Code: Select all

-Option 1: 
 +Bravo very likely takes heavy damage
 +Bravo very likely loses his grip on echo
   +Echo manages to grab onto something and not fall
     +Drops Charlie
     +Doesn't drop Charlie
   +Echo falls to the river
     +Both Charlie and Echo die (I don't think Chaoko would do this)
     +They manage to stay afloat
       +Bravo follows, either damaged or not
       +Bravo doesn't follow, the party is split and we can't control all of them. Bravo is likely to receive even more damage or throw the monster into the river, which might come back to bite Echo's and Charlie's butts
 +Bravo doesn't lose his grip on echo
    +Echo drops Charlie
       +They jump to try and rescue hi m
    +Echo doesn't drop Charlie
       +Doesn't manage to pull him back up and either falls or stays put while Bravo takes more damage or manages to throw the monster into the river
       +Manages to pull him back up
         +Battle · · · · · · 
-Option 2:
 +Bravo drops Echo and he might or mightn't fall into the river
 +Bravo doesn't drop Echo and manages to dodge 
 +Bravo doesn't drop Echo but doesn't manage to dodge, taking heavy damage and dropping or not Echo afterwards
 +Echo warns him to jump into the river because of the monster (yell "MONSTER! JUMP INTO THE RIVER" for abbreviation)
   +He doesn't, takes heavy damage and either drops or doesn't drop echo
   +He does
     +They manage to stay afloat together until they reach the shore
     +They don't manage to stay afloat together, making it so that they have to find eachother when they wash ashore
    * The monster might follow
Option 3:
+Echo most likely takes heavy damage
+Echo doesn't drop Charlie
  +Echo manages to get him up
  +He doesn't, prolonging the fight
+Echo drops Charlie, he either has to follow or say goodbye

________
I say warn Bravo about the monster and to jump into the river with them, they're less likely to take real damage that way. Maybe get some hypothermia but that's all
Saturn381

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going with warning Bravo.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Warn Bravo to jump in the river with them and pray that a merciful being will keep them alive and together in the river and beyond. (Is CHAOKO such a being? ;^^; )
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Not A Furry wrote:I say warn Bravo about the monster and to jump into the river with them, they're less likely to take real damage that way. Maybe get some hypothermia but that's all
Hypothermia is actually very dangerous, but I think they're at less risk than, say, a human.

I agree with this course of action; if they all huddle together, they're less likely to drown, though they'd probably get some bumps and scrapes. The current seems somewhat fast; perhaps the monster would be unable to keep up.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
bober5

Post by bober5 »

I agree with Douglass, the monster is more dangerous than the river (well, depending if it has stones on it, or if they get drowned, but I think it's better to pray for some luck in the river than being attacked by that huge monster)
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I'll also go with warning Bravo to jump into the river for the reasons that were already said.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Image
That wasn't what I thought would happen...

Too bad there's no IMPROVISE and chaining... Otherwise I'd say "switch to ??? and pull them up".

I wonder how Echo should get in the way of anything while he's hanging in between his two brothers. He can't move pretty far.

I'm voting for 1 continue to pull up Charlie. We either need all of them OUT of the water, or maybe all in and then out somewhere down the stream.

And I still want to know who ??? is...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Not A Furry wrote:I say warn Bravo about the monster and to jump into the river with them, they're less likely to take real damage that way. Maybe get some hypothermia but that's all
Saturn381 wrote:I'm going with warning Bravo.
Douglas Collier wrote:Warn Bravo to jump in the river with them and pray that a merciful being will keep them alive and together in the river and beyond. (Is CHAOKO such a being? ;^^; )
Naro Rivers wrote:
Hypothermia is actually very dangerous, but I think they're at less risk than, say, a human.

