2018/08/31 - Maybe We’ll Skip This One

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cesco

Re: 2018/08/31 - Maybe We’ll Skip This One

Post by Cesco »

Oooh, welcome back Bailey's wraith, it has been a long time (was better to don't see you again, but the circumstances needs you again). :P Good that you've noted it, Gale, because that's not a vice vision. ;) Gale was being really threatening, anyway, maybe without even realize that those aren't wolves... :roll: Eheh, probably, she's student of Deadeye. :P But, where's King?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cesco wrote: But, where's King?
He's there, apparently, my friend. You can see him in panel #5
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bill in OK wrote:What's the point of having a zipper on your tent when even woodland critters have opposable thumbs?
The wind and rain don't.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

They should invest in like a tent zipper lock or something. You know what’s interesting is that we never see tools or equipment designed specifically to deal with anthropomorphic animals. In a world like this you expect humans to have evolved to deal with them like we deal with normal animals.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Also, really digging the detail on the fur being grabbed by Bailey <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Yeaaah!! You tell her, Bailey!! :D
Last edited by Soerix on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

fenrirblack wrote:They should invest in like a tent zipper lock or something. You know what’s interesting is that we never see tools or equipment designed specifically to deal with anthropomorphic animals. In a world like this you expect humans to have evolved to deal with them like we deal with normal animals.
They do. http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/200 ... inor-flaw/
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

kavviyenta wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:They should invest in like a tent zipper lock or something. You know what’s interesting is that we never see tools or equipment designed specifically to deal with anthropomorphic animals. In a world like this you expect humans to have evolved to deal with them like we deal with normal animals.
They do. http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/200 ... inor-flaw/
As much as I appreciate that joke and understand what Rick was doing, that only adds to my point that human's in the HPU are vastly unprepared to deal with anthropomorphic animals. It's the same thing with the tranquilizer guns when the wolves went the zoo. I mean if what you are using is not working then maybe you should get something stronger. What is to stop the animals from revolting and usurp the human race? I'm pretty sure that's what happened in Zootopia. I mean the dolphins are already plotting to do just that but at least their aquatic mammals.
Blackspots

Post by Blackspots »

fenrirblack wrote:King *half asleep* "Bailey, what's going on?"
Bailey *pulls Gale closer to her face* "Nothing honey, go back to sleep."
King *half asleep* "Oh. Okay." *snores*

I would be surprised that King is sleeping through this but he did almost sleep through the birth of his children so... I love how she said "touch my pups" instead of "touch my family" so apparently she does not think much of King.

It's not everyday we get a timeless strip like this one. This is one we will be referring back to for years to come. It was all worth it for this moment.
I'm sure Bailey loves King, but she probably also knows that he's capable of taking care of himself, too.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:What is to stop the animals from revolting and usurp the human race?
If you read the history of the world posts, animals volunteered for domestication because they realized those geeky humans were onto something but actually developing technology was too much work. Even animals with agency in the human world like Keene have odd conceptual deficits.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Shockey Rai wrote: You wouldn't wanna face Bailey's wraith.
Or get Bailey's wrath to your face. Just ask Bino.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:What is to stop the animals from revolting and usurp the human race?
If you read the history of the world posts, animals volunteered for domestication because they realized those geeky humans were onto something but actually developing technology was too much work. Even animals with agency in the human world like Keene have odd conceptual deficits.
That still doesn’t mean they can’t be like “Okay we got what we wanted, we don’t need you anymore.” Then the usurping happens. The humans are enslaved and forced to create better tech and luxury for the animals. I’m just a fan of the dramatic. Plus I’m revising my novel so I’m in the zone right now.

Btw is there a link to those history posts?
Liam

Post by Liam »

Bailey and Gale should talk this out. Y'know, the modern civilized way.

In a monetized livestream on Youtube. Chat votes who debated better.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:
That still doesn’t mean they can’t be like “Okay we got what we wanted, we don’t need you anymore.” Then the usurping happens. The humans are enslaved and forced to create better tech and luxury for the animals. I’m just a fan of the dramatic. Plus I’m revising my novel so I’m in the zone right now.

