HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I begin to understand," Kilo said as he dangled between the pair of them from an eartip he'd managed to grab, "how some people consider your feet lucky, my boy."
----------------
Chip had been cleaning her little bit of hole when the others had arrived and opted in after putting her glasses away tidily and removing her tiny patchwork jacket to keep it clean. Still not trusting 'the kitten' much, the Mouse opted to travel on Piper after saying 'Heya' to Oreo, whom she recalled from that day with all the humans at the park. She took off over her old run-lines with a whoop as they got there and Leslie pondered the chase. Then he decided the rowndabowt was better so went there to give his friends a push.
--------------
Juniper wandered the caves, telling a few tales of life at the silo as they went, including of one Mouse that had seemingly been good at 'finding' food that she'd followed once or twice before working out he always went to the same place. She'd preempted him the one time and heard a Human putting out the foods when she knew he was coming. She told Flash she'd never told the other Mouse. It hadn't made the grains less OK, after all.
-------------
"Reckon there's money in Bear manicures?" Sally asked happily, hoping the file would survive the other paw.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Juniper wandered the caves, telling a few tales of life at the silo as they went, including of one Mouse that had seemingly been good at 'finding' food that she'd followed once or twice before working out he always went to the same place. She'd preempted him the one time and heard a Human putting out the foods when she knew he was coming. She told Flash she'd never told the other Mouse. It hadn't made the grains less OK, after all.
Flash listened to her talk. He remembered she mentioned this person before, and mentioned she didn't think there was any way he survived. He didn't know one way or the other. He didn't know why she said that, but he didn't want to ask her why she thought he couldn't have escaped. He didn't want to open that wound again. So he simply walked and listened to her, holding her hand in his.

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Reckon there's money in Bear manicures?" Sally asked happily, hoping the file would survive the other paw.
Deus shook his head. "Probably not." He said. "Bears don't make lot money." He offered the other paw to her to work on. "If hungry after this, can take you to fruit orchard nearby. Sound good?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Flash most certainly not, what what," Watt said, looking down the passage the two Mice had gone. "He lives here with the bear there what what. That's hard to say what what. 'bear there'. Juniper now, what what?" he put a claw-tip to his chin. "I wouldn't say 'Pet', but I hear she lives with the girl now what what? You must not think all Humans are the same what what?"
Snapper shook his head. "Well no... but my luck with humans isn't the best. You might end up to pet to one, but were mice, and a lot of them value us more for experimental data we can provide." He sighed. "I'm not against having an owner, don't get me wrong, I just don't want an owner I don't know will treat me different than..." He froze up a bit, scratching his ears a bit as he stopped making eye contact. "...should... should we catch up with Juniper and Flash? I think you gave an offer to live here as well, so I wouldn't mind looking the place over some"
Hlaoroo wrote:[
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The park? I neerly cort that missy mowse there!" He grimaced, then looked up at Piper. "She OK?"[/color]
Keeshah wrote:I guess we can go there.. maybe you catch it this time..
Altho we have already eaten..
"Great! It's settled then! And yeah, she's fine. She's got these cute glasses that the customers seem to love even though she doesn't really need them to see. We could invite her along if you like."

========
Fifteen minutes later, with the breakfast dishes dripping in the drying rack, Piper leads the pets through the gateway into the park.
"So. Important question. Should we ride the swings, the slide or the merry-go-round first?"
Rudder heard the noise the other pets were making in the park as he was scrambling to help Sue carry what he could... which wasn't much with his much smaller limbs... the noise came right as he had grabbed his sword out of its box... he looked over at the little kids as he walked out with it, placing it to the side in its scabbard as he talked with Sue. ”what was the rule on my sword by the way” Sue chuckled. “only if it’s not drawn when I’m not look-” Rudder was already dashing off to the trio of youngsters. Kids were usually easy to entertain with his old circus act, and he missed his time performing even if he loved his life with Sue.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fifteen minutes later, with the breakfast dishes dripping in the drying rack, Piper leads the pets through the gateway into the park.
"So. Important question. Should we ride the swings, the slide or the merry-go-round first?"
"Well, that depends," says Lucky, "Do we want to go on a playground staple, or a playground feature that's been largely removed due to safety concerns?"
He then noticed the pair of Sue and Rudder and raised an eyebrow.
Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~
As soon as he sees Nadia Flynn bolts in her direction, once again forgetting the mouse on his shoulder.
"Nadia! Are you okay?" he calls. "Where've you be-aah!" he yelps as his paw catches on a root, sending him tumbling. If he's lucky the vixen will be close enough for him to land on.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I begin to understand," Kilo said as he dangled between the pair of them from an eartip he'd managed to grab, "how some people consider your feet lucky, my boy."
"I'm pretty sure it's Lucky's foot that's lucky," says Ryyn between bites of food. "Oh, hey Nadia."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote: "Well, that depends," says Lucky, "Do we want to go on a playground staple, or a playground feature that's been largely removed due to safety concerns?"
He then noticed the pair of Sue and Rudder and raised an eyebrow.

How about that thing you run around in circles, seeing how fast you can spin it until it flings you off!!
Or ride the bucking horses made from car suspension springs.
Or climb of the jungle jim, with the concrete base!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Looks like Leslie already decided for us, guys." Piper nods at the kitten, smiling at the mouse's exuberance.
"But let's try not to be flung off. I'm not a huge fan of blood." The doe nods in a friendly manner at the otter as she steps onto the roundabout with the kitten.
"Coming, Lucky?"

~~~~
"Hi Nadia." Flynn grins, snuggling into the vixen's soft belly fur.
"I think I'll just stay here where it's safe. I like it here."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't mind me, Miss Nadia," Kilo grumbled, dropping onto the Vixen from a foot above. After landing, he made to make his way off the Vixen. "You are looking dstinctly slender today, by the way."
-------------------------
Watt agreed and led Snapper off towards the water wheel construction, saying he should picture it later.
------------------------
"Oh, wow," said Leslie, who'd already started running around the roundabout to start it up, "a mistur Otter!" He looped around again. "Hello!" He swung himself on.
-----------------------
"Sunds fun, Mr Deus," Sally enthused as she started working on the last claw.
