is blazing and Kilo is safely settled back on his shoulder before speaking again.
"So... What's this all about, Nadia?" he asks.

~~~~~~~~
Piper hurries to help the otter up.
"Are you okay, Rudder?" she asks before realising what she's just seen.
"Er, Chip? Are you under there somewhere? Are you okay?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Nola conceded, standing and nodding to Thomas "two humes - including that one there - but you'll mostly be as on your own as you like it, Simon. 'Cept for me, of course. May I go in," she asked the nurse. "I'll be careful."
"Good job I brought my credit card," Thomas remarked.
"Oh, yeah," Nola added, "forgot that. You come with us and a Hume will be spending money on you. About time, eh?"
------------------------
"You say not scary, we say pointy-teethed," Juniper said lightly. "You could ask for help, y'know?"
"I...I'd have g..given it," Sally muttered, rubbing her arms as she followed the Bear. "And I...I'm sorry, Snapper," she sniffed, managing to look the Mouse in the eye for a few seconds.
---------------------
"'m fuhn," Chip said, pushing her way up through the tail and spitting out a bit of fur. "Can you get me out of this, Piper? Leslie would..." She glucked as the kitten swooped and picked her up.
"Gotcha agane, Missy Mowse!" he said, showing his 'prize' off to Oreo before turning a tutting Mouse over to Piper.
"...take it as a cheap chance to grab me," Chip finished. "Sorry, Mr Otter, fella. I didn't know that could happen in real life..."
-----------------------
Kilo sat on Flynn's shoulder and waited on the story.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:Piper hurries to help the otter up.
"Are you okay, Rudder?" she asks before realising what she's just seen.
"Er, Chip? Are you under there somewhere? Are you okay?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "'m fuhn," Chip said, pushing her way up through the tail and spitting out a bit of fur. "Can you get me out of this, Piper? Leslie would..." She glucked as the kitten swooped and picked her up.
"Gotcha agane, Missy Mowse!" he said, showing his 'prize' off to Oreo before turning a tutting Mouse over to Piper.
"...take it as a cheap chance to grab me," Chip finished. "Sorry, Mr Otter, fella. I didn't know that could happen in real life..."
Rudder took Piper's paw and swiftly gave her a simple "Thank you" He quickly turned his attention to the mouse. "... to be honest, I didn't either, I think I might have slipped more on my tail than anything" He chuckled. "... Should I be worried by the fact you're being held by a cat, or are you fine? I'd prefer not to see someone eaten here so soon after meeting them"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "You say not scary, we say pointy-teethed," Juniper said lightly. "You could ask for help, y'know?"
"I...I'd have g..given it," Sally muttered, rubbing her arms as she followed the Bear. "And I...I'm sorry, Snapper," she sniffed, managing to look the Mouse in the eye for a few seconds.
Snapper blinked a little... It was a little clear he wasn't sure how to process an apology he didn't feel the girl had done anything to warrant for it. "Um... no... no apology needed young miss Sally... it's not like... you were around for the stuff that-" He shook his head a bit. "I dont have any grudge with humans despite what I said. I know you arent all like that, I'm just trying to let Chris and Kass here know hurting you meant they only were gonna see the bad side of you guys"

User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5411
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "'m fuhn," Chip said, pushing her way up through the tail and spitting out a bit of fur. "Can you get me out of this, Piper? Leslie would..." She glucked as the kitten swooped and picked her up.
"Gotcha agane, Missy Mowse!" he said, showing his 'prize' off to Oreo before turning a tutting Mouse over to Piper.
"...take it as a cheap chance to grab me," Chip finished. "Sorry, Mr Otter, fella. I didn't know that could happen in real life..."
Oreo Licks his chops,
Great catch! your hunting skills haf inproved
then starts scurrying around looking for more mices
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Capturing me," Chip complained to Piper as Leslie handed her over. "He only did it because an Otter fell on me! Not your fault, Mr Otter."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6042
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: Flynn waits until the fire is blazing and Kilo is safely settled back on his shoulder before speaking again.
"So... What's this all about, Nadia?" he asks.
"Well......you know how Kilo said family has connections, and will find their way to each other?"Well, I found mine, my sister to be exact, very shortly after Piper was rescued......and.....it was almost everything I wished it wouldn't be" Nadia smirked, her eyes stared deeply into the crackling fire.

"It's been over 4 years since the bloodied day she was kidnapped. Four years of seeing people she knew and loved in pain and perished, of fear and torment, then constantly on the run, all alone. I promised I would protect her, you know, the whole point for me to be who I am, for her sake, a promise I couldn't keep. I took too long, traces were fade, and distractions were many. By the time I took one step, she already gone a mile." the vixen sighed, straightening her legs closer to the flame as she leaned back, gazing upon the cloudless sky.

"I never was a fan of humans, you know, it's......complicated as to why, but my sister, she was. She saw in them dreams, hope and talents and magic wilder than perhaps I can ever imagine. When we were little, she kept saying she wanted to go out there and learn from them and be a part of that gigantic, beautiful world..... I guess fate, being the cruel, torturous thing that it is, granted her wish, in the most twisted way, even through human's hands." as the fox continued, her voice went more quiet, though still audible.

"When we finally met again, her optimism, her hope, her faith......they were broken. She was broken. She wasn't running anymore. She told me she saw "the truth", that to protect herself, to protect me, our people, and those who stood by her side, those who would do us harm must meet their ends. Humans must meet their ends...." the vixen looked down, then with a tired smile, looked directly in Flynn's eyes

"Like your parents, Flynn, like our neighbors, she would hurt everyone, and through them, she would hurt Piper, Lucky, our friends......she would hurt you. I couldn't let you get hurt anymore, so.....for the second time when she needed me the most. I chose to stand by those who opposed her."

User avatar
WeirdGamer
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Earth

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by WeirdGamer »

Gameb18oy wrote: The clear nerves on Lucky's face made him decide he'd swap to a lighter routine before slicing and dicing. "Hey kid, dont worry I've handled this sword during several acts, if anyone ends up hurt, 9 times out of 10 it ends up being m- WAUGH!!!" As if the universe was working to prove what Rudder was saying, a light step forward to put his paw on Lucky led to a sudden spin as his foot met banana. His legs thankfully just missed Chip as he fell, though his large thick tail ended up pinning the mouse down. The kids heard the otter groan a bit in response to the pain from the fall.
Lucky was pulled down along with Rudder. "GAAAAH!" At the very least, Lucky did have a little fortune, and eded up on top of Rudder instead of the other way around.

He slowly pushed himself to his feet. "Yep...that seems about right."
Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "'m fuhn," Chip said, pushing her way up through the tail and spitting out a bit of fur. "Can you get me out of this, Piper? Leslie would..." She glucked as the kitten swooped and picked her up.
"Gotcha agane, Missy Mowse!" he said, showing his 'prize' off to Oreo before turning a tutting Mouse over to Piper.
