2019/03/20 - Make Like Your Name

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/03/20 - Make Like Your Name

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/03/20 - Make Like Your Name]
Title Text: the dog who lived but then died but then was a ghost or and angel or something

Okay, a little too into it, Grape. :?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/03/20 - Make Like Your Name

Post by Saturn381 »

You're a troll Rick, you know that?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

What! I...I...I what? What is....I can’t form words...to describe...what the....
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Woah there
Slow down a minute
Panther

Post by Panther »

Seeing how Max is blushing , i don't wish to know what happens in the "out of view" :oops: :oops:
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

After 9 long years of being lost out at sea, the good ship GrapeNut has returned to port.
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Rick, Rick What are doing? Are you actually going to do this? After all this time? I'm getting the feeling this might just end with Max asking Grape if she has feelings for Peanut and Grape realizing she might have developed them. Or something along those lines. This is ending with something Grapenut flavored at this point, it has to be. I don't know if it will go further than that but I suspect the ending of this arc is going that way.
OilPaws

Post by OilPaws »

Oh my... is this what Rick meant by weird? I...I well, my questions have questions. Oh no. :oops:
Please presume I have no idea what I'm doing; it's okay. I do not. : )
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Rick, it’s hilarious right now, but I kinda figured you’d be the guy who realizes most how dangerous it is to tease Grapenut

Also... that blushy face from Max suggests he might be a secret Grapenut shipper from his reaction
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Saturn381 wrote:You're a troll Rick, you know that?
Of course he knows. He revels in it. It's why he teases us like this. And it is cruel and unusual.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Max is watching two sibling make out in front of him, that must be awkward. It's not like this is completely new for Grape and Peanut, other than now they're more in public. Peanut's comment in the second panel isn't very serious, but all things considered, he's pretty lucky to be Peanut every day when you think about it.
IceKitsune wrote:I'm getting the feeling this might just end with Max asking Grape if she has feelings for Peanut and Grape realizing she might have developed them.
Grape has feelings for Peanut.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Commander Bevin

Post by Commander Bevin »

Rick, you are a troll and we all love you for it.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Champion Wallace wrote:Max is watching two sibling make out in front of him, that must be awkward. It's not like this is completely new for Grape and Peanut, other than now they're more in public. Peanut's comment in the second panel isn't very serious, but all things considered, he's pretty lucky to be Peanut every day when you think about it.
IceKitsune wrote:I'm getting the feeling this might just end with Max asking Grape if she has feelings for Peanut and Grape realizing she might have developed them.
You know what I mean, that is not the same thing.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Smart pillow placement there, Max, but the blushing and deer in the headlights expression gives it all away!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Remember Max, jealousy is a no no
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

IceKitsune wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Max is watching two sibling make out in front of him, that must be awkward. It's not like this is completely new for Grape and Peanut, other than now they're more in public. Peanut's comment in the second panel isn't very serious, but all things considered, he's pretty lucky to be Peanut every day when you think about it.
You know what I mean, that is not the same thing.
In retrospect, this specific strip is kinda weird. I give it a pass as there was a bit of hand waving done to believe the relationships early on in the comic... but I think it was kinda early for either of them to be sure they liked who they were dating, and I kinda have to wonder now if Peanut said what he did to assure Grape he was fine dating Tarot so she can keep together with Max. Also to be noted... Grape’s kinda started to get swooned by dogs, even if only a select number of them are swoon worthy for her
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

P.B.J!
P.B.J!
P.B.J!
P.B.J!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You can have what those two have got
if you’re into Rufus and not just Spot;
you’ve got to appreciate their stuff,
acting cool and not gruff.
Mushy things embarrass Max,
melting Hearts like candlewax;
but the plan here will mis-tread
and doesn’t even enter Tarots’ head.
Max flinches and she’s annoyed,
the girl with more hang-ups than Sigmund Freud;
she doubts she can do what’s easily done
when the relationship is second to none.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

fenrirblack wrote:What! I...I...I what? What is....I can’t form words...to describe...what the....
I am Questioning if Max doesn't mind Sharing. He's not complaining, and there is the implication that he knows of Grape and Peanut having a few 'dates'.

