HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe watches, eyes wide and mouth open in wonder at Rua's display of magic. "Magic trick!"

At the mention of being able to go shopping again, she ran up and gave Rua a hug. "Thanks again for everything, Miss Rua."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Ah, sorry, i wasn't trying to show off... just trying to make a shortcut." Rua mumbles, a bit embarrassed at leon's commentary. not meeting his eyes, instead focusing on Phoebe as the little rabbit practically embedded herself in the lionesses side. Patting her head and offering a gentle "you're worth it kiddo." since, while cheesy, she knew she still needed to work on her ward's sense of self worth and concept of normal treatment.
turning her focus back to Leon as they walked to the truck she began to explain, "I'm a Caller. My spells all require me to summon forth an object or construct as a medium for the spell itself. it makes for very showy spells. Seals like the one i just drew make sure the summoned object always appears in the same spot when it's called."

- - - - -

"You dork..." bonnie mock complained at the corny line, laughing as they started out walking. following his gaze as he looked skyward, she was surprised to see the stars showing as clear as they were. usually she was down town, working, or both at this hour so she wasn't used to the sky being as clear a sight. her tail stilled as the sight brought to mind memories of the rare fun moments with her first owner.
lost in the memory bonnie goes silent a moment as they walk.
Last edited by Buster on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"As, sorry, i wasn't trying to show off... just trying to make a shortcut." Rua mumbles, a bit embarrassed at leon's commentary. not meeting his eyes, instead focusing on Phoebe as the little rabbit practically embedded herself in the lionesses side. Patting her head and offering a gentle "you're worth it kiddo." since, while cheesy, she knew she still needed to work on her ward's sense of self worth and concept of normal treatment.
turning her focus back to Leon as they walked to the truck she began to explain, "I'm a Caller. My spells all require me to summon forth an object or construct as a medium for the spell itself. it makes for very showy spells. Seals like the one i just drew make sure the summoned object always appears in the same spot when it's called."
Still amazed but a bit confused, Leon nodded and continued to walk towards the truck, "Well, it was still impressive I'll say that. I personally never seen people do that...then again this is the first time I've been out of my house ever since I moved here."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Don't sound so surprised, i know you have atleast one trick of your own. Nobody is completely devoid of an aura unless they're actively masking it. you're hiding something." she teased with a smirk, as they reached the truck. Soqhu was waiting there loading up the last of a large box of salad kits, the bed meant for midnight already secured in the back. "Or maybe something's hiding itself?" she adds as another idea comes to her.

like Rua there are a few oddities to his apearance, but the bright orange mane engulfing his head neck and shoulders leaves little doubt as to his species.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"Don't sound so surprised, i know you have atleast one trick of your own. Nobody is completely devoid of an aura unless they're actively masking it. you're hiding something." she teased with a smirk, as they reached the truck. Soqhu was waiting there loading up the last of a large box of salad kits, the bed meant for midnight already secured in the back. "Or maybe something's hiding itself?" she adds as another idea comes to her.

like Rua there are a few oddities to his apearance, but the bright orange mane engulfing his head neck and shoulders leaves little doubt as to his species.
Reaching the truck, Leon faces Rua and tells her bluntly "I have no idea what you are talking about, Rua" as he places Phoebe's bed in the truck, though in actuality, he did but he had his reasons for dodging the question. "For that matter, just what are you implying?" he then adds as, in the back of his mind, he was feeling something was up.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe simply followed the other two, not having a clue as to what they were talking about even though she could hear them. Those big bunny ears weren't for show, after all.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"They do seem quite bright tonight," Jake admitted, sauntering along, "I do hope that's just ancestors looking down on us kindly and not a whole load of supernovas." He looked at Bonnie. "Was that comment Dorky or more of a Geek thing?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Definitely a geek joke." Bonnie commented, rolling her eyes as her attention returned to reality, her tail returning to it's former pace, as she moved to walk in front of jake. Turning so she was walking backwards facing him, she puts a paw up to her chin, pretending to look thoughtful even if she couldn't quite get the expression right "Though I suppose i'm not one to talk seeing as i never leave home without a Good Book."

- - - - -

"That you're not as unaware as your playing about what I've been asking." she states, with a note of frustration, before faking a disinterested huff and seemingly dropping the subject.

