2018/12/19 - Trapped In The Shower

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: 2018/12/19 - Trapped In The Shower

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Well, Fox is clearly a lonely guy with some genuine emptiness in his life. Maybe that's his assigned role in the series. I don't get the feeling his "Daddy", Officer Luneberg, is all that supportive but at least the guy hasn't subjected the poor husky to any further motor cycle repair inflammations. "Off-stage", he probably continues to be part of the King-Bailey extended family but "Not so much" anymore. With the kids, he and King just may not get to pal around much anymore.

As to the "nameless dog" Game1Boy wants to call "Denial" (Why not?), didn't she also show up at the catastrophic Jata-Sabrina wedding and in the grand room where King and Bailey wed? Or is my imagination clouding my visison. ;)
I wanted to call her Nile, like “the Nile” would sound like denial, but either or would work.

I think Fox is due for some lasting happiness though, otherwise, someone in the fancomics should draw him in the Charlie Brown outfit as he’s slowly turning into the furry version of that character
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm sure Rick has something up this arc for Fox with Sasha, but just incase: I'm pretty sure those Snuggle baths are not all empty.

... Please show us Grape and Max using one. *bricked*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I don’t want Sasha in a snuggle bath with Fox after her heel turn there. Though yes, I want to see the two cats getting snuggles in
jonas

Post by jonas »

I'm very curious to see how this will end up, now. XD

(I know how it'd end up in some other comics I've read...)
Frank

Post by Frank »

I think every doorway has a "bigger on the inside" spell. Front door? Bigger on the inside. Door to hall? bigger. Door to enter shower room? bigger. Step through the shower curtain? Bigger. Result? Shower comfortably fits 3!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A wilderness of over-steamed mirrors?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

This is hilarious five years of build up...and Sasha's not interested. :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:I'm sure Rick has something up this arc for Fox with Sasha,
Here's hoping its closing the door on any possibility of a relationship between them and finally ending the six year crush all together.
Thinking about it logically this would be a good opportunity to tie loose ends as we move into the second story arc. Any jokes that were not going anywhere or any characters who are in limbo, it's time to put them aside for good. Any story threads that popped up but were forgotten about. Time to clean house so to speak.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Honestly Fen, I got the impression of that the moment I saw Sasha’s hand before she pulled Fox into the showers, at least on that loose thread, and honestly, the fan service arc is not a bad place to get that stuff out of the way, you get to iron out problems you created for yourself while still giving the audience something entertaining to read. Got to commend Rick on this if this was what he intended to do. Do worry Rick is being a little sloppy on his handling of stuff with Sasha though, a lot of the trouble with Tarot came due to how he handled her in her last arc, and I worry about if the same could happen to Sasha. Might be for the best if it does with Sasha, I’ve never hated her, but a flaw being highlighted besides her being sorta dumb could be good because I think were kinda tempted to see her as kinda an innocent soul because of her owner, this might help us separate her from that aspect a little
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Bandit1990 wrote:If we're listing female characters, there's always Un-named K9 dog with the pink collar, She was available the last time we saw her. :P
There is also Natalie, who last I checked, While sassy, is also on the Market.

She has a thing for nice beefcakes, and Fox is certainly a nice chap after leaving GODC to be a K9U... Which also made him buff.

Daisy is a potiental pick too, but She's all but disappeared after her Running Gag was revealed to be a Mask.

Hope we see Daisy return at the End, Maybe comforting an (Understandably) upset Fox, and starting something new. Last we saw of Daisy, she was single, and you can only do So much with a downthrodden character before it veers towards Tragedy.
fenrirblack wrote:
Here's hoping its closing the door on any possibility of a relationship between them and finally ending the six year crush all together.
Thinking about it logically this would be a good opportunity to tie loose ends as we move into the second story arc. Any jokes that were not going anywhere or any characters who are in limbo, it's time to put them aside for good. Any story threads that popped up but were forgotten about. Time to clean house so to speak.
Agreed. With This Big reveal to Fox, he has to Drop her, or he would End up pulling off a Tragedy that Would make William Shakesphere blanch, and we know how that Guy did depressing stories.

