Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

furrygamer793

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by furrygamer793 »

So actually, I have a character that I want to use that I've had in the back of my head
Name: Brad Skye
Codename: Prodigi (this codename is a play on words. a mix of the words prodigy, because he is special, (superpowers) and prodigious, huge.)
Color: Bold Italic Bright Green
Type: Main
Species: Zevian
Neighborhood: Beacon of Hope
Powers: Shrinking and growing, usually growing, hence the codename, but he does it based on feelings, shrinking during feelings like shock, fright, and other feelings where one would freeze up; and grows during feelings like happiness or anger, where one makes quick decisions. the largest he has gotten ever was Two hundred seventy miles, which was very hard for him to maintain. He can see UV and IR light, but that is natural to all Zevians
Weakness: His powers go wonky when exposed to most toxins and an accident tied him permanently to his dog, meaning if he is more than two miles away from his dog, he will get a nasty fever, his powers will stop working completely, and a horrible migraine starts.
Appearance: he has brown hair, red eyes, light skin, and always wears a blue and green jumpsuit. He stands (when not resized) at 6'1". He has a slightly skinny build.
Personality: While smart, he is slightly narcissistic and prideful, not to mention that he is the biggest nerd in all of Zevian. He loves having competition because, as he says, failure makes character, even though he has never failed (that the public knows about). He is quite paranoid about what he eats as to make sure his powers don't go out of hand, so he only eats mangos and meat.
Other notes: He cannot wear any clothes besides his jumpsuit because when he resizes, his clothes don't resize with him, so if he grows, he looks like a non-green incredible hulk with his shirt breaking and when he shrinks, he- well- you get the idea, his jumpsuit is specially made to be airtight so he can put on a mask and survive in space, and it can help him with resizing by taking and utilizing Prodigious-Radiation, which is what shrinks and grows him, to resize his jumpsuit and his gargantuan-mech (his dog transforms into it)
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats:
Strength: 7
Perception: 7
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 4
Luck: 4
Powers: 8
(I will post his dog's sheet next)
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you may as well have made his size cap infinity. the result is functionally the same.

actually you should probably make the size cap less than the max distance of the bond with his pet, otherwise the dog maintaining the minimum distance necessary to avoid being stepped on when he's big will kill him.

also the way the special system works, stats of 1 or 0 indicate a partial or complete disability, so agility 1 would mean southing's wrong with his basic mobility. he'd probably need a leg brace, cane, or wheelchair to move normally.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:the way the special system works, stats of 1 or 0 indicate a partial or complete disability, so agility 1 would mean southing's wrong with his basic mobility. he'd probably need a leg brace, cane, or wheelchair to move normally.
thanks, I changed that.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hawkfang42 wrote:So actually, I have a character that I want to use that I've had in the back of my head
Codename: Prodigi (this codename is a play on words. a mix of the words prodigy, because he is special, (superpowers) and prodigious, huge.)
Powers: Shrinking and growing, usually growing, hence the codename, but he does it based on feelings, shrinking during feelings like shock, fright, and other feelings where one would freeze up; and grows during feelings like happiness or anger, where one makes quick decisions. the largest he has gotten ever was Graham's number feet, inside of a pocket dimension while testing out his powers
Weakness: His powers go wonky when exposed to most toxins and an accident tied him permanently to his dog, meaning if he is more than two miles away from his dog, he will get a nasty fever, his powers will stop working completely, and a horrible migraine starts.
Appearance: he has brown hair, red eyes, light skin, and always wears a blue and green jumpsuit.
Personality: While smart, he is very narcissistic and prideful, not to mention that he is the biggest nerd in all of Zevian. He loves having competition because, as he says, failure makes character, even though he has never failed (that the public knows about). He likes hot chocolate, but only dark chocolate supreme.
Other notes: He cannot wear any clothes besides his jumpsuit because when he resizes, his clothes don't resize with him, so if he grows, he looks like a non-green incredible hulk with his shirt breaking and when he shrinks, he- well- you get the idea, his jumpsuit is specially made to be airtight so he can put on a mask and survive in space, and it can help him with resizing by taking and utilizing Prodigious-Radiation, which is what shrinks and grows him, to resize his jumpsuit and his gargantuan-mech (his dog transforms into it)
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats:
Strength: 8
Luck: 1
Powers: 10

So let's go through this step by step.