Fine, keep your secrets, for now, that just means I have a puzzle to solve. She thinks to herself, determined. Taking a moment to secure the box in the back, she seems to decide something. waling over and talking with soqhu a moment, before returning to phoebe and Leon. "You know what phoebe, I think we can stay a bit longer, if you really want to."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:"That you're not as unaware as your playing about what I've been asking." she states, with a note of frustration, before faking a disinterested huff and seemingly dropping the subject.

Fine, keep your secrets, for now, that just means I have a puzzle to solve. She thinks to herself, determined. Taking a moment to secure the box in the back, she seems to decide something. waling over and talking with soqhu a moment, before returning to phoebe and Leon. "You know what phoebe, I think we can stay a bit longer, if you really want to."
"I have nothing to hide..." Leon states as his eye twitches a bit, "..if that's your way of saying 'You're Welcome', then it's an odd way of saying it." Looking back towards Phoebe, he adds "Sorry again for snapping at you like that, earlier. I guess...I guess your friend thought I was something else."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"That you're not as unaware as your playing about what I've been asking." she states, with a note of frustration, before faking a disinterested huff and seemingly dropping the subject.

Phoebe's eyes lit up like she just learned Christmas was coming early, and every day that month. "Yay!" She jumped up and hugged Rua briefly before letting go.
SeanWolf wrote:"I have nothing to hide..." Leon states as his eye twitches a bit, "..if that's your way of saying 'You're Welcome', then it's an odd way of saying it." Looking back towards Phoebe, he adds "Sorry again for snapping at you like that, earlier. I guess...I guess your friend thought I was something else."
"Huh?" Phoebe turned to look at Leon. "Oh, it's OK Mister. I'm... kinda used to bein' yelled at. And no, Ghostie knows things. He didn't get you wrong. If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine though. I won't ask."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"Huh?" Phoebe turned to look at Leon. "Oh, it's OK Mister. I'm... kinda used to bein' yelled at. And no, Ghostie knows things. He didn't get you wrong. If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine though. I won't ask."
Leon smiles at the innocence Phoebe had (something he never had growing up) but then let out a sigh, "Well...it's not that I don't like talking about but...Look, you and Rua are right: Ghostie did sense something in me...but even I don't know what 'it' is as, you're right Rua, there is no er mana in me. The most I know is that...it caused me, at least I think it was me, to do something I regret to this day. I want you two to promise me you'll keep this 'thing' a secret...until I figure out what 'it' is." Deep down, Leon knew he was risking his life again but, some reason, he felt safe around those two.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'm good with going shopping, I've got some things I should pick up anyway." He reached into his collar and withdrew a piece of rectangular plastic, "I can cover anyone who absolutely needs something."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex shrugged. "Sometimes window shoppin' can be more fulfillin'." She leaned against the doorframe to the front door, lazily awaiting the excursions beginning.

Amanda hummed and fidgeted for a moment, rubbing her sparkly bow before speaking after Noah. "I would not mind pitching in here or there, I hardly utilize my allowance anyway. So, if any of you want a trinket, treat or so I could grab it for you." Amanda tilted her head as a thought struck her. "Perhaps we will even run into Jake and Bonnie. I wonder what they got up to?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake chuckled at her line. "You know, I don't think I've ever been to the town library?" He glanced around. "Not even totally sure I know where it is."
--------------
"Ah, can't have been half as fun as here," Kaylee said, tossing a cookie to Sandy behind her back before taking one for herself and popping it into one of her pockets.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'd answer 'my doghouse' but i doubt that's the library you're thinking of." Bonnie said in response, grinning. her expression turning a bit more thoughtful and less playful as she briefly went over the places the fire crew had been called to in her mind. "But for the public one, never had to put out that building and i don't exactly like the idea of giving my books back once they're in my collection, so i only really have a vague idea of where it is. sorry."

