SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by xhunterko »

Miles grinned.

"Sure, why not, it CAN make anything right?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter how big the system is either, will just ask for the tools required to install one as well," Miles said. "I'm assuming, if it can make anything and we can take it out of there to here, then here can compensate for anything it makes. Right?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You are referring to him, right, Señor Lobo?" Pepito queries, jerking a thumb at Pascal. "I am no aventurero.* I am just un sobreviviente*."

* aventurero= adventurer
* Un sobreviviente = a survivor
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:Rem stares at miles confused a moment "you want to use the void as raw material to reverse engineer the RCA. You're crazy. That sounds awesome." A grown adult probably shouldn't sound that gleeful at the prospect of experimentation with a physics defying void...

"Actually the only one i'm breaking is conservation of matter, and that's only because the void outside is reacting to my desire to be able to breath the air in here." he adds in when calvin snaps back to reality. still very much in rabbit form.
Calvin breathes deeply, taking in what he was just told. "Well, on the bright side, at least you are a smart tree."
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Both of you, actually," he says, motioning to Pepito and Pascal, "The Español was more of a refresher for myself. But your story is further removed from my time than Pascal's. Hearing it from the source instead of a book nudges it out over his." Miguel turns his gaze to Pascal and smiles warmly, "Not to say yours isn't interesting, of course."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I suppose it would if you're interested in history. I'm interested in surviving, and helping other rodents survive." Pascal said.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:"Both of you, actually," he says, motioning to Pepito and Pascal, "The Español was more of a refresher for myself. But your story is further removed from my time than Pascal's. Hearing it from the source instead of a book nudges it out over his." Miguel turns his gaze to Pascal and smiles warmly, "Not to say yours isn't interesting, of course."
Owain chuckled slightly. "An mine's the wrong 'istory," he admitted.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Wouldn't say wrong. It still happened, just not in my world," Miguel said with a shrug, "Honestly, I'd be very interested in learning about yours as well. Something new that the books don't have in them."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You are saying I am in a book?" Pepito queries incredulously. He's seen a book once or twice in the captain's quarters. He'd never had any use for them himself, partly due to his size and especially as he can neither read nor write, but he knows how highly the humans prize them and so reasons that they must be important and expensive.
"Dis is impossible. I am just a rat. Books, dey are only about important humans, like kings."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

xhunterko wrote:Miles grinned.

"Sure, why not, it CAN make anything right?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter how big the system is either, will just ask for the tools required to install one as well," Miles said. "I'm assuming, if it can make anything and we can take it out of there to here, then here can compensate for anything it makes. Right?"
"I've yet to try bringing void constructs in here. i have no idea if they'd remain stable." Rem answered with a shrug not entirely sure what miles meant by compensating.

- - - - -

Strike has wandered back over to calvin, as her normal wolfish self, and taps him on the shoulder holding up a deck of cards.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Could tell 'few tales," Owain conceded.

((Probably just in 'cut scenes' as I don't have any stories coming to mind...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Not just important people, there are a lot of stories about regular people as well. Maybe not as many or as long, but just as important. I do remember reading somewhere about a band of shiprats that made there home on a certain ship. The details do escape me though," he said with a grin.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I had a few things written about me." Pascal said, leaning back and closing his eyes. "Mostly research papers though."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I c’n tell a tale,” Owain said to Miguel, sitting back slightly and taking a sip of his drink, “’bout a lead’r’ve beasts long back. Lludd ap Beli, Bar’n Ceinach… um… Hare an’ his broth’r Llefelys. They gre t’geth’r, see? An’ play’d t’geth’r, hunt’d t’geth’r, all’ve tha’ from their fath’rs keep. One day, Llefelys sees a Doe fr’m ‘noth’r warr’n, bu’ no matt’r what ‘e does, she’s not intr’st’d, d’spite his wiles an’ cunnin’, until Lludd speaks f’r ‘im in such terms tha’ she can’t not see th’ broth’r for the, um, ymenydd? Uh, s...smart p’rson, he was an’ she accept’d ‘im an’ let ‘im marry ‘er an’ join th’ oth’r warr’n. He promis’d t’ al’aes help Lludd if need’d.