First thing is, this is an interesting character in concept, but it needs a lot of work.

The power is the first thing that needs adjusting. As it stands, being able to grow to that kind of size puts him way beyond the amount of power that is allowed for player characters. That's not just world tier, that's end-the-universe-with-his-existence tier. That level of power is not allowed, and so his power needs to be reduced to prevent godmoding. (Fact: The overpowered nature of the NPC Champions in the game is part of the game's "immune system." They exceed the maximum allowed power for Player Characters so if a player starts godmoding or going rogue, the NPCs will react and bring them back on track, or, if needed, remove them from the game.) I agree with Buster that his maximum size should be less than the maximum distance he can be from his dog.

Second issue is the personality. Narcissists are not the kind of person who would join or do well in an altruistic help-others-first type of group like the Champions. His personality should at least allow for something that would motivate him to follow the champion rules and the altruistic goal of the group.

Third, his weakness is that if he goes too far away from his dog he starts loosing his powers. However, if his dog can turn into a mech that I presume he can pilot and that appears to change size with him, then he will never end up being far enough away from his dog, and there would be no way for a villain or NPC to exploit that weakness. Again, weaknesses are an important part of the game's "immune system."

Next, his luck stat. With a luck of one, he will be constantly tripping over himself, getting hit by tons of attacks, and even getting hit by things that weren't aiming for him. A luck stat of 1 is devastatingly unlucky, and might hinder his ability to do things.

My suggestion as a place to start would be to bump down your power stat a couple of points and put them into luck. It would mean the character can't become planet sized, but honestly there is never going to be a situation where becoming the size of a planet will be needed.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i'm surprised you're complaining about the weaknesses, since it's functionally the same set as Kobor/Talya; heightened susceptibility to chemical/biological attacks, and dependence on their partner character. is it just because Brad is a tier 10 instead of a tier 6 or is there more to it?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Kobor and Talya also don't have a potentially world-breaking power. The more powerful the character, the more picky I am about the weakness.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

ah gotcha.
also looks like hawk has been making some edits. the stats are different and the size is down to about Jupiter-ish sized from functionally infinity.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Still way too big. If he is bigger than Earth, it's too big. Heck, if he's bigger than asia, it's too big. Tier 8 growth power would max out at I'd say the length of Missouri, or about 300 miles.

This is assuming he has no other powers, and also he would have to experience some sort of complication that would prevent him from maintaining that sort of size.

He would also find himself nerfed big time by power limiters while inside of the actual ship, the Beacon of Hope. There is no way Hivemind would let him grow to such a size inside his space ship.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay.
Rp characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Apparently I'm to ask if anyone knows anything about Hobomancer. So, consider yourselves all asked. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Apparently I'm to ask if anyone knows anything about Hobomancer. So, consider yourselves all asked. ^^
I know he has a sense of humour and looks like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards. He can ask higher powers to help lost spirits and can help reattach lost tails. He also seems to be able to either teleport to and from the beacon or between planets as needed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

He's also apparently in Heaven and bakes pies for the spirits there.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay, time to get to the dog's character sheet
Name:Ken Skye
Codename: nonexistent (who gives pets codenames?)
Color: Cyan
Type: Secondary, I think
Breed & species: Inanimorphic Zevian Rottweiler Dog
Powers: Being inanimorphic, he can transform into inanimate objects including, but not limited to: a motorcycle, a rock, a mech suit, and a sticky note. He can perceive a wider wavelength of light (UV and IR) (Natural to Zevians)
Weakness: Dog whistles, they make him turn back into a dog (if not already) and run off. If he leaves a two mile radius with his master, he will get terribly sick and his powers will not work, (slightly more details on the sickness on my other person's character sheet.
Appearance: Similar to most Rottweilers, he has mostly black fur with some brown parts. He a blue collar and blue eyes. he is usually blue with black accents when transformed. Unlike normal Zevian animals, he stands on all four legs at 2'7"
Personality: While most of his personality is unknown due to him not being able to speak, he is very energetic and loves fries.
Other notes: when transformed he can still use his five senses.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats:
Strength: 6
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 8
Luck: 7
Powers: 6
Edit: I changed the neighborhood to beacon of hope as to not annoy cyber anymore
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bacon of Hope?

