2018/04/27 - Telltale Fox

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Champion Wallace

Re: 2018/04/27 - Telltale Fox

Post by Champion Wallace »

leinglo wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:I think Steward watched HGTV as a human and decided the treehouse would be a good place to go as a badger. I wonder what's preventing him from living in whatever house he had as a human.
Probably the same thing that prevents King from reclaiming any of his human property. You can't exactly walk up and go "excuse me, but I used to be human and I own this. I was magically turned into an animal by a griifin demigod."
King had Pete dictating exactly where he could and couldn't go. If Pete wouldn't let him go to the indoor bathroom, I doubt he would've let him go to his old house to get his stuff. If Steward lived alone then there would be no one to convince he used to be human. I suppose it's possible that after they didn't find Steward the police seized his house in case he tried to come back. While they likely wouldn't recognize him in Badger form despite his paranoia, as you say they also likely wouldn't grant him access even if he has the key to the house.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

There's also the possibility that Steward was living in the mansion.

Edit: We know he was, he was in the process of packing a suitcase when Thomas confronted him.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Champion Wallace wrote:King had Pete dictating exactly where he could and couldn't go. If Pete wouldn't let him go to the indoor bathroom, I doubt he would've let him go to his old house to get his stuff.
Except King was only under Pete's direct control for a short time, and was free of it well before he'd resolved to completely abandon his old life. The only thing stopping him from going back and reclaiming even just a handful of personal items was basically that, as an unfamiliar animal, he would've been stopped. And that's as a domestic corgi. Steward's a badger, a wild animal. You remember the effect the wolves had when they first showed up in town. If Steward so much as showed up in his own front yard animal control would probably tackle him.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

So this means either Rick is going to make an gender and species swap self-insert into the comic... OOOOR...

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Poor Jessica....
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

It is likely that Steward can't get back into his old place, if he kept one while staying at the mansion. If he had keys they would have been in his pockets, which he no longer has. The keys are in some kind of Phantom Zone until he is restored.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Not A Furry wrote:OOOOR...

As great as that image is, there really hasn't been time.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

"Hi, I'm Bob Voila. Welcome to my old house. This is week 4 for this house in Stansbury, CT. Right now I've got half a mind to go check on Bill Vernuz, whose working in the beautiful old basement."

Free cookies to anyone who gets this reference.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Nobody wrote:As great as that image is, there really hasn't been time.
Also, barring the revealed existence of a Housepets Hercules or Kratos or something, I'm pretty sure that celestial/mortal offspring aren't possible.
Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

leinglo wrote:
Nobody wrote:As great as that image is, there really hasn't been time.
Also, barring the revealed existence of a Housepets Hercules or Kratos or something, I'm pretty sure that celestial/mortal offspring aren't possible.
I think I would sell my soul to see a housepets! version of Kratos.
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true?
Champion Wallace

Frank wrote:So Steward's going to take Karishad's old room... wit Karishad's stuff still in it? This'll be fun
Karishad hasn't been living there very long. I would guess Kari moved into the basement originally and Jesica just hadn't yet gone into the room she thought Kari claimed as that would be weird.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Frank wrote:So Steward's going to take Karishad's old room... wit Karishad's stuff still in it? This'll be fun
Karishad hasn't been living there very long. I would guess Kari moved into the basement originally and Jesica just hadn't yet gone into the room she thought Kari claimed as that would be weird.
Karishad BUILT the place. For all we know, he never stopped.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

That makes me think, what if [the cubs are] *gasp* Pete and Dragon?
I think Jessica just arranged a spot for him but he already had the basement.
Imagine if Steward ran into them! Then if Thomas and King showed up, the space-time continuum might split apart out of sheer celestial power! (I know three of them were merely transformed by celestials, but... SHUT UP!)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Y'know, it strikes me as strange. A lot of people used to get frustrated when Pete and Dragon turned up, talking of how their plot never ended. Now, whenever a new character is mentioned, the comments immediately go "They're Pete and Dragon! OMG, Pete and Dragon could be back! Wouldn't it be great if they're Pete and Dragon?"

I'd much prefer new characters to be just that. New. Pete and Dragon's story is done. My thought is it should remain so.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As they say at Meeting, Welsh, "you speak my mind."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Y'know, it strikes me as strange. A lot of people used to get frustrated when Pete and Dragon turned up, talking of how their plot never ended. Now, whenever a new character is mentioned, the comments immediately go "They're Pete and Dragon! OMG, Pete and Dragon could be back! Wouldn't it be great if they're Pete and Dragon?"

I'd much prefer new characters to be just that. New. Pete and Dragon's story is done. My thought is it should remain so.
Design-wise, they are not bad. Though i was hoping they would be more like Genies when first introduced. Trying to play games with people's lives seemed like a big stretch. At least King got something out of it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Must sharing your reflections, Cobra ... The "Pete and Dragon" arcs fit into an ancient literary and philosophical theme - that we mortals are at the mercy of powers and forces that are (a) sentient, (b) extremely powerful if not omnipotent, (c) are themselves answerable to higher powers (Kitsune, Bahamut, fate...), and (d) capricious and somewhat incompetent. We are told, for example, that "Sasha is protected". Pete mentions this to King off-handedly, leaving lots of questions unanswered ... and they still aren't.

Rick injects into this theme another debate ... The question of free will. The story ends with King and the gang crashing the game by refusing to cooperate and, despite all their powers, Pete and Dragon cannot "make" them. King and his crew are not Job, although they too don't get an answer to the "why me?" Question. They don't even get a vision of the Mind if God as Job is granted. They do get - thanks to Kitsune - various mortal "prizes" and that certainly works as a satisfying ending; Pete and Dragon get "punished" by having to do a hitch as mortals and Pete is also moved to apologize tearfully to his "victims".

