HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by SeanWolf »

"Ok, why am I having this feeling that someone is following me..." he thinks to himself as something begins to creep over him inside again as he continues his search for a used book store..."If someone is...No, I won't do it...not after what happened..."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:Rig nodded, "I guess it helps that I am not most dogs. Easier to get a feel for what nervous is, when a lot of people are nervous around you," he let out a small laugh.
Zeke nod as he turns on the light to the basement, smiling some as he saw a couple covered machines, a soft grin crossing his muzzle "Well glad he decided to keep it, and maybe got a couple of new ones too!" he pulled the tarp off, revealing the rather dusty arcade cabinets underneath
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe sighed. "I wonder if Ghostie could get out and push..." She said, staring out the window at whatever they passed.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig tilted his head slightly at the machines sitting before him, "So these are the arcade machine that you spoke about?" He pushed one of the buttons, "I must admit, this looks like something Noah would know more about than me."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke nodded, his tail swaying excitedly "Yep! These are the ones!" He motioned to the one that had what looked to be a small stage with four arrows pointing in different directions "This one in particular happens to be one of my favorites!" He gave a smile, his tail swaying faster now as he looked for the cords and everything to set it up "So who's Noah? Anyone I might meet in the future?"
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The wolf, after shaking the feeling from himself, then starts to get a bit...agitated..."Ok...I'm starting to get the feeling I either passed by the store or this mall doesn't have one...calm down man, just focus on the store and there won't be any issues...but I swear if there isn't one, then I'm gonna be a bit...mh!"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

[►►]
"We're here." soqhu states as the truck pulls into the lot of a rather large building that proclaims itself to have the bes selection of furniture and mattresses in the state.
climbing out of he truck Rua groans and stretches a little, before commenting "Ugh... once we've got what we need loaded into the truck i'm taking us the fast way home. we are not doing that twice." as she opens the passenger door for Phoebe.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

When Rua walked around to open the car door, the Nightmare demon melted into the skull-like pattern on Phoebe's back, hiding itself from view. "Thanks, Miss Rua!" Phoebe said politely as she stepped outside. "So what kinds'a stuff are we getting here?" She asks, following along behind Rua.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well I doubt my hammock can hold the weight of more than one of us, and the big fella snores, so you both need something of your own to sleep on." Rua explained as they walked toards the entrance, passing by a large sign detailing what other stores were here.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe's eyes positively lit up with excitement. "You... you mean... I'm going to get a bed to sleep in? All to myself? A clean one?" Happy tears started to well up in her eyes. Then, she smiled, and gave Rua a hug.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Mac chuckled lightly and nodded towards Socks. Ah, that seems fair. Only hope it feels better for ya than a stuffy cage."

Alex turned her attention to Sandy and shrugged. "I don't know. I was initially only here for guard detail for Amanda's appointment. No idea what you guys had planned, or in this case, not planned."

Amanda shook her head. "It was my idea to come here, so I do not think I should throw my hat into the ring on that. Do not want to domineer, at all, you know." She chuckled a little. "I am unsure if our diminishing cast of friends either makes a choice of what to do easier or harder."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, it can't be much worse." Socks shugs, settling back into the recliner and putting his paws up as he lazily chews a third cookie. He won't admit it but it's been a long time since he's had fresh food of any kind.

"Well, I'm good for anything. Not like I have to rush of anywhere. I have all the time in the world." Holly deadpans.