"...take it as a cheap chance to grab me," Chip finished. "Sorry, Mr Otter, fella. I didn't know that could happen in real life..."
Oreo Licks his chops,
Great catch! your hunting skills haf inproved
then starts scurrying around looking for more mices
"You okay there, Chip?"
-----------------
Ryyn listened quietly to Nadia. Then he glanced at Flynn to see how he was doing.
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry for your losses, Nadia," he said slowly. "It's often the hopeful hit hardest by their experiences with those who refuse to share their desire. They find fear and hatred and that reflects in their own fear and hate. And it magnifies each time." He looked up at her. "I'm only thankful that you found what she was looking for. Family that loves you." He gave her a small smirk before continuing, "and then you found a Rabbit that loves you and shares your hope too. You have seen that, although capable of great cruelty as a species, as an individual humans are capable of the greatest charity and kindness, my dear. Now we need to show your sister, the one who lived due to the help of those who refused to hate and fear one they should have hated and feared, that the same can apply to her." He picked himself up and sauntered over to Nadia's shoulder. "Hope only dies if we let it, dear girl," he said before sitting down again.
----------------
"Just a bit Otterpated, Lucky," Chip commented.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper gripped the muzzle as Deus moved them onto the cart. The lion likely was puzzled by how little fear the thing next to his nose portrayed, especially as he'd made it no secret how hungry he was. If the bear wasn't nearby, it be the easiest meal he'd ever gotten. "So do you have a name as well, or are you just called brother? Your sister has a name, but I don't think I've caught yours." He looked about the lion's face a little... was it trying to figure out why he didn't have a mane or something? "Nothing wrong with not having one if you don't! I just got the name Snapper not much more than a few hours ago. Wish we got to meet when you weren't basically dying, but I hope you'll still be up for me to take pictures when the zoo starts fattening you up."
The lion did not dare try to eat the mouse with the bear right there. He chalked up the mouse's bravery to being a result of Deus's presence. Absolutely no one wants to upset Deus, particularly a person who Deus just hit with an oak tree. "Chris. My name is Chris." the mountain lion said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"He means 'hello'," Juniper translated, taking a grip of Sally's hair with her free hand. "And I think he means 'getting you up to best weight' or something." She shrugged. "It's one of the things Kilo used to say at the silo. Maintaining optimal weight. I think I know what it means," she added as the group continued on. "Juniper, by the way and, if it's any consolation to your sister, you still scare me a lot."
"And me," Sally muttered.
"I wasn't... *cough*... I wasn't... trying to be scary..." Kassandra said. "I was... trying to keep us from starving to death..."
Roarin wrote:Probably, though it might be best to start looking before the trail runs cold.” Senka began rummaging through one of the bags. “Did you bring the walkies? You could get the gun while I go on ahead. Scout it out. Or scare it off so we can back to camping.”
Deus continued pulling the cart out of the Orchard. Coincidentally, the camp site is between the Orchard and town. If Senka started tracking the source of the roars, they would meet in the middle.
Keeshah wrote: Kandi goes to the pick-up truck, and gets the walkies out tossing one to the cougar..
Then gets out the 16 round, lever-action 30-30 rifle, removing the trigger lock.
Then grabs the medical go-bag...
HA! An you were growling at me for over packing, but look we are going to need this....
Turning around to find that the cougar had already padded off into the woods..
Right..
Packing the bag over her shoulder and dashes off after the puma..
It had been a few minutes since Senka heard the roar, but if she continued in that direction she had a hunch she would find...
"What is... uhh..." She paused at the edge of the clearing, before her. A cart, a bear, and a curious entourage... She lifted the walkie up and clicked big button on the side. "Hey, I dunno if this was the source of the noise but... I think I found a traveling circus... or something. There's a bear I've seen around the edge of town too. It's... it's' weird I'm gonna be honest." After relaying the general directions to Kandi the cougar took her wallet out of her collar and approached the unique group of travelers.

Alright alright, just like Ranger Rick taught her.
Back straight, stern but neutral expression.
Sound authoritative, but polite.

She shook her head and did a small dance from foot to foot to work herself into character.

"Hey there, excuse me!" Senka waved a paw with the walkie in it as she approached, walking out of the foliage and into the open. "Couldn't help but notice you folks out here. Is everything alri..." As the mountain lion approached her eyes scanned the group and naturally fell upon the shaken looking human and the injured and tied up cougars. Her stern looked turned confused, and then hardened as she noticed just how banged up the cats were.

Maybe, she should have waited for that rifle.
Last edited by Roarin on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Ref Ref!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

At the sight of Senka, Sally 'eep'ed and tried to hide behind Deus, only to remember what he was carrying and 'eep again.
Juniper stood up again, having managed to not fall off by grabbing Sally's hair. She sniffed to make sure Flash was next to her and see what else she could smell. "An..another Mountain Lion," she asked. "Is there a convention?"
Unsure of which way to run without hurting herself or the Mice, Sally tried to control herself as the newcomer stayed a little distance away with her...wallet and collar? Shaking still, she took a step closer and tried to keep her voice level. "Are you..?" she started.
"Speak louder, Sally" Juniper said, making the girl swallow her nerves a bit.
"Are you... the Cougar from th...the newspapers?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3659
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper repeated the name in his head for a bit till he was sure he would remember it. His ears twitched a bit, Senka just clear enough he could hear her with his ears, but he was trying to tune that conversation out, though did keep in mind the voice reminded him mildly of Kass's, another lioness most likely. If these two ended up not liking having pictures taken of them, he'd have to find her so he could get good pics without sneaking into the zoo. "Hey Chris, why didn't you just try and get food from the human dumpsters or something? When I can't find enough berries in the forest, I find those things are a gold mine, found a cheeseburger that lasted me a week in there just on the bread alone." He looked over in the direction of Chris's sister. "By the way, you should listen to him in the future, you're kinda lucky you didn't get a claw on Sally. Humans do horrible things to my kind just for the sake of gaining knowledge... I don't imagine it be fun finding out what they'd do to you when you harm one of their own."
"You can eat anything, and require little. You're a mouse." Chris said. "We're lions. Going near human civilization is too risky, and we can't live off of garbage anyway..."

"Figured... what the humans didn't know... wouldn't kill us..." Kassandra said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You say not scary, we say pointy-teethed," Juniper said lightly. "You could ask for help, y'know?"
"I...I'd have g..given it," Sally muttered, rubbing her arms as she followed the Bear. "And I...I'm sorry, Snapper," she sniffed, managing to look the Mouse in the eye for a few seconds.
"Or... you could have... lured us into a trap... Taken us somewhere to be shot... or just used the opportunity to escape..." the lioness said, her breathing sounding labored. "Wasn't.. going to release... the bird in the hand... for the promise of... two... in the bush..."
Roarin wrote:It had been a few minutes since Senka heard the roar, but if she continued in that direction she had a hunch she would find...
