2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Pandooble

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Pandooble »

Aww. They're adorable when they're powerless. It feels good knowing what Pete's punishment is.

With Draig mentioning that it's been a few years since they've been mortalized, I wonder how King's own pups have grown.
I'm great at adding nothing to the conversation :'D
Frank

Post by Frank »

Awwwwwwwwww! More of this, please!

(what, you thought I was going to come with some bisectional semantic analysis on the implications and morality?)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Assuming that these kits are Pete and Dragon, and at this point it's probably safe to say they are, wasn't a condition of their mortal sentence supposed to be that they would have no memory of their divinity?
Argent

Post by Argent »

leinglo wrote:Assuming that these kits are Pete and Dragon, and at this point it's probably safe to say they are, wasn't a condition of their mortal sentence supposed to be that they would have no memory of their divinity?
You didn't read the last strip's discussion on this, did you?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Obbl wrote::lol: "Agony!!!" :lol: This is so well deserved, and so beautiful to behold :lol: I hope we get to see these two occasionally :D
Also, it appears their mom is part of the Opener following, which is kind of an extra cherry on top as Pete will be forced to practice the religion he founded :lol:
I'm sure Pete is totally okay with worshiping himself.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

So we know who Craig and Draig are then...
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Nobody wrote:
Obbl wrote::lol: "Agony!!!" :lol: This is so well deserved, and so beautiful to behold :lol: I hope we get to see these two occasionally :D
Also, it appears their mom is part of the Opener following, which is kind of an extra cherry on top as Pete will be forced to practice the religion he founded :lol:
I'm sure Pete is totally okay with worshiping himself.
Yeah, I think Draig's (I'm just going to use their new names unless directly referring to them during the game) the one who will have a problem with that. :lol:

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Beetle Stew" ... is that a traditional Kix family recipe or just standard fare at "chez Jessique"?
Brighttail

Post by Brighttail »

I seem to remember that Kitsune said something like, "Don't worry kids, they won't remember it," referencing the time spent on Earth as non-immortal beings.

I guess that only means when it is all over (the 60 years) ...they won't remember what had happened, but WHILE they are on Earth in their new found forms, they will remember they are Dragon and Pete.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

That's been discussed in the last thread.

What he meant was that they won't remember the length of their sentence, So they have to live with the uncertainty of mortality.

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

The poor souls, they don't get pop tarts... Beetle stew sounds better than pop tarts to be honest, pop tarts are always dry and taste like card board with some frosting.
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

.... Anand there is a much greater variety of beetles to stew from!
jonas

Post by jonas »

I wonder if they have the exact same voices as they did as cosmic beings (I always kind of imagined Pete sounding like Michael McKean), or if they sound like little kids now. x)
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Okay, so my question is why is the one and only specific thing they're not allowed to remember is that they'll live for 60 years? It seems needlessly trolling, even for them. Could save them a lot of time, effort, and (literally) wasted life if they knew they couldn't succeed.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ah, my friend .... surely more revelations await. Especially around the stew tureen.
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

I'm pretty sure Tarot is going to get involved in this somehow in someway
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

NHWestoN wrote:Ah, my friend .... surely more revelations await. Especially around the stew tureen.
Very true, dood. I hope it wasn't just as simple as "Life and death are unpredictable." Because they might as well have not remembered anything for all the good that does.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

AlecFalk wrote:
Not A Furry wrote:People pointed it out on the discord so I'll point it out here aswell

Draig -> Dragon
Craig -> Pete
Kix -> Kixune
Would it be possible for me to join the discord? I've been trying to see if there was an official Housepets! discord online but had no luck finding out if there was one. Also does anyone else think that the third and fourth panels go along with the 'This human form is limiting' baby picture?
Seconding this question. I found an invite link through Google but it's no longer valid. Is it still open to invites?
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

I really hope Kix is a tamer yet equally eccentric version of Karishad.
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

I know Dragon was a girl, but is Draig a boy? (thought I posted this question before but I guess I didn't)
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Given the art style it can be difficult to tell. I'm going to assume that genders are unchanged unless it's explicitly stated otherwise.

Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

Bandit1990 wrote:Given the art style it can be difficult to tell. I'm going to assume that genders are unchanged unless it's explicitly stated otherwise.
well draig just doesn't come off as girly to me. Also she told him his big sister would be there for him, pretty sure a good way to mess with pete would be make him the oldest and have a little brother that he has to take care of.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

What a charming vixen we have here. :D And so, we meet the fox cubs and their mother, who must be those who live with Jessica in her big home. ;) Well, that vivid imagination of them recalls past memories of two certain demigods, who did a not so clear ending... :? They became really cute, anyway. :D Wut? It's beetle st-eeeeew! :P
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Beautiful strip <3 still two of my all time favourite characters, can't wait to see what evil shenanigans they'll put up this time :D it would be awesome to have two little cute but evil villains ^^ adorable and dangerous at the same time.
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

Pandooble wrote:Aww. They're adorable when they're powerless. It feels good knowing what Pete's punishment is.

