2018/11/19 - Hearth And Home

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: 2018/11/19 - Hearth And Home

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:The title of this arc is The Hot Springs Episode. This should be interesting given how those usually go in anime. :P
I am not against Rick doing some fan service if that’s what you’re suggesting, though aside from Breel and Keene, who would be good for that? I’d put votes down for Mungo, Res, Fox (especially with his two heavenly babes), and maybe either Joey or Bino for the one character whose out of place. Karishad is obligated to appear, anyone who has seen the fox’s twitter will know why I think he’d be in the fan service arc
Just the heavenly girls? =P

Grape and Max for me. Especially them two. Because these two i find need to show they have at least a little flair in each other's lives.
Yeah, no offense to anyone that likes the two together, but I wish there was something about their relationship that made them feel like a couple and not just close friends... #GresShipping
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe they could start bickering about something …. they do seem to have run through the passion phase pretty quickly. Being snowed in used to be considered romantic as well as inescapable.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Maybe they could start bickering about something …. they do seem to have run through the passion phase pretty quickly. Being snowed in used to be considered romantic as well as inescapable.
I’m just amused by this being the second time a gay couple has been the focus when snow starts causing problems. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -part-two/
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

They're gonna be rescued by Delusional Steve!! (...or Cathy from the Reptile House??). Ulp.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
Grape and Max for me. Especially them two. Because these two i find need to show they have at least a little flair in each other's lives.
Yeah, no offense to anyone that likes the two together, but I wish there was something about their relationship that made them feel like a couple and not just close friends... #GresShipping
It’s not for a lack of trying. Max has consistently shows more interest in their relationship than Grape. Grape goes after any tall dark muscular thing with a tail while poor Max struggles to keep her interested in him. Points for Max for putting up with her liitle crushes. I often wonder how their relationship would be if Max was the one who chose weretiger in the temple instead of Res.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Panther

Post by Panther »

I've missed something , apparently . I knew Keene has left his "job" ; but why he's gone out of the Milton manor ? :?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
It’s not for a lack of trying. Max has consistently shows more interest in their relationship than Grape. Grape goes after any tall dark muscular thing with a tail while poor Max struggles to keep her interested in him. Points for Max for putting up with her liitle crushes. I often wonder how their relationship would be if Max was the one who chose weretiger in the temple instead of Res.
I just wish there was a way for them to breakup that didn’t end up hurting Max and making Grape seem cruel if she starts truly dating Res later on... though being honest, I wonder if Max had any problem with how interested she clearly was in Res. Grape has had so many crushes that in hindsight it’s a bit surprising peanut had a crush on her and not the other way around, but I don’t think anyone would argue with me in saying she clearly has more than a crush on the likely decendant of Ptah.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That is intersting. How do Grape’s crushes work? She did not have any or show any interest in Mungo but was it because of Res or was there something special about Satau that made him more appealing. It could be like when you have a crush on one twin but not the other even though they’re identical. Thinking back, did Grape and Mungo actually have literally any interaction while the two teams were together?

I personally agree that the Max and Grape ship should end. I mean she and Res are such a better couple. Max is great...but...he doesn’t have....it. I’m waiting for Res to finish that last book and come back to Babylon Gardens so we can pick up where we left off. I just love Res. We are so much alike except he’s successful and I’m not.

If Peanut was more muscular, I mean...
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:That is intersting. How do Grape’s crushes work? She did not have any or show any interest in Mungo but was it because of Res or was there something special about Satau that made him more appealing. It could be like when you have a crush on one twin but not the other even though they’re identical. Thinking back, did Grape and Mungo actually have literally any interaction while the two teams were together?

I personally agree that the Max and Grape ship should end. I mean she and Res are such a better couple. Max is great...but...he doesn’t have....it. I’m waiting for Res to finish that last book and come back to Babylon Gardens so we can pick up where we left off. I just love Res. We are so much alike except he’s successful and I’m not.

I just wish it didn’t feel like they had to break up, but in some ways Peanut is more believable as a love interest than Max, heck I kinda feel a large reason why Max never developed as a major character is because of the relationship, he occasionally has shown the potential to develop more, but it seems like most arcs were only supposed to consider him as a character in relation to Grape, not on his own.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Panther wrote:I've missed something , apparently . I knew Keene has left his "job" ; but why he's gone out of the Milton manor ? :?
He wants to experience what's it like to be everyone else who doesn't have $15,000,000,000 to blow on treats and shiny things or to serve as a safety net to bail yourself out of sticky situations.
The cape comes with the promotion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:That is intersting. How do Grape’s crushes work? She did not have any or show any interest in Mungo but was it because of Res or was there something special about Satau that made him more appealing. It could be like when you have a crush on one twin but not the other even though they’re identical. Thinking back, did Grape and Mungo actually have literally any interaction while the two teams were together?