----------------------
Nola picked up a few things for the Tod from the shop. Some Long life meat in a can, a can opener, A collar with the name 'Todd' on the tag and a Gift Card for a pet clothing store (she put the receipt in with it. She headed back towards the car with Thomas and he set out for the Vets.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"So..." Flash said, breaking the silence. He had an arm around Juniper's shoulder. "Would you like me to show you more of the cave? I know a hidden tunnel that leads down to the bank of the underground river. We could go there and just listen to the water."

---------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sunds fun, Mr Deus," Sally enthused as she started working on the last claw.
Deus sat back and kept reading as Sally finished up with his nails. When she was done, Deus put his book away. "Thanks, Sally."

He gestured for Sally to follow him as he started walking out of the cave. "Know of wild orchard near. Some apple. Wild strawberry, lots blackberry, even blueberry." He started listing some of the other fruits and nuts he's found at the orchard as they walked. "Also fish spot nearby. Feel like having fish myself." He said.

It didn't take too long for them to reach the spot. There were a lot of different edible plants in the area. The trees were less dense there, so the short apple trees could grow. There were some hints in the area that Deus intentionally cleared some land to let these plants grow. Rose bushes lined the outside of the orchard. Apple trees, mulberry trees, blackberry bushes, and strawberry vines were scattered across the area. Deus reached up and plucked a large apple from one of the taller trees and handed it to Sally. "Here. Help self to anything. Will be just behind trees, fishing."
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Oh, wow," said Leslie, who'd already started running around the roundabout to start it up, "a mistur Otter!" He looped around again. "Hello!" He swung himself on.

Oreo gets onto the side across from the kitten, running as fast as he can to get the spinning thing moving as fast as it can go..
Yea 1950-60's's playground tech!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you," Sally said, filming the walk and the grove on her phone as she bit into the apple.
----------
Nola looked out on the park as they passed and sighed slightly. She'd have taken her kittens there and... She tried not to think of her boy as she glimpsed the Tortie on the roundabout. He'd be around about her age now. She wasn't sure the green thing the youngster was wearing suited them but that could just be because she couldn't see it properly as it spun around. Was that a skunk kit on there with her? At least she reckoned the adults were safe to be there, being two Rabbits and a familiar Otter. Then the car moved off.
---------
"Sounds perfect," Juniper said dreamily, before giving Flash a quick peck to (roughly) his cheek.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't mind me, Miss Nadia," Kilo grumbled, dropping onto the Vixen from a foot above. After landing, he made to make his way off the Vixen. "You are looking dstinctly slender today, by the way."
"hehe, yeah I guess I look different, huh" Nadia chuckled, cuddling her bunny boyfriend "What are you guys doing here anyway?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Are you going to invite are new frie... I guess not..
As she watches the puma chase off the troop of raccoons..
I take it you not a fan of Raccoons?
An Marshmallows will save me from a charging puma?
Senka looked back at Kandi like she was crazy, as if she would share this cornucopia of food with someone she didn't consider part of her clout.
"They're so quick and sneaky... one time I wasn't paying attention and a few of them snuck away with my catch! Right under my nose! They disappeared before I could catch any of them!" She grumbled sorely as if had just happened yesterday.
"And it could... maybe... I mean they taste really good... all melty and gooey and sugary..." Senka began to look around for the packet of edible puff.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sounds perfect," Juniper said dreamily, before giving Flash a quick peck to (roughly) his cheek.
Flash was caught a little off guard by the kiss. His legs started to turn to jelly beneath him. He had to lean a little on Juniper to keep from completely falling over. When he finally got a hold of himself, he returned the kiss and smiled as if nothing had happened. "I think you'll love it there. It's so relaxing." He said. He then led Juniper over to a corner of the room where there seemed to be a crack in the wall. As they got closer, the crack turned out to be another passageway, just large enough for a mouse a little taller than flash to walk through. "Careful. Mind your head." He warned, gently placing a paw on her back and guiding her to show how low she should duck to avoid bumping her head.

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you," Sally said, filming the walk and the grove on her phone as she bit into the apple.
Deus nodded. "You welcome. Will be back in a minute. If you need thing, just shout." Deus walked over to what originally looked like a fallen log, but on closer inspection was carved into a sort of giant straining spoon of some sort. The bear grabbed it with one massive paw and hefted it onto his shoulder before walking off toward the river.

Deus had been gone for a couple of minutes. Birds were chirping and squirrels were chittering in the trees. The orchard was looking quite beautiful, especially when surrounded by fall colors.

The birds and squirrels silenced themselves, leaving the area quiet and feeling abandoned. The only sound was something rustling in the bushes behind Sally. Then the sound was replaced with the soft padding of feet on the grass, getting closer and closer, faster and faster until something struck Sally from behind, tackling her to the ground. A massive, tan furred paw with dagger-like claws reached around and grabbed her around her mouth to silence her. "Chris! I caught something! We will eat well today!"

Something else rustled in the bushes, before a very thin mountain lion emerged from it. His ribs were visible, and his eyes were bloodshot. His stomach was shrunken. Overall, he looked starved half to death. He also looked mortified. "Sis, That's... That's a human! A human child!"

The cougar pinning Sally growled. "It's also defenseless, alone, and now it's dinner."

"Absolutely not! Have you gone insane?!" the brother, Chris, snarled.

"Have you?" the female retorted. "We haven't had more than a squirrel to fill our stomachs in two weeks. A squirrel we had to SHARE at that. Do you want to starve to death?"

"Rather risk starving than guarantee we get hunted down and slaughtered for killing one of their children!" the brother mountain lion grabbed his sister and pulled her up by the arm. She maintained her grip on Sally and pulled her with them, but the arm covering Sally's mouth slipped free. "If they found out what happened..."

"IF they find out. As hungry as I am, there won't be anything left for them to find!" She said, continuing the argument that was steadily turning into a shouting match.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Watt agreed and led Snapper off towards the water wheel construction, saying he should picture it later.
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank you," Sally said, filming the walk and the grove on her phone as she bit into the apple.
Deus nodded. "You welcome. Will be back in a minute. If you need thing, just shout." Deus walked over to what originally looked like a fallen log, but on closer inspection was carved into a sort of giant straining spoon of some sort. The bear grabbed it with one massive paw and hefted it onto his shoulder before walking off toward the river.

Deus had been gone for a couple of minutes. Birds were chirping and squirrels were chittering in the trees. The orchard was looking quite beautiful, especially when surrounded by fall colors.

