Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Buster »

how? PMs cant have attachments, i'd have to post it publicly somewhere. may as well cutout the middle man.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

EDIT: Nevermind, I was misremembering how the forum works.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Should be noted this is something we’re planning for a bit later in the story, so things may change if we feel they need to
Edit: also, a headsup. Considering both that Grim is stepping down and is not gonna be using Lance and Lego intially wanted to be a co-GM when I was asking for help, I decided it be practical to have Lego take Grim’s place. I hope you don’t make him regret that decision :mrgreen:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

...i have a habit of doing that by accident... so no promises...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:...i have a habit of doing that by accident... so no promises...
Eh, you’re making me consider if we need to set a limit on how dumb you can make a character in the future, but otherwise you better try harder if you want me to regret anything!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If you’re referring to Steelhaven, I was burned out of that long before you arrived. It was mostly because that was my first time GMing, and I wasn’t ready for a lot of the things that comes with the position.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:
If you’re referring to Steelhaven, I was burned out of that long before you arrived. It was mostly because that was my first time GMing, and I wasn’t ready for a lot of the things that comes with the position.
What’s steel haven? Sounds like a good if not a little generic title for a steampunk RP. Love -punk settings, heck if you think about it, it’s just a mild stretch to say the mystery dungeon games take place in a magicpunk setting
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It was a Sci-Fi RP taking a lot of inspiration I believe from Star Trek. Lego was the GM. It was actually absorbed by Beacon of Hope.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:It was a Sci-Fi RP taking a lot of inspiration I believe from Star Trek. Lego was the GM. It was actually absorbed by Beacon of Hope.
Ah I see... wait, I thought Beacon of Hope was more focused on superheroes
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It is, but it's also a soft sci-fi game. It's complicated. You can read where the Steelhaven entered the Beacon of Hope scene here.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:It is, but it's also a soft sci-fi game. It's complicated. You can read where the Steelhaven entered the Beacon of Hope scene here.
I wonder if I should move my radients vineyard character over there. I’m contemplating if I might want to leave it as it feels like the RP I ignore the most
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Eh, you’re making me consider if we need to set a limit on how dumb you can make a character in the future, but otherwise you better try harder if you want me to regret anything!
wasn't referring to you.
Legotron123 wrote:
that. also possibly Hackle. And a BOH player i think. and the GM of the jurassic park RP. and i suspect i may have driven two Chiv Res players up the wall. im honestly not sure about that last one as that was a really depressing year and i spent over half of it offline.

EDIT:

also I've been reading up on obscure spinoffs and had the most ridiculous idea.
there are apparently these things called Burst Hearts in one particular manga spinoff that let pokemon and trainer merge. (though the Pokemon in question becomes part of the Burst Heart in question and can't be released without destroying it, and it can only hold one)
that has me wondering what the result would be if if two PMD Pokemon found a blank Burst Heart and learned how to use it.

"I'm not sure which is more disturbing, one of my friends living inside a glowing gemstone now, or trying to wrap my head around the idea of a Lucario/Lycanroc hybrid. you have three types when you two do that! how does that even work?!"

Edit edit: also i got around to making the thing that goes with the other thing.
though i'm kinda curious why you wanted me to include info about them selling items when i only did that for mine because he's a shopkeeper...
Attachments
Arthur (NPC Infocard).png
Arthur (NPC Infocard).png (41.64 KiB) Viewed 14195 times
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Mainly because they do sell stuff when they’re in town. They’ve been adventuring for the past forty years, and they have collected a lot of rare stuff that they don’t really need. Might as well sell it.
Also, crossposting from Steelhaven; just an FYI, but starting tomorrow, I have to work every day this weekend, so I might be a little too tired to post for most of it. Just wanted to let you guys know in case I wind up vanishing for a few days.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
wasn't referring to you.
Legotron123 wrote:
that. also possibly Hackle. And a BOH player i think. and the GM of the jurassic park RP. and i suspect i may have driven two Chiv Res players up the wall. im honestly not sure about that last one as that was a really depressing year and i spent over half of it offline.

EDIT:

also I've been reading up on obscure spinoffs and had the most ridiculous idea.
there are apparently these things called Burst Hearts in one particular manga spinoff that let pokemon and trainer merge. (though the Pokemon in question becomes part of the Burst Heart in question and can't be released without destroying it, and it can only hold one)
that has me wondering what the result would be if if two PMD Pokemon found a blank Burst Heart and learned how to use it.

"I'm not sure which is more disturbing, one of my friends living inside a glowing gemstone now, or trying to wrap my head around the idea of a Lucario/Lycanroc hybrid. you have three types when you two do that! how does that even work?!"