"What is... uhh..." She paused at the edge of the clearing, before her. A cart, a bear, and a curious entourage... She lifted the walkie up and clicked big button on the side. "Hey, I dunno if this was the source of the noise but... I think I found a traveling circus... or something. There's a bear I've seen around the edge of town too. It's... it's' weird I'm gonna be honest." After relaying the general directions to Kandi the cougar took her wallet out of her collar and approached the unique group of travelers.

Alright alright, just like Ranger Rick taught her.
Back straight, stern but neutral expression.
Sound authoritative, but polite.

She shook her head and did a small dance from foot to foot to work herself into character.

"Hey there, excuse me!" Senka waved a paw with the walkie in it as she approached, walking out of the foliage and into the open. "Couldn't help but notice you folks out here. Is everything alri..." As the mountain lion approached her eyes scanned the group and naturally fell upon the shaken looking human and the injured and tied up cougars. Her stern looked turned confused, and then hardened as she noticed just how banged up the cats were.

Maybe, she should have waited for that rifle.
Deus stopped in his tracks when he saw the Mountain Lion. He let go of the cart, faced Senka, encouraged Sally to get behind him, and snarled. "Stand. Back. You will not hurt child!" he growled. Then he saw the wallet, the collar, and the walkie, and he suddenly recognized this Mountain lion as someone he knew. His expression relaxed, but he still held a giant paw out between the new Cougar and Sally. Can't take any chances.

When her eyes fell upon the cougars and her face hardened, Deus felt it best to explain himself before things escalated. "They try to kidnap and eat Sally. Clearly, I objected to that. This was to defend her." he said, gesturing to the badly injured lions.

"It's true!" Flash said. "Sally caught the whole thing on her phone!"

"Still." Deus continued. "Rather not have blood on claws. We take them... Ironically... to humans so they get help."

The male lion turned his head and looked Senka in the eyes, nearly knocking Snapper off. "S-sister?"

"waitwhat?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally looked up at the captured female Cougar as she spoke. "Th...that's, um, f...fear," she said, very cautiously reaching a hand up to pet her in a place that wasn't close to any pointy bits. "I h...hate fear, d...don't you?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Okay okay okay...
This, was a lot of information to take in at one time. After putting her wallet away Senka rubbed the side of head as she thought about what to do next. "Alright... One. Thing. At. A. Time."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Are you... the Cougar from th...the newspapers?"
"Probably. I mean, I don't think I've heard of any other mountain lions around town. And there were a lot of reporters around during the kidnapping mess so... probably." Wonder how they portrayed her in the papers... she did give them all a good scare. Though they deserved it.
CyberDragon wrote:Deus stopped in his tracks when he saw the Mountain Lion. He let go of the cart, faced Senka, encouraged Sally to get behind him, and snarled. "Stand. Back. You will not hurt child!" he growled. Then he saw the wallet, the collar, and the walkie, and he suddenly recognized this Mountain lion as someone he knew. His expression relaxed, but he still held a giant paw out between the new Cougar and Sally. Can't take any chances.

When her eyes fell upon the cougars and her face hardened, Deus felt it best to explain himself before things escalated. "They try to kidnap and eat Sally. Clearly, I objected to that. This was to defend her." he said, gesturing to the badly injured lions.

"It's true!" Flash said. "Sally caught the whole thing on her phone!"

"Still." Deus continued. "Rather not have blood on claws. We take them... Ironically... to humans so they get help."
"Defended her? Look I'm not gonna debate whether you did or not but these guys look like they got the snot beat out of them. And maybe a few vital organs too." Senka brought the walkie back up to her lips. "Yeah Kandi... did you bring a first aid kit with that rifle? There's a few other... me's that need patched up before they stop... living." Senka nodded her head in the general direction of where she came from. "Can we start moving them? There's a vet I know that can patch them up. And I don't wanna waste any precious time."
CyberDragon wrote:The male lion turned his head and looked Senka in the eyes, nearly knocking Snapper off. "S-sister?"

"waitwhat?"
There was a faint look of recognition in the mountain lion's expression. Followed by surprise, and then what could only be described as... stress.

Senka took a deep breath. "Hooboy. Alright. I'm gonna level with you here. I'm gonna take this one, and table that for later. Because. I'm not sure. I can deal. With that right now."

Holy mother of all dogs... what are the odds.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Ref Ref!

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3659
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally looked up at the captured female Cougar as she spoke. "Th...that's, um, f...fear," she said, very cautiously reaching a hand up to pet her in a place that wasn't close to any pointy bits. "I h...hate fear, d...don't you?"
"Don't... try to... get me to... like you, kid..." Kassandra growled with difficulty... at least until Sally started scratching her ear. Before she realized it, the lioness found herself purring with her eyes lazing shut. Once she noticed what was happening, her bloodshot eyes snapped open. "I said-" she snarled, but then was interrupted by a long series of painful coughing. Clutching her ribs once she was over, she finished. "I said... don't try... If the bear... wasn't here... you'd be filling our stomachs..." She said. "The... only thing... that's changed... is... my ability to move... You're still... food to me..."

"Shut up Kassandra!" Deus, Flash, and even Chris joined in, him being the only one to specify her name. Also, while Deus and Flash sounded irate, Chris sounded panicked. "Are you trying to get us killed? We aren't in any position to defend ourselves if they decide to put us down! Our only hope is for the humans to at least show some pity on us, but they won't do that if they think you actively see them as edible!"
Roarin wrote:"Defended her? Look I'm not gonna debate whether you did or not but these guys look like they got the snot beat out of them. And maybe a few vital organs too." Senka brought the walkie back up to her lips. "Yeah Kandi... did you bring a first aid kit with that rifle? There's a few other... me's that need patched up before they stop... living." Senka nodded her head in the general direction of where she came from. "Can we start moving them? There's a vet I know that can patch them up. And I don't wanna waste any precious time."
Deus nodded and picked up the handholds of the fruit cart again, pulling it in the direction Senka pointed. "Was just saying you safe. You need not fear me unless you try eat friend. You not try, I not be forced to protect. You civilized though. I know you not try hurt friends."
Roarin wrote:There was a faint look of recognition in the mountain lion's expression. Followed by surprise, and then what could only be described as... stress.

Senka took a deep breath. "Hooboy. Alright. I'm gonna level with you here. I'm gonna take this one, and table that for later. Because. I'm not sure. I can deal. With that right now."

Holy mother of all dogs... what are the odds.
Having heard her brother declare who the mountain lion ranger was, Kassandra turned her head as well. Her face soured. "You... How's life... as someone's property... been treating you, pet?"

"Shut UP Kassandra!" Chris said. He turned to look desperately at Senka. "Please, sister... we made a mistake... we were starving! Not a thing to eat for weeks! We aren't thinking straight! Please, don't let the humans kill us!"

