2019/03/06 - Little Stinkers

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: 2019/03/06 - Little Stinkers

Post by Gameb18oy »

CunningFox wrote:This relates to something that occurred to me recently.

Craig and Draig are the mortal incarnations of the gods responsible for the Opener-Religion, and it's implied Kitsune might be their father [even if he isn't, he's still responsible for their existence]. So Craig and Draig are the children of a god living among mortals. They could be the messiahs [or anti-messiahs] of Openerdom.

Or maybe I'm just talking nonsense.
I mean, guess it makes sense now why Kitsune is acting like their dad, he’s the closest thing to it if it was a miraculous pregnancy.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Props to Zach. He lied there while Cassia gave birth right next to him and didn’t freak out or anything. He handled it like a champ. He’s come a long way. Keene on the other hand does not look like he’s handling it well and I think that’s funny.
Argent wrote:
Gbr23 wrote:That is one big bed
They're all pretty small animals.
It’s probably a King sized bed. Even Keene’s not crazy to have a bed specially made to be excessively huge.
Gameb18oy wrote:

Craig and Draig are the mortal incarnations of the gods responsible for the Opener-Religion, and it's implied Kitsune might be their father [even if he isn't, he's still responsible for their existence]. So Craig and Draig are the children of a god living among mortals. They could be the messiahs [or anti-messiahs] of Openerdom.

I mean, guess it makes sense now why Kitsune is acting like their dad, he’s the closest thing to it if it was a miraculous pregnancy.
If that’s the case then wouldn’t that mean they think Zach’s the father of the Fox kits. Yeah, I feel like we really need to follow up on what’s happening that whole....situation with Kitsune in general.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:If that’s the case then wouldn’t that mean they think Zach’s the father of the Fox kits. Yeah, I feel like we really need to follow up on what’s happening that whole....situation with Kitsune in general.
Depends on how crazy Custom Ink is with the ideas, but yes - thinking Zach is the father is possible, but more in the 'you'll have kids if you are within his presence' kind of miracles. x3

It's safe to assume that Custom Ink will come up with anything for Zach at this point on a personal belief that Zach can magic up whatever the universe throws at him. If a meteor landed and someone survived the crash, she would say the survivor was protected by the opener.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I guess they're still in the spa, it seems so. It's nice time for the fuzzy couple. ;) Eheh, they invited their new friends even in the bed. :D Oh, nice to meet your sister, Cory, and congrats to her (what about give Zach his collar back also if it's now probably lost forever? :roll:). :) So, Custom Ink thinks you're also a sort of fertility god, Zach? :P And yeah, there's still to know who's the real father of Kix's kits (that's tricky to spell :P)... Well, goodnight for now. ;)
Arimuss

Post by Arimuss »

Gods, is it wrong that seeing Breel and Special-K together makes my heart melt.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Have to admit I am curious if these actually were immaculate conceptions if they were brought about by Kitsune, Draig and Craig being among the woodland critters or if there are actually fathers for the kits that we have seen including Draig and Craig. If there aren't any fathers, then instead of assuming Zack is the father, I'm gonna say that Kitsune brought about the pregnancies.

So congratulations Craig and Draig! You now have 5 new skunk half-siblings! :D
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Arimuss wrote:Gods, is it wrong that seeing Breel and Special-K together makes my heart melt.
Nowhere near as wrong as that lustful look Cassia is giving to Zach.

She's gonna get mauled by Jessica if she keeps that up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would pay good money to see Jessica take on Cassia.

Well not money. Maybe pet food. 8-)
Wikirojo

Post by Wikirojo »

fenrirblack wrote:Props to Zach. He lied there while Cassia gave birth right next to him and didn’t freak out or anything. He handled it like a champ. He’s come a long way. Keene on the other hand does not look like he’s handling it well and I think that’s funny.
Argent wrote:
It’s probably a King sized bed. Even Keene’s not crazy to have a bed specially made to be excessively huge.
Gameb18oy wrote:

If that’s the case then wouldn’t that mean they think Zach’s the father of the Fox kits. Yeah, I feel like we really need to follow up on what’s happening that whole....situation with Kitsune in general.
Zach has had a big character evolution since he arrived at the Christmas of 2008. :)

I don't think a "King" sized bed would be that big
No bad pun intended :lol:

P.D. Yeah, Kitsune is a funny but misterious character. I hope we get to see more of him.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would pay good money to see Jessica take on Cassia.

Well not money. Maybe pet food. 8-)
If she's anything like her brother it won't be much of a fight.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Argent wrote:The skunk pup isn't tagged.
Champion Wallace wrote:That skunk kit is on panel but doesn't have a tag (and consequently, a name)! What will we do?
I noticed.
NHWestoN wrote:Cory, shouldn't you and sis be hibernating?
No, they shouldn't be hibernating because skunks don't hibernate.

