OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by Buster »

*looks at thread*
anyone know a god place to get breaks repaired cheap?

also any idea where midnight went?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Midnight hasn't been seen on the forums since July 3. I'm guessing he lost interest during one of the periods the RP was inactive. We probably shouldn't wait too long for him.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

um, night, the black text is Soqhu, not Rua. Rua is the pink text.

also, no reaction at all to the first 3/4 of the post? i understand the appeal of only responding to what the character is paying attention to, i do it my self at times, but he has no reaction to being laughed at? soqhu's lame picolo/gohan refrence? being let go? being grabbed hold of?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I think his words were directed at Rua before he left, so his look was as well. Also, responding only to the last bit of a post is fairly common, especially if one does not have a lot of time to write.
-Champion Motto

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hi... I uh... Don't know if anyone remembers me...

I haven't been here in... gods years now...

Hello, I am Zekial Warren, the original poster of the first Radient Gardens.

I don't know who is GMing this now... But if you'll have me, I'd love to come and stay for a while, I'd have to dig up my sheet...

[Edit]

Here it is!

Name: Zeke Warren

Species: Alaskan Malamute

Home: A decent sized, two floor home with an attic and basement.

Appearance: Zeke's fur is pure white except for the tips of his ears and tail which is a coal black, his eyes splitting in color the left being and emerald green and the right a royal blue. Around his neck he wears a red leather collar with a silver eighth note as a tag. More often than not he wears a well polished violin across his back, his name engraved in ornate gold painted letters.

Personality: A kind and understanding dog, he is willing to hear someone out before jumping to conclusions. He finds joy in helping his friends, and will protect them through thick and thin, no matter the cost. He also seems to have a slight problem with spacing out when he has a lot on his mind.

Ability: Zeke has the ability to conduct and create electricity through his entire body, able to release it at will. However, even though he has control of his power certain emotions tend to make him emit small jolts of static through his fur

Other Notes: Zeke's mother passed a year before he arrived in Radient Gardens with his father, who is often away due to his work, leaving Zeke to take care of himself. Zeke learned how to play the violin from his mother, having practiced with her daily since he was placed in her care, as well as learning to sing on his own. Zeke has been away from Radiant Gardens for some time now, exactly where no one but himself is sure of. But he has come to his home and is ready to walk around what he hopes to be familiar grounds.

SPECIAL:
S - 5 "I mean I can help, but I dunno if I can pick it up by myself..."
P - 5 "I see a tree... Cars... The grass...What else?"
E - 5 "We may need to stop for breaks."
C - 5 "Flowers? For me? How thoughtful!"
I - 8 "Once you notice something, you can never return to the time when you did not notice it."
A - 9 "I'm quite skilled with my paws, can you keep up?"
L - 5 "Hey look a dollar! Where's my wallet?"
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, hey! I remember you! Both from RG and EA! Welcome back!

NeonIcyWings is the GM here now. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alrighty! Looking over the character sheet it looks completely ship shape. Only problem I would foresee is the groups are split and might be hard to integrate Zeke into. The bigger group is at a big house/ranch at the edge of town currently doing a house tour and then the other group is in a different house that's in town proper, unless I am just completely mistaken. We have been trying to end this day for like over a year now, but MAYBE in the coming months the day can be slain! So, yeah, if you can find a way you like for Zeke to jump in go for it!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hmm.... Well perhaps I'll wait for the day to be slain or do a post of him moving in next door/near to the house the smaller group is in?
Pet Friendly:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the smaller group is in the same part of the neighbourhood deske's characters live in, and is at the home of what appears to be an African Lion who runs a paint ball field out of the woods behind his house. He's expecting this weekend to be the last good weekend for playing before it's consistently too cold, which is meant as an open invitation for a possible event neon can use for the next day.

also i think in RP time it's November 2017, i think it's a thursday? friday?
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Interesting. Hmm anyone have any ideas?
Pet Friendly:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:the smaller group is in the same part of the neighbourhood deske's characters live in, and is at the home of what appears to be an African Lion who runs a paint ball field out of the woods behind his house. He's expecting this weekend to be the last good weekend for playing before it's consistently too cold, which is meant as an open invitation for a possible event neon can use for the next day.

also i think in RP time it's November 2017, i think it's a thursday? friday?
Huh? I don't recall that...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i was referring to Rua, Soqhu, an the other two.
or did you mean the date and day of the year bit cause i was pretty sure that was established during the trip to the movies.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:i was referring to Rua, Soqhu, an the other two.
or did you mean the date and day of the year bit cause i was pretty sure that was established during the trip to the movies.
More the fact that you seem to be talking about a different RP, my friend.

The small group here is Jake and Bonnie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

no, Rua is the character that replaced sandy, her sheet is a few pages back. she's currently at her house spending time with Phoebe (CD's rabbit), while Soqhu and eclipse (midnight's character) chat. they live on the same street as Rig.
Rua and Soqhu are technically magical beings but they look lion-ish enough to be easily disguised.

i wasn't counting bonnie and jake because joining that group would just be awkward.

