HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:The two cats stare at the fox and then turn back to the gorilla.
"Ve are going to die." Sasha deadpans.
"Bah!" the fox produced a transparent disk, which he popped open into a glass and then spat the fire into it. "This trick i can explain. The 'candy' is made of a gelatin containing the combustible mix. Once the gelatine is popped open, the trick is to make sure it coats the mouth, just fast enough as the air starts the reaction. You could coat your fur with the protective gel and get all the protection while the flame does the magic! It's easy!"
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Ilya's jaw drops but he soon recovers and remembers his manners.
"Sank you, my lord!" he exclaims, getting to work. Soon the baby is once again happily snoozing in his mother's arms.
"How ve can repay you for your kindness, my lord?" Arina asks sincerely.
The tiny dragon made a dismissive gesture. "Nonsense, my children! I am an all-powerful entity, what use would I be if i didn't engage in small favors? Taking care of your family will be enough of a reward, in my eye."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"oh, I'm not afraid to get a little dirty," Levi said, slightly suggestively. "and it's always good to eat after."
"The good thing is, there's a lot of camaraderie going along. On a ship, especially a fishermen's ship, there's no 'owner' thing. We are all equal in this regard, but you are supposed to work hard your way up, hm?"
"Papa used to be the beeeest fisherdog," Reginald intervened. "No one will beat him on that!"
---
Roarin wrote:"Someone could always use a good guarddog. Maybe a mascot for the coast guard even? There's always bad people out there, and if this island is your pirate cove you have to keep the baddies out."
"That ah will, SIR!" Bart saluted smartly, then pointed at the exit. "There! You must take a lot of stairs up, but I guess you'll want to eat something first, right?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Zat is so cool!" Sasha enthuses.
"It still looks dangerous, I sink. Vould be easy to burn yourself." Dinara opines.

~~~~~~~~
"Sank you! You are very generous!" Arina smiles, instinctively reaching forward to scritch the little dragon behind his ears. She freezes mid-scritch as soon as her mind catches up with her body and quickly drops her hand, embarrassed.
"I am sorry! Zat vas far too forward of me!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Zat is so cool!" Sasha enthuses.
"It still looks dangerous, I sink. Vould be easy to burn yourself." Dinara opines.
"You are right. The trick works if you do it for no longer than a couple of minutes, then the rest of the show is about quenching the fire and not making it look as if you're eager to do it. Them wolves want to see you pay *respect* to the fire, after all. And we happen to be equipped to help you out, if yer game." Loki winked at them.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sank you! You are very generous!" Arina smiles, instinctively reaching forward to scritch the little dragon behind his ears. She freezes mid-scritch as soon as her mind catches up with her body and quickly drops her hand, embarrassed.
"I am sorry! Zat vas far too forward of me!"
In response, Hubert rubbed his head against her hand. "MMmmm, don't stop to adore your god, mortal. I like it this way. Gods who are all ceremonies and pomps can be so boring."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You sink my act is not respectful already?" Sasha asks, concerned.

~~~~~~~~
"Vell, if you insist." Arina smiles, passing Feliks to Ilya so she can scritch Hubert properly.
"Zere are lot of people who scritch you zen, my lord?" she asks playfully.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"The good thing is, there's a lot of camaraderie going along. On a ship, especially a fishermen's ship, there's no 'owner' thing. We are all equal in this regard, but you are supposed to work hard your way up, hm?"
"Papa used to be the beeeest fisherdog," Reginald intervened. "No one will beat him on that!"
"Well I'm not gonna be able to challenge his fisherdog title," Levi said. "But I can try to be a great fishercat," He proclaimed, flexing his arm. "...If that weren't already a different species."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You sink my act is not respectful already?" Sasha asks, concerned.
"You two are good. but you must do better. In this job, after all, no one ever really reaches perfection, right?" And the fox winked at them.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Vell, if you insist." Arina smiles, passing Feliks to Ilya so she can scritch Hubert properly.
"Zere are lot of people who scritch you zen, my lord?" she asks playfully.
His tail actually bumped as he let out a contented hiss. "Ahhh, uh? Uhh, nohmmm...Not enough. I must usually ask them to. They find it unrespectfuuuuhhlll! But you're a natural, mortal, ever met other dragons?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"<Nyet.>* You have honour of being first. I did once have pet cat zough. I sink is almost same sing." Arina jokes.

~~~~~~~~
"Da, zis is true. If you sink you are perfect zen you are complacent and is very dangerous to be complacent in circus. Especially vhen you play viz fire." Sasha agrees.

*Nyet = no
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, that's that, say horses, let's spice this trip home up a bit with a race home eh?" Luke said, then, without warning.

"Three, two, one, GO! Het het het!" He said, slapping the horse's sides with his reigns.

Amber bolted up.

"Well Boomer, wanna show the boys a thing or two?" She said, gripping her reigns waiting for the horse to bolt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mantauq stood there quietly for a moment or two.

"Why, may I ask, am I being released?" He stated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do apologize for my intrusion into your privacy, Anubis. However, I was merely taking the role of what is traditionally held among the female divine as a matchmaker. I was not intending to force you to go for someone of my design, rather, I was trying to help you win someone you were already interested in. I meant no malicious intent by it," Monique said.

"I use copies since that is the easiest thing for me to do. I can sit on top of the island and control each as I am asked of. Since my spirit does not fill the island I am forced to use copies. I will attempt to take your advice concerning the matter," Monique continued.

"The most important job a demigoddess has, Kritaros, is to serve her patron god however they wish of them. Lord Hubert gave me no structure or order to follow other than his word alone. The two of you were, not included in my chain of command. If this sort of thing were to be 'just expected' here then do forgive me I am a foreigner and new to all this. I apologize for giving the two of you greater respect," Monique finished.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khun stopped to think a moment.

"Well, yeah, that'd be nice but, how on earth are we going to get food down here?" He asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"<Nyet.>* You have honour of being first. I did once have pet cat zough. I sink is almost same sing." Arina jokes.
"Your wish is my command, mortal." and *poof* in the place of the tiny reptilian there was now a bluish cat with golden eyes.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Da, zis is true. If you sink you are perfect zen you are complacent and is very dangerous to be complacent in circus. Especially vhen you play viz fire." Sasha agrees.
"What was you most dangerous performarnce?" the fox asked, while slowly the forest started thickening around the convoy
---
xhunterko wrote:"Well, that's that, say horses, let's spice this trip home up a bit with a race home eh?" Luke said, then, without warning.
"Three, two, one, GO! Het het het!" He said, slapping the horse's sides with his reigns.
Amber bolted up.
"Well Boomer, wanna show the boys a thing or two?" She said, gripping her reigns waiting for the horse to bolt.
The ground trembled under the beasts' powerful strides. "Why not, my friend? He's built stronger, but he also forgets he's heavier, so hold up tight!" And in a few gallops, Boomer caught up with Botticelli...before breezing past him!
---
xhunterko wrote:Mantauq stood there quietly for a moment or two.
"Why, may I ask, am I being released?" He stated.
The wolf stepped forward. "Sir, you are being released because we so decided. Before today, the human was delegated as highest mortal authority on Tricana. Now that our Tribe has been granted its former role, we are the justices with the help of the Netherworld and the Heavens. And we find your...misdemeanor just such. Nothing worth imprisonment. Especially since Mr. Spencers, as the first offender, should have at worst asked for a honor fight."
Spencers nodded and extended his hand. "You have my most sincere apologies. Is there anything I can do for you in repair?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Khun stopped to think a moment.
"Well, yeah, that'd be nice but, how on earth are we going to get food down here?" He asked.
[/quote]
Bart stopped to think about that. "We-ell, rabbits make their own food, but ah am pretty sure ya won't loike it, soooo...guess we bettah go up and-"
And *poof* they *were* up. For the precision, in front of the city's pantry! A hall as big as the Red Square of Moscow...filled with food! All sorts of food, in the most delicious-looking, aromatic piles, from grains to dried fruits, dried meats, preserves...
<You're welcome,> said a familiar voice inside their heads. <But enough treasure-hunting, or next time you'll realize first hand what the rabbits mean for 'food', mortals.>
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well I'm not gonna be able to challenge his fisherdog title," Levi said. "But I can try to be a great fishercat," He proclaimed, flexing his arm. "...If that weren't already a different species."
"Ever been on a ship at all?" Alyse asked
Last edited by valerio on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Arina almost squeals as she envelops the fuzzy feline in a tight hug.
"Oooh! You are so cute! I could just take you home viz me!" she smiles.
"Careful you do not strangle him, Mílaya*" Ilya jokes.

*Milaya= honey