I just wish it didn’t feel like they had to break up, but in some ways Peanut is more believable as a love interest than Max, heck I kinda feel a large reason why Max never developed as a major character is because of the relationship, he occasionally has shown the potential to develop more, but it seems like most arcs were only supposed to consider him as a character in relation to Grape, not on his own.
Keep in mind that most of Grape and Max's relationship is mostly hinted t obe done in private; off-the-screen. Grape could very well be developing something with Max that the fans aren't seeing. They already know a lot about each other, but it's just a question of how much they plan on developing it further.

Personally, if what Rick is saying, i'm hoping this is the arc for it :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:

Keep in mind that most of Grape and Max's relationship is mostly hinted t obe done in private; off-the-screen. Grape could very well be developing something with Max that the fans aren't seeing. They already know a lot about each other, but it's just a question of how much they plan on developing it further.

Personally, if what Rick is saying, i'm hoping this is the arc for it :3
Are you talking about that line at the end of King’s Wedding (either that or the botched one that Sabrina got roped into) where Grape basically told Max she wouldn’t be against having kittens, the highly anticipated arc where we get some explanation on why Rufus cares so much about Max, or some combination of both things?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Panther wrote:I've missed something , apparently . I knew Keene has left his "job" ; but why he's gone out of the Milton manor ? :?
He wants to experience what's it like to be everyone else who doesn't have $15,000,000,000 to blow on treats and shiny things or to serve as a safety net to bail yourself out of sticky situations.
He wants to better himself by living life as a "normal" person in a normal house buying normal food and cooking it in a normal kitchen that he bought with his billions of dollars. I mean he almost destroyed the world and it kind of messed him up.
Again I ask why he just doesn't leave for Florida or go back to the Mansion now that the electricity is out. No one would think less of him if he just went back until the power is back in the neighborhood. It's basically the same as staying with a relative after a disaster or something. I feel like there should be a really legitimate reason for him to not be going someplace warm or safe. The logic is so strange. There is no power, no heat, so his solution is find a hot spring somewhere in the midwest USA instead of just going to Florida or the Caribbean or literally anywhere where there is not snow. I want to think he's doing this for Breel but honestly he's just being as stubborn as when he decided to use divine magic to "fix the world." He's learned nothing over these last months.

Staycation? Really, you have billions of dollars and you want stay home during the winter? You have billions of dollars and you can't buy a portable generator? Or hire someone to light the fireplace for you. King's looking for work.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He was stubborn in trying to change the world and he is stubborn in trying to live like a middle class animals. Yup. I would say his problem is being stubborn.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'd say Dayzee's got it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:Are you talking about that line at the end of King’s Wedding (either that or the botched one that Sabrina got roped into) where Grape basically told Max she wouldn’t be against having kittens, the highly anticipated arc where we get some explanation on why Rufus cares so much about Max, or some combination of both things?
Oh no

And they never talked about kittens. yet.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The scene inside doesn't look that frightful. Yet. 8-)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Grape and Mungo didn't interact directly in the temple on-screen, it it's assumed they overcame challenges together. Those two actually met before that when Fox and Mungo were interviewing members of the Good Ol' Dogs' Club.
GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Are you talking about that line at the end of King’s Wedding (either that or the botched one that Sabrina got roped into) where Grape basically told Max she wouldn’t be against having kittens, the highly anticipated arc where we get some explanation on why Rufus cares so much about Max, or some combination of both things?
Oh no

And they never talked about kittens. yet.
It was King's wedding, and while they didn't talk about kittens, Grape did mention they could get married.Image
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Just realized Rick was teasing both of our other main characters going down a similar route to King, considering Tarot’s the one who caught the bouquet... I still feel a little cheated by it cutting off right as she asked, we don’t know if she was even a little bit serious plus it be nice to know what Max would think about it after his initial shock
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...caught it with a little help from Karishad (an interesting friendship, there) .... and a bank-shot off Natalie, poor dear. Wonder who's the dog in the pink collar to Tarot's left?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