...though i'm starting to wonder if midnight doesn't understand the distinction between angry character and angry player. Exlipse might be on Rua's bad-side but playing her is more interesting with him there than without.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I mean does that mean there is a place for me to squeeze into or?
Pet Friendly:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:no, Rua is the character that replaced sandy, her sheet is a few pages back. she's currently at her house spending time with Phoebe (CD's rabbit), while Soqhu and eclipse (midnight's character) chat. they live on the same street as Rig.
Rua and Soqhu are technically magical beings but they look lion-ish enough to be easily disguised.

i wasn't counting bonnie and jake because joining that group would just be awkward.

...though i'm starting to wonder if midnight doesn't understand the distinction between angry character and angry player. Exlipse might be on Rua's bad-side but playing her is more interesting with him there than without.
You do play angry characters very convincingly. :P
WolvenPaw15 wrote:I mean does that mean there is a place for me to squeeze into or?
I'm sure we can think of something. I'll work on an idea.
-Champion Motto

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Much appreciated. I have been trying to think of something but it all ends in monologue xP
Pet Friendly:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:You do play angry characters very convincingly. :P
i work in tech support. being able to mask my real mood is kinda a job requirement. this is just doing it backwards.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig's kind of in limbo since he's reading a book, if the Bellus' were kind enough to let him leave with said book under the promise that he'd return it, then I can set something up. Depends on how cliche you want it to be though. Meet on the street, meet in the forest, accidental summoning, accidental dispelling of an illusion. Could be used to get you in, with a personal bonus of working me out of my funk.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That's better than anything I've been able to think of.

Which is admittedly very little... :oops:
-Champion Motto

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:Rig's kind of in limbo since he's reading a book, if the Bellus' were kind enough to let him leave with said book under the promise that he'd return it, then I can set something up. Depends on how cliche you want it to be though. Meet on the street, meet in the forest, accidental summoning, accidental dispelling of an illusion. Could be used to get you in, with a personal bonus of working me out of my funk.
You could possibly see the moving van? The old Radient Gardens was destroyed yeah? So Zeke would probably find his old house isn't there any more? So that'd also make for a mildly confused doggo.
Pet Friendly:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you know, trying to avoid starting a fight between the brat and not-Harvey without breaking character is proving kinda difficult when there's a massive culture barrier in the way...
:|
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

She's not a brat. She's scared, and she has a demon whispering in her ear. She did just have a fox try to eat her earlier that day.

Fear has a heavy grip on her. She's afraid of a lot of things for good reason, and the little voice in her head that is Nightmare doesn't really help with that.

Ultimately though, Nightmare is a reflection of her fears. Nightmare doesn't trust Rua because, while Phoebe thinks she trusts her, she still isn't 100% sure. That doubt is what Nightmare is using. He's whispering in her ear, and bringing that doubt to the front of her mind.

Another thing to keep in mind is she has spent the majority of her life locked in a torture dungeon. She has absolutely no idea about the way things work, least of all that animals eat other animals, or that even nice animals have to eat other animals if they're carnivores, which is a word she doesn't really know. She is starting to catch on to these facts though, and that's why Nightmare is acting up.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

iwas calling rua a brat not phoebe
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Oh. My bad. :oops: :P
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I should have told Andrew he wasn't adopting a Dog," Kaylee said before laughing and rubbing his stomach, "I should have told him he was adopting a bottomless pit!"
there's a difference? you've clearly never owned a lab, ducktoller, or a golden.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So I was thinking. I think I'm going to make the police officer(s) who rescued Phoebe from the murder house aware of the demon. They would have seen it when they answered the 911 call. Rua might think to find the officer to ask him about what happened. Or maybe the officer is trying to find Phoebe after she escaped the pound. The reason I would like to have an encounter with him is that he can give some information about Phoebe and Nightmare that Rua might need if Phoebe is going to be staying with her.

Just some stuff I was thinking about.
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Name: Pierre

Color: Cobalt Blue (0047ab)

Species: Wolf

Home: A large cardboard box

Appearance: Pierre looks almost entirely like a normal wolf. He's thin and lithe with slender limbs. He has a steel-grey fur, and deep blue eyes that seem to almost glow. His feet are very different from all other wolves, as they're talons with four fingers that can grab hold to anything that resembles a branch. One won't notice unless they deliberately look below. On his neck is a blue scarf with white stripes that he almost never removes.

Personality: Pierre is childish and uncommon to find serious. He does his doing everyday like he&apos;s playing. He's flirty to anyone he meets, regardless of species. He tends to flirt with machines. He also likes to hang upside-down from ceilings and branches.

Powers: Pierre has the ability to learn the function of an item and how to operate it just by touching it, but he does not necessarily acquire the skill to operate it effectively, meaning that he won't be driving a car, riding a bike, or taking breathtaking pictures by simply touching a car, a bike, or a camera. In the same vein, he won't become an expert swordsman, a seasoned fisherman, or an accurate gunman just by getting his hands on a sword, a rod, or a gun.

He not skilled in using computers, but he could hack electronic locks and passwords by touching them.