The birds and squirrels silenced themselves, leaving the area quiet and feeling abandoned. The only sound was something rustling in the bushes behind Sally. Then the sound was replaced with the soft padding of feet on the grass, getting closer and closer, faster and faster until something struck Sally from behind, tackling her to the ground. A massive, tan furred paw with dagger-like claws reached around and grabbed her around her mouth to silence her. "Chris! I caught something! We will eat well today!"

Something else rustled in the bushes, before a very thin mountain lion emerged from it. His ribs were visible, and his eyes were bloodshot. His stomach was shrunken. Overall, he looked starved half to death. He also looked mortified. "Sis, That's... That's a human! A human child!"

The cougar pinning Sally growled. "It's also defenseless, alone, and now it's dinner."

"Absolutely not! Have you gone insane?!" the brother, Chris, snarled.

"Have you?" the female retorted. "We haven't had more than a squirrel to fill our stomachs in two weeks. A squirrel we had to SHARE at that. Do you want to starve to death?"

"Rather risk starving than guarantee we get hunted down and slaughtered for killing one of their children!" the brother mountain lion grabbed his sister and pulled her up by the arm. She maintained her grip on Sally and pulled her with them, but the arm covering Sally's mouth slipped free. "If they found out what happened..."

"IF they find out. As hungry as I am, there won't be anything left for them to find!" She said, continuing the argument that was steadily turning into a shouting match.
Sally had a strange bit of luck considering the two were being just loud enough for Snapper's strong ears to catch their arguing... he pulled on Watt's tail lightly to make sure he stopped. "... Um, Watt, Tracks... are there any large predators that sometimes Deus has to scare off? ... Because there's a chance at least two of them might be at the cave entrance"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Nola looked out on the park as they passed and sighed slightly. She'd have taken her kittens there and... She tried not to think of her boy as she glimpsed the Tortie on the roundabout. He'd be around about her age now. She wasn't sure the green thing the youngster was wearing suited them but that could just be because she couldn't see it properly as it spun around. Was that a skunk kit on there with her? At least she reckoned the adults were safe to be there, being two Rabbits and a familiar Otter. Then the car moved off.
Rudder didn't know how he got on this crazy ride, but the younger creatures on the roundabout could tell he wasn't handling the speed of the thing that well. The otter looked green in the face and was holding on for dear life as the thing spun around
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm what what," Watt wondered. "Oh, there are some, what what," he conceded, "but they don't hunt here what what. Much top close to a Bear, don'chaknow?"
------------
To put it mildly, Sally was scared. For the first second or so of seeing a Mountain Lion she'd thought it was that one from the local news, the one who'd moved in with the park rangers but she'd rapidly lost faith in that idea when they'd suggested eating her and she'd started trying to bite the pads over her mouth but they were really quite tight and covered her nose as well and she couldn't breathe and... It loosened for a moment and "DEUS," she yelled as best she could, forgetting the civility of calling him 'Mr' so she could get the message out before they replaced the hand. "HELP!"
-----------
Juniper walked alongside Flash, chuckling as he pushed her down a little and she tried to remember how many steps it had been since the last turning. She'd never get it right the first few hundred times but, after that? Possibly.
----------
"All right," Thomas conceded after a moment of pestering by Nola, "you can ask him if he wants to. Same restrictions, of course."
Nola took off the 'pleasing kitten' face she'd been using and hopped out of the car after he parked up. "You probably won't regret it," she said, grabbing her gifts from the back seat.
"Hello again," Thomas said as they re-entered the Vets. "Nola wants to give some things to the Fox that's in here? Is he awake?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:To put it mildly, Sally was scared. For the first second or so of seeing a Mountain Lion she'd thought it was that one from the local news, the one who'd moved in with the park rangers but she'd rapidly lost faith in that idea when they'd suggested eating her and she'd started trying to bite the pads over her mouth but they were really quite tight and covered her nose as well and she couldn't breathe and... It loosened for a moment and "DEUS," she yelled as best she could, forgetting the civility of calling him 'Mr' so she could get the message out before they replaced the hand. "HELP!"
The female cougar immediately slapped her paw back over Sally's mouth to silence her. "Shut up, you little brat! No one can hear you out here!" she snarled.
"Are... you sure she's alone?" the brother asked.
"Do you smell any other humans nearby?" She snapped back.
"I smell... something. Let's just leave her and get out of here before we really get into trouble!"
"You are going to starve to death, brother. Look at yourself! Your body is eating itself alive because it has nothing else to fuel it. Now we caught something, and you are going to die because you refuse this gift of luck?" She scolded, still holding Sally rather tightly to keep her from calling out again.
"But..." the male cougar was interrupted by the rumbling growls of his stomach. He sighed. "Fine. But let's take her back to the den to eat. It will be safer there, and less likely another human might stumble on us."

"I'm not carrying her the whole way by myself." the female mountain lion complained. "Get her legs, I'll get her arms. We'll carry her there together." The brother started walking towards the two. While he did, the female addressed Sally directly. "I can't carry you and cover your mouth. So if you scream again, I'll kill you right here. Got it?" She looked up at her brother. He was frozen where he stood, looking up apparently at the sky behind her with an expression of absolute horror. The female started getting angry. "You're too soft, bro. You are a predator! We have to kill things to live! Don't tell me you're squeamish about a little bloodshed?"

The brother had gone white and was shaking violently. When he took notice of what his sister was saying, he shook his head vigorously. He lifted an arm that practically vibrated with fear and pointed to something behind the female. "Ahh... Uh... b-b-b-b..." he stammered.

The female cougar turned around and found herself face to stomach with a mountainous ten foot wall of solid muscle covered in brown fur. Her eyes slowly turned upward until they rested on the scarred and livid looking face of the largest bear she had ever seen. Before she even had time to take a step, one of the bear's massive paws reached out and grabbed her around the torso. The bear lifted her clear off of the ground, pulling her away from Sally. Even having been lifted clear off of the ground, the bear was still looking down at her with eyes that burned with rage. Deus opened his jaws wide enough to easily bite the mountain lion's head off.

ROOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

The trees shuddered and rocked as the roar reverberated throughout the forest, able to be heard for miles. The sheer force of it blew the mountain lioness's entire head backwards and distorted the skin on her face like standing in the middle of a wind tunnel, and the volume left her ears ringing and in excruciating pain. Deus lifted her up above his head, then slammed her straight into the ground, knocking the wind straight out of her chest and leaving the lioness gasping for air. The male mountain lion ran towards them. "Kassandra! No!"