Edit edit: also i got around to making the thing that goes with the other thing.
though i'm kinda curious why you wanted me to include info about them selling items when i only did that for mine because he's a shopkeeper...
Oh my word, are you talking about the gijinka manga?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I don't know what that word means and it's too early in the morning for google.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Basically, its the idea of taking the look of something non-humanoid (usually an animal) and applying it to a human design. It’s a decently popular thing to do with Pokémon fanart from what I can, I even found one or two good nuzlocke comics that use it. To give a more visual idea of gijinka, think about the stuff people did with the supercrown during the bowsette craze, and imagine if they didn’t always have to vaguely make it look like peach.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

For example, here’s a Lucario gijinka.
And here’s a Ninetales one.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:For example, here’s a Lucario gijinka.
And here’s a Ninetales one.
Nice examples Lego. You just have those on hand?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Nah. Just googled them.

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I could see the Burst Heart thing being interesting, as it would mean a pair of players are required to somehow coordinate what the character(s?) do/does, but that could also be a drawback, much like the fact that one of the characters will be stuck in a little rock following.

Definitely something I wouldn't recommend at our current stage. We have a lot of experimental territory left before we get into odd areas like that.

Even talking about it conceptually is interesting. XD
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:I could see the Burst Heart thing being interesting, as it would mean a pair of players are required to somehow coordinate what the character(s?) do/does, but that could also be a drawback, much like the fact that one of the characters will be stuck in a little rock following.

Definitely something I wouldn't recommend at our current stage. We have a lot of experimental territory left before we get into odd areas like that.

I’d honestly be surprised if we do use it, burst hearts would be out of place in the mystery dungeon series, heck it’s pretty much forgotten because it doesn’t work that well in conjunction with the main series as well
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote:I could see the Burst Heart thing being interesting, as it would mean a pair of players are required to somehow coordinate what the character(s?) do/does, but that could also be a drawback, much like the fact that one of the characters will be stuck in a little rock following.

As shown by the Predator Drone fight, players sharing a body can work surprisingly well if done right.
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Oh I have no doubts it could be amazing if done properly.

My reasons on holding off for now—if we ever would use it—are that:
  • One: We're not far enough into the narrative to introduce things like that yet.
    Two: We haven't even seen a dungeon, much less combat. Learning how to do combat and how to coordinate using a Burst Heart? Too much at once.
    Three: Each different combination means a different appearance. Perhaps no chances happen with riolu+riolu, but when you start with liepard+poochyena, getting it all nailed down becomes cumbersome.
    Four: Most of us don't know a lot about Burst Hearts, and adding required reading material after play starts wouldn't be fair unless it's unanimously agreed that we should try the thing.
It's an interesting idea, but it's not a good idea at this very moment.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:

As shown by the Predator Drone fight, players sharing a body can work surprisingly well if done right.
Pred drone?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Beacon of Hope fight. It was the fight that just ended. Read the last 4 or 5 pages of boh. I can't explain it in good time on my phone.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Beacon of Hope fight. It was the fight that just ended. Read the last 4 or 5 pages of boh. I can't explain it in good time on my phone.
Figured, I’ll try to.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:Basically, its the idea of taking the look of something non-humanoid (usually an animal) and applying it to a human design. It’s a decently popular thing to do with Pokémon fanart from what I can, I even found one or two good nuzlocke comics that use it. To give a more visual idea of gijinka, think about the stuff people did with the supercrown during the bowsette craze, and imagine if they didn’t always have to vaguely make it look like peach.
From the pics I saw a trainer fusing with their Pokemon using a burst heart seemed to be more barely humanoid Pokemon, with a voltron-esque face-inside-a-face head. As if the trainer was wearing the Pokemon as armor, but the act was contorting their body and proportions a bit to be more like the Pokemon.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hey Leafolawl, probably should have mentioned this earlier, but considering I don’t think Einar’s background should be a secret, if you’d be okay posting that here I’d find it more convenient if it’s placed in here so people can know about it.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Yeah, it's fair to let everyone know now that it's fully confirmed. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean Einar talks openly about it.

Everything is copy-pasted with only separation of the information based on what it is.

--------

---- The written backstory --

To begin, Einar's name is one he gave himself when he came to civilized lands. In his home lands, he is known as the Rendrock prince, even though the title is only honorific. To truly be successor, he'd have to beat the leader of the Rendrock clan, Lycanroc. As you might guess, his name was originally Rockruff, as is Pokemon tradition.