~~~~~~~~
"Hmm. Probably vhen I juggle knives and fire togezzer vhile riding unicycle." Sasha says after a moment.
"I am not so good viz unicycle. And in zis act Dinara srows me ze knives and batons. If I time it wrong, can end very badly."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote: "Ever been on a ship at all?" Alyse asked
"Not a fishing one," the cat replied. "but I did come here on a ship. and I'd been on a few before that."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Khun stopped to think a moment.
Bart stopped to think about that. "We-ell, rabbits make their own food, but ah am pretty sure ya won't loike it, soooo...guess we bettah go up and-"
And *poof* they *were* up. For the precision, in front of the city's pantry! A hall as big as the Red Square of Moscow...filled with food! All sorts of food, in the most delicious-looking, aromatic piles, from grains to dried fruits, dried meats, preserves...
<You're welcome,> said a familiar voice inside their heads. <But enough treasure-hunting, or next time you'll realize first hand what the rabbits mean for 'food', mortals.>
Flint's eyes grew wide as he looked about at all the food around him. Hesitantly he took a strip of dried meat off of one of the piles and sniffed it dubiously before chomping half of the stick in his mouth, his eyes lighting up in delight. "Holy howl! Scratch transformation if you can teach me how to teleport wherever I want I'll be happy for life!" The dog made for a plate and began piling on food like a stray that had just been let into an all-you-can-eat buffet.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Arina almost squeals as she envelops the fuzzy feline in a tight hug.
"Oooh! You are so cute! I could just take you home viz me!" she smiles.
"Careful you do not strangle him, Mílaya*" Ilya jokes.
"Nevermind the meddling human, mortal," the cat purred. "Your God commands you: Squeeze harder."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm. Probably vhen I juggle knives and fire togezzer vhile riding unicycle." Sasha says after a moment.
"I am not so good viz unicycle. And in zis act Dinara srows me ze knives and batons. If I time it wrong, can end very badly."
Loki did look interested at that. "Knives and fire, eh? have you ever tried juggling will-o-the-whisps?"
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Not a fishing one," the cat replied. "but I did come here on a ship. and I'd been on a few before that."
"Well, if won't get seasick on your first day of work, it'll be a start. This is mostly a human affair, you see. These people claim themselves to descend from the early human inhabitants that came from Brasil, escapees from the Portoguese religious persecutions. A very proud and reserved bunch, they have nothing against the Divinity, but they claim to be no one's servant. They were neutral during the Tribal Wars, and in fact shared their catches with all parts, provided they respected a strict no-weapons policy."
---
Roarin wrote:Flint's eyes grew wide as he looked about at all the food around him. Hesitantly he took a strip of dried meat off of one of the piles and sniffed it dubiously before chomping half of the stick in his mouth, his eyes lighting up in delight. "Holy howl! Scratch transformation if you can teach me how to teleport wherever I want I'll be happy for life!" The dog made for a plate and began piling on food like a stray that had just been let into an all-you-can-eat buffet.
"You know," said a gruff voice behind them. "It's a polite thing to ask at least for permission before plundering the Common Pantry."
The voice of a Lycaon. An elder specimen at that, with specks of white fur around the muzzle and the ears. But he still looked as if he could put up a fight. "What yer name? How did ya get here?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Arina laughs and shrugs.
"I am yours to command, my lord." she grins, squeezing as tightly as she can.

~~~~~~~~
"Nyet. Vhat is zat?" Sasha queries, shaking his head. "I sought vas just somesing from ghost stories."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Arina laughs and shrugs.
"I am yours to command, my lord." she grins, squeezing as tightly as she can.
"Ahhmmmrr...this is what I call a divine treatment. Living here, mortals, you will discover that, unlike in most of world's societies, the native population of Zilnawa really appreciates physical contact, from youngsters to elders. You won't have to fear any embarrassment when it comes to a gesture of affection."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Nyet. Vhat is zat?" Sasha queries, shaking his head. "I sought vas just somesing from ghost stories."
The gorilla sighed, rolling her eyes, knowing that by now that sly fox had them in his padded paws.
Loki said, "Well, technically the 'Whisps are the gas flames from the swamps' methane. They were believed to be the soul of those who died in those places, or something like that.
"Well, on this island we don't have swamps, but we do have the Whisps." His voice became that of an ominous narrator. "They are the manifestations of the war's fallen warriors, who couldn't transmigrate neither to heavens nor to the Underworld. Those restless spirits are said to wander every night throughout the island, throughout the endless battlefield of once, searching for those who will guide them to their final destination, for their curse was not to be rewarded for what they had inflicted upon themselves in the name of greed..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I sink you do not get many hugs, do you, my lord? You are very snugglesome! Er... Zis is right vord?"