"No one's gonna die." Deus snarled as he kept pulling the cart behind him on his way to the campsite. "Sally's fine. Not scratch on her. Had you hurt her, I be less certain. Then again, had you hurt her..." Deus continued, aimed more at Kassandra than Chris. "...and IF you hurt her..." he added in a low, sinister tone. "You would be chunky gravy on forest floor." he said in his standard growling voice, before finishing with another low tone. "understood?"

Kassandra cringed, knowing full well from her injuries and the fact that the bear literally tore up a tree and hit her with it like a giant bat that what Deus said was no exaggeration.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5411
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "Defended her? Look I'm not gonna debate whether you did or not but these guys look like they got the snot beat out of them. And maybe a few vital organs too." Senka brought the walkie back up to her lips. "Yeah Kandi... did you bring a first aid kit with that rifle? There's a few other... me's that need patched up before they stop... living."
A few other ME's?? What do you mean by that??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by SeanWolf »

A Siberian husky, wearing one of his favorite leather jackets (this one with the spikes), walks into the playground, the latest metal song playing loudly but not too loudly in his ears from his mp3 player. He figured he take a walk today as he had the day off from his owner's job (Running a music store) and decided to take a walk through the playgrounds.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Juniper felt Sally trembling, even though she knew the little Human was trying to fight her fears and, possibly, show the new Cougar the pictures on the phone. She wondered how she could help and came upon an idea. She began to sing (to the tune of "wouldn't it be luverly" and a little off-key).
"Who's that Hume wand'ring way out there?
She's got Mice riding in her hair,
and her friend's an enormous bear,
oh, surely it's our Sally!
"

Despite herself, Sally found she had to laugh slightly and it was easier to act, beginning the replay onto the screen for Senka. "Sn...Snapper took the pictures," she added, indicating the newest Mouse, "And... And I don't want them hurt...more either."
--------------------
"An Ottur wiv swords and a Doggie," Leslie noted.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

CyberDragon wrote:Having heard her brother declare who the mountain lion ranger was, Kassandra turned her head as well. Her face soured. "You... How's life... as someone's property... been treating you, pet?"

"Shut UP Kassandra!" Chris said. He turned to look desperately at Senka. "Please, sister... we made a mistake... we were starving! Not a thing to eat for weeks! We aren't thinking straight! Please, don't let the humans kill us!"

"No one's gonna die." Deus snarled as he kept pulling the cart behind him on his way to the campsite.
As they continue walking Senka glances pointedly over at the female cougar with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I can do this without being in excruciating pain." She proceeds to raise her arm and poke herself in the side a few times. "And the bear's right. No one here is going to hurt anyone else today. And that goes for everyone here." The lioness looks over at Dues. "No promises on what Kandi will do to you once you get to the vet, but I can promise you won't be killed. At least... by Kandi I dunno about the rest of the humans."

Keeshah wrote:A few other ME's?? What do you mean by that??
"Mountain lions! There's like two of them strapped to a cart. Apparently they tried to attack a little girl. And then a bear almost killed them. And now it's pulling them on said cart to our camp."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Despite herself, Sally found she had to laugh slightly it was easier to act, beginning the replay on the screen for Senka. "Sn...Snapper took the pictures," she added, indicating the newest Mouse.
"Hmm?" Senka bent down a bit to watch the display happening on her phone, reaching with her paw to do a few swipes to go through the pictures. "Wow. Intense. Young miss. You were very lucky you had a friend around to protect you. And please, remember in the future. If there's no collar, it might be a mauler. You can..." She let something that sounded like a grunt as she did a small eye-roll and shook her head twice from side to side. "You can hold onto my hand or my tail if you wanna touch a mountain lion in the future. Anyways, what were you doing out here all by your lonesome? With the exception of the mouse on your head anyways. It's dangerous out here in the forest. Especially by yourself"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Ref Ref!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She swallowed, gathering courage - a bit. "I...I was with Mis...Mister Deus," she explained. "He just... didn't, um, know there... there were Cougars near."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5411
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:A few other ME's?? What do you mean by that??
"Mountain lions! There's like two of them strapped to a cart. Apparently they tried to attack a little girl. And then a bear almost killed them. And now it's pulling them on said cart to our camp."

Oh I See.. (huffing and puffing) Anyone you know?
I regret not bringing the horses along now.. (moar huffing and pufing)..
Oh you should have put on your Ranger vest, before running off.. hindsight an all.


Kandi finally comes stumbling out of the woodland trail...
I've made it... I think..
Leaning up against a tree panting heavily..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3659
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by CyberDragon »

Roarin wrote:As they continue walking Senka glances pointedly over at the female cougar with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I can do this without being in excruciating pain." She proceeds to raise her arm and poke herself in the side a few times. "And the bear's right. No one here is going to hurt anyone else today. And that goes for everyone here." The lioness looks over at Dues. "No promises on what Kandi will do to you once you get to the vet, but I can promise you won't be killed. At least... by Kandi I dunno about the rest of the humans."
Kassandra just looked away and huffed angrily.
"Y-you're our sister!" Chris whimpered. "And you're a ranger! Can't you... at least ask them to have a little mercy?" he asked.
Roarin wrote:"Hmm?" Senka bent down a bit to watch the display happening on her phone, reaching with her paw to do a few swipes to go through the pictures. "Wow. Intense. Young miss. You were very lucky you had a friend around to protect you. And please, remember in the future. If there's no collar, it might be a mauler. You can..." She let something that sounded like a grunt as she did a small eye-roll and shook her head twice from side to side. "You can hold onto my hand or my tail if you wanna touch a mountain lion in the future. Anyways, what were you doing out here all by your lonesome? With the exception of the mouse on your head anyways. It's dangerous out here in the forest. Especially by yourself"
"She not alone." Deus said in Sally's defense. "I show her fruit orchard and garden. Not any predators for miles, normally. They too afraid of me to get near. Though, some miss memo about giant bear that not like predators hunting in territory. They get memo soon enough in similar way as lions. Not normally this brutal though. Was particularly mad that they went after child, so they get worse of rage than normal."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:She swallowed, gathering courage - a bit. "I...I was with Mis...Mister Deus," she explained. "He just... didn't, um, know there... there were Cougars near."
"Yes! Exactly." Deus said, nodding as he pulled the cart into a clearing near the camp site.

"Oh... that reminds me..." Flash said. "Best tell your ranger friend that if he has a gun, not to point it anywhere near Deus. My buddy's been shot before. The first time took out his speech, but every time since then has just made him angry."
Keeshah wrote:Oh I See.. (huffing and puffing) Anyone you know?
I regret not bringing the horses along now.. (moar huffing and pufing)..
Oh you should have put on your Ranger vest, before running off.. hindsight an all.


Kandi finally comes stumbling out of the woodland trail...
I've made it... I think..
Leaning up against a tree panting heavily..
