2018/08/01 - Second Thoughts

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/08/01 - Second Thoughts

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/08/01 - Second Thoughts]
Title Text: I dunno, there's a lot on the floor but they were already there.

Well, that takes care of the primary issue.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2018/08/01 - Second Thoughts

Post by Gbr23 »

Gale, the hero we needed
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Either Lucrecia rescues them or Gale returns them to Miles with most of their teeth intact and never speak of Gale again :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

There are no words to describe how much I love this strip.

But there are other words like What Lucretia was there the whole time?! So much for my theory about girl’s week.

I said this once but it needs to be said again. I need to see the wolf cubs in school more than anything (except King’s dad of course).

Look at Miles being all contemplated. Are we still sure he doesn’t know what going on? He seems pretty oblivious to me. Ahh aren’t they adorable together. Old people love.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

GameCobra wrote:Either Lucrecia rescues them or Gale returns them to Miles with most of their teeth intact and never speak of Gale again :3
Or it could be Poncho and Jack rescuing them.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

GameCobra wrote:Either Lucrecia rescues them or Gale returns them to Miles with most of their teeth intact and never speak of Gale again :3
Yeah, especially considering that all that needs to happen to resolve this is someone telling Gale that they don't intend to stay in the area.

So, public school sounds better than being physically thrown in a rocky pit...well, maybe just. :lol:

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Bandit1990 wrote:
Yeah, especially considering that all that needs to happen to resolve this is someone telling Gale that they don't intend to stay in the area.

So, public school sounds better than being physically thrown in a rocky pit...well, maybe just. :lol:
I wouldn’t hold my breath on them going to public school. Private school is more likely. The Milton’s can buy their admissions. They can buy the school.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

True, I wonder if they'll get concessions on the uniform.

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Miles relaxes with his Lady Love
as Wolves rain into the pit.
Gale’s moved from push to shove
and got the little twit.
Lucretia leans into her male
as her son regrets his choice.
She doesn’t know Miles’ plan might fail
as a Daryl finds his voice.
Now Daryl’s stopped his screaming
he’s getting cheeky, he is;
as he laughs at Darth he’s beaming
soon lost teeth could be his.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

MILES AND LUCRETIA SNUGGLES! AAAAAAAAAA~

So cute. :3
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved is everything.
-T. Tollis

Listen to your second thought, or the third might be too late.
-Shannon Hale
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:MILES AND LUCRETIA SNUGGLES! AAAAAAAAAA~

So cute. :3
They are quite adorable!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I hope Deevee's missing teeth is just a one-off gag and not something serious that persists because losing teeth is kinda a big deal. Given the nature of this comic I shouldn't be worried, yet here I am (I find it ironic the only time the name Darth Vader Sanchez has been said in the comic (not including the tags) is in the cast page when Rockstar Hawk claimed it).
The cape comes with the promotion.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Still don't get how people live the same way we do with wildlife like that. I would think the world would be waaaaay different if animals have opposable thumbs.

Hopefully those three will escape the cougar pit.
fenrirblack wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:

I wouldn’t hold my breath on them going to public school. Private school is more likely. The Milton’s can buy their admissions. They can buy the school.

I hope the Miltons lose their money somehow so they wont have to use the money excuse to solve all their problems.
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Do not double-post. Please use the Edit button if you wish to add more to your post if it's the most recent
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

RokukeShiba wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I wouldn’t hold my breath on them going to public school. Private school is more likely. The Milton’s can buy their admissions. They can buy the school.
I hope the Miltons lose their money somehow so they wont have to use the money excuse to solve all their problems.
(Keene at least) has been cut of from his billions before and
Money doesn't solve all their problems
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

RokukeShiba wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I wouldn’t hold my breath on them going to public school. Private school is more likely. The Milton’s can buy their admissions. They can buy the school.

Possibly a bit nasty.

I don't think Lana would buy their way in. She'd probably encourage the positive press any school would get from accepting the Wolves. And keep the money for 'Plan B'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Champion Wallace wrote:
RokukeShiba wrote:
(Keene at least) has been cut of from his billions before and
Money doesn't solve all their problems
ok not all the problems, but still.

Then again I would enjoy the pups going to school arc because we would at lest have more human animal interactions (atlest human kids since seem kinda odd we barely see any in housepets.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Miles and Lucretia are such an enchanting couple ... I get the biggest kick out of Lucretia's "insecurities" since her demand brought the pack to BGardens in the first place.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn learn is just to love and be loved in return."

That line is from the song "Nature Boy". Look up the Nat King Cole version on. YouTube.

Yeah, old folks snuggling ... Me and the missus married since 1971......
Regards.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Deadeye's wolf sense will tingle and he'll deus ex machina the pack to safety.
Argent

Post by Argent »

KJOokami wrote:MILES AND LUCRETIA SNUGGLES! AAAAAAAAAA~
Lucretia is looking cuddly today, moreso than usual.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Daryls, Rockstar and Darth down, how many left to go?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

fenrirblack wrote:

As I understand it, the point of the wolf project is to promote human animal integration. Private schools are often seen as elite. Putting the wolf kids in with regular joe kids comes closer to the equality thing the Miltons seek.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Interesting issue since I don't think we've ever encountered evidence of a public school system, a teacher, or school children in Babylon Gardens. In fact, we rarely see children in Babylon Gardens...
Frank

Post by Frank »

Now you got me wondering what the government is like in the Housepets universe, whether it's bribable, competent, and whether there's some sort of "emotional support" permit to allow them to enter the school building
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Argent

Post by Argent »

Emotional Support Wolf for the win.