- - - - -
SeanWolf wrote:Leon smiles at the innocence Phoebe had (something he never had growing up) but then let out a sigh, "Well...it's not that I don't like talking about but...Look, you and Rua are right: Ghostie did sense something in me...but even I don't know what 'it' is as, you're right Rua, there is no er mana in me. The most I know is that...it caused me, at least I think it was me, to do something I regret to this day. I want you two to promise me you'll keep this 'thing' a secret...until I figure out what 'it' is." Deep down, Leon knew he was risking his life again but, some reason, he felt safe around those two.
"So even you don't know what it is then... Hmmm." rua responds, surprised. She hadn't expected that response. to be honest she wasn't sure what she did expect, but, not that. "Alright." she states with a nod, before crouching down partially, closer to eye level with phoebe, "So where to first?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:"Huh?" Phoebe turned to look at Leon. "Oh, it's OK Mister. I'm... kinda used to bein' yelled at. And no, Ghostie knows things. He didn't get you wrong. If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine though. I won't ask."
Leon smiles at the innocence Phoebe had (something he never had growing up) but then let out a sigh, "Well...it's not that I don't like talking about but...Look, you and Rua are right: Ghostie did sense something in me...but even I don't know what 'it' is as, you're right Rua, there is no er mana in me. The most I know is that...it caused me, at least I think it was me, to do something I regret to this day. I want you two to promise me you'll keep this 'thing' a secret...until I figure out what 'it' is." Deep down, Leon knew he was risking his life again but, some reason, he felt safe around those two.
"It's 'k. I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to." Phoebe said. Then her ears droop a little. "But... I'm not really good at keeping secrets. I'm not supposed to let people know about Ghostie, but I don't know how to control him..."
Buster wrote:"So even you don't know what it is then... Hmmm." rua responds, surprised. She hadn't expected that response. to be honest she wasn't sure what she did expect, but, not that. "Alright." she states with a nod, before crouching down partially, closer to eye level with phoebe, "So where to first?"
"Um... I dunno. Mom 'n Dad didn't let me go out anywhere, so I don't know what there is..." She turns and looks at Leon. "What shop were you going to when we found you?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon thinks for a bit as he couldn't quite recall, funnily enough! After a few seconds, though, he replies to Phoebe "Tell the truth, I was actually getting ready to leave the mall and walk back to my house...yeah I walked here, I needed the fresh air. But earlier I was looking for a used book store as I was going to pick up one or two movies for myself, but I could not find any in this mall. See, I just moved here a couple weeks ago and this is the first time I actually been out of my house."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"It's 'k. I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to." Phoebe said. Then her ears droop a little. "But... I'm not really good at keeping secrets. I'm not supposed to let people know about Ghostie, but I don't know how to control him..."
"We'll... work on that." Rua commented, still not entirely certain how she actually intended to do that. Conjured bindings had already proven to not work nearly as well as they did with his counterparts, and she was in no hurry to set him off.
CyberDragon wrote:"Um... I dunno. Mom 'n Dad didn't let me go out anywhere, so I don't know what there is..." She turns and looks at Leon. "What shop were you going to when we found you?"
SeanWolf wrote:Leon thinks for a bit as he couldn't quite recall, funnily enough! After a few seconds, though, he replies to Phoebe "Tell the truth, I was actually getting ready to leave the mall and walk back to my house...yeah I walked here, I needed the fresh air. But earlier I was looking for a used book store as I was going to pick up one or two movies for myself, but I could not find any in this mall. See, I just moved here a couple weeks ago and this is the first time I actually been out of my house."
"Well, i don't think the contents were used, but i saw a Barnes-something-or-other near the furniture store when we went in?" she offered, not sure if it was any help, as she started to lead phoebe back to the mall.