The Rendrock clan—a collection of primarily Rock-, Ground-, and Fighting-type pokémon—are a clan of less civilized pokémon, though they're surprisingly one of the more friendly clans, doing their best to be a buffer between the worst of their continent/large subcontinent. Lead by a midnight-form Lycanroc, the Rendrock are hard-headed, mildly vicious sorts. They'll offer protection for those from civilized/mainland areas, and even trade goods with them. They do not, however, accept poké. They'll pay with it, but only because they find the stuff since it appears from nowhere in mystery dungeons. Their village is known as Rendrock's Plateau.

Having seen pokémon from the civilized lands come and go, Rockruff's curiosity piqued. Knowing the clan didn't really use poké, he took a large sum of it, and left for civilization without word, a runaway. Being from a moderately uncivilized group, however, word isn't really out on that. One of the first things that hit him, is that his name was now odd, so he took on a name of one of the first civilized pokémon he could remember—Einar. He doesn't know what's become of the pokémon who first had the name, if anything.

Now, being a traveling child raised quite a bit of attention, so of course eventually someone approached him to ask where his parents were. His answers raised concern, however, as the Rendrock clan does have a reputation for destruction when slighted. His continued answer that he's out to learn of civilized life on his own got a much better response, even if it did restrict him to a single town for awhile as he did some baseline schooling—much to his frustration.

The experience of a school, however, is what springboarded him into learning about much of civilization, and sparked an interest in the Exploration Society. So, he did one of the things he thought best: Schools were how civilized pokémon learned about things, so he went to a school that taught of mystery dungeons specifically, and the items used by Exploration Team members. A few years of study later, and a flier lands in his metaphorical lap, and then a trip out to Rising Village, and that's where we sit now.

-- Further detail into the "who"s and "what"s of Einar's past --

The Rendrock clan is a safe tribe for society to visit, though large groups of visitors tend to agitate the clan into hostility from feeling threatened. Open trade is welcome, but it is heavily warned that one does not try to swindle the clan, for as pokémon of scavenger's diet, they are known to be especially nasty when angered.

They are—in spite of their reputation—rather friendly, even if masked by a heavy 'tough love' approach. They're often the clan that's asked for escorts across the wildlands, as they'll rather happily do it... so long as you're strong enough to keep pace across the lands, or can provide them something they deem valuable enough to put up with fully protecting a pokémon.

Known largely for being highly destructive when angered, though approachable when not engaged in hostilities.

Lycanroc is the tribe's leader, hence why Einar is the Rendrock prince.

Protective of her people, though certainly eager for a good fight, Lycanroc is a Midnight-Form lycanroc whose name is respected and feared. Somewhat excitable at the prospect of a tough opponent, she occasionally forgets that she's to be a leading figure for all of her clan. Rendrock's pokémon turn to her not for guidance, but for inspiration, as a strong beacon of strength and independence.

Known to have destroyed a small village single-handed for hiding a pokémon who'd scammed her tribe for goods.
"Good times, more guards than I thought there'd be..."

Tutor: Possible

Zangoose is the tribe's spiritual leader, acting as teacher and counselor.

A fierce fighter as much as spiritual leader, Zangoose acts more as steer to Lycanroc's lead. A calmer figure, but still very much contributor to the clan's reputation of destruction. Those who seek him out do it for his better diplomacy skills and comparatively gentle touch. Though, this tends to fall apart sometimes, as his kind's instinctive hate for sevipers runs strong.

Known for destroying a caravan, though what prompted it remains unknown.

Sandslash Siblings, a set of twins—rather rare for pokémon.

A mischievous brother and sister who act as scouts for the Rendrock clan, and often the first to step in and help visitors to the tribe out of a pinch. Sandslash—the brother of the pair—is usually the speaker of the two, as Sandslash looks them over from cover to make sure the pokemon aren't there to be threatening to the clan.

Usually the first two seen when the clan raids a place. Thus, known outside of the clan as the Rendrock Reavers.

Tutor(s): No

Sableye, the clan's... oddball merchant.

A rather mysterious fellow, Sableye is extremely out of place as the only ghost-type in the clan. However, the curiosity that the gem pokémon is, has proven time and again to be a faithful member, protecting and even providing for the clan.

Strangely not known for any acts of violence, but instead as the face of Rendrock's trade.

Tutor: ???

--------

"Wildlands" is more of a placeholder name, if I'm to be honest. Was grabbed because I didn't know what else to call it. Open to ideas on that little detail, but all suggestions are by GM approval overall.

Sorry about the absolute wall of text.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:Yeah, it's fair to let everyone know now that it's fully confirmed. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean Einar talks openly about it.

