HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by CyberDragon »

I suppose technical knowledge and a lack of self preservation instinct aren't mutually exclusive.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Guess I’ve got a character in mind... shame you already took the name Flash Cyber, would have been great for a mouse that likes taking pictures. Should I go with Snap? Flicker? Maybe Cheese both because what people tell you to say when taking one + mouse stereotype
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There is a third alternative which would let you not have to go the intelligent route. What if He/She FOUND the camera? It could be one of those 'spy' toy working digital cameras that stores a few images which he can then load up somewhere?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Maybe... hey do most of the mice know each other by the way? I’m getting that impression but I’m not certain
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The silo had a mass group of them but many were killed in an attack. Kilo had left earlier. When he and Nadia the Vixen found the battle, they found the Blind Juniper had survived (and Nola the cat). Flash, who had not been part of the group but lives in the woods with a bear, then found a couple of Dozen survivors exploring his cave after he got back from the vets, where he'd met Juniper. Other survivors have been hinted at in OOC.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

If your character is a silo survivor or missed the attack, then they would know all of the other mice except for Flash, who may or may not be an escaped lab experiment. Flash has lived his whole life in the southern woods with the bear, Deus. The two pretty much raised each other, but Flash didn't know any other mice until he met Kilo the other day. Flash has met other mice, but I've hinted that people he meets in the wild don't tend to have the best luck avoiding predators.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

They're not all from the Silo, though. They have come from other places. Chip...

Oh, you DO remember me?

Who could forget you? Anyhow, Chip came to town on the footplate of a milk lorry.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:They're not all from the Silo, though. They have come from other places. Chip...

Oh, you DO remember me?

Who could forget you? Anyhow, Chip came to town on the footplate of a milk lorry.
... hmm, I’ll need to read some of the posts in the RP, see if something happening that’s worthy of being captured on film, plan out how he gets in town/is revealed to the town due to that.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:If your character is a silo survivor or missed the attack, then they would know all of the other mice except for Flash, who may or may not be an escaped lab experiment. Flash has lived his whole life in the southern woods with the bear, Deus. The two pretty much raised each other, but Flash didn't know any other mice until he met Kilo the other day. Flash has met other mice, but I've hinted that people he meets in the wild don't tend to have the best luck avoiding predators.
Thank you Cyber, you unintentionally gave me the best idea on why my guy doesn't show caution in approaching cats, another escaped lab experiment, this time definite and the experiment left him without the instincts needed to immediately recognize how to react to threats like cats. If he has abilities kinda like Flash's seeming superspeed (oh thats where you got the name from) I'll add them to the character sheet later, along with their name as I can't think of one this moment

Name: Snapper
Species:Eurasian harvest mouse
Appearance- Covered in light brown fur, noticeably shorter than most other mice, so they usually can figure out he’s a decent bit younger (though he won’t grow much more anyway.) Possess light scars on his upper right arm and near his left eye. He doesn’t like talking about how he got them.
Personality: Experiment #0065 was one of the few success stories of the lab he was a part of. While at the moment he is not sure what the goal of the experiment was, it made him both one of the most docile and slow to frighten of the mice at the lab. This was seen as a trait the scientists could take advantage of for field research, and thus they began training him in the use of a special camera built just for his size to take pictures of fauna that would usually run at the sight of humans. His love of taking photos actually is what motivated him to escape, as he found the subjects they wanted him to capture a bit too boring for him. He is fun loving and somewhat easy to impress due to his age
Other notes:
-While not searching for one, he'd enjoy having an owner if for no other reason than to have someone to show off his photos to.
-He likes hanging by his tail wrapped around branches when handling shots that need a birds eye view. He only does this if he has another mouse around though as he has trouble pulling himself up after taking the picture.
-His favorite subject to take pictures of is cats... and no he doesn't listen when people mention how dangerous this is.
-He is curious about why he was considered a success as the personality his experiments shaped for him didn't seem to be intentionally given. Suspects his experiments were meant to enhance certain abilities as he has abnormally good senses for a mouse, his sight being exceptionally useful for taking pictures from a decent distance.

SPECIAL
S-6/2 = 3
P-8
E-4/2 = 2
C-8
I-7
A-7
L-2

Tell me if this is good. Also, where can I read up on the Silo stuff? It seems important to the mice if nothing else
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Apologies for three replies next to each other here, feel rude but I keep having something I need to ask or post. Anyway, Cyber, is Deus (the Grizzly Bear) your character or someone else’s? Considering there’s a lot of ground to cover here in the OOC and I don’t know how to begin looking for your characters. I kinda was thinking it be a decent introduction point to have him show up at the cave considering it means a good chance of running into another mouse in Flash, plus establishing how dumb he can be when trying to get photos, likely taking one of Deus and waking him up because he didn’t turn off the flash. Of course, if that wouldn’t work for some reason, I’d like to know why. Anyway, try and reply soon.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deus is my character. Here are their sheets.

Deus isn't currently at the cave. Whenever Flash is in town, Deus lurks just on the outskirts. I'm hoping Deus will be going to the cave with a few friends soon though.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Deus is my character. Here are their sheets.

Deus isn't currently at the cave. Whenever Flash is in town, Deus lurks just on the outskirts. I'm hoping Deus will be going to the cave with a few friends soon though.
Should I wait till then or just have my currently unnamed mouse meet him? Also, can I see Flash’s as well?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Check the link. They're both there. I made Flash and Deus together.