Owain took another draw on his drink before continuing. “Years on, Lludd’s leadin’ ‘is warr’n in the fields an’ forests ‘round, from th’ Riv’r Tawe t’ the Mountain’s ‘ve the Beacons an’ things’re good fer time. The warr’n grows an’ takes in oth’rs an’ times’re fine. ‘Till th’ troubles b’gin. Som’ve th’ new settl’rs are not what they seem. Beasts’ve ‘ell call’d th’ Coraniaid who look’d jus’ like th’ Hares an wi’ ears tha’ c’n hear anything if’n th’ wind’s touch’d it. An’ not just them. Worse is a sgrechian...” Owain gestured towards his ears. “An, um... real loud noise? C’m’s once a year an’ any Doe ‘ears it loses th’ litt’r. There’s n’thing ‘e c’n do. Th’ Coranaid know any move ‘e’s plannin’ t’ make an’ kill ‘is best fight’rs an’ th’ sounds stops any new bein’ born. Th’ crops b’gin t’ fail. Th’ people lose ‘hope. Then?” Owain paused for effect. “Llefelys sends word tha’ ‘e needs Lludd’s ‘elp desp’rate so Lludd goes t’ ‘im. ‘Is broth’r meets ‘im in the great ‘all’ve the second warr’n, c’mplete with bugl’rs soundin’ ‘im in...” Owaid grinned. “No’ t’ mention blockin’ the ‘earing ‘ve th Coronaid. Llefelys’s ‘eard of ‘is broth’rs troubles an’ ‘e’s work’d things. ‘E knows of both troubl’s. First, ‘e tells the Coronaid c’n be dealt wi’ by a mixture made from an insect. An’ ‘es ‘ad some’ve th’ mixture made. Enough t’solve th’ problem if’n he c’n wet them wi’ it at th’ same time so Llefelys tells ‘is guards th’ plan an’ sends ‘em with ‘is broth’r and wag’ns of food for ‘is peopl’. When they get ‘ome? Lludd calls a mass gath’rin’ for th’ food an, when the peopl’ ‘r in th’ keep, Llefelys’ guards on th’ wall ‘bove pour th’ mixture ov’r th’ lot’ve them. The normals? They’re OK. Th’ Coronaid? They diss’lve.

Owain finished his drink. “Still leave’s th’ sound, bu’ Llefelys’s ‘eard ‘bout tha’ too. ‘E tells Lludd t’ go to a cave in the ‘eart’ve th’ Marches an’ tha’ ‘e ‘as to stop th’ fight ‘e finds there. Lludd goes an looks in an... Two ‘uge beasts’ve leg’nd batt’lin’ und’rground. A... Ddraig Goch ‘n a Ddraig Gwyn...” He smirked. “Goch’s Red an’ Gwyn’s white bu’ I dunno th’ word f’r Ddraig. Any’ow, first Lludd is scar’d. Real scar’d. Bu, knowin’ the noise’s comin’ ‘gain soon, ‘e thinks up a plan.” Owain held up his tankard. “’E get’s ‘m both drunk wi’ mead! Then, when they’s out, ‘e buries ‘em deep und’rground in a stone chest an, leg’nds ‘ave it, they’s still ‘sleep there t’day. Th’ curse lift’d from th’ land and, ‘undreds’ve years lat’r, the Warr’ns of Lludd an’ Llefelys grew an’ settl’d into some’ve th’ larg’st an’ most peacef’l in th’ Marches.” He looked to Rem and indicated his tankard. “Possibl’ fer anoth’r please?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No! you are making a joke again, Señor Lobo! We are just one small ship. We are not important enough for anyone to remember." Pepito objects again before listening to Owain's story. He only understands about one word in three but manages to get a rough gist of it.
"What is dis "draig", Señor Owain? Can you describe it?" Pepito queries, not quite properly getting his tongue around the unfamiliar "Dd" sound (which makes a voiced "th" sound like in"the" or "this").
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles listened to Owain and nodded at the end of it.