"Sally! Run!" Deus called out before bowing back a fist and swinging it straight at the male's stomach. The cougar dodged to the side and leaped onto Deus's back, sinking his teeth into the one spot on Deus's neck that was too scarred to grow fur, apparently due to a previous bite in the same area. Deus roared and reached for him, trying to pry him off.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Juniper walked alongside Flash, chuckling as he pushed her down a little and she tried to remember how many steps it had been since the last turning. She'd never get it right the first few hundred times but, after that? Possibly.
The two of them had just entered the passage when the entire cave started shaking from the distinctly recognizable and reverberating roars of Flash's friend, despite the bear being in the orchard half a mile away. "That was Deus! Something must be wrong!"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Woo! Hang on a moment, you two!" Piper laughs at Leslie and Oreo as she tries to use her footpaw to slow the spinning.
"I think we'd better let the otter off before he hurls!"

Once both the ride and her head have stopped spinning, Piper addresses the lutrine newcomer.
"I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name before. I'm Piper and this is Oreo, Leslie and my boyfriend Lucky. Are you okay? If you were any greener just now I'd have thought you were turning into a frog."

~~~~
"Oh, sorry, Kilo. I uh, guess I got a bit excited. Are you okay?" Flynn asks. Once he's reassured as to the mouse's health he turns his attention back to Nadia.
"Looking for you, silly! I was worried sick! You just up and vanished on me and right after you were kidnapped too! What was I supposed to do? I had to make sure you were okay!" He returns the cuddle as best he can with one arm still in his sling.

~~~~
"Oh, look out. Here comes trouble. I thought we were rid of you this time!" the good-natured nurse who'd been tending Nola during her stay jokes.
"Well, he's out of the coma, if that's what you mean. I can't guarantee he's not napping though. I'll take you through, shall I?" The nurse leads the pair through to the fox's cage before standing back so they can talk. She doesn't unlock the door though, instead reminding them to be careful since the fox is a wild animal and may carry disease. The fox lies on his back on his cot, a stiff foam collar around his neck. His eyes are shut but it's hard to tell if he's asleep or just faking it in hopes of being left alone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm a yo-yo, nurse," Nola joked, I'll keep coming back until the momentum drops."
The nurse led the way in and Thomas decided to let Nola do the talking here so he stood back as the Feline sat in a chair near the cage. A moment passed. Another. "I'm a Cat," Nola said with a sly grin, "who's on the hunt for a possible friend. I can outwait you," she continued, holding up the bag of stuff, "and I have gifts and a proposition."
"Just out of interest" Thomas asked the Nurse quietly, "how much would the vaccinations be?"
------------------------
Sally didn't need too much encouragement to scramble away but, not being sure of the exact route, she stopped some distance off, looking around quickly as her forgotten phone kept recording the encounter.
-----------------------
Juniper's ears drooped as she heard the roar that kind of reverberated around the place. She heard Flash talk of Deus but that got her thinking of someone else. "Sally's with him" she said quietly, almost pulling Flash back the way they'd come.
----------------------
"This is the thing with family and relationships," Kilo explained. "They tie people together, even over distance."
---------------------
"Soree, Mistur Otter," Leslie said.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally didn't need too much encouragement to scramble away but, not being sure of the exact route, she stopped some distance off, looking around quickly as her forgotten phone kept recording the encounter.
The phone was left resting against one of the apple trees. It fell there when the lioness tackled Sally. The phone was propped up in such a position that the camera had a perfect view of the fight, especially the part where Deus grabbed the male lion and threw him off of his shoulder and into another apple tree, causing several apples to fall down and thump the lion in the head. It would almost have been comedic if the situation weren't so serious.

The two lions stood up, but before they could make another move, Deus grabbed a nearby adolescent oak tree and tore it clean out of the ground, roots and all. He held it up like a bat and took aim at the pair of cougars.

"Oh, ****"
"NOPE."

The two started running. Deus swung the massive tree-club like a bat. The cougars dove for the ground, and the oak tree passed over them. The sister, noticing the scar on Deus's neck, jumped to her feet and leaped for it, claws out and teeth bared. She latched on and started scratching, climbing onto Deus's back. The bear roared again with pain and fury, swinging the oak tree wildly.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" the lioness's brother cried out.
"If-nrgh... if we can take him down, we'll eat like royalty for a month!" She called back at him. Deus had to admit. He had met and beaten a lot of predators before, but they usually weren't after him to be a meal.
"YOU'RE INSANE!!! YOU'LL GET YOURSELF KILLED!!!"
"Not if you help me!"

The brother hesitated, then charged in. He tried tackling Deus while he was distracted with the lioness, but the bear was far too heavy. Deus managed to reach up and grab the female, pulling her off of him and throwing her straight at the apple tree the phone rested against. She hit the ground and knocked the phone a few feet toward's Sally's direction. Deus threw the brother into the air, catching him in the gut with an uppercut on the way down. As the brother lay there, stunned and in a great deal of pain, Deus lifted the oak club over his head and swung it down at the sister. The lioness dodged out of the way, but the impact of the club knocked the apple tree over and sent the phone flying into a patch of grass next to where Sally was hiding. If she checked it, she would realize it was still working and still recording.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Juniper's ears drooped as she heard the roar that kind of reverberated around the place. She heard Flash talk of Deus but that got her thinking of someone else. "Sally's with him" she said quietly, almost pulling Flash back the way they'd come.
Flash didn't resist being pulled along the passage. In fact, as soon as they were in the main mouse village chamber, he was the one doing the pulling. "We need to move faster! Wait a second..." He pulled her aside and helped her into a small cart the mice had made to carry supplies down into the colony from the mouth of the cave. "Hold on tightly! I'll get us there faster!" When she had secured herself, flash grabbed the handle of the cart and started running as fast as his legs could carry him.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Woo! Hang on a moment, you two!" Piper laughs at Leslie and Oreo as she tries to use her footpaw to slow the spinning.
"I think we'd better let the otter off before he hurls!"

Once both the ride and her head have stopped spinning, Piper addresses the lutrine newcomer.
"I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name before. I'm Piper and this is Oreo, Leslie and my boyfriend Lucky. Are you okay? If you were any greener just now I'd have thought you were turning into a frog."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Soree, Mistur Otter," Leslie said.