She's one of the K9s, as yet un-named.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:...caught it with a little help from Karishad (an interesting friendship, there) .... and a bank-shot off Natalie, poor dear. Wonder who's the dog in the pink collar to Tarot's left?
Tarot's and Kari's relationship just kinda pittered out after a while. He moved in with Jessica and they rarely see each other anymore. They were getting pretty close a few years back and now its like nothing. They're more like business associates now more than anything. They only get together when the world is in danger. We need a Tarot and Karishad arc.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:...caught it with a little help from Karishad (an interesting friendship, there) .... and a bank-shot off Natalie, poor dear. Wonder who's the dog in the pink collar to Tarot's left?
Tarot's and Kari's relationship just kinda pittered out after a while. He moved in with Jessica and they rarely see each other anymore. They were getting pretty close a few years back and now its like nothing. They're more like business associates now more than anything. They only get together when the world is in danger. We need a Tarot and Karishad arc.
The tarot is already being planned... but I agree that Kari would be great in an arc... though I have suspicions that him being based on someone Rick knows irl is why he’s yet to do it. If you portray them in a light they don’t like, they can take it personally
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kari IS based on a person Rick knows in real life who he is close to. That is why the mods don't like it much when you pair him up with other characters (like Tarot).
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The thing is that when you use real life people as inspiration things become tricky. After a while that character becomes unique and begins to take on a life of their own that is separated from the original source. If you agree to let someone base a character off of you then you should know what your getting yourself into and have to learn to deal with the consequences that come from it. People can complain and whine but life has a tendency to lead to unexpected and dangerous places even in and especially in fictional realities.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Which is why Rick has actually come out and said that Karishad and Tarot were not ever intended to be anything more than friends, and that any viewing of them as a romantic pair is just one's imagination
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:The thing is that when you use real life people as inspiration things become tricky. After a while that character becomes unique and begins to take on a life of their own that is separated from the original source. If you agree to let someone base a character off of you then you should know what your getting yourself into and have to learn to deal with the consequences that come from it. People can complain and whine but life has a tendency to lead to unexpected and dangerous places even in and especially in fictional realities.
IRL Kari kinda would be hard to be harsh to at the moment though, dude seems to not have the best health from what I can tell and he often has to make trips to the hospital it sounds like he has trouble affording. Probably not my place to even bring up that stuff though, so just gonna say, due to that I’ll understand the why if Kari never gets his own arc, but I’ll equally appreciate it if he gets an arc because of that.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Tarot is going to pair up with someone from another dimension.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Argent wrote:Tarot is going to pair up with someone from another dimension.
... oddly enough, could already be the case. Perhaps the wrong place to bring it up, but considering Tarot doesn’t even have a confirmed owner, not much saying her dimension of origin is the same as the rest of the Housepets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So are we thinking Dragon took her from another dimension and plopped her into the HP! one in order to get another avatar? Wouldn't that be breaking some kind of cosmic rule? :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Part of me has always wondered about Tarot's backstory but I've never cared enough about it until now that people are pointing it out. Now I'm curious. I always thought she was just independent with her own job(s) and living with Sabrina while her owner is off who know where.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So are we thinking Dragon took her from another dimension and plopped her into the HP! one in order to get another avatar? Wouldn't that be breaking some kind of cosmic rule? :lol:
Well it is implied that Dragon was pretty much just as bad as Pete was to the mortals, just she tended to be a bit more subtle about stuff, so wouldn't put it past her. Note, I doubt that will be part of her backstory, it would mean another dimension Rick can't just ignore like heaven and now the pretty much hell place, and I doubt he'd want that headache
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well he is already ignoring the Gallifrax Dimension which is our dimension so what is another one? ;)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Maybe she's from Gallifrax?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If she is then she must have had a good few years to acclimate from become a quadruped feral dog to a bipedal anthro dog.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If she is then she must have had a good few years to acclimate from become a quadruped feral dog to a bipedal anthro dog.
Even Max didn't take years.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Max WAS already in the Housepets! dimension and had been born and raised there so it really doesn't seem like a good comparison.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I think they mean that Max adjusted pretty fast when he went to Gallifrax.

Although I agree that HP! :arrow: Gallifrax would be an easier transition that Gallifrax :arrow: HP!

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Bandit1990 wrote:I think they mean that Max adjusted pretty fast when he went to Gallifrax.

Although I agree that HP! :arrow: Gallifrax would be an easier transition that Gallifrax :arrow: HP!
I don’t know why they would go aside from the awesome waterslide, but I want them to go back to Galifrax sometime... what would happen to King if he went to Gallifrax?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot seems to have a home but not a "mom" or "dad"; perhaps, like Sabrina, her humans are the wandering, long absent type. They'd be an interesting addition to the cast since you'd have to assume Tarot's "parents" would have powers, too.