"Do you have any thuggeth-th-th ideath, Kaylee?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"We really need to work on your concept of normality." Rua states flatly, her expression mostly blank save for hints of frustration, "What you dealt with before was messed up. Most places aren't like that."

as they pass through the entrance she notices there's a book store across from the one they're headed to, and has to fight the temptation to wander over an loose hours browsing.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The wolf, after wandering around for a good bit, plops himself down on a nearby bench with a look that screamed 'I Give Up'..."Hmph...Guess there isn't a book store or I'm just completely missing it..." he thinks to himself, "Guess I should've asked someone....even though I'm still a tad worried about it..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:Bonnie frowns momentarily before mumbling 'oh you're no fun.' before focusing on jake again.
"So, had anywhere in mind?"
"
"Oh," Jake commented after thinking for a short time, "there's usually music playing down by the river if you stroll along it for long enough. We could always saunter along and see?"
"Ah, the moonlit walk," Mrs Wilkins muttered appreciatively, "The times I had..."
-----------------
"Mostly, Sandy," Kaylee said, smirking at Socks' forced grumpiness, "I let my paws do the walking and the rest of me just follows 'em. We could always go see what's open of an evening before heading to the house. Or stick with the guys here?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Zeke nodded, his tail swaying excitedly "Yep! These are the ones!" He motioned to the one that had what looked to be a small stage with four arrows pointing in different directions "This one in particular happens to be one of my favorites!" He gave a smile, his tail swaying faster now as he looked for the cords and everything to set it up "So who's Noah? Anyone I might meet in the future?"
"He is a friend who is living with me after his house was burned down by criminals. You will probably meet him if I told him that you have such a collection down here. Like I said, this is definitely more his thing than mine."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"We really need to work on your concept of normality." Rua states flatly, her expression mostly blank save for hints of frustration, "What you dealt with before was messed up. Most places aren't like that."

as they pass through the entrance she notices there's a book store across from the one they're headed to, and has to fight the temptation to wander over an loose hours browsing.
"If most people are as nice as you, the world must be pretty nice too, huh Miss Rua?" Phoebe smiled and followed along. Her smile turned into a slightly concerned frown. The dark pattern on her back had moved, forming a shadowy claw that reached up and lightly pulled her ear back while the shadow whispered into it. Luckily, the Nightmare was being discrete, so no one saw, and the demon wasn't even leaving the patches on Phoebe's back. "Um... Miss Rua? Ghostie says there's someone... like us... near here? Ghostie says they might be dangerous, but he said the same thing about you, so I'm not gonna listen to that bit." The shadow on Phoebe's back hissed quietly in response and retreated fully into the skull pattern on her fur. "You're mean, Ghostie. That's why."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Mostly, Sandy," Kaylee said, smirking at Socks' forced grumpiness, "I let my paws do the walking and the rest of me just follows 'em. We could always go see what's open of an evening before heading to the house. Or stick with the guys here?"
"Yay!" Sandy exclaims, jumping to his feet as though propelled by his violently wagging tail.
"Uh oh, you've done it now, Kaylee! You said the 'W' word!"
"WALKIETH!!!" the retriever yells, throwing his paws in the air and running in a tight circle.

"Tch. Dogs!" Socks' eye roll could have won a prize.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee laughed and moved over to hug Amanda. "I get the feeling I just talked myself into heading out, 'Manda," she told her friend. "Although you can always come with us?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Really? That's odd... If there is, I can't sense them the way I can you and eclipse..." Rua answered, scanning the crowd for anyone who stood out as they crossed the final distance from the entrance to the store. Still, no one knows thaumatic energies like ethereal ones, so she was inclined to trust the little demon's senses just this once. If he said there was someone nearby, there was someone nearby...

- - - - -

"Sounds like a plan." bonnie answered with a nod. maybe having days off from time to time wasn't such a bad thing after all.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Right...I'll check around near the entrance...if I can't find the store there then I'm gonna head back home..." the wolf tells himself as he stands up from the bench "But that feeling..I swear there's someone here following meNOPE...I told myself I'm gonna ignore that feeling and focus on the search for a book store...still though, something's off..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Really? That's odd... If there is, I can't sense them the way I can you and eclipse..." Rua answered, scanning the crowd for anyone who stood out as they crossed the final distance from the entrance to the store. Still, no one knows thaumatic energies like ethereal ones, so she was inclined to trust the little demon's senses just this once. If he said there was someone nearby, there was someone nearby...
Phoebe decided to ask for a bit more information. "Who is it, Ghostie? Can you say?"

