Jump the Shark

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Jump the Shark

Post by NHWestoN »

The success of Duchess in her new arc leads to her marriage to Bino, thereby transforming Housepets into a garrish blend of "Maggie and Jiggs: Bringing up Father" and "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

NHWestoN wrote:The success of Duchess in her new arc leads to her marriage to Bino, thereby transforming Housepets into a garrish blend of "Maggie and Jiggs: Bringing up Father" and "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous."
well, considering it's duchess we're talking about and purebred dogs can have an unhealthily narrow gene-pool...

"Lifestyles of the Spoiled and Possibly Inbred?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Okay ... That's genuinely alarming !!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

The apocalypse begins! Everybody dies and Housepets! becomes Heavenpets! where everyone must adapt to life in the Land of Eternal Candy!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

That would get boring very quickly.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Orrrrrrrrrr....... Good-bye PG rating!
Gael

Post by Gael »

An arc where everyone talks about things happening but nothing ACTUALLY happens, all for the sake of "Subverting audience expectation" or something
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gael wrote:An arc where everyone talks about things happening but nothing ACTUALLY happens, all for the sake of "Subverting audience expectation" or something
which turn out to have been a live reenactment of something Max wrote after noticing that both Res and Peanut whom grape is close with have literary skills and his inadequacy issue a rear up again.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote:
Gael wrote:An arc where everyone talks about things happening but nothing ACTUALLY happens, all for the sake of "Subverting audience expectation" or something
which turn out to have been a live reenactment of something Max wrote after noticing that both Res and Peanut whom grape is close with have literary skills and his inadequacy issue a rear up again.
Which then turns out to be a dream by one of Max's ancestors, as was the rest of the comic up until this point as it is revealed that everything up until that point was a vision of the future, given to everybody's ancestors by the Great Kitsune and the real comic was meant to take place in Satau's time period.........did I do good at jumping the shark?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Peanut belongs to the Borg.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gael wrote:
Buster wrote:
Which then turns out to be a dream by one of Max's ancestors, as was the rest of the comic up until this point as it is revealed that everything up until that point was a vision of the future, given to everybody's ancestors by the Great Kitsune and the real comic was meant to take place in Satau's time period.........did I do good at jumping the shark?
needs more squandered potential. throw in a few misaimed refrences and an unfitting cameo and we're good.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: needs more squandered potential. throw in a few misaimed refrences and an unfitting cameo and we're good.
Can Stan Lee work as both?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yeah, if we put him in a superman costume.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Super, man!
Gael

Post by Gael »

Alternatively, after this arc just scrap Babylon Gardens entirely and get all the new characters, locations and arcs from some dude's Mary Sue self insert fanfiction, if such a thing doesn't exist just do what kingdom hearts does and completely make up the stories as you go along, using prequel arcs to tie up loose ends caused by writing like this and then leave an arc on a cliffhanger for 10 years and leave the comic on a permanent Guest Week and why is this turning into me calling out Kingdom Hearts
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Somewhere in there, Gael, is probably why i lost interest in Kingdom Hearts but I could be wrong...