2017/10/23 – Sticking Place

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/10/23 – Sticking Place

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/10/23 - Sticking Place]
Title Text: Lieutenant Bark-lay. Eh? Eh????

What a bunch of nerds.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2017/10/23 – Sticking Place

Post by Saturn381 »

How did they get out of purgatory?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

You go Dallas, Lt. Barclay is just as capable an engineer as any other character in Star Trek (except for Scotty, of course).

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The geeks are out of power
wilting under the tarot glower
as Dallas dreams of Troi
and Joey gives Sabby joy
Lesters’ axe thirsts for battle
when the others want to prattle.
Tarots’ patience is running out…
who’s the first to get a clout?
Reg Barclay’s quite a man
but is Dallas a Voyager man?
If so I know for whom he’ll pine…
it’s a plot I’ll give Seven. Out of Nine.

((Reg Barclay first appeared when he was almost living with fantasy versions of the crew in a holodeck. He appeared a few more times in Star Trek:- The Next Generation and in the film Star Trek:- First contact. Almost a decade later, he unexpectedly turned up as part of the Starfleet team trying to contact the Starship VOYAGER in the Delta quadrant and help her back to Earth. A fair few only watched that series for one reason. Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine.))
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Tarot's reaction is so pure and relatable
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Rick just made this comic just so he can do a Bark-lay joke to add more names to the unfortunate Lieutenant. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Famout

Post by Famout »

No love for Miles O'Brien? Such shame...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Famout wrote:No love for Miles O'Brien? Such shame...
Too many pips for the Chief.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bandit1990 wrote:You go Dallas, Lt. Barclay is just as capable an engineer as any other character in Star Trek (except for Scotty, of course).
I don't know about that. Yeh, he got the Holodeck to turn him into some kind of mentat, but that's probably easy given that Geordie managed to create a super-AI in the Holodeck just by asking for it. Barclay's mostly known for being even geekier than Data and Parris combined.

Maybe if Dallas had requested Barclay-post-alien-probe-encounter?

Prediction: they're still puzzling their way through the puzzle when Peanut Puzzlemaster arrives and solves it, and Tarot apologizes profuseley grudgingly lets them tag along.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I like Lieutenant Brokkoli!

(Has Wesley nicknamed him Broccoli in the original too?)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Odo, Dax, Bashir, Garek-

Think of the choices he could have had if he went the DS9 route
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Actually Broccoli had a knack for unconventional solutions. Among other successes, it was his creativity that got pathfinder up and running.

Besides, his specialization was in systems diagnostics, his entire job is solving puzzles, and he was good enough at it to earn a spot on the federation's flagship.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Wow... Tarot is a jerk for the second page in a row that shes mentioned on. That's actually really unusual, even kings (usually justified) grumpiness was generally contained to one page at a time XD Is tarot going to the dark side!? Will she be stumped as well and saved by peanut!? Will Lt.Barkley ever find love!? Find out on the next exciting episode!

Zack_the_husky wrote:Odo, Dax, Bashir, Garek-

Think of the choices he could have had if he went the DS9 route
Q
Image Image
House42

Post by House42 »

Title Text wrote:Lieutenant Bark-lay. Eh? Eh????
Ok, where's the Vaudeville Hook?
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

And Dallas continues to be adorable.

Also Joey, it's not wise to pick a fight with someone who has actual magical abilities.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Adoring Fan wrote:Wow... Tarot is a jerk for the second page in a row that shes mentioned on. That's actually really unusual
Saving the world does put a bit of stress on you
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Frank wrote:
Adoring Fan wrote:Wow... Tarot is a jerk for the second page in a row that shes mentioned on. That's actually really unusual
Saving the world does put a bit of stress on you
lol I know right? Girl needs like 1000hrs of snuggles or something to relieve all this pressure she's always under. Like when's the last time we saw Tarot having fun or something? Seems that whenever she's involved, its to fix a problem someway somehow. (which is another reason why she's my fav, gets stuff done) but dang it I'm hoping for another imaginate ark or spa day or something soon shoot i'd even go for her fangirling abit over her new crystaltab again in "Dive Headfirst Into The Future" (she was so adorable in that :D ), alittle fooling around here and there would hopefully do wonders for her......(Granted tho Tarot's reaction to those nerds is the typical response :lol: )
....Count on it!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

She was in a couple of the Imaginate arcs, theoretically she had fun doing that. Also, there are a few one-off strips with her messing around with the crystal ball/ KrystalTab™.