The Nightmare spirit whispered something to phoebe. Then it's arm vanished back into the dark markings on Phoebe's back. The "markings" slid and snaked down to the ground, filtering out into Phoebe's shadow. Two glowing red lights illuminated in the shadows. The glowing lights moved through the darkest points of the shadows cast by signs, walls, benches, people, anywhere there was a shadow to hide in. The Nightmare got as far as it could, but was unable to move too far from Phoebe, so the rabbit took Rua by the hand and followed the glowing eyes. "Come on, Miss Rua! Ghostie thinks we should follow him!"
SeanWolf wrote:"Right...I'll check around near the entrance...if I can't find the store there then I'm gonna head back home..." the wolf tells himself as he stands up from the bench "But that feeling..I swear there's someone here following meNOPE...I told myself I'm gonna ignore that feeling and focus on the search for a book store...still though, something's off..."
The wolf would find himself stuck to the ground, unable to lift either foot. If he looked down, he would see skeletal claws of pure darkness reaching out from his own shadow, gripping his feet and pinning them to the floor.

Phoebe followed along soon after, looking at the floor when she saw the Nightmare's claws reaching out of the shadows. "Ghostie, don't grab people! That's rude!" Her eyes turned up at the person the demon had led her to. Something about him made her nervous. When Nightmare let go of him and retreated back to Phoebe, Phoebe hid behind Rua. "Sorry, mister..."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Buster wrote:"Really? That's odd... If there is, I can't sense them the way I can you and eclipse..." Rua answered, scanning the crowd for anyone who stood out as they crossed the final distance from the entrance to the store. Still, no one knows thaumatic energies like ethereal ones, so she was inclined to trust the little demon's senses just this once. If he said there was someone nearby, there was someone nearby...
Phoebe decided to ask for a bit more information. "Who is it, Ghostie? Can you say?"

The Nightmare spirit whispered something to phoebe. Then it's arm vanished back into the dark markings on Phoebe's back. The "markings" slid and snaked down to the ground, filtering out into Phoebe's shadow. Two glowing red lights illuminated in the shadows. The glowing lights moved through the darkest points of the shadows cast by signs, walls, benches, people, anywhere there was a shadow to hide in. The Nightmare got as far as it could, but was unable to move too far from Phoebe, so the rabbit took Rua by the hand and followed the glowing eyes. "Come on, Miss Rua! Ghostie thinks we should follow him!"
SeanWolf wrote:"Right...I'll check around near the entrance...if I can't find the store there then I'm gonna head back home..." the wolf tells himself as he stands up from the bench "But that feeling..I swear there's someone here following meNOPE...I told myself I'm gonna ignore that feeling and focus on the search for a book store...still though, something's off..."
The wolf would find himself stuck to the ground, unable to lift either foot. If he looked down, he would see skeletal claws of pure darkness reaching out from his own shadow, gripping his feet and pinning them to the floor.

Phoebe followed along soon after, looking at the floor when she saw the Nightmare's claws reaching out of the shadows. "Ghostie, don't grab people! That's rude!" Her eyes turned up at the person the demon had led her to. Something about him made her nervous. When Nightmare let go of him and retreated back to Phoebe, Phoebe hid behind Rua. "Sorry, mister..."
Before he could even move, the wolf found himself stuck somehow to the floor...before seeing the claws grabbing "WHAT THE..." he shouts in fear before they recede as another voice pops up. Turning to face the owner of the voice, his anger gets the best of him as he shouts "You better explain to me what that was that just grabbed me!" as he points to the floor, his hand beginning to throb a bit.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"W-wait we're out in public that might not-" is about as close to telling phoebe this is a bad idea as Rua gets before she's being dragged along towards an unfamiliar wolf. Part of her wondering if that blasted shadow is boosting her strength or something.