The otter put up a finger as he took a few moments to lose his lunch to the side... he then turned back to the young ones. "My word... I once saw a monkey who could handle being shoot from a cannon... and yet somehow I feel like I went faster than he did on the days he got injured... h-how are all of you just standing without a much lighter gut?" He tried to steady himself a bit by pulling himself up on one of the bars on the ride.
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally didn't need too much encouragement to scramble away but, not being sure of the exact route, she stopped some distance off, looking around quickly as her forgotten phone kept recording the encounter.
The phone was left resting against one of the apple trees. It fell there when the lioness tackled Sally. The phone was propped up in such a position that the camera had a perfect view of the fight, especially the part where Deus grabbed the male lion and threw him off of his shoulder and into another apple tree, causing several apples to fall down and thump the lion in the head. It would almost have been comedic if the situation weren't so serious.

The two lions stood up, but before they could make another move, Deus grabbed a nearby adolescent oak tree and tore it clean out of the ground, roots and all. He held it up like a bat and took aim at the pair of cougars.

"Oh, ****"
"NOPE."

The two started running. Deus swung the massive tree-club like a bat. The cougars dove for the ground, and the oak tree passed over them. The sister, noticing the scar on Deus's neck, jumped to her feet and leaped for it, claws out and teeth bared. She latched on and started scratching, climbing onto Deus's back. The bear roared again with pain and fury, swinging the oak tree wildly.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" the lioness's brother cried out.
"If-nrgh... if we can take him down, we'll eat like royalty for a month!" She called back at him. Deus had to admit. He had met and beaten a lot of predators before, but they usually weren't after him to be a meal.
"YOU'RE INSANE!!! YOU'LL GET YOURSELF KILLED!!!"
"Not if you help me!"

The brother hesitated, then charged in. He tried tackling Deus while he was distracted with the lioness, but the bear was far too heavy. Deus managed to reach up and grab the female, pulling her off of him and throwing her straight at the apple tree the phone rested against. She hit the ground and knocked the phone a few feet toward's Sally's direction. Deus threw the brother into the air, catching him in the gut with an uppercut on the way down. As the brother lay there, stunned and in a great deal of pain, Deus lifted the oak club over his head and swung it down at the sister. The lioness dodged out of the way, but the impact of the club knocked the apple tree over and sent the phone flying into a patch of grass next to where Sally was hiding. If she checked it, she would realize it was still working and still recording.
Unnoticed by the larger carnivores was a single mouse, who the moment he'd had it confirmed that he'd heard predators had coming running towards the scene of the crime, hoping he could help somehow... he cursed inside his head as he watched the fighting occurring in front of him. "The one moment I don't have my camera, and I find a bear fighting with two giant felines. This is so unfai-" He pales as he sees the apple tree fall over... for one of the first times, his little mind that didn't comprehend fear in full now knew he never wanted to upset that bear... but luckily for Sally, the mouse noticed when the phone was sent flying in her direction. "Not my camera but it will have to do!" He dashed over to it, and gave a happy little chirrup as he saw it had already been recording the whole incident. He picked it up, and began recording with a slightly more professional handle, he didn't plan to miss anything that occurred now that he was a part of the big picture.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh, sorry, Kilo. I uh, guess I got a bit excited. Are you okay?" Flynn asks. Once he's reassured as to the mouse's health he turns his attention back to Nadia.
"Looking for you, silly! I was worried sick! You just up and vanished on me and right after you were kidnapped too! What was I supposed to do? I had to make sure you were okay!" He returns the cuddle as best he can with one arm still in his sling.
Ryyn thinks deeply about this. Finally he suggests, "...GPS?"
-----
Lucky examines the newcomer. Then he helps him to his feet. "Lots of experience. I'm Lucky, this is Piper, these two are Leslie and Oreo."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Lucky examines the newcomer. Then he helps him to his feet. "Lots of experience. I'm Lucky, this is Piper, these two are Leslie and Oreo."
*... he looked them over a bit, then extended a webbed paw to the rabbit* “I’m Rudder, you might run into me every now and then at the vet if you’re ever in there. Pleasure to meet you all Lucky” He did his best to smile despite how awful he felt after throwing up
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally, hiding close by, watched in fear as the battle progressed, almost too scared to move. Her eyes flicked down as... her phone moved? "S...Snapper," she whispered urgently, distracted for a second. She reached out a hand to pick the Mouse up and get him to a slightly safer place as she tried to care for others over her own fear. As long as she didn't have to move her legs...
--------------
"I hope they're OK," Juniper called over the wind whipping past her as she sat spreadeagle in the truck. "What could it be?"
-------------
"Didunt no I was going that fast," Leslie muttered.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Senka looked back at Kandi like she was crazy, as if she would share this cornucopia of food with someone she didn't consider part of her clout.
"They're so quick and sneaky... one time I wasn't paying attention and a few of them snuck away with my catch! Right under my nose! They disappeared before I could catch any of them!" She grumbled sorely as if had just happened yesterday.
"And it could... maybe... I mean they taste really good... all melty and gooey and sugary..." Senka began to look around for the packet of edible puff.
CyberDragon wrote: ROOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Kandi stands up.. looking around..
Ok now.. Just what was that..

WeirdGamer wrote: -----
Oreo is doubled over panting heavily.. Waving a fore-paw up into the air..
Hhhello there hooow arr you doing..
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I hope they're OK," Juniper called over the wind whipping past her as she sat spreadeagle in the truck. "What could it be?"
"Maybe... A... Predator? They... Sometimes... stray... into... Deus's territory!" Flash panted as he zoomed out of the passage and then out of the cave. He was running low on energy, fast. The effort of sprinting while also pulling Juniper with him was leaving him breathless. He was relieved in more ways than one when the pair finally reached the orchard. "There's Sally!" Flash said, pulling the cart right next to her. He then looked into the grove and saw what had made Deus so angry. "Deus is fighting a pair of mountain lions!" He told Juniper, collapsing onto the ground and panting from his overexertion.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally, hiding close by, watched in fear as the battle progressed, almost too scared to move. Her eyes flicked down as... her phone moved? "S...Snapper," she whispered urgently, distracted for a second. She reached out a hand to pick the Mouse up and get him to a slightly safer place as she tried to care for others over her own fear. As long as she didn't have to move her legs...
The lioness tried once again to leap onto Deus's back, but this time he was expecting it. The bear swung his massive oak tree club around and caught the lioness on the side, carrying her with the swing before launching her straight into an adult maple tree. She hit hard, causing a number of leaves to fall down on to her immobile and unconscious form.

