Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hi Flandab,
If you want to start an RP of your own, first please PM me a fleshed out setting and theme of the RP , if everything is ok, you can then post it here to see if anyone is interested. After enough players sign up for it (usually 4-5 excluding you), you can start the RP thread.
Please note that the RP, no matter how crazy the universe can be, still have to follow the general family friendly rule of the forum.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Alright, here we go. Interest check for SRP!
Once upon a time, in the colorful and whimsical world of the Imaginarium, there was a man named Prometheus who caused all kinds of havoc throughout the land. He unleashed monsters that ravaged and razed throughout the Imaginarium, causing pain, despair, and sorrow. The spirits saw this as too much, and so called for heroes, right there in the Imaginarium, and in the multiverse. Their cries of help rang throughout the Oneirosphere.

You! Yes, YOU are the ones chosen by the spirits to fight this threat. Only you have the power to defeat him, and only you have the courage to stop him.

~~*º*~~

Welcome to the Imaginarium where all things bright and beautiful flourish, and the cool and awesome frolic. The land is under threat of Prometheus, king of the monsters. You must go to his castle in Mountainland to defeat him and his army, but the path is not going to be peaceful, it's filled with treacherous landscapes and tricksy beasts, and they must be overcome before you can reach his castle. First will be Forestland, then Urbanland, and lastly, Swampland, but I'll give you some power to influence the themes of the lands. Perhaps, by consensus, we'll end up going through Snowland and Sealand instead.

You'll be starting in the relatively peaceful Hillland. Green grass and dandelions grow here. There's a town here, namely Townston, made of technicolor buildings. I'll leave the entrance to you. Get flashy, get crazy. Fall from the sky, appear from nowhere, actually already living there but only knowing you're a chosen one right now; the imagination is the limit.

So now that lore and fluff is out of the way, let's get to you. Yes, YOU! Who and what are you?
Character Entry Form wrote: Name: (What is your character called?)

Color: (What does your character sound like? Jk.)

Species: (What is your character? May be skipped.)

Appearance: (What does your character look like?)

Personality: (What is your character like?)

Backstory: (Get wild. Get as anime, cartoony, or anything in between as you want.)

Strengths and weaknesses: (Powers, abilities, skills, weaknesses, disabilities, and ineptitudes go here)

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.: (As usual. Put your character's stats here.)
EDIT: Shame. No one seems interested. :(
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

FlanDab wrote:Alright, here we go. Interest check for SRP!
Once upon a time, in the colorful and whimsical world of the Imaginarium, there was a man named Prometheus who caused all kinds of havoc throughout the land. He unleashed monsters that ravaged and razed throughout the Imaginarium, causing pain, despair, and sorrow. The spirits saw this as too much, and so called for heroes, right there in the Imaginarium, and in the multiverse. Their cries of help rang throughout the Oneirosphere.

You! Yes, YOU are the ones chosen by the spirits to fight this threat. Only you have the power to defeat him, and only you have the courage to stop him.

~~*º*~~

Welcome to the Imaginarium where all things bright and beautiful flourish, and the cool and awesome frolic. The land is under threat of Prometheus, king of the monsters. You must go to his castle in Mountainland to defeat him and his army, but the path is not going to be peaceful, it's filled with treacherous landscapes and tricksy beasts, and they must be overcome before you can reach his castle. First will be Forestland, then Urbanland, and lastly, Swampland, but I'll give you some power to influence the themes of the lands. Perhaps, by consensus, we'll end up going through Snowland and Sealand instead.

You'll be starting in the relatively peaceful Hillland. Green grass and dandelions grow here. There's a town here, namely Townston, made of technicolor buildings. I'll leave the entrance to you. Get flashy, get crazy. Fall from the sky, appear from nowhere, actually already living there but only knowing you're a chosen one right now; the imagination is the limit.

So now that lore and fluff is out of the way, let's get to you. Yes, YOU! Who and what are you?
Character Entry Form wrote: Name: (What is your character called?)

Color: (What does your character sound like? Jk.)

Species: (What is your character? May be skipped.)

Appearance: (What does your character look like?)

Personality: (What is your character like?)

Backstory: (Get wild. Get as anime, cartoony, or anything in between as you want.)

Strengths and weaknesses: (Powers, abilities, skills, weaknesses, disabilities, and ineptitudes go here)

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.: (As usual. Put your character's stats here.)
EDIT: Shame. No one seems interested. :(
Um, that might be because you didn't make the info easy to find. Assuming Serene approved of it, you should have asked people if they'd be interested in another post kinda similar to my thing asking about if anyone wanted to Co-GM with me for the pokemon thing.

I'm just gonna put up suggestions for ideas I think might be fun if anyone else would do them, but I'm not really in the mood to make myself.
1. Power Rangers/Super Sentai RP, as silly as the shows are, there is something appealing about being in a team of brightly colored super hero teams. Figure it be an interesting concept if someone could figure out the details to make it work.
2. Fantasy/Medieval Setting RP. I'm just bringing it up as I'm surprised that with magic and sci-fi both being present here, I am honestly surprised that no one has yet asked themselves "You know, it be fun to play as a dragon in one of these RPs" I know I would do that if anyone ever does set this up.
3. Steampunk/Magicpunk/Basically any world that doesn't use electricity as its main power source RP. Don't have a lot to say on this one, I just think the worlds you make based on alternative power sources are cool.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

actually Gameb1boy the fact that you made another thread just to gather players is kind of unprecedented. Usually the main ooc would serve as the place for that too.
With that said though, maybe that would help it stands out more than just another post in the main ooc, so if you wanna give it another try flandab, please feel free to go ahead
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Serence Frostbite wrote:actually Gameb1boy the fact that you made another thread just to gather players is kind of unprecedented. Usually the main ooc would serve as the place for that too.
With that said though, maybe that would help it stands out more than just another post in the main ooc, so if you wanna give it another try flandab, please feel free to go ahead
Huh, while definitely felt weird to do, didn’t figure I was the first to do so. I’ll keep that in mind for the future
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Well, it definitely makes sense to do it as its own thread. Makes it much more clear that it's a thing, offers a place to discuss its intricacies on its own away from the major thread where character sheets are normally posted and people can talk of the roleplay section generally.