Also, I Find the detail of Max gripping the blanket hilarious.
Gameb18oy wrote:Rick, it’s hilarious right now, but I kinda figured you’d be the guy who realizes most how dangerous it is to tease Grapenut

Also... that blushy face from Max suggests he might be a secret Grapenut shipper from his reaction
Or that he doesn't mind Sharing if he can Get something This passionate. I mean, This isn't the first time he had seen them like This.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... y-tonight/
Of course, with This strip, I now feel that Max in that Scene was going, "Aw Carpbaskets, shoulda told me where you were seated." It feels like he wouldn't mind sharing...

Though in All Honesty, it's kinda jarring still. It just came outta nowhere. I maybe a GrapeNut shipper, but This feels a liiiiittle out of left field.

Though honestly, Maxy doesn't Seem to mind. Is he into such things? The idea of Harems/Reverse Harems?
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: In retrospect, this specific strip is kinda weird. I give it a pass as there was a bit of hand waving done to believe the relationships early on in the comic... but I think it was kinda early for either of them to be sure they liked who they were dating, and I kinda have to wonder now if Peanut said what he did to assure Grape he was fine dating Tarot so she can keep together with Max. Also to be noted... Grape’s kinda started to get swooned by dogs, even if only a select number of them are swoon worthy for her
I think that Peanut did start to develop real feelings for Tarot on some level. I don’t think he ever really felt the same way about her as he did/does about Grape but it’s there. Tarot was there for Peanut when he was emotionally vulnerable and allowed Peanut to get close to her but their relationship never went further partly because I think Tarot put up some walls and Peanut never could connect to her the same way as he did with Grape. In other words this was still the honeymoon phase of Tarot&Peanut.

And now after all these years Tarot is trying to force a relationship with Peanut rather it be for personal gain or because she’s grown attached. It’s like relationship goggles, she sees what she wants to see even if it isn’t real. Actually a good example of Peanut and Tarot’s relationship is the one between Retsuko and Resasuke from Aggretsuko.
AgentJX7

Post by AgentJX7 »

John-056 wrote:Also, I Find the detail of Max gripping the blanket hilarious.
Max... that's not how jealousy looks...

Okay, but for real. I saw someone pointing out on the thread for Monday's comic that a polyamorous relationship could solve a number of the problems that Peanut/Tarot and Grape/Max are dealing with, and it's only looking more and more likely. Grape and Max have chemistry, so do Grape and Peanut. I wish we got more Max/Peanut interactions to go off of, but I think it could still work.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

John-056 wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:What! I...I...I what? What is....I can’t form words...to describe...what the....
I am Questioning if Max doesn't mind Sharing. He's not complaining, and there is the implication that he knows of Grape and Peanut having a few 'dates'.

Also, I Find the detail of Max gripping the blanket hilarious.
Gameb18oy wrote:Rick, it’s hilarious right now, but I kinda figured you’d be the guy who realizes most how dangerous it is to tease Grapenut

Or that he doesn't mind Sharing if he can Get something This passionate. I mean, This isn't the first time he had seen them like This.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... y-tonight/
Of course, with This strip, I now feel that Max in that Scene was going, "Aw Carpbaskets, shoulda told me where you were seated." It feels like he wouldn't mind sharing...

Though in All Honesty, it's kinda jarring still. It just came outta nowhere. I maybe a GrapeNut shipper, but This feels a liiiiittle out of left field.