Though, second story arc? Feels a bit farfetched to predict right now. It's kinda too soon, and we haven't even finished This One. I kinda expect any new arcs in Feb earliest, what with how the current arc is.

Of course, I do also feel that Tarot hopefully Realizes something is wrong and wants Normal Peanut back. Not only would that make a good Joke, it Would also show she is developing as a Character.

Hopefully, the same can apply for Peanut. Jokes become stale if the character remains static, regardless of the Environment, and we Saw Grape Develop, Why has Peanut remained almost the exact same as the start of the Comic?
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

John-056 wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:If we're listing female characters, there's always Un-named K9 dog with the pink collar, She was available the last time we saw her. :P
There is also Natalie, who last I checked, While sassy, is also on the Market.

She has a thing for nice beefcakes, and Fox is certainly a nice chap after leaving GODC to be a K9U... Which also made him buff.

Daisy is a potiental pick too, but She's all but disappeared after her Running Gag was revealed to be a Mask.

Hope we see Daisy return at the End, Maybe comforting an (Understandably) upset Fox, and starting something new. Last we saw of Daisy, she was single, and you can only do So much with a downthrodden character before it veers towards Tragedy.
fenrirblack wrote:
Agreed. With This Big reveal to Fox, he has to Drop her, or he would End up pulling off a Tragedy that Would make William Shakesphere blanch, and we know how that Guy did depressing stories.

Though, second story arc? Feels a bit farfetched to predict right now. It's kinda too soon, and we haven't even finished This One. I kinda expect any new arcs in Feb earliest, what with how the current arc is.

Of course, I do also feel that Tarot hopefully Realizes something is wrong and wants Normal Peanut back. Not only would that make a good Joke, it Would also show she is developing as a Character.

Hopefully, the same can apply for Peanut. Jokes become stale if the character remains static, regardless of the Environment, and we Saw Grape Develop, Why has Peanut remained almost the exact same as the start of the Comic?
To be fair, Peanut’s eidetic memory and other stuff that suggests his intelligence is far beyond what anyone would have assumed is kinda development for him, it’s just not something that changes much of his interactions. Ironically, that does make him kinda slothful. Being able to see glimpses of the future, I bet Tarot literally knows what he’s capable of, and there’s evidence he’s actively wasting time he could be using to reach his potential, like how he wants to become a great artist, but he’s practically refusing to let Joey teach him because comics are more fun. There are other smaller things to take note of, but I think it be nice if Tarot were to bring that up at some point, continuing off on that argument they started in the temple. She is one of the only people he takes even the lightest effort to be serious around, maybe she could manage to make him consider how much he’s wasting his potential.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

John-056 wrote:Daisy is a potiental pick too, but She's all but disappeared after her Running Gag was revealed to be a Mask.

Considering she's friends with Sasha, she may have similar attitudes regarding relationships, even if her original demeanor was Obfuscating Stupidity.

EDIT: Another thought would be, considering Daisy's intelligence, and knowing she and Sasha are friends, she may interpret any overtures toward her from Fox as an attempt to get close to Sasha, and thus rebuff him.

Though that does remind me: Kevin already knew about Fox's crush on Sasha.
Attachments
Kevin Blabbed.png
Kevin Blabbed.png (299.54 KiB) Viewed 9106 times
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Why has Peanut remained almost the exact same as the start of the Comic?
Peanut is already practically perfect. In every way.

So people say.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Macsen wrote:
John-056 wrote:Daisy is a potiental pick too, but She's all but disappeared after her Running Gag was revealed to be a Mask.

Considering she's friends with Sasha, she may have similar attitudes regarding relationships, even if her original demeanor was Obfuscating Stupidity.

EDIT: Another thought would be, considering Daisy's intelligence, and knowing she and Sasha are friends, she may interpret any overtures toward her from Fox as an attempt to get close to Sasha, and thus rebuff him.