Otherwise, yeah, she's only really on panel for plot stuff, I have no idea what she does in her off time.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

If only there was some sort of master of puzzles about to help them solve the riddle. Someone who definitely wouldn't be slowing the party down.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Adoring Fan wrote:Wow... Tarot is a jerk for the second page in a row that shes mentioned on. That's actually really unusual, even kings (usually justified) grumpiness was generally contained to one page at a time XD Is tarot going to the dark side!? Will she be stumped as well and saved by peanut!? Will Lt.Barkley ever find love!? Find out on the next exciting episode!
She's being a jerk.... to the jerks... and that's bad??? :|
If it was my job to save the world and some stuck up geeks were in my way after having to leave my partner and friends behind, I'd be a bit irritated too :lol: At this point you're kinda just looking for excuses to be mad at her.
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Adoring Fan wrote:Wow... Tarot is a jerk for the second page in a row that shes mentioned on. That's actually really unusual, even kings (usually justified) grumpiness was generally contained to one page at a time XD Is tarot going to the dark side!? Will she be stumped as well and saved by peanut!? Will Lt.Barkley ever find love!? Find out on the next exciting episode!
If it was my job to save the world and some stuck up geeks were in my way after having to leave my partner and friends behind, I'd be a bit irritated too :lol: At this point you're kinda just looking for excuses to be mad at her.
No, I just want her to explain why, not just hint that it's important. She's like a Pomeranian X-file, forever hinting at a big plot and never revealing it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Both these teams have their interests, and of course, Tarot's one is more important for everybody. You say that they'll lose a fight, Tarot? I would bet so because it's you who's saying that... :? :D Eh, no power will help you solve a puzzle. ;) Maybe Tarot's team will be able to solve it, but, that other team you left behind has now a master in riddles. I bet Peanut will be the only able to solve it... :) Yep, Tarot isn't a geek like you all. :P I agree with her, I don't care for that detail too. :P
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
No, I just want her to explain why, not just hint that it's important. She's like a Pomeranian X-file, forever hinting at a big plot and never revealing it.
When have joey and them been jerks? They are just a group of nerdy people who believe they are in nothing more than a game and are trying to win. Plus the game is over... its not her job anymore. I admit i may have a soft spot for that group though as they are some of my fav characters. Still i feel like Tarot is being portrayed in an increasingly negative light in this arc. You may feel she is justified but i am skeptical due to her past actions. If her actions are indeed justified by the ends rick really needs to explain it because so far all we have is a super vague one liner from a character who has been known to "Exaggerate" to get her way. Somthing that was even eluded to with peanuts comment "oh so you were right!" and tarots reply "yes.... i was..... right...."

SO I also sorta agree that we need at least more of a hint on this one. After all if its so important why is seemingly everyone getting angelic guides. It seems like we are being told heaven is worried but shown that they are not. Mixed signals you know? if it was really such a danger why haven't the gods just told Kitsune to clean up his toys?
Image Image
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Adoring Fan wrote:When have joey and them been jerks?
Your honor I'd now like to present every time this arc that their party have been jerks, mischievous, or just annoying throughout the entirety of this arc:
ImageImageImage

Call it kiddish immaturity and competitiveness but they haven't exactly been the nicest bunch (namely Dallas and Lester [but mostly Lester]), the comic and characters have kinda made a point of that too. Ya cant really ignore that fact, especially since it was quite the talking point in the earlier parts of the arc. You can be competitive and not act like Joey's team has. :P

And yes, it's not her job, but when has that stopped any hero. ;) (Not, ya know, spot levels of hero but a rational thinking one). I'm not saying Tarot's a saint, she's never been one, but she's not this horrible person that just does things to spite everyone and achieve her own ideas of satisfaction and goals. Unlike most of the characters she's one of the few that acts really mature and straightforward about everything. At most she's just a party pooper :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

fair enough :P
Image Image
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

A fun theory: Tarot maybe trying to save the world because Dragon screwed her on that part when the game became something not as world breaking as it seems. And considering heaven is involved, it could be she's automatically assuming the world is in danger. Because being raised to be an avatar and not saving the world would certainly make me grumpy and mad. Also, Babylon Garden should totally be building a statue of Tarot now for saving their town from cosmic forces.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:She's being a jerk.... to the jerks... and that's bad??? :|
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Naro Rivers wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:She's being a jerk.... to the jerks... and that's bad??? :|
Yeah, but we're talking about being just barely at or below polite here. Hardly a fair comparison :P
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Obbl wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:
Yeah, but we're talking about being just barely at or below polite here. Hardly a fair comparison :P
Yes, but I think I made my point clear.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

GameCobra wrote:A fun theory: Tarot maybe trying to save the world because Dragon screwed her on that part when the game became something not as world breaking as it seems. And considering heaven is involved, it could be she's automatically assuming the world is in danger. Because being raised to be an avatar and not saving the world would certainly make me grumpy and mad. Also, Babylon Garden should totally be building a statue of Tarot now for saving their town from cosmic forces.

If more people knew about it i would totally agree.
Image Image
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot projects an attitude that recalls the old definition of a Puritan, a person who is obsessed with the possibility that someone, somewhere, is having fun...And why, WHY, is no one stopping the miscreant? Maybe that's a cue to the Peanut-Tarot attraction - both like magic. If Tarot wasn't such a self-important killjoy...

Okay...And I KNOW I ain't the only one wondering where that sardonic wily white Fox with all the tails went... !