"KASSANDRA! NO!" The male started running for his sister, but got caught by the backswing of Deus hefting the club onto his shoulder. The male was catapulted through the air and into the upper branches of a different maple tree on the other side of the orchard. He started falling down the branches like a plinko disk, before catching the last branch in a place that made even Deus flinch with empathy.

With the fight over, Deus tossed his "club" aside and walked over to Sally. "You safe now. Did hurt you?" he asked.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Didunt no I was going that fast," Leslie muttered.
Keeshah wrote:
Oreo is doubled over panting heavily.. Waving a fore-paw up into the air..
Hhhello there hooow arr you doing..
"... I think the skunk agrees... much too fast my little feline friend." He chuckled. "Hey, you kids ever see a circus act?"
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I hope they're OK," Juniper called over the wind whipping past her as she sat spreadeagle in the truck. "What could it be?"
"Maybe... A... Predator? They... Sometimes... stray... into... Deus's territory!" Flash panted as he zoomed out of the passage and then out of the cave. He was running low on energy, fast. The effort of sprinting while also pulling Juniper with him was leaving him breathless. He was relieved in more ways than one when the pair finally reached the orchard. "There's Sally!" Flash said, pulling the cart right next to her. He then looked into the grove and saw what had made Deus so angry. "Deus is fighting a pair of mountain lions!" He told Juniper, collapsing onto the ground and panting from his overexertion.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally, hiding close by, watched in fear as the battle progressed, almost too scared to move. Her eyes flicked down as... her phone moved? "S...Snapper," she whispered urgently, distracted for a second. She reached out a hand to pick the Mouse up and get him to a slightly safer place as she tried to care for others over her own fear. As long as she didn't have to move her legs...
The lioness tried once again to leap onto Deus's back, but this time he was expecting it. The bear swung his massive oak tree club around and caught the lioness on the side, carrying her with the swing before launching her straight into an adult maple tree. She hit hard, causing a number of leaves to fall down on to her immobile and unconscious form.

"KASSANDRA! NO!" The male started running for his sister, but got caught by the backswing of Deus hefting the club onto his shoulder. The male was catapulted through the air and into the upper branches of a different maple tree on the other side of the orchard. He started falling down the branches like a plinko disk, before catching the last branch in a place that made even Deus flinch with empathy.

With the fight over, Deus tossed his "club" aside and walked over to Sally. "You safe now. Did hurt you?" he asked.
There had been a few mild protesting squeaks from Snapper as he was grabbed unexpectedly, but he soon stopped when he recognized the feel of her skin. He was on her shoulder still taping by the time the bear came near them... he closed the phone and scurried down to put it in Sally's hand. "Let me get a copy of what you have, something tells me these pics are gonna look spectacular!" He squeaked up to Sally before noticing Juniper and Flash. "your owner is fine by the way miss June, more scared than hurt, honestly those big felines took more of a beating than anyone... feel kinda bad for the male, seems he was a little reluctant to go along with the plan to harm the young lass from what I could hear."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Th...thank y...you," Sally said to Snapper before scrambling to hug one of Deuses legs. "Th...they were go---going to eat me," she sobbed, "Coz... coz they were hungry!"
Juniper pushed herself out of the wagon and looked in the general direction of everything, sniffing the pungent feline smell in the air now. "Um," she said unhappily, looking to where she could hear the sobs and wishing there was something she could do, "thank you, Snapper." Calmly she walked around and helped Flash up so he could lean on her as she headed towards the area that smelled most like a bear. Her Human was there. "And Sally's not my owner," she added. "She's my human!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deus knelt down, putting a paw on Sally's shoulder in an effort to comfort her. Or, he tried, but his paw was as big as her entire arm, so it was a little difficult. "It okay." He said, letting her hug him. He took a quick look at her to see if she had any obvious injuries, but couldn't find any. "You okay. Everything will be fine. They not try to hurt you now, not when I here." Deus waited and let Sally hug him until she had calmed down.

Flash, meanwhile, was absolutely exhausted. His heart was pounding and his everything was aching from overexertion. He found himself leaning on Juniper, unable to speak until he had caught his breath.

When Sally started getting calmer, he spoke up again. "Should get you home. First though..." He pointed a thumb at the two incapacitated cougars. "What we do about them... Not leave them. Too close to cave..."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

WeirdGamer wrote: Ryyn thinks deeply about this. Finally he suggests, "...GPS?"
"Good guess" Nadia chuckled "But nah, I don't think GPS can work here yet." she said
Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh, sorry, Kilo. I uh, guess I got a bit excited. Are you okay?" Flynn asks. Once he's reassured as to the mouse's health he turns his attention back to Nadia.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "This is the thing with family and relationships," Kilo explained. "They tie people together, even over distance.".
"Yeah...I guess that's true" Nadia smiled distantly, giving Josh, who still sat a little distance away, next to the tent
"well, sorry for worrying everyone, but I'm alright. How about you guys, how about you Flynn? How's your wound?" the vixen asked gently.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Eh, as good as can be expected. Still hurts but it's healing." Flynn shrugs nonchalantly.
"Ow. So, why did you disappear? Will you come home again? I missed you!"

~~~~
Gameb18oy wrote: The otter put up a finger as he took a few moments to lose his lunch to the side... he then turned back to the young ones. "My word... I once saw a monkey who could handle being shoot from a cannon... and yet somehow I feel like I went faster than he did on the days he got injured... h-how are all of you just standing without a much lighter gut?" He tried to steady himself a bit by pulling himself up on one of the bars on the ride.
"Well, I can't speak for the kids but Lucky and me are rabbits." Piper says, offering the otter a tissue from her collar to wipe his mouth.
"Fun fact about rabbits - we're physically incapable of throwing up. That said, we can still feel pretty awful. Rudder though. What an awesome and fitting name for an otter!"
Gameb18oy wrote:"... I think the skunk agrees... much too fast my little feline friend." He chuckled. "Hey, you kids ever see a circus act?"
"... Are you going to do something with that sword?" Piper asks, a sparkle in her eye.

~~~~
The nurse thinks for a moment. "It'd be the same as for dogs so around eighty dollars or so."

The fox doesn't look around. He's prevented by the collar holding his neck straight and anyway, he can't be bothered.