Everything is copy-pasted with only separation of the information based on what it is.

--------

---- The written backstory --

To begin, Einar's name is one he gave himself when he came to civilized lands. In his home lands, he is known as the Rendrock prince, even though the title is only honorific. To truly be successor, he'd have to beat the leader of the Rendrock clan, Lycanroc. As you might guess, his name was originally Rockruff, as is Pokemon tradition.

The Rendrock clan—a collection of primarily Rock-, Ground-, and Fighting-type pokémon—are a clan of less civilized pokémon, though they're surprisingly one of the more friendly clans, doing their best to be a buffer between the worst of their continent/large subcontinent. Lead by a midnight-form Lycanroc, the Rendrock are hard-headed, mildly vicious sorts. They'll offer protection for those from civilized/mainland areas, and even trade goods with them. They do not, however, accept poké. They'll pay with it, but only because they find the stuff since it appears from nowhere in mystery dungeons. Their village is known as Rendrock's Plateau.

Having seen pokémon from the civilized lands come and go, Rockruff's curiosity piqued. Knowing the clan didn't really use poké, he took a large sum of it, and left for civilization without word, a runaway. Being from a moderately uncivilized group, however, word isn't really out on that. One of the first things that hit him, is that his name was now odd, so he took on a name of one of the first civilized pokémon he could remember—Einar. He doesn't know what's become of the pokémon who first had the name, if anything.

Now, being a traveling child raised quite a bit of attention, so of course eventually someone approached him to ask where his parents were. His answers raised concern, however, as the Rendrock clan does have a reputation for destruction when slighted. His continued answer that he's out to learn of civilized life on his own got a much better response, even if it did restrict him to a single town for awhile as he did some baseline schooling—much to his frustration.

The experience of a school, however, is what springboarded him into learning about much of civilization, and sparked an interest in the Exploration Society. So, he did one of the things he thought best: Schools were how civilized pokémon learned about things, so he went to a school that taught of mystery dungeons specifically, and the items used by Exploration Team members. A few years of study later, and a flier lands in his metaphorical lap, and then a trip out to Rising Village, and that's where we sit now.

-- Further detail into the "who"s and "what"s of Einar's past --

The Rendrock clan is a safe tribe for society to visit, though large groups of visitors tend to agitate the clan into hostility from feeling threatened. Open trade is welcome, but it is heavily warned that one does not try to swindle the clan, for as pokémon of scavenger's diet, they are known to be especially nasty when angered.

They are—in spite of their reputation—rather friendly, even if masked by a heavy 'tough love' approach. They're often the clan that's asked for escorts across the wildlands, as they'll rather happily do it... so long as you're strong enough to keep pace across the lands, or can provide them something they deem valuable enough to put up with fully protecting a pokémon.

Known largely for being highly destructive when angered, though approachable when not engaged in hostilities.

Lycanroc is the tribe's leader, hence why Einar is the Rendrock prince.

Protective of her people, though certainly eager for a good fight, Lycanroc is a Midnight-Form lycanroc whose name is respected and feared. Somewhat excitable at the prospect of a tough opponent, she occasionally forgets that she's to be a leading figure for all of her clan. Rendrock's pokémon turn to her not for guidance, but for inspiration, as a strong beacon of strength and independence.

Known to have destroyed a small village single-handed for hiding a pokémon who'd scammed her tribe for goods.
"Good times, more guards than I thought there'd be..."

Zangoose is the tribe's spiritual leader, acting as teacher and counselor.

A fierce fighter as much as spiritual leader, Zangoose acts more as steer to Lycanroc's lead. A calmer figure, but still very much contributor to the clan's reputation of destruction. Those who seek him out do it for his better diplomacy skills and comparatively gentle touch. Though, this tends to fall apart sometimes, as his kind's instinctive hate for sevipers runs strong.

Known for destroying a caravan, though what prompted it remains unknown.

Sandslash Siblings, a set of twins—rather rare for pokémon.

A mischievous brother and sister who act as scouts for the Rendrock clan, and often the first to step in and help visitors to the tribe out of a pinch. Sandslash—the brother of the pair—is usually the speaker of the two, as Sandslash looks them over from cover to make sure the pokemon aren't there to be threatening to the clan.

Usually the first two seen when the clan raids a place. Thus, known outside of the clan as the Rendrock Reavers.

Tutor(s): No

Sableye, the clan's... oddball merchant.

A rather mysterious fellow, Sableye is extremely out of place as the only ghost-type in the clan. However, the curiosity that the gem pokémon is, has proven time and again to be a faithful member, protecting and even providing for the clan.