"Oh... Too late..." Flash said as the ranger made himself visible. Though it didn't seem they had the rifle drawn.

Deus's eyes narrowed at the rifle. "Keep gun stowed away, and we not have problem." He said. He then pulled the cart carrying the injured mountain lions over to Kandi. Both of them have mild concussions, look absolutely starved half to death, both are seriously bruised and bleeding. The brother Chris has a split lip and bloody nose and more bruises than his sister. Kassandra, in addition to the injuries she shares with her brother, also has a broken arm and some broken ribs. Both need professional medical help.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14078
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I don't need any humans." Simon snorts derisively.
"...I'm not so sure this is such a good idea, Nola. Remember, he's a wild animal..."

~~~~
"Up you come, Lucky!" Piper grins, hauling her boyfriend to his feet.
"Heh, don't worry, Rudder. Leslie is well-fed. He just likes catching the mice; he'd never actually eat them." Piper says, looking the otter over, her nose twitching.
"I don't see or smell any blood. So you didn't cut yourself on the way down or land on your sword. Good." she nods, more to herself than to Rudder.
In the background she notices the husky in the eye-catching leather jacket. She's pretty sure she's seen him working in the shop opposite hers but, noticing the cords running to his ears, decides not to disturb him, focusing instead on the unfortunate pair in front of her.

~~~~
"So... What did you do?" Flynn asks quietly, putting a comforting paw on Nadia's leg.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Thomas rolled his eyes, knowing the straight line the nurse had just given Nola.
"Wild," Nola said, confirming Thomas' worst fears, "ending up here like this, he's probably livid! But, seriously, if'n we want Simon to trust us, shouldn't we trust him first?" She looked to the Fox. "And some Humes are fun to be around. Y'might even get used to this one!"
-----------------
"I...I don't w...want them hurt really," Sally told the new lady. "Just didn't want to be ate either." She fired a half solid smile up at Deus. "Mister Deus saved me."
"I think Deus just got some good publicity," Juniper told Flash. "He'll be the hero we know he is. Mouse and Bear together. Kilo would be happy."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Oh I See.. (huffing and puffing) Anyone you know?
"Yeah... about that."
CyberDragon wrote:Kassandra just looked away and huffed angrily.
"Y-you're our sister!" Chris whimpered. "And you're a ranger! Can't you... at least ask them to have a little mercy?" he asked.
"Relax. They'll not gonna kill you or anything. Especially since you didn't hurt the girl." Senka shrugs. "Humans aren't as scary once you hand around em' enough." Her eyes then narrowed into slits as she looked over at her brother. "What are you guys doing over here anyways? Weren't you guys holed up on the other side of the forest by Ma?" Senka chose this area for a reason, namely to get away from family... apparently a reunion was coming sooner than she expected...
CyberDragon wrote:"She not alone." Deus said in Sally's defense. "I show her fruit orchard and garden. Not any predators for miles, normally. They too afraid of me to get near. Though, some miss memo about giant bear that not like predators hunting in territory. They get memo soon enough in similar way as lions. Not normally this brutal though. Was particularly mad that they went after child, so they get worse of rage than normal."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:She swallowed, gathering courage - a bit. "I...I was with Mis...Mister Deus," she explained. "He just... didn't, um, know there... there were Cougars near."
"Yes! Exactly." Deus said, nodding as he pulled the cart into a clearing near the camp site.

Deus's eyes narrowed at the rifle. "Keep gun stowed away, and we not have problem." He said. He then pulled the cart carrying the injured mountain lions over to Kandi. Both of them have mild concussions, look absolutely starved half to death, both are seriously bruised and bleeding. The brother Chris has a split lip and bloody nose and more bruises than his sister. Kassandra, in addition to the injuries she shares with her brother, also has a broken arm and some broken ribs. Both need professional medical help.
Padding over to Kandi Senka nodded towards the two injured mountain lions. "They're my... mmh. Siblings I guess." She grumbled. "There anything I can do to help while you do you doctor stuff?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Ref Ref!

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3659
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I...I don't w...want them hurt really," Sally told the new lady. "Just didn't want to be ate either." She fired a half solid smile up at Deus. "Mister Deus saved me."
"I think Deus just got some good publicity," Juniper told Flash. "He'll be the hero we know he is. Mouse and Bear together. Kilo would be happy."
Deus smiled back at Sally. "Then they won't hurt more. Not by me, anyway. Promise."

"I'm sure he will get plenty of good publicity! With the video recording showing the whole fight, the local news will be all over the story!" Flash said. "Especially since Sally's brother seems to be a guy with connections. And we should totally find Kilo and tell him about this when we get the chance!"
Roarin wrote:"Relax. They'll not gonna kill you or anything. Especially since you didn't hurt the girl." Senka shrugs. "Humans aren't as scary once you hand around em' enough." Her eyes then narrowed into slits as she looked over at her brother. "What are you guys doing over here anyways? Weren't you guys holed up on the other side of the forest by Ma?" Senka chose this area for a reason, namely to get away from family... apparently a reunion was coming sooner than she expected...
"We... had to leave. There wasn't enough food to handle all of us in that area. Kassandra and I ran away and started looking for food elsewhere so Mom could have enough to survive. We... didn't have much luck." Chris explained. "Then our luck hit rock bottom in the form of a bear's fist and a ripped up oak tree... I'm starting to realize why Ma wanted us to stay on the other side of the forest..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5411
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote: Deus's eyes narrowed at the rifle. "Keep gun stowed away, and we not have problem." He said.
I take it, your the one who mauled these two?
Just stay way over there, and we wont have a problem..

Roarin wrote: "Relax. They'll not gonna kill you or anything. Especially since you didn't hurt the girl." Senka shrugs. "Humans aren't as scary once you hand around em' enough." Her eyes then narrowed into slits as she looked over at her brother. "What are you guys doing over here anyways? Weren't you guys holed up on the other side of the forest by Ma?" Senka chose this area for a reason, namely to get away from family... apparently a reunion was coming sooner than she expected...
That's nice, what are there names?
Roarin wrote:Padding over to Kandi Senka nodded towards the two injured mountain lions. "They're my... mmh. Siblings I guess." She grumbled. "There anything I can do to help while you do you doctor stuff?"

Kandi rubs Senka's scruff, then goes over to the two injured cougars..
Yeah, Keep them from biting me. an make sure the bear stays way over there..

She starts examining the cougars..
Don't worry i'm a vet. So where does it hurt?
Getting gauze an bandages out of the go bag, along with anti-septic spray. straying then binding the wounds that are bleeding.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11861
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mister..." Sally swallowed. "Mister Deus won't, um, hurt you, Miss Vet,\|" she said, "he only hurt them be...because they were going to, um, hurt me." She rubbed her arms.