HOW IS THAT NOT A SANDWICH ON THE SHIP??
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hawkfang42 wrote:So actually, I have a character that I want to use that I've had in the back of my head
Powers: Shrinking and growing, usually growing, hence the codename, but he does it based on feelings, shrinking during feelings like shock, fright, and other feelings where one would freeze up; and grows during feelings like happiness or anger, where one makes quick decisions. the largest he has gotten ever was Two hundred seventy miles, which was very hard for him to maintain.
Appearance: he has brown hair, red eyes, light skin, and always wears a blue and green jumpsuit.
Personality: While smart, he is slightly narcissistic and prideful, not to mention that he is the biggest nerd in all of Zevian. He loves having competition because, as he says, failure makes character, even though he has never failed (that the public knows about). He likes hot chocolate, but only dark chocolate supreme.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats:
Strength: 7
Luck: 4
Powers: 8
Ok, so let's look at the changes.

The size I believe is acceptable for a hyper-tier character of power level 8. However, I reserve the right to have you reduce his maximum size in the future if it becomes a problem. Use this character's power wisely and carefully, and if I ask you to change your post because it might cause unwanted effects, you must be willing to do so. And remember, no godmoding.
Hawkfang42 wrote:Okay, time to get to the dog's character sheet
Name:Ken Skye
Codename: nonexistent (who gives pets codenames?)
Color: Cyan
Type: Secondary, I think
Breed & species: Inanimorphic Zevian Rottweiler Dog
Powers: Being inanimorphic, he can transform into inanimate objects including, but not limited to: a motorcycle, a rock, a mech suit, and a sticky note.
Weakness: Dog whistles, they make him turn back into a dog (if not already) and run off. If he leaves a two mile radius with his master, he will get terribly sick and his powers will not work, (slightly more details on the sickness on my other person's character sheet.
Appearance: Similar to most Rottweilers, he has mostly black fur with some brown parts. He a blue collar and blue eyes. he is usually blue with black accents when transformed.
Personality: While most of his personality is unknown due to him not being able to speak, he is very energetic and loves fries.
Other notes: when transformed he can still use his five senses.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats:
Strength: 6
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 8
Luck: 7
Powers: 6
So to make sure you understand the power level, I want to emphasize that transformation of power level 6 means that anything he turns into is equivalent in power to no more than power level 6. Power, which is exponentially less powerful than an 8. So already, he wouldn't be able to turn into anything larger than a 4 to 6 story building. If what he turns into is a weapon, then that limit is smaller. The mech suit at power level 6 could at most be 40-50 feet tall if it has any actual weapons on it.

As long as that is clear, then I will ask how you want these characters to be introduced?
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Bacon of Hope?

HOW IS THAT NOT A SANDWICH ON THE SHIP??
I am sure that it is a sandwich on the ship. There are plenty of sandwich shops, I'm sure one is owned by someone with a weakness for puns.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I kind of want them to be introduced by just going straight to the beacon because it's quicker.

And so I don't show up like EVERYONE else I do.
Edit: Just a thought, should there be a limit on shrinking?
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Re: Non HPU: Bocoblin Hoops OOC

Post by Buster »

probably.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Originally I thought not on the limit for shrinking, but then I thought about it more and realized that reality and logic pretty much breaks down once you get small enough, so I'm going to say yes there is a limit to how small you can go. For a tier 8, we'll say about .05 millimeters, or the size of a small Tardigrade (Water Bear). For tier 6, the dog would be able to go to about an inch, or a little smaller than a wasp.