once the confrontation started, she just grumbled "Oh wonderful..." as she shook her head, as she rapidly tied to think up an idea on how to cast binding shadows if she needed to without being noticed by the other shoppers, and coming up blank.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe cowered behind Rua when shouted at. The eyes on her markings glowed a fierce, fiery red. "I'm sorry mister wolf!" she said, tearing up. "Please don't be mad! Ghostie said you were a little like me and I asked him to show us to you because I was curious and it's my fault!" The little rabbit child's eyes were full of tears. She was afraid she did something wrong, and she was afraid the wolf would hurt her. He was yelling, and that was never a good sign...
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe cowered behind Rua when shouted at. The eyes on her markings glowed a fierce, fiery red. "I'm sorry mister wolf!" she said, tearing up. "Please don't be mad! Ghostie said you were a little like me and I asked him to show us to you because I was curious and it's my fault!" The little rabbit child's eyes were full of tears. She was afraid she did something wrong, and she was afraid the wolf would hurt her. He was yelling, and that was never a good sign...
Though still angry, the wolf reals back a bit..."Ghostie? What the heck is a 'Ghostie'? And what do you mean 'like you'?" he asks while quickly cupping his hand as the feeling was getting worse by the second, "You better explain yourse..."...but he stops himself when he notices the tears emerging from her.."Look...I'm sorry for snapping...just, please, tell me what you meant by what you said."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe quickly tried to think back to what the officer said when describing Ghostie. "He's my... imaginary, not imaginary friend? He says-MMF!" Phoebe was startled as the Nightmare's dark claw reached out of the black patches of her fur and clamped over her mouth. Quiet whispers followed. Phoebe nodded, and the clawed hand melted back into her fur. "Um... I don't think I should say any more when there's so many people around..."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe quickly tried to think back to what the officer said when describing Ghostie. "He's my... imaginary, not imaginary friend? He says-MMF!" Phoebe was startled as the Nightmare's dark claw reached out of the black patches of her fur and clamped over her mouth. Quiet whispers followed. Phoebe nodded, and the clawed hand melted back into her fur. "Um... I don't think I should say any more when there's so many people around..."
Standing there, his anger subsiding and the other feeling somewhat gone but still lurking in him, the wolf gets down on his knee and looks the rabbit in the eye, "What's your name?" he asks as he watches the hand recedes.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"P-Phoebe..." The little rabbit sniffled. The glowing red eyes on the skull shaped patch of fur on her back started to dim as she calmed down.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"P-Phoebe..." The little rabbit sniffled. The glowing red eyes on the skull shaped patch of fur on her back started to dim as she calmed down.
Softly smiling, the wolf responds "My name is Leon. If your friend will allow you, may I ask why your friend did what they did?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda tensed as Kaylee hugged her, a strong lance of apprehension went through her, oddly directed towards herself. It lasted only a second before she returned the hug, her face a simple mask of contemplation with a light smile to match Kaylee's laugh at Sandy. "Hmm. I think I would quite like a walk. Clear the head you know? Would you mind if Alex tags along?"

It was hard to tell, but Alex probably joined Socks with an eye roll of her own, hidden behind her dark glasses before adding to Amanda's question. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind a light stroll. Get used to the area since I'm gonna be stuck here for awhile. So long as I wouldn't be imposing on said walk at least." Not even waiting for an answer she turned to Socks. "And eh. Ya gonna go for the walk or are ya gonna catch up on the ever elusive nap?"

Tony and the Matriarch had continued their soft spoken conversation, but as the topic of a walk came up they quieted down. Mac on the other hands chuckled merrily. "Either way you go, I'll make sure these here cookies stay fresh in case you all come back. Remember ya lot, any of ya are welcome here at any time. All ya need do is ask."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks sighs dramatically and rolls his eyes as he pushes the footrest of his recliner back down.
"I suppose someone has to keep this lot out of trouble."

"Yeah, Alex can come too! The more the merrier!" Sandy agrees happily.