Though honestly, Maxy doesn't Seem to mind. Is he into such things? The idea of Harems/Reverse Harems?
The chances of Grape dating both Max and Res at the same time increases.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

*sigh* ... gettin' all sentimental now. No love quite like s rediscovered love ....... ;)
AgentJX7

Post by AgentJX7 »

Gameb18oy wrote:The chances of Grape dating both Max and Res at the same time increases.
Plot twist! Grape dates Max, Peanut, Res, Tarot, Fido, Sabrina, King, and every other major character all at the same time. Also Karishad for some reason.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

See Tarot, the trick to getting "much snuggles" is when Peanut says what he's up to is [insert nerdy thing], the correct response is "sounds interesting, tell me more". On a different subject, who's name are they making like?
The cape comes with the promotion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Alright, I think i know where Rick is going with this.

Tarot and Maxwell are not seeing the Grape/Peanut thing as something to be jealous about - they see it as educational. I bet Tarot and Max are going to get better with Grape and Peanut when they see this more often.

Either that, or they all totally are cool with doing this regularly now inside their sandwich circle. x3

Also, i totally bet Maxwell wants to be Peanut now.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

No comment...
Allons-y
AgentJX7

Post by AgentJX7 »

Champion Wallace wrote:On a different subject, who's name are they making like?
Now this is something that interests me. I can't figure it out, unless it's just a reference to Peanut's line in panel 2.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

AgentJX7 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:On a different subject, who's name are they making like?
Now this is something that interests me. I can't figure it out, unless it's just a reference to Peanut's line in panel 2.
My best guess is that they're making a PB&J sandwich right now.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Okay if I’ve learned anything from reading YA novels I can say that the possibility of Grape and Peanut ending up together, if not now but by the end of the series is very strong. I mean it can still go both ways of the series ending with them being bestest friends but since their relationship has been what is is for as long as it has is a clear sign that they could end up together and everyone will have to deal with it.

Also I can honestly say more confidently than ever that Peanut and Tarot are done. It’s over. Move on.
AgentJX7

Post by AgentJX7 »

temptation to change icon to this... RISING
Attachments
maxblush.png
maxblush.png (7.52 KiB) Viewed 13644 times
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

As CourageYES"
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:Also I can honestly say more confidently than ever that Peanut and Tarot are done. It’s over. Move on.
With the time being devoted to discussing how Peanut and Tarot don't have any chemistry I'm inclined to agree. At the very least, it would take some serious character development on Tarot's part for any continuation of the relationship to be believable at this point, and I don't know if she's willing to change for that.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Wow....uuhhmm...you have to admit at least neither Tarot nor Max seem to be jealous...
I guess this is the arc where Grape realised she likes Peanut more than she thought, but maybe Peanut is now over it or something?
I'm seriously not a Grapenut shipper or something, but that is a big tease :shock:
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Hah Sure They Aren't"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

What’s sad about all of this is that there is no concrete evidence of Grapenut being a legitimate thing. So far we’ve seen Grape blush because she was embarrassed by Peanut’s comment. Why, one theory would be that the comment caught her off guard and she was embarrassed that Peanut would publicly admit his ideal mate would be someone like her (though they all know that Peanut had feelings for her). Then this one could be simple acting and Grape getting into the role. Actors who have chemistry on film do not Necessarily have romantic interest in one another. It would not be hard to dive into a romantic role for Grape for two reasons. One we’ve seen her do it before. Two given their relationship there was always chemistry which is why Grapenut is such a big thing (kudos for Rick) so that alone makes feigning romantic whatever is going on off-panel easy but does not mean it’s real. We need her to flat out say “I may have real feelings for Peanut.”
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Okay, I admit it. You have my attention. Let's see where this goes.

...But if it's another tease, so help me... XD
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Whoa...

[withdraws to minimum safe distance as the fandom self-combusts]
bravelove

Post by bravelove »

I think that everything here could probably be solved with polyamory, the true answer to most will they wont they's
Image Image
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

bravelove wrote:I think that everything here could probably be solved with polyamory, the true answer to most will they wont they's
True, though we should probably factor in that Tarot is kind of the odd one out (ironcically, since there's an even number of them). What with the whole "being unlikable" thing and all.