While they were chatting and heading back, Soqhu waited until they were far enough not to alarm phoebe before starting the truck and heading out of the parking lot. starting the drive home since Rua had let him know she planned on using the newly made shadowgate to get homeinstead.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Barnes? OH! Barnes And Nobles!" Leon exclaims, following the two back in, "You two don't mind if I tag along, do you? Once I find what I'm looking for, mainly just a DVD or two, I'll walk back to my house and be out of your fur." As they walked in, he started to feel something he hadn't felt in years: The feeling of happiness. Some how, being around these two brought peace to his mind, which he couldn't figure out why. Then, for some reason, he turned to Rua, "Say uh...bit of an odd question but you said you couldn't sense any mana in me, right? Are you able to sense...anything in me at all?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm a Caller, not a Seer. Sensing manaflow is about as far as that sense goes." She states, rolling her eyes as id he should already know that somehow.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon nods in response to Rua while thinking "Then how did Phoebe's friend sense me if there is zero mana in me?" and while he was going to speak that aloud, he instead decided to hold off on that and go with "So, who was that at the truck?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Soqhu. My Guardian." the way she says that makes it sound like a title, rather than just an indication of legal responsibility for a minor...
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon once again nods in response to Rua while scratching his arm a bit, revealing a few scars. "Is everyone here like you and Phoebe, meaning magically inclined or whatever the word is?" Leon then asks as this had crossed his mind after witnessing Phoebe's ghost friend and Rua's magic usage.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sandy snaps the cookie from out of the air and it vanishes down his gullet faster than anyone can blink.
"What are we waiting for then? Let'th go!" he enthuses, tail wagging.

"Sure you don't want to put him on a lead first so he doesn't run off?" Socks drawls, jerking his head in the retriever's direction.

"I don't mean to be rude, Alex, but shouldn't you take off those glasses before we go? Can't have you running into anything in the dark. I love the outfit though. It suits you much more than those stuffy trousers!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Mom an' Dad weren't." Phoebe said in response to Leon. "Neither was I until..." she cut herself off and shied away from the subject. Nightmare's eyes glowed in her shadow. She didn't know as a kid she was connected to the fear demon. She didn't know until that day the demon made it's gruesome debut.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Don't like bringing up the past, huh?" Leon asks Phoebe then, "I understand that totally. Well, if you don't mind a fun question: Do you have any hobbies you like to do?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nah," Kaylee said, smiling slightly at Socks, "I prefer my arms IN their sockets, y'know? He's calm by roads." She pulled an alarm clock from her pocket to check the time and put it back again before concentrating to stop a growing wind in the corridor.
-------------------
"I'll have to borrow a book from your house some day," Jake said, before realising WHAT he'd said as they walked closer to town. "Uh, do you want me to rephrase that?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe thought for a moment. "Um... I... I used to draw sometimes... On the walls of the scary room... Then... Then mom an' dad would g-get mad..." Nightmare's eyes were glowing brighter, and tears started forming in the rabbit's eyes.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon, as he was listening to Phoebe speak, quickly stops and looks at her starting to tear up after she mentioned her parents. Getting down to her eye level and gently lifting her head up, Leon calmly tells her "Listen: What ever happened back then is now in the past. Don't let the past affect and alter who you are right now. Yes, bad things happened to everyone in their pasts...some we like to forget...but we shouldn't let it continuously affect us. I don't know what happened then, but from what I know now just from seeing you three, you have two amazing people looking out for you: Rua and your Ghostie friend." He then smiles and asks, while removing his paw and placing it on his leg "Now you liked to draw, yes? What did you like to draw?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm honestly not sure if that makes now a good or bad time to point out that the walls in the attic are covered in blackboard paint. you and whoever lived there before us apparently had a habbit or two in common." Rua adds in, trying to cheer phoebe up. "You can draw on em as much as you want without ruining them. As long as you promise to keep your drawings in your room, maybe i'll pick you up a packet of chalk while we're here?"

surreptitiously she finds a moment to whisper to leon, "You're better off not knowing Leon."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Acknowledging Rua's whispering with a nod, Leon looks back to Phoebe and instead asks "Well...other then drawing, what else you like to do? Maybe you have a favorite movie to watch?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Try to get him to stop talking about the past and OF COURSE he thinks i mean something else entirely. stupid timing.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Leon, as he was listening to Phoebe speak, quickly stops and looks at her starting to tear up after she mentioned her parents. Getting down to her eye level and gently lifting her head up, Leon calmly tells her "Listen: What ever happened back then is now in the past. Don't let the past affect and alter who you are right now. Yes, bad things happened to everyone in their pasts...some we like to forget...but we shouldn't let it continuously affect us. I don't know what happened then, but from what I know now just from seeing you three, you have two amazing people looking out for you: Rua and your Ghostie friend." He then smiles and asks, while removing his paw and placing it on his leg "Now you liked to draw, yes? What did you like to draw?"
Buster wrote:"I'm honestly not sure if that makes now a good or bad time to point out that the walls in the attic are covered in blackboard paint. you and whoever lived there before us apparently had a habbit or two in common." Rua adds in, trying to cheer phoebe up. "You can draw on em as much as you want without ruining them. As long as you promise to keep your drawings in your room, maybe i'll pick you up a packet of chalk while we're here?"