He also has the ability shock people with his hands. It's supposed to be used as a stun gun to immobilize and disable threats. It's powerful enough to cause people to drop to floor, spasming. At best, it's a non-lethal weapon.

The reason he almost never removes his scarf is because it returns to his neck once he loses focus or falls asleep. Anything attached or hidden in the scarf will be left behind in the last location of the scarf. It's actually a hard-light projection. Pierre is supposed to be "projecting" tools on the fly, but he never learned or was never taught how to do it. The scarf is the default form of the projection.

History: Pierre is an escaped experiment from a secret laboratory in France. He was born with his abilities, as he was made to be a spy and saboteur. He ran away from lab. He decided to run away from Europe afterwards, but he didn't have any a passport or visa, so he went to a post office, and packaged himself to America.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
S- 8
P- 7
E- 7
C- 6
I- 5
A- 5
L- 4
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alright, so long as no one else has any complaints everything should be in order for you to jump on in! If ya need any help on the wens and wheres to jump in feel free to ask! And apologies for my own slow postings, hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

I noticed. I was stalking this thread for a while, and there were only tumbleweeds. However, I have an issue: To whom should Pierre's box be delivered?
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Possibly at Zeke's since he does live alone basically?
Pet Friendly:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Name: Ferrum Flash
Sex: Male
Species: Arctic Fox
Appearance: Completely white, though magic seemed to leave him with orange fur on his hand paws.
Home: Mechanic’s garage.
Personality: mostly serious with a tendency to get irritable when his plans are forced to change, is highly empathetic and honest to a fault, having almost lost his father/owner money on multiple occasions because he can’t haggle with customers when he knows how much something is worth and how much most customers can afford.
Power (and history as well I guess): since his owner found him abandoned at his doorstep, Ferrum has been able to make any metal melt the moment he touches it. Mr. Flash gave him the name Ferrum due to the first encounter with this ability, ruining the progress on a car he’d been fixing.. It is possible that the metal Ferrum touches is purified by his touch, but he has not tested this facet of his powers that much. The fox constantly wears gloves so he can still handle metal, but otherwise has no way of keeping his powers in check besides clothing.
He has some experience with fixing machines, but due to his powers, he usually leaves this work to his adoptive father.
Other notes:
-He is one of the only pets who wishes it was the norm for animals to wear pants in Radients Valley, wanting them to cancel off a little more of his power.
-He often wears a jacket his father made to advertise the business. It does little to shield him from the cold as he made the zipper melt off.
SPECIAL
S-3
P-7
E-7
C-9
I-7
A-7
L-2
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Looking it over it should be perfectly acceptable, I'm only a tad worried the power may bit a bit one note that won't have much application in the RP, and would be more of a hindrance than anything. If you really want it to be Ferrum's power I guess it's fine, I would just recommend thinking it over to really make sure if you want to lock it in or swap it out for one that could still warrant clothing coverage but have more of an overall presence.

With the latest addition I believe we're reaching the cap on players for now, see how pacing and such goes from here and how everything meshes.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Looking it over it should be perfectly acceptable, I'm only a tad worried the power may bit a bit one note that won't have much application in the RP, and would be more of a hindrance than anything. If you really want it to be Ferrum's power I guess it's fine, I would just recommend thinking it over to really make sure if you want to lock it in or swap it out for one that could still warrant clothing coverage but have more of an overall presence.

With the latest addition I believe we're reaching the cap on players for now, see how pacing and such goes from here and how everything meshes.

I plan to apply it creatively, being able to melt metal in my mind basically means that metal becomes useless to attack him with, so bullets are just really strong punches to him, if even that. Though if you still think it be too one note, could add some mild metal bending as well, with the downside being he either can only use liquid metal or that he can’t control any of the metal he touches. I also don’t really want to be a glory hound, I’m fine not having the most exciting power so long as I can bounce lines off other people. When should I reply on the IC Part of this RP? I don’t want to mess anything up when I join
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Eh, I just thought it'd be one note due to how little actiony action there's been lately. Even over Vineyard's whole existence I could probably count the number of true action moments on one hand, so the likely hood of there being bullets to punch him are quite slim. Even then it'd probably be some magic ability or spell that'd do the punching anyway.

Either way you can jump in whenever, just read through and see which group seems the most joinable right now, which probably means Rig and Zeke since they're in the open while everyone else is shut into one house or another, heh. But hope you enjoy and have fun!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Thanks, and hey, chill stuff with magic can be fun as well, so I don’t mind... do hope I can find an organic way to work him in though. Though the introduction is always the hardest part either way
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

*spray paints "Phoebee" on the side of a bus and unsubtly chucks hackle's abandoned fox character under it*

if he cared he wouldn't have disappeared two years ago.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To explain...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

sorry i'm slowing down more than usual, i'm trying to figure out a way to explain rua's assumptions about ghosty that doesn't sound expository, but that's proving kinda difficult since she's a world-hopper from a high fantasy setting trying to pretend to be local...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Sorry Buster. Did a big edit to my last post. I didn't see you had edited your post before I submitted mine and this was the first chance to change it since I noticed.
-Champion Motto