As for where to join, it would probably be best if he joined by either arriving at the Beacon in a ship, or by already being on the Beacon.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Re: Non HPU: Bourbon Of *Hic* OOC

Post by Buster »

any chance we can get more info on what make Zevians distinct? the origional of your trio is a bad example due to hybrid physiology, and the current one has a bit of a generic description as if we're supposed to already know that species default body shape...
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

they pretty much look like humans.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

we talking Rubber Forehead Aliens, minor odd features, impossible skin tones, strange hair and eyes, or full-on boring HumanAliens?

are they a different range of sizes as us? any instances of Bizarre Alien Biology at play? appearance or attire differences due to culture? something?

cause so far every alien race introduced has either been truly alien, definitely not a fantasy monster as an alien race (see Slimes & Lizardmen), or a way of justifying furries being in a non-furry setting (heck we have all three types too; Celicans are the 'bipedal animal' type, jenny and kolt are 'fur covered almost-human' type, and i think one of the former characters was a 'human with animal bits tacked on' type.)

the setting allows for a lot of variety, given most of the observable universe is mapped. that's a LOT of space to play in, so don't hold back, go nuts get creative! :D
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Definitely strange eyes, in both color and perception, they can see UV and IR, and their eye colors are more likely to be warm colors.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So I made an aspect alignment chart. I think some of you might find it interesting.

-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

if they had influence where Kobor comes from, Animo would likely be the patron deity to a VAST majority of the Anraki Kurii & Roki then, considering how much of their culture is built around The Hunt.

Kinda hard to accuse folks of being cowards when millions every cycle volunteer (except for that one human ship that didn't know what the boundary markers for the hunting grounds were and just blundered in, but that was centuries ago) for an event that is probably going to get them killed, they're well aware of said mortality odds, and spend years training in the hope of taking part anyway.

Sapientia and Cognitonis would probably have little influence outside the core worlds, as colonial and frontier citizens tend to be concerned more with 'am i going to still be alive this time next week' or 'did the the atmosphere controller seriously break again?!' and less scholarly or philosophical pursuits.

The triplets would probably LOVE the Stellar Frontier. Occidendium too. Space piracy, marauder raids, and 'frontier justice'!
Cupidas would get along wonderfully with the Kaal and Roka.
Odium would probably be having a field day with the whole never-ending Kaal/Ghrakkal cold-war thing going on. or the survivors of skyr gene harvests. or the tensions between some of the races colonies and their core worlds...

that world's version of Pax is just flat out dead.

the dead god aside, Diligitis would be the weakest of all of them there. i call that place a 'high functioning distopia' for a reason, sure the core worlds are safe and civilized nanotech age 'glitterworlds', but they make up about a 15th of colonial space, and the galactic power they support is a military. one that doesn't even hide that fact in the slightest, The Aliance don't pretend to have a government overseeing them at all, the admiralty effectively are the defacto government. Meanwhile, the colonies range from 'planet wide vacation spot' to something out of a cyberpunk novel and exist to either 'prop up' the core's energy needs (fuel being one of the few things they can't just synthesize), or cater to core worlders other desires, then the frontier (which covers about 200x as many lightyears as the core worlds) is made up of worlds that broke away from the aliance's rules, failed to be a viable colony, or were forgotten, and are a magnet for raiding, piracy, and mercenary pursuits, with the Corsairs who are technically a P.M.C. of vigilante bounty hunters being the closest thing to law enforcement out there.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Diligitis is definitely the most powerful Aspect in this universe. First, he's got a Meta-Avatar. A Meta-Avatar has to be so completely devoted to the concept the Aspect is associated with, the Aspect could theoretically sustain itself and remain influential on their Meta-Avatar alone. Next, he's the patron of heroes, of which there are a ton thanks to the Champions. Third, he is definitely a cheater who will utilize sort of cosmic loopholes and chess-master strategies if it means helping or protecting mortals from harm (as discussed earlier, and also why he's Chaotic Good. "Screw the rules, I'm doing this because I love them and want them to be happy) and often that means sort of "stealing" them from demonic aspects (one way he does this is by claiming not only those who love, but also the ones they love in order to protect the ones who love from falling into despair. The trick? His mortal avatar loves everybody. The other aspects were not happy when he tried pulling that one. :lol:).