I agree with this course of action; if they all huddle together, they're less likely to drown, though they'd probably get some bumps and scrapes. The current seems somewhat fast; perhaps the monster would be unable to keep up.
bober5 wrote:I agree with Douglass, the monster is more dangerous than the river (well, depending if it has stones on it, or if they get drowned, but I think it's better to pray for some luck in the river than being attacked by that huge monster)
HellishK9 wrote:I'll also go with warning Bravo to jump into the river for the reasons that were already said.
I don't expect you to be quick with your decision. There's no tricks or traps this time. This is exactly as it is described. This will determine the course of the rest of the game. Nothing is set in stone, not yet...
---------------------------------------------------

Echo: BRAVO! THE RIVER! JUMP IN THE RIVER! ITS STILL HERE!

Bravo: WHAT?! WHY?! WHAT'S STILL--

Bravo, out of curiosity, looks around the river to see what Echo is talking about. It is at this moment he notices a sound he hadn't noticed before, but now that he has heard it, he's sure it has always been there. He turns around to face the foe he had encountered along the way. In his panic to save Charlie, he hadn't considered it might come back for him and him alone. To his disliking, he had come to another realization, one that had left him paralyzed, in disbelief at himself and what was happening. All in this one moment, he began to process it all at once, and all he could do is regret...

Echo: BRAVO! BRAVO!!!

Luckily, this warning allowed him to prepare for the worst, he braced himself as much as he could, covering his face in both fear and stubborness as to what he knew might unfold. Even still, the power of the beast was too overwhelming for him to take, and was sent crashing into a nearby tree. He was in incredible pain, he could hardly move, this was a feeling he'd never experienced before. But deep down this was nothing compared to what was going on. No matter how awful he was feeling, there was no way he was going to let this thing torment his family, they aren't safe yet. If he was going down, he wasn't down until this thing was done for...

BRAVO IS ENRAGED.

ImageImageImageImage

"You've done it again", Charlie thought to himself. "You've gone and made a mess of things, you put yourself in harms way just to prove a point, and now your brothers are paying the price for it." Of all the slip ups Charlie has made, there has never been one this severe. He only wanted to prove he could be helpful, that he could be independant, that he could hold his own. He wanted to be good and strong, just like his brothers. He wondered why any of them were even doing this, what reason could they possibly have to risk their lives for someone as worthless as him, perhaps it would have been best to just do as his parents wished and just leave them all behind...

...but, at that moment, that question had begun to ring through his head, over and over. Why WERE they saving him? He knew of them to have good judgement, he could trust their decisions. Everything they did was for a reason, as reserved or rash they may be at times. Why did he have any reason to doubt them? Why is he doubting them? Why is he putting them through this?! This isn't something they'd do out of simple obligation, they cared about him, they wanted him with him, all faults accounted for. Dinner proved that more than anything, if he were to leave, they'd be heart broken. They'd be more hurt than anything he could do to them, they'd never leave him behind, they'd always be there for him!

Although... it seems that might no longer be an option for him. Bravo is standing face to face with some huge terrifying monster, and Echo is slowly falling head first into the same River he was in in. They don't understand the danger they're in... but he did. Neither Bravo or Echo can swim, but he's been practicing a little. If anyone were to fall in, well... maybe you'd survive. But, the rocks, the debris, the dibs, would that even matter? But, if you let go, as tough as that thing is, there's a chance the two of them could at least hold it off, but there's no way Bravo could fight that thing alone.Surely Mom and Dad know what's going on by now, right? They must have told them. They gotta be comming!...right?

You want to be there for them, you want to make them happy, but is it right to risk their lives at your expense?... No, you're not risking their lives... they're doing this for you. This was their choice, you know they have something planned, you know they did the right thing. You know they can save you. You trust them... but how much is trust worth in a situation like this?

There's no more time to think... you know whats right... they know what's right. You love them. They love you. You can't do this to them. You have to do this for them.

Charlie: I have to do this... it's for them...

1) Let go.
2) Don't let go.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Charlie is in too poor condition to survive the river. Bravo is severely poorly equipped to fight the bear. Echo can't swim, and as mentioned, Charlie can't support them. We have no back-up. If any fall, chances are strong that we'll lose them, permanently.