Though that does remind me: Kevin already knew about Fox's crush on Sasha.
So that grin of his was because he knew Fox was jealous, though maybe not how jealous and specifically why. You think there’s a possiblity they agreed to let Sasha make out with Fox because they thought it might cheer him up when Fido kicked him out? It sounds like something those two numbskulls wouldn’t realize would more likely upset Fox then bring his mood up?
Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Why has Peanut remained almost the exact same as the start of the Comic?

So people say.
I think I mentioned above some of his flaws
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Argent wrote:

So people say.
I think I mentioned above some of his flaws
Only if you think of him as a human in a dog suit.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I thought King was the "human in the dog suit"? ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Listen, at this point most of the cast acts like humans with some animal attributes, so let’s consider them all humans in suits aside from the humans
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Peanut listens to people. You know, like a loyal family dog. =P

Fox is the same way, honestly. Surprised him and Fox are not bestest buddies playing video games at this point or starting their own Marvel company with Spot spearheading them with Joey being Jack Kirby at this point.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:Peanut listens to people. You know, like a loyal family dog. =P

Fox is the same way, honestly. Surprised him and Fox are not bestest buddies playing video games at this point or starting their own Marvel company with Spot spearheading them with Joey being Jack Kirby at this point.
Um, one of Peanut’s biggest problems is he can misread the atmosphere and make people upset by his decisions due to this, mostly seen by his love of hugs and ignoring Joey’s complaints about him always drawing comics... so I’m sorry, as much as Peanut is a good boy, he’s not at all a good listener.

On less critical replies though, I think Fox asked this question himself when he found out Peanut has read every book in the town’s library, alongside questioning his friendship with Bino. He lost the friendship with Bino, maybe that can be the next thing he gets after we finally get him a girlfriend
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

John-056 wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:

I wasn't referring to this chapter but the overall story arc (I could not think of a way to phrase it) that features the new cast of villains and what I'm assuming the coin's role. The next ten year story line. Theoretically we should get the first taste of the next several years at the end of this year, probably around April. Depending on how long this chapter lasts, there should be one more before we get to the good stuff.
Gameb18oy wrote:

Um, one of Peanut’s biggest problems is he can misread the atmosphere and make people upset by his decisions due to this, mostly seen by his love of hugs and ignoring Joey’s complaints about him always drawing comics... so I’m sorry, as much as Peanut is a good boy, he’s not at all a good listener.

On less critical replies though, I think Fox asked this question himself when he found out Peanut has read every book in the town’s library, alongside questioning his friendship with Bino. He lost the friendship with Bino, maybe that can be the next thing he gets after we finally get him a girlfriend
As much as I think it would be good for Fox and Peanut to be friends, it would violate the law of the Spheres. I could count on one hand the amount of times they've had direct interaction or an actual conversation. For them to get together would violate ten and a half years of norms. They exists in two different worlds practically. Fox has his K9 lifestyle and Peanut has his..........um.........um.......life. Honestly since the end of the Game, Fox has little to do with the supernatural aspects of the comic. Even in the temple he did nothing. He had like four lines. If he wasn't a main character he wouldn't have even been there. Tarot could have thrown a rock and found a more useful companion for that trip. Looking at the comic now, Fox and Team B basically deals with the mundane aspects of the comic while Team A deals with the supernatural aspects almost exclusively. Peanut and Grape can't even go to a video store anymore without it being haunted.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:

Actually, it's been pointed out he doesn't focus. He gets distracted easily. =P
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:

Actually, it's been pointed out he doesn't focus. He gets distracted easily. =P
Different explanation, same end result. Peanut isn’t the person I’d go to when I really needed to have someone sit there and listen to me, I don’t think many people take it well when you feel like you’re being ignored, and while not intentional, Peanut is aware of it. I have ADHD and I have work with it all the time, no one gives me a free pass on it, so while maybe the humans think it’s fine, keep in mind when interacting with the other pets, there are people who get irritated by that side of him.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:Different explanation, same end result. Peanut isn’t the person I’d go to when I really needed to have someone sit there and listen to me, I don’t think many people take it well when you feel like you’re being ignored, and while not intentional, Peanut is aware of it. I have ADHD and I have work with it all the time, no one gives me a free pass on it, so while maybe the humans think it’s fine, keep in mind when interacting with the other pets, there are people who get irritated by that side of him.
Not everyone can get use to and enjoy a hyperactive personality. And some people can even find it endearing. Tarot is an example, believe it or not. She just hasn't worked out the bugs in Peanut yet. =P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Having Fox and Bino become friends again sounds like a bit of a stretch, given their history over the last few years. I'm not sure Bino has friends in the usual sense, only those manipulates, and I'm not many of those are left. Even Boris has walked away from him. But, hey, Babylon Gardens is a weird world.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I think that ship sailed when Fox joined the K9's. Both Bino and Duchess consider Fox a traitor. They’ve both explicitly said it.

Fox has mentioned possibly being friends with Peanut a long time ago, but never seriously.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know what would be interesting for Fox's development, would be if Bill started dating. Eleven years and he's never brought home someone. I worry about him. That would be a fun story arc if like Fox, Bailey, and King just set Bill up with someone like in a sitcom. Then Fox would ask why they're not setting him up with someone and Bailey replies "We're dogs not miracle workers."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... and now he’s getting undeserved hate. Fox seriously is turning into Charlie Brown
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

We joke because we love. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:
As much as I think it would be good for Fox and Peanut to be friends, it would violate the law of the Spheres. I could count on one hand the amount of times they've had direct interaction or an actual conversation. For them to get together would violate ten and a half years of norms. They exists in two different worlds practically. Fox has his K9 lifestyle and Peanut has his..........um.........um.......life.
I'm sure Rick wouldn't let himself be bound by conventions if he wants to do something that he either finds interesting or funny.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Rick is a good enough storyteller that if he wanted them together, he would find a way. It might take a while but there would be a way.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

He would still need to want to and I don’t see him doing that. They might come together for a chapter but for Fox to become a part of Team A permantly is not going happen. Anyone could write them together but it would be forced. In a lot of ways they have very little in common. Books. That’s it.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:He would still need to want to and I don’t see him doing that. They might come together for a chapter but for Fox to become a part of Team A permantly is not going happen. Anyone could write them together but it would be forced. In a lot of ways they have very little in common. Books. That’s it.
Fen, I don’t think the rules Rick sets for himself are that strict, he can always extend those circles if he wants to... plus doesn’t Kari make them slightly redundant just by existing?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's Rick's world so who knows ... but I don't see Fox and Peanut becoming close. I'm not sure Fox remembers what fun is since he lost his squeaky bone and his bombadier jacket.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing him in his bomber jacket again sometime in the future.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You know, losing that jacket may have been what derailed his whole life.... ! Poor, dear Fox.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:He would still need to want to and I don’t see him doing that. They might come together for a chapter but for Fox to become a part of Team A permantly is not going happen. Anyone could write them together but it would be forced. In a lot of ways they have very little in common. Books. That’s it.
Fen, I don’t think the rules Rick sets for himself are that strict, he can always extend those circles if he wants to... plus doesn’t Kari make them slightly redundant just by existing?
Kari is one of those things that just exists. We don’t know why, it just does. Rick can put in cotton candy covered unicorns if he wanted to but he’s not because it’s one of those things that just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... You know, it be interesting to discuss which characters could be used currently to extend some of those circles. Do you still have that image you used to describe how the circles look Fen? You should make a standalone topic for that, we could talk about which characters realistically could and would interact if they weren't in different circles, and possibly categorize Kari, as he doesn't interact with everyone... in fact I think an explanation for him could be Rick shifts what sphere of influence he's in overtime.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kari isn't a normal animal in the HP! universe so he could be put in with anybody and it won't feel like its thrown together. I don't think you can put him in one sphere.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Kari isn't a normal animal in the HP! universe so he could be put in with anybody and it won't feel like its thrown together. I don't think you can put him in one sphere.
True, but that makes him ideal as a connecting point for multiple spheres
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I am sort of imagine him dropping Tarot within the sphere of Tiger and Marvin. XD