~~~~~~~~
"But how can you juggle spirits? Surely zey cannot even be touched?" Dinara objects.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I sink you do not get many hugs, do you, my lord? You are very snugglesome! Er... Zis is right vord?"
"Let us say it is. And i do get a lot of them, but humans tend to be so...conflictual. Those who won't run away screaming will fall into adoration mode and won't even dare look at me."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"But how can you juggle spirits? Surely zey cannot even be touched?" Dinara objects.
In answer, Loki leaned even closer until he could stare them in the eyes. "Oh, Whisps can choose to...join the fun, if they feel like it. It is just incredibly dangerous should they decide you are not playing it right...and that is whyyy..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Well, if won't get seasick on your first day of work, it'll be a start. This is mostly a human affair, you see. These people claim themselves to descend from the early human inhabitants that came from Brasil, escapees from the Portoguese religious persecutions. A very proud and reserved bunch, they have nothing against the Divinity, but they claim to be no one's servant. They were neutral during the Tribal Wars, and in fact shared their catches with all parts, provided they respected a strict no-weapons policy."
"do they still have that policy? do i need to get rid of these?" the cat asked indicating to his bag of kunai.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Zis must be very lonely for you." Arina frowns. "Vell, you can come visit us any time you need more hugs! I vill be happy to oblige! But vhy vould zey run and scream vhen you are so cute?"

~~~~~~~~
"Vhy vhat?" Dinara prompts, enthralled by the story.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Anubis and Kritaros looked upon the shamans with some concern to their futures. Taking a step back for a moment of clarity in thought their eyes seeming to faintly glow as if looking ahead with a grand plan or scheme. Each shamans word was a concern and a chance.

The two foxes held a strong stare that to equal the god himself as they took into account all possibilities. Once they stepped forward did Kritaros speak first this time."your word is taken into account Kendra. Though population isny always a problem. With change ever present we must expand ourselves as well to places where we can show. For now with the numbers low on the wolven and lion cougar tribes we shall let it be. Anubis will speak with spencer on the matter more for a solid plan in opening ourselves more. To the world and even perhaps show you all to the egypt of today. Something each of you shamans should come to understand to why we both feel the way we do. Especially towards you Avaros."

Anubis nodded at kritaros's words with the most sincere form of agreement. Their knowledge of the world in comparison gave them a greater view to the heritage of the island and around it. The black furred fox sighing as he takes his turn to speak."Donau we will grant you what you wish. We will head to you peoples domain to see if they have the right and more. You yourself in our eyes already have done enough to return to what you once were without need to hide your true self. Should your people show the same we will personally see to them returning as a proper people they once were. Erebus your free to do as you wish for now. The only thing we ask is you to take one of the temple guards or a pair to help train the warriors and show them to new ideas. To keep peace in todays time we will need to learn them.
And the technology it brings. But we must not let that center ourselves or overrun what we have already. The true native wolves of the island kept theough time alone and know of today as well. Should you need more ask us or them."

After such both turned to monique and waved her forward."the job of a demigoddess is to serve all. Not just the god whom she patrons for. You are a guardian, a teacher, a mortal and a servant to the god you are with. You must learn that your god does not need to give instruction but when he does you must follow as you see fit. But as a mortal you must follow the rules of the world in which the mortals follow. It allows you to live your life once more and to enjoy yourself while having the responsabilties and power of a god. Everything you come to can be a test or a path made by hubert himself.you too are free to go for now we only ask you tell mister spencer if Anubis's Arrival to town to see him."
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"do they still have that policy? do i need to get rid of these?" the cat asked indicating to his bag of kunai.
Alyse nodded. "Yes but not for that reason: you don't carry weapons, especially cutting weapons, aboard a ship that is likely to start rolling and bucking during rough sea. Pirates are not an issue. The worst we could meet are treasure hunters and poach fishermen -that is, tourists who don't want to respect the rules. But for that there's the Sea Patrol, fishermen are not supposed to get into trouble themselves."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Zis must be very lonely for you." Arina frowns. "Vell, you can come visit us any time you need more hugs! I vill be happy to oblige! But vhy vould zey run and scream vhen you are so cute?"
"My child, mine is an endless job where overseeing everything and everyone requires a certain...detachment. A permanent bond with a mortal would lead to...conflicts of interest. But I like to enjoy your many kinds' company, so that I am not really 'lonely'. As for some people running away from me, wel..." All of a sudden there was no more cat.
Instead, there was the most titanic dragon made of a naked piece of cosmos, red suns as eyes, galaxies and worlds swirling and spinning, comets tracing patterns around the muscle lines...
The creature occupied the sky as far as the eye could see. it was close to be...unbearable. "This is a very downsized version of me, for there is much, much more of me."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhy vhat?" Dinara prompts, enthralled by the story.
