Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Post by Douglas Collier »

I keep losing connection whenever I try to log in.
I’ve already turned the chunk render distance to minimum (2 chunks), and I know it’s not connection speed - I have Google Fiber. I’m wondering if it’s server related?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

if it was on the server end, wouldn't the rest of us be hitting that problem too though? even if I unhook Optifine I can still run at 'extreme' render distance just fine, Yellowcrash was on with me earlier, and we managed to get Silver's connection working a while ago by halfing their render distance. Silver and i were on when you were trying to log in.

that's two people online today without issues and one with a viable workaround. general server problems seem unlikely... maybe it's a bad chunk? what were your last known coordinates? I was able to rule that out with silver cause i could see the character model spawn every time login was atempted, a bad chunk would have effected me too, but i never did see where you were spawning...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

My username is somejolty if anyone would like to add me to the whitelist. If not, that's fine.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Douglas Collier

I haven’t been on in a long time - probably not since 1.8 :?
Not sure where I am.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

there's been a LOT of construction, and a few inventory changes... maybe you've got a corrupted item or are in an invalid location?

maybe if Invisan backed up your character file, and reset the original...

i dunno, i'm grasping at straws.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Douglas Collier

I wouldn’t mind losing my inventory if it means I can play on the server again.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Jolty-Kun wrote:My username is somejolty if anyone would like to add me to the whitelist. If not, that's fine.
As a friendly note, this is a very passive aggressive way of making an otherwise perfectly reasonable request. If you want to join, then say you want to join, and ask to be added :D
dusk

Post by dusk »

The reason I phrased it the way I did was because sometimes people are busy, and I respect that. I didn't know exactly who was on, or what was going on at the moment, so I was fine if I didn't get added right away, or at all due to whatever issues the server may be having. I wasn't trying to be threatening, just making a request. But whatever, I'll make sure not to in the future.

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

According to the Serverlogs he is losing the connection. Dunno why though.
Douglas Collier wrote:I wouldn’t mind losing my inventory if it means I can play on the server again.
Backuped your file. Try again.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Douglas Collier

I still can’t get in. It is still on version 1.12.2, right?

EDIT: I restarted my computer, and on my Minecraft Launcher, there was a little message that said “The login server is down” with a frown face. Maybe this is related to my problem? It seems to be gone now, but still...

Also, I now occasionally get a message showing the movement controls whenever I try to log in.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So... i watched you fail to log in like eight times tonight...
Looks like Plan C didn't work...

anybody got a Plan D? cause i'm out of ideas.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sounds like you are just having trouble downloading maps from the server. Does it happen on other servers or just the Housepets one?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

I have been having trouble with another server I’m on. But I’m usually able to log in, at least for a little bit, before it kicks me. It takes forever for the terrain to load, and I’m basically a ghost (can’t permanently interact with objects), and usually kicks me soon after it loads. I get the same “Connection Lost”, but the message it gives me for that server is “Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host”.

It occasionally works when my friend reboots the server.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

are you behind a vpn or proxy of any kind? if so, is there any difference between it being on or off?
Same for firewalls and anti-intrusion software.
Douglas Collier

I might have a blocker on that’s messing with it, but I can’t be sure.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, the problem you're having (stuck at loading terrain) is usually the result of running out of memory before the world can finish loading, which is why reducing the render distance usually works. less memory being eaten up by buffered chunks. if it happens in single player you'll actually get an out of memory error when the world crashes, but this being multiplayer it just disconnects instead.
barring it trying to load something invalid/unloadable, which you just eliminated, reducing the strain on the clientprogram is usually enough.

so if we assume they've got enough memory to load, and nothing's invalid or corrupt, then what else does it leave besides the data getting stopped before it gets from server to client?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Just to be on the safe side, try a cleanboot. It safely disables all of your apps and start-up apps on the PC. This helps find out if it's the PC.