Pax is definitely the weakest in this universe too. Pax though is one of the few aspects who honestly likes Diligitis. (In hindsight, Pax should be Neutral and Sapientia should be for Order).

Cupiditas definitely would love the Kaal. In fact, he does "love" the Kaal. That's why he tried to tempt them. Other than, you know, they were trying to keep him from getting an avatar. Cupiditas is considered the patron of Predators and Parasites. Thieves and Politicians. Unjust law and cruel contracts tend to fall in his domain as well.

I have to go to sleep so I can't talk more about them, but I'll leave an updated chart with Pax and Sapientia switched.

-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I understand the aesthetics of keeping the RP moving smoothly along but the last couple of applicants to join the Champions seem to have been done in the manner of a Country club where they just stroll up and ask to join. I mean the original group had, I thought, had to fill in application forms and prove themselves and later arrivals tended to start proving themselves to the group before asking to join. Wish I'd known about the 'just ask' approach(!)

Seriously, though, I know it's mainly to keep things moving.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well, Hivemind knows Hawk and knows he's physically capable. He's going to put him through field tests. There will probably also be paperwork.

Brad is going to have to prove himself before he will be considered for the Champions. Hivemind doesn't just take anyone who walks up and asks.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Well, Hivemind knows Hawk and knows he's physically capable. He's going to put him through field tests. There will probably also be paperwork.

Brad is going to have to prove himself before he will be considered for the Champions. Hivemind doesn't just take anyone who walks up and asks.
Always paperwork :P
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

do you have all your permits in order?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If anyone is wondering, Skye and Loch Leathan are real, although obviously the estate itself doesn't exist in the real world. The boy's land would be on the left in this photo, extending from the shore upwards into the hills.
It's not a big loch but it is picturesque. ^^ You can see why the boys missed it.
skye.PNG
skye.PNG (695.77 KiB) Viewed 21345 times
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

In case anyone was wondering, there's a canon reason why Gear's accent is inconsistent. When he ran the resort, he didn't want to be identified. The mech attack was one reason why. Anyway, he adopted a fake accent to help with that, but he's a sniper not a spy. He's not an expert at faking an accent. Over time though, the weird, inconsistent manner of speaking he adopted just sort of became his regular speech.

Though the real reason his accent is so inconsistent and bad is because I have no idea how to write a southern accent. XP
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Heh. Ironically the very thing he used to confuse his identity became that which was most identifying about him. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH...!

I'm just realizing that a trip to the museum means I have to come up with a museum's worth of historical lore by my next post. A post which I'm writing right now.

All lore introduced in the next post is subject to retcon if I feel it doesn't make sense later on.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote: "YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE, YOU ******* *******!" He shouted
I don't doubt it.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Oh, Predator is totally 100% messing with the guard there. :lol:
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Re: L33t: B34con 0f H0p3 00C

Post by furrygamer793 »

Quick question, are vehicles allowed in the Beacon of Hope
    Rp characters
    CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Most vehicles are automated on the Beacon of Hope, but Hivemind doesn't really have any specific rules against them as long as the driver has a license.
    -Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny has a motorbike.

Keeva and Dan have a busted car that they're working to fix when they get time.
    Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
    Kilo
    Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
    Leslie
    furrygamer793

Re: L33t: b4c0n 0f h0p3 00C

Post by furrygamer793 »

Me: super long quote and then a single sentence of my character
    Rp characters
    Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It’s been a little bit since I’ve asked all of you a question your characters and I’m feeling curious. What’s a minor detail about your characters that you don’t think will ever make it into the main thread? As usual, I’ll go first.
    Kolt’s family is actually really rich, since his dad is the creator of a very popular snack food on Concertia (imagine a potato chip/crisp, except it’s sweat instead of salty).
    Quint really likes spicy food, since he’s fascinated by the pain and heat it causes.
    When he thinks no one is looking, Lewis likes to indulge his childish side by messing around with some of his toys and pretend he can morph.
    Liz actually really wants a model Lego city she can mess around with, but feels she’s too busy to ever actually build it.
    Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?