"And that is why Iusesomeofmyownmaking!" Loki concluded merrily, grinning wide, as he opened his hands, revealing a swarm of tiny blue fires floating over his palm! "Ta-daa! Artificial Whisps! Cool, eh?"
---
Kendra nodded and stood up. "Spencers has plans in this regard, and it is only fair you are informed: When the supership Apollo City will disembark her first rescuées from animal shelters, he will step down. Right now he is working to choose his political successor to the Presidency of Tricana so that humans will keep recognizing it.
"The rescuées will be only the first new citizens of this island, more will come and only then will a controlled multispecies repopulation start, with a whole new social asset of which the Four Tribes will be the Overseers. The Island will become a shelter in itself, run by animals, with a human representative as Foreign Minister and Coordinator, a Martin Foster."

The other shamans stood up. "On behalf of my tribe, I thank you for this display of trust. As we speak, my people have been informed, they are eagerly waiting your visit."
"I will, my lieges," Eerbus said. "Soon, even the Conservative factions will see the truth of the new ways."
Avaros smiled. "The new Four Tribe will be lead in the full respect of your disposition, of course."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Of course my lords, I shall go," Monique said, head down, she looked up, a grin of mirth on her face, but then it quickly disappeared, having dismissed the idea. She bowed her head again, and vanished in a teleport.
Mantauq took Spencers hand and shook it.

Appearing on master Spencer's shoulders. She nodded to the wolf and the big cat before addressing the man.

"Master Spencers, I have a message from the island lords," she stated, "One of them, Anubis by name, is coming to visit to discuss certain matters with you. I suggest you need not make any special preparations, he may come in right behind me."

Mantauq nodded in return.

"Very well then, if it is no trouble, I too would like to meet this Anubis," he then waved his paw down the hall, "Guide me out, will you?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khun bowed to the air around him, a long, slow bow. THEN he turned around to address the lightly irritated Lycaon.

"Oh, terribly sorry, we were just underground under a lake exploring in a cave when a friend of ours Lord Hubert teleported us up here and we assumed he gave us leave of the place," Khun said, with a devilish grin, "Name's Khun Woodsman, that's Flint, and this little guy is Bartholemew. You can spare a morsel for a few hungry explorers can't you grandfather?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke's heart was racing, it wasn't just the thrill of the ride.

"Come on bud! Come on! Don't fall behind!" Luke hollered. Grinning ear to ear.

Amber spun around and stuck her tongue out at them.

"Keep it up girl come on!" She shouted at the mare.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akki went throughout the house. Trying to learn it's rooms. Walking slowly, walking carefully. The upstairs master bedroom took most of the center of the roof, it's left corner and balcony facing the cliff. There were three smaller bedrooms, and she assumed, a bathroom, surrounding the MB. Those were the cubs rooms. Still though, she wondered if three cubs were the common number? She supposed four was a blessing. She wasn't ABOUT to put a cub in the basement. The stairs were on the left side within the walls. The ground floor wasn't much either.

There was a small parlour for the doorway, to it's right, a bathroom. To that bathroom's left, another bathroom. THEN the large hall/kitchen. Then behind that, she could only assume was the fishing porch.

If they were human, they would be looking to find jobs and schools and doctors and things of that nature.

Akki found herself looking at the spears and hooks and knives and ropes and tackle on the wall.

They had no want for food. No want for security. They need not worry about their health.

Akki could only find herself thinking that until the cubs come they would be bored, at least, she would be bored out of her skull.

Could she do it though?

She picked up a spear and examined it carefully.

The porch consisted of a closed space with a door and then an actual porch that jutted over the waves. There was beach access of course, but this was the purpose of the house.

She walked over to the edge of the left side of the porch.

She knew how to spear fish.

She shrugged.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained," she said, and threw her spear into the water.
Hotep the psychic

"your all dissmissed fellow shaman. Go in peace."

Kritaros said with a small smile. Both standing tall as they watch the shamans leave before he collapsed into the chair behind him and slumped. "monique....

"leave it. Yes she did dont let it get to you. Weve done enough to guide her already let her do as she wishes from now."

"and the....

Anubis held a hand up,"yes yes i know the rabbits are misfigured carnivores now. And they may have numbers beyond what is reasonable for the island. But its something we must do and donau deserves."

Kritaros hummed in thought before seeming to melt in the seat with releif. "hehehehe dont melt too far you still have to see to who goes with erebus"

"Bah the siamese twins are best for that. They are like us anyways and understand what a taser is"
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Alyse nodded. "Yes but not for that reason: you don't carry weapons, especially cutting weapons, aboard a ship that is likely to start rolling and bucking during rough sea. Pirates are not an issue. The worst we could meet are treasure hunters and poach fishermen -that is, tourists who don't want to respect the rules. But for that there's the Sea Patrol, fishermen are not supposed to get into trouble themselves."
"Well these are less 'cutting' and more 'light stabbing' but I get the point," Levi replied, pun intended. "also i wasn't worried about pirates til you mentioned them, so thanks for that."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Woooooow. So pretty!" Dinara grins, the wisps glittering eerily in her crimson eyes.
"What are zey? How have you done zis?" Sasha demands.