Sooooo .... having played their roles, I can't see much fun or lesson-telling in bringing them back. The Housepets stable seems to be a little crowded as it is.

But, it's Rick's world; I'm just a guest here so let's see what's in Jessica's basement....

Regards.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

NHWestoN wrote:. . . so let's see what's in Jessica's basement.
Yes, we'd all like to see what's in Jessica's basement. Especially Jessica.

Any bets that the next page cuts back to the main characters and we don't get to see what's in the basement for several months? :P
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Y'know, it strikes me as strange. A lot of people used to get frustrated when Pete and Dragon turned up, talking of how their plot never ended. Now, whenever a new character is mentioned, the comments immediately go "They're Pete and Dragon! OMG, Pete and Dragon could be back! Wouldn't it be great if they're Pete and Dragon?"

So it will remain a mystery who they were reincarnated as? I know they most likely won’t retain their memories as celestials, but isn’t this the same as killing off characters?
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

vulpinator wrote:

So it will remain a mystery who they were reincarnated as? I know they most likely won’t retain their memories as celestials, but isn’t this the same as killing off characters?
I would like to see them come back, even if they were just around for a single page or arc. I'm curious to see what happened to them, they were interesting characters and it would be a shame if they were never brought up again.
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'd like to see them return as well, but that would require some form of loophole abuse at this point. I am saddened a bit that they're at the moment/permanently gone, as we were seeing some interesting development in them as they went into mortality.

Also, it's unlikely that they'd be reincarnated as the fox kits, or the other animals we're used to. Their sentence was a minimum of 60 years, and the pets we've seen don't live that long. I believe last I heard, under the best circumstances the pets would live up to 40. An extra 20 is quite a stretch, though admittedly probably not impossible.

It would have to be a long-lived species, human being the most obvious candidate, but other species could reach that under the best circumstances. Heck, they could be sea turtles, those could reach past a century.

As with 5000 BC, we're probably only going to get flashbacks. Unless Rick feels like a flash-forward piece as a one-off, as that would be a pretty weird choice at all, much less an arc.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Also, if Pete and Dragon are reborn as mortals without their celestial memories, what indication would we have that it's them, even if we did encounter them? The only clue I can think of would be to make their colors of green and blue carry on into their new forms. We've already got a purple cat, so it wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibility.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Parrots. They live a long time.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Orange turtles?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Who ever said they had to be animals? It would make more sense, considering wording, for them to be humans.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not sure what "wording" you're considering, but you have a point, NAF. Pete did make a very dashing Welshman.
Panther

Post by Panther »

I have to say it : to be Kitsune avatar (or sort of) , it seems that Karishad is a simple mind ^_^"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, Panther. Seems a number of the gang see Karishad as Kitsune's avatar or some other psychic link between the two foxys. I'm pretty obtuse about these things but I just don't see any connection beyond a shared fondness for mischief.

Rick may pop such a link on us later but, if he does, he's buried any hints of such ties too deep for my intuition to detect. I think he pretty much frayed the avatar thread with Pete and Dragon.

Regards.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

All that's known on the Kari/Kitsi situation is that they know each other and seem to be friendly. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/2014/09/15/fuzzy/
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Guys, guys, guys. I think it is obvious where ete and Dragon ended up. They were made mortal just before Bailey announced her pregnancy. One of the pups already showed they could take apart a door knob without tools so has advanced intellect or abilities. Two of the three pups are the Celestials. No one has ever said, at least I don't recall, how long a "pet" lives. Since they have human mannerisms they could possibly have longer lives than the pets we have in our world.

With Kitsune's sense of humor, Pete being born to King as a son and Dragon his daughter isn't unthinkable.

It is absurd.

This is not to be taken seriously. I don't think they're King's kids.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Kitsune himself debunked that. He said he thought it would be funny, but it wouldn't be fair to Bailey.

Would have been an interesting scenario, regardless.

And it's been stated that Kitsune never had an avatar. We know both he and Karishad are incredibly friendly, so that wave is easily figured out.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Panther

Post by Panther »

TeflonCougar wrote:Guys, guys, guys. I think it is obvious where ete and Dragon ended up.
Oh yes , i would enjoy an arc about Dragon and Pete's "mortal life"
Argent

Post by Argent »

TeflonCougar wrote:No one has ever said, at least I don't recall, how long a "pet" lives.
Sabrina d'Angelo wrote:I may have neglected to mention beforehand: most animals in our world have significantly longer lifespans and smaller litter numbers than in your own. It’s still not the length of a human lifespan for most—elephants still only live about eighty years, and most ungulates still hover around forty and approach fifty, but dogs and cats also live up to forty years, though in the wild that number is often closer to fifteen. On average, anyway.
http://web.archive.org/web/201512110944 ... can-nomad/

(wayback machine link because the new website has apparently moved it)
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Arcs with mortal Pete and Dragon as supporting characters could get really wild, especially if they're paired with the right leads .... say, Pete and "Four Finger Discount Jack" and a couple of the other resident con-artists. Dragon might serve as an adviser to Duchess and Bino. Not my call, though.
Champion Wallace

NHWestoN wrote:....We also know that the power to detect the original form of someone magically shape-shifted exists. Tarot, for example, rebuffed King's flirtations when she realized he was actually Joel ("I don't care humans"). Kari might have or channel that power.
I think it's more likely you can't tell with magic(k) and Spirit Dragon earlier told Tarot something like "Just so you know, I saw Pete is finally working on getting an avatar. He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named King he transformed a human into and he's moved into your area."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Quite plausible, Champ...my knowledge of magic or magic(k)s is miniscule.