Well, the reason they haven't influenced the Opener-Religion yet isn't from lack of Craig trying.
fenrirblack wrote:Props to Zach. He lied there while Cassia gave birth right next to him and didn’t freak out or anything. He handled it like a champ. He’s come a long way. Keene on the other hand does not look like he’s handling it well and I think that’s funny.
My interpretation of "just had her litter" was it happened sometime in the last day or two, not within the last minute or two.
fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:
King sized.png
King sized.png (169.35 KiB) Viewed 9189 times
Cesco wrote: :) So, Custom Ink thinks you're also a sort of fertility god, Zach? :P
Yamitora1 wrote:well he is a rabbit and we know what they are good at lol
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
My interpretation of "just had her litter" was it happened sometime in the last day or two, not within the last minute or two.
I feel like Keene would have or at least should have known about that along with the others before getting into bed together.
Champion Wallace wrote:
You mean Over the Hedge lied to us! :o
Heres a fun fact, some Skunks gather in communal dens during the winter so this entire....whatever is not that unusual. Apparently.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, it's not technically "hibernation" but they do have group sleep-overs. A farmer I knew found a bunch of them in a corner of his hay barn and covered them back up. There were both adults and kits. They apparently left a couple of days later, relocated or went out for pizza or something, but they must have been pretty groggy when he first encountered them.

Now as I remember, it was winter and snowtime when Cory pulled his first con on Zachery and when he and Trinket plotted stealing supplies from the tree house site......
Champion Wallace

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
I feel like Keene would have or at least should have known about that along with the others before getting into bed together.
It's not Keene's job to keep track of all the wildlife pregnancies. Also, I think when he invited them over, he didn't imagine they'd join him in his own bed.
fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
You mean Over the Hedge lied to us! :o
Heres a fun fact, some Skunks gather in communal dens during the winter so this entire....whatever is not that unusual. Apparently.
I don't think you should be taking Over the Hedge literally :) . Although, it wasn't completely wrong. In really cold weather skunks will stay in their den and plug the entrance. They just don't hibernate in there.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So they just stay in their den all winter and don't come out for anything or hunt? How do they survive without eating or drinking? :|
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It's Keene.

He probably has enough food to last a month in there. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would imagine that there are also other bedrooms but they took the invitation literally and said he couldn't take it back by kicking them out of his bed.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I wouldn't put it past Keene to do anything anymore. I stopped being surprised by him a long time ago. I mean he was the one who sent a bunch on animals into a deadly temple just so he could get hold of unlimited power. Kicking a bunch of animals out the bed would not be hard.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:It’s probably a King sized bed.
More Joel-sized if you ask me.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

just realized no one has a collar on, they're all naked in bed lol
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I can't blame 'em, sleeping with those things on seems kinda uncomfortable
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hah, that alt text made me laugh. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pets in real life do it just fine. I guess that they were just too lazy to put them back around their necks.

Either that or they all just like to sleep nude. :3
Champion Wallace

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So they just stay in their den all winter and don't come out for anything or hunt? How do they survive without eating or drinking? :|
Well, it's not for the entire winter; They do partake in reduced activity. additionally, reduced activity does mean reduced expenditures. Fun fact, striped skunks in our world give birth in late April and May. Take that how you will in the context of this comic that came out in early March. Additionally, baby skunks can't spray until they're about a month old, so they wouldn't be "little stinkers" anymore than babies of other species.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually I just found out that fun fact about baby skunks earlier today. That would be because this strip made me want to go take a look what baby skunks look like and that is when I learned about that fact. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Baby skunks are seriously cute. In the wild, they follow mom in straight line which is quite charming to watch (from a safe distance).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if they are really young they can't spray you yet so you could get close if mom is not around.
Champion Wallace

Skunks are cool critters, despite the bad rap they get from the media. They're known chiefly as smelly, but their scent glands are so specialized that unlike Ferrets, foxes, and human teenagers, skunks don't produce a smell on day-to-day activities (even when they do spray, technically speaking it's not the skunk that's smelly, but the fool that miffed it).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that they are adorable but with all the spraying videos on YouTube I would still keep a wide berth. That and a few years ago one skunk sprayed my (now deceased) dog when I let him out at 3 in the morning.

Apparently, its also fashionable to call them "fart kittens".
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Man, what people won't put on YouTube.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well at least the creators of YouTube have some guidelines to help even if they are all over the place.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Are you unironically praising YouTube guidelines? The thing just about every youtuber complains are not made clear to them?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't know. All I know is there is a lot of iffy stuff if you look hard.