"Thanks for your hospitality and the invitation, Mac. We really appreciate it!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Softly smiling, the wolf responds "My name is Leon. If your friend will allow you, may I ask why your friend did what they did?"
"Umm..." Phoebe started. "He... He thinks you're powerful... He thought you might try to hurt me..."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Softly smiling, the wolf responds "My name is Leon. If your friend will allow you, may I ask why your friend did what they did?"
"Umm..." Phoebe started. "He... He thinks you're powerful... He thought you might try to hurt me..."
Leon smiles "No...I wouldn't. But your friend is very smart. I do have something that makes me...powerful...but I don't like using it..." he then chuckles before adding "Besides, I took an oath: I will never harm a child nor let harm come to one"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua meanwhile has had a paw planted firmly on her face since this conversation started. "can we not have this conversation where there are dozens of 'unaware' people within earshot?" she hisses once there's an opening.

collecting herself she continues more diplomatically, "We were going to go furniture shopping before this, so if you'd care so join us Ser Leon?" formal mannerisms and an unfamiliar accent slipping into her speech, having mistaken his claim to be an equivalent of a Guardian's oath from her homeland.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:Rua meanwhile has had a paw planted firmly on her face since this conversation started. "can we not have this conversation where there are dozens of 'unaware' people within earshot?" she hisses once there's an opening.

collecting herself she continues more diplomatically, "We were going to go furniture shopping before this, so if you'd care so join us Ser Leon?" formal mannerisms and an unfamiliar accent slipping into her speech, having mistaken his claim to be an equivalent of a Guardian's oath from her homeland.
Standing up and looking at the other speaking, Leon nods and replies "Sure, sounds like fun, actually!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe looked down, her ears drooping a little. "Sorry, Miss Rua... I'll try to control Ghostie better, an' I won't talk about it anymore. Not 'till it's less busy."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

quietly leading the other two back to the store, she makes a beeline for a section that ismostly childrens beds, pet beds, and mattresses sized for the two. Letting go of phoebe's hand Rua asks, "So, aren't you going to try a few? see which one you like?" in a playful tone.

there are maybe one or two other people around, so she take a moment to face "It should be easier to speak here. I'm sorry if my caution earlier came off as paranoid, but in researching the local culture my attempts to discern the state of the arcane arts kept pointing me at fiction, folklore and something called the 'salem trials', and one idiot notwithstanding, how the only other caster I've met before you was treated does not inspire confidence. so I avoiding those who aren't already aware overhearing seems prudent."

she pauses a moment, part of which is spent looking leon over, before scowling and continuing. "Speaking of which, She's convinced you're like us, but i can't sense any mana from you. Not even the faint amounts a non-caster would have. You're something else..."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:quietly leading the other two back to the store, she makes a beeline for a section that ismostly childrens beds, pet beds, and mattresses sized for the two. Letting go of phoebe's hand Rua asks, "So, aren't you going to try a few? see which one you like?" in a playful tone.

there are maybe one or two other people around, so she take a moment to face "It should be easier to speak here. I'm sorry if my caution earlier came off as paranoid, but in researching the local culture my attempts to discern the state of the arcane arts kept pointing me at fiction, folklore and something called the 'salem trials', and one idiot notwithstanding, how the only other caster I've met before you was treated does not inspire confidence. so I avoiding those who aren't already aware overhearing seems prudent."

she pauses a moment, part of which is spent looking leon over, before scowling and continuing. "Speaking of which, She's convinced you're like us, but i can't sense any mana from you. Not even the faint amounts a non-caster would have. You're something else..."
Leon, as he watches Phoebe, replies "Well, it's better to be something else then be nothing at all. That's what my foster dad taught me when I was growing up" with a small hint of a smile crossing his face as he said the last part, which quickly vanishes as he asks "I take it you are her care-taker?" as he didn't feel comfortable yet answering about how Phoebe's friend sensed him...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, Legally i'm her owner. so i think the convention is using parental terms?" Rua answered back, the lioness sounding a bit unsure.