"Why me?" he asks simply, not opening his eyes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Why not," Nola asked before sighing. "I was on the streets a year after a break, struggling to survive. Struggling to find meals and relying on the help from others at times. One of the big rules? If you get some luck and then get a chance to help someone else? Take it. Almost dyin' a week or so back gave me major luck an' brought me back to the Human family I'd lost. 'Course I'm not allowed to eat the Mice that seem to have turned up whilst I was away but hey..." She shifted a bit closer. "Got some major fortune to pass on and you came in same day as I did so why not you? Proposition's this. You let them do what vaccinations they have to do - Thomas here'll pay..."
"Who else," Thomas muttered to the Nurse, "I'm a wallet on legs"
"...and you can do your recuperating with us at the house. No eating the Mice and you can live in the poolhouse..."
"SMALL poolhouse," Thomas said, cringing as he used his fingers to emphasise how 'small' it was.
"...use the pool and make sure I don't go mad by helping me recover as I do you. So? Pool, garden and open air for R&R or the cage? What is your name, by the way?"
--------------
"Um..," Sally said, trying to think without looking at the Cougars.
"I have a thought," Juniper cut in. "Well, actually, I have two thoughts but one of them's not nice. The other one..? If they get taken to the Humans wouldn't they put them in a zoo?" She shrugged. "They'd feed them there. Especially if they're proven dangerous."
Sally sniffed, then thought to check her 'phone for video. "Snapper said he'd recorded it..." She gave the newer Mouse a smile and hoped he was OK with her being still shaky.
-------------
Leslie watched the Otter.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:

"Sounds like trouble. Or a bear. Or a one of those dinosaurs you see on the tee-vee or something..." Senka mumbled, already starting to stand up, eyes and ears alert. "You wanna... find out which one it is?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um..," Sally said, trying to think without looking at the Cougars.
"I have a thought," Juniper cut in. "Well, actually, I have two thoughts but one of them's not nice. The other one..? If they get taken to the Humans wouldn't they put them in a zoo?" She shrugged. "They'd feed them there. Especially if they're proven dangerous."
Sally sniffed, then thought to check her 'phone for video. "Snapper said he'd recorded it..." She gave the newer Mouse a smile and hoped he was OK with her being still shaky.
"Then we need get them to town." Deus said. "They need treatment." Deus started walking in the direction of the river. "Stay close me Sally. Don't leave sight."
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:

"Sounds like trouble. Or a bear. Or a one of those dinosaurs you see on the tee-vee or something..." Senka mumbled, already starting to stand up, eyes and ears alert. "You wanna... find out which one it is?"
I was afraid that you were going to say that.. You think that you can find where that scream came from?
Should we get the rifle from the truck?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Eh, as good as can be expected. Still hurts but it's healing." Flynn shrugs nonchalantly.
"Ow. So, why did you disappear? Will you come home again? I missed you!"
"ah......about that." Nadia's smile faltered a little "I miss you too, I miss everyone, but...things....changed"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"As we are here, dear lady," Kilo said, still dusting himself down but more theatrically any anything now, "and you know we are unlikely to go away if so ordered, I think it would be better if you explained, hmm?"
--------------
Sally picked all allowing Mice up and put them on her shoulders before following Deus. "Oh," she said, holding the screen of her phone up so Flash could see it, "t...this is what the c-camera got."
"Is there commentary," Juniper asked cheekily.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash watched the video, providing the commentary for Juniper. The camera captured nearly everything. It started with the simple walk with Deus through the woods and into the Orchard. Deus explained he was going to fish for a minute, and walked off. A couple of minutes of recording was dedicated to the peaceful sights and sounds of the orchard, when everything went silent. The camera suddenly went wild as the phone was thrown through the air before landing next to the apple tree, facing the sight of Sally being pinned down by a starved mountain lioness. It recorded their conversation, and their threats, when the image showed Deus's massive silhouette approaching from behind the lioness.

The camera had a good view of the rescue and resulting fight. Flash kept describing it to Juniper, a little more excited than he should probably be. He described how Deus ripped an entire tree out of the ground and started using it as a club. Then the phone was knocked flying and was found by Snapper just in time to capture Deus knocking the apple tree down. The video continued, now shot from a more professional angle. There was a pause in Flash's commentary when he cringed at the painful end of Deus's Lion Plinko game. Finally, the video ended with Deus walking up and checking to see if Sally was Ok.

"The video captured everything, it looks like!" Flash said as Sally followed Deus out into a clearing by the river where a bunch of fishing equipment crafted out of various forest materials lay. Flash was again a little too enthusiastic. "Sorry, Sally. I know this had to be scary for you. But this video could mean everything for Deus and me." He said. "The video shows Deus saving you, a human child, from serious danger. That should go an enormous way toward humans accepting him. If humans accept him, he might be able to go into town. We could possibly get jobs. We could afford to get ourselves actual food. To be honest, we weren't sure if we were going to make it through this winter." Flash said, a little uncomfortably. "The orchard hasn't had a good yield this year. But if Deus get's accepted by the people in Richmond Acres, we can get help. Or jobs."

Deus reached down and picked up a number of ropes and a net, all made of woven ivy. With the ropes in hand, he led Sally back to the Orchard where he started tying up the cougars' arms and legs. He then tied the two together and wrapped them in the ivy net. They were now thoroughly immobilized and restrained.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: The otter put up a finger as he took a few moments to lose his lunch to the side... he then turned back to the young ones. "My word... I once saw a monkey who could handle being shoot from a cannon... and yet somehow I feel like I went faster than he did on the days he got injured... h-how are all of you just standing without a much lighter gut?" He tried to steady himself a bit by pulling himself up on one of the bars on the ride.
"Well, I can't speak for the kids but Lucky and me are rabbits." Piper says, offering the otter a tissue from her collar to wipe his mouth.
"Fun fact about rabbits - we're physically incapable of throwing up. That said, we can still feel pretty awful. Rudder though. What an awesome and fitting name for an otter!"
Gameb18oy wrote:"... I think the skunk agrees... much too fast my little feline friend." He chuckled. "Hey, you kids ever see a circus act?"
"... Are you going to do something with that sword?" Piper asks, a sparkle in her eye.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie watched the Otter.
He smiled, walking back a few steps so they wouldn't unintentionally move too close to the blade as he quickly pulled out his sword. He made a show of spinning it by its handle with his palm. "I think I can show you a few things... though I may need some help, can you guys bring me some things you think be cool to see sliced in one go at them? I'm quite fond of watermelon as I have snacks to share after its done" He said that with a strong chuckle.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Um..," Sally said, trying to think without looking at the Cougars.