But I'll be ****** if we stop now. We came too far for him, and I intend to go home with all three, even if we're limping and half-blind. And if that's too much to ask, then at least save the one we came for.

My choice; Don't Let Go .

We can change fate.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I'll try to be logical.
It looks like they're all dead if he continues to dangle there since it'll pull Echo into the water and leave Bravo with the beast.
Letting go might give them the greatest chance at survival, no matter how much it'll hurt them.
Unless some character suddenly pops up to help (could we have that?), I think the best thing to do would be to Let Go.
It's slim, but Charlie might be able to survive the river or find some inner strength to pull himself up later on
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I was gonna go with option 2, but after some time thinking.... I'm going with option 1.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

...I don't know what to do. I honestly don't see a way to save all three.

If Charlie lets go, Echo and Bravo are left with the beast and only Echo is in good health right now. Charlie is most likely too weak from exhaustion to avoid the river's hazards, so we lose him, and I don't think Echo and Bravo actually can hold the monster off, and even if they run, Bravo undoubtedly has back problems at the moment, so we may lose one or both of them in whole or part.

If Charlie holds on, Echo is still prone holding him and can't do anything about the monster, leaving Bravo to fight it alone, and he's low on health. So we lose him, most likely. After he's out of the way,
even if it did only come for him, what's to stop it from stepping on Echo? If that happens, we lose both of them because Echo can't hold on if he's crushed.

Unless Echo and/or Charlie gets an adrenaline-fueled burst of strength, I don't see Charlie getting out of the river this turn.

...As much as I want Charlie to hold on so we have even a shred of a chance to save all three, I'll wait until there are more responses to make a decision; perhaps someone else is better at risk assessment.

Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

... let go
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

DONT. YOU. DARE.

all or nothing, together or not at all.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Jokes aside, ----> LET GO <----
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

It looks like Charlie can't hold on much longer anyway, so soon the decision will be not ours anymore and it'll happen anyway... To let go now saves a bit of strength that may be useful in the river for trying to get out somewhere. I don't really want that, but it may be the best to Let Go.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Render wrote:It looks like Charlie can't hold on much longer anyway, so soon the decision will be not ours anymore and it'll happen anyway... To let go now saves a bit of strength that may be useful in the river for trying to get out somewhere. I don't really want that, but it may be the best to Let Go.
This is not a false choice, I'm being straight forward. You are actually choosing this. You either change history or it stays the same.
As I said earlier: There's no tricks, traps, or loopholes to this one. Your choices have narrowed down. You are staring at 2 possible endings and know (or could probably guess) which one does what.
I thought it would be kind of a jerk move to not explain the situation as much as I can without spoiling anything completely, you'd all have swayed heavily to one side or another. ^^;
ImageImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

If he lets go, he dies for sure. If he holds on who knows what could happen.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
bober5

Post by bober5 »

This time it is hard to select one of the two options :cry:

If we go with Don't let go, the monster could attack Echo, making him to fall with Charlie/ making charlie to fall, something that seems like won't happen since the monster is facing Bravo, but it can happen anyway, and since Charlie is exhausted, he would end dying by all the obstacles in the river if we let him go.

So I'm going with Don't let go (I could change it since I'm not sure of it :? )
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh dog. Each choice has an uncomfortably high chance of death. And there’s no improvise......... DON’T LET GO.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:This is not a false choice, I'm being straight forward. You are actually choosing this. You either change history or it stays the same.
Yeah....
I think the only chance to change history is to let go and use the little bit what's left of the strength to try to get out of the water somewhere.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Don't let go!! There's still hope
Douglas Collier

Cerberus didn’t pick up two ghost puppies on the side of that river - if Charlie lets go, fate will almost certainly repeat; I say hold on. But gosh darn it, Bravo, jump on the thing’s back and bite down, HARD! Paralyze that beast fom the neck down!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Douglas Collier wrote:Cerberus didn’t pick up two ghost puppies on the side of that river - if Charlie lets go, fate will almost certainly repeat; I say hold on. But gosh darn it, Bravo, jump on the thing’s back and bite down, HARD! Paralyze that beast fom the neck down!
That's the comic's canon, but not necessarily the game's canon. The game could veer off into an alternate universe of the comic, in more ways than one.