"He's a hero," Juniper affirmed. "I'm told he has a few scars," the blind Mouse continued, " but that doesn't mean he's not nice."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Gameb18oy »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: The clear nerves on Lucky's face made him decide he'd swap to a lighter routine before slicing and dicing. "Hey kid, dont worry I've handled this sword during several acts, if anyone ends up hurt, 9 times out of 10 it ends up being m- WAUGH!!!" As if the universe was working to prove what Rudder was saying, a light step forward to put his paw on Lucky led to a sudden spin as his foot met banana. His legs thankfully just missed Chip as he fell, though his large thick tail ended up pinning the mouse down. The kids heard the otter groan a bit in response to the pain from the fall.
Lucky was pulled down along with Rudder. "GAAAAH!" At the very least, Lucky did have a little fortune, and eded up on top of Rudder instead of the other way around.

He slowly pushed himself to his feet. "Yep...that seems about right."
Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "'m fuhn," Chip said, pushing her way up through the tail and spitting out a bit of fur. "Can you get me out of this, Piper? Leslie would..." She glucked as the kitten swooped and picked her up.
"Gotcha agane, Missy Mowse!" he said, showing his 'prize' off to Oreo before turning a tutting Mouse over to Piper.
"...take it as a cheap chance to grab me," Chip finished. "Sorry, Mr Otter, fella. I didn't know that could happen in real life..."
Oreo Licks his chops,
Great catch! your hunting skills haf inproved
then starts scurrying around looking for more mices
"You okay there, Chip?"
-----------------
Ryyn listened quietly to Nadia. Then he glanced at Flynn to see how he was doing.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Capturing me," Chip complained to Piper as Leslie handed her over. "He only did it because an Otter fell on me! Not your fault, Mr Otter."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "An Ottur wiv swords and a Doggie," Leslie noted.
Hlaoroo wrote: "Up you come, Lucky!" Piper grins, hauling her boyfriend to his feet.
"Heh, don't worry, Rudder. Leslie is well-fed. He just likes catching the mice; he'd never actually eat them." Piper says, looking the otter over, her nose twitching.
"I don't see or smell any blood. So you didn't cut yourself on the way down or land on your sword. Good." she nods, more to herself than to Rudder.
In the background she notices the husky in the eye-catching leather jacket. She's pretty sure she's seen him working in the shop opposite hers but, noticing the cords running to his ears, decides not to disturb him, focusing instead on the unfortunate pair in front of her.
Rudder took a bit to respond, kids were always a little tricky to follow the conversations of... he just gave a light scowl to Oreo, expecting that would be enough to know the hungry look on the skunk was not something he'd support while performing for them. He then turned to the little mouse. "Well I'm just glad you're alright miss. My tail is pretty sturdy, so it honestly could have hurt you if that fall had been much worse... In fact" He put out a paw for her to get on while moving a little closer to the rabbit to look over Lucky. "Do you mind getting on so I can look you over a bit? I can't really stop a vet visit, but I can make sure there's nothing you'd need to worry about a well meaning human seeing as a reason to take either of you in." He took into account what Piper had said. ”Personally, the skunk worried me more than Leslie... are you vet’s pet as well Piper? I’m not exactly used to an animal taking note if I get hurt. It’s honestly a little odd to be experiencing.”
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper repeated the name in his head for a bit till he was sure he would remember it. His ears twitched a bit, Senka just clear enough he could hear her with his ears, but he was trying to tune that conversation out, though did keep in mind the voice reminded him mildly of Kass's, another lioness most likely. If these two ended up not liking having pictures taken of them, he'd have to find her so he could get good pics without sneaking into the zoo. "Hey Chris, why didn't you just try and get food from the human dumpsters or something? When I can't find enough berries in the forest, I find those things are a gold mine, found a cheeseburger that lasted me a week in there just on the bread alone." He looked over in the direction of Chris's sister. "By the way, you should listen to him in the future, you're kinda lucky you didn't get a claw on Sally. Humans do horrible things to my kind just for the sake of gaining knowledge... I don't imagine it be fun finding out what they'd do to you when you harm one of their own."
"You can eat anything, and require little. You're a mouse." Chris said. "We're lions. Going near human civilization is too risky, and we can't live off of garbage anyway..."

"Figured... what the humans didn't know... wouldn't kill us..." Kassandra said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You say not scary, we say pointy-teethed," Juniper said lightly. "You could ask for help, y'know?"
"I...I'd have g..given it," Sally muttered, rubbing her arms as she followed the Bear. "And I...I'm sorry, Snapper," she sniffed, managing to look the Mouse in the eye for a few seconds.
"Or... you could have... lured us into a trap... Taken us somewhere to be shot... or just used the opportunity to escape..." the lioness said, her breathing sounding labored. "Wasn't.. going to release... the bird in the hand... for the promise of... two... in the bush..."
Roarin wrote:It had been a few minutes since Senka heard the roar, but if she continued in that direction she had a hunch she would find...
"What is... uhh..." She paused at the edge of the clearing, before her. A cart, a bear, and a curious entourage... She lifted the walkie up and clicked big button on the side. "Hey, I dunno if this was the source of the noise but... I think I found a traveling circus... or something. There's a bear I've seen around the edge of town too. It's... it's' weird I'm gonna be honest." After relaying the general directions to Kandi the cougar took her wallet out of her collar and approached the unique group of travelers.

Alright alright, just like Ranger Rick taught her.
Back straight, stern but neutral expression.
Sound authoritative, but polite.

She shook her head and did a small dance from foot to foot to work herself into character.

"Hey there, excuse me!" Senka waved a paw with the walkie in it as she approached, walking out of the foliage and into the open. "Couldn't help but notice you folks out here. Is everything alri..." As the mountain lion approached her eyes scanned the group and naturally fell upon the shaken looking human and the injured and tied up cougars. Her stern looked turned confused, and then hardened as she noticed just how banged up the cats were.

Maybe, she should have waited for that rifle.
Deus stopped in his tracks when he saw the Mountain Lion. He let go of the cart, faced Senka, encouraged Sally to get behind him, and snarled. "Stand. Back. You will not hurt child!" he growled. Then he saw the wallet, the collar, and the walkie, and he suddenly recognized this Mountain lion as someone he knew. His expression relaxed, but he still held a giant paw out between the new Cougar and Sally. Can't take any chances.

When her eyes fell upon the cougars and her face hardened, Deus felt it best to explain himself before things escalated. "They try to kidnap and eat Sally. Clearly, I objected to that. This was to defend her." he said, gesturing to the badly injured lions.

"It's true!" Flash said. "Sally caught the whole thing on her phone!"

"Still." Deus continued. "Rather not have blood on claws. We take them... Ironically... to humans so they get help."

The male lion turned his head and looked Senka in the eyes, nearly knocking Snapper off. "S-sister?"

"waitwhat?"
Roarin wrote:Okay okay okay...
This, was a lot of information to take in at one time. After putting her wallet away Senka rubbed the side of head as she thought about what to do next. "Alright... One. Thing. At. A. Time."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Are you... the Cougar from th...the newspapers?"