~~~~~~~~
Most people would be terrified. Arina though, having seen the dragon's smaller self and knowing his benevolence is simply awed.
"Woooooow. Zis is incredible! You are incredible!"

Feliks, on the other paw, is unnerved by the sudden booming voice filling the sky.
"Uh-huh-huh! AAAAAH-HUH! AAAAAAH-HUH! AAAAAH-HUH!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mantauq took Spencers hand and shook it.
Appearing on master Spencer's shoulders. She nodded to the wolf and the big cat before addressing the man.
"Master Spencers, I have a message from the island lords," she stated, "One of them, Anubis by name, is coming to visit to discuss certain matters with you. I suggest you need not make any special preparations, he may come in right behind me."
Mantauq nodded in return.
"Very well then, if it is no trouble, I too would like to meet this Anubis," he then waved his paw down the hall, "Guide me out, will you?"
"With pleasure," Spencers started walking the hallway. "As it is, I was curious: How will you...manage your blood relationship with the new political status of your son? On that side, no offense meant, he *is* the Chieftain of the new Fourth Tribe, and I must firstly defer to him."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Khun bowed to the air around him, a long, slow bow. THEN he turned around to address the lightly irritated Lycaon.
"Oh, terribly sorry, we were just underground under a lake exploring in a cave when a friend of ours Lord Hubert teleported us up here and we assumed he gave us leave of the place," Khun said, with a devilish grin, "Name's Khun Woodsman, that's Flint, and this little guy is Bartholemew. You can spare a morsel for a few hungry explorers can't you grandfather?"
The elder harrumphed. "Bah! Since you were already starting t'gorge yerselves, it'd be rude t'interrupte ye. But no crumbles, or ye'll cleane th'floor with yer tongues, got it?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Luke's heart was racing, it wasn't just the thrill of the ride.
"Come on bud! Come on! Don't fall behind!" Luke hollered. Grinning ear to ear.
Amber spun around and stuck her tongue out at them.
"Keep it up girl come on!" She shouted at the mare.
Boomer focused on her task, but she looked less defiant now...
Botticelli grinned. "She's fast but she burns fast as well, my friend. I'm slower, but constant. See? We're gaining!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Akki went throughout the house. Trying to learn it's rooms. Walking slowly, walking carefully. The upstairs master bedroom took most of the center of the roof, it's left corner and balcony facing the cliff. There were three smaller bedrooms, and she assumed, a bathroom, surrounding the MB. Those were the cubs rooms. Still though, she wondered if three cubs were the common number? She supposed four was a blessing. She wasn't ABOUT to put a cub in the basement. The stairs were on the left side within the walls. The ground floor wasn't much either.
There was a small parlour for the doorway, to it's right, a bathroom. To that bathroom's left, another bathroom. THEN the large hall/kitchen. Then behind that, she could only assume was the fishing porch.
If they were human, they would be looking to find jobs and schools and doctors and things of that nature.
Akki found herself looking at the spears and hooks and knives and ropes and tackle on the wall.
They had no want for food. No want for security. They need not worry about their health.
Akki could only find herself thinking that until the cubs come they would be bored, at least, she would be bored out of her skull.
Could she do it though?
She picked up a spear and examined it carefully.
The porch consisted of a closed space with a door and then an actual porch that jutted over the waves. There was beach access of course, but this was the purpose of the house.
She walked over to the edge of the left side of the porch.
She knew how to spear fish.
She shrugged.
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained," she said, and threw her spear into the water.
And the spear *did* hit something!
Only, when the weapon came out, there was...a glowing blue fish stuck to its tip!
"My Madonna, I don't know what to find more...offensive. That you couldn't enjoy your life or that you planned to eat me. Tsk tsk tsk..."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well these are less 'cutting' and more 'light stabbing' but I get the point," Levi replied, pun intended. "also i wasn't worried about pirates til you mentioned them, so thanks for that."
"Good. And don't worry about what you don't know -and there's a lot of it. A sailor's life is about learning and working hard, all it matters is the will to do the job, the rest will follow soon. Oh, have you ever met our sea serpents?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Woooooow. So pretty!" Dinara grins, the wisps glittering eerily in her crimson eyes.
"What are zey? How have you done zis?" Sasha demands.
Loki started juggling with the flames. "First rule of stage magicians: Distract the audience. You are looking at the flames, but you aren't focused at its base. See?" Truly, looking closer you could see that there was a small, slightly darker cup holding the flame. And that there were thin filaments running along the fox's palm.
"Magnetic cup. it stays afloat for all sorts of neat tricks. The *real* whisps are something only a patented shaman can conjure, and a shaman I am not."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Most people would be terrified. Arina though, having seen the dragon's smaller self and knowing his benevolence is simply awed.
"Woooooow. Zis is incredible! You are incredible!"
Feliks, on the other paw, is unnerved by the sudden booming voice filling the sky.
"Uh-huh-huh! AAAAAH-HUH! AAAAAAH-HUH! AAAAAH-HUH!"
A claw made of pure space lowered until it just brushed against the baby's head. Just a brush, and yet it had the most calming of effects, and now little Feliks was gurgling happily, contented.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Khun bowed to the air around him, a long, slow bow. THEN he turned around to address the lightly irritated Lycaon.
The elder harrumphed. "Bah! Since you were already starting t'gorge yerselves, it'd be rude t'interrupte ye. But no crumbles, or ye'll cleane th'floor with yer tongues, got it?"
Flint mumbled something akin to, "Sorry..." with his mouth full of dried meat before nodding vigorously. He'd make sure flooring cleaning wasn't in his future. After a hard swallow he opened his mouth, "Wait so... where exactly is this place? I kind of assumed all this food was free because well... the dragon god kinda dropped us here."

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Akki was more than a bit surprised! She stood there for a moment or two, then, minding that her rope was attached to her arm, placed her arms behind her.