Can easily be turned into the O.O.C. thread afterwards by editing the original post, too, which is tidy as well. It also leaves the discussion for clearing up details and ironing out the setting as part of the O.O.C. thread associated with the roleplay instead of it being in its own floating discussion thread.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

... should someone bring this idea up for consideration to the forum changes?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

This is already a thing. Happened with the Applegate O.O.C. thread.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I see. Neat
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

applegate happened before my time so i actually didn't know that was a thing, but even if it wasn't, it's not like there's a rule that says you MUST you the main OOC or recruiting anyway, so i think it's fine either way
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm glad I could share something with you.
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

it did make it a little confusing when what i thought was going to be the Pokemon OOC suddenly wasn't though.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Sorry about that
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

not going to be on much tonight.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Being around two hours short of a full week since I launched the thread announcing my attempt at rebooting Edge City, I think it's time I make the announcement here. Perhaps I should have sooner, but I'm here now. A description can be found in the opening post for it, but I will summarize here.

Edge City was a role play that was originally inspired by the idea of looming threats of creepypasta entities, though I aim to reduce the reliance on that medium(but may still include some of them if you can point me to one that fits)and try to give new air and angles to play from, while maintaining the idea of the survival horror atmosphere. Players control non-supernatural pets with similarly non-supernatural owners/parents that attempt to handle whatever may come to the best of their abilities, alone or in groups.

For those already interested, I have updated the opening description to better explain what the idea is. For those who are just looking, everything you need—modified character sheet included—can be found in the opening post.

Should any clarification be needed, and it's not already been addressed in the new thread, go ahead and leave a comment there and I will do my best to explain the details.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hi guys, sorry to everyone who's been waiting on me, I know i've been taking forever and a half, just that work suddenly pile up with the summer and festival and the storm and everything gets flooded. I'll try to get back up to speed as soon as possible, sorry for the wait.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I have a question, is it allowed to mention characters from one RP in another one, an example is if a character's relative is in another RP.
Edit: actually, it doesn't really matter because I am going to branch out! My next roleplay character won't be a cat! It will be a Pomeranian! (For multiple reasons, such as they are cute, I need to stop doing just cats, and the annoying dog is a Pomeranian.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

To answer your first question because it is a good one, I believe you can refer to a character in another RP if the two RPs are in the same universe. The Richmond Acres universe is the same one as the Housepets! universe. That said, if the Roleplay your other character is from is on another site, then there isn't really any problem with re-purposing the character for one of the RPs on this forum.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Other forums? You mean like Pokefarm, which I don't roleplay on, and I don't use any other forums.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I was just saying an example of an exception. I didn't know if you had any characters on other forums or not.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you mean characters in other RPs on our forums then you're free to refer to them as long as it makes sense in the story.
If you mean actually having the characters appear, that's up to GM discretion. Characters CAN move between RPs that are set in the same universe but they can't be in two places at once.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Okay, resolution for 2019: be again more present like in the good days. Period!
valerio

Post by valerio »

FYI: Posted in Apollo City and AC OOC. Thank you!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

'Orange soda may not be provided to underage pets' What? Is this serious or a joke?
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

In the Housepets! comic, Orange Soda has a similar effect to alcohol for... really no reason other than a joke early on with King and because as a PG comic, there can't really be any consumption of actual alcohol.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It's serious. We're just covering our butts on the legal side of things by not showing or encouraging underage drinking.
As Cyber said, orange soda has been established in the comic as the equivalent of alcohol to pets.
Obviously underage pets can't be given alcohol either.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

What about strawberry soda?
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

As far as I know only Orange Soda has been established as having an intoxicating effect, so Strawberry Soda should still be fine.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, that should be fine.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So, out of curiosity since we've gained some new and some returning players...

If I was to reboot the Redwall RP, would anyone be interested in joining?

(Other than you, Welshie. You're a given. :P )
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Squeak. Or, rather, gwasgu.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I would love a Redwall RP reboot, I've read the books, I love the books. BRING BACK REDWALL! Wait... this is based off the Brian Jacques books, right?
Rp characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Indeed it is. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Man I love Redwall...though I haven't read the books or saw the show in eon...Still though, an RP would be fun!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

count me in as well
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Could be neat. Even though I have gripes with the books (Brian had a bad tendency to reuse character types, there was literally no difference between most of the characters in different books, especially the hares) it is an interesting setting, and my otter Rudder was almost born to be one of those lovable spicy food loving sailors of the books
valerio

Post by valerio »

Due to intense lack of sleep and being busy until Sunday mid-morning, I will be able to post again not before 15:00 Italian time.
Have a great weekend you guys! *Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Denabella

Post by Denabella »

I have a question. I have an OC who I'm a little nervous to show off because I don't know how you all take daughter of so and so ocs. Um... Is that okay? Or against the rules? Because I've looked in the rules, and I saw nothing against it, but I want to make sure. Man, this thing is a mess in grammar. I am so sorry about that.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm not really sure what you mean by a "daughter of so and so" OC. Could you explain?
-Champion Motto

Denabella

Post by Denabella »

An offspring of a canon character? For example, I have Aria who is Kitsune's daughter. I don't know if that's allowed or not. I really don't want to break any rules.