"Well, there's always a first for everything Rem," Miles says, "You'd be surprised Pepito, people write about a lot of things."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh," Owain said, wondering how to describe a Ddraig. "they's big 'n 'ave adenydd..." He waved his arms like wings for a moment. "They breathe tân... uh, fire."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:Strike has wandered back over to calvin, as her normal wolfish self, and taps him on the shoulder holding up a deck of cards.
He slowly turns expecting the same thing as before to see a wolf with cards and says "Oh, do you want me to do something the cards?"
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Strike rolls her eyes, before waving him over to one of the tables and taking a seat herself before beginning shuffling the cards.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh! Ooh! You mean los dragones!" Pepito grins with a sudden flash of understanding, then immediately makes his sign against evil as though just mentioning the word could summon the fearsome serpents.
"Maybe so, Señor Gato, but not in books. Dey are wery er... Dey cost a lot!" he answers Miles, fumbling for the word.

*los dragones = dragons
* Senor Gato = Mr. Cat. Pepito still doesn't know Miles' name :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:Strike rolls her eyes, before waving him over to one of the tables and taking a seat herself before beginning shuffling the cards.
Calvin sits down, "Oh, is this a card trick?" he asks
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Dragons and creatures of legend don't scare me." Pascal said. "I save my fear for real threats, like snakes. The one ******* thing on the planet that my armor won't guard against." He turned his head to Miguel. "I said before that I don't like taking lives if I can avoid it. I still don't. But snakes are the exception. Other things don't pose much of a threat to me, so I can go easy on them. Snakes are too dangerous for me to do that with."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"That was a pretty good story, Owain." Miguel turned to look at Pascal, "Is it just snakes or is other venomous creatures too?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Strike deals out 15 cards, seven face down on either side of the table, and one face up in the middle next to where she put down the deck. After which she gestures to calvin, and then to the chair across from her, showing a hopeful if slightly pleading expression.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"That was a pretty good story, Owain." Miguel turned to look at Pascal, "Is it just snakes or is other venomous creatures too?"
Pascal shook his head. "It's not the venom." he said. "I'm resistant to most poisons. But that and the armor don't mean a thing to something that can swallow you alive anyway."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain nodded to Miguel before glancing at the little metal verm... rat Pascal. "Y'mean y' can't jus'... dyrnu.. uh... " Failing to find the word in his head he made a punching motion, "Dyrnu y'r way out again?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Pascal sat up and shook his head. "Nah.
I've don the math. I'd need to be able to stretch the stomach walls past their 'fracture point' in order to tear it open and escape. Given those things are built to hold things their own size or more, in order to stretch the walls of a snake stomach enough to break out by punching it, it would have to be a very small snake. Or I would have to punch it so hard the momentum of the spot I punched would overcome elastic forces and stretch the walls so much and so fast it tears before the elasticity of the organ can snap it back together, which is just absurd."
the rat reclined once more. "I suppose I'd be able to gnaw my way out, but I'm in no hurry to test that theory. Best for me to kill them before they have the chance to try and eat me."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pepito shudders at the discussion.
"Fortunately dere are not many serpientes on a ship. De biggest danger, he is los gatos. Dey are cruel to us ratas! Er, no offence, Señor Gato."

* serpientes = snakes
los gatos = the cats
ratas = rats
Señor Gato = Mr. Cat. Pepito still doesn't know Miles' name :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:Strike deals out 15 cards, seven face down on either side of the table, and one face up in the middle next to where she put down the deck. After which she gestures to calvin, and then to the chair across from her, showing a hopeful if slightly pleading expression.
Taking a seat, Calvin says, "Might I ask what card game you want me to play?"
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

holding up one finger, Strike hops out of her chair before heading over to the bar.
after a few minute of odd scratching sounds, she returns with what appears to be the rules to a simplified variant of rummy, written in stylized calligraphy on the back of a slip of receipt paper.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Pepito shudders at the discussion.
"Fortunately dere are not many serpientes on a ship. De biggest danger, he is los gatos. Dey are cruel to us ratas! Er, no offence, Señor Gato."

* serpientes = snakes
los gatos = the cats
ratas = rats
Señor Gato = Mr. Cat. Pepito still doesn't know Miles' name :P
Pascal laughed at that. "Cat's don't scare me. It makes me laugh whenever one tries to hurt me. They find out pretty quick I'm not something they can prey on when they break their teeth on me."
-Champion Motto