"Oh, so I can't try to enjoy life by taking a stab at carrying on the legacy of the house?" She said smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Heh, careful there bud, pride goeth before the fall, but come on git!" Luke chimed in.

Amber could tell the look on her mare wasn't good. So she did the only thing that first came to mind that she knew about horse control.

She began to lightly heel kick Boomer in the side. Just enough of a jab to get attention.

"Ki ki, come on girl, ki ki!" She repeated as she kicked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"With our tongues? Oh come on now dear elder," Khun said, gathering a plate, being kindly as he could to the upset caretaker, "I mean, if a strange god from a strange place plopped you in such a spot and said take and eat, what would you do?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mantauq followed Spencers and simply waved a paw.

"I will simply delight in only giving him the hardest as possible times as he will have," the former statesman said, "That is our sovereign, sworn, ancient duty. Torture the young to ensure they are fit to lead."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote: "Good. And don't worry about what you don't know -and there's a lot of it. A sailor's life is about learning and working hard, all it matters is the will to do the job, the rest will follow soon. Oh, have you ever met our sea serpents?"
"I think I met one," Levi replied. "I've met a lot of things here."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Flint mumbled something akin to, "Sorry..." with his mouth full of dried meat before nodding vigorously. He'd make sure flooring cleaning wasn't in his future. After a hard swallow he opened his mouth, "Wait so... where exactly is this place? I kind of assumed all this food was free because well... the dragon god kinda dropped us here."
xhunterko wrote:"With our tongues? Oh come on now dear elder," Khun said, gathering a plate, being kindly as he could to the upset caretaker, "I mean, if a strange god from a strange place plopped you in such a spot and said take and eat, what would you do?"
"And since ah know ye lads wouldn't be lyin' 'bout it, yer allowed t'live'n'eat. As for this place, this is the city's pantry. We broughte here all them foodse that we had stored in our villages. So make sure y'eat only what'll fill ya and not a crumb more. An' after that make sure ye can find yerselves a job. Nature is no idle."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I think I met one," Levi replied. "I've met a lot of things here."
"Good. They are sort of scouts for the fishermen. If we want to find the right amount of healthy fish without depleting the schools, we need the serpents. So if you see one, don't panic. And if you're lucky you'll be offered to ride one -well, that would be a sort of practical joke the older fishermen plays on the freshwaters like you, but I'm pretty sure you're way used to the local fauna to go huddling in a corner, right?"
Reggie chuckled.
---
xhunterko wrote:Akki was more than a bit surprised! She stood there for a moment or two, then, minding that her rope was attached to her arm, placed her arms behind her.
"Oh, so I can't try to enjoy life by taking a stab at carrying on the legacy of the house?" She said smiling.
The stuck fish writhed in a weird equivalent of a shrug. "Nah, there's hardly anything forbidden to the carrier of mine and your mate's blood. But how can this poor divinity be content when fears do trouble your spirit?"
---
xhunterko wrote:"Heh, careful there bud, pride goeth before the fall, but come on git!" Luke chimed in.
Amber could tell the look on her mare wasn't good. So she did the only thing that first came to mind that she knew about horse control.
She began to lightly heel kick Boomer in the side. Just enough of a jab to get attention.
"Ki ki, come on girl, ki ki!" She repeated as she kicked.
"Ahh, so you know how to treat a lady. I like it!" And with a final sprint, the mare put herself some more distance between her tail and Botticelli.
"I'll tell you, your lady's an amazon!" Botticelli snickered, then his pace started slowing. "Sorry, my friend, but there'll be another time to get even."
---
xhunterko wrote:Mantauq followed Spencers and simply waved a paw.
"I will simply delight in only giving him the hardest as possible times as he will have," the former statesman said, "That is our sovereign, sworn, ancient duty. Torture the young to ensure they are fit to lead."
Spencers broke up in a hearty laugh. "Ahh, old school never fails at that! You must have some English blood in you, Mantauq. Would you like to be the Tribes' Chief Ambassador? The wolves still living in the forest need some persuasion, and I am pretty sure you'd know how to convince them to rejoin civilization...By the way, I imagine you want to see your wife first. I took the liberty to send her to the Birthing Pod, as we call the communal area for the new lives. I can assure you, she's in the best hands possible.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:Loki started juggling with the flames. "First rule of stage magicians: Distract the audience. You are looking at the flames, but you aren't focused at its base. See?" Truly, looking closer you could see that there was a small, slightly darker cup holding the flame. And that there were thin filaments running along the fox's palm.
"Magnetic cup. it stays afloat for all sorts of neat tricks. The *real* whisps are something only a patented shaman can conjure, and a shaman I am not."
"Wow! Zat is so cool!" The cat can't stop a goofy grin spreading across his face. "I need to learn zis trick!"

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:A claw made of pure space lowered until it just brushed against the baby's head. Just a brush, and yet it had the most calming of effects, and now little Feliks was gurgling happily, contented.
"Wow!" Ilya giggles, looking fondly down at the infant in his arms. "You can teach me zis trick?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: So, plumbing. Pompeii like?

"Lucky for you, we've no need of that, heh," Khun said, "I'm a tourist, and I'll be getting these two out of your fur for you." He sat down next to Flint. He paused for a moment. He stared blankly into space, then came back to reality.

Really? Now? He thought to himself he looked the elder in the eyes.

"Do you uh, are there water barrels and glasses in the back?" He asked. His eyes strained.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akki yanked the fish ashore and smacked it upside the side of the house. Knowing she could never really hurt the thing since it was an incarnation of Hubert, she just went through the motions of having caught a fish.

"Well, despite where we are, there's still uncertainties," she said. She then detached the rope from the spear and onto a hook, then hooked the fish to it and slung it over her shoulders.