Strangely not known for any acts of violence, but instead as the face of Rendrock's trade.

Tutor: ???

--------

"Wildlands" is more of a placeholder name, if I'm to be honest. Was grabbed because I didn't know what else to call it. Open to ideas on that little detail, but all suggestions are by GM approval overall.

Sorry about the absolute wall of text.
I hope you guys don’t judge me when I say a part of me feels tempted to just have Leaf write all the major plotpoints of this RP :lol: Though thinking about that, feel free to message me if you have an idea for a minor quest or something else in that ballpark you’d like to contribute to the RP. No guarantee that we can use it, but I’d enjoy giving you guys more ways to add to the RP if you’d enjoy doing so.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

You know, I thought that was always a welcomed thing because the opening post states we can, so it's part of how I designed Chailyn as a character; a way that allows me to create minor threads of pursuit that the G.M.s can handle however they feel fitting. We're just not anywhere far enough in for it to make sense in narrative for her to be pushing jobs.

Makes me feel like I screwed up sometimes, and that she should be marked as an "NPC" character, even though I did make her with the intent to play her often.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:You know, I thought that was always a welcomed thing because the opening post states we can, so it's part of how I designed Chailyn as a character; a way that allows me to create minor threads of pursuit that the G.M.s can handle however they feel fitting. We're just not anywhere far enough in for it to make sense in narrative for her to be pushing jobs.

Makes me feel like I screwed up sometimes, and that she should be marked as an "NPC" character, even though I did make her with the intent to play her often.
It might become easier to use her once we get out of the guild, though i do like that idea, so I’ll be happy to see her more often.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm just going to point this out because it amuses me slightly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFLVSpa_fc

This plays after every excursion, and is how the eating is in every Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game where they include a dinner scene.

And we're over here with table manners. A+ to all involved, myself included.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I wish I knew the right onomatopoeia for capturing how this scene sounds. I almost want to dance to this noise, I always felt unusual catchy for what’s essentially the sound of chewing. Also, got to thank Deske for making me think about how Atum doesn’t have proper hands so it’s probably just a bit embarrassing having people see how he has to eat... actually just realized it’s a barrier for a lot of the players, might want to make up a psychic NPC to help get around that since they could help multiple players load their plates at the same time
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well, Alan does have Extrasensory.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:Well, Alan does have Extrasensory.
... now that I think about it, Atum has psychic moves as well, though not sure if any of them relate to telekinetic abilities... Suppose it be good to setup the rules of how psychic powers work early on, so I suppose we can discuss it a bit more. Anyone against knowing a move meaning you have the potential if nothing else to use psychic powers? If so, should the limits be defined? Might have a reason to bring back the strength stat if we need a way to determine it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i've just been going with the MLP solution of 'hold the serving utensil in your teeth'. it can't be that much of a faux pas when it's the only option for 5/9 of the population (functional hands aren't exactly common among Pokemon)

as for psychic abilities, i would think of it in terms of their move set. figure out what the ratio of leanable/inheritable/levelable psychic to non psychic moves is for the average of pure psychic type pokemon (average 60%psi to 40%non psi for the ones i just checked, and it's tms that are bringing that average down more than anything), and judge the rest based on how close to that they get?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:i've just been going with the MLP solution of 'hold the serving utensil in your teeth'. it can't be that much of a faux pas when it's the only option for 5/9 of the population (functional hands aren't exactly common among Pokemon)

as for psychic abilities, i would think of it in terms of their move set. figure out what the ratio of leanable/inheritable/levelable psychic to non psychic moves is for the average of pure psychic type pokemon (average 60%psi to 40%non psi for the ones i just checked, and it's tms that are bringing that average down more than anything), and judge the rest based on how close to that they get?
Not a bad idea
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

There's also the idea that the games themselves present, where pokémon simply don't care about eating in a way we would consider polite.

I only made specific note of Einar's eating neatly because he's putting in visible effort to be exceptionally presentable.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:There's also the idea that the games themselves present, where pokémon simply don't care about eating in a way we would consider polite.

I only made specific note of Einar's eating neatly because he's putting in visible effort to be exceptionally presentable.
Makes sense why Considering his backstory. If I wasn’t already making it super obvious, you’ve already gotten Atum’s attention, as the brain of the former team “name not yet decided” he likes working with recruits who are naturally inquisitive and intelligent, they don’t require too much help from him to figure stuff out and thus he can sleep more. Not sure how Deske is planning to play him, but T honestly has a good chance to get Atum to like him if he doesn’t betray them in any way. A good thief has to have good eyes and pick up on things quickly so they kinda end up being similar to smarties in his eyes.