"Probably. I mean, I don't think I've heard of any other mountain lions around town. And there were a lot of reporters around during the kidnapping mess so... probably." Wonder how they portrayed her in the papers... she did give them all a good scare. Though they deserved it.
CyberDragon wrote:Deus stopped in his tracks when he saw the Mountain Lion. He let go of the cart, faced Senka, encouraged Sally to get behind him, and snarled. "Stand. Back. You will not hurt child!" he growled. Then he saw the wallet, the collar, and the walkie, and he suddenly recognized this Mountain lion as someone he knew. His expression relaxed, but he still held a giant paw out between the new Cougar and Sally. Can't take any chances.

When her eyes fell upon the cougars and her face hardened, Deus felt it best to explain himself before things escalated. "They try to kidnap and eat Sally. Clearly, I objected to that. This was to defend her." he said, gesturing to the badly injured lions.

"It's true!" Flash said. "Sally caught the whole thing on her phone!"

"Still." Deus continued. "Rather not have blood on claws. We take them... Ironically... to humans so they get help."
"Defended her? Look I'm not gonna debate whether you did or not but these guys look like they got the snot beat out of them. And maybe a few vital organs too." Senka brought the walkie back up to her lips. "Yeah Kandi... did you bring a first aid kit with that rifle? There's a few other... me's that need patched up before they stop... living." Senka nodded her head in the general direction of where she came from. "Can we start moving them? There's a vet I know that can patch them up. And I don't wanna waste any precious time."
CyberDragon wrote:The male lion turned his head and looked Senka in the eyes, nearly knocking Snapper off. "S-sister?"

"waitwhat?"
There was a faint look of recognition in the mountain lion's expression. Followed by surprise, and then what could only be described as... stress.

Senka took a deep breath. "Hooboy. Alright. I'm gonna level with you here. I'm gonna take this one, and table that for later. Because. I'm not sure. I can deal. With that right now."

Holy mother of all dogs... what are the odds.
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally looked up at the captured female Cougar as she spoke. "Th...that's, um, f...fear," she said, very cautiously reaching a hand up to pet her in a place that wasn't close to any pointy bits. "I h...hate fear, d...don't you?"
"Don't... try to... get me to... like you, kid..." Kassandra growled with difficulty... at least until Sally started scratching her ear. Before she realized it, the lioness found herself purring with her eyes lazing shut. Once she noticed what was happening, her bloodshot eyes snapped open. "I said-" she snarled, but then was interrupted by a long series of painful coughing. Clutching her ribs once she was over, she finished. "I said... don't try... If the bear... wasn't here... you'd be filling our stomachs..." She said. "The... only thing... that's changed... is... my ability to move... You're still... food to me..."

"Shut up Kassandra!" Deus, Flash, and even Chris joined in, him being the only one to specify her name. Also, while Deus and Flash sounded irate, Chris sounded panicked. "Are you trying to get us killed? We aren't in any position to defend ourselves if they decide to put us down! Our only hope is for the humans to at least show some pity on us, but they won't do that if they think you actively see them as edible!"
Roarin wrote:"Defended her? Look I'm not gonna debate whether you did or not but these guys look like they got the snot beat out of them. And maybe a few vital organs too." Senka brought the walkie back up to her lips. "Yeah Kandi... did you bring a first aid kit with that rifle? There's a few other... me's that need patched up before they stop... living." Senka nodded her head in the general direction of where she came from. "Can we start moving them? There's a vet I know that can patch them up. And I don't wanna waste any precious time."
Deus nodded and picked up the handholds of the fruit cart again, pulling it in the direction Senka pointed. "Was just saying you safe. You need not fear me unless you try eat friend. You not try, I not be forced to protect. You civilized though. I know you not try hurt friends."
Roarin wrote:There was a faint look of recognition in the mountain lion's expression. Followed by surprise, and then what could only be described as... stress.

Senka took a deep breath. "Hooboy. Alright. I'm gonna level with you here. I'm gonna take this one, and table that for later. Because. I'm not sure. I can deal. With that right now."

Holy mother of all dogs... what are the odds.
Having heard her brother declare who the mountain lion ranger was, Kassandra turned her head as well. Her face soured. "You... How's life... as someone's property... been treating you, pet?"

"Shut UP Kassandra!" Chris said. He turned to look desperately at Senka. "Please, sister... we made a mistake... we were starving! Not a thing to eat for weeks! We aren't thinking straight! Please, don't let the humans kill us!"

"No one's gonna die." Deus snarled as he kept pulling the cart behind him on his way to the campsite. "Sally's fine. Not scratch on her. Had you hurt her, I be less certain. Then again, had you hurt her..." Deus continued, aimed more at Kassandra than Chris. "...and IF you hurt her..." he added in a low, sinister tone. "You would be chunky gravy on forest floor." he said in his standard growling voice, before finishing with another low tone. "understood?"

Kassandra cringed, knowing full well from her injuries and the fact that the bear literally tore up a tree and hit her with it like a giant bat that what Deus said was no exaggeration.
CyberDragon wrote:
Roarin wrote:As they continue walking Senka glances pointedly over at the female cougar with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I can do this without being in excruciating pain." She proceeds to raise her arm and poke herself in the side a few times. "And the bear's right. No one here is going to hurt anyone else today. And that goes for everyone here." The lioness looks over at Dues. "No promises on what Kandi will do to you once you get to the vet, but I can promise you won't be killed. At least... by Kandi I dunno about the rest of the humans."
Kassandra just looked away and huffed angrily.
"Y-you're our sister!" Chris whimpered. "And you're a ranger! Can't you... at least ask them to have a little mercy?" he asked.
Roarin wrote:"Hmm?" Senka bent down a bit to watch the display happening on her phone, reaching with her paw to do a few swipes to go through the pictures. "Wow. Intense. Young miss. You were very lucky you had a friend around to protect you. And please, remember in the future. If there's no collar, it might be a mauler. You can..." She let something that sounded like a grunt as she did a small eye-roll and shook her head twice from side to side. "You can hold onto my hand or my tail if you wanna touch a mountain lion in the future. Anyways, what were you doing out here all by your lonesome? With the exception of the mouse on your head anyways. It's dangerous out here in the forest. Especially by yourself"
"She not alone." Deus said in Sally's defense. "I show her fruit orchard and garden. Not any predators for miles, normally. They too afraid of me to get near. Though, some miss memo about giant bear that not like predators hunting in territory. They get memo soon enough in similar way as lions. Not normally this brutal though. Was particularly mad that they went after child, so they get worse of rage than normal."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:She swallowed, gathering courage - a bit. "I...I was with Mis...Mister Deus," she explained. "He just... didn't, um, know there... there were Cougars near."
"Yes! Exactly." Deus said, nodding as he pulled the cart into a clearing near the camp site.