type in msconfig in your search box on the computer to bring up System Configuration. You'll then see Normal and Selective Start-up. Check Selective Start-up and uncheck "Load start-up items". Then go to the services tab and check "hide all microsoft services". After that, hit the button that says "Disable all". save the changes and reboot the PC and then try Minecraft. If it works fine afterwards, you got something blocking the game. After you are done testing, make sure you check Normal start-up again once you are finished. (unless you wanna leave it this way to play the game, that's fine.)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Spiders always kill me because they always take advantage of the lag I have :x (It's like they stop mid-air without any hitbox and then they literally oliberate me the next time they move [Taking out all of my hearts at ONCE] )

Also, ¿does anyone have any maps of the last time I died? :|
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

can you find anything familiar on the big map i posted (click to enlarge)
dusk

Post by dusk »

I probably should go to the library this weekend, I may be able to see if I can log on to play....

*Russian Intensifies*
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

tsMKG wrote:Spiders always kill me because they always take advantage of the lag I have :x (It's like they stop mid-air without any hitbox and then they literally oliberate me the next time they move [Taking out all of my hearts at ONCE] )

Also, ¿does anyone have any maps of the last time I died? :|
I have lag with mobs too, I find it helpful to have a shield and wait for a "THUNK" noise, then slice them
Allons-y
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

this is why a bow is a FAR better weapon than a sword in multiplayer. kill em while they're still idle and stationary a safe distance away.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Okay, I found the cave I was exploring, pot torches on the outside part to indentify them and also explored some other caves.

Also, in some case, you don't have too many arrows (I've wasted all my five arrows killing a creeper).

I should start to find where do chickens live (And how to get feathers instead of eggs if possible) :geek:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

chickens drop eggs randomly while alive, not from being killed. they drop feathers and meat when you kill them. you can feed them seeds to breed more.
once you have four or five arrows, start hunting skeletons. you'll accumulate arrows WAY faster from hem than by making them.
also always draw the bow string all the way back (takes about 3sec.) so you'll do max damage.
20dka

Post by 20dka »

Hey everybody! I'm new to this forum but have been a reader for 2 years now and I just noticed this server! Is it running? I can't seem to join it using the IP.
Do I need an original copy of MC to join? If so please whitelist Asdolok.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

20dka wrote:Hey everybody! I'm new to this forum but have been a reader for 2 years now and I just noticed this server! Is it running? I can't seem to join it using the IP.
Do I need an original copy of MC to join? If so please whitelist Asdolok.
You need to be whitelisted, give your username and someone will add you
Allons-y
Douglas Collier

Thanks for the advice, GC! I’m officially back on the server. Starting a new castle on the big grassland island just south of the southwest savanna. (Donations of cobblestone would be appreciated).
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Thanks for the advice, GC! I’m officially back on the server. Starting a new castle on the big grassland island just south of the southwest savanna. (Donations of cobblestone would be appreciated).
Nice! See you in a week or so :)
Allons-y
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I am once again surprised and impressed to see that this is still active. How's it goin' by the way? Who was in charge of the whitelist?
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Me and Render are OPs and Invisan is the server admin currently.
I think there were one or two other OPs but I can't remember who they were now, sorry.

Jolty and 20dka, you're both added. Sorry for the delay.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Now that the server has been brought to my attention then, I've added a minepets text and voicechat to the Semi-Official Housepets! discord. Feel free to stop on by if you wanna chat with other HP fans while you play, or talk about the server and post screen shots!

The SOHP Server
ImageImageImageImage
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I just got Minecraft and I'd like to join the server. My username is CyberDragon_614.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Eyo, looking to be whitelisted. My MC name is Raioes.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Done and Done.

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Could i be whitelisted? My username is "biddyfox", like on here.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Done. Welcome to the server!

Remember no griefing, no building too close to anyone else, and follow the forum rules on the server. ^^

Have fun!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Aaaand no cheating vor trying to use Blocks which are none vanilla. ;)

Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Invisan wrote:or trying to use Blocks which are none vanilla. ;)
how would you manage to do that lol
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Command injection mods to create 'glitched' blocks mostly.
unless theres a method vis is aware of that i'm not.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

If i remember correctly there are or were tools available which let you add blocks of your choosing to your inventory.
Dunno if that was in local mode only but im quite sure this can be done online as well.