With Draig mentioning that it's been a few years since they've been mortalized, I wonder how King's own pups have grown.
keep in mind the hole time meaningless thing with them, they could have been sent back to before the game concluded to be 'born'

Also they could be saying animal years. like how they say human year is 7 dog years and such.

Anyway I kinda have a sneaking suspicion that these two are only part of dragon and pete. after all multiple people were dragon in the 4 legger world. and kitsune said 60 mortal years. animals dont live that long except for mabie turtles and such. and he didnt exactly specify that all 60 years had to be spent in one body. their souls could have been split up between various critters and I kinda suspect part of their souls are in Cori and Trinket too.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cory and Trinket? Okay, that's interesting...where'd you get that idea? :?:
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Arvetis wrote:
AlecFalk wrote:
Not A Furry wrote:People pointed it out on the discord so I'll point it out here aswell

Draig -> Dragon
Craig -> Pete
Kix -> Kixune
Would it be possible for me to join the discord? I've been trying to see if there was an official Housepets! discord online but had no luck finding out if there was one. Also does anyone else think that the third and fourth panels go along with the 'This human form is limiting' baby picture?
Seconding this question. I found an invite link through Google but it's no longer valid. Is it still open to invites?
https://discord.gg/HdY5EM It should probably have its own post
Pandooble

Post by Pandooble »

KathYohneke wrote:
Pandooble wrote:Aww. They're adorable when they're powerless. It feels good knowing what Pete's punishment is.

keep in mind the hole time meaningless thing with them, they could have been sent back to before the game concluded to be 'born'

Also they could be saying animal years. like how they say human year is 7 dog years and such.

Anyway I kinda have a sneaking suspicion that these two are only part of dragon and pete. after all multiple people were dragon in the 4 legger world. and kitsune said 60 mortal years. animals dont live that long except for mabie turtles and such. and he didnt exactly specify that all 60 years had to be spent in one body. their souls could have been split up between various critters and I kinda suspect part of their souls are in Cori and Trinket too.
When Breel is talking about incarnating in "A Life Well-Lived," he mentions that he'll be around for around 40-50 years, so I'm guessing that those numbers are the normal life span. Idk, I'm just guessing lol.
I'm great at adding nothing to the conversation :'D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, they're doing a sixty year hitch in the Terrestrial arena so you're likely correct, Pandooble. Can we figure out when this threesome showed up at Jessica's door?
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

I thought Pete and Dragon would've been reincarnated as a bird and a snake or a lizard, while being adopted brother and sister...
But Kitsune reincarnating them both as his own kind, this looks like a "trollish" idea he would have ^^ Plus, that way they're both actually reborn as brother and sister by blood once again.
So I guess it works ^^
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

Pandooble wrote:
KathYohneke wrote:

When Breel is talking about incarnating in "A Life Well-Lived," he mentions that he'll be around for around 40-50 years, so I'm guessing that those numbers are the normal life span. Idk, I'm just guessing lol.
could be 40-50 in ferret years. remember a certain other ferret was worried about not being around long enough to see animals be equal to humans so he wanted to take the shortcut.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Obbl wrote:Also, it appears their mom is part of the Opener following, which is kind of an extra cherry on top as Pete will be forced to practice the religion he founded :lol:
Hahaha! Yeah.
The "sacred rubble pile" part is plain hilarious, too.
Gbr23 wrote:I bet there are 3 corgi-malamute pups whom Craig and Draig would be really good friends of
Muahahahaha!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Ryusuta wrote:Okay, so my question is why is the one and only specific thing they're not allowed to remember is that they'll live for 60 years? It seems needlessly trolling, even for them. Could save them a lot of time, effort, and (literally) wasted life if they knew they couldn't succeed.
Oh ye of little faith, Kitsune has it all under control.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Why, then, am I not reassured ..... ?
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

I agree with WestoN. This somehow does not comfort me.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Anyone else read Craig's parts in the last panel in the voice of Stewie Griffin from Family Guy?
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

Sadly I did...
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

*Big picture of Pete shown onn Facebook*

Girl: Why can't I meet cute boys like this one?

Craig: Hey.

Girl: No.

Craig: I'm literally the guy in the pic.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Chinchilociraptor

Post by Chinchilociraptor »

Hmm... I don't think kitsune is the mom, but I wouldn't doubt that kitsune is somehow linked to ALL foxes so he knows what they're up to or can use them as agents of his will. Easy enough to know what Pete/Dragon (craig/draig) are up to without them knowing if there's a link, easy enough as well to send the mother to fetch them and then feed them something they hate (for the lulz).
NathanielKing

Post by NathanielKing »

I can't find words to express my immense joy about more foxes in housepets. <3

Looking forward to see where this bunch of rascals is gonna take us. >:3