Also, Bravo is a puppy and badly injured. He undoubtedly has back/spinal damage, maybe even a concussion. I don't know how well he can jump right now, even on adrenaline.

---

...You know what? We came all this way; I want to take every chance we can to save all three.

Hold on, Charlie!

Douglas Collier

Now wait a minute, how long did the parents continue arguing after Echo’s frantic outburst? Surely they’ve decided to check on him by now? And he left a metal rod pointing the direction they went. So where are they?
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Don’t let go.
I say this because I figure that, in the end, it really seems like both Echo and Bravo are willing to straight up die for Charlie. I feel like, if they themselves got to choose, it would be all, or nothing. Not to mention, something like this is going to haunt them for the rest of their lives if they fail, and at this age? That is going to be the majority of their lives.
Plus, who knows? Maybe their parents are like five seconds away from showing up. We really don’t want this to end like The Mist, do we?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hang on. Rescue rides !!!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

The decision has finally been made. However, I've decided to do something special for this particular scene that's causing it to take a BIT more time. Do look forward to seeing it within the next week or two! (Or sooner if I just kick myself in the tail to focus)
ImageImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I'm guessing "a week or two" turned into "a month or two"?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Unfortunately in the middle of my work on this animation, my laptop's battery seemed to have died. After multiple weeks of trying to see what was wrong was it, it was deemed dead and gone. I'd warn it out entirely with the advanced software I used on it.

Luckily, I got a new laptop just a few days ago, but any file within a folder that was within a folder for some reason was lost when transfering it to my storage system.
Most Case! assets were saved, but the animation was not. I am unsure whether I should continue animating or simply just make it a normal series of drawings so we no longer have to wait on this chapter that has been due to end for many months now.

(Also sorry for mentioning this everywhere but here, I tend to not to think to update a forum like place for this kind of stuff. This is why I need to make a site for either myself, the comic, or both.)
ImageImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

did you try salvaging the harddrive itself and stuffing it into an external drive enclosure? worked for me when my laptop died.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

The laptop was wiped before we fixed it. I thought everything transfered fine so we tried to reformat it to make it run faster in case it did end up being able to fix. Alas, it was not.

I've been over the reasons why the files are un-savable multiple times with multiple (but especially one :/) people, I'd rather not dwell on the matter.
ImageImageImageImage
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I've been over the reasons why the files are un-savable multiple times with multiple (but especially one :/) people, I'd rather not dwell on the matter.
:roll:
Douglas Collier

Aw, it’s alright - anything by you is worth the wait. :)
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Oh, that's sad to hear... But good that you've been able to save nearly everything.

Either way of continuation is fine to me.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

honestly i'd be fine with stick people on lined paper as long as it's interesting.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Agreed!
Loran

Post by Loran »

Will this be continued?

I've read till this topic and hope the story continues! It is very exciting!
I hope nobody minds the question.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

At this point I can basically sit down and make the update at any time, and was actually gonna do that a while ago, but I had a funny and incredibly mean thought as to when to update it and some people agreed that I should do it. It will update, but at the cheekiest time for me to update it. :P

(And yes, for those who don't know, I'm the kind of writer that would literally put off an anticipated project update to time it just right for the sake of a joke)((Also it just gives me an excuse to neglect this project in favor of original projects and ones I like far more))
(((Not that I don't like Case but it's not nearly as amusing to me as it is to you guys because I've replayed every outcome and storyline in my head thousands of times by now. Also the game was literally intended to be filler for something else.))) :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Heh, cheeky little devil. :P
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.