surreptitiously she finds a moment to whisper to leon, "You're better off not knowing Leon."
Phoebe sniffles a little. She wipes her eyes, then looks up at Rua with a slight smile. "Thanks, Miss Rua. Could I... Maybe get lotsa colors to use? Back then I only had red, and it didn't usually stay red."
SeanWolf wrote:Acknowledging Rua's whispering with a nod, Leon looks back to Phoebe and instead asks "Well...other then drawing, what else you like to do? Maybe you have a favorite movie to watch?"
"What'sa moo vee?"

All things considered, that's probably the best and least disturbing answer to that question she could have given.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"What's a movie?" Leon replies, a bit shocked, "You know...Disney...Dreamworks...erm..." before thinking to himself "OK...apparently I'm not the only one who didn't have much of a childhood". He then gets an idea and, facing Phoebe, replies "Tell you what: When we get to Barnes and Nobles, we'll walk over to the movie section and you can pick something you and Rua here can watch together and I'll buy it for you."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Promise me you wont use that kind of red, that's not for drawing. i'll get you something better." Rua insists, very much glad when that conversation derails. at least initially...

that left rua in a bit of a bind, as she was pretty sure a 17 year old being just as clueless as phoebe on the topic was going to give away more than she wanted about how far from home she was... plus again he was insisting on paying for things, Phoebe was her ward, not his. the insult of that sentiment... it was a challenge trying to keep the irritation off her face as they walked.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a small smile at Kaylee's words. "True, our immediate friend vicinity is a great place to be. Would be a hard act to surpass."

Alex shrugged at Holly. "Eh, I can usually see pretty well with these on, and besides," She slipped her aviators down a bit, revealing her crimson eyes, "I'm a bit light sensitive in the eye. ... Don't like being suddenly blinded by a turning car's headlights, ya know." She smirked at the compliment to her outfit, giving a light flex. "What can I say? I make minimalism look good."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll have to borrow a book from your house some day," Jake said, before realizing WHAT he'd said as they walked closer to town. "Uh, do you want me to rephrase that?"
Bonnie just facepaws.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"What's a movie?" Leon replies, a bit shocked, "You know...Disney...Dreamworks...erm..." before thinking to himself "OK...apparently I'm not the only one who didn't have much of a childhood". He then gets an idea and, facing Phoebe, replies "Tell you what: When we get to Barnes and Nobles, we'll walk over to the movie section and you can pick something you and Rua here can watch together and I'll buy it for you."
Buster wrote:"Promise me you wont use that kind of red, that's not for drawing. i'll get you something better." Rua insists, very much glad when that conversation derails. at least initially...

that left rua in a bit of a bind, as she was pretty sure a 17 year old being just as clueless as phoebe on the topic was going to give away more than she wanted about how far from home she was... plus again he was insisting on paying for things, Phoebe was her ward, not his. the insult of that sentiment... it was a challenge trying to keep the irritation off her face as they walked.
Phoebe's ears droop slightly, and her voice drops to almost a timid whisper. "Sorry, Miss Rua. I promise." she says. She then continued following Rua wherever she was going.

Phoebe could sense Rua's irritation, whether through her own keen senses or through her attachment to an emotional entity, she was able to tell Rua was distressed. However, she thought that Rua was distressed with her. As such, Phoebe went quiet. Her head was tilted down, and tears were welling in her eyes again. She didn't know what it was she did...
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay, fair point. And I'm sorry, I didn't realise about your condition. That was rude of me and I shouldn't have said anything."

Socks opens the front door, letting in the cool night air.
"Are we going then or are we just going to stand and talk?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

noticing phoebe's change in demeanor, she stops, crouching down and, pulling the little rabbit into a hug. "Hey, no need for that. I'm not mad at you, I just don't want to see you hurt yourself okay?"