Btw is there a link to those history posts?
Normally, I would just have three links here, but Sansash created a topic about this with links years ago. This topic was what introduced me to the old site originally, so I'll give credit where credit is due.
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... f=2&t=3926
The cape comes with the promotion.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bill in OK wrote:What's the point of having a zipper on your tent when even woodland critters have opposable thumbs?
mosquitos.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:
mosquitos.
also it could only zip from the inside, or have a loop you can lock the zipper tab to
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...or the zipper serves as a clever device to rip, tear, or perforate the tent, forcing you to get a new one...
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:That still doesn’t mean they can’t be like “Okay we got what we wanted, we don’t need you anymore.”
Apart from Itsuki and Jata and maybe Keene have any animals at all shown any serious sustained ability to deal with modern civilization competently? Even Keene is only a couple stages above Jethro Clampett on the Beverly Hills Cartoon Millionaire scale, and Jata is kind of an idiot. Most animals them are completely happy with the state of things, or are jokes like Karl Wassname Faust.

Look at Cory and Jack. The only reason they're not in jail is because humans don't take animals seriously and they seem completely justified doing so. The animals on their part think humans are kind of weird for worrying about their place in the universe.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmp … thanks for bringing this strip back, Argent. Both Sasha and Bailey, funny and lovely, but NOT to be messed with …..
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Jata and Gale should get together. They have so much in common like being large predatory cats who beat up wolves. It would be a good excuse to see Jata again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Interesting pairing, Fen … romantic possibilities.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

fenrirblack wrote:Jata and Gale should get together. They have so much in common like being large predatory cats who beat up wolves. It would be a good excuse to see Jata again.
TO THE FANFIC SECTION!
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

KJOokami wrote:And this is why Bailey is waifu goals~

Also her eyes turned red, so she has clearly become Great Kitsune's avatar!

Nope, worse.. She IS Pete's avatar!

An as Great Kitsune said, their powers will fade in strength. but they still have them.
I'm sure Pete still have other mana pools she can tap into if she is really pressed into combat.

OrWasIt.EXE wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
KJOokami wrote:Also her eyes turned red, so she has clearly become Great Kitsune's avatar!
No, that means she is Kevin's avatar. Wait, what?
Kevin is Kitsune's avatar confirm???
Shasa is Great Kitsune's avatar.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Not this again...
:evil:
there's no logical reason for GK to even HAVE an avatar, he was GMing a pvp game!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Bailey looks more muscular violent than usual!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Buster wrote:Not this again...
there's no logical reason for GK to even HAVE an avatar, he was GMing a pvp game!
That's been well established by now, but I don't think that joke will ever go away entirely.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Four things: First, U&U doesn't have to follow all the same rules as D&D. In U&U, DMs might always have an avatar, even if they don't use them for anything in a PvP match. Second, any NPCs GK directly controlled to keep things fair between Dragon and Pete could be considered his "avatars". Third, the thing I cling on to the most of these, is back when people started to guess who the DM was (even before they know he was a kitsune)
rickgriffin wrote:EVEN IF the GM happens to be someone you know, you're not going to know who it would be, considering that the GM also has a Great Spirit form
To me, that tells us that even if GK doesn't have an avatar in the same way Tarot and Bailey were avatars, he has at least one non-spirit form like Pete's 'Gaspar' getup. It's more likely one of the pets in the comic is secretly GK in disguise then his avatar, but that has much more significant ramifications. They wouldn't just be under GK's auspices like an avatar, they literally would be GK having fun as a mortal. Fourth and finally, at this point most people aren't serious about accusations that someone is GK's aviator. It's just one of the running jokes of the forums like "Boy, [character] sure does look [adjective], even moreso than usual".
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Great Kitsune didn't have an avatar. Him taking control of an NPC for any particular reason would not make them his avatar (as avatar is a specific game class with specific rules) (also he never did take control of anyone in the story that we saw). Rick's statement was to dissuade the random guessing but doesn't guarantee that the GM would be anyone we know (and then he ended up not being anyone we knew). So, no, no avatar for the Kitsune :P
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Four things: First, U&U doesn't have to follow all the same rules as D&D
Stopping you right there, i never mentioned D&D. PVP in rpgs and their derivatives in general, regardless of game or platform, do not require the moderating party to be an active participant and many actively discourage it, as there's no advantage and numerous drawbacks.
Argent

Post by Argent »

On the other hands Second Life took some really bad turns after Phillip Rosedale left Linden Lab and they started actively discouraging LL employees from having active characters in-world.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

um... maybe it's been a few years but last i looked second life wasn't PVP focused...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Buster wrote:um... maybe it's been a few years but last i looked second life wasn't PVP focused...
I don't think I've ever been in an RPG campaign that was PVP focused.