"Like, I know there's a food store, but that's only going to last a little while, so I best practice fishing. There is no security here, other than myself and my husband. Granted, we don't value things, there's still unknown and dangerous individuals and spirits here. Considering what my husband is, I have to take that into account," she said, walking through the kitchen, down the basement stairs, nosing about the food stores. There were pottery and small jars and barrels. She was not entirely sure what was in what.

"There's also the family to worry about," she said, opening up a barrel, not knowing what's inside, and taking a sniff. She tilted her head, not catching what it was. She sighed.

"What's in all these? If you don't mind," she said. She did have a list of insecurities, but they could wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That's the way girl come on!" Amber said, before going back to her mantra. Amber could only grin.

They raced through the market, past homes, apartments, businesses and places of work. She could only grin as their home came into sight.

"Well, let's not get too far left behind, come on bud!" Luke said, taking the reigns, and lightly slapping the sides of the horse.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mantauq tilted his head.

"Well, she was scheduled for later this evening, but being prepared doesn't hurt, but yes, I would like to see her," he said, "As far as diplomacy goes, no thank you my friend. But perhaps offer it to one of my other wives. More than a couple have taken interest in politics. The only concerns I want to have going forward is teasing my son in law and taking care of my fishing colony. For which, we'll eventually need to apply for, I'm assuming."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Thank you kind sir!" Flint replied back, her voice muffled behind a mouthful of food. "You think he'd mind if we took some to go? Maybe they have a takeout bag somewhere..." Flint idly looked about. "And what was that about a job? I'm not gonna carry any more wood today... I think I've had enough manual labor to last.. at least a decade."

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I think I met one," Levi replied. "I've met a lot of things here."
"Good. They are sort of scouts for the fishermen. If we want to find the right amount of healthy fish without depleting the schools, we need the serpents. So if you see one, don't panic. And if you're lucky you'll be offered to ride one -well, that would be a sort of practical joke the older fishermen plays on the freshwaters like you, but I'm pretty sure you're way used to the local fauna to go huddling in a corner, right?"
Reggie chuckled.
"of course," the cat replied. "huddling in the corner won't save me so why try?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Wow! Zat is so cool!" The cat can't stop a goofy grin spreading across his face. "I need to learn zis trick!"
Loki nodded. "Sure thing. It's such a waste when magic tricks die with the trickster. Here..." he suddenly clapped his hands, smashing the small flames in one single burst, and immediately opening his hands revealing a single flame floating over them...
*SPLOOOOSH!* went a bucket of water, as the fox was thoroughly doused!
"THAT WAS NOT FUN, NYA!" a dripping Loki complained.
The gorilla put the bucket back under her seat. "Next time you want to play with fire, please do so in an appropriate environment," was her calm answer.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:
valerio wrote:A claw made of pure space lowered until it just brushed against the baby's head. Just a brush, and yet it had the most calming of effects, and now little Feliks was gurgling happily, contented.
"Wow!" Ilya giggles, looking fondly down at the infant in his arms. "You can teach me zis trick?"
And back was the tiny dragon perching on her shoulder. "Alas, I cheated. I just showed him a vision that would satisfy his mind's needs, in his own perspective. In other word, I made him master of his own private world for a moment. Once hunger overcomes this daydream, he'll let you know."
---
xhunterko wrote:"Lucky for you, we've no need of that, heh," Khun said, "I'm a tourist, and I'll be getting these two out of your fur for you." He sat down next to Flint. He paused for a moment. He stared blankly into space, then came back to reality.
Really? Now? He thought to himself he looked the elder in the eyes.
"Do you uh, are there water barrels and glasses in the back?" He asked. His eyes strained.
"Well, in the next roome we keep wines an' other bev'rages, if dat's yer fancy. We make 'em with our fruits and are as good as they come. No crime if ya wanna give it a try. As for water, the islandse sits on freshwater so you muste only go to a tap or a stream or a pond or a pool and ye can drink till yer belly sloshes."
Roarin wrote:"Thank you kind sir!" Flint replied back, her voice muffled behind a mouthful of food. "You think he'd mind if we took some to go? Maybe they have a takeout bag somewhere..." Flint idly looked about. "And what was that about a job? I'm not gonna carry any more wood today... I think I've had enough manual labor to last.. at least a decade."
"Sorry but no way. Island's as full with food as you want. This is for emergencies and festivities. But we have to empty the larders and replenish them periodically or it gets spoiled, so ya hang 'round and ye'll enjoy yer bellyful, eh?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Akki yanked the fish ashore and smacked it upside the side of the house. Knowing she could never really hurt the thing since it was an incarnation of Hubert, she just went through the motions of having caught a fish.
"Well, despite where we are, there's still uncertainties," she said. She then detached the rope from the spear and onto a hook, then hooked the fish to it and slung it over her shoulders.
"Like, I know there's a food store, but that's only going to last a little while, so I best practice fishing. There is no security here, other than myself and my husband. Granted, we don't value things, there's still unknown and dangerous individuals and spirits here. Considering what my husband is, I have to take that into account," she said, walking through the kitchen, down the basement stairs, nosing about the food stores. There were pottery and small jars and barrels. She was not entirely sure what was in what.
"There's also the family to worry about," she said, opening up a barrel, not knowing what's inside, and taking a sniff. She tilted her head, not catching what it was. She sighed.
"What's in all these? If you don't mind," she said. She did have a list of insecurities, but they could wait.
"Ahh, so all of a sudden your life doesn't appear to be boring at all," the fish answered nonchalantly, not minding at all that treatment. But worry not only about the spirits, my Madonna: the enclaves that refused to rejoin Tricana are bound to declare war, and the netherworld will do their worst to get at you and the fruit of your love.
"Oh, and to answer your question, that is a mix used to marinate fish and meat and hel them to stay preserved. If you want to use that on me, I recommend you cook me on a fire, it brings out the taste."