He smiled back at her. "I'm more used to still images, but I hope I kept the video looking clear..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sally picked all allowing Mice up and put them on her shoulders before following Deus. "Oh," she said, holding the screen of her phone up so Flash could see it, "t...this is what the c-camera got."
"Is there commentary," Juniper asked cheekily.
CyberDragon wrote:Flash watched the video, providing the commentary for Juniper. The camera captured nearly everything. It started with the simple walk with Deus through the woods and into the Orchard. Deus explained he was going to fish for a minute, and walked off. A couple of minutes of recording was dedicated to the peaceful sights and sounds of the orchard, when everything went silent. The camera suddenly went wild as the phone was thrown through the air before landing next to the apple tree, facing the sight of Sally being pinned down by a starved mountain lioness. It recorded their conversation, and their threats, when the image showed Deus's massive silhouette approaching from behind the lioness.

The camera had a good view of the rescue and resulting fight. Flash kept describing it to Juniper, a little more excited than he should probably be. He described how Deus ripped an entire tree out of the ground and started using it as a club. Then the phone was knocked flying and was found by Snapper just in time to capture Deus knocking the apple tree down. The video continued, now shot from a more professional angle. There was a pause in Flash's commentary when he cringed at the painful end of Deus's Lion Plinko game. Finally, the video ended with Deus walking up and checking to see if Sally was Ok.

"The video captured everything, it looks like!" Flash said as Sally followed Deus out into a clearing by the river where a bunch of fishing equipment crafted out of various forest materials lay. Flash was again a little too enthusiastic. "Sorry, Sally. I know this had to be scary for you. But this video could mean everything for Deus and me." He said. "The video shows Deus saving you, a human child, from serious danger. That should go an enormous way toward humans accepting him. If humans accept him, he might be able to go into town. We could possibly get jobs. We could afford to get ourselves actual food. To be honest, we weren't sure if we were going to make it through this winter." Flash said, a little uncomfortably. "The orchard hasn't had a good yield this year. But if Deus get's accepted by the people in Richmond Acres, we can get help. Or jobs."

Deus reached down and picked up a number of ropes and a net, all made of woven ivy. With the ropes in hand, he led Sally back to the Orchard where he started tying up the cougars' arms and legs. He then tied the two together and wrapped them in the ivy net. They were now thoroughly immobilized and restrained.
Sally is caught a little off guard as Snapper, runs toward the male lion, still awake, but too weak to resist the bear as he was tied up, possibly all to eager for it as the mention of the zoo providing them food. He started to climb up onto the giant cat until he was standing right on his muzzle before Deus could start tying that up so the male couldn't bite them or the ropes. "... So you kinda lost bad against the bear, not that I think you had a chance after I saw that tree get destroyed by him... I had a little trouble hearing that argument in the cave, but I think you should have pushed back against your sister's plans, maybe ask Sally to get you food, the humans have mountains of meat in just their houses alone." He looks behind him at Deus, missing any signs of the bears likely worry. "Hey, do you mind if I stay with this guy while you carry them into town? I want to see if he'd be fine with me taking pics of him after he and his sis are placed in the zoo? The female sounded kinda mean so I want to talk before she wakes up"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's one way of breaking it to them," Juniper said quietly to Flash and Sally. She raised her voice so all could hear if they were capable. "Humes got two ways of dealing with those try to hunt their young, big Cats. Zoo's the better for you. You might need to deal with Humans looking at you but you'll be safe and fed. Other way is worse. Trust a prey on that will'ya? Sally doesn't want you hurt despite you trying to eat her so it was her idea..."
"It was your idea," Sally protested in a near hiss.
"I had it a second before you and you know it," the blind Mouse declared. "So relax and be helped. By the bear that beat you up."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Sally is caught a little off guard as Snapper, runs toward the male lion, still awake, but too weak to resist the bear as he was tied up, possibly all to eager for it as the mention of the zoo providing them food. He started to climb up onto the giant cat until he was standing right on his muzzle before Deus could start tying that up so the male couldn't bite them or the ropes. "... So you kinda lost bad against the bear, not that I think you had a chance after I saw that tree get destroyed by him... I had a little trouble hearing that argument in the cave, but I think you should have pushed back against your sister's plans, maybe ask Sally to get you food, the humans have mountains of meat in just their houses alone." He looks behind him at Deus, missing any signs of the bears likely worry. "Hey, do you mind if I stay with this guy while you carry them into town? I want to see if he'd be fine with me taking pics of him after he and his sis are placed in the zoo? The female sounded kinda mean so I want to talk before she wakes up"
Deus looked sideways at Snapper as he was about to muzzle the cougar. The mouse wanted to talk to the mountain lion? Deus shook his head, then snarled at the cougar, giving a clear indication that the male should behave himself. "Go ahead." He said to Snapper.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's one way of breaking it to them," Juniper said quietly to Flash and Sally. She raised her voice so all could hear if they were capable. "Humes got two ways of dealing with those try to hunt their young, big Cats. Zoo's the better for you. You might need to deal with Humans looking at you but you'll be safe and fed. Other way is worse. Trust a prey on that will'ya? Sally doesn't want you hurt despite you trying to eat her so it was her idea..."
"It was your idea," Sally protested in a near hiss.
"I had it a second before you and you know it," the blind Mouse declared. "So relax and be helped. By the bear that beat you up."
"please..." The mountain lion spoke a little weakly and in a somewhat higher pitched tone than when he was speaking before. Tears were welling in his eyes, but they weren't a result of the pain he was in. Though, that likely didn't help. "Please... take pictures. Throw us in the Zoo... just please, don't let the humans kill us... P-Please..." he sobbed. "W-we're starving! D-desperate! W-we haven't had a-anything to eat in w-weeks! I-I'm so s-s-sorry!"

His sister shifted around, then mumbled something. "So... *cough*... so quick to give up our freedom... aren't you, brother?" her eyes opened. They were red from injury as much as from anger.

"Our freedom is already gone, Kassandra. It was gone when you attacked a human. The best we can hope for now is that the humans will have a little pity."

Deus walked up to the tied up cougars pulling a wooden cart behind him that he normally uses to carry fruit back to the cave. He carefully placed the two mountain lions on it. "We need go. They not survive without medicine and vet."
-Champion Motto