"Oh... that reminds me..." Flash said. "Best tell your ranger friend that if he has a gun, not to point it anywhere near Deus. My buddy's been shot before. The first time took out his speech, but every time since then has just made him angry."
Keeshah wrote:Oh I See.. (huffing and puffing) Anyone you know?
I regret not bringing the horses along now.. (moar huffing and pufing)..
Oh you should have put on your Ranger vest, before running off.. hindsight an all.


Kandi finally comes stumbling out of the woodland trail...
I've made it... I think..
Leaning up against a tree panting heavily..
"Oh... Too late..." Flash said as the ranger made himself visible. Though it didn't seem they had the rifle drawn.

Deus's eyes narrowed at the rifle. "Keep gun stowed away, and we not have problem." He said. He then pulled the cart carrying the injured mountain lions over to Kandi. Both of them have mild concussions, look absolutely starved half to death, both are seriously bruised and bleeding. The brother Chris has a split lip and bloody nose and more bruises than his sister. Kassandra, in addition to the injuries she shares with her brother, also has a broken arm and some broken ribs. Both need professional medical help.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I...I don't w...want them hurt really," Sally told the new lady. "Just didn't want to be ate either." She fired a half solid smile up at Deus. "Mister Deus saved me."
"I think Deus just got some good publicity," Juniper told Flash. "He'll be the hero we know he is. Mouse and Bear together. Kilo would be happy."
Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Oh I See.. (huffing and puffing) Anyone you know?
"Yeah... about that."
CyberDragon wrote:Kassandra just looked away and huffed angrily.
"Y-you're our sister!" Chris whimpered. "And you're a ranger! Can't you... at least ask them to have a little mercy?" he asked.
"Relax. They'll not gonna kill you or anything. Especially since you didn't hurt the girl." Senka shrugs. "Humans aren't as scary once you hand around em' enough." Her eyes then narrowed into slits as she looked over at her brother. "What are you guys doing over here anyways? Weren't you guys holed up on the other side of the forest by Ma?" Senka chose this area for a reason, namely to get away from family... apparently a reunion was coming sooner than she expected...
CyberDragon wrote:"She not alone." Deus said in Sally's defense. "I show her fruit orchard and garden. Not any predators for miles, normally. They too afraid of me to get near. Though, some miss memo about giant bear that not like predators hunting in territory. They get memo soon enough in similar way as lions. Not normally this brutal though. Was particularly mad that they went after child, so they get worse of rage than normal."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:She swallowed, gathering courage - a bit. "I...I was with Mis...Mister Deus," she explained. "He just... didn't, um, know there... there were Cougars near."
"Yes! Exactly." Deus said, nodding as he pulled the cart into a clearing near the camp site.

Deus's eyes narrowed at the rifle. "Keep gun stowed away, and we not have problem." He said. He then pulled the cart carrying the injured mountain lions over to Kandi. Both of them have mild concussions, look absolutely starved half to death, both are seriously bruised and bleeding. The brother Chris has a split lip and bloody nose and more bruises than his sister. Kassandra, in addition to the injuries she shares with her brother, also has a broken arm and some broken ribs. Both need professional medical help.
Padding over to Kandi Senka nodded towards the two injured mountain lions. "They're my... mmh. Siblings I guess." She grumbled. "There anything I can do to help while you do you doctor stuff?"
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I...I don't w...want them hurt really," Sally told the new lady. "Just didn't want to be ate either." She fired a half solid smile up at Deus. "Mister Deus saved me."
"I think Deus just got some good publicity," Juniper told Flash. "He'll be the hero we know he is. Mouse and Bear together. Kilo would be happy."
Deus smiled back at Sally. "Then they won't hurt more. Not by me, anyway. Promise."

"I'm sure he will get plenty of good publicity! With the video recording showing the whole fight, the local news will be all over the story!" Flash said. "Especially since Sally's brother seems to be a guy with connections. And we should totally find Kilo and tell him about this when we get the chance!"
Roarin wrote:"Relax. They'll not gonna kill you or anything. Especially since you didn't hurt the girl." Senka shrugs. "Humans aren't as scary once you hand around em' enough." Her eyes then narrowed into slits as she looked over at her brother. "What are you guys doing over here anyways? Weren't you guys holed up on the other side of the forest by Ma?" Senka chose this area for a reason, namely to get away from family... apparently a reunion was coming sooner than she expected...
"We... had to leave. There wasn't enough food to handle all of us in that area. Kassandra and I ran away and started looking for food elsewhere so Mom could have enough to survive. We... didn't have much luck." Chris explained. "Then our luck hit rock bottom in the form of a bear's fist and a ripped up oak tree... I'm starting to realize why Ma wanted us to stay on the other side of the forest..."
For most of the exchange Snapper was clutching his ears. Usually his strong ears were a blessing, but right now his head felt like it was bursting from all the yelling... he heard enough though to make a few observations though. He considered telling them to Senka as she was walking away. He looked back at Chris, and decided it be a smart move, though most people would likely disagree with him. He started to dash off, beginning to climb up onto the large and more strong looking cat's tail, starting to talk as he tried to climb up closer to her ears. "Senka was it? So you're related to those two? Guess I can see the family resemblance, bet you're great in front of a camera. I dont know how much of a voice you have here-" He stopped talking as Senka's tail involuntarily moved a bit... then resumed, making good progress and getting easier to hear as he scaled her back. "But if you want to do anything, might I make a suggestion? Your brother be easier to argue for. Sure you can tell he's really trying to be on his best behavior while your sister is only making things worse. If you can't make things better for her, just see if you can help out Chris for now, I actually heard the plans to attack Sally, and while I'll spare you the details, it was all Kass's idea, doubt you want to pick favorites, but you can more easily make things easier for one of them than both of them. I'll mention what I heard if it helps you out any
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Got it”. Senka nods, following behind the vet over to the two injured mountain lions. Glancing over at Deus she positioned herself between the bear and her owner, before her attention to Chris.

Look, we’re not even supposed to be in the same territory once we grew up. Ma said to only help each other in emergencies. Which... okay I guess this counts.” Senka never personally understood the bond between her brother and sister... she was definitely the most independent of the three. Though, now that she was spending all this time around humans. She saw the benefits of camaraderie.
She grumbled again. “Alright well regardless you’re alive. And I guess that’s definitely better than seeing you guys dead.” Was there some relief in her voice? Maybe. “We’ll figure things out one step at a time. For now Kandi here’s gonna get you patched up. Oh yeah, and umm. My name is Senka now so... you should probably start calling me that.”

Feeling something start to crawl up her body Senka twisted and turned around, trying her best to see. After listening to the small mouse she gently reached behind her and scooped the mouse up and placed him on the top of her head.
Well, I’d like to avoid favoritism at all. If it got back to Ma she’d probably skin me alive... but.” Senka paused for a few thoughtful seconds. “Tell me if you think it’ll help.”
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Ref Ref!

Post Reply