---
xhunterko wrote:"That's the way girl come on!" Amber said, before going back to her mantra. Amber could only grin.
They raced through the market, past homes, apartments, businesses and places of work. She could only grin as their home came into sight.
"Well, let's not get too far left behind, come on bud!" Luke said, taking the reigns, and lightly slapping the sides of the horse.
Unfortunately, that didn't help and soon Botticelli slowed to a walk, before stopping at all. "Sorry, my friend, but this is as far as I can go. I'm not a competition horse and I have used all of my energies. And I need a sandbath. And water, And food."
---
xhunterko wrote:Mantauq tilted his head.
"Well, she was scheduled for later this evening, but being prepared doesn't hurt, but yes, I would like to see her," he said, "As far as diplomacy goes, no thank you my friend. But perhaps offer it to one of my other wives. More than a couple have taken interest in politics. The only concerns I want to have going forward is teasing my son in law and taking care of my fishing colony. For which, we'll eventually need to apply for, I'm assuming."
"A fishing colony, eh? What about using all that energy of yours into active fishing at sea, instead? You look like you could teach lessons to our sailors - that is, if you don't mind working with humans."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"of course," the cat replied. "huddling in the corner won't save me so why try?"
Alyse winked at him. "Because, in your case, love, it will be you teaching a lesson to them. I count on it. Oh, here we are."
Hotep the psychic

Anubis and Kritaros stood upon the walls of the great temple. Looking out over the island. Both easily spotting the horizon beyond town they entered and hid from. The path they went to see the exiled and free. They revisited memories and lives with each passing second on smiling faces.

The two foxes then stared beyond the horizon to the life before now and before then. Remembering the old owners they loved and stood by before sending out ravens with letters on their ankles along with a single heron that left eastward. Afterwards kritaros left to do what was needed of his duties.
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"of course," the cat replied. "huddling in the corner won't save me so why try?"
Alyse winked at him. "Because, in your case, love, it will be you teaching a lesson to them. I count on it. Oh, here we are."
"huh, I kinda expected the buildings to be smaller," the cat commented.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"huh, I kinda expected the buildings to be smaller," the cat commented.
"You want them big and solid, here. When the storm season comes, you don't want to find yourself homeless in a jiff...Ah, there's the fleetmaster! Hello, Senor Mantega!"
Mantega was everything you could imagine from a seaman: average tall, not an ounce of fat on his wiry body, skin finely-toned yet leather-like by years over years at sea. His hair was black to a gloss, his eyes two pieces of obsidian, and a shining smile. "Alyse! Querida!" He hugged the dog. "Mi amor, to what I owe the pleasure?"
She returned as much warmly the hug. "I have a new pupil for your fleet, Senor." She disengaged herself and indicated the cat. "I can vouch for his courage and skills. And you have a duty to turn him into one fine fisherman: he's bound to become my new esposo*"
The sailor's eyes opened wide. "Really? So you finally decided to give Reggie a new papà? That's great news, we couldn't keep up with that bundle anymore!" He then approached the cat. "We'll start small with you, furball. Alonso Mantega will carry you personally on his first boat, where he started fishing. You ready?"

*husband
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"You want them big and solid, here. When the storm season comes, you don't want to find yourself homeless in a jiff...Ah, there's the fleetmaster! Hello, Senor Mantega!"
Mantega was everything you could imagine from a seaman: average tall, not an ounce of fat on his wiry body, skin finely-toned yet leather-like by years over years at sea. His hair was black to a gloss, his eyes two pieces of obsidian, and a shining smile. "Alyse! Querida!" He hugged the dog. "Mi amor, to what I owe the pleasure?"
She returned as much warmly the hug. "I have a new pupil for your fleet, Senor." She disengaged herself and indicated the cat. "I can vouch for his courage and skills. And you have a duty to turn him into one fine fisherman: he's bound to become my new esposo*"
The sailor's eyes opened wide. "Really? So you finally decided to give Reggie a new papà? That's great news, we couldn't keep up with that bundle anymore!" He then approached the cat. "We'll start small with you, furball. Alonso Mantega will carry you personally on his first boat, where he started fishing. You ready?"

*husband
"I'm ready for anything on this island," Levi replied. "let's do this."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke stopped whipping and pulled the horse to a stop. Even though they WERE just a few houses away from home.

"Heh heh alright bud alright, guess we can stop a bit," Luke said, then he whistled to the ladies. Who had trotted their way into the pasture.

"Alright girls! I guess this is a loss! This time!" Luke yelled. Amber trotted the mare back so she was facing Luke.

"Well well well I guess we learned our lesson eh?" Amber said grinning, then she kissed Luke, then the horse.

"Poor thing," she said, "And good on you Boomer! Do you have race horse genes by any chance?" Luke gave his horse head and neck rubs to say thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you kind sir, now, if you'll excuse me a moment," Khun said. He got up and left for the back storage. As soon as the door closed behind him the tears began. He quickly found a dark corner to curl up in. He hadn't had a break down in a long while. He let the tears polish the dust off the floor. Trying not to make too much noise sobbing.

Cookies. She made cookies one time and put them in the pantry. That must've set him off, he thought to himself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well of course not, I wasn't gonna but since you asked," Akki said, dipping the fish in the mix. She carried him back upstairs to the kitchen and, finding the necessary pokers and stands and logs and a fire pit next to the center sink, set the fish on the fire to cook.

She sat there a minute, thinking.

"I suppose, I must learn some magic," she said aloud, wondering about it.
Savant raised a finger.

"No problem at all, except, however, that is not the point," he said, "You see, our tribe is located in between two oceans. We are friendly with the tribes on both sides and have discussed mergers before. What we would like to demonstrate is that we can trade via the sea, back and forth. That is why we would like to start a new one. Not only to provide food, but also trade. NOT that we don't want to work together with humans, of course, but, ah, you see our reasoning."

Monique looked around puzzled.

"Where is that god? He should've been just behind me?" She said.