Has your character been approved yet?
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I see... do I need to divide ??? Strength and endurance by 2 as well?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

For small characters like mice, that is the norm. After all, they are small. The only exception I know of is Pascal from Apollo City.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:For small characters like mice, that is the norm. After all, they are small. The only exception I know of is Pascal from Apollo City.
Edited, and no not yet, still waiting on the RP roo to tell me if all is good
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I spoke to Roo and he said he'd take a look at it when he gets off of work.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Thanks for that Cyber
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hey, I've been sick and not up to much roleplaying. I'm going to try and post tomorrow.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

hope you'll get well soon, take care.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Game, have you thought your character could be a Harvest Mouse? Bit smaller than normal and kinda brown furred but their tail is prehensile so it can wrap itself around things to hold them up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_harvest_mouse
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Game, have you thought your character could be a Harvest Mouse? Bit smaller than normal and kinda brown furred but their tail is prehensile so it can wrap itself around things to hold them up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_harvest_mouse
Being smaller than normal could be fun alongside other stuff... but the problem is this isn’t much data on if they are useful for lab tests, which is where I’m getting his backstory for the camera from
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry for the delay. I've had a bad cold since Wednesday morning and it kinda knocked me flat for a while.

Firstly, for small animals like mice and rats the conversion is 7 pet years = 1 human year (versus 3.5/1 for larger animals). So 15 mouse years will be a touch over 2 human years.

Secondly, RA was always supposed to be the more "normal" RP. It was supposed to be a slice of life type roleplay without magic or "mad science" or anything like that. So I'd kinda like that side of things played down a bit.

I do quite like the character though. Although I have to wonder how he develops his photos.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

To be fair Hlaoroo, small genetic tweaks aren't outside of the realm of reality. After all...

Glowing kitties are a thing in real life. ^^

Such cute nightmare fuel.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:Sorry for the delay. I've had a bad cold since Wednesday morning and it kinda knocked me flat for a while.

Firstly, for small animals like mice and rats the conversion is 7 pet years = 1 human year (versus 3.5/1 for larger animals). So 15 mouse years will be a touch over 2 human years.

Secondly, RA was always supposed to be the more "normal" RP. It was supposed to be a slice of life type roleplay without magic or "mad science" or anything like that. So I'd kinda like that side of things played down a bit.

I do quite like the character though. Although I have to wonder how he develops his photos.
It’s a digital camera is the most likely thing I can come up with, but he’d likely enjoy a film camera at this point as his work wouldn’t be stuck on his device in that case. Honestly, the green paws I’m fine getting rid of, but I don’t think the lab background I want to cut. If it’s clear all they did was make him a little too comfortable being in dangerous situations and enhanced his senses, would that be fine? His strong senses motivated me to make his perception pretty high. I’m thinking I’m gonna change his species to the suggested one either way so he can have that tail trick
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, that's fine. I'm happy with that. I'm fully aware that science really happens and I think tweaking his personality and enhancing the senses a little is believable enough that it can fit into RA's setting.

So, since I see that you've fixed that age thing, I'm happy for you to introduce him. Welcome to the RP! Again. :P

By the way, what text colour will you use for him?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:Sorry for the delay. I've had a bad cold since Wednesday morning and it kinda knocked me flat for a while.
You're on the other side of the world from me, how'd we get hit with the same cold? :lol:
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:Yeah, that's fine. I'm happy with that. I'm fully aware that science really happens and I think tweaking his personality and enhancing the senses a little is believable enough that it can fit into RA's setting.

So, since I see that you've fixed that age thing, I'm happy for you to introduce him. Welcome to the RP! Again. :P

By the way, what text colour will you use for him?
I my secondary one for Veil so I guess this one. Unless you recognize this as someone else’s
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, Chip is using that colour already but she's currently only a minor character (sorry, Chip) so I'm sure she won't mind sharing.
WeirdGamer wrote:
You're on the other side of the world from me, how'd we get hit with the same cold? :lol:
It's a conspiracy! *dun dun duuuuuuuun!*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

The color fine Hila?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So about to introduce my mouse character to RA in my next post, curious if there's anyone with a character a mouse normally should be nervous about approaching that could interact with him at the moment. Don't want to break the flow of things happening between some people currently, so want to make sure he's not a nuisance for anyone to meet with... also he has no name at this point, so if you say yes, good chance your character will get to be the one who picks his name.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Probably going to end up being Deus. Might take a couple turns though.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Thats fine
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Hawkfang42 wrote:"Could I have a lollipop?"
Nope, I guess Calvin can't
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hawkfang42 wrote:
Actually, I think I did hand you one, you must have looked it over
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:
Actually, I think I did hand you one, you must have looked it over
Totally missed that at first, but now he ate it in a few seconds
Rp characters
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Speaking of, kinda would prefer you give us more stuff to work with in your replies Hawk, it was a bit sloppy and you seem to be trying to do better on that stuff so feel it be best to point it out
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay,
Hlaoroo wrote:... you're not fine until we say you are, Calvin. You passed out three times in five minutes. You're coming back to the clinic and there'll be no arguments." Sam's tone makes it clear that she means business.
Umm, he only passed out twice.
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hawkfang42 wrote:Okay,
Hlaoroo wrote:... you're not fine until we say you are, Calvin. You passed out three times in five minutes. You're coming back to the clinic and there'll be no arguments." Sam's tone makes it clear that she means business.
Umm, he only passed out twice.
Wach out or she'll konk you on the hed.

Shush, Leslie, don't scare him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Sorry about not posting sooner, got SUPER busy for the holidays, and practically forgotten about. I'll post here right now.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4