Edit: Real life service wolf!
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

I still find Daryl (Yellow hat) to be the cutest of the wolves.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CanzetYote wrote:I still find Daryl (Yellow hat) to be the cutest of the wolves.
He is a sweetie. And you can call him that too.

Darth Vader seems to have been part broken by Gale. I wonder if he laid a paw on Pueblo?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmmm…..you know, Frank, maybe wolves in public schools are allowed have "emotional support persons" ….
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

TeflonCougar wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:

As I understand it, the point of the wolf project is to promote human animal integration. Private schools are often seen as elite. Putting the wolf kids in with regular joe kids comes closer to the equality thing the Miltons seek.
It is something I've thought about a lot since Rick brought up the subject. My thinking is that private school is the more likely choice for the simplicity of it. We can worry about equality later. First we got to get the cubs through the doors. King's kids can go to public school. Not to mention they got "acceptance letters." I don't know of any public school that sends out "acceptance letters." Plus public schools are so picky and annoying that I can't see them just allowing feral animals into the classes. Imagine the law suits. For the amount of money it would take to get the cubs pass all the bureaucratic red tape, they could bride any half decent private school.
Plus i think private school would be a better story. Uniforms, snobby rich kids, the classic battle to find one's place in a unfamiliar setting, and of course drama.
NHWestoN wrote:Interesting issue since I don't think we've ever encountered evidence of a public school system, a teacher, or school children in Babylon Gardens. In fact, we rarely see children in Babylon Gardens...
I don't think kids do exist in Babylon Gardens. All these years and the Sandwich's still have not have a kid. There is a strange logic to it. Pets in this world are practically children in the sense that they need all the stimulation like games, toys, allowence, and stuff. Rick said once that the only reason pets don't eat like humans is cost. To afford a pet and a kid would be $$$. I think that's what happened to Joel. Along with the fact that his parents were horrible pet owners, they obviously could not afford a kid and three pets. Pets already call their owners Mom and Dad. I guess to some people they're like "Good enough for me."
There was a scene once that I think explains it. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... gs-change/
Frank wrote: Now you got me wondering what the government is like in the Housepets universe, whether it's bribable, competent, and whether there's some sort of "emotional support" permit to allow them to enter the school building
From what we've seen of the government I don't think they are bribable or competent. To be honest I can't think of any fictional government that is. You're doing pretty good if you live in a world where the government doesn't throw kids into the Hunger games.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eh, here come the after thoughts. :P Indeed, Lucretia, it's better to don't have them. Your sons needed a good roughing, yes, but they grew in the humans civil world... So, haven't to agree with you, Miles. :roll: And now, another of the wolf brothers got caught. :P Eheh, Daryl wants to be funny, but it's nice that at least one of them now wants to go to school. ;) You lost some teeth? Ouch. :( If there are already a lot inside there, well, figure out how many victims there have been before you all. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kids show up very, very rarely and then usually just crowd scenes. The only "child-pet" relation of any consequence is, as Fen noted, Joel's " kidnapping" by his pets. The omission is interesting at least in passing given how many comics and stories have a child-animal pairing at their core.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Babylon Gardens is a kind of special case, remember it was created by Henry Milton as an experimental community for pet owners who are interested in Henry's vision. If there are any kids in the subdivision, they probably go to a regular school. Not every subdivision gets its own high school.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Kids show up very, very rarely and then usually just crowd scenes. The only "child-pet" relation of any consequence is, as Fen noted, Joel's " kidnapping" by his pets. The omission is interesting at least in passing given how many comics and stories have a child-animal pairing at their core.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ut-of-you/

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ill-exist/

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ry-and-44/

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... r-of-eggs/

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ow-breaks/

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -da-bride/

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... nd-humans/

that's all folks.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

fenrirblack wrote: . Not to mention they got "acceptance letters." I don't know of any public school that sends out "acceptance letters."
Fair point.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

But...if they do send out "acceptance letters"... the BG school system may be under the mistaken impression the cubs are humans! Ten years ago, the vet decided to add our last name to our dog's. Ever since, Sophie has gotten mail from stores, businesses, a spa, and a small northwestern college (No scholarship offer, though). Weird...
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Think We'll See Them Again?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:But...if they do send out "acceptance letters"... the BG school system may be under the mistaken impression the cubs are humans!
I wouldn't worry about it.

And you know they mean business. They have the best lawyers available.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, if the Miltons are handling it ....................................................
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

fenrirblack wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:But...if they do send out "acceptance letters"... the BG school system may be under the mistaken impression the cubs are humans!
I wouldn't worry about it.

And you know they mean business. They have the best lawyers available.

Do the wolves have a last name? :o
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

RokukeShiba wrote:Do the wolves have a last name?

Apparently not.